NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café 2: Discussion, tea, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42813
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Ammar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:It's how I became a Mentor.

How did you become a Mentor, by the way?

Magical rituals and unspeakable deeds, to which few were witness, and even fewer truly know of. We do not speak of these things.

User avatar
Ammar
Minister
 
Posts: 2840
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Ammar wrote:How did you become a Mentor, by the way?

Magical rituals and unspeakable deeds, to which few were witness, and even fewer truly know of. We do not speak of these things.

*cowars in the corner with Crona*
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan


User avatar
Hornesia
Senator
 
Posts: 4339
Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Ammar wrote:How did you become a Mentor, by the way?

Magical rituals and unspeakable deeds, to which few were witness, and even fewer truly know of. We do not speak of these things.

They involve firstborn children and the blood of virgins, correct?
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25073
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Ammar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:It's how I became a Mentor.

How did you become a Mentor, by the way?

Dick jokes.
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42813
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Hornesia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Magical rituals and unspeakable deeds, to which few were witness, and even fewer truly know of. We do not speak of these things.

They involve firstborn children and the blood of virgins, correct?

Something like that. Also a lot of
Constaniana wrote:Dick jokes

, lime green paint and chicken nuggets.
Last edited by Alleniana on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Terintania » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:10 pm

So.....I've got a general idea for an RP, and I want some opinion on whether or not it would be a good idea, or just sort of meh.

The idea is that it would be a sort of open-world, sandbox, do-whatever-you-want (As long as it fits with the world and is reasonable) type of RP. Both character and faction/nation RP.

The world it's based in is a mixture of fantasy and modern technology, if not a little bit more advanced then us in travel technology. Magic is fairly common in this world, though there are people looking to weed it out. And this is due to the Corruption, the main enemy of any nation in this land. The Corruption is basically a sentient virus, parasite, whatever you want to call it. It has it's own thoughts, emotions, though negative emotions like hate, anger or vengeance is all it seems able to feel. It spreads over the land, changing it. Everywhere it touches, the plants blacken die and blackened Corruption vines grow up in their place, covering the ground, the trees, ruins, everything with a layer of blackened plants that strangle the life out of anything it can grasp. The sky always remains a dark, purple-blue, leaving the land in a sort of late dusk light. The water turns a sort or eerie blue-green, a sort of acidic color, which fits because the water also turns minorly acidic, and is undrinkable. There's always at least one dark, ominous cloud in view in the purple-blue sky. The rain is also acidic, like the water, and the lightening is basically black with a light blue-green center, and instead of a flash, the sky around the strike darkens for a second. Snow in the Corruption is a sight to behold the rare occasions that it happens. It blankets the ground in a sort of glowing acid-blue-green color.

But this isn't the worst of what the Corruption can do. It can possess animals, changing them as much as it changes the land. It can choose to either control them, or let them roam with their will free. Free, but filled with a new, twisted, taste for violence and aggression.

But what people live in fear of the most with the Corruption, is when it possesses people. It can only posses people with Magic, but that kind of makes it all the more terrifying. It worms itself inside their hearts in minds, corrupting them with hate and anger, as well as changing their appearance. The Mage has to be weakened in some way mentally for it to do this, however.

Basically, the Corruption is what people have to fear. Mages have to learn to control their emotions so that it can't possess them. A certain Order, however, has a different solution. They believe that if you kill all Mages, the Corruption will no longer have anyone to possess, and will weaken, and when that happens, they believe they can kill it.
Some people believe there's another solution to the Corruption, though. Light. The Corruption spreads fastest by night, and will shrivel and spread much more slowly if faced with too might light. So a group of Light Mages, who call themselves the Priests of Light (So creative), stand against the Corruption. They specialize in Light spells, and are often a Kingdom's only real defense against the Corruption. They can hold it at bay, or, if they band together, they can fight it back.

So, yeah, that's my 'basic' idea :/
You play as a character or kingdom in this world.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Ammar
Minister
 
Posts: 2840
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Alright, so I have a concept for my commuunist revolution.

It takes place in a cold region called Zandeth, which is ruled by Emperor Cusico. Cusicoo keeps his power by dividing the land into five regions all ruled by aristocrats. The land has very little farmland, so starvation is a problem. Each lord has servants and serfs that work for them, even fight in wars between lords. The people in these regions begin to rise against the aristrocrats in order to form a new government, led by a communist revolutionary.
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan


User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42813
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Terintania wrote:So.....I've got a general idea for an RP, and I want some opinion on whether or not it would be a good idea, or just sort of meh.

The idea is that it would be a sort of open-world, sandbox, do-whatever-you-want (As long as it fits with the world and is reasonable) type of RP. Both character and faction/nation RP.

The world it's based in is a mixture of fantasy and modern technology, if not a little bit more advanced then us in travel technology. Magic is fairly common in this world, though there are people looking to weed it out. And this is due to the Corruption, the main enemy of any nation in this land. The Corruption is basically a sentient virus, parasite, whatever you want to call it. It has it's own thoughts, emotions, though negative emotions like hate, anger or vengeance is all it seems able to feel. It spreads over the land, changing it. Everywhere it touches, the plants blacken die and blackened Corruption vines grow up in their place, covering the ground, the trees, ruins, everything with a layer of blackened plants that strangle the life out of anything it can grasp. The sky always remains a dark, purple-blue, leaving the land in a sort of late dusk light. The water turns a sort or eerie blue-green, a sort of acidic color, which fits because the water also turns minorly acidic, and is undrinkable. There's always at least one dark, ominous cloud in view in the purple-blue sky. The rain is also acidic, like the water, and the lightening is basically black with a light blue-green center, and instead of a flash, the sky around the strike darkens for a second. Snow in the Corruption is a sight to behold the rare occasions that it happens. It blankets the ground in a sort of glowing acid-blue-green color.

But this isn't the worst of what the Corruption can do. It can possess animals, changing them as much as it changes the land. It can choose to either control them, or let them roam with their will free. Free, but filled with a new, twisted, taste for violence and aggression.

But what people live in fear of the most with the Corruption, is when it possesses people. It can only posses people with Magic, but that kind of makes it all the more terrifying. It worms itself inside their hearts in minds, corrupting them with hate and anger, as well as changing their appearance. The Mage has to be weakened in some way mentally for it to do this, however.

Basically, the Corruption is what people have to fear. Mages have to learn to control their emotions so that it can't possess them. A certain Order, however, has a different solution. They believe that if you kill all Mages, the Corruption will no longer have anyone to possess, and will weaken, and when that happens, they believe they can kill it.
Some people believe there's another solution to the Corruption, though. Light. The Corruption spreads fastest by night, and will shrivel and spread much more slowly if faced with too might light. So a group of Light Mages, who call themselves the Priests of Light (So creative), stand against the Corruption. They specialize in Light spells, and are often a Kingdom's only real defense against the Corruption. They can hold it at bay, or, if they band together, they can fight it back.

So, yeah, that's my 'basic' idea :/
You play as a character or kingdom in this world.

Interesting...
Though a more physical approach to combating Corruption could be interesting. Using swords to slash at the vines, for example, maybe?

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Terintania » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Terintania wrote:So.....I've got a general idea for an RP, and I want some opinion on whether or not it would be a good idea, or just sort of meh.

The idea is that it would be a sort of open-world, sandbox, do-whatever-you-want (As long as it fits with the world and is reasonable) type of RP. Both character and faction/nation RP.

The world it's based in is a mixture of fantasy and modern technology, if not a little bit more advanced then us in travel technology. Magic is fairly common in this world, though there are people looking to weed it out. And this is due to the Corruption, the main enemy of any nation in this land. The Corruption is basically a sentient virus, parasite, whatever you want to call it. It has it's own thoughts, emotions, though negative emotions like hate, anger or vengeance is all it seems able to feel. It spreads over the land, changing it. Everywhere it touches, the plants blacken die and blackened Corruption vines grow up in their place, covering the ground, the trees, ruins, everything with a layer of blackened plants that strangle the life out of anything it can grasp. The sky always remains a dark, purple-blue, leaving the land in a sort of late dusk light. The water turns a sort or eerie blue-green, a sort of acidic color, which fits because the water also turns minorly acidic, and is undrinkable. There's always at least one dark, ominous cloud in view in the purple-blue sky. The rain is also acidic, like the water, and the lightening is basically black with a light blue-green center, and instead of a flash, the sky around the strike darkens for a second. Snow in the Corruption is a sight to behold the rare occasions that it happens. It blankets the ground in a sort of glowing acid-blue-green color.

But this isn't the worst of what the Corruption can do. It can possess animals, changing them as much as it changes the land. It can choose to either control them, or let them roam with their will free. Free, but filled with a new, twisted, taste for violence and aggression.

But what people live in fear of the most with the Corruption, is when it possesses people. It can only posses people with Magic, but that kind of makes it all the more terrifying. It worms itself inside their hearts in minds, corrupting them with hate and anger, as well as changing their appearance. The Mage has to be weakened in some way mentally for it to do this, however.

Basically, the Corruption is what people have to fear. Mages have to learn to control their emotions so that it can't possess them. A certain Order, however, has a different solution. They believe that if you kill all Mages, the Corruption will no longer have anyone to possess, and will weaken, and when that happens, they believe they can kill it.
Some people believe there's another solution to the Corruption, though. Light. The Corruption spreads fastest by night, and will shrivel and spread much more slowly if faced with too might light. So a group of Light Mages, who call themselves the Priests of Light (So creative), stand against the Corruption. They specialize in Light spells, and are often a Kingdom's only real defense against the Corruption. They can hold it at bay, or, if they band together, they can fight it back.

So, yeah, that's my 'basic' idea :/
You play as a character or kingdom in this world.

Interesting...
Though a more physical approach to combating Corruption could be interesting. Using swords to slash at the vines, for example, maybe?

It's not just the vines, it's in the ground and everywhere in the corruption area. You cut a vine, another will grow back in it's place, and possibly strangle you in the process.

Now...Perhaps if you had an enchanted light sword or something like that, it would work, thought.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25073
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Terintania wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Interesting...
Though a more physical approach to combating Corruption could be interesting. Using swords to slash at the vines, for example, maybe?

It's not just the vines, it's in the ground and everywhere in the corruption area. You cut a vine, another will grow back in it's place, and possibly strangle you in the process.

Now...Perhaps if you had an enchanted light sword or something like that, it would work, thought.

But then what can ordinary humans do to fight the corruption?
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42813
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Constaniana wrote:
Terintania wrote:It's not just the vines, it's in the ground and everywhere in the corruption area. You cut a vine, another will grow back in it's place, and possibly strangle you in the process.

Now...Perhaps if you had an enchanted light sword or something like that, it would work, thought.

But then what can ordinary humans do to fight the corruption?

^
It's an interesting concept, but an enemy that you can only shine light at, and yet is terribly tangible seems a bit lopsided.

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Terintania » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Constaniana wrote:
Terintania wrote:It's not just the vines, it's in the ground and everywhere in the corruption area. You cut a vine, another will grow back in it's place, and possibly strangle you in the process.

Now...Perhaps if you had an enchanted light sword or something like that, it would work, thought.

But then what can ordinary humans do to fight the corruption?

Get your sword enchanted by a Priest of Light? :P

Magic and non-magic typically exists side-by side, so it wouldn't be that hard or that weird of a thing for a normal person to have a light-enchanted sword or something.

Also, another thing I'm debating is whether to actually have modern technology. I keep imagining it as a strictly fantasy world......And Technology doesn't completely fit in the world as I picture it, even though having modern technology was sort of the original plan when coming up with the idea...
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Terintania wrote:
Constaniana wrote:But then what can ordinary humans do to fight the corruption?

Get your sword enchanted by a Priest of Light? :P

Magic and non-magic typically exists side-by side, so it wouldn't be that hard or that weird of a thing for a normal person to have a light-enchanted sword or something.

Also, another thing I'm debating is whether to actually have modern technology. I keep imagining it as a strictly fantasy world......And Technology doesn't completely fit in the world as I picture it, even though having modern technology was sort of the original plan when coming up with the idea...

A gun with a magazine of light-enchanted 7.62. You know it's the right thing to do.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
Ammar
Minister
 
Posts: 2840
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Here's what I got so far. What could I do to make it better?

It is the high middle ages in the land of Zandeth, a cold land where food is not prevalent, and starvation is a major problem. The land is ruled by Emperor Cusico, who rules with the force of the aristocracy. Five regions are ruled over by lords, and each lord has servants and serfs who farm little land, manage the animals, and even fight in wars between the lords.

The latest war between the lords led to the rise of Vladius Darius, who believes that the problem is with the aristocracy. Vladius preaches to the workers that the lords have been living the life of luxury at the expense of the commmon man. He says that if it were not for the corruption of the aristocracy, they would all have food oon their tables every night, and not the bare minimum to prevent them from starving to death.

At first, the message of Vladius was interesting, but insane. A system in which everyone shared the production of their work, and no one had an unjust advantage was crazy at the start, but that quickly changed. When a new war broke out, the soldiers threw down their swords in diffiance. They had enough with the lords exploitiing them and takiing what little they had. A thousand warriors followed Vladius into battle against the corrupted aristocracy, but the Emperor would have no part of that. With a new threat to his power, Cusico abandoned his crown and his family abandoned Zandeth to go to an isolated island, waiting for the revolution to be put down.
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan


User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 55330
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Ammar wrote:Here's what I got so far. What could I do to make it better?

It is the high middle ages in the land of Zandeth, a cold land where food is not prevalent, and starvation is a major problem. The land is ruled by Emperor Cusico, who rules with the force of the aristocracy. Five regions are ruled over by lords, and each lord has servants and serfs who farm little land, manage the animals, and even fight in wars between the lords.

The latest war between the lords led to the rise of Vladius Darius, who believes that the problem is with the aristocracy. Vladius preaches to the workers that the lords have been living the life of luxury at the expense of the commmon man. He says that if it were not for the corruption of the aristocracy, they would all have food oon their tables every night, and not the bare minimum to prevent them from starving to death.

At first, the message of Vladius was interesting, but insane. A system in which everyone shared the production of their work, and no one had an unjust advantage was crazy at the start, but that quickly changed. When a new war broke out, the soldiers threw down their swords in diffiance. They had enough with the lords exploitiing them and takiing what little they had. A thousand warriors followed Vladius into battle against the corrupted aristocracy, but the Emperor would have no part of that. With a new threat to his power, Cusico abandoned his crown and his family abandoned Zandeth to go to an isolated island, waiting for the revolution to be put down.


An entrenched oligarchy running away from threats to their power?

Seems contrary to human nature, offhand.
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Terintania » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Constaniana wrote:But then what can ordinary humans do to fight the corruption?

^
It's an interesting concept, but an enemy that you can only shine light at, and yet is terribly tangible seems a bit lopsided.


I don't understand what you mean, exactly.

Ayreonia wrote:
Terintania wrote:Get your sword enchanted by a Priest of Light? :P

Magic and non-magic typically exists side-by side, so it wouldn't be that hard or that weird of a thing for a normal person to have a light-enchanted sword or something.

Also, another thing I'm debating is whether to actually have modern technology. I keep imagining it as a strictly fantasy world......And Technology doesn't completely fit in the world as I picture it, even though having modern technology was sort of the original plan when coming up with the idea...

A gun with a magazine of light-enchanted 7.62. You know it's the right thing to do.

Shooting it with one bullet wouldn't really do much :P One thing about spells is that they can affect a wide area :P

Maybe there could be Light Bombs or Light Grenades or something like that.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Ammar
Minister
 
Posts: 2840
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:33 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ammar wrote:Here's what I got so far. What could I do to make it better?



An entrenched oligarchy running away from threats to their power?

Seems contrary to human nature, offhand.


I changed it to where Cusico declared a crusade, promising any loyalists untold riches for fighting in the war.
Last edited by Ammar on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan


User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42813
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Terintania wrote:
Alleniana wrote:^
It's an interesting concept, but an enemy that you can only shine light at, and yet is terribly tangible seems a bit lopsided.


I don't understand what you mean, exactly.


Well, when you fight something that is dark and evil and strangles everything in the most tangible form ever, you'd expect to fight similarly, tooth for tooth, eye for eye, armed down to the fingernails, bitterly. Instead... you have to shine light at it? I would suggest using more accessible forms, like perhaps fire, or even steel cutting vines being superficially useful.

User avatar
Ayreonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6157
Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Terintania wrote:
Alleniana wrote:^
It's an interesting concept, but an enemy that you can only shine light at, and yet is terribly tangible seems a bit lopsided.


I don't understand what you mean, exactly.

Ayreonia wrote:A gun with a magazine of light-enchanted 7.62. You know it's the right thing to do.

Shooting it with one bullet wouldn't really do much :P One thing about spells is that they can affect a wide area :P

Maybe there could be Light Bombs or Light Grenades or something like that.

Well, duh. That's why you need a lot of bullets. If it can be stabbed to death, it can be shot to death.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 55330
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Ammar wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
An entrenched oligarchy running away from threats to their power?

Seems contrary to human nature, offhand.

Maybe he's a coward and never really had power?


Still, if he enjoys his privileges and whatnot, running away to a secluded island makes him a nobody with no perks. Presumably he at least enjoys the fruits of being, yknow, Emperor.
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
Ammar
Minister
 
Posts: 2840
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:37 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ammar wrote:Maybe he's a coward and never really had power?


Still, if he enjoys his privileges and whatnot, running away to a secluded island makes him a nobody with no perks. Presumably he at least enjoys the fruits of being, yknow, Emperor.

I changed it to where Cusico declared a crusade, promising any loyalists untold riches for fighting in the war.
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan


User avatar
Hornesia
Senator
 
Posts: 4339
Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 pm

This decent as an OP so far?
“Following the raid upon the militia compound, local authorities have confirmed they have found facilities capable of producing a biological weapon, although they have not stated if they have actually found an actual weapon on the premises. Unidentified men in a military vehicle arrived on scene, in some sort of HazMat gear in a camouflage pattern arrived on scene, which was identified as a type of apparatus known as MOPP 4 by one of our experts. The men’s affiliation in unknown, but suspected to be members of the US Army. This just in from Atlanta, the CDC is sending a group to investigate the compound”
-WABI TV Evening News, Bangor, Maine, 2/27/14

A day ago, it began. No one knows exactly what’s happening, but it’s bad. Murders, rioting, loss of general contact, it’s been happening all over Northern Georgia. It’s gotten to a point where the Atlanta, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, John’s Creek, Alpharetta, Decatur, and Cumming Police Departments, as well as the Georgia State Patrol and Georgia Bureau of Investigation have created a task force to investigate the recent crime wave. You are one of the officers assigned to this force. Whether you’re a detective, SWAT officer, K-9, specialized response, or even patrol, you've been assigned to intervene in these cases and if possible, figure out what’s causing them.

Little does anyone know there’s something lurking in the darkness. Something that if discovered, would cause mass rioting, looting, and general hysteria. A military C-130 cargo plane, carrying a weaponised form of rabies, crashed into Lake Lanier, releasing its cargo into the lake. The problem with this is that Lake Lanier provides the water for the whole of Northern Georgia. It’s only a matter of time before the wreck is discovered, but until then, the whole of Atlanta is at the mercy of the virus.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 55330
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Ammar wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Still, if he enjoys his privileges and whatnot, running away to a secluded island makes him a nobody with no perks. Presumably he at least enjoys the fruits of being, yknow, Emperor.

I changed it to where Cusico declared a crusade, promising any loyalists untold riches for fighting in the war.


Ah, that makes more sense.

For bonus historical relevancy points, make those riches spiritual and to be received after death.
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
Ammar
Minister
 
Posts: 2840
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:42 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ammar wrote:I changed it to where Cusico declared a crusade, promising any loyalists untold riches for fighting in the war.


Ah, that makes more sense.

For bonus historical relevancy points, make those riches spiritual and to be received after death.

Ok, and for the hell of it, I'll make them Muslim.
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan


User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Terintania » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Terintania wrote:
I don't understand what you mean, exactly.


Well, when you fight something that is dark and evil and strangles everything in the most tangible form ever, you'd expect to fight similarly, tooth for tooth, eye for eye, armed down to the fingernails, bitterly. Instead... you have to shine light at it? I would suggest using more accessible forms, like perhaps fire, or even steel cutting vines being superficially useful.


Fire would work. Cutting it might work, but it would be like fighting off an endless hoard of zombies, basically. Where you kill one, another pops up. Perhaps a special kind of metal that can harm the corruption?

One thing to note is the sheer expanse of corruption. It covers a fairly larger portion of the world. It's part of the world now, and mostly what people care about it keeping themselves and their kingdoms safe from it. Beyond that, in the remote areas, they simply let it spread wild.

You also have to remember that the Corruption is Sentient. It's not just some plants growing out of hand. It's smart, and it can change it's tactics if it has to.

Ayreonia wrote:
Terintania wrote:
I don't understand what you mean, exactly.


Shooting it with one bullet wouldn't really do much :P One thing about spells is that they can affect a wide area :P

Maybe there could be Light Bombs or Light Grenades or something like that.

Well, duh. That's why you need a lot of bullets. If it can be stabbed to death, it can be shot to death.


I guess the bullets could be used against the creatures of the Corruption (They can be killed by means other then Light, I just imagine Light would kill them faster.)
Times are looking grim these days~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: G-Tech Corporation, House of Cromwell, Hypron, Lunas Legion, Novas Arcanum, Osterreichisch Deutsches Reich, Plzen, Ralnis, The Hierophancy, Vacif

Advertisement

Remove ads