NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead RP [OOC 2.0] [REBOOT?]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fear The Walking Dead

Yay!
60%
Nay!
20%
*whinny*
20%

Total votes : 15

Ziogen
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ziogen » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Verkaria wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Take over a character? Tell me more, oh Tilted one.

Simply put, I have some blank characters in the Church. They are completely faceless and nameless. You would just make a character and take up one of these blank spots. That way your character is already a part of the Church and doesn't need to be 'found' or introduced. All you really need to do is make up a story about how your character came upon Stryker and became part of the group. Stryker's group is mostly composed of people that he saved from death, so that'd be a good start.

Wish I knew that, would have been easier and less silly. Oh well.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:28 pm

They've only been saying like two hundred dozen times. :D

You might be able to retract/edit your post and do that, since you have not posted too much.

Verk, you should probably repost Stryker's group summary from the last OOC.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Verkaria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Verkaria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Nexeria wrote:They've only been saying like two hundred dozen times. :D

You might be able to retract/edit your post and do that, since you have not posted too much.

Verk, you should probably repost Stryker's group summary from the last OOC.

Here's your old recap from the old OOC:

Nexeria wrote:Just because I want to be helpful today, I'm going to explain what has happened for the people who are assuming the roles of the blank NPC's in Stryker's group.

Stryker over the course of 2-3 months has worked his down from Ann Arbor, Michigan to Tennessee and has formed his own group, which he is leader of, meeting your character and journeying with so on.

Stryker's has problems for lack of better words, but is still a very capable leader.

The first thing Stryker has done since returning to this RP was that he and his group raided group of soldiers that were parked at a gas station. He kind of lost his mind, like he does at times, and force fed a dude's neck to a headless walker. Now, he does not remember doing this, but everyone in his group remembers it clearly, so feel free to judge your leader based off of that. Anyways, they killed one of the soldier's and stole their supplies and humvees.

Elsewhere, the Ann Arbor Survivor Group (My group) crashed out of the sky after our plane exploded. We grinded to a halt onto an airfield and quickly made a mad dash for a vacant hangar.

Stryker and his group noticed the crash and took their newly-stolen humvees to a nearby clearing in behind some trees next to airport. Stryker sent some of his people to scout out the area. Once they returned they informed Stryker that there was group hiding out in a hangar. Billy a 15-year-old kid that was part of Stryker's group volunteered to keep watch in the woods to see if anyone was coming down the road. Stryker allowed this believing that the kid was fully capable of the job.

Captain Shelton and Monroe of the Ann Arbor Survivor Group went outside of the hangar to investigate what sounded like vehicles driving around (Stryker's humvees). Little did Stryker know that the soldiers his group raided earlier were supposed to meet our group and give us a ride to safe place that Captain Shelton has referred to as The Compound.

Shelton and Monroe snuck up on Billy and began uh... "interrogating" him. Billy being a loyal to his leader tried not to answer any of the questions. Stryker was unaware of what was going on at this time and through a conversation with his friends, Grimm and Jess, they informed him of the the soldier Stryker killed earlier, to which Stryker didn't recall. Unknown to them this information was being broadcasted over to Billy's radio and into Shelton's ears.

In a fit of rage at hearing one of his old friends had just recently been killed, Shelton blew Billy's brains out. The shot alarmed Stryker group and they quickly went to investigate. Stryker encountered Shelton and Monroe and had long conversation Shelton. Stryker was depressed over the loss of Billy and felt it was slightly his fault but also mostly Shelton's fault. Through a long conversation and a gathering horde Shelton and Stryker agreed not to kill each other, for there had already been too much death today. They formed a truce that was quickly betrayed by Shelton after he made back to the hangar and fired a grenade at the humvees that were thinning out the horde for our group. Stryker was hit by a bullet that tore through his left eyebrow chipping the bone.

Stryker and his group retreated to a nearby church next to the highway and spent the night there.

Morning come, Stryker's group is salvaging supplies off of broken down cars on the highway as the Ann Arbor Survivor Group prepares to leave the hangar and go to The Compound.

I think that about sums it up. Tell me if I missed any juicy deets.

It's been about a month after this. The Church has a wall now! (And 5-6 more blank npcs, feel free to take those too)
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."
~ Ernest Hemingway

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:54 pm

You seem to forget that Scott and Nick broke the truce and The Captain urged them not to, supporting them only because he feared for their safety. That's not to say he wouldn't have eventually gone after Stryker, it's just a detail I'd prefer be correct in summaries.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Stovilium
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Still spots available? If so my current character idea would be that of a mechanic, or a truck driver?
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Verkaria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Verkaria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Stovilium wrote:Still spots available? If so my current character idea would be that of a mechanic, or a truck driver?

Yeah, go for it.

Phonencia wrote:You seem to forget that Scott and Nick broke the truce and The Captain urged them not to, supporting them only because he feared for their safety. That's not to say he wouldn't have eventually gone after Stryker, it's just a detail I'd prefer be correct in summaries.

Well, it's Nex's summary. He can fix it.
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."
~ Ernest Hemingway

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Stovilium
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:16 pm

NAME: Buck Mayson
NATIONALITY: American
RACE: Caucasian
SKILLS: Capable of driving trucks, basic firearms training, well built, decent mechanic
WEAPONRY: Heavy duty wrench,
VEHICLE: No
BIOGRAPHY: Buck was born roughly 36 years ago, in Denver, Colorado. He grew up with a generally standard education, nothing to elaborate on to any real degree, besides his time spent boxing at the ages of 15-18. He grew up often desiring to experience much about the world as many children did, however by his 21st birthday he had signed up for the U.S armed forces, his intentions to experience the life of a soldier for a while, which he did for a fair amount of time until around his early 20's where he promptly left to pursue other ventures.

in his mid 20's he spent time as a heavy truck driver and mechanic, once more for the ability to see the world, or America, spending time travelling across states and timezones for deliveries. Upon his interests as an American had been that of weapons; it was known to his friends that Buck was a fair gun enthusiast, not over the top enthusiastic, but enough for him to regularly attend a firing range with his friends. However the gym was another popular place of meeting for the group; although Buck enjoyed weaponry he was always more of a hard hitter than a crack-shot, and so he ensured his fitness was at a desirable level when he could.

When the Apocalypse came Buck was in the middle of a long interstate haul as per usual. However the radio and general word spread to him sooner or later. Whatever it was, skill or dumb luck Buck hadn't died within the first few days and spent the next few weeks with his truck. Repairing it as often as he could it was clear that traveling the roads wouldn't be a long term solution, and so the truck was left along a highway when the still traffic was too much to traverse.

Appearance:
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Ziogen
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ziogen » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:32 pm

I'll just keep my lame introduction.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Phonencia wrote:You seem to forget that Scott and Nick broke the truce and The Captain urged them not to, supporting them only because he feared for their safety. That's not to say he wouldn't have eventually gone after Stryker, it's just a detail I'd prefer be correct in summaries.

Well, sorry. I made that summary a long while back. That was just my perspective at the time. Feel free to edit and repost it.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Ah, I love the smell of a new episode.
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Are you still accepting applications?
Life is Short ..so play Naked
CoS
Who needs true love as long as you love me truly....

You are now invited to the other side of sanity...it is my home want a tour? :)
Psych Ward # 00002

Great Friend: Old Vester
Daja's: Grim Reaperess, Kitty Cat Claws, Serenity of Ages, Rilli
Son: Steel Talons
GrandDaja: Terintania
Favorite Weapon: Monfrox
My Santy Clawz: Transnapastain
Vampire Sister: Star aka Statt
One and Only Minion: Rebel-topia

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:34 pm

LadyRebels wrote:Are you still accepting applications?

Yup.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
LadyRebels wrote:Are you still accepting applications?

Yup.

Thank you :)
CoS

Psych Ward # 00002

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Virenna wrote:Ah, I love the smell of a new episode.

Yay, the group's lawyer is here. Great post, Virenna. Lots of detail as always.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:59 pm

NAME: Madalina Ketchem
RACE: American
SKILLS: She can hide really well, has been known to fight (used to work as a bouncer), has read books like Zombie Survival Guide (avid reader).
WEAPONRY: A machete that her and her family had as a joke, they called it "Just In Case", a 9mm hand gun, a motorcycle helmet that she picked up somewhere along the way.
VEHICLE: a 2005 Kia
BIOGRAPHY: Her and her family always joked around with the ZA and read books about it, played the games like L4D and RE. Their family joke was always "Just In Case", a machete that hung by her front door from the time her two daughters where old enough to even start learning about the games with Zombies in them. Her 9mm pistol she had inherited from her Uncle. The car was a treat to herself after seeing her daughters settled into their own family lives. She wonders about them, but she knows that if it is meant to be then they will be together once again.
APPEARANCE:
CoS

Psych Ward # 00002

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 pm

LadyRebels wrote:NAME: Madalina Ketchem
SKILLS: She can hide really well, has been known to fight (used to work as a bouncer), has read books like Zombie Survival Guide (avid reader).
WEAPONRY: A machete that her and her family had as a joke, they called it "Just In Case", a 9mm hand gun, a motorcycle helmet that she picked up somewhere along the way.
BIOGRAPHY: Her and her family always joked around with the ZA and read books about it, played the games like L4D and RE. Their family joke was always "Just In Case", a machete that hung by her front door from the time her two daughters where old enough to even start learning about the games with Zombies in them. Her 9mm pistol she had inherited from her Uncle. The car was a treat to herself after seeing her daughters settled into their own family lives. She wonders about them, but she knows that if it is meant to be then they will be together once again.
APPEARANCE:

Do you want your character to be in Verkaria's group, or with the Michigan group at the Compound?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Camicon wrote:
APPEARANCE:

Do you want your character to be in Verkaria's group, or with the Michigan group at the Compound?

At the Compound.
CoS

Psych Ward # 00002

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:09 pm

APPEARANCE:

I have one problem with your bio and that is that it references a lot of Zombie lore.

Wait, what kind of mom plays L4D and Resident Evil?
Last edited by Nexeria on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:13 pm

LadyRebels wrote:
Camicon wrote:Do you want your character to be in Verkaria's group, or with the Michigan group at the Compound?

At the Compound.

And are you more or less up-to-date on what's going on? What the situation is?
Nexeria wrote:
APPEARANCE:

I have one problem with your bio and that is that it references a lot of Zombie lore.

Which isn't a problem. Some zombie-fanatics are bound to have survived the apocalypse. And the answer to your question is: women that enjoy playing video games, and didn't stop playing them just because they had kids.
Last edited by Camicon on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Nexeria wrote:
APPEARANCE:

Zombie lore fed to a society that at one point thought that it could never really truly happen. Honestly she would be one of those characters just showing up to the Compound, how would she have survived by herself without some sort of base for how to do so? The average person before something like this would have had some sort of brush with pop culture zombies, she did not play the games, she did read the book as a joke, and that is about all. I can remove the lore if you would like.

As to your other question, that I did not see before posting this. Me, I have did and do play it with my girls and their friends. I am not very good at them but I still play them.
Last edited by LadyRebels on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoS

Psych Ward # 00002

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:19 pm

LadyRebels wrote:
Nexeria wrote:I have one problem with your bio and that is that it references a lot of Zombie lore.

Zombie lore fed to a society that at one point thought that it could never really truly happen. Honestly she would be one of those characters just showing up to the Compound, how would she have survived by herself without some sort of base for how to do so? The average person before something like this would have had some sort of brush with pop culture zombies, she did not play the games, she did read the book as a joke, and that is about all. I can remove the lore if you would like.

It's fine from my point of view. I've seen examples of similar people IRL.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Camicon wrote:
LadyRebels wrote:
At the Compound.

And are you more or less up-to-date on what's going on? What the situation is?
Nexeria wrote:I have one problem with your bio and that is that it references a lot of Zombie lore.

Which isn't a problem. Some zombie-fanatics are bound to have survived the apocalypse. And the answer to your question is: women that enjoy playing video games, and didn't stop playing them just because they had kids.

Would I need to go back to Eps 4 or will the jump into Eps 5 suffice? I will read through 4 if you would like me too before jumping in with my first post with this character. Do you want me to TG you about a few of my thoughts or post them here in the open?
CoS

Psych Ward # 00002

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Okay, fine. Just please don't reference them too much in the IC. Make sure you provide some good backstory into your character, too.

Hehe, she was a bouncer. That I'm cool with.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Nexeria wrote:
Virenna wrote:Ah, I love the smell of a new episode.

Yay, the group's lawyer is here. Great post, Virenna. Lots of detail as always.

Thanks, can't wait to see more of the Kenny/Zoe dynamic, should make for much feels :)
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Nexeria wrote:Okay, fine. Just please don't reference them too much in the IC. Make sure you provide some good backstory into your character, too.

Hehe, she was a bouncer. That I'm cool with.
\

Honestly you don't have to warn me about backstory. I won't reference them at all in the IC because honestly most of what the book stated turned out to be wrong, or so she has had to learn. Lucky for her she thinks quick on her feet.
CoS

Psych Ward # 00002

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads