NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun May 25, 2014 2:26 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Again staying quiet while the others made their way into the bank, Bran simply sat and watched once more. He was feeling a bit sullen, knowing that they might not survive the night. He knew the feeling well though, so accepting it back into his life was easy, but it still left that idea in his head that he'd much rather be someplace other than here.

"Oh, I could help Torii up." He offered, hearing Marcus' offer to do the same.

Feeling like he needed to help people out a bit more, he approached the group.

"Hey Bran," Marcus nodded to the man. "I was about to boost Torii up so Nick could get into the vent. You know, the more I think about it, I don't see why we don't just break down the door."

Then again, the door look heavily reinforced.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun May 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Contrary to both Marcus' initial command-like reaction and the advice from Nex and Am, Dia had decided enough was enough. For all that he and his were (wrongly) considered heralds of Death, they never brought it. What they valued was life, and if that meant his own's top was about to empty - well, a curveball was a curveball. Never mind that Fate could make it fly backward, do a barrel roll, and then open itself up like a banana peel for someone to slip on.

He grit his teeth and rolled off the cars. In the blink of an eye, he was on the roof of the building across from the textile factory. A series of divots marked the places where he'd literally slammed his armored feet into the walls of the building and sprung up it.

Lying flat, again, he crawled to the far edge and melted a hole in the roof railing, hopefully to see down the road from which the nanite stream had come. The sudden exertion had him sweating and panting inside his armor; but its nature as a highly heat-resistant suit helped to insulate him from sensors. At least partially. He hoped.

It was impeccably delicate and refined in movement but, despite the surreal beauty, the unit standing in the street had the potential to be every bit as deadly as FUBAR. It was unclear if the machine was crafted by Drones or some unknown faction. It stood nearly ten feet in height. The slender appendages extending from its underbelly undulated like silken scarves in the breeze as they reached down to softly caress the nanites swirling around its three legs. It seemed unperturbed by Dia's presence or, more likely, it was unaware of him.

His position allowed him to see that the black water flowed down other streets as well. A second walker appeared in the distance then a third, each moving like patient shepherds leading goat flocks across a grazing meadow.

He'd gone unseen. So much the better; but now, how best to get word back to the others? Most of them were in the bank.

He took a deep breath, then let it out again. Freezing time as he went, he drifted slowly back to the others. The cluster of teens seemed to be talking amongst themselves, and so he left them alone for a bit. Stretching out an arm to the nearby Dani, he tapped her on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, miss. What do you know about a ten-foot-tall three-legged thingy with a bunch of wires under it and what looks like green eyes?"
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun May 25, 2014 5:43 pm

"Yea, agreed. As far as I'm concerned, you're one of my best friends, too. You, Gio, and Myra. You guys are cool.", Torii smiled back. She always had a wide grin on her face, not outright smiling, and her eyes were wide open, almost gazing into whoever she was watching. It was a really happy look.

Torii looked back and forth between Marcus and Bran. "Well, if anyone is going to boost me up, then let's do it, but breaking down the door is probably a lot quicker, not to mention everyone could get through, and not just me and Nick. Whadya guys say? Marcus is strong, Mr. Nikanor, and I bet that Varona and some of the older guys are, too. We can bust it down if we all tried, and, if not, we could use magic or an energy weapon to melt the chain off."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun May 25, 2014 6:13 pm

"Makes sense."

Bran looked at the door and shrugged. He could definitely help break down the door, or at least help Torii up into the vent. "How about this, we get Torii into the vent, and she helps get the door open from the inside? We break it open easier if we get some help from the inside?"

He looked back at the door, and shook his head.

"Nah."

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 pm

The BranRiech wrote:"Makes sense."

Bran looked at the door and shrugged. He could definitely help break down the door, or at least help Torii up into the vent. "How about this, we get Torii into the vent, and she helps get the door open from the inside? We break it open easier if we get some help from the inside?"

He looked back at the door, and shook his head.

"Nah."

At that point, Nick decided to throw his two cents in. Establishing a rather limited connection with Marcus as well, he started talking to both him and Torii.

<I'm not bad with locks, at least if I can reach them. Also- aren't we trying to find a place that's hard to get into for safety and protection? Wouldn't breaking the door nullify that- doesn't it lead to the vault? I mean, really! (Feeling of frustration)>

The cat was feeling a bit more snappish than typical. As far as he could tell, it might be due to the situation, is might be Torii, it might be due to myriad other things... Although he was also feeling some emotion too faint to identify, which did point to it being a result of that emotion-based power.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Mon May 26, 2014 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Sun May 25, 2014 9:14 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
He'd gone unseen. So much the better; but now, how best to get word back to the others? Most of them were in the bank.

He took a deep breath, then let it out again. Freezing time as he went, he drifted slowly back to the others. The cluster of teens seemed to be talking amongst themselves, and so he left them alone for a bit. Stretching out an arm to the nearby Dani, he tapped her on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, miss. What do you know about a ten-foot-tall three-legged thingy with a bunch of wires under it and what looks like green eyes?"

Dani jumped lightly at his tap; her eyes had been rather fixated on the very thing in question, so she was rather mentally preoccupied when Dia came upon her. She nearly punched him, as ineffective as that would be, but her reactions were strange. Controlling them was an art not even she had mastered.

To the question, she peered out again, more suspiciously, "It isn't a Drone.. or.. no, it can't be a Guardian, unless its been modified.." She said, almost muttering to herself, reminiscing to the spindly, multi-legged horrors that she'd seen released en masse throughout the last invasion. Guardians were particularly smart, she wondered if this was one that had self-adapted, though its structural form was much too different.

"Whatever it is, we can hope it keeps distance. We certainly know nothing of its potential." She remarked, in truth merely thinking out loud. She studied its features just to be sure it couldn't be Drone - and if it wasn't - what was it? In times like this, her curiosity peaked beyond all measure, what she would do just to study the damned thing. Quite a shame such a specimen was so unavailable.
Last edited by The Drone Empire on Sun May 25, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon May 26, 2014 7:48 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:
At that point, Nick decided to throw his two cents in. Establishing a rather limited connection with Marcus as well, he started talking to both him and Torii.

<I'm not bad with locks, at least if I can reach them. Also- aren't we trying to find a place that's hard to get into for safety and protection? Wouldn't breaking the door nullify that- doesn't it lead to the vault? I mean, really! (Feeling of frustration)>

The cat was feeling a bit more snappish than typical. As far as he could tell, it might be due to the situation, is might be Torii, it might be due to myriad other things... Although he was also feeling some emotion too faint to identify, which did point to it being a result of that emotion-based power.

Marcus' eye slowly widened. He seldom believed half the crap Cultists told him. In fact, he thought Wren was in on the joke. Sure, let's mess with the boy's head and tell him an ordinary cat was a mentalist.

"The vault would be a really large, think door made of metal," he replied, somewhat bemused that he was holding a conversation with a cat. "Um, I'm Marcus, by the way. I hope you don't mind being pet. Rude of me to assume you wanted to be. I think Torii is just asking you to scout the vent, so you won't have to worry about the door on the other side. She's small enough to squeeze through and unlock it, and Bran and I can boost her up on this side."

FUBAR was uncomfortable with the notion that he was a target on the Bank's dome. The unit lowered itself and appeared at the entrance. Such is the tenacity and prowess of a Drone that one should be able to squeeze through those doors without destroying them. FUBAR wormed its way in a bit at a time until it was occupying roughly a quarter of the lobby itself.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 26, 2014 10:22 am

Cerillium wrote:
Terintania wrote:
Nex shook Marcus' hand and listened to him introducing everyone, nodding to each of them in turn, as they were mentioned, even though it was basically a guarantee that none of them were really paying enough attention to see the nod. "Thank you for the introductions," He said to Marcus, giving him a nod as well. Once the introductions were over, Nex glanced around, wondering if there was anything anyone needed assistance with. Suddenly, his mind went to Am. Was he alright out there? He was fairly certain that the Tilktep knew how to survive against these enemies, and he didn't get the sense that Am was dead or dying, but since he didn't know if his powers even worked for Tilktep, he wanted to know for sure.

Am. Are you alright out there? If you can get to the bank, I'm sure no one would mind if you came in, He said in his mind, wondering if Am would even hear him, or what the range was to the mental connection. He also wondered how long it was supposed to last.

"I'll wait for the shepherds to pass, Friend Nex," came the faint reply.

The Tilktep hadn't gone far in his quest to obscure himself from the grazing machines. Height was the key; the black nanites never bothered to travel beyond ground level. Am was perched on a paper factory not too far from the bank. He lifted a hing leg and kicked himself in the head to scrape away grime. A soft dander cloud momentarily haloed his skull and then was swept away by the evening breeze.

"Troublesome, aren't they? You should wait, too. Dusk and dawn, every day. It's clockwork. They're scanning and analyzing microbes. They'll deconstruct you if you give them the chance. All avoid them. Nifid, Drone, Cultist. Even Cthulhu bugs out although, due to size and attitude, the resident monster-freaks can stand their ground and claim some areas in the city. Their shepherds are nasty work. Death upon you should you threaten their flock. We don't know what they follow or to whom they belong. They come, they flow, they move on. Eternally moving in strange patterns, always the same dance to silent music."

Am's mind opened to allow Nex a quick view of the street he happened to be glancing down. The colors were more vibrant and, despite the growing dark, every object was as clear as if viewed under a noonday sun. The world swirled as Am's head turned (possibly slightly nauseating Nex) and then they pierced the gloom to briefly settle on what little of Dia could be seen from his rooftop hiding spot.

Marcus had offered a polite "you're welcome" to Nex before moving towards Torii and Nick. He hesitated and then reached forward with his organic hand to gently rub Nick under his chin. He'd figured the cat wouldn't have anything to say but at least the gesture might help calm him.

"They come at dusk and dawn every day? Everywhere, or just in this area of the city?" Nex asked, thinking that he should probably tell the others about that fact. As Am continued to explain the nanites and whatnot, he decided it really was a good idea to tell the others, and avoid that nanites and much as possible. When Am moved his head, Nex swayed slightly, disoriented. If his eyes had been closed, it probably wouldn't have been that bad, but since he still had his eyes open, it was quite strange. He examined the scene the best he could when the eyes that were seeing it weren't his. The 'Shepherds' reminded something he had seem briefly on a movie. "Stay safe," He said to Am, in sort of a parting way. For now, anyway. Since Am was staying outside for now, and he didn't have anything else to say.
Times are looking grim these days~

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon May 26, 2014 12:43 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

Dani jumped lightly at his tap; her eyes had been rather fixated on the very thing in question, so she was rather mentally preoccupied when Dia came upon her. She nearly punched him, as ineffective as that would be, but her reactions were strange. Controlling them was an art not even she had mastered.

To the question, she peered out again, more suspiciously, "It isn't a Drone.. or.. no, it can't be a Guardian, unless its been modified.." She said, almost muttering to herself, reminiscing to the spindly, multi-legged horrors that she'd seen released en masse throughout the last invasion. Guardians were particularly smart, she wondered if this was one that had self-adapted, though its structural form was much too different.

"Whatever it is, we can hope it keeps distance. We certainly know nothing of its potential." She remarked, in truth merely thinking out loud. She studied its features just to be sure it couldn't be Drone - and if it wasn't - what was it? In times like this, her curiosity peaked beyond all measure, what she would do just to study the damned thing. Quite a shame such a specimen was so unavailable.

"Not even you?" Dia rumbled, though there was no irritation in his voice. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"I'm supposing it wouldn't be a good idea to give it a little poke and see what happens." He glanced at Varona, near the door, and then at Ki and August (wherever they were). "Maybe the five of us could go scouting and observe it for a while? It, and the nanites around it, didn't seem to notice me." He waved inclusively at the other three, so Dani would know whom he was referring to.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Mon May 26, 2014 9:01 pm

"Hey, if you all are thinking of breaking through the bank door I could help. if I concentrate enough force behind it, I could make a magical impact that could deal roughly a ton of force or maybe a bit more. Possibly. I haven't ever really measured it, but I have picked things up that are around that weight so it would just be a reverse of that I would guess. I'd just need to focus magic to one point, possibly the bank vault's lock, and break it open with force.

"Or like I think someone said earlier, I could use that same magic to force the tumblers open or the mechanisms into the place where they would be open if I was given enough time. Either or. Just tell me and I can get to work on either." Sterling gave a nod and a smile as he trotted up to the group who was discussing the ideas for getting into the vault. He glanced around at the group, before continuing again. "I could also use my magic to boost someone up to the vent, and then break the lock. we'd need someone on the inside to push it open probably, if I just broke the locking mechanism. Or just to get them in there to figure out some other way of opening up the vault. Either way I would like to make myself useful after being generally just dead weight up until now."
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue May 27, 2014 2:55 pm

"I think Sterling's sounds the fastest," Giovenith quipped up, rising from the floor and dusting things off. "Plus, if we use his magic to force open the tumblers, then we don't have to break it, just in case it needs full closing. That way we can still get out from the inside."
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue May 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Natiya calmly followed along, taking in the bustling urban scene she was looking at, reading every little sign she could as Aleki guided her into a building. "This is the place, eh?" She smiled, looking around. Not much had changed in the art of lobbies over the years somehow, but the sounds of manufacturing sounded a bit closer than usual, and the glow from the forges (Or what she assumed were such) provided a nice lighting effect in the front.

Aleki walked up to the counter and ringed the bell a couple times.

"I heard you ving zhe bell zhe virst time!" Bellowed a rough baritone voice from forges. Moments later, a tall, hefty man with a beer belly and arms as big as tree logs, with a black bushy beard, walks out to the counter. "Now zhe, vhat can I help you vith?"

"Yes, it's me, Aleki Smyth, I came to set in an order for an armor set." Aleki replied, as he looked at the man.

"Ah, but vhy vould you need one? You already...." The man paused for a moment and connected the dots from there." Gotch you."

"It's more for me." She grinned, blushing a little bit as Aleki explained. She smiled though, and nodded happily at the man. She wanted to make a good impression, and hopefully she had. Not wanting to betray her background, she said not a word, but kept looking around, stepping a bit closer to Aleki for comfort. Not that it was cold or anything, but just for the feeling of closeness.

--

"I'm fine with just breaking the door down, if that's fine. Could always help out."

Bran backed up a bit, not wanting to be near the door too much if they were going to force it open. He looked to Sterling, and nodded in his direction. "I say we give him a shot, eh?"

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Tribblequest!

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue May 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Ru'hOff clapped the young warrior on the back. "TIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp," he advised with a crafty sneer to his lips. Of course, if his own group spent time hitting them hard and fast would only delay them, and he breathed in relief when Mezran suggested they move out. He hid his sneaking suspicion that Ha'nS had messed with things.

"Come," Ha'nS laughed, "Let us do as Mezran says. We'll sing long until the night and drink until we fall down." He bestowed a randy grin upon ChryS and adjusted his pack.

Tiltjuice wrote:ChryS paused, hastily wiping away the blood and disguising it with a proud toss of her head. Ha'nS' grin gave her pause. Did he really - ?

Well, she wasn't entirely opposed to it, she admitted to herself after a moment's thought. It was just another way to celebrate who one was. Something in her, though, made her want to throw a goblet at him.

She grinned sharply and followed her companions.

“Where in Fek'lhr do you all think you’re going?” The portly warrior asked gruffly, having stayed outside with a few more of his men while he polished off the rest of the bloodwine for the targ hide canteen. He wiped his whiskers with his forearm, a belch muffled by it but the odor was enough for Mezran to make a low rumble, or perhaps it was the question that annoyed him more.

Glaring at the old warrior, Mezran responded impatiently while putting his weapons away, “Where we please! Where else!?”

“We have more caves to to burn those yIntagh'pu out of existence, you cannot leave now!” The old man said with a huff, fussing over his worn leather glove while he was at it.

“Then as I told the young pup in there, deal with them, we’ve had our fill and we have slain more of those vermin that half the guild out here! Our actions are worthy of song and drink! Now be on your way, or I’ll feed you to the scum myself!”

The old man chortled, thinking it a joke and perhaps it was given how cuddly and innocuous the creatures were, “As though they have a taste for Klingon flesh!”

“They will from you!” Mezran said, a snide grin forming and gained the captain a mumbled curse from the old man who shook his head, seeing no reason to pursue the matter any longer.

Not wasting another moment with the newcomers, the tribblegroup left and began their march back to the city. Mezran hummed a few songs he knew of as they marched back which soon turned out to be a one man chorus as his voice coincided with the stomping of his boots and the swing of his arms in dramatic performance for a few verses. He didn’t know if his voice was any pleasant and the warrior was too elated for a day well spent to care. The saving grace being his weapons were sheathed lest he faced two cultists and a conservator to which he truly knew not of their true potential if they got annoyed. The heat had lessened considerably, like a blanket that managed to capture the fading warmth of a body, fleeting yet comfortable, and thus their hike back to Varth was quicker than usual.

The city was busy as usual, but with the sun setting to the east, (yes east, because Qo’Nos is odd like that), its residents were moving at a different pace as though the energy in them were waning and not so frazzled as it was earlier in the morning. The little ones however ran around with the same vigor they had this morning, some with fake swords and spears and the adults were torn from chastising their children or doing business with merchants. Dotting the streets were warriors from all corners of the homeworld, also returning to their stations while some kept vigilance in maintaining the city's security. Varth’s Chosen already had its doors open to a few that had made it back before them.

The old crone was standing outside.

“So, got tired of fighting the parasitic filth did you? Maybe you’ll do better in Kahless’ campaign, its less strenuous than fighting a horde of fur, I hear, much easier challenge for the sorry lot of you.”

Mezran glowered at the woman, he bared his teeth in a sharp smile, “This must be your usual charm, how else could you have been matriarch of this place for this long.”

The crone chuckled, shaking her head, “Inside, inside, there’s food and drink to be had. Our next campaign against the vermin won’t begin for another two cycles and we have bounty to divvy up.”

“Good!” Mezran cheered, he turned to face his companions, “Come, my friends! Let us feast!”

Though the captain looked forward to a good meal and a stiff drink, the Klingon would find a twist – a pang – of… what was it? Guilt? Sadness? He didn’t know how to classify it, only that he knew by the end of the night, when the moon was at its peak, they would be gone.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Tue May 27, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motoneuron
Attaché

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Motoneuron » Tue May 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Ki picked up the sound of conversation coming from below. He heard something about how to get into a vault but couldn't understand all of what was said. He looked down to the entrance that the others had used, without much hesitation he jumped off the ledge of the, using his claws and wings to swing himself in through the entrance and landed gently on the ground just inside the entrance. He quickly began looking around and assessing the situation.

He looked up and down the bank vault to see if he could find any way in. He didn't know much about cracking locks and the thick metal would almost certainly be too much for his claws. Perhaps breaking in from a different angle where there was less protection. He decided to listen to the ideas that the others had before speaking since he didn't really have a solid plan.
<3 Loving Mate of New Aksarben<3

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue May 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
Primordial smiled at her before taking one of the threats Insidious was offering. “Youd be surprised how busy on can be when their trying to turn this…” he handed her a small test tube of grey dust “into your old friend.” He paused to look around a strange mixture of emotions crossing his face. “This is a small storage unit we bought a few years ago, it in a city close to Belefield but far enough to be outside any potential danger zones.”

"Hehe, Pods," Naomi giggled. She immediately thought of the storage company, and 'pods' seemed to fit with Luxan flavor.

Her curiosity was drawn to the vial, though, and she carefully turned it over in her hand to study it. "Poor Aegis, he's just not feeling like his usual self." Naomi bestowed a kiss upon the glass and gingerly handed it back to Primordial. Gods only knew what would happen if it broke on the floor. She didn't think Aegis would appreciate being swept into a dust pan.

"So, where does he go from here? How will you make him whole again?"

"Each part of his body is compressed and combined into that powder." Primordial said walking back to the books "One specks his thumb, another his neck, another his shoulder. I have to find the chemicals that can heal him and then I can use the rites of the Lurker to bring him back."
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue May 27, 2014 9:23 pm

The BranRiech wrote:"It's more for me." She grinned, blushing a little bit as Aleki explained. She smiled though, and nodded happily at the man. She wanted to make a good impression, and hopefully she had. Not wanting to betray her background, she said not a word, but kept looking around, stepping a bit closer to Aleki for comfort. Not that it was cold or anything, but just for the feeling of closeness.

Aleki looked at Natiya for a moment and smiled, intertwining his fingers with hers before he looked back at the man. "So, I heard that you give options to armor, such as types of materials used, power ups, and other auxiliary involved with the suit."

The German nodded and added, "Ya, ve do, but ve even include color schemes and patterns to armor, making it as close as possible to designer's liking. Hovever, zhe cost to it all is very steep. Of course, noving you can't handle, kommandant." He smiled as he pulled out a holo pad and a pen designed for it out from behind the counter. "Nov zhen, vhat vill you like?" He asked, giving a glance at Natiya.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed May 28, 2014 4:11 am

Oh boy . . .

Natiya had no idea that she'd get any choice in the matter, and thought to herself for a few seconds. If she was going to have a set of armor, it would obviously be her favorite colors. "Hmm, well the colors should be easy enough, but I'll need a runthrough of the materials I could choose from." She nodded in understanding. "The main color should be blue, same as my clothes right now, and then with the detail coloring as white and black."

She looked through the Holo-pad, trying to decipher what was on it.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed May 28, 2014 12:58 pm

And so it was by a freak occurrence of circumstances and a hell of a lot of GM godmoddery that several people all attempted to open the door at the exact same time. The sound of clattering dice caused the dog to lift his head. He studied the small blackish cubes as they skipped across the hard surface of the GM's home office and, without even so much as saying 'please', he grabbed the top percentile the moment it dropped to the floor. Thus, everyone was spared great sorrow because, without that all-important die, everyone managed to make the saving throw.

(The dog couldn't care less and was more concerned over the rough manhandling he received the moment his owner thrust a finger into his sharp-toothed Pomeranian mouth to pry the die out again. Damn dog.)

Sterling's magic unlocked the door just as Bran and Marcus lashed out with their legs. The result was the door swinging open with a bang and nearly hitting Nick as he dropped from the vent. Bran and Marcus tumbled forward into the teller area. Luckily for everyone else, Varona wasn't spooked and didn't accidentally discharge her weapon and FUBAR was actually watching the door-busting efforts and thus didn't register any untoward threat at the loud sound.

Because I really did try to kill some of you. Call it spite. Call it whimsy. You should all send dog treats to Keba in gratitude.

Bran and Marcus had a better view of the teller area now. The space hadn't seen traffic in some time and it was apparent that people fled quickly. Money littered the floor and several drawers were still open. A set of keys had been dropped and was covered in a dusty layer. One of them was bound to unlock the door marked Private.

Marcus took the keys and unlocked the door. It opened onto a rather dark hallway where the employees had a lounge, the management had offices and, of course, the safe was located. The safe was a behemoth which contained lock boxes; the main door was ajar (because the die is soaking in soapy water); the inner area much too dark to see into. Little if any natural light crept past the teller area.

The lad peered at Bran and then at the companions still in the bank lobby. "Do we set up camp?" His mind was now dwelling on the fact that something had averted the nanites from exploring the bank and he wondered if it was as unoccupied as it seemed.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed May 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Varona, having jumped a bit at the slam of the door, now had her full attention to it. Their goal seemed achieved for now, but she still had a long way to go before she could rest. She stood up after checking the door and walked to the others. "Well, it seems all went well, so I do believe it's time to set up camp. The sooner everyone starts getting their rest in, the better they'll feel." She said. She looked to Bran and Torii. "I'd like my pistols back, if you don't mind." She had two hands on her rifles, so two of her other hands came up from out of her cloak with their palms up, expecting to have her possessions returned. She looked to Marcus. "I'll try to scrounge up a couple bricks to make a doorstop."
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed May 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Torii watched the men work on the door with some comfort, knowing that they were past the lobby now. She wondered if FUBAR would be keeping watch at the door while they went further in, and she stayed near the back now. Finding that the place had been left in a hurry reminded her that they weren't in a happy place. The money about the floor gave her an idea, however. She wondered if it was still good, picking a few, more valuable, bills up and folding them into her back pocket. She could buy her friends a little gift with it, if it was still valuable.

When Varona asked for her pistol, Torii had little complaint. "Sure thing, Miss.", She said, handing the pistol from her pocket to the strange woman. I didn't have to use it, thankfully."

She handed the rest of the ammo to her as well, and crossed her arms as she followed everybody. The hallway to the vault was creepy, she thought, and, while she expected the door to be open, it still creeped her out, and she always thought of vaults as being the stereotypical, cog-wheel styled doors, which didn't seem to be the case. She wished it was brighter in there. What if there was something scary inside? She was glad she was with a tough bunch, and she still didn't feel right with being unarmed.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed May 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Kale watched in awe as Sterling opened the vault door. She jumped a foot as it slammed into the wall. She looked to Sterling when he finished. "Wow, that was amazing!" she said in a gleeful tone.

Her head turned to Marcus as he asked whether to set up camp. She nodded at him and said, "Yes. We got to where we wanted to today. No sense in overextending our journey." she giggled. "Plus, I'm a tad tired. The march to here and the bridge took some out of me." She didn't quite show it, but she was quite tired.

Kale walked to where Joe was, placing a hand on the rim of his platform top. Joe, stimulated by the gesture, lowered himself to the ground until he laid flat against it. The food and the remaining water laid atop the flattened plant. She made her way to one of the barrels, trying to lift it up. But no matter what she tried, she couldn't lift the heavy barrel upright.

She panted softly, her energy wasted. She giggled nervously. It was ironic, really. Just minutes before she had saved the others with her magic, becoming a hero. But now she needed help to just lift a barrel upright. She frowned in disappointment. She had an amazing ability, yet she herself lacked physically. Could she depend on just using her magic? What if she couldn't use it? She was a weak little girl without her magic. She ruminated on these thoughts for a bit before remembering.

Kale turned her head to Marcus. "Marcus? Can you help me with this barrel?" she said sweetly.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed May 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Having been nicely secured to her during their travels, Giovenith adjusted the bundled blankets on her back and mentally prepared how she would set things up, and to whom she would give what. Giovenith also knew some of the basics of keeping warm in general (sticking close, putting up space reflect your body heat), and considering they'd been just fine at the apartment, she was confident that warmth for the night wouldn't be an issue. She still had quite a few cans hidden in the blankets too, which, along with any food brought by others, would keep them fueled for the night.

"I'll bet some offices might even have small couches to sleep on for some of us," Giovenith threw into the mix of conversations, sounding happily satisfied. "This was a really good pick, you guys." Immediately she began to untie her satchel from around her shoulders, but waited to take out the contents until they were settled. "Still, no need to be off guard. Other than people on watch, we should all stick to the place we settle on, no midnight wandering."
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed May 28, 2014 3:18 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Kale watched in awe as Sterling opened the vault door. She jumped a foot as it slammed into the wall. She looked to Sterling when he finished. "Wow, that was amazing!" she said in a gleeful tone.

Her head turned to Marcus as he asked whether to set up camp. She nodded at him and said, "Yes. We got to where we wanted to today. No sense in overextending our journey." she giggled. "Plus, I'm a tad tired. The march to here and the bridge took some out of me." She didn't quite show it, but she was quite tired.

Kale walked to where Joe was, placing a hand on the rim of his platform top. Joe, stimulated by the gesture, lowered himself to the ground until he laid flat against it. The food and the remaining water laid atop the flattened plant. She made her way to one of the barrels, trying to lift it up. But no matter what she tried, she couldn't lift the heavy barrel upright.

She panted softly, her energy wasted. She giggled nervously. It was ironic, really. Just minutes before she had saved the others with her magic, becoming a hero. But now she needed help to just lift a barrel upright. She frowned in disappointment. She had an amazing ability, yet she herself lacked physically. Could she depend on just using her magic? What if she couldn't use it? She was a weak little girl without her magic. She ruminated on these thoughts for a bit before remembering.

Kale turned her head to Marcus. "Marcus? Can you help me with this barrel?" she said sweetly.

"Sure thing, Kale," Marcus replied. He left Bran to figure out the vault door's nuances.

Hauling the water and other supplies to the vault seemed like a good idea but, until they had a good light source, Marcus figured stacking them behind the teller counter would be the best option. They could form a bucket chain and pass everything down the hall once things looked brighter. He still had his small flashlight but surely they could rely on someone's magic for a time? Perhaps FUBAR could provide light. He wasn't certain.

"Maybe we could drag the couches into the vault, Giovenith?" A grin crept to his face once more. "Teen Club: Revisited. The thick metal walls will keep us warmer than marble ones. Plus, the offices might have plaster or drywall walls. That crap absorbs heat. It's a shame it doesn't have a fireplace. We have plenty of money to burn."

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed May 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:"Each part of his body is compressed and combined into that powder." Primordial said walking back to the books "One specks his thumb, another his neck, another his shoulder. I have to find the chemicals that can heal him and then I can use the rites of the Lurker to bring him back."

Naomi pushed aside thoughts of Aegis reforming missing a thumb or an eye simply because someone forgot to scrap the flake from the cauldron. It was an unsettling feeling.

"Lurker? Bones is going to help?"

Her eyes scanned the room in expectation of an old and familiar face squeezing out from between two books. Maybe he was hiding under a desk or in someone's pocket. But no, that was foolish. He hadn't been by in a long while. She embraced the painful twinge that pierced her heart and let out a soft sigh. "I suppose not, huh?"
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed May 28, 2014 3:41 pm

"Another Teen hangout for the night?", Torii lit up with excitement in the back. "That would be awesome! We could all cuddle up and tell stories, and plan for stuff we wanna do when we all get home, huh? It would help us escape for while, too."

She kicked at the ground a bit and blushed. "Besides, I love you guys. I think we oughtta hang out more. Oh, and why burn money when we can take it all home and splurge on new clothes, or food, or games?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse