NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café 2: Discussion, tea, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Fraire
Minister
 
Posts: 2066
Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Fraire » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:33 pm

I'm glad YOU listen. I'm glad you care. For nobody rhyming, I can not bear.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Let's stop.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Fraire
Minister
 
Posts: 2066
Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Fraire » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Let's stop.

You want me to stop? What are you, a cop?

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Fraire wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Let's stop.

You want me to stop? What are you, a cop?

Yes he is, he has power here
To many RPers he is dear
So stop rhyming or him you'll fear
Your words you must most wisely steer

User avatar
Fraire
Minister
 
Posts: 2066
Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Fraire » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Oh, man. What have I done?
I swear my rhyming is officially done.

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Fraire wrote:Oh, man. What have I done?
I swear my rhyming is officially done.

That is good,
The rhyme is dead
Now you should
Hear no verse said

User avatar
Fraire
Minister
 
Posts: 2066
Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Fraire » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:46 pm

hypocrite

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Fraire wrote:hypocrite

Why is this said, I do not type in verse, do I?
Hypocrite you say, please explain then why

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:49 pm

No, genuinely, let's stop.

Fraire, I'll be perfectly blunt with you. Mature. Your current attitude of poor spelling, acting "mad and manic" and generally trying to make yourself the centre of attention is not very appealing. It's a trend throughout your whole posting history in P2TM and A&F. For your own sake and I say this as personal and Mentor advice, stop and grow up beyond that.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:In 1824, the Ottoman Empire crushes the Greek War of Independence, setting up ripples through European, — and soon, world — history.

For its help in the war, Egypt gains Morea and Crete but not Syria. Wins the First Egyptian-Ottoman War, but stops at Konya after British gunboat diplomacy. Thousands of Greek slaves are deported to Egypt and replaced with Arab settlers. Syria chafes under Egyptian modernisation.

Egypt forced to give up Syria and the Hejaz in Second Egyptian-Ottoman War after European threat of military intervention. Keeps Morea, Crete, gains Cyprus and several freedoms, including the ability to contract foreign loans. France, which initially intervened on Egypt's behalf militarily for Greece and Syrian Catholics, gets a dose of British gunboat diplomacy, backing down and compelled by treaty never to intervene in Egyptian affairs again.

The Suez Canal is not constructed. Egyptian floating debt butterflied, replaced by foreign loan of several million in modernisation costs. Britain remains apprehensive.

***

Now, are there any problems with this hypothesis? Where do I go from here? What are the possible ramifications? Without the Suez Canal, how would the Scramble for Africa have turned out? Is there enough squeeze room for a French-backed Shogun victory in the Boshin War? How about a Belgian invasion of the Philippines during the Carlist Revolutions?

More importantly, how do I get to the WWI-era endgame where a British-German-Ottoman Triple Alliance faces a French-Russian-Italian Entente? Would it have been the Ottomans or Austria on Germany's side? Would Italy have committed to this new Entente?


What about a Dutch Benelux?

And more importantly, any budding mapmakers?

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:In 1824, the Ottoman Empire crushes the Greek War of Independence, setting up ripples through European, — and soon, world — history.

For its help in the war, Egypt gains Morea and Crete but not Syria. Wins the First Egyptian-Ottoman War, but stops at Konya after British gunboat diplomacy. Thousands of Greek slaves are deported to Egypt and replaced with Arab settlers. Syria chafes under Egyptian modernisation.

Egypt forced to give up Syria and the Hejaz in Second Egyptian-Ottoman War after European threat of military intervention. Keeps Morea, Crete, gains Cyprus and several freedoms, including the ability to contract foreign loans. France, which initially intervened on Egypt's behalf militarily for Greece and Syrian Catholics, gets a dose of British gunboat diplomacy, backing down and compelled by treaty never to intervene in Egyptian affairs again.

The Suez Canal is not constructed. Egyptian floating debt butterflied, replaced by foreign loan of several million in modernisation costs. Britain remains apprehensive.

***

Now, are there any problems with this hypothesis? Where do I go from here? What are the possible ramifications? Without the Suez Canal, how would the Scramble for Africa have turned out? Is there enough squeeze room for a French-backed Shogun victory in the Boshin War? How about a Belgian invasion of the Philippines during the Carlist Revolutions?

More importantly, how do I get to the WWI-era endgame where a British-German-Ottoman Triple Alliance faces a French-Russian-Italian Entente? Would it have been the Ottomans or Austria on Germany's side? Would Italy have committed to this new Entente?


What about a Dutch Benelux?

And more importantly, any budding mapmakers?

Seems rather arbitrary, and rather focused on the east Mediterranean.

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
What about a Dutch Benelux?

And more importantly, any budding mapmakers?

Seems rather arbitrary, and rather focused on the east Mediterranean.


Because that is only the POD. A series of PODs is possible, though I'd like just one for now.

Trying to figure out what happens next. France being closed to North Africa and Asia (for the time being) means it has more resources to throw at in the Americas, especially Mexico. Which gives it a closer eye on Panama, and when de Lesseps sooner or later builds the Panama Canal, the Pacific is open to French enroachment.

The new frontier is no longer Africa, but the Orient... Again.

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Seems rather arbitrary, and rather focused on the east Mediterranean.


Because that is only the POD. A series of PODs is possible, though I'd like just one for now.

Trying to figure out what happens next. France being closed to North Africa and Asia (for the time being) means it has more resources to throw at in the Americas, especially Mexico. Which gives it a closer eye on Panama, and when de Lesseps sooner or later builds the Panama Canal, the Pacific is open to French enroachment.

The new frontier is no longer Africa, but the Orient... Again.

Hmm...
Why not? North Africa is hardly all Africa.

User avatar
Altito Asmoro
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33371
Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:In 1824, the Ottoman Empire crushes the Greek War of Independence, setting up ripples through European, — and soon, world — history.

For its help in the war, Egypt gains Morea and Crete but not Syria. Wins the First Egyptian-Ottoman War, but stops at Konya after British gunboat diplomacy. Thousands of Greek slaves are deported to Egypt and replaced with Arab settlers. Syria chafes under Egyptian modernisation.

Egypt forced to give up Syria and the Hejaz in Second Egyptian-Ottoman War after European threat of military intervention. Keeps Morea, Crete, gains Cyprus and several freedoms, including the ability to contract foreign loans. France, which initially intervened on Egypt's behalf militarily for Greece and Syrian Catholics, gets a dose of British gunboat diplomacy, backing down and compelled by treaty never to intervene in Egyptian affairs again.

The Suez Canal is not constructed. Egyptian floating debt butterflied, replaced by foreign loan of several million in modernisation costs. Britain remains apprehensive.

***

Now, are there any problems with this hypothesis? Where do I go from here? What are the possible ramifications? Without the Suez Canal, how would the Scramble for Africa have turned out? Is there enough squeeze room for a French-backed Shogun victory in the Boshin War? How about a Belgian invasion of the Philippines during the Carlist Revolutions?

More importantly, how do I get to the WWI-era endgame where a British-German-Ottoman Triple Alliance faces a French-Russian-Italian Entente? Would it have been the Ottomans or Austria on Germany's side? Would Italy have committed to this new Entente?


What about a Dutch Benelux?

And more importantly, any budding mapmakers?


Dutch Benelux sounds good. But I think they need to invest on military of Indonesia if they want to keep Indonesia. France maybe eyeing for resources in Indonesia, same with Britain.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

User avatar
Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22142
Founded: May 09, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Agritum » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:No, genuinely, let's stop.

Fraire, I'll be perfectly blunt with you. Mature. Your current attitude of poor spelling, acting "mad and manic" and generally trying to make yourself the centre of attention is not very appealing. It's a trend throughout your whole posting history in P2TM and A&F. For your own sake and I say this as personal and Mentor advice, stop and grow up beyond that.

Well, myself, I got attention by flaunting my love of mecha all over the world.
Neoliberal Globalist Ukraine Supporter
Friedmanite Libertarian ALDE Eurofederalist



User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Because that is only the POD. A series of PODs is possible, though I'd like just one for now.

Trying to figure out what happens next. France being closed to North Africa and Asia (for the time being) means it has more resources to throw at in the Americas, especially Mexico. Which gives it a closer eye on Panama, and when de Lesseps sooner or later builds the Panama Canal, the Pacific is open to French enroachment.

The new frontier is no longer Africa, but the Orient... Again.

Hmm...
Why not? North Africa is hardly all Africa.


A scramble for Africa is still possible, and I'd like a Fashoda Incident in the Niger. I imagine, however, that Leopold II would most likely go for the Philippines as he had originally planned, so there goes a mad landgrab for a time.

In the event of an Ottoman victory in the Greek Revolt, followed by a victory in the Crimean War, there is now little to stop the Tanzimat, which will give the needed tap to swing a close Russian victory to a close Ottoman victory and industrialisation on par with Italy. Russia and Austria continue to be strong allies as they do not fight for supremacy in the Balkans. The Dreikaiserbund is renewed and stays strong.

Which means Britain, France, Italy vs Germany, Austria, Russia, unless the Austrians and the Russians wouldn't have been on good terms anyway after the Crimean War.

I just need to establish the partition of Africa.

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Hmm...
Why not? North Africa is hardly all Africa.


A scramble for Africa is still possible, and I'd like a Fashoda Incident in the Niger. I imagine, however, that Leopold II would most likely go for the Philippines as he had originally planned, so there goes a mad landgrab for a time.

In the event of an Ottoman victory in the Greek Revolt, followed by a victory in the Crimean War, there is now little to stop the Tanzimat, which will give the needed tap to swing a close Russian victory to a close Ottoman victory and industrialisation on par with Italy. Russia and Austria continue to be strong allies as they do not fight for supremacy in the Balkans. The Dreikaiserbund is renewed and stays strong.

Which means Britain, France, Italy vs Germany, Austria, Russia, unless the Austrians and the Russians wouldn't have been on good terms anyway after the Crimean War.

I just need to establish the partition of Africa.

Hmm... sounds interesting. I'm not quite as well versed in that period's history as you are, but it sounds very interesting.

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40970
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:08 am

The Nation of Hay wrote:
Fraire wrote:Fine, I'll set it on a farm with oranges, and all oranges are filled with gross boranges


Actually, there is technically a rhyme for orange.

See here.


Where's the definition?
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
The Nation of Hay
Minister
 
Posts: 3253
Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Hay » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:10 am

Grenartia wrote:
The Nation of Hay wrote:
Actually, there is technically a rhyme for orange.

See here.


Where's the definition?


It's a rather dated term for Sporangium
sig rework in progress

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:12 am

I, once, half-asleep, thought of a rhyme for orange. I fell asleep, and promptly never remembered it again.
:p

User avatar
Seljuq Kyiv
Minister
 
Posts: 3178
Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:13 am

Alleniana wrote:I, once, half-asleep, thought of a rhyme for orange. I fell asleep, and promptly never remembered it again.
:p


Lozenge? 8)

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:17 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I, once, half-asleep, thought of a rhyme for orange. I fell asleep, and promptly never remembered it again.
:p


Lozenge? 8)

I... think... maybe...

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30306
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:55 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:No, genuinely, let's stop.

Fraire, I'll be perfectly blunt with you. Mature. Your current attitude of poor spelling, acting "mad and manic" and generally trying to make yourself the centre of attention is not very appealing. It's a trend throughout your whole posting history in P2TM and A&F. For your own sake and I say this as personal and Mentor advice, stop and grow up beyond that.

I support Night on this.

Peeps, Traveller's Cafe is a place for brainstorming and advice. While I don't frown on banter (and contribute to it elsewhere), I don't want to lose this thread due to misconception that it's "a chat play thread". Talk is good. Too much off topic talk is bad. Save the play for your OOCs or F7.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Ularn
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6864
Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:49 am

Are there any Steampunk-themed character RPs going on at the moment? I'm in the mood for some gentlemanly Mad Science!TM
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

User avatar
Alleniana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42812
Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:58 am

Ularn wrote:Are there any Steampunk-themed character RPs going on at the moment? I'm in the mood for some gentlemanly Mad Science!TM

I don't believe so; steampunk was all the rage but a month ago, but now there's fairly few.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bruke, Google Adsense [Bot], Kasa Tkoth Sphere, Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai, Novas Arcanum, Prusselanden, Skylus, Speyland, Spiritual Republic of Caryton, Ubaria

Advertisement

Remove ads