NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:37 pm

"Um, yea...see ya, Yuna.", Torii waved again, this time not as cheerful or energetic. Her friends were going off to pack for the trip tomorrow, so she might as well do it, too. It wasn't like she had anyone else to see anyways....

She quietly excused herself from the table and left the room, taking the little mouse in her shirt with her. She took a last bit of a carrot, wondering if mice liked carrots like bunnies did, and handed it to the rodent before leaving and making her way to her apartment.

Katya still wasn't home. She didn't show up to the dinner. The room was still cold and dark, having been vacant since Tora went to the feast.

"Probably still fucking, leaving me here all by myself. Doesn't she have ANY kind of responsibility? I'm her fucking sibling!"

No use fettering over now. She'd say something later. She wasn't in the mood to be angry; she needed to think for a while. She crashed into the bed and flipped on the television for some comfort. The dog tried getting up, but Torii lightly pushed it away, and even put her mouse away, and shrank into the sheets, quivering.

She thought about the great time she had for a few minutes, and how excited she was to be going back to her second favorite place in the world (Her dad's homestead was always #1), and how they'd make "The most bitch'in clubhouse/bunker in the world", and how she was going to fix up her hut and experience all the nostalgia....after that, though, she had more serious stuff to think about. She thought about the event that transpired just hours earlier, and what she had learned about her Girlfriend. It pained her to think about it, but she knew she had to, or else it would just fester and explode soon, and she couldn't express it to anyone.

She thought about how after Lidev had left her that note and gone, and how heartbroken she was that her first real partner was gone, and then she remembered how Tsu was the first person she had even seen back in Vaffleheim, and how the two were alike. She remembered how, even though she wasn't very bright, she was always cheerful and encouraging, and that drew Tora to her. She remembered how everyone came to hate Tsu, and that made Torii angry and determined to defend her, even if it meant making enemies of her own "family", and how the two had nicknames, and spent time together, and how she was always sorry for missing something, and how Tsu was always excitedly talking about how they would one day get married, and it would be so brilliant, and that's when it really hit Tora. She remembered the promise, and their marriage, and their secrets, and it tore her up to where her heart literally panged and throbbed, and it felt like she was slowly dying. She remembered the time that she got prettied up and got a dress, and Tsu didn't even show up to the party, or Tsu's absences, and she almost felt anger, but then she remembered Tsu's sincere apologies and her hating herself for being late, and she knew that Tsu always really loved her, even with all those problems, and Torii was starting to cry again. She went on like this for a long time, until the sheets and pillows were soaked, and she felt like she was going to puke, and it felt good. When it was all over with, Tora was relieved, and felt at peace for the time being. She felt at peace with Tsu, but now she was also feeling angry; angry about why Tsu left. Yes, Tsu left without so much as even a note. Maybe there was just nobody who would even read the note; after all, everybody did hate her. Maybe Tsu left because of trouble? It would make sense. Everyone wanted to knock her down, even those damned adults and their childish grudges and bickering.

Torii never liked them much, anyway. Maybe she could get'em one day, for Tsu...

But that was one day. Now, Torii just needed a drink; not as in, one of her sisters old bottles of wine, or the whiskey she kept hidden behind the headboard, but just some cold water, or tea...yea, tea. Everything would be better with a cup of tea, and maybe some music. Maybe Torii should dig out her guitar tomorrow. She could really express herself with it on the island, much more then her old Les Paul, which required an amp and electricity. She'd think about it tomorrow, or before going to bed...wait, she still had one thing to do.

Sitting up at the kitchen counter, watching TV and sipping her tea, Torii hoisted up and flipped open the little diary that Giovenith had given her, and grabbed a black pen from off of the top of the microwave, and began looking for the next page. She had already added several long entries, though it wasn't an "every day" diary, and dates were sporadic.

In her best cursive handwriting, she began.

Thanksgiving Day, 2013

So I found out today that Tsu was gone. There wasn't even so much as a note, just nothing. I don't know why she would do this, and I feel so...I don't know how to describe it. I feel like it isn't real, if that makes any sense. I feel sad that Tsu is gone, and I feel mad because I feel like some of the others actually interacting with each other would have fucking prevented her from leaving!

Giovenith helped me get through it again, even though we disagreed a bit. We may have very differing thoughts and behaviors, but she's always there to help me, and she's so sweet, even when she's being frustrating. I guess that since Tsu isn't around for me anymore, that makes the Godling my best friend here. Well, anyway, best friend that's actually my age. Speaking of kids my age, me, Gio, and Yuna hung out at the feast, and it was really fun. For a darkie, Yuna is really cool, and I actually like those Pyersai, or whatever they're called. They have cool wings. We all agreed to build a kickass clubhouse at the island, and I figured we could use the old bunker that Dear Lidev built all those months ago. It's run-down and musty, and I wasn't using it, so we'll give it a better use, and it's right behind the hut, too. Ya know, I think I'll put pictures of Lidev and Tsu all over the place when I get there.

P.S., I remembered that note, the little red one with the heart sticker? I can't believe that thing is still around! So glad nobody found it and read it, that would've been so embarrassing! I'll give it to her sometime in the future, if I still have any motivation. God, I'm so awkward sometimes. I wish my sister was a help.

I miss you, Tsu~

Her job done, Torii clasped the book shut, and carefully climbed up to the top of the heavy wooden cover over the bed, and slipped her diary far enough on it so that nobody would see, then crashed back into the bed to finish the night with TV and music.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
He nodded politely his mass withering slightly as the various organs and unseemly things beneath the yellow tapestry quivered. They made a series of wet sloshing sounds as they did giving the impression he was on the verge of bursting at the seams. “I am pleased to hear that” he replied his glass filling and then suddenly emptying without being touched in the slightest. “Your pantheons forgiveness shall be well noted and not soon forgotten. As for this avatar I confess I had not thought of your company I chose it simply because i knew you would recognize it" He paused for a long time partially because the space around him was beginning to sour and need reconstructing lest it spill open the decay of reality, and partially because he simply wasn’t the most talkative of the Great Old Ones. With no small amount of awkwardness he continued “If I may pry you and your kin seemed a bit on edge, any particular reason?”

Meanwhile the Luxans were still on the floor now visibly panic stricken and rigid their bodies covered in sweat.

"Sorry I'm late," a fourth voice joined their mental chorus. Klaus had vanished from Volturius' shoulder and passed through the kitchen once he heard that Hastur had come to call.

He brushed by the Luxans and found his seat.

"Arrangements have been made for departure tomorrow."

His attention focused on Hastur as he weighed the decision to include the god in their plans. They'd talked about a diversion but he hadn't wanted to risk another pantheon. It would equally unfair to not alert Hastur however.

"This place is too public," he finally ventured, conveying the thought to his siblings and Hastur. "Swith's Lair and shrine are in the lower levels of this building. It would be best to discuss dark matters there, away from prying minds and mortal foolishness."

Hastur decides against joining the Chaos Pantheon in whatever discussion they were about to engage in as he was sure that the others of his kind would not want to intertwine their two groups any further. The Great Old Ones and Outer Gods had a very isolationist view when dealing with outsiders and he was sure that whatever they were fussing about was little concern of his.

“I’m afraid I must depart as I have other works to attend to but I thank you for your forgiveness and hospitality.”

He rises from his seat giving each of them a bowing gesture before strolling back over the Luxan who are still firmly cemented to the ground. They are ragged and in a poor state as fear unlike anything anyone has ever seen floods through their body. These are people who have shone apathy in the face of a million other evils much more intimidating than the thing standing before them now. Their skin was pale and sticky with the sweat and tears that had silently been forming since the beginning of the evening.

The Kings various tendrils quickly grapple each of their necks in a vice like grip that slowly and effortlessly chokes the life out of them in a slow and painful manner. None of them move to stop him and none of them offer a single syllable of protest as their bodies are mangled. Blood begins to pool in their eyes, nostril and mouth as the veils in their throats explode under the pressure filling their head with sticky red fluid.

He pulls his hands away once they are dead and waits a few second during which time their bodies spasm briefly before lurching up right as the ReAnima in their bodies revives them. The King quick sends another tentacle after them this time burrowing through the flesh at the base of each of their spines and coiling around their spinal columns grinding them to dust under the pressure. All of the Luxan’s mouth open in a scream of agony but they fear for their lives and dare not scream. The pain they feel is amplified to a point where not even their masochism can block it out. If the pain of being roasted alive was a single drop then this was a seething ocean.

They final die a second time before coming back just as they had done the first time and the King finishes by coiling around each of their limbs and breaking them in five places with a sickening set of wet snapping sounds. The still living forms of the three worshippers lay in twisted knots of sinew and muscle as the hooded yellow figure returned into the puddle in the kitchen and vanished into its depth.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:45 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Hastur decides against joining the Chaos Pantheon in whatever discussion they were about to engage in as he was sure that the others of his kind would not want to intertwine their two groups any further. The Great Old Ones and Outer Gods had a very isolationist view when dealing with outsiders and he was sure that whatever they were fussing about was little concern of his.

“I’m afraid I must depart as I have other works to attend to but I thank you for your forgiveness and hospitality.”

He rises from his seat giving each of them a bowing gesture before strolling back over the Luxan who are still firmly cemented to the ground. They are ragged and in a poor state as fear unlike anything anyone has ever seen floods through their body. These are people who have shone apathy in the face of a million other evils much more intimidating than the thing standing before them now. Their skin was pale and sticky with the sweat and tears that had silently been forming since the beginning of the evening.

The Kings various tendrils quickly grapple each of their necks in a vice like grip that slowly and effortlessly chokes the life out of them in a slow and painful manner. None of them move to stop him and none of them offer a single syllable of protest as their bodies are mangled. Blood begins to pool in their eyes, nostril and mouth as the veils in their throats explode under the pressure filling their head with sticky red fluid.

He pulls his hands away once they are dead and waits a few second during which time their bodies spasm briefly before lurching up right as the ReAnima in their bodies revives them. The King quick sends another tentacle after them this time burrowing through the flesh at the base of each of their spines and coiling around their spinal columns grinding them to dust under the pressure. All of the Luxan’s mouth open in a scream of agony but they fear for their lives and dare not scream. The pain they feel is amplified to a point where not even their masochism can block it out. If the pain of being roasted alive was a single drop then this was a seething ocean.

They final die a second time before coming back just as they had done the first time and the King finishes by coiling around each of their limbs and breaking them in five places with a sickening set of wet snapping sounds. The still living forms of the three worshippers lay in twisted knots of sinew and muscle as the hooded yellow figure returned into the puddle in the kitchen and vanished into its depth.

"A friend for Charumati." Ogoti watched as Hastur obliged his followers. Well, perhaps that wasn't the right word. It was if you belonged to 'Nesh however. Pain is pleasure. Hastur's personal touch was much appreciated by him. So few gods dispensed with a hands-on approach.

Klaus looked away. He preferred swift and brutal death on a battlefield. It really was his sister's cup of tea and one he found too bitter to stomach. "I'm not cleaning up their excrement. I suppose we'll scrape them into bags and throw them in the cargo hold tomorrow morning, if they haven't come around."

Ogoti paid him little heed. He was fascinated by the Luxan's ability to regenerate as well as the self-discipline it took to not utter a sound. They were good and faithful servants in his mind. The Luxans would lose standing, however, if they mended themselves yet failed to express gratitude for the immense gift given them by their god just now.

It wasn't his place to heal them. They chose their pantheon, embracing it and not supplicating to his own. To be sure, the experience wasn't much different than what was endured by his own faction. Perseverance and survival; what didn't kill only made one stronger. Hit them with something destructive yet they return and weep for joy. Ogoti sat back in his chair and continued to observe them.

Klaus finished his wine. "We're leaving in the morning. Stay up all night and entertain yourself. I'm going to bed." He offered his hand to Minerva. Ogoti could revel in the Luxan's plight until the sun rose and the birds sang in joyful chorus; he'd rather fuck. At least the twins were asleep and had missed the floor show.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:20 am

Erucia wrote:"Ow~...Could you not grab my fur like that?", Ray flinched rather annoyed at MB's action. The feeling of his fur being pulled on by MB while he did his rather interesting move was certainly an annoyance, despite any interest in the move that Ray held.

Of course, he felt much better when MB let go, although he also sighed, considering that Ray felt MB really wasn't listening anymore and instead was focused on the Mongolian beef. "Well...I do have some information, not much. I didn't really score over too well with them during my little case with them, and I didn't gather much. But is there any way that this can wait, or perhaps be talked over in more private quarters? I'm rather tired in the realm of doing business for the day, and I do need to get something in my stomach that's food-related.

"Perhaps, if you feel it's entirely necessary right now, I could get something to eat and we could speak of it in my quarters? Otherwise, and I know that this is likely important, I'd like to get some kind of rest."

Luce glanced at Misaki. He felt certain the cultist wouldn't mind taking a break, as they were all close to the front of the buffet line in any case.

"Well, I don't think it would be any trouble to get some food, true. But as far as speaking more privately, there's no need for that. Between our two groups as well as Miss Kei, I'm sure we'll be able to provide all the cover someone could wish for. Besides, very few people would wish to tangle with someone his size." Luce pointed at Dia, who was now peering speculatively in the direction of the racket being produced by a piano, angel, daemonette, and moderately damaged goat falling down a staircase. "So please, grab a plate and eat your fill at leisure, and we shall do the same."

Cerillium wrote:"You're welcome," Hans stroked her thumb with his own, a simple gesture meant to reassure.

"My thoughts are dark, Chrys. Allspice has managed to dispense with one of your own people and implant that thing in her place. This doesn't sit easy with me. Why would they do it? They'd have to have knowledge of your people in order to pull that off and we have no idea how they came by it. How long has that Tasia replicant been here? How much information has it gained? We have to assume they now know how your organization works. Then again, they always seem to know exactly what gifts to give to people. It's likely they have working knowledge of most groups here. I wouldn't go so far as to say they'd understand my own faction or any of Chaos' forces. They lack a daemon therefore they're cut off from our communication sources. They can only guess. This whole thing troubles me. I want to know what they've done with your sister Conservator."

He opened the Building door for her and they passed through. The celebration was in full swing when they arrived in the dining room. He took note of the Cthulhu god and of seldom seen faces before locating Luce.

Hans immediately found himself plunged into an awkward situation. Dia was there. Hans immediately sized him up and recognized their differences. Dia was loud and jovial. He was so diametrically opposite. Hans couldn't place his finger on it and was merely speculating, of course. Chrys' mate would be entertaining to ride with into battle but seemed a loose cannon who used his gregarious nature to his advantage. He sincerely hoped the man wouldn't attempt to touch him. Hosts (and their daemons) preferred physical contact be made on their terms.

The cultist leader lurked on the fringe of the conversation. He stood silently as people were introduced and thoughts bantered. He wanted nothing more than to escape but his face and body language remained passive. Thankfully, he wasn't still holding Chrys' hand.

"Thank the Sands for that," Chrys replied, exhaling slowly, put more at ease by the touch. "Who knows what these people could do if they were familiar with who and what you are?"

She reached the outer edge of the line, which was now much shorter. Picking up a pair of cups, she passed one to Hans, and filled hers with Dr Pepper. At last, she thought. Something I'm used to. Learning new things every day is all well and good, until it's something I don't want to learn.

She refused to address his other points; the endless list of possibilities scrolling through her mind was too much to bear. For right now, she wanted to concentrate on enjoying herself, at least for tonight.

"Come on," she said instead, breaking her brief silence. "I'll introduce you to the others."
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:27 am

Cerillium wrote:
"Don't piss him off," Thomas warned. "They play pranks on you when you do that. Sometimes nasty pranks, too."

"Eh, we do the same. What's to fear. All's respected here, Thomas."

"Wot's he doing here?"

"Eating, Thomas. Just look. 'E's cleaned 'is plate."

"Yeah, but don't piss him off, just the same."

They hadn't dealings with the Courts, Winter or Summer. They hadn't seen the Fae before and were on unfamiliar grounds.

"Summer Court, you say? Well then, Dan, I think you'll enjoy tomorrow. The whole lot of us is moving to the Island for the month." Pete's smile spoke of fresh merriment to be had.

Thomas scratched his head. "Are you Seelie, then?"

"Aw, Thomas, don't ask 'im that. Don't be a busybody."

"So I've heard at the meeting," Dan said with a nod in reference to the island while he finished off the butternut squash that was sweetened to perfection in his opinion. Though he hardly counted his judgment valid since it was his first real taste at mortal cuisine. The texture was soft, mushy and the orange hue of it gave it a disarming look. Dan could safely say he would be addicted to this if it was around for constant consumption.

Not a bad idea, Dan mused to himself. He didn't like to eat meat, reminding him of Fae's aversion to killing animals for sustenance or sport. Though the turkey was amazing, he had given a wish and prayer that it was serving a purpose he wouldn't dare to comprehend. Though from the looks of what was left, the intent was clear. Still, he was thankful and made a note not to deviate from a vegetarian diet too much.

A laugh escaped his lips at the question of his alignment and the warning that came with it from Pete. He couldn't help it, they were right. Fae's loved to skirt to the very edge of a truth that made it almost a lie, but never so. They played tricks, pranks, and indirect methods that any mortal, immortal, or other would find infuriating yet couldn't hold it against the Courts as long as it served the primary objective and truth behind it. Ironic then, that truth in itself was a weapon that so deadly that no power could hold against it and Faes were known to use it to extremes.

For all of Dan's age, he was nothing but a child in the politics of the Faes. While looking near 30 in human terms and 150 in Fae standards, Dan was essentially a teenager still learning his place and exiled to the mortal realm to top it off. He knew what it was like to be a victim, a tool and not having the will - the free will - to do anything of it. "I am Seelie," he said after the laugh, wiping his mouth with a napkin and hiding his thoughts. He looked to Pete and Thomas at the same time with all doubt and affirmation replaced upon his features, "And its okay, I still haven't figured out everything in the political and scheming methods of the Fae. Though you are right, we love to play pranks, tricks, anything that get you to do what we want in the end. I..." he paused, his eyes shifted a bit upon his plate as a virtual cloud seemingly loomed over him at the mention of his own experience, "Have been a participant of various ulterior motives not of my choosing. I'm only just realizing how deep and far these actions have their effects."

Placing the fork down that he was playing around with with his food and hadn't realized it until now, Dan continued, "I'm not a threat to you or any other. I've been... exiled, to a certain extent. I don't want to cause to any trouble, but I also have to adapt to this world. Maybe," he paused again hesitantly, his features now a bit hopeful as it was about as much hope as he could get in this strange realm, "You two could help me with this when we move to the island? And if there's anything I could help within my abilities and within reason you can have it."

above left for response, jumping Dan to lobby the next morning.

Dan had gathered his belongings into a small luggage, mostly things meant for summer instead of winter which he was looking forward to considering his natural aversion to the cold. He took the lava lamp as well, the only decoration that wasn't part of the apartment. He wondered if Six would be on the island but didn't think too much on it. He got to the lobby and took a seat and waited like everyone else that was currently there.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:16 am

Cerillium wrote:
Blythe looked at the state of the piano and at all the loose feathers fluttered to the floor. A giggle erupted from her and quickly turned into a playful laugh.

"Oops," she gasped and broke into laughter once more.

Xanthe accepted Superbia's support as he extracted her from the piano's harp. "Oh dear, we've killed it," she bemoaned. The catastrophe had driven away her sad state and taken her mind off of Lucius.

Germanic Templars wrote:Dr. Smith nodded and followed her. Barox, in the meantime, would start a slow climb off his bed and an even slower movement towards the closet. It wasn't so much the drugs, it was also a bit of him being a bit tired, which might also be the drugs too. He opened the closet and quickly got dressed back into his casual clothing.

The computer allowed Dr. Smith to access the scans and other findings. It was possible for him to zoom in on the digital images. The chip could clearly be seen.

Wren nervously stood off to the side and allowed him to review everything.

"Will he be able to travel?" she asked after a while.

"Eh, just a piano. A stupid instrument anyway." Superbia looked at the two of them. "I'm bored of this place now, can we go to the island?"

"No!" Dr.Smith yelled as he stilled looked at the screen."No, no, no, no, no, no, no! That son-of-a-bitch didn't place what I think he did!" He then turned to Wren. "And yes, he is fine. Though to be honest I will have to get that chip out at the island if that is the case."

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:51 am

Calvin read the note, uncertain as to what 'fumigated' meant; it took the assistant's brief search to find the archaic old word, elaborating for the man. This didn't exactly fill him with joy, after all, he had only just got here himself and was now being shuttled off to some island somewhere. What was important, however, was that he get his apparatus set up. He set down his belongings, eyeing the luggage bag he would likely convert for the purposes of this excursion. He opened the container holding the masks he would use, each essentially a triangular mask that was fitted around the nose and mouth. As soon as he applied it, he felt it grip his face.

A sudden rush of what to him felt like clean, healthy air entered his lungs, each breath now filtered and modified. Of course, these were intended for temporary usage, he would need to find some way to adapt them for permanent use, lest he suffer an existence coughing all the time and dying prematurely. For now, though, he felt much better, but was certainly aware that he would have to constantly take it off and put it back on, he still had his habitual ways, his cravings were stronger than his own personal laziness in this plain.

Alas, tomorrow he would be forced into transition to this distant place whether he liked it or not. He rose from his relaxed position, briefly looking himself over in the mirror, noting how strange he appeared with the device on his face - he'd have a hard time explaining this and he knew, people around here were annoyingly curious. This was something he was apprehensive about, almost as much as the entire endeavor altogether. He began sorting things he would need over a trip that would last for however long, pulling the luggage back on to the bed and pulling out things he could leave here, while letting alone those he would take with. All the while, the Assistant began it's work on necessary modifications to the masks which it projected would increase their longevity by 300%, so it said. Whether or not it would was yet to be seen, if at all, dependant on it's resourcefulness.
{{{PRAISE THE CLEANSING FIRE, EMBRACE THE BURNING LIGHT}}}

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:31 am

Cerillium wrote:
"Don't worry, you look fine," Caroline said as she smoothed his suit's lapels.

The holiday feast was winding down by the time they arrived. The food was still plentiful but most people had finished and were engaged in quiet conversations. Conservators and cultists stood in a group speaking with Ray. The Chaos heads seemed to be deep in conversation with an Eldritch abomination that could only belong to the Cthulhu pantheon given the way the three Luxans were supplicating it from their lowly position on the floor.

Caroline fixed two plates for them and sat. Someone passed by and handed a flyer to them. It read: ISLAND TIME! Warm up your bus and pack your bags because we leave tomorrow courtesy of Torsiedelle! Everyone's meeting in the lobby after breakfast. PS. Watch out for the piano!

"Ah...and we just finished unpacking. But the Island is quite nice." Jonathan said as he picked the food off his plate casually. He instinctually looked around for a piano that might hurt them, concerned reading the last part of the note.

"It just has felt like a lot has happened these past few days." he added.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:04 pm

"Wait, something happened to Tasia?" Kei asked, instantly concerned about her other lover, or now, who she thought was her lover. She hadn't seen Tas in quite a while, so she wouldn't have known what happened to her, but she sure was more interested now. "And this connects to Allspice? I'll do anything it takes to help with this now." She nodded.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Luce glanced at Misaki. He felt certain the cultist wouldn't mind taking a break, as they were all close to the front of the buffet line in any case.

"Well, I don't think it would be any trouble to get some food, true. But as far as speaking more privately, there's no need for that. Between our two groups as well as Miss Kei, I'm sure we'll be able to provide all the cover someone could wish for. Besides, very few people would wish to tangle with someone his size." Luce pointed at Dia, who was now peering speculatively in the direction of the racket being produced by a piano, angel, daemonette, and moderately damaged goat falling down a staircase. "So please, grab a plate and eat your fill at leisure, and we shall do the same."

"Well.....Alright then. I suppose there's nothing wrong with eating a little bit of something over good conversation, even if it is going to be a piece of business," Ray sighed and continued with his smile, although it was a little more earnest this time. Still, he did go to bag a rather bulging plate of food once he had the opportunity: Ray had seemingly topped it with a massive combination of meats, breads, potato-related consumables, and whatever that weird gloppy-stuff that he couldn't quite recognize but happened to smell good was.

After having secured food, he unconsciously began to eat from it even after having just gotten away from the buffet table. He tried to wait up for Luce as he essentially was stuffing his face with food.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:20 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
"Wait, something happened to Tasia?" Kei asked, instantly concerned about her other lover, or now, who she thought was her lover. She hadn't seen Tas in quite a while, so she wouldn't have known what happened to her, but she sure was more interested now. "And this connects to Allspice? I'll do anything it takes to help with this now." She nodded.

"We think so, at any rate," Dia rasped from behind, doom in every sibilant syllable. Having decided the racket wasn't worth investigating yet, he laid a heavy hand on her shoulder. "If I know my mate, she'll be quite torn up about this. Especially since we're not quite sure what's happening. Is she a clone? Was she brain-washed? Is she someone in a very clever disguise? No one knows. It's chilling, isn't it? To share time, food, and possibly a bed with an imposter? And if she can pull that off, it points to an unnervingly great awareness of who we are and what we do and believe. The only question that remains is - why."

Luce tried to smooth over what sounded like endless pessimism from his point of view, hoping not to discourage Kei. "It's that search for answers that brought us here, and we're glad to welcome you along. Just as we have invited the cultists to join in as well." He held out his hand, palm up, in Misaki's direction; the court musician acknowledged the gesture with a slight bow.

Erucia wrote:
"Well.....Alright then. I suppose there's nothing wrong with eating a little bit of something over good conversation, even if it is going to be a piece of business," Ray sighed and continued with his smile, although it was a little more earnest this time. Still, he did go to bag a rather bulging plate of food once he had the opportunity: Ray had seemingly topped it with a massive combination of meats, breads, potato-related consumables, and whatever that weird gloppy-stuff that he couldn't quite recognize but happened to smell good was.

After having secured food, he unconsciously began to eat from it even after having just gotten away from the buffet table. He tried to wait up for Luce as he essentially was stuffing his face with food.

Luce turned to follow Ray, with Misaki behind him.

"You must have worked up quite an appetite," he said mildly, loading his own plate with a smaller portion of fruit and bread and then moving aside for Misaki to serve herself. The weight of food he was carrying, it would be very likely that Dia would decide to challenge Ray to an eating contest if he saw him. "Please let me know when you feel ready to converse."
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:28 pm

"Mmm hmm, I'd be terrified, personally, of not knowing who exactly I'm getting in bed with, just like when Tieria was possessed by a Deamon, that was scary. Mainly because I had to fight him while drunk, but that it wasn't really Tieria anyways." Kei shook her head, and now this was happening to one of her favorite people in the world? If Tas was in trouble, Kei would do damn near anything to help get her back. "Well I've got no information, but I could see what's up when we get to the island, talk to her?"

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Luce turned to follow Ray, with Misaki behind him.

"You must have worked up quite an appetite," he said mildly, loading his own plate with a smaller portion of fruit and bread and then moving aside for Misaki to serve herself. The weight of food he was carrying, it would be very likely that Dia would decide to challenge Ray to an eating contest if he saw him. "Please let me know when you feel ready to converse."

"Y-Yes...Thank you," Ray acknowledged that he was being rather exuberant in the meal department, chewing and swallowing his food before answering. He at least had the common curtsey to swallow the food before talking, and to lick his teeth off to try and get bits of food off. But it still made him look as if he wasn't taking the conversation entirely seriously.

"...Alright....So, you need my information on Allspice," Ray took another bite from his collection of food and continued. "I'm afraid that I honestly don't have much. I don't believe that detective work is really where I feel that I lie these days, and I believe Allspice was probably a sign of that. The work that you get as a PI isn't really the same as what you get if you're a police detective: it's not all cracked up to what it's held as.

"In truth, that's why I'm trying my luck at private security...But I'm rambling on, and I apologize for that. What I had on Allspice wasn't much. They'd contacted me for a case on some missing businessman. I didn't really gather much: I pretty much abandoned the case, truth be told. I don't think I really liked the looks of it, though. It was chock-full of weird. For example, my mission was to recover a business ledger. I never did, but the person whom was supposed to have it wasn't cared for. They didn't care for the person one bit, in fact: they just wanted the ledger. If the guy was dead, then it was just one less employee for them to pay."

Ray shook his head at the thought, and then added an afternote. "Heartless bastards, more or less."

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:45 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
"Mmm hmm, I'd be terrified, personally, of not knowing who exactly I'm getting in bed with, just like when Tieria was possessed by a Deamon, that was scary. Mainly because I had to fight him while drunk, but that it wasn't really Tieria anyways." Kei shook her head, and now this was happening to one of her favorite people in the world? If Tas was in trouble, Kei would do damn near anything to help get her back. "Well I've got no information, but I could see what's up when we get to the island, talk to her?"

Dia looked interested by the tidbit about the "little man" being possessed by a Daemon, and wondered if his strength or anything else about him increased under its influence.

"That may be difficult, I am afraid," said Misaki, who then proceeded to recount the story of Tasia running into Chrys' sword while fighting with Tieria, and the strange metal that had come out of the wound.

"So you see," Dia picked up the conversation at that point -
so as to keep his handler from continuing to play Misaki, which is a bit frustrating as he hopes her actual handler doesn't mind and also that he's not used to playing her and hopes he's doing it right
- "she may not even be there on the island. What action she takes is unknown to us. Tasia who is not Tasia is clearly here to spy, and our main goal is to find out where the real Tasia is. With luck, she'll be well, and we'll be able to get this fake Tasia."

He spoke with certainty, but it was always possible that was the real Tasia and she'd been brainwashed, or that the real Tasia had been killed. Who knew?

Erucia wrote:
"Y-Yes...Thank you," Ray acknowledged that he was being rather exuberant in the meal department, chewing and swallowing his food before answering. He at least had the common curtsey to swallow the food before talking, and to lick his teeth off to try and get bits of food off. But it still made him look as if he wasn't taking the conversation entirely seriously.

"...Alright....So, you need my information on Allspice," Ray took another bite from his collection of food and continued. "I'm afraid that I honestly don't have much. I don't believe that detective work is really where I feel that I lie these days, and I believe Allspice was probably a sign of that. The work that you get as a PI isn't really the same as what you get if you're a police detective: it's not all cracked up to what it's held as.

"In truth, that's why I'm trying my luck at private security...But I'm rambling on, and I apologize for that. What I had on Allspice wasn't much. They'd contacted me for a case on some missing businessman. I didn't really gather much: I pretty much abandoned the case, truth be told. I don't think I really liked the looks of it, though. It was chock-full of weird. For example, my mission was to recover a business ledger. I never did, but the person whom was supposed to have it wasn't cared for. They didn't care for the person one bit, in fact: they just wanted the ledger. If the guy was dead, then it was just one less employee for them to pay."

Ray shook his head at the thought, and then added an afternote. "Heartless bastards, more or less."

"Keeping people safe is always noble. I think we all follow such sentiment," said Luce in the same mild tone, frowning in thought and disapproval at Ray's recounting of Allspice's actions. "And how did they contact you? Did you ever visit their offices? Misaki and I have been trying to find a physical location, but all that their salesmen do is show up, drop off gifts with no way to trace them, and disappear."
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:01 pm

"Well, and here's my honest opinion, if she wanted to spy on us, which is probably why she's been tampered with, she'd go to the island with us." Kei said and shrugged. "Or is she spying on someone else completely? We don't know her motives." She nodded. The Goddess seemed concerned, but not worried. Tasia could probably be saved, well, she better be able to be . . .

Or the people responsible would have a very bad day . . .

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
"Keeping people safe is always noble. I think we all follow such sentiment," said Luce in the same mild tone, frowning in thought and disapproval at Ray's recounting of Allspice's actions. "And how did they contact you? Did you ever visit their offices? Misaki and I have been trying to find a physical location, but all that their salesmen do is show up, drop off gifts with no way to trace them, and disappear."

"It's good to hear of people with heart in all days and ages, especially in this world. I was afraid that it had all gone away, but there still seems to be some left," Ray smiled at Luce's first comment, largely making a stab at the raptors.

"But I did visit their offices once. Our dear friend MB happened to teleport both myself and my love over into an office while we were taking time to relax," he recounted back on the point, remembering the time. "It was rather embarrassing. I don't believe I remember much of our findings, nor were they of great importance. In addition, we were rather rushed by the fact that we were stuck on a limited time budget. The office's owner tried to make an entrance, so we had to bug out. Although....Actually, I believe that it was the office of the man who went missing, now that I think about it. But we didn't find his ledger: in fact, Chrys ended up getting us out.

"It should be noted that that was all MB's doing, sticking us there. I've never been to their offices, even when I was contracted. It was done by phone, in a diner meeting. So at the very least MB knows where the offices are."

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Yoshi groaned and got sat up in bed. Apparently Katya was still sleeping, or at least he appeared to be. He smiled softly at the sight and got up. He started to walk into the kitchen when he noticed a note by his door. The Urranese writer grinned as he read it and wandered into a storage room. "Right, suit case, check" he said to himself, grabbing it from the wall. He packed two tee shirts , a pair of swimming trunks, his jeans and hoodie, his yukata, since it would be warm enough to wear it, and another kimono. Hopefully he could wash his clothes there. He also packed spare batteries for his violin and a solar powered portable amp for it as well as a few notebooks and manga novels. He smiled and nodded at his packing and sat the suit case and his violin case down by the door before going to brush his teeth and hair. He loved the feeling of clean teeth and fresh breath. Like his user, he hated morning breath with a passion.
Morning hygiene routine done, he shook Katya gently. "Um..K-Katya, were leaving for the island...y-you need to go home and pack...i-if you don't mind me waking you that is."

----

Blossom smiled and sat indian style on the floor of Toscha's room. "It's quite a lovely set up that you have here." The vampire wondered if he had any windows. She had bricked hers up, the risk of sunlight getting in was just too great.

---

Tieria was all packed and ready to go. He sat in the lobby atop a smile pile of luggage, looking bored and wearing his usual scowl that never seemed to go away.

---

A lavender haired Innovater stood against a wall behind him fair enough to avoid detection. Anew was also packed and ready to go. Hopefully, tieria would not notice her presence. A fight could ruin her mission if others defended him.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:44 pm

The BranRiech wrote:"Well, and here's my honest opinion, if she wanted to spy on us, which is probably why she's been tampered with, she'd go to the island with us." Kei said and shrugged. "Or is she spying on someone else completely? We don't know her motives." She nodded. The Goddess seemed concerned, but not worried. Tasia could probably be saved, well, she better be able to be . . .

Or the people responsible would have a very bad day . . .

Dia looked frustrated, yet eerily calm.

"That's just it," he growled/rasped. "We don't know anything. That makes it harder to do - well, anything. But in any case, thanks again. We'll talk more later, yes?"

Erucia wrote:"It's good to hear of people with heart in all days and ages, especially in this world. I was afraid that it had all gone away, but there still seems to be some left," Ray smiled at Luce's first comment, largely making a stab at the raptors.

"But I did visit their offices once. Our dear friend MB happened to teleport both myself and my love over into an office while we were taking time to relax," he recounted back on the point, remembering the time. "It was rather embarrassing. I don't believe I remember much of our findings, nor were they of great importance. In addition, we were rather rushed by the fact that we were stuck on a limited time budget. The office's owner tried to make an entrance, so we had to bug out. Although....Actually, I believe that it was the office of the man who went missing, now that I think about it. But we didn't find his ledger: in fact, Chrys ended up getting us out.

"It should be noted that that was all MB's doing, sticking us there. I've never been to their offices, even when I was contracted. It was done by phone, in a diner meeting. So at the very least MB knows where the offices are."

"Does he now? Well, we shall have to ask him about that," Luce replied, turning to regard the ransacker of the Mongolian beef. "I appreciate the information; we'll be chewing on it for some time."

He nodded stiffly. "Good night, Ray."
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:50 pm

"Ach, damn. I need to pack for vacation tomorrow." Toscha sighed, rushing Blossom out of the room, hoping she wouldn't mind too much that he needed to pack and get to sleep. "I'll talk to you later, mkay?"

He waved her off, and closed the door.

--

Nodding in agreement, Kei decided to go to bed for the night. She need not pack her things when a portal to her room was a simple spell away. Maybe she'd stay in Lidev's old place, or she'd simply bring her own hut to the island.

"Well, we'll talk on the island I assume? Goodnight, you guys." She said, walking off for the night.

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:"Does he now? Well, we shall have to ask him about that," Luce replied, turning to regard the ransacker of the Mongolian beef. "I appreciate the information; we'll be chewing on it for some time."

He nodded stiffly. "Good night, Ray."

"Yes, well...goodnight to you as well. I appreciate being of help, and I'm sure you know how to contact me if you need me further," Ray signed himself off and finished his meal. After placing away the plate, he retreated back to the Three Tails. The rest of the night was spent packing bags, and then retreating to rest for the night.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:54 pm

MB flash-jumped away, back to Cuisine's apartment. Early the next morning, before anyone (except possibly cultists) were up, they were already in the lobby, due to Cuisine's habits of going down to the fish markets every day. The mountain of suitcases next to Cuisine would thrill the staff of any airline, as they would be able to charge an arm and a leg for excess baggage fees.

(TBC with other characters if needed)
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
"So I've heard at the meeting," Dan said with a nod in reference to the island while he finished off the butternut squash that was sweetened to perfection in his opinion. Though he hardly counted his judgment valid since it was his first real taste at mortal cuisine. The texture was soft, mushy and the orange hue of it gave it a disarming look. Dan could safely say he would be addicted to this if it was around for constant consumption.

Not a bad idea, Dan mused to himself. He didn't like to eat meat, reminding him of Fae's aversion to killing animals for sustenance or sport. Though the turkey was amazing, he had given a wish and prayer that it was serving a purpose he wouldn't dare to comprehend. Though from the looks of what was left, the intent was clear. Still, he was thankful and made a note not to deviate from a vegetarian diet too much.

A laugh escaped his lips at the question of his alignment and the warning that came with it from Pete. He couldn't help it, they were right. Fae's loved to skirt to the very edge of a truth that made it almost a lie, but never so. They played tricks, pranks, and indirect methods that any mortal, immortal, or other would find infuriating yet couldn't hold it against the Courts as long as it served the primary objective and truth behind it. Ironic then, that truth in itself was a weapon that so deadly that no power could hold against it and Faes were known to use it to extremes.

For all of Dan's age, he was nothing but a child in the politics of the Faes. While looking near 30 in human terms and 150 in Fae standards, Dan was essentially a teenager still learning his place and exiled to the mortal realm to top it off. He knew what it was like to be a victim, a tool and not having the will - the free will - to do anything of it. "I am Seelie," he said after the laugh, wiping his mouth with a napkin and hiding his thoughts. He looked to Pete and Thomas at the same time with all doubt and affirmation replaced upon his features, "And its okay, I still haven't figured out everything in the political and scheming methods of the Fae. Though you are right, we love to play pranks, tricks, anything that get you to do what we want in the end. I..." he paused, his eyes shifted a bit upon his plate as a virtual cloud seemingly loomed over him at the mention of his own experience, "Have been a participant of various ulterior motives not of my choosing. I'm only just realizing how deep and far these actions have their effects."

Placing the fork down that he was playing around with with his food and hadn't realized it until now, Dan continued, "I'm not a threat to you or any other. I've been... exiled, to a certain extent. I don't want to cause to any trouble, but I also have to adapt to this world. Maybe," he paused again hesitantly, his features now a bit hopeful as it was about as much hope as he could get in this strange realm, "You two could help me with this when we move to the island? And if there's anything I could help within my abilities and within reason you can have it."

above left for response, jumping Dan to lobby the next morning.

Dan had gathered his belongings into a small luggage, mostly things meant for summer instead of winter which he was looking forward to considering his natural aversion to the cold. He took the lava lamp as well, the only decoration that wasn't part of the apartment. He wondered if Six would be on the island but didn't think too much on it. He got to the lobby and took a seat and waited like everyone else that was currently there.

Both Englishmen sighed in relief at Dan's reassurances.

"Mind you," Pete said, "Most of the people here won't bat an eye when it comes to Fae walking in their midst. Please pardon Thomas and I. We're English born and bred, and from a time when belief in magic was widely accepted. We've never actually met your people before. 'Tis an honor to meet you! I fear we have a lot of misconceptions about you, and beg your apology in advance if some of our lads act strangely."

"Pete's right. We had superstitious childhoods. We put that all aside as we grew older, but then, when we were recruited to Chaos, we realized that the supernatural things were very real and a far cry from what we believed as children. I honestly didn't think the Fae were real. I owe you an apology as well." Thomas bowed to Dan and then smiled. "But help you settle in to the mortal world? Well, certainly. Don't need to repay us, neither. We know what a pain in the ass it is to come back to the Materium and have to adjust to societies and technology that's changed from last we saw of it."

Both cultists also realized that they'd need to be on the island in order to help him. This was an official invite from a Being. They wouldn't be stuck performing dull patrols in the cold Bielefeld woods.

"Too right," Pete laughed. "Will be an adventure! In the morning, though. We have work to do tonight. Pardon us."

They left him and headed out to their duties. They spoke of the grand times about to be had, tossing lively banter between themselves. Little did the duo realize that Minerva would grant their Island request... and then set them to dull patrols in the sweltering jungle.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:32 pm

"Hmmm? Gotta pack? What!? Oh, we're to go today!?", Katya awoke quickly and excitedly, and brushing a few sleepy hairs out of her face. "Oh, oh dear! Thank you for waking me, I have to go, I have to tell Tora where I've been, and I have to pack my bags, and ready my hair and get my makeup and get new clothes, and...",, She kept on and on, jumping up and fixing her belt, and buttoning her shirt, and this and that, and ran out the door, only slowed down by sticking her head back in the doorway to say "See you in a little while!", before scurryjng off to her room.

Meanwhile, Torii had already begun, waking herself in a more rugged state than her sister. She had awoken in a less peaceful mood than she had fallen asleep. She still couldn't stop thinking about Tsu... she had a dream.

No, it was time to pack up. Better to keep her mind busy. She went to work pulling out the old, musty suitcases, unused since their visit to Yoshi's homeland over the summer. She packed up little clothing, mostly her two uniforms, the few other sundresses she owned, and a few swimsuits. The rest of the space went to her diary, the old stuffed teddy she found near Bran's factory, and a few other trinkets and belongings. She also put her Guitar, and Katya's Violin case by the door, and gathered some of her sister's stuff before she entered to take over. The two spoke as they packed, mostly about what happened for their nights, but nothing about Tsu. They finished up, grabbed their instruments, and went to the lobby to meet everyone.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Change of Venue!

Collab w/Torsi and Cer.

Limousines arrived that morning and everyone piled in. The drive to the airport was a slippery one, making some people all the more happy to be heading towards tropical bliss. It was difficult to get a head count because there were so many people to transport.

Awaiting the Apartment Dwellers at the airport were several of the medium-sized VTOL-Helicopters that had served as transportation during the visit to Yuktograd, all ready to go. There was plenty of room for everyone, and, despite the rather utilitarian look of the interior, the seats were rather comfortable, and the windows had a good view. There was even heating and air, though music would be regulated to the individuals’ devices unless they enjoyed listening to static-y Soviet-Era music over the chopper’s radio.

“Okay, Dimitrov, you owe me one, now.”, said a brown-haired pilot awaiting the group. Katya looked confused, until Torii stepped to the front with an angry expression.

“I don’t owe shit, Danelov, I still had that one favor from July.”

“I don’t recall owing you a favor from then.”

“Remember when I save your ass when those damned aliens came through?”

“Nope.”

“I do.”, Said another male voice from inside a chopper. This burnt Danelov, the young pilot, who then had to concede. Torii chuckled and high-fived the man, then climbed in, leaving three open seats beside her. Katya took Yoshi’s hand and went in second. There was still plenty of room in just that one chopper, too, and yet the Apartment Party had three of them to go, and all residents quickly got into their pairs and cliques, put away their luggage, then readied up for take off. A few minutes later, they would feel the disorienting feeling of being lifted off the earth, and see their home city slowly fade into the distance. The sounds of rotors and engines became more natural to the passengers ears, and was only interrupted by the occasional banter of friends and the pilots. It would be a few hours now…

The Island haunt was extremely familiar to many, but for the newer Residents, this was their first glimpse of paradise. It loomed ever nearer as the aircraft made their approach. Their first view was of the steep and ominous cliffs on the far side of this ocean jewel, and the top of a volcano. These rose up from the sea at a steep angle. The surf crashed heavily at the rocks and boulders which protected the shear wall from eroding away.

The aircraft banked and circled around the island, allowing those on board to see her full glory in the rising sun.

Sunlight glistened upon the crystal clear waters beneath them. The rays kissed the pristine beaches and then warmed the dense vegetation that served as a backdrop for a row of huts perched between jungle and shoreline. Those huts were a welcomed sight for so many. They were the holiday homes of the Residents. Some stood vacant in anticipation of new owners.

A large pavilion had been erected on the beach last year. Each night, it was lit by thousands of twinkling white lights. Outside, multicolored Christmas lights would illuminate a path that forked into two directions. One led to a large fire pit set up for roasting marshmallows and other things on sticks, and the other path led to a small grotto used for prayer and meditation by some of the Residents. The bonfire pit had been the place of so many fond memories, but it had sat vacant for a long while. The sitting logs were still there, but it lacked firewood. Someone would have to beachcomb for it.

The glint of metal revealed the Germanic Templar’s cluster of buildings amidst some trees. Somewhere down there was the entrance to an old bunker that served as a base for Bones and his brothers. Also there was the remains of the Monfroxian compound, although it had been heavily damaged during the Drone Invasion; no weapons were left and the building itself was a husk.

There was an odd rocky outcrop just off that main beach, and a strange cottage nestled atop it.

A small, perfectly round atoll sat just off the main island, its watery center an intensely deep blue in contrast to the white beaches and palm trees surrounding it. There was a compound of sorts… more a series of open buildings interlinked by covered walkways… that faced the island huts. It could only be reached by a thin pathway from beach to atoll, and the visitor would need to wade through ankle deep water if using it. A yacht rocked on the light waves. It would be very familiar to Superbia and Swith.

Also visible was Mer Lagoon, a secretive place cherished by the BranRiechians Rylli and Bran. The crystal clear waters there revealed the massive form of Pookie the Leviathan swimming from it, craggy spines breaking the water and casting up spray in his wake.

A short distance away from all this were wooden platforms constructed right on the beach. These were new, and served as a travel platform. The aircraft would be able to hover down here, their massive engines far enough from the main structures so as to not cause damage.
The aircraft banked again, on approach to the platforms.

“Welp, here we are, comrades.”, said the pilots over their comms. “Looks nice. Just don’t get some diseases, lick frogs, any of that shit. It’s bad for you, you know.”

The aircraft jolted as they made ground, and the armored doors slid up and open, letting the tropical breeze invade the interiors and push out the metallic air, a welcoming change. Now, all there was to be done was to grab their luggage and hop out. Alas for Cuisine... he'd packed so much!
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:53 pm

As soon as the doors opened, Blossom bolted out under the cover of her umbrella and made for a hut, luggage in tow. She hated flying in vehicles, the tropical sun was out, it was bright, and it hurt her sensitive eyes. "BADSUNBADSUNBADSUN!!!!" she yelped as she scampered across the sand, kicking large amounts of the sugary white substance up as she went.

---

Tieria took a much more relaxed approach. "Idiot" he said as Blossom darted off. He picked up his luggage and began to make his way to the front of the craft.

---

Anew was still sleeping and had no comments.

---

Yoshi grabbed his luggage, which was relatively light, and moved to assist Katya with hers. She was pregnant after all. He smiled warmly at the girl, his eye shimmered like the see in the sun.
Last edited by Urran on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse