NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 1.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

New Imperialism - AH RP v 1.1 [OOC, Signup]

Postby Alleniana » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:49 pm

New Imperialism - 1900 AH RP

Please note, this post is under renovation. Mind the potholes.
Badly Done Intro
In real life, the 1900s were the height of imperialism; massive empires spanning Europe dominated the world, while in other places, similar structures existed, like Japan, while even the large powers that weren't empires were often recently so, like Brazil, China, France and even Mexico, to an extent. The British Empire reached its height in this time, while pan-Germanism was, in a way, finally recognised with the German Empire, and even France as a republic was an imperialistic power. It was a time of empire, and though it ended with the First World War IRL, here, it doesn't have to be so.

You will control a country in this dangerous, militaristic world, just emerging into the times of mechanized warfare. Most of the nations will be particularly large empires, but you don't have to be if you want. Your goal (ICly at least) will be to promote your people and nation's power, to project your strength, to rule over your dominion like a leader befitting your age. The countries can be as AH as you like, but they must have a basis IRL, and be realistic; Sioux Indians can't have invented cannons, a Siberian empire can't have gone communist and gone to the moon, an Aztec analogue can't have sprung up in Kazakhstan, etc. As long as it's roughly within historical and realistic bounds, and not too large, it will be allowed. Due to the large empires and fragile period of time history, this will be a fairly difficult RP to navigate, so if you are new, not to be unfriendly, it is recommended you learn RPing elsewhere, or you can TG me.
Scroll down to Applications to see new joining protocol

Rules:
1. Obey NS rules
2. Obey OP/OP-appointed as per their role
3. No metagame/godmod/numberspam/other bad RPing
4. A couple of paragraphs a post please, and good grammar & spelling
5. Exercise common sense
6. Be active every couple of days at least
7. ERROR_404

Applications:
Due to virtually non-existent open space on the map, the RP is semi-open, or semi-closed. Elaboration on this is that if you wish to join, you must either claim a former player nation (an NPC, and marked as such in the roster), play a rebel group, or TG me about anything else you might want to be (company, small country in some forgotten snippet of land, etc.) I will be very open to suggestions, but essentially, if you wish to join, the main options will be negotiating it with me or a co-op, or taking up an NPC.

App:
Code: Select all
Nation Name:
Symbols:
Population:
Location/Claims:
Capital City:
Government Type:
Ideology:
Leader/s:
Economy:
Infrastructure:
Army:
Navy:
Goals:
History:
RP Sample:

Explanation of App:
Nation Name: Self explanatory, but please add title; e.g. Republic of X, or X Empire, etc.
Symbols: Flags, national animals, national colors, flora/fauna/bird(?) emblems, coats of arms, whatever
Population: Self explanatory. Use http://populstat.info/ to help estimate; some variation is allowed
Location/Claims: Please provide extremely detailed explanation or map; latter preferred
Capital City: Obvious. Please provide location and some details if not RL city
Government Type: What government type you have; provide more detail than just "democracy", and explain if it's not an RL type
Ideology: So, feminism? Egalitarianism? Environmentalism? What does your government/the people believe in and work for?
Leader/s: Head of State/s, Head of Government/s, the people at the top, basically
Economy: Main exports, imports, mercantilisim vs free trade, tariffs/duties, customs strictness, currency, embargoes, strength, etc.
Infrastructure: Roads, government buildings, forts, railways, factories, etc.
Army: Numbers, and a rough description of the hierarchy/armaments/tech, etc.
Navy: Same as army, but adjusted; what type of hip is necessary to be said
Technology: Technological level, approximately; describe in whatever way you can, use contemporaries as reference points
Goals: What are the goals of your government and/or people? Irredentism; reconquest of land? Converting minorities, maybe?
History: Doesn't have to be too in depth; just a rough outline of why you exist the way you do
RP Sample: If you can't find a thread, write something up; if I know you, then meh
429 - I can search this and find apps

Map & Roster: Roster is updated, 1904 map is not
Map of World in 1900: http://i.imgur.com/G6bocSA.png
Map of World now (1904) http://i.imgur.com/aDHadKC.png (outdated though)
EUROPE
Royal Blue - Second French Republic - Kryskov
Royal Red - Italian Empire - The Nation of Hay
Orange - United Provinces of the Dutch Republic - Caltarania
Khaki - First Iberian Republic - Vredlandia
Forest Green - Russian Empire - Marsisian
Turquoise - Kingdom of Romania - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Pale Red - Kingdom of Denmark - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Crimson - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland - Altito Asmoro
Navy Blue - German Empire - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
NORTH AMERICA
Saffron - Confederate States of America - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Pea Green - Mexican Empire - Emilio Aguinaldo
Chocolate - Chicago - The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Dark Peach - Northeastern States of America - Aldelxane
Dark Turquoise - Pacific Republic - Saragrossa
Not updated yet - Trans-Midwestern Confederation - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
SOUTH AMERICA
Bright Turquoise - Kingdom of Colombia-Peru - The Grand Republic of Hannover
Psychedelic Green - Kingdom of Charcas - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Dull Violet - Argentina - Savedland
Deep Purple - Second Republic of Brazil - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Light Chocolate - Chile - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
ASIA
Pale Tan - Ming China - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Red Coral - Japanese Empire - Bujahla
Light Grey - Mughal Empire - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Lighter Grey - Siam - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Dusty Gold - Kingdom of New Assyria - The imperial canadian dutchy
AFRICA
Dark Grey - Ethiopia - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
OTHER
Sky Blue - Commonwealth of Australie - NPC, OPEN TO CLAIMING
Black (no territories on map marked so yet, though) - Black Diamond - Pavlostani
Rainbow - The Spirit of Chaos - Alleniana

Announcements & other Info:
Time passes at the rate of 3 months a page, meaning each page is a season, and 4 are a year.
I will post "random events" whenever dafuq I want which will have random events, obviously, that affect the world. They will announce themselves as random events via an italicized header. Look out for them.
Member of Historical RP Group: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=262570

IC:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=277021
WAR THREAD:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=279032
Last edited by Alleniana on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 60 times in total.

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Map link's broken.

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Also, huge congratz on 20,000 posts!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:00 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:Also, huge congratz on 20,000 posts!

oh wow, I was thinking about that all day and missed it XD

Al-Ahkri
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ahkri » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:01 am

I request the right to reserve the German empire until after Christmas when I have time to actually fill out e form
We do not negotiate or tolerate terrorists
Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it
Role Play Population: 500,000,000

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:02 am

Al-Ahkri wrote:I request the right to reserve the German empire until after Christmas when I have time to actually fill out e form

1913 European German Empire?

Al-Ahkri
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ahkri » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:05 am

Alleniana wrote:
Al-Ahkri wrote:I request the right to reserve the German empire until after Christmas when I have time to actually fill out e form

1913 European German Empire?

Ja
We do not negotiate or tolerate terrorists
Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it
Role Play Population: 500,000,000

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:06 am

Occ, nice and I get the fancy color saffron
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:25 am

Nation Name: Confederate states of America
Symbols: seal, pelican, Eagle, flag
Population: around 24,000,000
Location/Claims: Already marked on map
Capital City: Raleigh, North Carolina
Government Type: Confederacy (loose confederation of states untied by a central government)
Ideology: slavery, freedom, rights etc for all other races
Leader/s: president George Washington Custis Lee
Economy: primarily based on agriculture but the system is free market capitalism
currency: Confederate dollar
Infrastructure: depends on the region, the economy is based on agriculture which is very rural but there are many urban cities
Army: a army of roughly 270,000 personal armed with modern weaponry such as a confederate ripoff of the Mauser rifle, the Richmond rifle.
Navy: the navy took a backseat in minds of most people making not have the best funding. It is roughly around 60,000 men with 5 cruisers holding the pride of the fleet. The rest of the near 40 ships are steam transports and ironclads. Several pre-dreadnought are in planning though.
Goals: to colonize Africa and to bring itself to be a world power in the eyes of everyone
History:
In 1865, General Johnston lead a surprise attack on the army of Sherman giving Sherman a crushing defeat and forcing his army to retreat. The army of Johnston pursued Sherman and totally destroyed his army at the battle of Cow pens. The army quickly was able to liberate South Carolina. The US fearing that the victory scored by Johnston who had now circled the siege of Petersburg could sway European powers to the side of CSA. The US tried for a white peace in the spring of 1866 which was promptly accepted by the CSA wishing to end the war. The war had taken a toll on most on southern farms. A massive project by the government began to try and revitalize the economy before a European power tried to take it out. It was a major shock to France and Great Britain when the Confederacy put a embargo on them for not supporting the, in the war. The Confederacy instead traded to Italy and German states which proved to post the economy. By 1880, the Confederacy had fully recovered from the war and was in a virtual Cold War against the US. The war never came but a war with Spain did. The Cruiser CSN Lee was destroyed in Havana harbor in 1886 after it was sent to protect confederate citizens there. The confederate government was just waiting for a chance like this to take Cuba. War was declared on the Spanish government in response to the destruction of the cruiser. Confederate troops had started to storm Cuba which was badly defended by the Spanish who were dealing with rebels in Cuba. The war lasted till 1888 when the treaty of Havana was signed. Cuba became part of the CSA, Puerto Rico became a independent country but was basically a confederate puppet and the Philippines became independent. The war had shown a weakness in the Confederate navy when the 1st was almost destroyed by a much smaller Spanish fleet in Manila bay. This is what lead to the planning of new dreadnoughts. The years until 1900 were a period of stability. No major revolts or wars took place and the government tried to increase the number of modern factories in the CSA

RP Sample: do you really need it
Last edited by Paketo on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The Nation of Hay
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Hay » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:30 am

tag / reserve Italy please :)
sig rework in progress

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:43 am

Reserving the Russian Empire.
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:44 am

Paketo wrote:Nation Name: Confederate states of America
Population: around 37,000,000
Government Type: Confederacy
Economy: primarily based on agriculture but the system is free market capitalism
Infrastructure: depends on the region, the economy is based on agriculture which is very rural but there are many urban cities
Army: a army of roughly 800,000 personal armed with modern weaponry such as a confederate ripoff of the Mauser rifle, the Richmond rifle.
Navy: the navy took a backseat in minds of most people making not have the best funding. It is roughly around 70,000 men with 5 cruisers holding the pride of the fleet. The rest of the near 60 ships are steam transports and ironclads. Several dreadnought a are in planning though.
Goals: to colonize Africa and to bring itself to be a world power in the eyes of everyone
History: (WIP)

Wikipedia gives a pop of about 9 mil in 1860 or so, so lower pop, army should be lowered to reflect that, and smaller fleet too, and a bit more detail than confederacy, but apart from that, fine.
The Nation of Hay wrote:tag / reserve Italy please :)

Sure :)
Marsisian wrote:Reserving the Russian Empire.

Sure as well, though Chinese Manchurian/Mongolian claims will have to take precedent
Last edited by Alleniana on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:46 am

Alleniana wrote:
Paketo wrote:Nation Name: Confederate states of America
Population: around 37,000,000
Government Type: Confederacy
Army: a army of roughly 800,000 personal armed with modern weaponry such as a confederate ripoff of the Mauser rifle, the Richmond rifle.
Navy: the navy took a backseat in minds of most people making not have the best funding. It is roughly around 70,000 men with 5 cruisers holding the pride of the fleet. The rest of the near 60 ships are steam transports and ironclads. Several dreadnought a are in planning though.
History: (WIP)

Wikipedia gives a pop of about 9 mil in 1860 or so, so lower pop, army should be lowered to reflect that, and smaller fleet too, and a bit more detail than confederacy, but apart from that, fine.
The Nation of Hay wrote:tag / reserve Italy please :)

Marsisian wrote:Reserving the Russian Empire.

Sure as well, though Chinese Manchurian/Mongolian claims will have to take precedent

That basically means I'm claiming Manchuria and Mongolia?
Last edited by Marsisian on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:47 am

Edited, tell me if you want it lower.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 am

Marsisian wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Wikipedia gives a pop of about 9 mil in 1860 or so, so lower pop, army should be lowered to reflect that, and smaller fleet too, and a bit more detail than confederacy, but apart from that, fine.

That means I'm claiming Manchuria and Mongolia?

It depends on what incarnation of the Russian Empire, and I assumed your borders wouldn't be the exact same as the Russian Empire, being AH.

Kharkol
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kharkol » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:54 am

Nation Name: Sweden
Symbols: Deer Crown Sword
Population: 15,000
Location/Claims: Sweden and Norway
Capital City: Stockholm
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Ideology: Imperial Empire
Leader/s: Mattias XVI
Economy: Alot of factories Embargo on Russian Empire
Infrastructure: Forts along the borders of Russia dirt roads
Army: 5,000 Dated Bolt action rifles
Navy: 2,000 Clipper transports
Goals: More population and conquest of Finland
History: Sweden was in anarchy after Karl V died Mattias XVI came into power brutally
RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=276451

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:58 am

Kharkol wrote:Nation Name: Sweden
History: Sweden was in anarchy after Karl V died Mattias XVI came into power brutally

Way too small a pop, bolt action rifles are not dated at this point at all, and no nation has 2000 ships
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Kharkol
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kharkol » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:02 am

Paketo wrote:
Kharkol wrote:Nation Name: Sweden

Way too small a pop, bolt action rifles are not dated at this point at all, and no nation has 2000 ships

325 ships and 100,000 pop bolt action is the Swedish mauser (google it) cause of increased pop army is now 10,00

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:06 am

Nation name: The Russian Empire
Symbols: Image Flag, Image Coat of Arms, I could not find the national animal.
Population: 128,000,000
Location/Claims: All territory of the RE in 1900
Capital: Moscow
Government type: Absolute Monarchy, Constitutional Monarchy beginning in 1906
Ideology: Social classes, and equality for the peasants
Leader: Nicholas II
Economy: Heavily agrarian, with some mining and heavy industry aspects of it too. The West of Russia was not surprisingly more industrialized than the East.
Infrastructure: Railways and Seaports, but few of them. Russia was not that industrialized.
Army: A force of about 1,162,000 armed with Mosin-Nagant rifles, and the cavalry, the Cossacks. They were not very well-trained, and they had only dugouts and shacks, no permanent barracks for the army.
Navy: 15 ships, some of which are Navarin, Tri Sviatitelia, Sissoi Veliky, Petropavlosk, Rotislav, and Peresvet.
Goals: To expand influence in Europe and Asia.
History: In 1894, Alexander III was succeeded by his son, Nicholas II, who committed to retaining the autocracy that his father had left him. The Industrial Revolution began to take effect in the Russian Empire. The Liberals among industrial capitalists and nobility believed in peaceful social reform and a constitutional monarchy, forming the Constitutional Democrats, or Kadets. The Socialist Revolutionaries incorporated the Narodnik tradition and advocated the distribution of land among those who actually worked it, the peasants. Another radical group was the Social Democrats, exponents of Marxism in Russia. The SDs differed from the SD in that they believed a revolution must rely on urban workers, not the peasantry. In 1900, the system was the same.
RP sample: Paketo knows me
Last edited by Marsisian on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 am

Swedish pop was several million at this point at least, but bolt-locks are the main, even almost exclusive type of small arm

Marsisian wrote:Nation name: The Russian Empire
Symbols: (Image) Flag, (Image) Coat of Arms, I could not find the national animal.
Population: Will be researched on and added later
Location/Claims: All territory of the RE in 1900
Capital: Moscow
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
Ideology: Will be researched on
Leader: Nicholas II
Economy: Add later
Infrastructure: Railways and Seaports
Army: A force of about 1,162,000
Navy: 15 ships?
Goals: To expand influence in Europe and Asia
History: Add late
RP sample: Paketo knows me
429:

That's a bit... uncreative

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:15 am

Kharkol wrote:
Paketo wrote:

325 ships and 100,000 pop bolt action is the Swedish mauser (google it) cause of increased pop army is now 10,00

the pop of sweden in 1900 was over 5 million not 15000 , the swedish mauser was only made 5 years before so it is not dated as i said and your navy should still be way lower
Last edited by Paketo on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse