NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Jenny flinched to avoid Sophie entering the group. "Sure, now we have the upper claw against the boys." Jenny greeted. Swift stuck his tongue out for a mocking gesture for his displeasure at the balance. Now with girls outnumbering the boys, the children continued down the hall. Robert tipped over one of the marble busts of the Raptorverse dictator, revealing a hidden staircase going up behind the wall. "The waffalos are up here, but we should have hats before we round em' up. what is a cowboy without his hat?" Robert said. "...or cowgirl." Jenny added.



Without waiting for the Hors d'œuvre of Foie gras (or French onion soup for vegetarians) to be finished the plat principal was served. Pot-au-feu was served by the flying mechanical crows and several large Baguettes were placed to be shared. Although the meats served tasted and looked like they were supposed to, it was difficult to say if the duck liber was indeed duck or that the beef was beef.



"Now it sounds like you would be a good new nemesis, but it is too soon." Neil said to Levi as he tossed aside the vegetables and focused on the 'beef' in the stew. "I wonder where Bones is...he could never resist humiliating me." Neil pondered, hoping something horrible happened to him. It was this kind of contradictory thinking that kept him from succeeding against his various archenemies.

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12456
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Meanwhile in Bielefeld
Ozzall might have likened it to Hoth; Sig would have embraced it as home. Heavy snows had fallen through much of the night and most of Bielefeld was shut down from the weather.

Plows had done a decent job in the early evening but gave up the effort sometime before dawn. Children all over the city rejoiced at the news of school closures. They threw off their blankets, jumped from their beds, threw on their winter things and opened their front doors to discover a solid wall of snow that reached above their heads.

And it was still snowing.

Bane loathed his environment. He grumbled like a Grinch shaking his fist at Whoville and her inhabitants. Damn their carols and decorations, and shopping and merriment. Fuck them all and let their gods sort them.

He stepped from the warehouse, climbed atop a drift and threw his head back to roar. He was promptly knocked senseless by snow dropping from the roof. Bane, incorrigible and potent as he was, hated the season. To change it was to reveal himself. He weighed his options as he clawed the white blanket and slipped through the door once again. Hunting here was meager and now impossible. His food source seemed to have left town. He made up his mind to do something to change this.


Meanwhile, outside the Wilting Succubus, strangely pale men in grass skirts shivered in the cold as they waited for the helicopters. They still wore jackboots and black socks but they’d submitted to Klaus’ insistence in transforming their uniforms into Hawaiian shirts.

“You’re all albinos!” Klaus had barked at the Aryans over breakfast. “Albino Polynesians. Haven’t you ever heard of the Cloud People of Peru? Pale and blonde. Just fucking go with it unless you want to stay in this inn forever. You should be grateful to Hans for thinking up a clever ruse. Shut up and put your hula things on – or I’ll kill you.”

Nobody wanted to argue with the restored Avatar of War. This was because his threats were usually followed up with action. Grumbling, they sorted through the vegetation piles and selected fierce-faced masks carved from various tropical woods.


Meanwhile on the Island
A “native” village sprang up. It was deep in the jungle but Cuisine’s Cabaret was in walking distance. The cultists would change clothing before visiting it. They fully intended to portray natives at all other times. Heavily armed, cannibalistic natives. War’s cultists weren’t exactly vegetarian.

They arrived in small groups through a complex tunnel system to avoid detection by Bane and found their new digs much better than the miniscule quarters back at the inn. They began to put the finishing touches on their new temporary home. Their hearts were on the Ruins, however. Soon. Soon they'd reclaim it.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:50 pm

"Cowgirls and cowboys should be equally as cool, haven't any of you guys seen the Toy Story movies? Jessie's just as cool as Woody!" Rachelle giggled enthusiastically. Her favorite series of movies held true in her mind at least, that anyone could be cool! Well, Buzz Lightyear was still the coolest, but that was irrelevant at the time. They were going to see Waffalos!

"But yes, hats are mandatory, I'd say."

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12456
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:23 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:Jenny flinched to avoid Sophie entering the group. "Sure, now we have the upper claw against the boys." Jenny greeted. Swift stuck his tongue out for a mocking gesture for his displeasure at the balance. Now with girls outnumbering the boys, the children continued down the hall. Robert tipped over one of the marble busts of the Raptorverse dictator, revealing a hidden staircase going up behind the wall. "The waffalos are up here, but we should have hats before we round em' up. what is a cowboy without his hat?" Robert said. "...or cowgirl." Jenny added.


The BranRiech wrote:"Cowgirls and cowboys should be equally as cool, haven't any of you guys seen the Toy Story movies? Jessie's just as cool as Woody!" Rachelle giggled enthusiastically. Her favorite series of movies held true in her mind at least, that anyone could be cool! Well, Buzz Lightyear was still the coolest, but that was irrelevant at the time. They were going to see Waffalos!

"But yes, hats are mandatory, I'd say."

Sophie didn't know what cowboys were and had never heard of Toy Story but she was eager to play. "Your vather hazen sie hats, ja? Vee could borrowen zem?"

The funny talking lizards seemed nice enough. She was relieved that Jenny had allowed her to tag along.

"Oh," she added, "I am Sophie. Hello."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 am

"I never got why the toys hid when they were alive." Jenny said to Rachelle as they ascended the staircase. They saw the movies, but didn't quite understand why the toys never said they were alive. They knew some of their toys had been given life, but they never hid it. "Hello Sophie! I'm Jenny!" she greeted her new friend.

The staircase went up to a wood cabin in the middle of an indoor prairie and rolling hills that stretched out under the metal dome. It looked like a hunting cabin with a living room, dining area and small kitchen. Swift ran over to a corner and opened the old trunk full of hats and 'play' guns. He pulled out a stetson and a short-term "freeze-ray" that resembled a revolver. Jenny pulled out another cowboy hat and a lasso, while Robert pulled out just a hat. Outside the cabin the waffle buffalo hybrids roamed and grazed under the bright light that mimicked the sun.

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12456
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:13 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:"I never got why the toys hid when they were alive." Jenny said to Rachelle as they ascended the staircase. They saw the movies, but didn't quite understand why the toys never said they were alive. They knew some of their toys had been given life, but they never hid it. "Hello Sophie! I'm Jenny!" she greeted her new friend.

The staircase went up to a wood cabin in the middle of an indoor prairie and rolling hills that stretched out under the metal dome. It looked like a hunting cabin with a living room, dining area and small kitchen. Swift ran over to a corner and opened the old trunk full of hats and 'play' guns. He pulled out a stetson and a short-term "freeze-ray" that resembled a revolver. Jenny pulled out another cowboy hat and a lasso, while Robert pulled out just a hat. Outside the cabin the waffle buffalo hybrids roamed and grazed under the bright light that mimicked the sun.

(ooc: Swith won't be on tonight.)

"Oooooooooo!" Sophie's eyes widened. "I vishen mine house vas like zis."

"Good luck with that. It's not going to ever be, because you're stick in this stupid dimension and time period," Siduer sniffed and Sydney cuffed him for his cheek.

The twins slipped on Stetsons, Siduer preferring the funny freeze-ray gun while Sydney selected some odd gun that resembled a shotgun (because cowboys carried those in the black and white shows on the Old Fart Channel). Sophie was told to use her finger because War's daughter was too little to be allowed a gun. Sydney also gave her a lasso so Sophie could skip rope if she became bored.

They stepped onto the prairie grass and waited for Rachelle to hurry up.
Last edited by Cerillium on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:17 pm

"So they are real . . ."

Rachelle was in awe at the Waffalos. She donned her own hat, and listened to the chicks and their opinions on her favorite movies, but didn't respond. She saw the Waffalos and just started in awe. She gripped her own freeze ray nervously, not knowing the dangers of the situation, if there were any (There always was!), and noted Siduer's grumpy behavior, not knowing the cause of it.

Sophie seemed nice though, and was so freaking adorable!

"How are we gonna' do this?"

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12456
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:21 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
"So they are real . . ."

Rachelle was in awe at the Waffalos. She donned her own hat, and listened to the chicks and their opinions on her favorite movies, but didn't respond. She saw the Waffalos and just started in awe. She gripped her own freeze ray nervously, not knowing the dangers of the situation, if there were any (There always was!), and noted Siduer's grumpy behavior, not knowing the cause of it.

Sophie seemed nice though, and was so freaking adorable!

"How are we gonna' do this?"

"We need something to ride, like a real cowboy would," Siduer pronounced.

Sophie clapped her hands in merriment. "Like horse, ja?"

"No, not like a horse. Horses are big and hard to ride. We need something better."

He skirted the cabin in search of a puddle and then went to the kitchen to borrow a cup. "Say, Robert, you don't mind if we rustle up some "horses", do you?"
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 pm

"What is a cowboy without a horse or something to ride?" Robert replied to Sophie. "Mum said we can't talk those ponies into it." Swift added. The exact plan want clear, but they knew the way to the kitchen. All was left was to manipulate the waffalos that peacefully grazed.

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:46 pm

"Well I'll let you guys get our transport, not much I can do on that front, but what will we be riding? It doesn't look like we have horses, but it seems that you guys have that handled." Rachelle nodded, acknowledging her lack of powers or evil-genius skills with a respectful tip of her hat, something she'd always wanted to do. She was probably in the same boat as Sophie, but she didn't know yet.

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14305
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Yoshi fidgeted a bit in his seat. The raptors still made him a bit uneasy, but they HAD saved him, even if they had taken his liver and eaten it. At least they hadn't eaten all of him or left him to die. He smoothed his kimono out, having had time to change before leaving, and looked at Katya with a smile. Even when pregnant she had a lovely figure.


Blossom had passed out at the table due to her dippyness, but was now awake. "Um, pardon my absence." she blushed. "I am Blossom and you are?" she asked the others at the table. Unlike humans, her face turned a light shade of purple when she blushed.

Tieria absent mindedly played with his glass and looked at those he was around. "Huh? I am sorry but I was day dreaming...." He had been, dreaming about Minerva. She had stood up to him. Usually whoever did that was marked for death, but he now admired her.
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12456
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Siduer held out the cup and Sydney stuck her finger into it. It was the same process they'd done in the playroom so long ago. Sophie was about to ask if the water made Sydney want to pee but her words were sucked right back into her mouth as several Tardigrade caused the cup to explode.

Rotund, multi-legged sausages landed on the grass and cast mournful faces at the varied offspring. It took the enlarged extremophiles a few seconds to realize their world had changed; Siduer took advantage of that by slipping lassos around their necks. He climbed aboard one and gestured for the others to take their mounts.

Sydney helped little Sophie onto a waterbear's back. "It's like riding a really fat pony with lots and lots of legs. A really fast, fat pony. So hold on, mkay? 'Cause did I mention they run really, really fast? They run reeeeeallly fast, Sophie, like Boopsie does back home."

The German girl's hands tightened on the "reins". She offered thumbs up to Sydney as the twin settled onto her own waterbear. "Now vee are real cowboy, ja? Vee roundink up zose vaffellos now!"

"We 'roundink' them up. You stay out of way and don't get trampled," Siduer recommended. "I'm not explaining to your dad why we brought you back all broken and bloody. Bloody, get it? Blood for the blood g-"

"Shut up, Siduer," the twin growled. The joke had gotten old centuries ago. She brought her waterbear alongside Rachelle and waited for the Raptor chicks to give the word.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:22 pm

The chicks chirped with glee, hopping aboard the now macroscopic creatures that looked familiar. "Git 'long little doggies!" Jenny exclaimed with a fake Texan accent. Swift led the charge into the herd with a loose idea of a strategy. On the far side over the hill a large airlock sat. "Gotta move 'em up there." Robert informed pointing to the distant metal door. The metal was painted sky blue, like the rest of the dome. "Conservatory 8" was painted in cloud white overhead the cabin they came from.

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:33 pm

"Ooooh!" Rachelle squee'd with joy at the creatures. They sure were weird ones, that was for sure! Well, in the essence of "There's a first time for everything", and that being amplified by living at the apartment, Rachelle hopped onto her own Water Bear and tried finding purchase for her hands, before failing and simply grabbing the rope tied around it after realizing it was there.

"Hey, those Waffalos aren't going to wait around to be 'round up!"

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12456
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Siduer's heels jabbed the waterbear's sides and the sausage bolted towards the herd. Syndey called to her friends and followed her brother.

It took an almost impossible level of effort to convince Sophie's mount to move at all. The creature finally trotted after its companions of its own accord, dismayed at being left behind, and the little girl clenched her teeth to stop them from rattling together.

"Vat.... vee.... doink vith.... zese.... affer.... vee...... catchen....."
Last edited by Cerillium on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:11 pm

"Gotta drive em' to the kitchen for waffles!" Swift answered Sophie as he prodded his waterbear forward, using his small sickle claws lightly for spurs. He and Robert diverged to one side of the herd as Jenny chose another side. "Yee-haw!" Jenny exclaimed in glee as they started targeting a small herd of six large waffalos, nearly twice as large as the waterbears and their riders.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:30 pm

(OOC - Quick replies to keep up/unfreeze people. Back later.)

A sack suddenly appeared with a muted flash on Sophie's waterbear. It shook and a pair of long, narrow ears poked out, swiveling this way and that, followed by the rest of MB's head. He waved.

Hello. On the hunt, I hear!

Erucia wrote:
Ray smirked and gave a comic-fueled huff for a brief moment, taking the words into careful consideration. Perhaps he should be more grateful of the new body: after all, he could either be dead or in toilet-form. The thought sent a slight shiver down his spine, sending his hairs standing at the silly yet horrific fate.

"Yes, that's a very good point. Perhaps if I'm bad to the raptors, that's what they'll do to me," he followed up to Luce, giving him a warm smile. "Stuffed full of mechanical contraptions far beyond the scope of the human imagination. Perhaps we should give them more credit: they are geniuses, if maddened ones at that.

"Although...I am a little curious: do you yourself retain your body? I'm sure you must've received some form of modification or another, unless the methods of the Conservators are different than I assumed."


"For me? Yes. All of what you see here is human flesh and blood. More or less." Luce smoothed down his shirt. "I've never given any thought to what makes us who we are, though. And yes, the raptors would be holy terrors if completely let loose."

Swith Witherward wrote:
"Cuisine! Hans!" The ball of energy bopped over to them and hugged them in turn, planting a kiss on their cheek as she did so.

Cuisine was Naomi's favorite chef in the world. Then again, Naomi didn't know many chefs to begin with, but the tall man was quirky and friendly and made some outstanding grub... Naomi had always wanted to ask him for lessons... so he naturally fell high up on her list of Good People I Like Lots. It's uncertain if Cuisine would want to actually share that list. Aegis' name was on it, as was a few other dark denizens of the building. Kindly chefs and homicidal maniacs. Naomi was a strange being.

She eyed Hans a moment. "Aren't you hot in that wool? Why don't you just do like Klaus does and make it a Nazi desert uniform? You know, the khaki shorts and socks, and boots, and cotton shirt with the funny symbols on the collar and the funny hat? Then you'll be dressed right."

The godling grinned at both and then scampered off, interrupting Levi and Neil long enough to give the raptor a hug and sprinkle his snout with kisses. She moved on after that, a little butterfly happy to flit amongst her friends and share the love.


Hans chewed his bottom lip, dredged his memory and nodded. Sure, there was sand here. It was hot. It would only make sense to be appropriately attired. And thus it was so. Hans tucked his shirt into his shorts to even out the material and then placed the cap on his head.

"Where were we? Ah, Chrys!" He led Cuisine towards her table and took a seat across from her.


"Hello, N - " Cuisine started to reply, but she was already gone. He shook his head, smiling and rubbing his cheek. "She's quite amazing," he observed in an undertone. Taking off his hat, he set it upright on the table.

Chrys turned briefly to Hans with a slight widening of the eyes. "Hi, guys. It seems like forever since we've seen each other; though probably the bustle of daily life had to do with it. Wouldn't you agree, Blossom?"

Cerillium wrote:
A snort escaped Ogoti. He pursed his lips. "We have today and beyond to live. Let's not dwell on the past."

It was an artful dodge. The cynicism lurking just under his skin hadn't been present a year ago. Recent events dredged it from his soul's depths and deposited it extremely close to the surface. Bane. Thriller's death. Atosh. Rumors of a traitor in the Conservators' ranks. Dora snatched off the street. His mistrust sprung from ancient fears and the realization that the cycle seemed to be repeating. He didn't want to think of connections or conspiracies. I'll cling to denial just a little longer. There's food. Companionship. An entire island to enjoy.

"The last time we stood on a beach together, you were wondering about the future. Have you given any more thought to your plans?"


"Not in particular, no. I had a talk with Giovenith, after the fight in the dining room back at the building. A lot of things remain unresolved, but I'm going to try to simplify my life a little bit. Get back to as close to normal as I can remember it." Dora tucked both her arms loosely around one of Ogoti's - one hand on his wrist and the other wrapped around his elbow. "I think going to dinner, having drinks, and a walk down the beach would be a good start."

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14305
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Blossom nodded. "I have been busy lately and I really can't go out during the day because of my...condition. It makes social interaction difficult sometimes." she said, twiddling and playing with her hair. She looked around the room for any type of blood. Wasn't there any blood here? Oh well, she could hunt down and kill something later. Maybe share it with Toscha?
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Rachelle simply stuck with the group, attempting to keep the Water-Bear under somewhat control, and followed along with the heard. "So wait!" She shouted, talking in-between bumping and gallops. "What do we-" She huffed. "-Use the guns for?!" She shouted over the din of the stampede they were following, leading them towards the kitchen airlock (Or so Rachelle assumed)

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12456
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:39 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:"Gotta drive em' to the kitchen for waffles!" Swift answered Sophie as he prodded his waterbear forward, using his small sickle claws lightly for spurs. He and Robert diverged to one side of the herd as Jenny chose another side. "Yee-haw!" Jenny exclaimed in glee as they started targeting a small herd of six large waffalos, nearly twice as large as the waterbears and their riders.

Siduer followed Robert and Swift while Sydney veered towards Jenny and hoped Rachelle was behind them.

Sophie didn't veer in any direction. The waffalos grew in size as she neared them. First they were smallish and cute. Then they were biggish and not so cute. Now they were massive and stank like a grassy bakery. Her water bear assessed the impending doom and put on a burst of speed to carry her from their path. She squealed and tightened her grip. The water bear left a dusty trail in his wake.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Urran wrote:Blossom nodded. "I have been busy lately and I really can't go out during the day because of my...condition. It makes social interaction difficult sometimes." she said, twiddling and playing with her hair. She looked around the room for any type of blood. Wasn't there any blood here? Oh well, she could hunt down and kill something later. Maybe share it with Toscha?


Chrys gave a mental shrug to test her earlier frantic idea. Probably not the best time; the vampire seemed distracted.

What is she looking for? Though I guess the answer to my question is no, if she feels secure enough to zone out at the raptors' dinner.

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14305
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:46 pm

" Are you okay Chrys?" Blossom asked. "You seem troubled..." Blossom's animal like instincts had picked up on Chrys's mood. Maybe she was just imagining it? Or maybe it was a secret. Either way, she was concerned for the Conservator.
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
Erucia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5509
Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:"For me? Yes. All of what you see here is human flesh and blood. More or less." Luce smoothed down his shirt. "I've never given any thought to what makes us who we are, though. And yes, the raptors would be holy terrors if completely let loose."

"Hmph. I suppose that it makes you lucky, or at least unique, amongst the apartment group....Oh, how I remember those days of humanity. Even with my changed appearance, I could at least call myself human before...this," Ray pointed to himself with almost a sense of shame. He seemed to take some pride in his humanity, and sighed at the thought that he held less of it in the modern times.

"But perhaps I should be less distrustful of the non-human side of me: it is a gift that not many have, after all, to be reborn like I have been. Although I am unsure of what else the raptors snuck in underneath." He shuddered for a few moments, obviously uneasy at the thought. "I should try not to think of it.

"Although to take thought away from it, what exactly is the toolset of a conservator?"
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12456
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
A sack suddenly appeared with a muted flash on Sophie's waterbear. It shook and a pair of long, narrow ears poked out, swiveling this way and that, followed by the rest of MB's head. He waved.

Hello. On the hunt, I hear!

Erucia wrote:
Ray smirked and gave a comic-fueled huff for a brief moment, taking the words into careful consideration. Perhaps he should be more grateful of the new body: after all, he could either be dead or in toilet-form. The thought sent a slight shiver down his spine, sending his hairs standing at the silly yet horrific fate.

"Yes, that's a very good point. Perhaps if I'm bad to the raptors, that's what they'll do to me," he followed up to Luce, giving him a warm smile. "Stuffed full of mechanical contraptions far beyond the scope of the human imagination. Perhaps we should give them more credit: they are geniuses, if maddened ones at that.

"Although...I am a little curious: do you yourself retain your body? I'm sure you must've received some form of modification or another, unless the methods of the Conservators are different than I assumed."


"For me? Yes. All of what you see here is human flesh and blood. More or less." Luce smoothed down his shirt. "I've never given any thought to what makes us who we are, though. And yes, the raptors would be holy terrors if completely let loose."

Swith Witherward wrote:
"Cuisine! Hans!" The ball of energy bopped over to them and hugged them in turn, planting a kiss on their cheek as she did so.

Cuisine was Naomi's favorite chef in the world. Then again, Naomi didn't know many chefs to begin with, but the tall man was quirky and friendly and made some outstanding grub... Naomi had always wanted to ask him for lessons... so he naturally fell high up on her list of Good People I Like Lots. It's uncertain if Cuisine would want to actually share that list. Aegis' name was on it, as was a few other dark denizens of the building. Kindly chefs and homicidal maniacs. Naomi was a strange being.

She eyed Hans a moment. "Aren't you hot in that wool? Why don't you just do like Klaus does and make it a Nazi desert uniform? You know, the khaki shorts and socks, and boots, and cotton shirt with the funny symbols on the collar and the funny hat? Then you'll be dressed right."

The godling grinned at both and then scampered off, interrupting Levi and Neil long enough to give the raptor a hug and sprinkle his snout with kisses. She moved on after that, a little butterfly happy to flit amongst her friends and share the love.


Hans chewed his bottom lip, dredged his memory and nodded. Sure, there was sand here. It was hot. It would only make sense to be appropriately attired. And thus it was so. Hans tucked his shirt into his shorts to even out the material and then placed the cap on his head.

"Where were we? Ah, Chrys!" He led Cuisine towards her table and took a seat across from her.


"Hello, N - " Cuisine started to reply, but she was already gone. He shook his head, smiling and rubbing his cheek. "She's quite amazing," he observed in an undertone. Taking off his hat, he set it upright on the table.

Chrys turned briefly to Hans with a slight widening of the eyes. "Hi, guys. It seems like forever since we've seen each other; though probably the bustle of daily life had to do with it. Wouldn't you agree, Blossom?"

Cerillium wrote:
A snort escaped Ogoti. He pursed his lips. "We have today and beyond to live. Let's not dwell on the past."

It was an artful dodge. The cynicism lurking just under his skin hadn't been present a year ago. Recent events dredged it from his soul's depths and deposited it extremely close to the surface. Bane. Thriller's death. Atosh. Rumors of a traitor in the Conservators' ranks. Dora snatched off the street. His mistrust sprung from ancient fears and the realization that the cycle seemed to be repeating. He didn't want to think of connections or conspiracies. I'll cling to denial just a little longer. There's food. Companionship. An entire island to enjoy.

"The last time we stood on a beach together, you were wondering about the future. Have you given any more thought to your plans?"


"Not in particular, no. I had a talk with Giovenith, after the fight in the dining room back at the building. A lot of things remain unresolved, but I'm going to try to simplify my life a little bit. Get back to as close to normal as I can remember it." Dora tucked both her arms loosely around one of Ogoti's - one hand on his wrist and the other wrapped around his elbow. "I think going to dinner, having drinks, and a walk down the beach would be a good start."

Sophie glanced to the side, her eyes wide as the water bear's speed increased. "Hallo Herr Bunny," she chattered through her teeth, "Vee no catchink zem zis vay. Zey no schtopping visout hittink zomsing?"

She'd decided to leave the roundup to the bigger children. Her "hand" gun wasn't really useful outside of Pretend and she'd dropped her lasso a while back. She hoped the others would share the harvest once the animals were caught.




Hans listened to the exchange between Chrys and Blossom. Chrys' body language spoke of tension but her expression conveyed the need to cover whatever angst she was experiencing. She'd seemed tensed prior to his approaching so he could only assume other things were stirring in their caves. Even the proximity of the raptors themselves or the vampire could be contributing factors. He shrugged.

Feh. Vampires were vampires.

"It hasn't been an easy job for our factions recently," he volunteered in the hope of helping Chrys out. "We don't relax even on holiday. It takes a while to slip out of that tense mindset."

The cultist leader eyed Blossom's cup. "Don't you like the blood?" The cups had provided other people with their favored beverage; Blossom's cup should as well. If not, then it would be orange juice but vampires didn't drink orange juice so the contents would naturally be blood. Thus it was blood because Hans knew it to be. War's cultists' "magic" was weirdly helpful at times.




Ogoti leaned towards Dora and tenderly pressed his temple against the side of her head. "Simplification. Simple! Let's enjoy whatever feast these raptors have prepared. Then perhaps we'll grab a bottle of wine, sit on the sand and look at the constellations? It's been a while since I've star gazed. Perfect night for it."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14305
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Blossom sniffed as Han's mentioned blood and then noticed her cup. She wondered how she had not noticed that before and she sipped at it hungrily and licked her lips of the sticky, red liquid. She hoped that it did not come from a sentient source, but since it was probably from a magical source, she did not let the question bother her much.
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cainesland, Dyelli Beybi, G-Tech Corporation, Holy Tedalonia, New Cobastheia, Ralnis, Utceforp

Advertisement

Remove ads