NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 1.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:
Caltarania wrote:Seems like those idiots in the New World think they can bring down the Dutch Republic.

So I guess I'll have to call in all my allies.

And possibly the rest of Europe.

Could people update me on everything else?

EDIT: Also, have you officially declared war yet or no?

Would you like to be friends with Charcas?

Depends. Would you aid us in our war with the Confederates/North-Eastern Americans?

If so, we will send you all our clogs and windmills!

Aldelxane wrote:
Caltarania wrote:
-cracks knuckles-

Well then, I'll start rallying my troops and allies.

By the way, nothing personal.

Everything personal.

Don't appreciate people making me RP while I'm trying to enjoy youtube videos >.>
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:55 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:My application is finished: viewtopic.php?p=18172045#p18172045

Sorry for not adding much information in the History section. I didn't want to keep the application on hold for too long.

To make my claims more clear, I colored in the map of what my country would look like: http://imageshack.com/scaled/medium/36/6i.png

-The grey zones are supposed to be part of the Gran Colombia, but if they are taken by another player, I am fine with it.
-The Galapagos Islands are also part of my territories. I could change the color for something darker in order to make everything more visible.
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Aldelxane wrote:
Baja California y Sonora wrote:Would you like to be friends with Charcas?

Would you like to be friends with the Northeast?

Hey man, I'll take anything, I can get. Send me a letter. :hug:

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Aldelxane wrote:Would you like to be friends with the Northeast?

Hey man, I'll take anything, I can get. Send me a letter. :hug:

On the IC? And what is the equivalent of friends within the RP? Alliance? If so, that would bring you into the larger alliance with the CSA and Chicago, so mine is actually a more attractive offer than that of the Dutch. Mexico decided not to attack with us at the last minute, so I'm not really as friendly with him anymore.
Last edited by Aldelxane on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Caltarania wrote:

Depends. Would you aid us in our war with the Confederates/North-Eastern Americans?

Aldelxane wrote:By the way, nothing personal.

Everything personal.

Don't appreciate people making me RP while I'm trying to enjoy youtube videos >.>

Oh also: You should know that I annexed the part of Pennsylvania that you don't own. (Most of it)

The Nation of Hay
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Hay » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm

So, I'll probably decree emancipation for the Africans and the debt-slaves soon. I think I'll have my current ruler be known as an extreme liberal in the annals of history.

Caesar Vito, the Liberal.
sig rework in progress

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:05 pm

The Nation of Hay wrote:So, I'll probably decree emancipation for the Africans and the debt-slaves soon. I think I'll have my current ruler be known as an extreme liberal in the annals of history.

What country are you?
2014 RP - Colombia
1913 RP - Great Britain

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:06 pm

The Nation of Hay wrote:So, I'll probably decree emancipation for the Africans and the debt-slaves soon. I think I'll have my current ruler be known as an extreme liberal in the annals of history.

Hey, Hay? (Pun intended) Are you going to support NSA/CSA/CU (Northeast, Confederates, Chicago) Alliance or the Dutch and Co. in the upcoming war?
Last edited by Aldelxane on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:07 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:

What country are you?

He is Italy.

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Aldelxane wrote:
Baja California y Sonora wrote:Hey man, I'll take anything, I can get. Send me a letter. :hug:

On the IC? And what is the equivalent of friends within the RP? Alliance? If so, that would bring you into the larger alliance with the CSA and Chicago, so mine is actually a more attractive offer than that of the Dutch. Mexico decided not to attack with us at the last minute, so I'm not really as friendly with him anymore.

Most likely trading partner due to your alliance with Mexico.

Caltarania wrote:

It largely depends on the future actions of the NSA and the Dutch. Plus i'm looking more for trade, rather than clogs :p

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Aldelxane wrote:On the IC? And what is the equivalent of friends within the RP? Alliance? If so, that would bring you into the larger alliance with the CSA and Chicago, so mine is actually a more attractive offer than that of the Dutch. Mexico decided not to attack with us at the last minute, so I'm not really as friendly with him anymore.

Most likely trading partner due to your alliance with Mexico.

Caltarania wrote:

It largely depends on the future actions of the NSA and the Dutch. Plus i'm looking more for trade, rather than clogs :p

I'm not sure how things stand with Mexico. I'm still a bit angry that they refused to make war on the Dutch. Anyhow, a trade agreement sounds good!

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Nation Name: Udin Caliphate
Symbols: Crescent and Star
Population: 40 million
Location/Claims: The territory in central Africa between the Iberian Republic, Scandinavian Empire, and the Dutch Republic (Terribly sorry I didn't do a map, my computer isn't cooperating with me).
Capital City: Kinshasa
Government Type: Caliphate
Ideology: Fundamentalism
Leader/s: Caliph Ibrahim ibn Omar al-Salah Udin
Economy: Main exports are rubber, textiles, pelts, lumber and jewels. Main imports are metals, manufactured goods and armaments. There is free trade with nations controlled by dhimmis (People of the Book/Jews, Christians and Muslims), while tariffs are placed on non-dhimmi nations.
Infrastructure: Due to several short-sighted policies of the previous ruler, roads are dangerous and in disrepair, however, Caliph Ibrahim is busy restoring them. There are few railways, though a single large one runs north to south, splitting the nation in two.
Army: Standing army of 200,000 (.05%), however, in times of war, an army as large as 1,200,000 (3%) can be risen. The army is divided into two different sectors: Mujahideen, the religious element and the regular, secular army.
Navy: The Caliphate is landlocked and possesses no navy.
Goals: Teaching the word and message of the Prophet Mohammad to the peoples around us, by word or sword.
Technology: The Caliphate is slightly behind most European countries due to isolationist policies of Caliph Omar. Caliph Ibrahim has opened up more to the world.
History: Centuries in the past, missionaries from the Ummayad Caliphate traveled south to the Congo preaching the message of Islam to the peoples. Most of their audience converted. When the Belgians came, a great war was fought and in the end, the Belgians were no match for the fanatical Mujahideen defending their home. The leader of the Mujahideen, a man named Mehmed ibn Masoud al-Haqqani was named Caliph of the Congo by the elders of the tribes. The Haqqani dynasty began in the Congo. Due to the value of rubber, the economy blossomed and as the Caliphate grew, as did the egos of the Haqqanis. The Caliphate grew more authoritarian as the years went on. Eventually, a man by the name of Hamud ibn Kalari al-Udin spoke out against the Haqqanis and began travelling the country, raising the commonfolk into a professional army. The Great Jungle War commenced as Udin's army fought against the Haqqanis' Mujahideen. Ultimately, the Haqqanis were defeated and the survivors of their family fled north, away from the Congo and history. The Udin Dynasty took the helm of the Caliphate. Their reign was a peaceful one, until Omar ibn Salah al-Udin came to power. He neglected the nation and allowed the Caliphate to fall to ruin. He was poisoned by an adviser at a meal and his son Ibrahim came to power in 1900. Thus begins this RP.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=220442&hilit=1202
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Aldelxane wrote:
Baja California y Sonora wrote:Most likely trading partner due to your alliance with Mexico.

I'm not sure how things stand with Mexico. I'm still a bit angry that they refused to make war on the Dutch. Anyhow, a trade agreement sounds good!

Okay send me a letter!

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Aldelxane wrote:
Baja California y Sonora wrote:Most likely trading partner due to your alliance with Mexico.

Mexico refused to make war? That's so nice.

I'll send them tulips, clogs and windmills immediately.

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Caltarania wrote:
Aldelxane wrote:I'm not sure how things stand with Mexico. I'm still a bit angry that they refused to make war on the Dutch. Anyhow, a trade agreement sounds good!

Mexico refused to make war? That's so nice.

I'll send them tulips, clogs and windmills immediately.

My Ironclads and soldiers near the canal have reach Albany, and are making demands of the townsfolk. Your move.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Aldelxane wrote:
What country are you?

He is Italy.

Oh. Italy had slaves at that time?
2014 RP - Colombia
1913 RP - Great Britain

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Pavlostani wrote:Nation Name: Udin Caliphate
Symbols: Crescent and Star
Population: 40 million
Location/Claims: The territory in central Africa between the Iberian Republic, Scandinavian Empire, and the Dutch Republic (Terribly sorry I didn't do a map, my computer isn't cooperating with me).
Capital City: Kinshasa
Government Type: Caliphate
Ideology: Fundamentalism
Leader/s: Caliph Ibrahim ibn Omar al-Salah Udin
Economy: Main exports are rubber, textiles, pelts, lumber and jewels. Main imports are metals, manufactured goods and armaments. There is free trade with nations controlled by dhimmis (People of the Book/Jews, Christians and Muslims), while tariffs are placed on non-dhimmi nations.
Infrastructure: Due to several short-sighted policies of the previous ruler, roads are dangerous and in disrepair, however, Caliph Ibrahim is busy restoring them. There are few railways, though a single large one runs north to south, splitting the nation in two.
Army: Standing army of 200,000 (.05%), however, in times of war, an army as large as 1,200,000 (3%) can be risen. The army is divided into two different sectors: Mujahideen, the religious element and the regular, secular army.
Navy: The Caliphate is landlocked and possesses no navy.
Goals: Teaching the word and message of the Prophet Mohammad to the peoples around us, by word or sword.
Technology: The Caliphate is slightly behind most European countries due to isolationist policies of Caliph Omar. Caliph Ibrahim has opened up more to the world.
History: Centuries in the past, missionaries from the Ummayad Caliphate traveled south to the Congo preaching the message of Islam to the peoples. Most of their audience converted. When the Dutch came, a great war was fought and in the end, the Dutch were no match for the fanatical Mujahideen defending their home. The leader of the Mujahideen, a man named Mehmed ibn Masoud al-Haqqani was named Caliph of the Congo by the elders of the tribes. The Haqqani dynasty began in the Congo. Due to the value of rubber, the economy blossomed and as the Caliphate grew, as did the egos of the Haqqanis. The Caliphate grew more authoritarian as the years went on. Eventually, a man by the name of Hamud ibn Kalari al-Udin spoke out against the Haqqanis and began travelling the country, raising the commonfolk into a professional army. The Great Jungle War commenced as Udin's army fought against the Haqqanis' Mujahideen. Ultimately, the Haqqanis were defeated and the survivors of their family fled north, away from the Congo and history. The Udin Dynasty took the helm of the Caliphate. Their reign was a peaceful one, until Omar ibn Salah al-Udin came to power. He neglected the nation and allowed the Caliphate to fall to ruin. He was poisoned by an adviser at a meal and his son Ibrahim came to power in 1900. Thus begins this RP.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=220442&hilit=1202

Allies, if you get accepted? Inesea, and Paketo and I are making war on the Dutch.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:17 pm

FYI, Albany isn't called Albany. It's called Nieuw Utrecht.

And jesus, I'm working on a really long fucking post and then you post a one paragraph one -.-

-sigh-

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Aldelxane wrote:He is Italy.

Oh. Italy had slaves at that time?

Apparently so, in this AH.

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Caltarania wrote:FYI, Albany isn't called Albany. It's called Nieuw Utrecht.

And jesus, I'm working on a really long fucking post and then you post a one paragraph one -.-

-sigh-

Ok, thanks. For the record, I will assume everything has it's present day name unless you tell me otherwise.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Aldelxane wrote:

-sigh-

Ok, thanks. For the record, I will assume everything has it's present day name unless you tell me otherwise.

I'll make a list.

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:19 pm

-sigh-

It's a follow up to an earlier 2 paragraph post. They would have been 1, but I was giving you time to respond.

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Caltarania wrote:
Aldelxane wrote:Ok, thanks. For the record, I will assume everything has it's present day name unless you tell me otherwise.

I'll make a list.

Thank you. :)

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Aldelxane wrote:
Caltarania wrote:
I'll make a list.

Thank you. :)

Wait. How is there Ironclads at Nieuw Utrecht. It isn't on the coast.

O.O

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Caltarania wrote:
Aldelxane wrote:Thank you. :)

Wait. How is there Ironclads at Nieuw Utrecht. It isn't on the coast.

O.O

Erie Canal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erie_Canal
Most people in the area wanted it, and it would have been used for trade before the war. That's the reason it's Ironclads. I couldn't send pre-dreadnought battleships up the Erie Canal. Therefore, old Monitor class Ironclads with a shallow draught.
(10 feet, as opposed to the 15 feet which was decided upon for the AH Canal. Just roll with it, a lot of planning and posting all around revolves around there being an Erie Canal in the AH)
Last edited by Aldelxane on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse