NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Blossom floated up to the counter. "It's me again" she said cheerfully. "I need a heat lamp large enough for a 14 foot Lamia." She explained. "And when will you be getting another shipment of tarantulas? I don't like ordering them online."

--

Tieria listened to Yuna and Gio. He had a feeling that he was not included in her list of friends. But he wanted to be desperately. "I hope you can go." He said neutrally. In truth, he was nervous. nervous that he would ruin his already rocky relationship with her.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:20 pm

"So we're all going to the island together?", Torii asked Yuna and Gio. She secretly hoped they would, since it would alleviate any boredom. Nothing better than spending a vacation with other people her age!

"If we are, I know a place we could fix up as a clubhouse, or maybe a place to go fishin' at."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Yuna's words rang true, and although the conversation with him had not started off well, Giovenith at least acknowledged Tieria's good wishes with a nod. Rude before or not, the sentiment was her wish. Perhaps the man had merely been in some bad mood before? These things happened. Personally, Giovenith didn't see bad moods as an excuse to continuously terrorize people, but one very occasional snap that was quickly made up for could be forgiven.

"A clubhouse you say, Torii?" asked Giovenith, voice pitching upward with oncoming inspiration. "That sounds so cool! What if we did make a club?" If Yuna could go, it could be a teenage club possibly, but mother had always said that when you made clubs it was best to include everyone, so she didn't say this idea out loud.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:36 pm

"Hey there, little Vampire." The woman smiled brightly, seeing one of her customers from the apartment, one of the most frequent providers of customers for her business made her very happy indeed, and all the tenants were nice people to boot!

"A Lamia, you say? Not getting me a birthday gift, eh? No, I've got them, they're in the specialized section. And Tarantulas aren't very popular right now, so I've got somewhat of a surplus. They're Rose Haired Tarantula's, $10 for each, but again, bulk purchases are . . . %30 off right now." She nodded, pointing the Vampire in the right direction.

--

"Well if I can go, we should most definitely make a clubhouse." Yuna had decried, using her official voice, hoping to make it sound a bit more . . . Official? Well, she was somewhat of a Princess, even though she'd never be the Queen.

"Ohh, maybe we could induct my brother too, and dress him up." She whispered the last part, finding it funny. Despite how much of a blockhead Drova could be, Yuna loved messing with him.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Blossom nodded and dashed off to gather the supplies necessary. She grabbed both the lamp and the large bulbs that it took. She also decided to purchase three rose hair tarantulas to add to her collection that was beginning to take up a rather large section in her room. "Okay, I think this is it." she said cheerfully.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:51 pm

"Dress'em up?", Torii said. She found that funny, and actually laughed for a few seconds at the idea. It sounded like one of those things her sister would do as a kid, something normal...

"Yea, and we can put banners on the outside, and put cool barricades and canons at the entrance to make it look all cool and like home!"

It didn't occur to her at the moment that her idea of homely and cool was probably different from her two companions. It sounded exciting to her, though.

"And we could clean out room for games, and a lounge, and a little bar, and build a guard tower to keep away pesky intruders and jungle critters! Muahahaha!"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:09 pm

"I could help make the inside classy-licious!" cheered Giovenith excitedly, clapping her hands in glee. It was a strange word to use, but hey, Giovenith was strange. Her taste could be, if agreed with, pretty interesting though. "Cozy and pretty, oooo, this will be so much fun!"

Her mind was already flitting to modern furniture, modern art, modern decorations, Giovenith was a modern girl in a modern world. The things she'd grown to idealize were normally reserved for the New Age beat of the city, but upon thinking about it more, she found the challenge of adding things Yuna and Torii liked to be exciting too.

"And if you guys give me ideas, I can make it super for all of us!"
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Jungle creatures?" Tieria asked. He had not seen much when he was at the island in the way of terrestrial fauna. It had mostly been birds and crabs, but perhaps there were larger animals hidden deep in the jungle. "It sounds like a perfect base of operations to go exploring from." he commented.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Urran wrote:Blossom nodded and dashed off to gather the supplies necessary. She grabbed both the lamp and the large bulbs that it took. She also decided to purchase three rose hair tarantulas to add to her collection that was beginning to take up a rather large section in her room. "Okay, I think this is it." she said cheerfully.

The totl ended up someplace around $30, mostly for the lamp and bulbs, which were quite costly anyways. The Tarantulas were a bit less though. The woman smiled, took her money, handed her the check, and decided to let Blossom go with a friendly wave. "Do come back again, I might have some different Tarantulas if you're interested!" she called after her.

--

"Right, right. Hmm, well, we need some tapestries, and that's about all I can think of that I can supply. Drova's got a few in our room that should suffice. They've got the Royal crest on it and everything." She grinned. That would make it feel like home for Yuna, and maybe some posh furniture or something. She didn't want the place to feel too much like a palace though, so what Yuna could carry with her would be what she supplied.

"Maybe a turret?" She suggested, in lieu of a guard tower.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Urran wrote:Jungle creatures?" Tieria asked. He had not seen much when he was at the island in the way of terrestrial fauna. It had mostly been birds and crabs, but perhaps there were larger animals hidden deep in the jungle. "It sounds like a perfect base of operations to go exploring from." he commented.

"Aye, indeed! I only ever poked my nose here and there, and I'm certain that there are plenty of cool things out there, too. Maybe we'll find ruins, or gold!"

She looked back at Gio.

"I like rock music. Maybe have some flags and posters? Actually, maybe we can have our own rooms! Beside that, I think you and Yuna could give it a more feminine look. My idea of cool is barbed wire and sandbags. I don't think you guys like that stuff."

She swung around to Yuna. "Turrets! And we can hang a jolly roger at the flag pole!"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:55 pm

"I will" Blossom waved. It took her a few minutes, but she had her new friends all named and stowed away in her room. She was glad that Jacob didn't mind terribly that his apartment was home to no fewer than 25 tarantulas of various species and sizes. Well...he didn't know. But he did say that she could do with her room what she wished and she had done just that. She went and found Toscha where she had left him. She beamed with pride as she presented the gift to the Lamia. One extra large reptile heat lamp and two bulbs. "This should keep you all warm and cozy" she declared with a nod.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:34 pm

"I like dance music, especially from Europe," added Giovenith, smiling with a head-tilt. It had been the kind they always played downstairs back at her family's mortal home. "So it's settled then! We'll make a super special club with all of us in it, and we'll all add a little something."

This was going to be so much fun! Giovenith was intensely curious to see how everything would fit together, and itching to get started on it all. Decorating was art, and art was her thing, after all! The only weakness she'd have would be the outside, though Torii and Yuna seemed to have that covered. Great then! This would be easier than expected.

"What do you guys think of a ceiling of the sky, with clouds? Or perhaps of outer space? Or glow in the dark outer space!" she shot out a few ideas.
she/her

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:42 pm

The familiar entrance into the apartment block's parking garage was lit up by the headlights of the Eiswolf as it slowly pulled inside. It seemed as if it was for a commercial shoot: it gracefully entered inside and flaunted a crisp black coat of paint, slightly tattered with snow from the weather. It was a pleasant night, to where Ray could finally seek some kind of rest from the hub of the Eldritch Medical Facility.

Car parked, its engine turned off and the frame left to peacefully cool, Ray wrapped himself in his coat and began to walk through the parking garage. While he had initially intended to make use of the elevator, he felt that perhaps walking up the stairs might give a good allowance of exercise and would get his blood pumping. The fur certainly helped keep the cold away, but the crisp conditions still nipped at him horrendously.

As he came up to the second floor on his walk, he had largely regretted the decision: the stairwell was certainly more cold than the elevator would have been. Of course, the distinct smell of food rang in, and curious as to what it and the general noise was, Ray stepped on out and headed for the source.

Upon reaching the source, Ray poked his head in to the communal dining room: therefore uncovering the presence of the Thanksgiving feast for himself. At first he simply studied what he saw, watching the food with a keen eye.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:56 pm

The hubbub was still going inside the dining room. It seemed Dia and Kei hadn't been noticed by Hastur or Tieria.

Dia looked to Kei, then followed her glance to Tieria. He nodded again as Tieria's noncommittal and standoffish attitude suddenly made sense.

"Bad breakup, was it? Come on, then. I think I see the others over there." He gave a semicircular wave in the direction of Chrys, Hans, Misaki, and Luce.

MB, having failed to secure any fruit, was now sulking atop one of the opened doors to the dining room. Seeing Ray, he jumped down onto the millionaire's head and placed his forepaws over the man's eyes.

Your mate wants him! he signed, drawing Dia's attention. The big man started out toward Ray; curling an arm around his shoulders, he leaned down and smiled widely.

MB uncovered Ray's eyes.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:35 pm

"Oh . . . You didn't need to, Blossom!" Toscha tried protesting. He got up, a but more energetically than before. The Lamia had enough time to warm himself uo while she was gone, and he was now quite content. "I'll be accumulating quite the electric bill then, eh? I'll need a job before long then." He assumed. "Well, I suppose I can get one someplace, you got any ideas?"

He graciously took the light and bulbs, holding them under an arm while he waited for an answer.

--

"Whatever on the Music, you guys can have that figured out. Oh! I could have some of our furniture delivered if you guys would like. I think we can have that happen, not sure though, but I've got furniture too that we could bring along." Yuna said, quite happy, in-fact. This was the best night she'd had in a long time, good food, and good friends.

"I think glow-in the dark space would be cool, like the night sky, except, well, bright? And how would we bring everything with us?"

--

Kei followed along, instinctively sticking with Dia, as he requested he sit with her. "Not that bad. I thought he took it quite well. Apparently not though." She rolled her eyes. Tieria really needed to grow up some day, even though he was basically just a robot . . .

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:40 pm

"Hello!" Giovenith pulled one hammerspace bag out of her hammerspace pocket. Large furniture might be tricky, but she could manage if she just squeezed things the right way. God, she loved hammerspace. "I can pack up and bring a few things, like the bigger stuff. If you can bring things yourselves, that would help too though."
Last edited by Giovenith on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
"You almost did," Caroline smiled. "There's a feast downstairs in honor of Thanksgiving."

She poured a cup of coffee for him and placed it in his hands. "Problems at the factory?" she raised an eyebrow in concern. "I'm guessing your consciousness was needed there? What's going on, Handsome?"

"It was a courier, Arthur sent us something. Dave is driving it to us from the factory now." Jonathan explained. thankful that he wasn't in the middle of something important when he was pulled in. "I really need to get rid of some failsafes that can cause problems like this." he added addressing Caroline's concern.

"Let's go enjoy the feast while we can." he suggested and smoothed out his clothing and hair.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Blossom nodded and smiled. "Yes you will, though the job problem is another thing entirely. I do not know where you could find one. I work for another resident here. Basically I'm a maid. " She said cheerfully, not the least bit concerned about what Toscha might think of her employment.
--
Tieria stood up. "Excuse me, but I must be going. It was good to meet you Miss Yuna." He said neutrally, adjusting his glasses. While he could not have known what Kei was thinking, she was right, he did have some growing up to do. He needed to face the consequences of his actions instead of blaming others.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
The hubbub was still going inside the dining room. It seemed Dia and Kei hadn't been noticed by Hastur or Tieria.

Dia looked to Kei, then followed her glance to Tieria. He nodded again as Tieria's noncommittal and standoffish attitude suddenly made sense.

"Bad breakup, was it? Come on, then. I think I see the others over there." He gave a semicircular wave in the direction of Chrys, Hans, Misaki, and Luce.

MB, having failed to secure any fruit, was now sulking atop one of the opened doors to the dining room. Seeing Ray, he jumped down onto the millionaire's head and placed his forepaws over the man's eyes.

Your mate wants him! he signed, drawing Dia's attention. The big man started out toward Ray; curling an arm around his shoulders, he leaned down and smiled widely.

MB uncovered Ray's eyes.

Ray initially attempted to walk a step into the dining room, but MB's sudden appearance delivered him to a stop. Ray decided not to try and squrim: MB would likely be simply maddened by Ray moving his head, and it was rather obvious who the rabbit that was covering his eyes was.

However, when he felt an arm curl around his shoulders, his face showed obvious unease. It certainly didn't feel or smell like Albert: it smelled like someone different when Ray sniffed at the air.

Once his eyes were brought open, he took a look at Dia and gave an uneasy smile. "....Hi," was what Ray managed to get out. "Why is your arm around me?"

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Erucia wrote:Ray initially attempted to walk a step into the dining room, but MB's sudden appearance delivered him to a stop. Ray decided not to try and squrim: MB would likely be simply maddened by Ray moving his head, and it was rather obvious who the rabbit that was covering his eyes was.

However, when he felt an arm curl around his shoulders, his face showed obvious unease. It certainly didn't feel or smell like Albert: it smelled like someone different when Ray sniffed at the air.

Once his eyes were brought open, he took a look at Dia and gave an uneasy smile. "....Hi," was what Ray managed to get out. "Why is your arm around me?"

The BranRiech wrote:Kei followed along, instinctively sticking with Dia, as he requested he sit with her. "Not that bad. I thought he took it quite well. Apparently not though." She rolled her eyes. Tieria really needed to grow up some day, even though he was basically just a robot . . .

"I don't know," said Dia, still grinning widely and somewhat alarmingly at Ray's face. "The rabbit said so. Always trust the rabbit."

MB leaned down and signed some more for Ray's and Kei's benefit. This one I like. Not the blonde twins. Crazy peoples.

"Now come, both of you, and let us join in with my mate here. I believe you know each other already, Sundance Kei," he said, deadpan. "And you, fur man?"
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 pm

"What's Hammerspace?" Yuna asked. Having learned so much about what Will had taught her, he neglected to tell her about Hammerspace, but she didn't expect him to tell her about it, because she didn't even know it existed firsthand.

"Well, I don't know if I can bring anything big . . ."

--

"Eh, my family's a bunch of farmers, why I left. I don't want to do that for the rest of my life." Toscha cringed. He'd worked the fields every year up till' the day he left, and was thankful he never had to do it again. Toscha was a cityboy, tried and true, as of a few days ago.

"We can go to one of our rooms, I think we might be taking up room in the halls." He suggested, just so they could converse further.

--

Kei sat back and watched, confused as to what was now going on. She recognized Ray and MB, but didn't understand the circumstances as to why they were there. "And yeah, I met Ray before."

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
"I don't know," said Dia, still grinning widely and somewhat alarmingly at Ray's face. "The rabbit said so. Always trust the rabbit."

MB leaned down and signed some more for Ray's and Kei's benefit. This one I like. Not the blonde twins. Crazy peoples.

"Now come, both of you, and let us join in with my mate here. I believe you know each other already, Sundance Kei," he said, deadpan. "And you, fur man?"

"Oh....Well, I suppose that's true. But I'm still note entirely appreciative," Ray gave back the awkward smile, entirely uncomfortable with being touched this way by essentially a complete stranger.

But after being carted along with Dia, he decided that it was probably best to just go along with everything. No need to get antsy. "Um...I don't really know, sir. I'm maybe a little confused by all of this: why is MB telling you to do all this?" He shot Kei a look, with a very odd expression on his face. "But I do back up her statement. I have indeed met the lady."

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:50 pm

"We could go to yours" she suggested. The vampire did not want to bring people into Jacob and Albert's apartment without asking their permission first. It would just be rude. But at least the apartment was clean despite the shedding. Oh the shedding!
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:05 pm

The BranRiech wrote:"What's Hammerspace?" Yuna asked. Having learned so much about what Will had taught her, he neglected to tell her about Hammerspace, but she didn't expect him to tell her about it, because she didn't even know it existed firsthand.

"Well, I don't know if I can bring anything big . . ."

"Oh, it's hard to say. Let's just say I have deep pockets, in the literal sense," explained Giovenith, standing up and looking for a place to dispose of her cleaned plate. "Don't worry about the carpentry supplies, I got those."

She trotted off to the sink, rolled up her pink sleeves, and carefully washed off her plate. She wasn't sure if that was where they were supposed to put them (after all, there would probably be too many dishes to fit in the sink by the end of this), but considered it one less job for whoever cleaned this up to do. After that, Giovenith settled back down by her friends, grabbed an entirely new plate, and began to pile it completely with vegetables.

"I think furniture can wait until we actually check the place out," Giovenith went on to suggest, mind turning out the possible schematics of this place Torii had spoken of. "We don't want to bring so much stuff with us that it can't even all fit in there. Clubhouses are generally pretty small too, right? It's not as if we'll be staying there full time." Giovenith turned to Torii, "About what would you estimate how big this place is?"
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Erucia wrote:"Oh....Well, I suppose that's true. But I'm still note entirely appreciative," Ray gave back the awkward smile, entirely uncomfortable with being touched this way by essentially a complete stranger.

But after being carted along with Dia, he decided that it was probably best to just go along with everything. No need to get antsy. "Um...I don't really know, sir. I'm maybe a little confused by all of this: why is MB telling you to do all this?" He shot Kei a look, with a very odd expression on his face. "But I do back up her statement. I have indeed met the lady."

The BranRiech wrote:Kei sat back and watched, confused as to what was now going on. She recognized Ray and MB, but didn't understand the circumstances as to why they were there. "And yeah, I met Ray before."

MB grabbed onto thick pawfuls of Ray's fur and swung down off the top of his head like a stunt double.

I need no reason for anything, heathen! the rabbit signed, waving his ears for emphasis. If he'd been speaking, the tone would have been distinctly screechy and querulous. He let go and bounded off toward the covered stand containing the Mongolian beef.

Luce cleared his throat again, and Dia rolled his eyes as he led Kei and Ray toward the motley assemblage of Conservators and cultists, then towered behind the pair impassively.

Misaki glanced at the door and she smiled. There were precious few people who resembled wolves, and surely this fellow was Raymond. She placed her hand on Luce's arm to get his attention and then waved to Ray, beckoning him to join them.

"You must be Raymond," she said once he'd approached. "The Rabbit told us that you had looked into Allspice. Please, grab a plate of food and join us. Mr. Luce and I are also interested in this organization."

"Basically, we've brought you here to join in our quest to find out more about this Allspice company and what they're doing here in Bielefeld. We're told you, Ray, have information; and Kei, you might be interested on a personal level. You see, it seems someone has done something to Tasia. We're not quite sure yet what," said the ancient Roman.

(OOC - That's my last post on this for the time being, to keep the scene from getting too far ahead of Swith.)
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse