NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:47 am

Warpspace wrote:And thus the legions of the dead shall pour forth from their graves. Once the breakthrough is made, there is no reversing it. We have broken the boundary and made an affront upon our gods, and our enemy shall follow our steps. The phantom armies of iron will have no counter. They will endure. We will all perish in the fires of this war, but they will continue. Our civilization will crumble and our race turned to dust- but our dead will continue to wage the war. Torn from their rest of eternity, they will have no purpose but to fight, even when all is ash. All they will know is suffering and anger, blind hatred against a lost civilization and a long-vanquished foe as they continue a vain war. And unlike us, they will never again know the peace of death. We have rendered the most hateful of our number immortal. I wish I could go back, to reverse this horrible decisions, but even if I were to destroy myself and all my work- they would find it. Even if all they found was scraps, the military could piece it back together and resurrect their dead comrades themselves. And then the enemy shall obtain it, picking up the pieces of their shells they claim on the battlefield.

I'm sorry. I have damned my race, affronted my gods, and killed any hope that a union may ever be made with our enemy like in the old days. I can at least take comfort now that in the profits reaped from my advancement, I can feed my family like kings until the day that we are ground into dust along with our civilization and species by what I have started. What was once a question of if is now a question of when. All will burn.

Eat a snickers, Aeten.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Warpspace wrote:And thus the legions of the dead shall pour forth from their graves. Once the breakthrough is made, there is no reversing it. We have broken the boundary and made an affront upon our gods, and our enemy shall follow our steps. The phantom armies of iron will have no counter. They will endure. We will all perish in the fires of this war, but they will continue. Our civilization will crumble and our race turned to dust- but our dead will continue to wage the war. Torn from their rest of eternity, they will have no purpose but to fight, even when all is ash. All they will know is suffering and anger, blind hatred against a lost civilization and a long-vanquished foe as they continue a vain war. And unlike us, they will never again know the peace of death. We have rendered the most hateful of our number immortal. I wish I could go back, to reverse this horrible decisions, but even if I were to destroy myself and all my work- they would find it. Even if all they found was scraps, the military could piece it back together and resurrect their dead comrades themselves. And then the enemy shall obtain it, picking up the pieces of their shells they claim on the battlefield.

I'm sorry. I have damned my race, affronted my gods, and killed any hope that a union may ever be made with our enemy like in the old days. I can at least take comfort now that in the profits reaped from my advancement, I can feed my family like kings until the day that we are ground into dust along with our civilization and species by what I have started. What was once a question of if is now a question of when. All will burn.

Eat a snickers, Aeten.

:lol2:
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:40 pm

Hello all. I was PLANNING on being on last night, but that didn't happen. Friday night my internet cut out because of a storm. The universe just doesn't want me on.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Urran wrote:Hello all. I was PLANNING on being on last night, but that didn't happen. Friday night my internet cut out because of a storm. The universe just doesn't want me on.

It's a conspiracy.

Glad to see you though. Pretty dull around here when you're gone.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Urran wrote:Hello all. I was PLANNING on being on last night, but that didn't happen. Friday night my internet cut out because of a storm. The universe just doesn't want me on.

It's a conspiracy.

Glad to see you though. Pretty dull around here when you're gone.

Aaaw thanks :blush: I feel special now.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Same thing for me, except it happened right when I hopped on my 360. It sucked.

Hello.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:57 pm

My internet sucks to much for live....
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Warpspace
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Warpspace wrote:snip

And how's that working out for you?

Heh.

No, character concept. Since I'm scrapping most of my characters, one of them I came up with as a replacement is a cyborg. Alien sparsley populated planet, think space Serbs and Croats. At the tail end of their war, they develop means to create AI's from deceased soldiers with their brains still intact and preserved. Cyborgs made from the dead are then mass produced by both sides until their ranks are filled with their dead. Later, chemical and biological agents are used and the small populations of both factions are cleanly wiped out- only the AI's live. They however continue the war out of vain hatred, thus leading to an endless stalemate of a war for centuries as the cyborgs continue to slug it out with no truce.
Last edited by Warpspace on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 pm

I am going to redo my app for Naoi. Hopefully I get the skill/power levels right. I don't think that 12 points is enough for all of the heightened human senses.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Finally back at college. Off to get food.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Urran wrote:I am going to redo my app for Naoi. Hopefully I get the skill/power levels right. I don't think that 12 points is enough for all of the heightened human senses.

Speaking of such, don't forget about our collab. No rush or deadline, post at your own rate, but just remember it exists. :)
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Urran wrote:I am going to redo my app for Naoi. Hopefully I get the skill/power levels right. I don't think that 12 points is enough for all of the heightened human senses.

Speaking of such, don't forget about our collab. No rush or deadline, post at your own rate, but just remember it exists. :)

My internet refuses to load goolge docs right now :( :( I had to cancel a collab with Tilt and Torsie for that reason
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Urran wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

My internet refuses to load goolge docs right now :( :( I had to cancel a collab with Tilt and Torsie for that reason

I shall cradle you in the arms of Mother Internet. Or something. Sorry.
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:20 pm

You could tuck a 1 or 2 in each heightened sense. Urranese aren't superpowered people, right? There isn't much difference between 1 and 2 for physical attributes such as vision or hearing.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Collab woes - the OSF. Make a thread for your collab. It takes longer because you can't edit real-time but it's at least a way to get stuff done.

There isn't any point to that picture. I'm just incredibly bored.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warpspace
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Cerillium wrote:Collab woes - the OSF. Make a thread for your collab. It takes longer because you can't edit real-time but it's at least a way to get stuff done.

(Image)

Just use Google Docs. Works a lot better than a forum.
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Warpspace wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Collab woes - the OSF. Make a thread for your collab. It takes longer because you can't edit real-time but it's at least a way to get stuff done.

(Image)

Just use Google Docs. Works a lot better than a forum.
Urran wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Cerillium wrote:

You could tuck a 1 or 2 in each heightened sense. Urranese aren't superpowered people, right? There isn't much difference between 1 and 2 for physical attributes such as vision or hearing.

Not superpowerd but they can here as well as cats and have really good night vision...
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:49 pm

And I think I want to send him as a 'diplomat". In other words his superiors are fed up with him and sent him to Bielefeld.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Urran wrote:
Cerillium wrote:You could tuck a 1 or 2 in each heightened sense. Urranese aren't superpowered people, right? There isn't much difference between 1 and 2 for physical attributes such as vision or hearing.

Not superpowerd but they can here as well as cats and have really good night vision...

They have pinnae?

The reason I point that out is that physical structure is what gives a cat its heightened abilities. The cat's ear structure and even the fur thins and rests on the skin in front of the ears aid in enhancing auditory signals. Their night vision is excellent but the tradeoff is that their total visual acuity is diminished by light.

A Urranese character would need to take points in these physical attributes to compensate for the lack of structure/physical form whereas Jacob, who had pinnae, wouldn't need to take any points in order to have acute hearing. To my knowledge, Jacob doesn't have excellent night vision but he also hasn't portrayed his characters as having tapetum lucidum. Bran, on the other hand, would get some points back for his odd creatures' hearing cost because he slapped a major flaw on them and plays it every time there's a sound above a certain level (normal conversation levels are painful.)

Cat hearing and vision would only score a 1 or 2 on the scale.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:10 pm

I think that I've said that Yoshi does have a tapetum lucidum before. But, thanks for the advice Cer.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Urran/Urri

Character Name: Uzuru Naoi

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Urranese

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Height: 5' 6', Weight: 120lbs, Apparent age: 18, Actual age: 22

URL to Character Picture, if any: here

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human):
Superior night vision. 2
Hearing: 2
Agility: 2
Speed: 2

Character Unique Skills(if any):
Pilot Skill: 4

Character Powers (if any):
none

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Cannot ingest alcohol or red meat. While physical abilities and senses outclass normal humans, like all Urranese he lacks the endurance of a normal human,thus combat time is limited.

Character Background/Biography:
Uzuru was born in Ebi Village, Urran and was raised by loving parents in the small, farming village. At age 18 he was accepted into the military academy in Sakura City and joined the Air Force. He was a cocky pilot known for pushing both himself and his air craft to the limit. He saw action against BranRiech forces in the BranRiech Urran War, in which he flew the EF2000 Typhoon. Unlike Yoshi, he is a terible cook, writer, and musician. He is somewhat cocky, as far as his culture allows, and is very outgoing and sociable. He is basically the opposite of Yoshi in almost every way except for his morals and values which the two share. Uzuru is also extremely athletic and soccer is a favorite sport.
He is in Bielefeld because his superiors were fed up with him and sent him away out of their hair.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation:
Diplomat to Bielefeld.

URL to Apartment Picture: here

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Uzuru Naoi is a cocky, sporty, athletic Urranese test pilot. Basically Yoshi's opposite in every way other than in morals and family values.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Urran wrote:Your NS Nation's Nickname: Urran/Urri

Character Name: Uzuru Naoi

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Urranese

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Height: 5' 6', Weight: 120lbs, Apparent age: 18, Actual age: 22

URL to Character Picture, if any: here

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human):
Superior night vision. 2
Hearing: 2
Agility: 2
Speed: 2

Character Unique Skills(if any):
Pilot Skill: 4

Character Powers (if any):
none

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Cannot ingest alcohol or red meat. While physical abilities and senses outclass normal humans, like all Urranese he lacks the endurance of a normal human,thus combat time is limited.

Character Background/Biography:
Uzuru was born in Ebi Village, Urran and was raised by loving parents in the small, farming village. At age 18 he was accepted into the military academy in Sakura City and joined the Air Force. He was a cocky pilot known for pushing both himself and his air craft to the limit. He saw action against BranRiech forces in the BranRiech Urran War, in which he flew the EF2000 Typhoon. Unlike Yoshi, he is a terible cook, writer, and musician. He is somewhat cocky, as far as his culture allows, and is very outgoing and sociable. He is basically the opposite of Yoshi in almost every way except for his morals and values which the two share. Uzuru is also extremely athletic and soccer is a favorite sport.
He is in Bielefeld because his superiors were fed up with him and sent him away out of their hair.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation:
Diplomat to Bielefeld.

URL to Apartment Picture: here

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Uzuru Naoi is a cocky, sporty, athletic Urranese test pilot. Basically Yoshi's opposite in every way other than in morals and family values.

Looks good. We need to figure out what his diplomatic assignment is. What did you have in mind?

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Do I owe anyone replies? Send the links through TG. I'm going to log off and catch a movie.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Meh, basically be the voice of Urran in the city and attempt to establish friendly relations because Yuri damaged that a bit...
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse