NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey guys, I'm feeling pretty sick today. Vomiting, stomach aches, really tired, I stayed home from school. Plus of course my internet sucks. Please forgive me if I'm late on stuff.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Giovenith wrote:Hey guys, I'm feeling pretty sick today. Vomiting, stomach aches, really tired, I stayed home from school. Plus of course my internet sucks. Please forgive me if I'm late on stuff.

No worries at all, Gio. Hope you feel better soon.

*offers saltines and soda*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Giovenith wrote:Hey guys, I'm feeling pretty sick today. Vomiting, stomach aches, really tired, I stayed home from school. Plus of course my internet sucks. Please forgive me if I'm late on stuff.

Take the pills that are next to the neurotoxin canisters that I store in all of your closets.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Awww, poor Gio. *gives bottle of pepto*
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:That's a bit far-fetched, isn't it? Random stranger don't affect you too much. If it offends you, please keep it to yourself and out of the OOC thread. We maintain mutual respect for each other here.

It's partially my fault, i should have asked before posting but I felt that it was something that I needed to say.

That being said I have shown nothing but respect and love for the members of this thread and I do not deliberately set out to offend people, especially not people that I hold dear.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Urran wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:That's a bit far-fetched, isn't it? Random stranger don't affect you too much. If it offends you, please keep it to yourself and out of the OOC thread. We maintain mutual respect for each other here.

It's partially my fault, i should have asked before posting but I felt that it was something that I needed to say.

That being said I have shown nothing but respect and love for the members of this thread and I do not deliberately set out to offend people, especially not people that I hold dear.

This is something that needs to be said:

GOD is welcomed here. Dogma isn't. If you wish to discuss theology and doctrine, then the OSF is the place for it. I'll be happy to moderate a debate between you and Swith.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Right then. Thanks Ceril :lol:
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Your NS Nation's Nickname: Cer

Character Name: Ryoji (Ryo) Sato

Character Gender: male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Cursed Immortal; host to one of Ogoti's Proctors of Pestilence (not to be confused with the main god's). (Former human)

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 6', 175#, appears to be in late twenties/early 30's, actual age unknown.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Ryoji Sato

Character Unique Skills(if any):
Martial arts.

Host Abilities: 12 points.

Other: He possesses certain magical items which also serve to protect him.

Character Powers (if any): (12 points to spend, no single power over 8.)
Note: Daemon powers are not listed (see other cultists: general cultist abilities).
Host: Majikkujutsu (12) - subcategory: Death-Force Manipulation (8); Combat Empowerment (4)

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: He's a host (corpse); any and all abilities beyond host's powers are a reflection of his possession. Racist and xenophobic. Opinionated. Hates cats. Hates catgirls more.

Character Background/Biography: Ryoji was born ages ago in Japan. He apprenticed as a healer before moving on to take over as physician upon the death of his mentor. Ryo was drawn to death in his early years; fascination with plagues and disease eventually pulled him towards Grandfather. He served the Plague avatar (Asian set - fuck yes, there is one) until its disbanding. He mastered a form of martial arts during this time which allowed him to use death itself as a weapon, be it in the form of touch or curse. All cultists under this avatar had proficiency in this art. His combat empowerment is a harmonization of his chi which can be used to boost his attacks. He gains power after each major confrontation. This isn't obtained through further mastery, rather he bleeds off his opponent's chi (and powers) and draws it into himself.

Ryo is a quiet man; very traditional Japanese in thinking. He's shrewd but his mind is bent towards organization and servitude. His racism is typical of Japanese ways. He thinks poorly of gaijin and their influence. As example, he'll tolerate Misaki because she's Japanese but he'll frown upon her hair color (a gift from her pantheon); likewise, the Urranese people are inferior (kachinonai zasshu) as are other Asian peoples. Typical of his painfully polite society, Ryo keeps his opinions of others to himself.

His role is that of an adviser and organizer. He'll speak his mind to Ogoti in order to guide him.

Why the character in Bielefeld/Occupation: Brought in to become Ogoti's cultist leader.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://www.modernhometrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/modern-interior-design-for-small-apartments-1.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
Ryoji (Ryo) Sato
Ogoti's cultist leader

Bump and link sent to Swith via TG.

If anyone else is missing a tab, character, or business, I suggest sending a TG with the link. She's been swamped with family matters and might not be able to locate your application/post easily.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Right. *adjusts imaginary glasses* I am off to class now and shall return this evening. Good day my friends
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Warspace, mind freeing Kei up soon? I want to get some parts of her story done.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:22 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Warspace, mind freeing Kei up soon? I want to get some parts of her story done.

Send a TG to him in case he doesn't see your post.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:27 pm

I'll be out late tonight. Post incoming.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:00 pm

*drops in dramatically* hello peeps, what's going on tonight?
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Practice. *nods*
mumblemumblemumble

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Practice. *nods*

Martial arts right?
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Urran wrote:Martial arts right?

Correct.

And in other news...general question. Who has chars with immunity/resistance to psychic manipulation?
mumblemumblemumble

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

Correct.

And in other news...general question. Who has chars with immunity/resistance to psychic manipulation?

Tieria probably since his brain is really a computer.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

Correct.

None of mine. Even Kei's vulnerable, my story will show that much.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

Correct.

Define Psychic manipulation, please?
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Urran wrote:Tieria probably since his brain is really a computer.

Hrm. I'll need to think about this one.

Actually, no I won't. Thanks Torsi, for asking a question that clarified what I was only kicking around as an idea. *gives Torsi a penguin*

The BranRiech wrote:None of mine. Even Kei's vulnerable, my story will show that much.

Excellent.

Torsiedelle wrote:Define Psychic manipulation, please?

WIthout going into too much detail, brainwave manipulation.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:23 pm

And brainwave manipulation would involve messing with thoughts or actions? Aren't brainwaves affected by your actions and thoughts? Sorry, I'm not particularly a genius on the subject.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:And brainwave manipulation would involve messing with thoughts or actions? Aren't brainwaves affected by your actions and thoughts? Sorry, I'm not particularly a genius on the subject.

Messing with thoughts, yes. What are you getting at?

Don't worry, I'm not either. Just pulling random storyline ideas out of thin air.
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Good afternoon everyone! And for all that exists, it is a wonderful day!

This place. Pardes is the name. My definition: it is a RP region comprised of some of the biggest names on the Diplomacy/II/GE&T threads, and one renowned for a respectful and respectable community. I applied to it a week ago. I was very worried I wouldn't get in: there was much talk of the furry side of my nation. It's an MT region, so there were a lot of scared people.

But I just got word that I got in! Holy, I got in! I've been jumping around the house ever since I got home, I have more energy than I've had in days- no, WEEKS!

Getting on your post now, NVE! And...If I may say, I'm glad that we have such a respectful community here. I honestly learn a lot about myself from seeing religious diversity.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:34 pm

That's why I love it here. Where else can such diverse views exist in such harmony?
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse