NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Cerillium wrote:
The Damnatius wrote:
Okedoke, any particular time of day?

I'm hoping by 7PM EST. Fingers crossed on that one.

For the rest: IC notices went out. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=17421435#p17421435

Mkay, I'll factor it in, thanks!
{{{PRAISE THE CLEANSING FIRE, EMBRACE THE BURNING LIGHT}}}

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Saturday schedule - not free until 4:45 or 5 PST earliest
Sunday schedule - not free until 1:30 or 2 PST earliest

I may or may not also have meetings with my project group, Torsi, so could we get the Dora/Katya scene wrapped up tonight?
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Saturday schedule - not free until 4:45 or 5 PST earliest

I may or may not also have meetings with my project group, Torsi, so could we get the Dora/Katya scene wrapped up tonight?

Si.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Saturday schedule - not free until 4:45 or 5 PST earliest

No worry there. I'll pull information from prior posts to use. Conservators can come late.

Good night to all.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Si.

Ta muchly.

Cerillium wrote:No worry there. I'll pull information from prior posts to use. Conservators can come late.

Good night to all.

It's OK, I don't mind. Should free up Katya anyway.

Goodnight Cer.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Cerillium wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:nope. fine with me!

Thanks NA. You put effort into your post. Don't want to give you a one-line reply. I've got something in mind but can't articulate it well tonight.

@NVE. We dub thee Carrie.

Well considering that I found out my date was a joke, and I constantly threaten to burn down the building....
*focuses mind on empty soda can, nothing happens*
Oh well, my schedule is open at both times available for the meeting.
Last edited by The New Velociraptor Empire on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Thanks NA. You put effort into your post. Don't want to give you a one-line reply. I've got something in mind but can't articulate it well tonight.

@NVE. We dub thee Carrie.

Well considering that I found out my date was a joke, and constantly threaten to burn down the building....
*focuses mind on empty soda can, nothing happens*
Oh well, my schedule is open at both times available for the meeting.

>.>

*offers penguin*
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:56 pm

I'll leave this riiighhht here...

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Min

Character Name: Dan Foster (Alias)

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Fae

Character Physical Description: 5’9”; 150lbs; apparent age – 28; actual age – 150.

Character Picture: Dan

Character Unique Skills: Healing & Illusion casting

Character Powers: 2 hands of power, Healing (5) & Illusion (7).
Healing: Most of Dan’s healing ability is inward but he can heal others (albeit slowly). For example, while most Fae’s are particularly weak against cold iron and steel, Dan can withstand being around it longer as his ability is constantly healing himself. This does not make him impervious, and being in the mortal realm, the power has to work twice as hard to keep him from suffering the effects of his vulnerabilities. The longer he is away from steel and iron, the better. Aside that, he can still lift his hand of power to heal the injured; the severity of the injury will determine the amount of time Dan will need to focus. A simple cut is few seconds with a wave of a hand; a broken bone would take days or a week with constant application and likely to severely weaken Dan.
Illusion: The second hand of power and Dan’s preferred and favored ability. He uses the ability to cast artistic illusions as entertainment and a way to refine and hone his power. So far, he is capable of casting convincing illusions that a person can touch, feel, smell and even eat (or at least think they’re eating) & feels full. The defensive side of him (if Dan is angered) can create temporary constructs for a myriad of uses. Ability to cast illusions is limited to a size of a living room. Dan doesn’t focus on the defensive and offensive potential of illusion, the few times that he has have been clumsy, rash and flimsy constructs. Instead, he has mixed his illusionary ability with healing; giving others a sense of calm and inner peace by letting them control the images they wish to see. It has had some success in Faerie.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Cold iron and steel.

Character Background/Biography: Dan is one of very few borne in the Seelie Court in almost a thousand years. Hope and elation spread through the Summer Court and many saw this as the salvation they desperately needed in the waning power of the Seelie Sidhe. Once his powers were recognized, the nobles of the Summer Court took it upon themselves to tutor and mentor him in his ability; though most had ulterior motives to their humble tutelage. Sensing danger that some nobles would take further advantage of his powers, the Queen sent Dan away into the moral realm on a ‘fact finding’ mission but what most know to be as exile. He is not entirely cut from the Summer Court’s grace, however and Dan enjoys a modest stipend and given charge to a business the Queen has opened on his behalf that she thinks will suit his gifts.

Why the character in Bielefeld/Occupation: Artist

URL to Apartment Picture: Dan’s Pad

Link to RP examples: viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=31&t=264384

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Dan is a Fae of the Summer Court exiled to Bielefield under the pretense of a ‘fact finding’ mission. He’s taken it in stride and hopes to make the best of it until he can return to Faerie, though it is unsure when that will be.

Business App
Business Name: Haven
Character that owns it: Dan Foster
What services does it supply: “Holographic” Entertainment & “Holistic” Healing.
Where is it located: Downtown
Standard Operation: Haven was created by the Queen as a means for Dan to continue refining his abilities whilst giving it a function and appeal to society. Here, Dan can cast illusions of anything his viewers wish to see while his healing abilities mend them mentally and emotionally; sometimes even physically. All forms healing are slow, but the objective isn’t to give them a miracle heal, rather a soothing balm and a sense of hope and comfort. The building has a layered enchantment that amplifies Dan’s healing ability while he’s there and a time dilation that lets a visitor experience things longer than usual. The average person could feel as though they have been in Haven for an entire day, when in essence they have only been there for an hour or two (at most). Reservations can be made based on client needs and the store does close to meet client requirements, but Haven will be normally open to the public 9am – 7pm.
Them Song to Haven
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Calvinus.exe is not responding...

Would you like to close the program?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:35 pm

The Damnatius wrote:Calvinus.exe is not responding...

:?:
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Yes.

And I swear to god, if it doesn't close, but goes to that "Windows is looking for a solution" crap, I'm throwing the computer out the window. :p
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:

Yes.

And I swear to god, if it doesn't close, but goes to that "Windows is looking for a solution" crap, I'm throwing the computer out the window. :p

Are you sure? All unsaved progress will be erased.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm back! Rehearsal dinner was wonderful! We have family from India now. I got a cute video of my dad dancing with a short Indian woman, aunt Rashti. If you guys want to see it.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:48 pm

The Damnatius wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:
Yes.

*Clicks X-button furiously, Ctrl-Alt-Dlt's, holds down power button, sticks acetylene welding torch to motherboard.*
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Urran wrote:I'm back! Rehearsal dinner was wonderful! We have family from India now. I got a cute video of my dad dancing with a short Indian woman, aunt Rashti. If you guys want to see it.

Hey Cliff. Sure, why not?
mumblemumblemumble

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
The Damnatius wrote:

*Clicks X-button furiously, Ctrl-Alt-Dlt's, holds down power button, sticks acetylene welding torch to motherboard.*

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Might not post for a little while. I'm moving to my phone, which needs to charge for a bit, and I'll be playing a bit of XBOX with friends while it does so.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Might not post for a little while. I'm moving to my phone, which needs to charge for a bit, and I'll be playing a bit of XBOX with friends while it does so.

Mmk. I'll finish fooding, and work on apps for other RPs.
mumblemumblemumble

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:12 pm

excuse poor quality, best I could do on an ipod :palm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgpWAnaSlI
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:33 pm

OK, back.

1. Watch
Urran wrote:excuse poor quality, best I could do on an ipod :palm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgpWAnaSlI

2. Reply Torsi

3. Apps

4. Profit
mumblemumblemumble

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm sorry but I'm exhausted. Tomorrow evening Tilt and Torsie, we can discuss plans and continue with the Tora/Yoshi scene.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Urran wrote:I'm sorry but I'm exhausted. Tomorrow evening Tilt and Torsie, we can discuss plans and continue with the Tora/Yoshi scene.

Good by me. I'm getting pretty tired myself, but I'll stick around to free up Dora.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:59 pm

We should post the Yoshi/Katya collab soon....
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Urran wrote:I'm sorry but I'm exhausted. Tomorrow evening Tilt and Torsie, we can discuss plans and continue with the Tora/Yoshi scene.

No worries Cliffster.

Urran wrote:We should post the Yoshi/Katya collab soon....

Torsiedelle wrote:Good by me. I'm getting pretty tired myself, but I'll stick around to free up Dora.

When are you guys doing that? So I know if I should have Dora break off now; otherwise it'd be more in character for her to stick around.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:16 pm

I know the collab is at night...but didn't the place in the collab have a lot of detail? Perhaps you should put an app up for it, Urran?
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse