NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

FORTU, RAY, TORII

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:25 pm

The shape began to rapidly advance on them. The ooze filled the lower end of the hall. It was blackish tar that rolled along at a fast clip. It would soon reach Ray and most likely spill into the side room.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Pippa-Michelle was duly surprised by Bran's incineration, putting her hands to her mouth and gasping.

"... W-Waffles fifty-percent off...?" she asked, kneeling down on her slender legs and speaking to the dust that was left behind. "Wa... ffles...?"

He had left her. He had just left her all alone, destroying himself without destroying her first. Pippa-Michelle wasn't heartbroken, but she was very confused. Why would a fleshy do such a thing to itself? He had not even given her a last commandment.

Or had he? The Bran-fleshy had wanted her to return to the building. Why ever could that have been? Would she be dismantled there? On the way? Why had the world become so very strange? It was all she had to go on, though. Fleshies always knew what they were doing, didn't they? What just happened now, whatever would happen next... it must have all been part of their plan. Yes. The greater plan for her existence, and it's eventual demise.

Pippa-Michelle gave a little bye-bye wave to the pile of dust that was once Bran, and made her way off of the bus. It was time to go home, he had said.

---

Giovenith felt ice water run through her veins upon hearing the voice, but chose to ignore it and make her way along through the shrubbery and hiding places. The godling tried her best to avoid going into the open, but also to avoid treading into parts that were too clustered and might hide other things, walking as quickly and carefully as she could.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:29 pm

"Quick! Before it get's us!" Fortu shouted after a brief glance back, he was unsure what it was, but knew it was not good news. He sprinted for the glow of the door Prim entered and looked back to see if they were keeping pace.

"Don't stop!" he urged Ray, but did not know his name to shout.

He ran in the door and waited for everyone to be inside to shut it or for the thing to get too close for comfort.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Ignoring the urge to open fire on the strange being, Ray followed Fortu's rule and bolted in the other direction. He ran in through the door held open by Fortu and stopped, waiting for everyone else and taking a bit of time to catch his breat.

"Hell, you don't have to tell me to get moving....Wait, aren't you Dr. Martin Fortu? I believe I saw you once...Was it in an image?"
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

FORTU, RAY, TORII

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Naomi didn't need to be told twice. She sprinted next to Fortu and Ray. She ignored the pain in her arm and nearly ran into Primordial.

"Go! Let's go! We can go?! Please, let's go!" She glanced in horror as the glob bore down on Torii. "RUN!"

She disappeared through the open door followed by Primordial. Insidious had stepped inside already. Only Torii remained in the hall.

"Shut the door if she won't move! Shut it!"
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Torii didn't even need to think. She turned and ran right behind Naomi, as fast as she could, and getting even faster. If given the chance, she might not even hesitate to throw someone else down for the beast, if only it would save her.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Pippa-Michelle was duly surprised by Bran's incineration, putting her hands to her mouth and gasping.

"... W-Waffles fifty-percent off...?" she asked, kneeling down on her slender legs and speaking to the dust that was left behind. "Wa... ffles...?"

He had left her. He had just left her all alone, destroying himself without destroying her first. Pippa-Michelle wasn't heartbroken, but she was very confused. Why would a fleshy do such a thing to itself? He had not even given her a last commandment.

Or had he? The Bran-fleshy had wanted her to return to the building. Why ever could that have been? Would she be dismantled there? On the way? Why had the world become so very strange? It was all she had to go on, though. Fleshies always knew what they were doing, didn't they? What just happened now, whatever would happen next... it must have all been part of their plan. Yes. The greater plan for her existence, and it's eventual demise.

Pippa-Michelle gave a little bye-bye wave to the pile of dust that was once Bran, and made her way off of the bus. It was time to go home, he had said.

As she made her way towards the building, she would her footsteps behind her. They would match her for every step. If she ran, they would run. If she stopped, they would stop.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

FORTU, RAY, TORII

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Insidious slammed the door just as the blob struck it. She slipped the lock in place. The blob slammed it again and caused a dent but it held.

They were able to finally catch their breath and get their bearings. The room they'd stepped into was large. Bare bulbs dangled from thin wires overhead to illuminate the space. The middle of the room contained only one thing – Blossom.

She hung from the ceiling by a thick cable wrapped around her wrists. It bit into her skin. A second cable tethered her to the floor and was attached to manacles fastened to her ankles. She was nude and her body strained against the tension. She was grimacing from the pain. Unable to speak, unable to move, unable to think; a puppet caught between masters. A large key was clamped tight in her jaws.

The opposite side of the room held a door with small glass windows too small to squeeze through. Beyond it was the Building. The doors themselves looked very old. They were heavy and perhaps made of iron. There was a slot for the key.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Giovenith

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Giovenith wrote:Giovenith felt ice water run through her veins upon hearing the voice, but chose to ignore it and make her way along through the shrubbery and hiding places. The godling tried her best to avoid going into the open, but also to avoid treading into parts that were too clustered and might hide other things, walking as quickly and carefully as she could.

A loud, metallic groan came from the direction of Memorial Park. The giraffe slowly turned its head to follow Giovenith as she moved.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:43 pm

"You've heard of me?" he asked Ray, as he was relived that the door held.

He was unnerved by the body as he shined the torch on Blossom. He was unsure if she was one of those things that hunted them.

"Well, someone has to get that key." he remarked, and hoped he wouldn't have to do it.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Cerillium wrote:Insidious slammed the door just as the blob struck it. She slipped the lock in place. The blob slammed it again and caused a dent but it held.

They were able to finally catch their breath and get their bearings. The room they'd stepped into was large. Bare bulbs dangled from thin wires overhead to illuminate the space. The middle of the room contained only one thing – Blossom.

She hung from the ceiling by a thick cable wrapped around her wrists. It bit into her skin. A second cable tethered her to the floor and was attached to manacles fastened to her ankles. She was nude and her body strained against the tension. She was grimacing from the pain. Unable to speak, unable to move, unable to think; a puppet caught between masters. A large key was clamped tight in her jaws.

The opposite side of the room held a door with small glass windows too small to squeeze through. Beyond it was the Building. The doors themselves looked very old. They were heavy and perhaps made of iron. There was a slot for the key.

Torii's mind ignored everything she thought about Blossom being her friend at this point. She needed that key. She needed to get home.....she was going to get home, even if it meant letting friends die.

"I think we need that key.", She said. "We need it..."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:54 pm

"So long, and thanks for all the fish," said Pippa-Michelle, strolling along her merry way. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. For never was a story of more woe, than this of Juliet and her Romeo. We will make amends ere long; Else the Puck a liar call; So, good night unto you all. Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Robin shall restore amends..."

Pippa-Michelle, upon hearing the footsteps, thought it good to say something nice as a finale if this is what the fleshy had planned. She did not slow down or stop walking, continuing with her commandment to the end, but she did wrack her body for all of the lines inside her that seemed to be finales.

"The World was all before them, where to choose, Thir place of rest, and Providence thir guide: They hand in hand with wandring steps and slow, Through Eden took thir solitarie way." She wondered if it would hurt very much. Curiosity took hold of the golem for a moment, as she turned her head over her shoulder to see whatever could have been sent to follow her. "Home?"

---

Large metal structure that could easily smash her in an instant looking at her... not a good sign. Giovenith wasn't sure what to do about it, other than being on the edge to prepare to run, through other obstacles if necessary. The giraffe's anatomy wasn't exactly built accurately (not that that should matter to a demon), so perhaps it would get tangled before it could impale her with a leg or something? The godling tried crouching more into shadows and jumping about more in her walk to become less noticeable.
she/her

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Ray simply could only stare at Blossom in a sense of horror: the friendly girl who had taken care of him, Albert and Jacob was now trapped in incredibly torturing pain. He placed his left hand over his mouth and put down his AR, and became incredibly emotional. He ignored Fortu's question and focused on poor, poor Blossom. But she had a key in her mouth, and her suffering was immense....No, shooting her wouldn't work. She was a vampire, it probably wouldn't do anything.

So, he walked up to her and tried to reach into her mouth, trying to grab the key clamped between her teeth. "Blossom...I'm so sorry, but we have to take this key. We can try to saw the cables off and get you out, but we need the key," he tried to hold back tears as he spoke. He signaled for someone to try to saw off the cables with the knife, seeing as it was probably the safest method.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

FORTU, RAY, TORII

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Ray’s hand made contact. His body stiffened as the current swept through. Circuits were broken. The mechanism tripped.

The door slammed shut and the floor rumbled. The lights achieved full brightness. Something clacked under their feet and it was answered by a boom far below.

And then their stomachs fluttered as the floor dropped beneath them. Blossom’s body was jerked downward but the cables were stronger. Her spine broke as she was torn in two and her entrails, still tethered to her esophagus and anus, elongated and broke free of their connective tissue. The vampire’s digestive system unraveled like yarn as the floor rushed along its course. The small intestine snapped. Finally free of her lower bonds, what was left of the vampire swung as a grisly bell with only her stomach as a clacker. The liberation was fleeting; the mechanisms on the level above ground their gears. The bare bulbs went out. The entire ceiling fell, shattering the lives of those who were still alive (or clinging to the walls) in the pit below.

Death Toll: 16

Minerva, Yoshi, Chrys, Natiya, the Dunmer, Octavian, Ogoti, Blossom, Luce, Jacob, Bran, NVE, Primordial, Insidious, Fortu, Torii, Ray.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Standing right behind her was a skeleton wearing white gloves and a top hat. In its hand it held an empty burlap sack.

"Get in the bag."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:03 pm

This thing didn't have any flesh.

Pippa-Michelle narrowed her eyes, and pointed in the direction she had been walking. "Home. Home is where the heart is."
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Giovenith

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Large metal structure that could easily smash her in an instant looking at her... not a good sign. Giovenith wasn't sure what to do about it, other than being on the edge to prepare to run, through other obstacles if necessary. The giraffe's anatomy wasn't exactly built accurately (not that that should matter to a demon), so perhaps it would get tangled before it could impale her with a leg or something? The godling tried crouching more into shadows and jumping about more in her walk to become less noticeable.

Three shapes flitted in Gio's peripheral vision. Several more followed suit. All seemed to be darting away from the giraffe.

The metal hulk attempted to raise a leg.

"OHGODOHGODOHGOD!"

The whimpering figure hidden behind the trash can scattered debris as she fled. Naomi hurtled past the other godling and vanished into the fish market. Two blocks. Two blocks away from the building.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Giovenith wrote:This thing didn't have any flesh.

Pippa-Michelle narrowed her eyes, and pointed in the direction she had been walking. "Home. Home is where the heart is."

It then held up a chunk of meat in its other hand.

"Get in the bag."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Giovenith wrote:This thing didn't have any flesh.

It then held up a chunk of meat in its other hand.

"Get in the bag."

That didn't quite suit the golem's qualifications for fleshy, making her slightly miffed that this... thing, would try to take the same position of Waffles, or Geometric Puzzle. They had flown off to some other place far away now, and left their loyal golem with the simple message to go home. And now this odd impersonator was trying to overturn that?

Pippa-Michelle turned around, and continued walking on. It was simple as that in her simple mind.
she/her

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:21 pm

She would find Jacob standing in front of her, holding a bag. Something wasn't right about the way he stood, though. His throat was torn out, and his head was slumped forward. He seemed to be hanging from wires like a puppet.

"Get in the bag," said a voice.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 pm

The same bad commandment as the impostor fleshy? Jacob no longer held himself like a true fleshy either, the light of life that emitted from all of his kind was long gone... yet he moved. Had somebody turned him into a golem? Like the impostor, used for the same bad commandment? How blasphemous! She would not tolerate other non-living things trying to act like they were alive. The lovely stack of paper mache made her way around the Jacob puppet/golem, moving forward with more determination before.
she/her

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Giovenith wrote:The same bad commandment as the impostor fleshy? Jacob no longer held himself like a true fleshy either, the light of life that emitted from all of his kind was long gone... yet he moved. Had somebody turned him into a golem? Like the impostor, used for the same bad commandment? How blasphemous! She would not tolerate other non-living things trying to act like they were alive. The lovely stack of paper mache made her way around the Jacob puppet/golem, moving forward with more determination before.

She would find a brown, burlap... spot... on the ground in front of her.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Three shapes flitted in Gio's peripheral vision. Several more followed suit. All seemed to be darting away from the giraffe.

The metal hulk attempted to raise a leg.

"OHGODOHGODOHGOD!"

The whimpering figure hidden behind the trash can scattered debris as she fled. Naomi hurtled past the other godling and vanished into the fish market. Two blocks. Two blocks away from the building.

The godling's heart began to pick up beats at the recognition of being close home, but she ordered it to calm down, refusing to allow herself to fall into a trap of false hope. Keep playing the game, keep trying her best, don't slack if you think you see the end. Giovenith pushed away the recent events, making it as if she had never even seen Naomi, but did begin to walk a bit faster than before, speeding to a careful, observant jog.

The groan of the metal put her on higher alert, as she began to calculate different places where she might jump then run to avoid some kind of stampede. Perhaps between displays and stands of merchandise. When she could, she also tried to move between places where it might be harder to spot her from what she assumed was the giraffe's point of vision.

---

"Weeeeeeeooo..." Pippa-Michelle wavered, pushing herself backward from almost collapsing into the spot. The golem fell on her bum, and observed the spot with curiosity, before picking herself up and continuing to walk onward. Keep walking until you're taken out. To go home was the commandment, to be destroyed was her believed destiny; it was all quite tricky for Pippa-Michelle to understand in the way she thought it was meant to be, but she did her best to follow through, and tried to concentrate on the commandment first and foremost.

"Hmmmmmm, the dream of Wonderland of long ago: and how she would feel with all their simple sorrows, and find a pleasure in all their simple joys, remembering her own child-life, and the happy summer days..."
she/her

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:47 pm

As the golem walked over the spot, the trap was sprung. Walls of burlap shot up around her as the skeleton encased her in his bag and dragged her off. As much as she may struggle, it wouldn't break. Soon, intense fire would engulf her as the flames of the furnace burned, the skeleton having disposed of the bag in an incinerator.

DEATH TOLL: DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE ANYMORE?

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Giovenith wrote:The godling's heart began to pick up beats at the recognition of being close home, but she ordered it to calm down, refusing to allow herself to fall into a trap of false hope. Keep playing the game, keep trying her best, don't slack if you think you see the end. Giovenith pushed away the recent events, making it as if she had never even seen Naomi, but did begin to walk a bit faster than before, speeding to a careful, observant jog.

The groan of the metal put her on higher alert, as she began to calculate different places where she might jump then run to avoid some kind of stampede. Perhaps between displays and stands of merchandise. When she could, she also tried to move between places where it might be harder to spot her from what she assumed was the giraffe's point of vision.

THRONG

The metal hoof came down. The giraffe rocked forward. Hollow eyes stared into space. It took another step.

Giovenith could easily find places to hide or to duck behind as she ran along.

A second set of footsteps joined her. Then a third and a fourth. The demons were playing too and in pursuit of her.

"Olly olly oxen free!" the call rang out as before.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse