NATION

PASSWORD

Beyond the Atlantic - Alt History 1500 AD RP - OOC/R.I.P

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Paketo wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:I can tell you, it's definitely not historical after the beginning of the timeline.
I suppose that means that somewhere in the 1100's you still have to be historical but can change more or less everything after that.

That's what I thought but wanted to make sure

Yeap. It isn't like I would recognise a historical irish figure anyway :P
Last edited by DrakoLand on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:05 pm

DrakoLand wrote:
Paketo wrote:That's what I thought but wanted to make sure

Neither would I :p I was just going to make a made up guy take the throne of Leinster around 1196 and have the island united around 1260 by his son
Last edited by Paketo on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Paketo wrote:
DrakoLand wrote:

Neither would I :p I was just going to make a made up guy take the throne of Leinster around 1196 and have the island united around 1260 by his son

Makes sense. Get on with it so that I can accept you already :P

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 pm

DrakoLand wrote:
Paketo wrote:

In school, gotta take a test on ancient Persia then we can get onto the ancient Greeks
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Paketo wrote:
DrakoLand wrote:

In school, gotta take a test on ancient Persia then we can get onto the ancient Greeks

All you need to know about Perisa is that they got f'd by the Greeks.
All you need to know about the Greeks is tat they were stupid enough to start fing each other.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:33 pm

DrakoLand wrote:
Paketo wrote:

All you need to know about the Greeks is tat they were stupid enough to start fing each other.

A)Remember Athens and the Thermopylae, Drako?I'm so sorry, you know I can't resist history
B) Definitely.Delian League FTW!!
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:36 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:
DrakoLand wrote:

A)Remember Athens and the Thermopylae, Drako?I'm so sorry, you know I can't resist history

I was referring to the events a certain Alex set in motion... And remember Salamina and Marathona :)
And no, no, no. Screw the Delian League and screw all the Athenophiles of Europe.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:41 pm

DrakoLand wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:A)Remember Athens and the Thermopylae, Drako?I'm so sorry, you know I can't resist history

I was referring to the events a certain Alex set in motion... And remember Salamina and Marathona :)
And no, no, no. Screw the Delian League and screw all the Athenophiles of Europe.

Of course, of course you were, and I was referring to the actions of a certain son of Darius. Fair 'nough.
And yes,yes,yes. Screw the Peleponnesian League and screw all Spartanophiles of everywhere. Αθηναϊκή Ελευθερία ή Θάνατος!I think.

Please don't kill me.
Last edited by The Jonathanian States on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:46 pm

DrakoLand wrote:

Of course, of course you were, and I was referring to the actions of a certain son of Darius. Fair 'nough.
And yes,yes,yes. Screw the Peleponnesian League and screw all Spartanophiles of everywhere. Αθηναϊκή Ελευθερία ή Θάνατος!I think.

Please don't kill me.

Your Greek is correct though I don't see how the Greek revolutionary motto of Freedom or Death goes with Athen's policy of enslaving the other Greek states, plundering the Greek world in a decades long civil war and being total dickweeds.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:50 pm

DrakoLand wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Of course, of course you were, and I was referring to the actions of a certain son of Darius. Fair 'nough.

Please don't kill me.

Your Greek is correct though I don't see how the Greek revolutionary motto of Freedom or Death goes with Athen's policy of enslaving the other Greek states, plundering the Greek world in a decades long civil war and being total dickweeds.

A) Google Translator FTW!!!
B) I'd say I prefer the Athenian politic(ian)s over their spartanian equivalents, which is why in the context of them against the spartans, they'd be the one I'd support.

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:53 pm

DrakoLand wrote:

A) Google Translator FTW!!!
B) I'd say I prefer the Athenian politic(ian)s over their spartanian equivalents, which is why in the context of them against the spartans, they'd be the one I'd support.

Is it about Democracy? Cause Pericles was a jerk.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:57 pm

DrakoLand wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:A) Google Translator FTW!!!

Also,yes.
He was?

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:59 pm

DrakoLand wrote:
Paketo wrote:

American school, they teach us BS we will never use
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:59 pm

DrakoLand wrote:

Also,yes.
He was?

Hmm, let me see, he took advantage of the other Greek states, he assassinated his political enemies and when people had enough, he DoWed Sparta. Trully a shining example of modern Democracy and a man to be respected by all European leaders...

Paketo wrote:
DrakoLand wrote:

I kinda hope one of your teacher's walks by and sees this :P
Last edited by DrakoLand on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Also, this is propably not your "thing" but it seems to have potential, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=279468

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:01 pm

DrakoLand wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Also,yes.
He was?

Hmm, let me see, he took advantage of the other Greek states, he assassinated his political enemies and when people had enough, he DoWed Sparta. Trully a shining example of modern Democracy and a man to be respected by all European leaders...

Paketo wrote:

I kinda hope one of your teacher's walks by and sees this :P

Like that would happen

*teacher is looking over my shoulder*
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Adurnak
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Adurnak » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Choice of country: Poland-Lithuania
History of country (you can improvise here based on the timeline): I'll do this later, just wanted to put this down as a tag
Goals for RP (Optional): Get back access to the Black sea and more land on the Baltic (by fucking the Russians) and keep good relations with the Germans, Scandinavians, and the yellow nation to the south (Hungary?).
RP example: You know me haha :)
I can't believe how long I've been on this website

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Adurnak wrote:Choice of country: Poland-Lithuania
History of country (you can improvise here based on the timeline): I'll do this later, just wanted to put this down as a tag
Goals for RP (Optional): Get back access to the Black sea and more land on the Baltic (by fucking the Russians) and keep good relations with the Germans, Scandinavians, and the yellow nation to the south (Hungary?).
RP example: You know me haha :)

Yeap, they are Hungary. They use to own most of the Balkans till Serbia and Russia ganged up on them and forced them to release Wallachia after annexing a ton of land
Last edited by DrakoLand on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Choice of country: ireland
History of country: In 1168, Stephan Camp came into power in Leinster after a brief civil war. It was Irish-germanic Camps vs 4 other noble family factions that rose up after the sudden death of the duke with no heir. The Camps were eventually able to defeat the other factions and take the duchy of leinster as their own in 1168. Stephan immeditaly began to improve the infrastructure (castles, towns, ports) all around Leinster which drained the coffers of the duchy. Stephan seeing his fortune drain as he built up Leinster, launched a war to the south to try and take the riches of the petty kingdoms in munster. after several wars, Munster was fully under the control of Leinster in the year 1189. The wars had stabilzed the riches of the duchy but at the ripe age of 60, Stephan could not launch anymore due to his health. Stephan finally passed into the realm of our lord in the year 1200 with nothing of note happening. His son, George then took the rule of the country and made his first act declaring the Country to be the Kingdom of South Ireland. With the newking in the south, the irish to the north saw this as a oppertunity to attack launching a invasion in march of 1201. The forces of leinster quickly responded but lost the first battle being unprepared for the fighting. they fell back and regrouped at the cpaital before marching out and meeting the enemy just 20 miles from the capital. 2000 troops of leinster versus a force of 2800 from the coalition of duchy of dublin and the the duchy of tyrone. The battle was qabout to be lost when reinforcemnts from Munster arrived bolstering their numbers by 1000. This renewed to courage of the leinster army who quickly made a counterattack driving the enemy into a retreat. they quickly puresed the nemey who retreated the city of dublin. The siege lasted 13 months due to constant raids by enemy forces from tyrone but was finally able to force a surrender in May of 1202. with the fall of Dublin, The coalition sued for peace and agreed to the annexation of the duchy of Dublin to south ireland and a payment of 900 ducats from the Duchy of Tyrone. The victory caused a month long celbration within South ireland as the population was elated following the victory. With 3/5's of the contry under control, a age of peace began in South ireland which let art and culture florish within her borders. South Ireland became a home for many jews as it was a place for them to escape the persicution that they faced in many other places. This age of peace ended in 1228 when george died and his son Art took to the throne. Art immediately launched a campaign to take connaught which was intianlly succesfull until Tyrone joined the war. The invasion of Meath was unexpected and caught the garrisons off guard resulting the loss of northern Meath within a month. Art refused to send a army until he finished his takeover of connaught.

This led to the siege of Dublin lasting 8 months while Art finshed his campaign. Dublin fell 2 weeks before the surrender of Connaught and her annextation into the kingdom of South Ireland. Art then lead a army of 5000 to take back dublin and the rest of meath but the damage was already done. Back in Leinster, dissent was spreading among the people who wanted Stephan II, The brother of art, to take the throne as he cared more about the people than Art. A peace treaty was signed in 1230 giving up northern connaught and northern meath to tyrone in exchange for peace. Art returned home, not as a hero but a hated man who was booed in the streets by the people. His reign continued into july before a revolt took place. the revolters wanted to put Stephan II on the throne and after 4 years of fighting, were able to win and put the 30 year old Stephan on the throne. Stephan II quickly set to work lower taxes that Art had put in place to finace the war and his losses from it. he was beloved by the people and started another age of peace which lasted unil his death. The greatest moment of his reign was in 1256 when he was able to make a royal marriage between South ireland and Tyrone which consisted of his eldest son and the duke of Tyrone's eldest daughter. In 1264, tragedy befell tyrone when the last male son lost his life to consumption putting the wife of Stephan III (Stephan II's eldest son) as the heir to the throne. She would take control in 1266 when both her father and Stephan II died. This united Ulster and South ireland into one creating the Kingdom of Ireland.

With ireland finally united, it was merely a matter of keeping any reviolts down instead of fighting wars with other countries. Ireland was stable for many years fighting several wars against the scotish to keep control of Ireland and curb their power on the mainland. England was too occupied with france to be threat to ireland and was not paid attention to as much. with the coranation of Henry II in 1311, the navy was in of a sorry state but began to be repaired and expanded by henry. By Stephan VII, who was crowned in 1492 and is the current king, The navy was a power to be reckoned with ready to protect ireland from all outside threats. With the news of the New World, the navy weould be a key part in making sure Ireland had a share of it's riches.
Goals for RP (Optional): to expand into the new world and keep both scotland and england in check
RP example:orginal antiquity rises rampant
Last edited by Paketo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Paketo wrote:Choice of country: ireland
History of country: In 1168, Stephan Camp came into power in Leinster after a brief civil war. It was Irish-germanic Camps vs 4 other noble family factions that rose up after the sudden death of the duke with no heir. The Camps were eventually able to defeat the other factions and take the duchy of leinster as their own in 1168. Stephan immeditaly began to improve the infrastructure (castles, towns, ports) all around Leinster which drained the coffers of the duchy. Stephan seeing his fortune drain as he built up Leinster, launched a war to the south to try and take the riches of the petty kingdoms in munster. after several wars, Munster was fully under the control of Leinster in the year 1189. The wars had stabilzed the riches of the duchy but at the ripe age of 60, Stephan could not launch anymore due to his health. Stephan finally passed into the realm of our lord in the year 1200 with nothing of note happening. His son, George then took the rule of the country and made his first act declaring the Country to be the Kingdom of South Ireland. WIP
Goals for RP (Optional): to expand into the new world and keep both scotland and england in check
RP example:orginal antiquity rises rampant

just puting what i have so far up

Accepted.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Paketo wrote:Irish-germanic Camps

Curious about what you mean with that.....

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Oh, I missed that. So do I.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:05 pm

as heritage, as in the family is from both ireland and germany in heritage
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Paketo wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Curious about what you mean with that.....

Yeah, I thought so. Looks like someone got a new ally in the isles :P
And damn we need more players.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Paketo wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Curious about what you mean with that.....

A family from german heritage......
*gears start clicking* hmm.......

DrakoLand wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yeah, I thought so. Looks like someone got a new ally in the isles :P
And damn we need more players.

Possible. Could indeed be possible.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse