NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café 2: Discussion, tea, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Monarch. Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, yes.

Yes. Grand Duke. The only title that's even more pompous than "King."

Grand Duchy of Finland was hardly pompous. Poor guy probably never knew dafuq was going on :p

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:Yes. Grand Duke. The only title that's even more pompous than "King."

Grand Duchy of Finland was hardly pompous. Poor guy probably never knew dafuq was going on :p

Well, considering that the Grand Duke of Finland was the Czar of Russia, I'd hope he did.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Grand Duchy of Finland was hardly pompous. Poor guy probably never knew dafuq was going on :p

Well, considering that the Grand Duke of Finland was the Czar of Russia, I'd hope he did.

Oh, I thought it was a separate duke, considering the autonomy they had :blush:

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:29 pm

A civil war rp with magic would be interesting.

But the trick is that such an rp shouldn't be set in America (though it can). I personally feel exploring a different country, like Iraq (where civil war is very realistic) would be cooler.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:Well, considering that the Grand Duke of Finland was the Czar of Russia, I'd hope he did.

Oh, I thought it was a separate duke, considering the autonomy they had :blush:

We did have a senate, which was pretty cool... if you forgot that it answered to the Grand Duke, at least.

Good times, good times. At least the Russians were more benevolent overlords than the damn Swedes.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Ammar
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:A civil war rp with magic would be interesting.

But the trick is that such an rp shouldn't be set in America (though it can). I personally feel exploring a different country, like Iraq (where civil war is very realistic) would be cooler.

What about one based on the years of Tsar Ivan in Russia, or the Communist Revolution in Russia?
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Ammar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:A civil war rp with magic would be interesting.

What about one based on the years of Tsar Ivan in Russia, or the Communist Revolution in Russia?

Could work well indeed.

I was just thinking countries like Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan because I was doing some research on the FATA and realised again just how fucked my neighbour is.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Ammar wrote:What about one based on the years of Tsar Ivan in Russia, or the Communist Revolution in Russia?

Could work well indeed.

I was just thinking countries like Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan because I was doing some research on the FATA and realised again just how fucked my neighbour is.

You know it's bad when they make an Arma 2 map of it.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Hornesia wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Could work well indeed.

You know it's bad when they make an Arma 2 map of it.

There's a video game about the FATA?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Hornesia wrote:You know it's bad when they make an Arma 2 map of it.

There's a video game about the FATA?

Not entirely, but someone took the time to create an incredibly detailed mod importing the terrain and villages for it.
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Hornesia wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:There's a video game about the FATA?

Not entirely, but someone took the time to create an incredibly detailed mod importing the terrain and villages for it.

Ah, cool.

I wish that area had more Western attention. It's a true living hell, and a good example of why Partition was a bad idea in the end.

But then, most of Pakistan is heading toward greater hell.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Hornesia wrote:Not entirely, but someone took the time to create an incredibly detailed mod importing the terrain and villages for it.

Ah, cool.

I wish that area had more Western attention. It's a true living hell, and a good example of why Partition was a bad idea in the end.

Just saying, anywhere they found Bin Laden probably isn't a gleaming bastion of democracy and religious tolerance.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Hornesia wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Ah, cool.

Just saying, anywhere they found Bin Laden probably isn't a gleaming bastion of democracy and religious tolerance.

Which is too bad. I feel sad for them. They're brothers, in a way, even if we aren't friendly. There's a millennia of history between us.

*shrug*

Anyway, an rp in Pakistan would be interesting, but I doubt anyone here could do it very well.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Actually, I'm gonna get working on an RP based on the Communist Revolution of Russia. Now, when did that actually begin?
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Hornesia wrote:Just saying, anywhere they found Bin Laden probably isn't a gleaming bastion of democracy and religious tolerance.

Which is too bad. I feel sad for them. They're brothers, in a way, even if we aren't friendly. There's a millennia of history between us.

*shrug*

Anyway, an rp in Pakistan would be interesting, but I doubt anyone here could do it very well.

I have serious doubts the one I'm making that's fairly straight forward will end in anything but failure, so can't help you there.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Oh, I thought it was a separate duke, considering the autonomy they had :blush:

We did have a senate, which was pretty cool... if you forgot that it answered to the Grand Duke, at least.

Good times, good times. At least the Russians were more benevolent overlords than the damn Swedes.

Oh, you are Finnish?

Were they? I mean, back in the Swedish era, Malmo was less Swedish than Turku.
Ammar wrote:Actually, I'm gonna get working on an RP based on the Communist Revolution of Russia. Now, when did that actually begin?

1917, the final incarnation began, I believe.

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Ammar wrote:Actually, I'm gonna get working on an RP based on the Communist Revolution of Russia. Now, when did that actually begin?

1917, during World War 1.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:48 pm

That may be a good place to start.
http://www.sparknotes.com/history/europ ... ntext.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Revolution
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Hornesia wrote:Just saying, anywhere they found Bin Laden probably isn't a gleaming bastion of democracy and religious tolerance.

*shrug*

How about an RP set in Pakistan during the discovery of Bin Laden? We can play as either Pakiatan intelligence officer, Bin Laden's bodyguards....or US Navy Seal. Of course, I will limit the amount of Navy Seal to maybe 6 or 7
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:54 pm

That may be a good place to start.
http://www.sparknotes.com/history/europ ... ntext.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Revolution

*rubs hands together*

Well, this is going to be a terrible historical RP. Maybe I'll have an easier time without tying it in to something that actually happened.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Which is too bad. I feel sad for them. They're brothers, in a way, even if we aren't friendly. There's a millennia of history between us.

*shrug*

How about an RP set in Pakistan during the discovery of Bin Laden? We can play as either Pakiatan intelligence officer, Bin Laden's bodyguards....or US Navy Seal. Of course, I will limit the amount of Navy Seal to maybe 6 or 7

Much too specific. People will get bored.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Ammar wrote:

*rubs hands together*

Well, this is going to be a terrible historical RP. Maybe I'll have an easier time without tying it in to something that actually happened.

Good plan.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Ammar wrote:*rubs hands together*

Good plan.

When in doubt, bullshit your way! 8) I think I'll change my motto to that.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Ammar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Good plan.

When in doubt, bullshit your way! 8) I think I'll change my motto to that.

It's how I became a Mentor.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:57 pm

Ammar wrote:When in doubt, bullshit your way! 8) I think I'll change my motto to that.

It's how I became a Mentor.

How did you become a Mentor, by the way?
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads