NATION

PASSWORD

The Titans (Portal to the Multiverse RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:49 am

Hey dutch long time no see
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Nation Name: The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Interests/Genres/Fandoms: Fantasy, Science Fiction.
Warhammer
Warhammer 40K
The Elder Scrolls
Halo
Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire.
Will not participate in: Modern Tech RPs, school stuff, anime stuff, most nation RPs. Pokemon. My Little Pony (NO).
Activity (how often you post): I can post a lot.
Time Zone (optional): GMT +1 Amsterdam
Do you hope to contribute?: Yus.
RP Example (If this is your first write an average post):
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272713
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272049
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268799

Accepted
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 am

New Roman Empire wrote:Hey dutch long time no see

*waves*
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:53 am

Personal Freedom wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Possible template/improvements for front page:

(Image)
Hello and welcome. This is an RP group started by members of the RP "Of Men and Titans" when it was discovered that many of us enjoyed playing together and we would often recruit each other. The RP ended abruptly but we still continued to dream and scheme of grander results, and we still used our thread for idea discussion and advertising purposes. This group was created out of that casualness for us to use in discussing our own RPs and recruiting among ourselves.

1. To create a space for casual discussions of each others work with constructive criticism, but at the same time friendliness and civilly.
2. To advertise our Ideas and RPs among the same group that participates in the above discussions.
3. To store RP ideas that have gone flat or need work until a later time.[/b]

1. Please do not overdo the criticism. The RP's OP has the final say.
    2. Avoid cursing.
    3. This is run by democracy. If anything needs to be decided it will be done democratically.
    4. We value your ideas, but don't be offended if no one joins.
    5. Please TG me ideas.
    6. Use the App to join.
    7. All general NS rules apply.
    8. If a player feels harassed the case will be decided by multiple nations as to whether this valid. If found to be harassing a player expect to be ejected.
    9. If banned from one RP the group may elect to ban you from all future RPs hosted by members of the group.
    10. The founder and cofounders may accept apps. If an app is accepted by one, but upon review the others do not believe it should accepted, it will not be accepted.

Code: Select all
Nation Name:
Interests/Genres/Fandoms:
Will not participate in:
Activity (how often you post):
Time Zone (optional):
Do you hope to contribute?:
RP Example (If this is your first write an average post):

Nation Name: Personal Freedom
Interests/Genres/Fandoms: Character, Sci-fi, Superheroes, Fantasy, Medieval, Doctor Who, Historical, School, Zombies, Post-Apocolyptic, Demigod, Mythology, Nation, Dystopia
Will not participate in: MLP, Pokèmon, Fandoms I don't know anything about.
Activity (how often you post): Try to post as often as possible. At least one IC per-day in the slowest RP. As many as I can normally.
Time Zone (optional): EST (UST - 5 hours)
Do you hope to contribute?: Yes, I have aspirations for what can develop out of this.
RP Example (If this is your first write an average post):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=259295

I might fix that later.

Great!
Though in our currently used front page there's also a spoiler error at the bottom.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:57 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
New Roman Empire wrote:Hey dutch long time no see

*waves*

How have you been?
[/floatright][floatleft]

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:02 am

New Roman Empire wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:*waves*

How have you been?

I've been alright. How are you? :)
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:03 am

I been good.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:43 am

I'm thinking of creating one of those 'government of Earth' nations here on NS, though I can't decide which is the lesser of two evils.

I'm trying to determine if I want the government more democratic, or autocratic. Essentially, do I want the people of Earth to elect a leader, or do I want the leader chosen by predecessor (or even hereditary, or appointed by committee).

The trouble comes into this.

Do I want a situation where the people, though popular opinion, can allow the world to fall into corruption. (Elected Leader) "Vote to place your liberties on hiatus for greater security, petition your statesman to allow us greater regulation of your business, and life, for a brighter future. For individuals are evil, only the state can be trusted, for we are the people united."

Or

Do I want a system that maintains it's self, even if such a system is in need of change. (non-elected leader) "We are in power, to be in power, because it is our place to be in power, so as to guard your liberties, and to guard your liberties we must be in power. If we are not in power, then power hungry ill qualified individuals will govern with irrational, and conflicting ideals."
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 am

Harbertia wrote:I'm thinking of creating one of those 'government of Earth' nations here on NS, though I can't decide which is the lesser of two evils.

I'm trying to determine if I want the government more democratic, or autocratic. Essentially, do I want the people of Earth to elect a leader, or do I want the leader chosen by predecessor (or even hereditary, or appointed by committee).

Do I want a situation where the people, though popular opinion, can allow the world to fall into corruption. (Elected Leader) "Vote to place your liberties on hiatus for greater security, petition your statesman to allow us greater regulation of your business, and life, for a brighter future. For individuals are evil, only the state can be trusted, for we are the people united."

Or

Do I want a system that maintains it's self, even if such a system is in need of change. (non-elected leader) "We are in power, to be in power, because it is our place to be in power, so as to guard your liberties, and to guard your liberties we must be in power. If we are not in power, then power hungry ill qualified individuals will govern with irrational, and conflicting ideals."

Just proves that they're can be no perfect government, despite what Karl Marx must have thought....

So if only if was practical to have a mix of both....

Damien would probably go for the second option.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm planning out more on Damien's family....

His father was a soldier of Jal during his youth and took part against the Hora invasion of the 1400s.

Two of his sisters followed the Protestant cause...

Damien himself is somewhat agnostic, though he undoubtedly believes in Hell and the winged humanoids connected to it (Horas).

As for Longas, whom he's also aware of, hmmm...he either sees them as some kind of supernatural farce (with a surprising amount of power) playing around for attention and is unsure about the existence of heaven.

Did I mention, he HATES the French (with the somewhat exception of Napoleon), but admires the Germans..so his attitude towards Franco-Germany....

And he detests the Constitutional Republic of Ingaland for both being a so called Republic and for being renamed 'Ingaland' from 'England' which he see's as the work of illiterate former Order politicians.
He could be one of the last known persons on Earth still able to speak 'proper' Queens English.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I'm thinking of creating one of those 'government of Earth' nations here on NS, though I can't decide which is the lesser of two evils.

Or

Just proves that they're can be no perfect government, despite what Karl Marx must have thought....

I suppose I could do something like The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Which at it's time was the most prosperous, and largest, state in the world.

The Commonwealth was formed upon the following foundations;

- election of the king by all nobles wishing to participate, known as wolna elekcja (free election);
- Sejm, the Commonwealth parliament which the king was required to hold every two years;
- Pacta conventa (Latin), "agreed-to agreements" negotiated with the king-elect, including a bill of rights, binding on the king, derived from the earlier Henrician Articles.
- religious freedom guaranted by Warsaw Confederation Act 1573,[16]
- rokosz (insurrection), the right of szlachta to form a legal rebellion against a king who violated their guaranteed freedoms;
- liberum veto (Latin), the right of an individual Sejm deputy to oppose a decision by the majority in a Sejm session; the voicing of such a "free veto" nullified all the legislation that had been passed at that session; during the crisis of the second half of the 17th century, Polish nobles could also use the liberum veto in provincial sejmiks;
- konfederacja (from the Latin confederatio), the right to form an organization to force through a common political aim.

I think I could do something like an elected President for Life of United Earth deal, in which the people would vote on candidates who would then be narrowed down to five for which the various world leaders would have to elect from.

I'd have a parliament, or Congress, a two house legislature.

Religious freedom

yes... I can model the government of United Earth on the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Harbertia wrote:

I suppose I could do something like The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Which at it's time was the most prosperous, and largest, state in the world.

- election of the king by all nobles wishing to participate, known as wolna elekcja (free election);
- Sejm, the Commonwealth parliament which the king was required to hold every two years;
- Pacta conventa (Latin), "agreed-to agreements" negotiated with the king-elect, including a bill of rights, binding on the king, derived from the earlier Henrician Articles.
- rokosz (insurrection), the right of szlachta to form a legal rebellion against a king who violated their guaranteed freedoms;
- liberum veto (Latin), the right of an individual Sejm deputy to oppose a decision by the majority in a Sejm session; the voicing of such a "free veto" nullified all the legislation that had been passed at that session; during the crisis of the second half of the 17th century, Polish nobles could also use the liberum veto in provincial sejmiks;
- konfederacja (from the Latin confederatio), the right to form an organization to force through a common political aim.

I think I could do something like an elected President for Life of United Earth deal, in which the people would vote on candidates who would then be narrowed down to five for which the various world leaders would have to elect from.

Religious freedom

yes... I can model the government of United Earth on the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

United Earth?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Harbertia wrote:

Religious freedom

United Earth?

Yes, I wanted to create on of those 'government of Earth' nations, but Earth was already taken. So I'll be the United States of United Earth, unless that name is taken, then I'll go with Earth12. See how things would be if I governed the Earth. Though now that sounds a bit too much to take in, sort of why I'd prefer to be a governor, but still want to be president.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I'm planning out more on Damien's family....

His father was a soldier of Jal during his youth and took part against the Hora invasion of the 1400s.

Damien himself is somewhat agnostic, though he undoubtedly believes in Hell and the winged humanoids connected to it (Horas).

As for Longas, whom he's also aware of, hmmm...he either sees them as some kind of supernatural farce (with a surprising amount of power) playing around for attention and is unsure about the existence of heaven.

Did I mention, he HATES the French (with the somewhat exception of Napoleon), but admires the Germans..so his attitude towards Franco-Germany....

And he detests the Constitutional Republic of Ingaland for both being a so called Republic and for being renamed 'Ingaland' from 'England' which he see's as the work of illiterate former Order politicians.
He could be one of the last known persons on Earth still able to speak 'proper' Queens English.

Or he thinks that pretty much all humans will ultimately end up in the Nether, I mean, are there any actual sinless 'good people' in this world? In his opinion no, he's come to believe that humanity is corrupt and that we're all bad people as we'll ALWAYS to more bad things than good, so therefore Hell/Nether exists without question (because even he holds some kind of notion of divine justice) and he doubts the existence of heaven, or at least believes that its not meant for humans since all humans are corrupt (or all adults are).
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Nation Name:Zein
Interests/Genres/Fandoms: Warfare, superhuman, supernatural, Sci-fi. Gaiaverse
Will not participate in:
Activity (how often you post):Every minute of every day.
Time Zone (optional):EST
Do you hope to contribute?: By helping with ideas, and having people help with my ideas.
RP Example (If this is your first write an average post):Ya'll know me.

And I introduce to you.

A American revolution RP

And a Gaiaverse RP
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I'm planning out more on Damien's family....

Or he thinks that pretty much all humans will ultimately end up in the Nether, I mean, are there any actual sinless 'good people' in this world? In his opinion no, he's come to believe that humanity is corrupt and that we're all bad people as we'll ALWAYS to more bad things than good, so therefore Hell/Nether exists without question (because even he holds some kind of notion of divine justice) and he doubts the existence of heaven, or at least believes that its not meant for humans since all humans are corrupt (or all adults are).

Must resist.............................
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Good morning everyone
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Charmera wrote:Good morning everyone

Morning Charm (Well its nearly midnight here)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Nation Name:Zein
Will not participate in:
Do you hope to contribute?: By helping with ideas, and having people help with my ideas.

And I introduce to you.

A American revolution RP

And a Gaiaverse RP

Goody! Zein's going to join us!

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Nation Name:Zein
Will not participate in:

And I introduce to you.

A American revolution RP

And a Gaiaverse RP

Goody! Zein's going to join us!

Accepted. Your RPs will be on the board. Players can opt to join them.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Should OM&T Book II be anywhere on the board (like finished/completed/concluded RPs?)

After all, it was in essence OM&T that gave birth to this RP group.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Should OM&T Book II be anywhere on the board (like finished/completed/concluded RPs?)

After all, it was in essence OM&T that gave birth to this RP group.

I don't think so... if Harb agrees, but I think this is more general than that.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Drafting more of Damien's history...

In year 2000 he was living in Ontario with the Somerfield family where they attempted to give him a 'normal' life, namely by sending him to school in the Fifth Grade. In his class he was the third most popular student overall, mainly from being the smartest student in the whole school to the point of being considered a prodigy and for looking cute.
In sports he performed..Ok/fair/satisfactory.
That didn't stop 3 older kids from trying to bully him, though whatever he did to them afterwards lead to one seldom talk anymore, and the other two never bothered or spoke of their incident with him..ever again. This led to students and even some teachers fearing him, especially in the way he was almost too perfect they suspected something was not 'normal' about him.
And that's how eventually he had to leave school...

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Has anyone ever thought about an RP ABOUT NationStates?

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Has anyone ever thought about an RP ABOUT NationStates?

I'm sure one's here somewhere......

Why don't you look around?
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse