NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:08 pm

The BranRiech wrote:

It's the Zone!

Mon in a maid outfit.

huehuehuehue
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Monfrox wrote:Mon in a maid outfit.

huehuehuehue

That whats she did after she left the apartment?

:p

Well, off to work, see you all.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:11 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Mon in a maid outfit.

huehuehuehue

That whats she did after she left the apartment?

:p

Well, off to work, see you all.

Girl's gotta make cartridges somehow!

Anyway, later Bran.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Warpspace
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Warpspace wrote:Your NS Nation's Nickname: Warpspace

Character Name: Ryn'enth'yn Wyn'cryk'yr is his proper name from his father. Darryl Weaver was used previously and given by his human mother for better interaction with those outside the local city's cult, as a name like Ryn'enth'yn tends to draw attention to oneself. Goes by 'Ryn' for simplicity's sake with non-Deep Ones or hailing from similar societies/cultures.

Character Gender: Male.

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Deep One Hybrid (Born 'Human', fully developed in his fifties when his Deep One parentage fully took over and mutated him into one of their numbers, albeit more humanoid than the baseline Deep One breed he hails from.)

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Currently, Ryn stands at a moderate five feet and eight inches and weighs slightly over two hundred pounds, largely due to some moderate muscle on his build and Deep One anatomy. His apparent age is impossible to detect thanks to his biology of being a Deep One hybrid, appearing to be, well, a fish-man, with little ability to tell apparent age compared to that of a human. In reality, Ryn is entering his hundred and fifty sixth year, marking it near a century since he developed into his true species after spending sixty years as a miserable human. Being biologically immortal, Ryn will only die from unnatural causes, and his health increase with age.

URL to Character Picture, if any:Being a hybrid, Ryn bears more similarity to a human than most Deep Ones, although he will develop more fish features with extreme age, along with greater power. Typically wears clothing similar to this.

Character Unique Skills(if any): Ryn is an artist by trade. Although not quite similar to a human artist- being a hyrbid, Ryn has around twenty light-sensitive cones in his eyes, as opposed to a human's three, and thus is able to perceive numerous rainbows of colors incomprehensible to humans- making his work and that of other hybrids and pure-blooded Deep Ones far more expressive and vivid than anything man has produced- rivaled only be other species with immense perception of color and the cosmos itself. His works are typically painting in carving, both of which utilize the psychic abilities of his fathering species to form works of eerie materials not present in the normal universe and imprint emotions into objects to affect the viewer's mind and provide greater impact of such works. Ryn is also working out the hijinks of teleporation and dimension crossing, but this more often than not leads to nasty things such as a Shoggoth popping out of some god-forsaken realm rather than aiding anyone. While it's safer for him as the gods smile kindly of those who trace their ancestry to Dagon and Hydra, it's a bad day to be a human in the nearby vicinity if things go awry. Hence why he typically puts wards everywhere before attempting to rip any holes in reality lest anything escape and ravage nearby younger races.

Character Powers (if any):

-Portal Creation/Manipulation: 6

Ryn is capable of tearing open portals into other dimensions (typically eldritch) to serve as either shortcuts/means of travel, or offensively to open up the gates for some horror of beyond to be released upon any enemies. Or even weaponize it directly, say embuing an axe to rip open dimensional gates to bisect enemies and ignore any armor they use (sucking part of them into another dimension). However, his use of this power is flawed, and while extremely power.... has a fifty-fifty chance of failing and resulting in catastrophic failures ranging from releasing a Shogoth onto unwitting civilians or ending up on the Moon instead of the next city block. While it does provide easy means of travel- take the subway instead if you lack the kinship of eldritch abominations.

-Emotion Manipulation: 3

Ryn is capable of manipulating the emotions of others, although lacks the scale to use this in any effective real-time way, rather he is capable of implanting emotions into objects- specifically his art so they emit a stronger response than normal in a humanoid being. For example, he could 'enchant' a painting as to invoke a feeling of pure sadness and joy simultaneously.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: As previously mentioned, teleporation and dimension walking with Ryn typically has a fifty/fifty chance of some ungodly spawn from before time chewing your face off. While they treat him kindly for being a member of the extended family of ungodly monsters, he still often ends up wondering why the hell is he in the Alpha Centauri system when he simply was attempting to take a shortcut to the other side of town. It's led to him having several life scaring events despite his relatively 'young' age for a hybrid. Ryn also can be annoying by him being extremely eccentric and susceptible to drifting onto major tangents, resulting from his still young age as a Deep One and thus still amazed by how radically different life is rendered post his 'second birth' during his sixties. While it leads to a greater appreciation of life than most humans, it also causes him to annoying drift off on describing the indescribable psychedelic beauty of a piece of bread and how pitiful it is that such sights are imperceptible to human eyes.

Character Background/Biography: Ryn'enth'yn Wyn'cryk'yr, or known as Darryl Weaver, was born to a single mother from Anglo-Saxon/Norman descent in the Scottish city of Aberdeen during the 1860's. However, unlike most children of single mothers at the time, Darryl didn't grow up in grueling poverty, and rather he and his mother lived a well-supplied average life above the poverty line thanks to the support of both being members of the Aberdeen Dagon Cult that had existed there for well over two centuries. The boy soon found out his actual nature when his father visited around his seventeenth birthday , which, while a bit of a shock, he'd suspected something strange was involved with him somehow, considering how odd the cult's actions seemed compared to typical religions such as Christianity he often heard of from children outside the cult's influence. Life for Darryl however was largely unaffected by him being a hybrid. It quashed any of his dreams of going outside the city and making a name for himself in the human world, but fishing was a stable career at the time and kept him within the cult's protection.

As per usual, 'the change' started to hit in his forties to fifties, his skin slowly becoming wrinkled in the face with bumpy scales covering his body. Teeth sharpened, bones changed structure, and his face changed into that of some angler-like fish of the abyss. Gills grew, and by his sixties it was impossible for him to interact anymore with normal humans without drawing immediate fear for his monstrous appearance.

Why the character in Bielefeld/Occupation: Freelance Artist selling eldritch pieces of his work. Also on a bit of a vacation from his home city folded under the waves. The city's also currently right by it.

URL to Apartment Picture: The apartment is blatantly eldritch in appearance, with Ryn having done some decorating to the previously 'bland' room. The room itself is now a living creature, with a strange fleshy coral taking over it, the species likely extra-dimensional in origin or a sample taken from a local breed in his 'home' city in the frigid waters of Scandinavia. Its structure is like that of dead coral filled with a thick custard- only the bony parts of the organism are capable of movement can be visibly seen 'breathing' as if they were a lung. Tiny tendrils stick out of the fleshy pockets in the flexible yet stiff skeleton, tipped with psychedelic phosphorescent glands that change colors, typically raising and falling between ranges of colors imperceptible to the human eye and appear simply to be white or odd mixtures of purple. The floor (and ceiling) of the room is made of a thick, rough floor of fleshy coral stiffer than the columns dotting the room- similar in texture to the mats often laid in the front of doors to wipe one's feet on before entering a building. The color of the flesh and coral also changes, swinging between an eldritch rainbow of purples, blues, yellows, greens, and a vast range of the incomprehensible by human eyes.

Decorating the room is various objects, ranging from clay pots from forgotten Mediterranean civilizations detailed with iconography depicting Father Dagon and his children and prehistoric human cults dedicated to the worship of Dagon and breeding with his children. Alien papers pulped from prehistoric plants decorate the walls, adorned with Ryn's strange abstract and impressionist paintings birthed from the fusion of two races, with emotions weaved into the work just as the pigments.

Most notable of the room are two key objects. One being a great fish-tank made of organic glass birthed from tendrils twisting down from the coral ceiling- holding a strange collection of unidentified species of fish and mollusks. Second is a copy of the Necronomicon- guarded from driving unwary human readers mad by being written in ink invisible to human eyes.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Ryn is a Deep One Hybrid, as per usual, his mother was a normal human while his father was the spawn of the Great Old One, Dagon. Like with all hybrids, he began the metamorphosis process from his original human anatomy into that of a Deep One during his fifties. Once completed, he was brought into the underwater civilization of the Deep Ones as another biologically immortal citizen to its numbers. Deciding to now use his unlimited time to pursue the ideas he had in his childhood that were denied originally by his blood, Ryn became an artist- studying for half a century before forging his career during the 1950's in Deep One society.

He's had recent news in the Deep One city in the Scandinavian seas that the city of Bielefield has turned up in the area (known to be some sort of wonky eldritch location), and has decided to damn any rules or taboo concerning full exposure to human society, and has decided to either temporarily or permanently move there to pursue new ideas for his works.

App's done and I go forward with Prim's blessing.
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Sanjay, like many Westerners at this time and place, holds disdain and fear of the Communists.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Monfrox wrote:I'M BACK FROM CON!

So fun.

Look what I got.

That is beautiful, yiss. *grabby hands*

And I think we have to stop Flint and Lil's interaction and either join in a story or wait.
Last edited by Rocopurr on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:09 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Sanjay, like many Westerners at this time and place, holds disdain and fear of the Communists.

Were they a big noise in Uganda or India?
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:09 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Sanjay, like many Westerners at this time and place, holds disdain and fear of the Communists.

Can't wait til he hears Flint speaking Russian.

Achievement

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

Indians and Russians were best buds back then.

Idi Amin, however, embraced many Communist philosophies and allied with them, and he also kicked out all the Indians from their homes in Uganda. After that, Sanjay went to England where he got more propaganda against them.

So he isn't a fan.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Rocopurr wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I'M BACK FROM CON!

So fun.

Look what I got.

That is beautiful, yiss. *grabby hands*

No! *smacks and keeps away*

Also, I felt really bad about not being able to get on the internet at all during con so I wrote in Flint and Cinnamon going to Chaos with Lilian and being there before the New Year happened.

Achievement

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Monfrox wrote:

Can't wait til he hears Flint speaking Russian.

Oh boy.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:14 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

Indians and Russians were best buds back then.

Idi Amin, however, embraced many Communist philosophies and allied with them, and he also kicked out all the Indians from their homes in Uganda. After that, Sanjay went to England where he got more propaganda against them.

So he isn't a fan.

Makes sense. Good to know. *nods*
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Dont worry too much about my thing. It can be pushed back to be made more convenient.

Prim, that would be helpful. Tilt should have his thing wrapped up by next week or so, depending on how active players are. I don't want to forget your thing or leave Aegis hanging in limbo too long, though. That wouldn't be fair to you.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:Dont worry too much about my thing. It can be pushed back to be made more convenient.

Prim, that would be helpful. Tilt should have his thing wrapped up by next week or so, depending on how active players are. I don't want to forget your thing or leave Aegis hanging in limbo too long, though. That wouldn't be fair to you.

I think it'd be OK to have them run at the same time. The overlapping characters problem got solved, to the best of my knowledge. I don't know. I'll leave it up to you guys since I've been out of the loop focused on my thing.
mumblemumblemumble

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:

Dont worry about me.
Push it back a week.
I probably need to go over it with you and the other OPs due to my track record.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Warpspace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Woah, what have I missed?
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Warpspace wrote:

The 70s.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:That is beautiful, yiss. *grabby hands*

No! *smacks and keeps away*

Also, I felt really bad about not being able to get on the internet at all during con so I wrote in Flint and Cinnamon going to Chaos with Lilian and being there before the New Year happened.

There is no need to feel bad. I have to move Lil over to the teens though.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Warpspace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Warpspace wrote:

The 70s.

Didn't everyone?
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Rocopurr wrote:
Monfrox wrote:No! *smacks and keeps away*

There is no need to feel bad. I have to move Lil over to the teens though.

That's okay.
Warpspace wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:The 70s.

Didn't everyone?

I wasn't even a thought back then.

Achievement

Warpspace
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:There is no need to feel bad. I have to move Lil over to the teens though.

That's okay.
Warpspace wrote:Didn't everyone?

I wasn't even a thought back then.

No, it's a joke. The Greatest Generation was asleep and Generation X was probably on LSD from the whole Hippie thing and didn't remember anything. And Generation Y didn't exist yet.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:If it's long-running and near the end, I think it'd be awkward to put Sanjay in it at this particular point.

I giggled when I read that.

Hello, here's an airplane... and here's the door. "Don't mind Crowley." (Who?).
Fen is punted out of said airplane, bounces off school roof, practically lands on Loki.
"Oh hello, I'm a god and into the school basement you go!" (You're a god?!)
Fen is suddenly on a beach under the the school, surrounded by pirates who are offended by another character. Uses Loki for a shield.
Fade, fade, fade... not really a fade but a YOINK! Fen ends up in the library where she meets Emi and some others. (Um, hi!)
But now to another adventure! (Hell is a planet?)
Train ride, wild trek in a truck (there were some angels at one point, scary stuff) a ghost town (Woah, Hell IS a planet!)
And the bar... demon liquor is toxic, Emi is spanked until she pukes, trap doors exist in floors, there's a dead knight, and a passage and a VW bug (yay!), and two tunnels, and the car dies (damn), oh look another knight (Hi!), but then everyone in the group catches up (yay!), and OH SHIT SOMETHING IS COMING (fuck!), run - run- run, oh look, a room (whew!). There's a fight going on inside.
Holy shit it's Cunthoun! (Who?) Calhoun!
Major battle ensues (OMG OMG OMG). Tons of bullets. Tons of magic. Things are dying everywhere. Calhoun merges with Azazel, Excalibur swings, Emi does her stuff, more stuff happens, Sir William beats the crap out of him, he vanishes. The end.
No. Never the end!
And now we're in Crowley's office/war room (I shall not panic. I shall try to look like I know what I'm doing!) TONS of discussion on a story long-running and near its end.
"Well," sez Fen afterwards, "That was a satisfying adventure. I think I'll roam for a while"
YOINK! Welcome to sick bay! I'm an Orc! Got questions?

Funnest RP I've ever played! Moar! It can never end!

I'm not too worried about your character, Night. I know you won't fall into the IC chat habit. I'm more concerned with something an outsider mentioned to Cer (which he and I talked about yesterday).
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:If it's long-running and near the end, I think it'd be awkward to put Sanjay in it at this particular point.

I giggled when I read that.

Hello, here's an airplane... and here's the door. "Don't mind Crowley." (Who?).
Fen is punted out of said airplane, bounces off school roof, practically lands on Loki.
"Oh hello, I'm a god and into the school basement you go!" (You're a god?!)
Fen is suddenly on a beach under the the school, surrounded by pirates who are offended by another character. Uses Loki for a shield.
Fade, fade, fade... not really a fade but a YOINK! Fen ends up in the library where she meets Emi and some others. (Um, hi!)
But now to another adventure! (Hell is a planet?)
Train ride, wild trek in a truck (there were some angels at one point, scary stuff) a ghost town (Woah, Hell IS a planet!)
And the bar... demon liquor is toxic, Emi is spanked until she pukes, trap doors exist in floors, there's a dead knight, and a passage and a VW bug (yay!), and two tunnels, and the car dies (damn), oh look another knight (Hi!), but then everyone in the group catches up (yay!), and OH SHIT SOMETHING IS COMING (fuck!), run - run- run, oh look, a room (whew!). There's a fight going on inside.
Holy shit it's Cunthoun! (Who?) Calhoun!
Major battle ensues (OMG OMG OMG). Tons of bullets. Tons of magic. Things are dying everywhere. Calhoun merges with Azazel, Excalibur swings, Emi does her stuff, more stuff happens, Sir William beats the crap out of him, he vanishes. The end.
No. Never the end!
And now we're in Crowley's office/war room (I shall not panic. I shall try to look like I know what I'm doing!) TONS of discussion on a story long-running and near its end.
"Well," sez Fen afterwards, "That was a satisfying adventure. I think I'll roam for a while"
YOINK! Welcome to sick bay! I'm an Orc! Got questions?

Funnest RP I've ever played! Moar! It can never end!

:rofl:
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:34 pm

This assessment does NOT apply to our new players (Fvaar, Rocco, Spike, Night etc.), rather it applies to long-running players who have been here for months or more:

The question posed to Cer: "Why do you get to be in P2TM? You're an IC chat thread. I think that belongs in F7." Ouch.

There are characters in PL who do nothing except IC chat/drama similar to Wombat or 'Roo but better written; these characters don't participate in any actual stories. Roo-esk conversations drag out the timeline, stall stories and sequester active participants.

The rest of us are carrying the weight to keep PL a RP instead of a location chat thread. '

Exciting OP/CoOP and player stories that were scrapped last year because IC chat/drama dragged on too long or because players sprung lame events on us:
Bane
Christmas Miracle (the intro was the hurricane)
Strawberry Fields
Tilt's SiMs
God War (we took it behind the scenes to keep it running)
Kei's Discovery
The Raptor in the Mirror
Fallout: Bielefeld
Invasion from the Country Across the Way
Team Fortress Retooled
NA's SCP thing
Heaven and Hell
The Six Element: Oh Crap
Meddler's Ruin
Swith Witherward Trip
Rome Hetalia
I Can't Believe It's A Law Firm
Genesis Pool
Woosh (pulled from a Star Trek episode)
Demen's Request
Adventure League (beginning of last IC thread)
Invasion of the Tsu Snatchers
Yoinks!
Torii's Tank
Is it a Drone?

We scrap these things because our key players are too busy having "character development" that leave no lasting impression on the character or develop him in any way. Can you experience the bonds of longing if you never leave someone's side? Can you grow stronger if you never move a muscle? Can you appreciate food if you've never known real hunger? Your characters aren't going to develop if all you do it sit.

We didn't have this problem in the beginning. PL was a lot of asterisk play but characters were constantly on the move and doing things. Then players began adding more characters, and those characters were given characters to interact with, and now we're a quagmire of characters.

Some of our funnest recent things have been when Cer ran an encapsulated event. He allows only one or two characters in play, and the group works as a whole on a campaign. There's time to allude to feelings, or be jealous, or develop quirks, but there isn't time to dwell on them. Other fun things have been the magical Indian Bazaar where some of you got nifty new toys and flying carpets, the animal tea party, etc. It takes Ref/GM skill to pull these off without having them fall flat, lag, grow stale or turn out to be lame in the end.

A trend I'm noticing is that some of you are so bored with the IC conversations (which you're in!) that you check out to play video games. That's part of what's causing days-on-end delays.

Straight up:
Why are Sterling and Willow in PL?
Why is Toscha in PL?
Why are Blossom, Tieria and Yoshi in PL?
Why are Torii and Katya in PL?
Why are Jacob, Sig and Namal in PL?

I'd pick on others, but I've had communication with them and they've validated some things, or I know their reasons for having characters active: Barox and Wren are part of the revival story, for example. And many players have parked characters not currently serving a purpose (Chloe, Octavian, Dimitrus, Cuisine, Rylli, Rachelle, Will, Levi, etc.) I also know that Gio and NA were working on a Pony story that sheds light on why they're here, but I think that, too, has been delayed by IC nonsense.

Please take a look at your characters. Determine why they're here and how you'd like to incorporate them. If they serve no other purpose than IC chat, please move them to a thread in F7. Give me a reason to appeal to Cer to keep them active. Cer's point of view is that some of them have had a year to "develop".

Cer wants to finish Allspice, Teen Club and then Prim's thing. I've agreed to put off my planned stuff. We'll continue Thriller Revival/Book since, at the moment, it doesn't pull too much from the thread or tie up characters outside of mine and GT's (others might eventually be drawn into it, if interest is shown. GT's call.) However...

Once Allspice, Teen Club and Prim's thing are done, we are going to start a story. Figure out who you want to play on a routine basis. You won't have much time to have characters sit on their butts.

Another straight up: Urran
Use that notebook and read the threads before posting. I will no longer go to bat for you when your character does something out of context once Allspice/Prim are done. You have the talent and intelligence to RP properly. I won't accept laziness as an excuse any longer. NA and Bran nailed it last night. Cer is not going to put up with a character who pulls bitch moves and then runs away crying. Cer has given me permission to remove characters from the thread. I'm not comfortable doing this but Cer (my mentor) has challenged me to grow a spine and "deal with it appropriately".
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Swith, I'm sorry, but every time I want to do something in the IC that you want us to do, I'm bogged down by people simply wanting to chit-chat. It seems like that happens to me every time, which is why I always ask for more clarification that I'm still involved in a story, and that I haven't been forgotten, because it feels like I am more often than not.

The chit-chat comes from when I think I'm forgotten, and then I feel like there's nothing else to do besides sit around and do pointless shit.

Toscha's only been chatting for a while because he's new, I literally just brought him and he hasn't even been around long enough to get involved in any events, so I don't think questioning why he's here is fair.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse