NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm

"There's quite the problem actually." Yuna said softly, pointing out towards the ocean. Someone told me a storm's coming, a strong one. Not just rain either, but waves and everything." She warned. "We're supposed to gather everyone and trek through the jungle. There's caves on the other side that will protect us from the storm. Bring only what you can carry, and warn others. We should meet at the treeline, got that?"

--

"We're putting it on hold." Drova said. He didn't want to be the one to deliver errands for his sister, but if a typhoon was heading their way, they'd certainly need to head someplace safe. Drova carried a bag around his shoulder, showing that he was carrying all he could.

"Grab what you can carry only, and what you need. A typhoon's on its way here." He said, like his sister, pointing out to the beach. "We meet at the treeline once everyone's assembled."

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:04 pm

"A typhoon?"

Torii was a little worried about that, and it grew into a major worry. Typhoons were serious business!

"Um, what I can carry, right...."

She ran back into her hut, and the crashing and tumbling of a frantic girl rushing for her stuff could be heard. Torii kept on her swimsuit and threw on her dress and jacket, grabbed her guitar, slipped two pictures between the strings, then grabbed her diary, and ran back down to meet Drova. Her sister came up behind her and asked what was going on, and the two spoke quietly in Russian for a moment. Katya understood, and ran in to grab her and Yoshi's suitcases. Their mother had brought only a suitcase, and took it fro. The father, who was already carrying all of his gear. They were all ready now.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:43 pm

"A tropical storm?" Giovenith's eyes widened, her heart already speeding up. She had never experienced such a thing, no, but one did not need to to know the severity. There would be no time to lose... she looked back over her shoulder, surveying all the nice things she had worked hard to make it perfect with, and allowed herself a single petty, selfish moment to bemoan their soon-to-be demise before snapping back into reality. "I understand. I'll be out in a few seconds."

The girl whirled back into her cabin, immediately setting to work on what she had to bring. This was one of those damn lucky times to have hammerspace at one's disposal. It wasn't so much what she could carry, but what she had time to collect, and what was more important to save. Turtleboss and Pippa-Michelle (who would have been melted to much in any contact with water, and probably wouldn't be any help in a situation that required fast thinking) went into her bag first, obviously, before packing up her books, the Christmas presents she had been preparing, and a few of the things that she knew Willow held close, like his journal and frying pan, among other things. Aforementioned grey pony, meanwhile, had obviously overheard the warning clear as day, immediately replacing Giovenith with himself at the door as soon as she had left.

"Storm?" he asked with quiet alarm, overlooking their mutual odd appearances for more pressing matters. The pegasus looked upward, taking in the sky. Yes. Something was unmistakably going to hit them, hard. You didn't grow up literally living in the clouds without ever developing a knack for these things. "But why..."

He stopped, remembering that one crucial difference of this place: Nature was a loose canon tyrant. Pegasi would never plan on creating something so deadly without first insuring nothing below was going to be harmed in the process, but this world's skies held no such compassion or consideration. All would bow to its unpredictable, unnatural whims, even if it had to shatter a few bones like glass in the process. Probably preferably so.

"Has everypony else been warned?" Willow asked urgently, leveling his blue eyes back onto the Pyserai, considering her the authority in this situation. Explanations for his existence be damned, this was serious.
Last edited by Giovenith on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:53 pm

"Alright, girl." Drova said, admiring their quick packing and readying of their things to move out. If only his honor guard back home were as fast as them. He pointed to some of the other cabins and what-have-you. "You go warn some of the others that might still be inside." He directed, before heading towards the treeline to act as a gathering point for the group once they were ready to move out, making a good rally point for the evacuation operations should anyone become lost or confused.

--

"I don't know why." Yuna said gravely. She'd never been around during such a storm, and frankly didn't want to. Luckily they'd be heading into some caves, so her natural environment would come back to her quite well. "That's what we're here for. Once you're ready and packed, go and warn some of the others. I can go with you if you;d like, or you can find my brother someplace, looks like me. He's either warning some of the others, or waiting at the treeline. That's where we meet."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:59 pm

The BranRiech wrote:"I don't know why." Yuna said gravely. She'd never been around during such a storm, and frankly didn't want to. Luckily they'd be heading into some caves, so her natural environment would come back to her quite well. "That's what we're here for. Once you're ready and packed, go and warn some of the others. I can go with you if you;d like, or you can find my brother someplace, looks like me. He's either warning some of the others, or waiting at the treeline. That's where we meet."

"No, don't. No need to come with us, I mean. That would spread the warnings too thin," responded Willow, already calculating all of this new information to form a plan. He looked down to lace some details together, before looking back up at Yuna. "What time frame would you say we have to pack and warn others?"

Pegasus 101: Storms were vicious, methodical things. Sometimes it was obvious when they were about to slam, other times, they lulled the environment into a false peace before striking. Knowing was surviving. The last thing you wanted to do, when facing a severe storm of any kind, was try to play games with the back-stabbing bitch, Lady Luck.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:02 pm

"We're going to want to get everyone together as quickly as we can. I wasn't given a timeframe, but it should be quick. We want to move out as soon as possible." Yuna said, hoping that the storm would at least give them a grace period to get ready for the thing. "Never had to deal with this crap back home." She rolled her eyes. "But besides that, you want to warn the nearby houses? I can get the farther ones out."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm

"Yes, yes, we can warn closer ones," Willow agreed, already imagining and planning the routes. "If I fly at full speed, I can definitely reach a few in under a minute or two. I'm not sure how fast Giovenith can move." It briefly bemused him that he had never actually seen a hyoo-mun run before, and he wondered how they must keep steady on such precarious balance before getting back onto what was important. "One last question, isn't there an alarm system here or anything? Like a siren?"
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Torii did as Drova said with no other words. She held on to her belongings and ran over to....whoever's hut. She didn't remember, but it had a red lantern on the outside, and she remembered that someone nice lived there. She knocked on the door with fast, hard knocks.

Katya stood by with her parents, who were silently bickering. She didn't know where they were going, so Katya watched what Drova was doing.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Torii did as Drova said with no other words. She held on to her belongings and ran over to....whoever's hut. She didn't remember, but it had a red lantern on the outside, and she remembered that someone nice lived there. She knocked on the door with fast, hard knocks.

Katya stood by with her parents, who were silently bickering. She didn't know where they were going, so Katya watched what Drova was doing.

Myra was awoken by pounding on her door. Wow, these people really did start early. She thought most everyone would sleep in until noon. It was still murky dark outside, too. How could they possibly get anything done in the dark.

"Marcus, if that's you with a gun, I'm not shooting a pig."

She cracked the door open and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"Torii! Is it time already?" she yawned. "Okay, lemme just grab my shoes and an orange."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Seeing that the Torsiedellians or whatever they were called knew about the storm, Drova jumped up into the air, soaring off into the skies to look for other huts. He landed at Bran's hut, and quickly informed the family of the impending storm. The Nikanors packed up, carrying a suitcase each, they all went and waited by the trees. Drova too, would be going with them to wait for the other groups.

--

"Got it, you head and get some people, and I'll go and warn some others."

Yuna set off, knowing that WIllow would more than likely help well. She looked for any huts that seemed not to know that a storm was coming.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:Torii did as Drova said with no other words. She held on to her belongings and ran over to....whoever's hut. She didn't remember, but it had a red lantern on the outside, and she remembered that someone nice lived there. She knocked on the door with fast, hard knocks.

Myra was awoken by pounding on her door. Wow, these people really did start early. She thought most everyone would sleep in until noon. It was still murky dark outside, too. How could they possibly get anything done in the dark.

"Marcus, if that's you with a gun, I'm not shooting a pig."

She cracked the door open and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"Torii! Is it time already?" she yawned. "Okay, lemme just grab my shoes and an orange."

"No, we're not doin' that today.", Torii said with some disappointment. "We all gotta pack and go. A typhoon's comin' in, so we gotta all go."

She was more than disappointed, anyway. She really wanted to get their club going soon, but now there was a typhoon, and at this time of the year! She just wanted to get moving soon, if they had to go.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:"No, we're not doin' that today.", Torii said with some disappointment. "We all gotta pack and go. A typhoon's comin' in, so we gotta all go."

She was more than disappointed, anyway. She really wanted to get their club going soon, but now there was a typhoon, and at this time of the year! She just wanted to get moving soon, if they had to go.

"A what?" Myra had heard her but the whole thought of it was shocking. "Okay, um - okay! I'll pack my stuff!"

It took Myra very little time to pack. She'd still hadn't unpacked except for a few books scattered here and there and her radio. She had a flashlight as well. City girls; always leave home overly prepared.

She returned to the door with her duffel bag thrown over a shoulder and her blankets tucked under her arm. "Right, where we meeting? Did you tell the others yet? Let's go."

She'd follow Torii wherever the girl went.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:20 pm

So the invisible clock started, at least in Willow's head. He wasn't unaware of the possibility that the storm could still be fairly far away and wouldn't hit for some time, but when in a state of emergency, it was best to act as if whatever disaster you were trying to avoid was seconds away. It made sure you were careful, without the temptation to dilly-dally. Willow trotted over to Giovenith, who was currently raiding her fridge and cupboards into her pockets and bags.

"I'm just taking it in case food is short after the storm!" she reassured the pony, upon hearing the clops of his hooves approach her. "Clean water too! You never know, you know?"

"Giovenith, I'm going to go assist in alerting others," explained Willow evenly. "I'm going to try and find Toscha and Sterling especially."

"Sounds good, Willow!" In went a jar of apple sauce.

"Promise to take care of yourself."

"I will!"

"Promise." He meant it.

Giovenith paused momentarily in confusion, before nodding and adding: "I promise. We're all going to be okay, okay? Don't feel too grim, we can make it through this if we're smart."

"We can certainly hope," Willow mumbled, before turning, running out the door, and jumping effortlessly into the air. When first arriving on the island he had spotted Toscha moving in a certain direction before, and decided to follow it to see if his house was anywhere nearby it.

Giovenith, meanwhile, quickly finished her packing and ran off to look for other huts as well. Since her mind was once freshly on the teens club, she pondered possibly searching for them first.
Last edited by Giovenith on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:38 pm

"Um......um....."

Torii's head was spinning a little bit. what should she do now? Where should she go? Drova alerted her, so maybe Yuna would know? Gio?

"C'mon.", Torii said, and turned to go. She started running back towards her hut with Myra, and towards where she last saw her friends. Maybe they had a plan. She didn't know, but it was worth a shot, and, if not, then the adults would know.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:42 pm

The Damnatius wrote:Calvin had begun to doze off when he was awakened by the loud and quite sudden occurrence. He didn't need the Assistant this time to be alert, as he instantly turned his head around towards where he perceived the source of the noise was located. He called upon his second conscience for advice, whether or not to investigate. Yet again acting on it's inquisitive nature, it dictated that Calvin do so with respect to caution of course. The island was of such alien nature what long-extinct beasts of the time still prevalent were unknown.

He raised himself off the ground, brushing the sand that had begun to cling and slowly swallow him. It would have been successful, too, if given ages. He began on his way towards the sound, partly grateful to transition into a more moderate setting until he was made very aware of the tiny demonic creatures that had begun to assault him. The assistant found no way to combat them counting hundreds at a time somewhere. It's only words were to press onwards. It was before he could even get decently into the foliage that he found the small procession of strange individuals on their way out. Before he could back away, his foot was caught upon a small root. He fell forward, acting quickly to catch himself but in the same process making his presence more than known.

(Thanks Tiltjuice)

(OOC - You're welcome! Now for a slight fudging with time...my chars' stock in trade.)

Dia reached out and caught him gently by the upper arm. A blur seemed to pass overhead, from sky level down to their toes, wherever they looked. In the meantime, Deader floated away, seemingly unconcerned with anything other than moving, though it had now turned about 180* and was headed in the direction of the Templar compound rather than the beach.

"Be careful. Last thing y'need is to turn an ankle. Especially with a storm coming."

Like Dora, he was a descendant of sailors, back when they plied their trade in the Mediterranean and the Aegean with far less durable wooden craft. Though he'd gone the way of the land, he'd heard his forefathers' stories of rough seas and storms.

Elsewhere, Cuisine wandered out, yawning, in a fluffy nightcap with a ball on top and a bathrobe. He blinked incautiously at the gray-and-blackening sky, then shuffled back inside rather quickly to change. There weren't any "Natives" about, which meant that something big was happening, clearly, and it was time to be elsewhere.

Dora, having gotten up early and wandered out away from everyone (out of courtesy) for a smoke, had gone as far as halfway to the Mer lagoon. She'd been planning to take a tour of the places she'd been, just for memory's sake, but abandoned that idea once she saw the state of the weather. Fabric waved to and fro; she glanced down at the sundress she was wearing, with a grimace. She just hoped it wouldn't get in her way if she really had to take to her heels. Though, at least, being powerless meant she wouldn't blow up a fifth of the island or so, judging by map size.

Luce and Chrys, however, did have that problem. Chrys solved it by sealing herself inside her armor. Luce took a different approach, bundling himself (and Sophie) inside so many scarves, blankets, and towels that they looked like a second Deader, although a multicolored one. With Sophie tied securely to his back in a sort of oversized carrier, the former Roman soldier nodded to Chrys, and the trio set out, joining up with Dora and heading toward the nearest cluster of people.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:01 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
The Damnatius wrote:Calvin had begun to doze off when he was awakened by the loud and quite sudden occurrence. He didn't need the Assistant this time to be alert, as he instantly turned his head around towards where he perceived the source of the noise was located. He called upon his second conscience for advice, whether or not to investigate. Yet again acting on it's inquisitive nature, it dictated that Calvin do so with respect to caution of course. The island was of such alien nature what long-extinct beasts of the time still prevalent were unknown.

He raised himself off the ground, brushing the sand that had begun to cling and slowly swallow him. It would have been successful, too, if given ages. He began on his way towards the sound, partly grateful to transition into a more moderate setting until he was made very aware of the tiny demonic creatures that had begun to assault him. The assistant found no way to combat them counting hundreds at a time somewhere. It's only words were to press onwards. It was before he could even get decently into the foliage that he found the small procession of strange individuals on their way out. Before he could back away, his foot was caught upon a small root. He fell forward, acting quickly to catch himself but in the same process making his presence more than known.

(Thanks Tiltjuice)

(OOC - You're welcome! Now for a slight fudging with time...my chars' stock in trade.)

Dia reached out and caught him gently by the upper arm. A blur seemed to pass overhead, from sky level down to their toes, wherever they looked. In the meantime, Deader floated away, seemingly unconcerned with anything other than moving, though it had now turned about 180* and was headed in the direction of the Templar compound rather than the beach.

"Be careful. Last thing y'need is to turn an ankle. Especially with a storm coming."

Like Dora, he was a descendant of sailors, back when they plied their trade in the Mediterranean and the Aegean with far less durable wooden craft. Though he'd gone the way of the land, he'd heard his forefathers' stories of rough seas and storms.

Elsewhere, Cuisine wandered out, yawning, in a fluffy nightcap with a ball on top and a bathrobe. He blinked incautiously at the gray-and-blackening sky, then shuffled back inside rather quickly to change. There weren't any "Natives" about, which meant that something big was happening, clearly, and it was time to be elsewhere.

Dora, having gotten up early and wandered out away from everyone (out of courtesy) for a smoke, had gone as far as halfway to the Mer lagoon. She'd been planning to take a tour of the places she'd been, just for memory's sake, but abandoned that idea once she saw the state of the weather. Fabric waved to and fro; she glanced down at the sundress she was wearing, with a grimace. She just hoped it wouldn't get in her way if she really had to take to her heels. Though, at least, being powerless meant she wouldn't blow up a fifth of the island or so, judging by map size.

Luce and Chrys, however, did have that problem. Chrys solved it by sealing herself inside her armor. Luce took a different approach, bundling himself (and Sophie) inside so many scarves, blankets, and towels that they looked like a second Deader, although a multicolored one. With Sophie tied securely to his back in a sort of oversized carrier, the former Roman soldier nodded to Chrys, and the trio set out, joining up with Dora and heading toward the nearest cluster of people.

"Eh-Yeah, thanks..." He said, beginning his reel from them in a slow place. He could assume whatever the hell happened in there was by cause of whoever they happened to be. One curious thing that happened to cross his mind was the suddenly degrading conditions of the planet, as he assumed. He doubled back to them quickly.

"Did you say storm?" Calvin inquired, the only time he'd ever heard the word 'storm' used being those made of nightmares and horror that swallowed entire solar systems, and if these were the beginning throws of those very same 'storms', then these people were awfully non-chalant about their sealed doom.
{{{PRAISE THE CLEANSING FIRE, EMBRACE THE BURNING LIGHT}}}

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Marcus snagged his father's weather radio, some tools, rifles, a rope and some food stuffs. He'd awoken early to get chores out of the way and found himself alone in the compound right up until he ran into his father and Ogoti. The old god had also awoken early and didn't need a radio to tell him disaster was on the way. He had a nasty habit of being able to sense future death, and animals certainly would be dying in the near future.

"I've sent the twins and Eva back to Bielefeld with Minerva," Ceril told Marcus, "You won't need the guns. Put them in the locker before Ogoti seals the chamber. This building might not weather the storm."

Swith had a flare for luxury but was absolute shit when it came to structure. The compound had wonderfully open gathering rooms that would just channel in the winds. The smaller quarters were more stable however. Ceril wasn't about to take the chance that rogue waves or flooding wouldn't bury them underwater, thus trapping the occupants. As it was, the water was behaving differently. Wave intensity had been increasing all morning to the point of striking the seaward side of the compound with enough force to scatter water over the roof.

"Move!" he barked at his son, and then he packed the last of his things and trekked the footpath leading from atoll to beach, keeping his balance and cursing the sea spray.

Marcus and Ogoti joined him moments later. Marcus and Ogoti had slipped on a cultist uniforms. They had cleared out the entire kitchen and shoved the food into their pockets.

"This way," Marcus advised the men. He'd noticed Yuna, Torii and his other friends clustered near the tree line.

Myra spotted them and waved. "Hey, Torii, here come Marcus and some guys."
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Toscha's hut, already at the treeline, was overlooking the meeting place, and the Lamia wondered why so many people were gathered near his house. He recognized the apartment-goers, all packed up and ready to leave somewhere, so he decided he'd be better off joining them. He packed his things up, and headed down the tree, waiting with the group.

--

The farthest out from Yuna's vision was Kei's hut. The goddess in question had a small bag of things sitting next to her, and was in the middle of moving her own home away from the beach, back to where it normally should be. She looked insanely tired though, and once she finally moved her precious hut, she nearly collapsed.

But the did indeed get back up.

"Y-you need to go to the treeli-"

"Shove it you winged demon." Kei growled, not wanting anything to do with the race that she personally had driven underground, making room for her own people to live.

"I know where to go."

With that taken care of, Yuna flew off to look for more people, while the quite irritable Kei headed to join the rest of the group.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:01 pm

"Well, I suppose we oughta follow them, right dear?", Peter huffed, grabbing his gear and jogging towards the other group. Mrs. Dimitrov sneered and followed behind, trailed by her daughter.

At the same time, Torii started to move towards Marcus and his companions. "Yea, we should follow them. They know what to do, most likely, and I wanna be with them. I don't know anything about Typhoons."

She also wanted to meet up with her parents, so she could protect them and her sister. It was better to be in a group, anyhow.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:05 pm

"Toshca!" Willow swooped and gently landed next to the lamia, but kept his wings unfolded for quick access back into the air. "You're here, I was just coming to warn you. You know about the storm?" The pegasus wanted to make sure this friend was safe before heading off to find Sterling.

At the same time, Giovenith had approached the treeline once she had spotted her friends. "Myraaaa, Toriiiiii!" Giovenith ran over to her buddies, skidding to a stop once she reached them. "You're here! Good! Is anyone else gone?" She looked around frantically.
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:09 pm

The Damnatius wrote:"Eh-Yeah, thanks..." He said, beginning his reel from them in a slow place. He could assume whatever the hell happened in there was by cause of whoever they happened to be. One curious thing that happened to cross his mind was the suddenly degrading conditions of the planet, as he assumed. He doubled back to them quickly.

"Did you say storm?" Calvin inquired, the only time he'd ever heard the word 'storm' used being those made of nightmares and horror that swallowed entire solar systems, and if these were the beginning throws of those very same 'storms', then these people were awfully non-chalant about their sealed doom.

"I did, yes." Dia glanced sideways. "It'll be a big one, too. As the bishop said to the actress. But there shouldn't be much to worry about, as long as we keep moving."

Giovenith wrote:"Toshca!" Willow swooped and gently landed next to the lamia, but kept his wings unfolded for quick access back into the air. "You're here, I was just coming to warn you. You know about the storm?" The pegasus wanted to make sure this friend was safe before heading off to find Sterling.

At the same time, Giovenith had approached the treeline once she had spotted her friends. "Myraaaa, Toriiiiii!" Giovenith ran over to her buddies, skidding to a stop once she reached them. "You're here! Good! Is anyone else gone?" She looked around frantically.

"No," mumbled Luce's voice, muffled as it was by several cubic yards of fabric. Chrys gave the group a relatively cheerful wave, her spirits high despite the oncoming tempest.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Giovenith wrote:"Toshca!" Willow swooped and gently landed next to the lamia, but kept his wings unfolded for quick access back into the air. "You're here, I was just coming to warn you. You know about the storm?" The pegasus wanted to make sure this friend was safe before heading off to find Sterling.

"I just saw everyone else gathering here, admittedly . . ." Toscha scratched his head, letting his long hair fray a little bit. He shrugged. "I thought the weather looked ominous, how bad is the storm, Willow?"

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:26 pm

"It could drown us instantaneously, shatter our bones, and rip us apart like dolls made of cookie dough before scattering our limbs miles apart across land and sea," explained Willow nonchalantly with a flick of his tail. "You know, standard severe storm of warmer, tropical regions."

"Oh good, you guys are here!" Giovenith waved back at Chrys and Luce, before surveying the rest of the group. "Alright, do we have any authority here...? I don't know much about storm survival myself..." She did count a few people that still needed to arrive, but was sure they would come soon.
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Yoshi had slept well the night before and walked out onto the beach, observing the atmospheric conditions, like the ones that affected Urran every few years. "Typhoon." He said worriedly, reading the signs of the ominous weather. This was not good. He walked off in an attempt to locate his companions, but especially his pregnant lover when he caught sight of someone he had preferred not to see, Katya and Tora's mother. Should he avoid her or do the right thing and say hello. Curse Yoshi's morals. He walked up to where she was and bowed. "Ohayo Dimitrov San"

Blossom had briefly retreated to grab her bags and put on her cloak, which looked rather like a Sith robe, and put it on to shield herself from the sun's harmful rays, even if it was obscured behind clouds, she would rather be safe then burn into a crisp. She ran to Toscha's hut to see if he was there.

Tieria grabbed his things and made for the first group that he came to, which just so happened to be Toscha and Willow. "I suppose we had better evacuate." he said bordly.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Giovenith wrote:"It could drown us instantaneously, shatter our bones, and rip us apart like dolls made of cookie dough before scattering our limbs miles apart across land and sea," explained Willow nonchalantly with a flick of his tail. "You know, standard severe storm of warmer, tropical regions."

Torii wished she hadn't heard that from a distance.

"eeeeeeeeeeeeee", Her stomach flopped. Why was everyone just waiting around? Things could go faster....she saw her family, she hoped they'd be alright, and where were all of the adults? Only a few had shown up....

One thing keeping Torii calm was, ironically, the same whether that would soon bring a terrible wave at them. The grey skies, whipping wind, and damp air always calmed her down, bringing her back to some good memories of playing in the summer rains, or wandering through the woods when she was still held at a camp in her home state. It wasn't every day that she got to experience that kind of weather, so it was special, and it helped. She had a respect for nature, even though she was afraid at the moment. It was unstoppable, even to man's greatest machines and inventions. It was the living, moving world, and it was all so grand and large, and beautiful, it put her in something of a calm state, thinking about it...

Her stomach was better now, and she was more alert. "Okay, so, I haven't seen Drova....there he is...what about Yuna, Gio? Wasn't she the on who went for you? And where are the Nikanors, or Yoshi?"

Urran wrote:Yoshi had slept well the night before and walked out onto the beach, observing the atmospheric conditions, like the ones that affected Urran every few years. "Typhoon." He said worriedly, reading the signs of the ominous weather. This was not good. He walked off in an attempt to locate his companions, but especially his pregnant lover when he caught sight of someone he had preferred not to see, Katya and Tora's mother. Should he avoid her or do the right thing and say hello. Curse Yoshi's morals. He walked up to where she was and bowed. "Ohayo Dimitrov San"

"Ah, there's Yoshi!", Torii said with some relief.

Meanwhile, where Yoshi actually was...

Mrs. Dimitrov raised an eyebrow at the boy. From behind her popped Peter's half-grinning face. "Hello, lad!", She said, and from behind him was Katya's worried expressions, blood red. The Mother stepped back in front of the two, dominating Yoshi's view, and sighed. "Hello, Yoshi. So you've finally joined us?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse