NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (War OOC, Closed, Great rps are forged in fire)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Norvenia
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 am

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Which is also Obama's options. So not fair to be pissed at him for it.

Not really. He's got much more political power than the EU right now, and even then, he should at least weigh on the issue in some way or another.

He has.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:30 am

Norvenia wrote:
Agritum wrote:Not really. He's got much more political power than the EU right now, and even then, he should at least weigh on the issue in some way or another.

He has.

It reminds me too much of his "red line" on Syria, unfortunately.

Norvenia
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:30 am

Agritum wrote:
Norvenia wrote:
He has.

It reminds me too much of his "red line" on Syria, unfortunately.

I agree. But it's better than nothing.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:10 am

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Which is also Obama's options. So not fair to be pissed at him for it.

Not really. He's got much more political power than the EU right now, and even then, he should at least weigh on the issue in some way or another.

We're not going to war over this; there's absolutely no fucking way the President would be that stupid.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Agritum wrote:Not really. He's got much more political power than the EU right now, and even then, he should at least weigh on the issue in some way or another.

We're not going to war over this; there's absolutely no fucking way the President would be that stupid.

I'm not saying that. Rather, Obama could have issued much fiercer rethoric against Russia and their invasion of Ukraine, along with an actual, serious condemnation. Heck, Putin himself did the former when speaking of the EU and US.
Last edited by Agritum on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:19 am

Agritum wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:We're not going to war over this; there's absolutely no fucking way the President would be that stupid.

I'm not saying that. Rather, Obama could have issued much fiercer rethoric against Russia and their invasion of Ukraine, along with an actual, serious condemnation. Heck, Putin himself did the former when speaking of the EU and US.

Putin would do the former if Obama's dog pissed on his carpet.

But enough about Joe Biden.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:20 am

The ending of Twitch Plays Pokemon was oddly poetic.

Red is finally free of the voices.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:21 am

This concerns me; Yanukovych is not only a petty son-of-a-bitch, but a competent media manipulator.

Agritum wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:We're not going to war over this; there's absolutely no fucking way the President would be that stupid.

And then what? What does the accomplish? OK, so we're very not happy with Putin? We don't like him very much right now. Bad Putin! Bad! Go in the corner!

But we can't do anything. We could cut economic ties, sure; but does that really slow Putin down? And do we really value Crimea (though I don't see him stopping there) that much?

The fact of the matter is that that slimy bastard wedged himself into a corner where we can't catch hm, a place where we would only harm ourselves far too much. And it's not the President's fault, it's an unfortunate quirk of foreign policy.

Goodbye.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:22 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:This concerns me; Yanukovych is not only a petty son-of-a-bitch, but a competent media manipulator.

Agritum wrote:I'm not saying that. Rather, Obama could have issued much fiercer rethoric against Russia and their invasion of Ukraine, along with an actual, serious condemnation. Heck, Putin himself did the former when speaking of the EU and US.

And then what? What does the accomplish? OK, so we're very not happy with Putin? We don't like him very much right now. Bad Putin! Bad! Go in the corner!

But we can't do anything. We could cut economic ties, sure; but does that really slow Putin down? And do we really value Crimea (though I don't see him stopping there) that much?

The fact of the matter is that that slimy bastard wedged himself into a corner where we can't catch hm, a place where we would only harm ourselves far too much. And it's not the President's fault, it's an unfortunate quirk of foreign policy.

But by doing nothing, the US just confirms that it's slowly becoming Russia's bitch on foreign policy. And that's quite a bad thing, given that it will just give Russia more momentum and motivation to continue destabilizing Europe and Asia for their own gains.
Last edited by Agritum on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:23 am

Agritum wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:This concerns me; Yanukovych is not only a petty son-of-a-bitch, but a competent media manipulator.

But by doing nothing, the US just confirms that it's slowly becoming Russia's bitch on foreign policy.

Who gives a shit?

Is that our priority? Looking big and powerful? Because the fact of the matter is, we could - if we really wanted to - wipe Russia from the face of the fucking planet all by ourselves. But why would we?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:25 am

Agritum wrote:But by doing nothing, the US just confirms that it's slowly becoming Russia's bitch on foreign policy.

Who gives a shit?

Is that our priority? Looking big and powerful? Because the fact of the matter is, we could - if we really wanted to - wipe Russia from the face of the fucking planet all by ourselves. But why would we?

Dick jokes.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:25 am

Wow. I had a really strage and depressing dream, yet I think it would make an incredible story if I could remember the details well enoigh.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:27 am

Agritum wrote:But by doing nothing, the US just confirms that it's slowly becoming Russia's bitch on foreign policy.

Who gives a shit?

Because looking big and powerful sends a big fucking message to the Russians, namely "Don't do stupid shit or we'll come crashing into you with our political capital". Right now, Russia is taking advantage of said message not happening, and the Ukrainian Crisis and coming invasion of Crimea are its results.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:29 am

Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:29 am

Olthar wrote:Wow. I had a really strage and depressing dream, yet I think it would make an incredible story if I could remember the details well enoigh.

Hmm?

Agritum wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Who gives a shit?

Because looking big and powerful sends a big fucking message to the Russians, namely "Don't do stupid shit or we'll come crashing into you with our political capital". Right now, Russia is taking advantage of said message not happening, and the Ukrainian Crisis and coming invasion of Crimea are its results.

Putin knows exactly what we could do. He also knows, no matter how much we bitch, we aren't going to spark "WWIII" over Ukraine.

Goodbye.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:30 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

It was a long and great saga, truly.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:31 am

Agritum wrote:

It was a long and great saga, truly.

I loved it.

I wonder what they'll do in Generation II.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 am

Agritum wrote:It was a long and great saga, truly.

I loved it.

Do stupid shit with bikes.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 am

Agritum wrote:It was a long and great saga, truly.

I loved it.

I doubt anyone will play it, frankly.

Goodbye.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:33 am

Agritum wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Who gives a shit?

Honestly?

Why's it our problem, why's it our issue, and why's it our fight?
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:35 am

Astrolinium wrote:
Agritum wrote:Because looking big and powerful sends a big fucking message to the Russians, namely "Don't do stupid shit or we'll come crashing into you with our political capital". Right now, Russia is taking advantage of said message not happening, and the Ukrainian Crisis and coming invasion of Crimea are its results.

Honestly?

Seriously, guys, this kind attitude will only bring to your downfall as a superpower.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:36 am

Agritum wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:
Honestly?

Seriously, guys, this kind attitude will only bring to your downfall as a superpower.

I really, sincerely doubt it.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:36 am

Agritum wrote:Seriously, guys, this kind attitude will only bring to your downfall as a superpower.

I really, sincerely doubt it.

I have some pretty nice TGs by Cani on the matter, if you are interested.
Last edited by Agritum on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:37 am

Astrolinium wrote:
Agritum wrote:Because looking big and powerful sends a big fucking message to the Russians, namely "Don't do stupid shit or we'll come crashing into you with our political capital". Right now, Russia is taking advantage of said message not happening, and the Ukrainian Crisis and coming invasion of Crimea are its results.

Honestly?

Because when shit goes wrong, most people look to us to fix it.

Which is bullshit; we as a nation cannot afford to be a paragon. It's a romantic ideal, sure, but we have our own interests we need to consider - not out of selfishness, but for concern for our people.

One of those interests is not breaking our foot in the process of kicking Russia's skull in.

Agritum wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:
Honestly?

And?

If this is the cost of being a "superpower", maybe we can skip the fancy title and just be a goddamn country?

Goodbye.

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:38 am

Olthar wrote:Wow. I had a really strage and depressing dream, yet I think it would make an incredible story if I could remember the details well enoigh.

My dream had some psychopathic monster that kept stalking me through school and wouldn't die when I shot it, though it was oddly susceptible to hordes of Tommynators that I could somehow summon.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse