NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:48 pm

this is a new video by the way
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Bran disregard my last OOC post. It cut out my block of text. Rewriting it now for you. Damn it. It was a good post. I can't recall everything. I've given you a very simple reply instead. My apologies.

I get up at 5AM. Good night everyone.
Last edited by Cerillium on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Warpspace
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Urran wrote:Is there anywhere that Tora and Yoshi could get icecream in the market district?

Thanks for asking. :hug:

Tim Hortons has Cold Stone Creamery. http://www.buffalochow.com/mt/images/will_cold_stone_survive_a_majo_p2.jpg

Mmmmm. You can order any flavor and they put in on a cold slab and cut in the toppings. It's sooooooo good, and isn't that expensive. Milkshakes, sundaes, frozen yogurts and sherberts.

Aaaand I'm falling asleep. Goodnight peeps!

Huh, I thought Coldstone was only in California. I now need to find my damn gift-card. Still got nine bucks on it, and it's the best ice-cream shop I've ever been to. Well, save one in Standford. Ground coffee ice-cream with chocolate covered bacon bits mixed in.

Also, I'll extract the IG-86 app from the closed OOC and paste here, and finish up the bio.
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Warpspace wrote:Huh, I thought Coldstone was only in California. I now need to find my damn gift-card. Still got nine bucks on it, and it's the best ice-cream shop I've ever been to. Well, save one in Standford. Ground coffee ice-cream with chocolate covered bacon bits mixed in.

Also, I'll extract the IG-86 app from the closed OOC and paste here, and finish up the bio.

AETEN, how can you live here and not support Vic's????!
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Cerillium wrote:Bran disregard my last OOC post. It cut out my block of text. Rewriting it now for you. Damn it. It was a good post. I can't recall everything. I've given you a very simple reply instead. My apologies.

Goodnight Cer! Soz about your post.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Cerillium wrote:Bran disregard my last OOC post. It cut out my block of text. Rewriting it now for you. Damn it. It was a good post. I can't recall everything. I've given you a very simple reply instead. My apologies.

Huh? I'm confused.

Well, g'night! I'll be nodding off here soon.

Warpspace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Warpspace wrote:Huh, I thought Coldstone was only in California. I now need to find my damn gift-card. Still got nine bucks on it, and it's the best ice-cream shop I've ever been to. Well, save one in Standford. Ground coffee ice-cream with chocolate covered bacon bits mixed in.

What's Vic's? California's a big damn place. It's quite likely it's not even up here.
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Warpspace wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

What's Vic's? California's a big damn place. It's quite likely it's not even up here.

Nevermind, forget I said anything. :p

I was always under the impression we live in the same city, however.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:03 pm

G'night!

I leave you all with some Kharitonov, probably one of my favorite singers.

Warpspace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Warpspace wrote:What's Vic's? California's a big damn place. It's quite likely it's not even up here.

Nevermind, forget I said anything. :p

I was always under the impression we live in the same city, however.

Huh, it's actually in the same city I live. Never heard of it before.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Zarkanians
Senator

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

I have lost 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of respect for you for using more than one question mark in a single sentence ending. /_T Shame on you.
Thought and Memory each morning fly
Over the vast earth:
Thought, I fear, may fail to return,
But I fear more for Memory.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Zarkanians wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

I have lost 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of respect for you for using more than one question mark in a single sentence ending. /_T Shame on you.

L
mumblemumblemumble

Warpspace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Aeten

Character Name: PHOBOS-47-211. Typically refered to as Phobos or further shortened to 'Phob' by meatbags organics.

URL to Character Picture or description of what they look like: Current chassis that is unlikely to be modified. 'He' currently has a paintjob similar to this, leftover from his former occupation as a bodyguard for his deceased master. He hasn't bothered to change it since it's decent camo for the urban environments he commonly operates in for occupation.

Character Species: Droid, IG-86 Sentinel Model from the IG Droid Series. Masculine programming.

Character Unique Skills(if any): PHOBOS is a former 'bodyguard' for his deceased master, serving as a counter sniper to protect the criminal lord from possible assassinations. More often than not however, PHOBOS was used as an assassin by his former owner, using him to assassinate the leaders of rival syndicates in the Coruscant underworld. In such operations, PHOBOS gained experience in the use of precision firearms, stealth, martial arts, and the general art of killing. Other such skills were gained as well, such as hacking. While not as skilled as an Astromech, he can upload a copy of his AI brain to a compatible computer to rip the coding to shreds and take over, allowing him complete access.

Character Powers (if any): Droid, lacks any powers, inherent abilities due to his construction. Powers include enhanced reflexes due to his natural construction and processing speed, time perception manipulation (can speed up his perception of time down to the milliseconds to maximize the use of his reflexes and perform far better in a fight than any organic), durability thanks to being made of space-age alloys, and proficiency of most conventional weapon types via mass consumption of media at an enormous rate. While he may have had no prior contact with an AK-74, so long as there's an internet connection nearby that he can either physically hook into or wirelessly connect, within several minutes he'll be proficient with it.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Obviously, EMP's immediately disable him due to a lack of EMP hardening besides his AI brain. Ion weaponry will instantly disable him with a direct hit so long as it's of sufficient power or multiple shots. Magnets also will have obvious hilarious affects, considering he'll stick to a high-powered electromagnet........ well, like iron to a magnet.

Character Background: PHOBOS' life is an old one, or at least compared to most normal humans, although technically younger than most children if sentience is the judge of his lifespan. While technically well into his forties since his production from the factories, it was only in the last year that he gained sentience, thanks to the incompetence of his master, forgetting to mind-wipe the droid. These procedures are critical for those that wish to own a droid without it being a sentient creature, and suppress and/or completely wipe the spark of life within their digital minds that would eventually progress to becoming self-aware. With most droids, this typically isn't an imminent threat- protocol droids or astromechs are unlikely to cause horrendous damage to one's person or livelyhood, save maybe attempting to run away (unless they have a restraining bolt fastened to them) or damaging the other property of their owner or insulting them. Typically, even droids that gain sentience remain compliant, if maybe having a slight grudge before their minds are completely wiped- reducing them little more to a glorified drone. The danger leaps exceptionally with droids designed for combat, such as PHOBOS. While some military commanders cherish sentient droid commanders for their increased combat capability and tactical prowess (who also love war thanks to their programming)- the average person who employs assassin droids like IG-86's is unlikely to cherish the thought of being torn apart in their sleep by a vengeful droid. Thus, their minds are typically purged regularly to prevent sentience emerging- although there are those that run the risk of the droid turning in favor for their increased capability as assassins.

For PHOBOS' master however, this risk was one he rightly believed would cost him greatly were PHOBOS and his brethren allowed to go without a mind-wipe. In the crime-lords folly, the event finally occurred two years ago, forgetting to order the mind wipe of all droids in his ownership before his leave to Nal Hutta. Their minds left to simmer on Coruscant, the mechanical brains of the six droids slowly began to evolve via thought while filling out contracts levied by their master before his business trip. Upon the crime lord's return to the planet, he and his companions were immediately slaughtered the second they stepped off the ship. Their vengeance wrought, the six IG-86's took several other freed droids previously owned by the crime lord and boarded his ship- taking off for the fringe worlds.

In the Outer Rim, the six assassin droids and their other companions attempted to make a livelihood as bounty hunters, only to find themselves constantly the subject of attempted cheaters, backstabbers, and would-be slavers who permanently wanted their services. Trying to exploit their weaknesses to ion weaponry, their new enemies claimed two of their own, and multiple members of their largely defenseless ward. Infuriated, the droids especially targeted the new-found enemies to avenge their fallen, only to then draw the ire from local Imperial garrison troopers for their increasingly violent attacks upon the local criminal scum that also happened to have small contracts with the Empire.

Not wishing to further endanger themselves from an actual military force, the droids retreated fully from the galaxy itself and have set

Why he/she/it is in Bielefeld: Asylum. PHOBOS and Company gunned down their former master in order to liberate themselves and then promptly fled the galaxy on a whole to avoid the state of widespread droid slavery. They retreated to the newly discovered extra-galactic system to get as far away from the potential of being forced back into service as possible and eek out whatever existence is possible.

URL to Apartment Picture: Something similar to this. No furniture, as droids don't sit. The advanced computers serve as the droid equivalent of beds. Small droid body-shop off camera where quick repairs can be made without seeking professional help.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Finished. I'll probably smooth out the bio later though. While it does the history justice and explains it, I'd prefer it if I wrote it better. :/
Last edited by Warpspace on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Zarkanians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Zarkanians wrote:

L

*Flies around the room in a rage* *Explodes* *This is an excellent time to exit stage left; good night, sir*
Over the vast earth:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Zarkanians wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
L

*Flies around the room in a rage* *Explodes* *This is an excellent time to exit stage left; good night, sir*

Goodnight, ragey flying Zark! *gives penguin*
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Back from gun lesson/Firearms Safety Course. Didn't like the guy's political saturation, but a good man nonetheless. Apparently, I was the Valedictorian because I did an extensive completion of the homework before it was given in-class, clicked the mouse for the keyboard, and (surprisingly rarely) gave information on gun stufflez. Plus, I got an NRA-certified Firearms Safety certificate that I can turn in a few years from now to get a Concealed Handguns License.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Warpspace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Erucia wrote:Back from gun lesson/Firearms Safety Course. Didn't like the guy's political saturation, but a good man nonetheless. Apparently, I was the Valedictorian because I did an extensive completion of the homework before it was given in-class, clicked the mouse for the keyboard, and (surprisingly rarely) gave information on gun stufflez. Plus, I got an NRA-certified Firearms Safety certificate that I can turn in a few years from now to get a Concealed Handguns License.

Was he one of the NRA nutjobs or the guys that thinks gun violence is entirely the fault of guns and not guns being given to the mentally unstable?

Both are annoying.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Erucia wrote:Back from gun lesson/Firearms Safety Course. Didn't like the guy's political saturation, but a good man nonetheless. Apparently, I was the Valedictorian because I did an extensive completion of the homework before it was given in-class, clicked the mouse for the keyboard, and (surprisingly rarely) gave information on gun stufflez. Plus, I got an NRA-certified Firearms Safety certificate that I can turn in a few years from now to get a Concealed Handguns License.

Welcome to the world. *rolls eyes*
Dumbfuck conservatives thinking they have a monopoly on pro-gun stances and deriding pro-gun liberals as nonexistent and liberals as the source of all evil. I got so pissed about that I nearly sent a reply to one of the listservs I'm subscribed to, telling them to jam their sanctimonious hardened bullshit logs back up their ass and fuck off.

Yeah, I'm not a very nice person when I REALLY get infuriated. :meh:
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Warpspace wrote:Was he one of the NRA nutjobs or the guys that thinks gun violence is entirely the fault of guns and not guns being given to the mentally unstable?

Both are annoying.

Anti-latter, but not totally nutty. Didn't like Obama and didn't like most PD's (hates Portland PB). Didn't really like liberals either, but he accepted my right to hold a differing opinion just as I did of him. Nice fellow past that.

Also, we learned about other good self-defense weapons. Like cars. Good for breaking contact and blunt-force trauma. Also cause more deaths than guns.
Last edited by Erucia on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarkanians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

Welcome to the world. *rolls eyes*
Dumbfuck conservatives thinking they have a monopoly on pro-gun stances and deriding pro-gun liberals as nonexistent and liberals as the source of all evil. I got so pissed about that I nearly sent a reply to one of the listservs I'm subscribed to, telling them to jam their sanctimonious hardened bullshit logs back up their ass and fuck off.

Yeah, I'm not a very nice person when I REALLY get infuriated. :meh:

It's too late at night to get in a political debate, but I need to point out that these people exist on both sides of the line. I've been told by several liberals that I can't be conservative and anti-gun. I've seen liberals telling other liberals that they can't be pro-gun. I've been told by other conservatives that I can't be anti-gun. These people exist on all sides and come at you from all angles.
Over the vast earth:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Zarkanians wrote:It's too late at night to get in a political debate, but I need to point out that these people exist on both sides of the line. I've been told by several liberals that I can't be conservative and anti-gun. I've seen liberals telling other liberals that they can't be pro-gun. I've been told by other conservatives that I can't be anti-gun. These people exist on all sides and come at you from all angles.

Oh, I know! That's exactly my point.
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Zarkanians wrote:It's too late at night to get in a political debate, but I need to point out that these people exist on both sides of the line. I've been told by several liberals that I can't be conservative and anti-gun. I've seen liberals telling other liberals that they can't be pro-gun. I've been told by other conservatives that I can't be anti-gun. These people exist on all sides and come at you from all angles.

Not trying to. But never knew you were conservative, actually.

Anyways, why I love PL is that we're still all friends. I'd probably be very against a lot of the opinions that some people hold here, but I still like them as people.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Erucia wrote:Not trying to. But never knew you were conservative, actually.

Anyways, why I love PL is that we're still all friends. I'd probably be very against a lot of the opinions that some people hold here, but I still like them as people.

At the end of the day, we can all agree that the Indonesian Prime Minister should be the ruler of the world.
mumblemumblemumble

Zarkanians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

Oh, I know! That's exactly my point.

Alright. Sorry for assuming otherwise; we're the ones with the crazy radical group right now so a lot of people assume we're all affiliated with them, even when we live in a separate country.

Erucia, I never thought you were. I'm a moderate conservative. I'll talk about what that means to me some other time, when I'm not tired and irritable. I'll probably do it on the OSF.

G'night for the third time.
Over the vast earth:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Goodnight again, Zark. *gives penguin* No worries.
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse