NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Torii's heart skipped a beat, remembering something about their "clubhouse". It wasn't like Gio or Yuna should know, anyway.

"Well, actually, kinda big. Not super big, but maybe a few rooms....it's kind of a bunker, out behind the hut where I stay when we're there. It's from last year, and a good part of it may be run down, but we could fix it up and make it pretty. It'll sure be cool."

Without another word, Torii turned to her plate and finished the last of her meal, then grabbed a few more chunks of ham. She wondered what the other two girls would say.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:43 pm

"Huh, well that's bigger than I initially imagined," admitted Giovenith, finishing piling on the vegetable plate, and then setting it aside. "It will probably take a lot of work to clean it out, first of all, but I'm sure we'll be capable. We have a few tricks after all..." Giovenith smiled, remembering her little paper birds. "But it will definitely be a nice project to work on while we're there, something to keep us busy, bring us together when we need something to do. The furniture might be a problem like Yuna said... isn't there a town on the island too, though? Plus we could always bring things from our own cabins, if we can spare it."

Feeling parched from all the talking, Giovenith poured herself a drink and took a few sips from it thoughtfully, before setting it down. "I thought of something else too. Just who's going to be all included in this club? Just us, anyone, certain rules about who can join? It is our age that helped draw us in together, is it for teenagers?"
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Calvin came upon the darkened site deep within the nearby forests. Now cold and distant, Calvin was almost unable to find the broken remains of his vehicle. Little had changed since he'd last seen it, with exception to the fires being long extinguished. His visuals switched to something more fitting for the pitch dark, as the world was bathed in strange light that illuminated the area quite well. Calvin approached the wreck, it's front end buried. He kicked it, annoyed that he'd need to do actual work to get it out. Reluctantly, he was guided to the ruined engine of the car, where the assistant directed him to place his forearm.

Wires, thin and snake like, slithered outwards towards the bent and disfigured links. The moment they touched both parts, Calvin felt a distinguished pain that surged through his body in stages, but in turn, power struck through the wires, and into the car. It roared to life, briefly, as the wires detached and temporarily kept the flow going, while they could. Calvin hastily got in, setting the vehicle in reverse, as it pulled out of it's rut with painful whirrs and groans. In one final jerk, it died once more, but of course now in a more useful position.

Exhausted but still mobile, he paced around to the front, where the bonnet was crumpled and crushed, but still firmly closed. Perhaps too much so, it took him a number of kicks and pulls to get it open, but he was thankful when he did. Many of the belongings inside were damaged in some way, but others were somehow still in tact. He grabbed everything he could carry, including the masks. He received brief gratification from the assistant on his endeavors, before he was directed along back to his new home with his small number of belongings to put to use as a means of adapting his current life with his past.
{{{PRAISE THE CLEANSING FIRE, EMBRACE THE BURNING LIGHT}}}

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:07 pm

Giovenith wrote:"Huh, well that's bigger than I initially imagined," admitted Giovenith, finishing piling on the vegetable plate, and then setting it aside. "It will probably take a lot of work to clean it out, first of all, but I'm sure we'll be capable. We have a few tricks after all..." Giovenith smiled, remembering her little paper birds. "But it will definitely be a nice project to work on while we're there, something to keep us busy, bring us together when we need something to do. The furniture might be a problem like Yuna said... isn't there a town on the island too, though? Plus we could always bring things from our own cabins, if we can spare it."

Feeling parched from all the talking, Giovenith poured herself a drink and took a few sips from it thoughtfully, before setting it down. "I thought of something else too. Just who's going to be all included in this club? Just us, anyone, certain rules about who can join? It is our age that helped draw us in together, is it for teenagers?"

"Well, maybe we can vote on it.", Torii suggested. The idea of voting seemed a lot better than simply deciding and going with something. "And I'm not too keen on the natives. I don't know about them....maybe keep'em out. I can get my sister to get us some nifty stuff for it, too, like maybe a trap door, or a secret place to stash booze! Well, maybe not the booze part....we can do that ourselves. My sister won't know if I swipe some of her stuff.", She added, not k owing whether Giovenith or Yuna approved of sneaking drinks, but it was something she used to do quite often, and she didn't see anything particularly bad about it. It wasn't like they'd be getting drunk and partying all night.

And the trap door? In case they needed an escape plan.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 pm

"We're not drinking, Torii." Yuna looked at her friend as if she was joking. Yuna wasn't old enough to drink, and Human alcohol usually ended with a bad time for a Pyersai, so that was automatically out of the question. "But to go back to Gio's point, I think anyone under 20 should be allowed in, just to set a bar, maybe we can make some exceptions, but other than that, I think that's how we should do it. Now what should we call said club in the first place, we need a name, right?"

--

"That works, and then we can install that light too." Toscha suggested, leading the Vampire up to his own room, popping the door open and bringing her inside. It was a flat room, with not much in the name of seats, but that was to be expected for someone who's tail could double as a seat if required.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:15 pm

"I haven't made any friends from the natives yet, but if we do, we should let them in," Giovenith countered, believing this to be fair. "You never know what kind of cool people you'll meet, after all!"

While liking the sound of trap doors and all that neat stuff, Giovenith scrunched her nose up at the mention of booze. "Erm, no, I don't drink. Or smoke. Or do drugs. They smell of negativity, and I like to keep control of my mind." It was bad enough the fog crushed her down into a tiny box of unreasonableness whenever it felt like it, the last thing Giovenith wanted was putting more drastically behavior-affecting substances in her, especially nasty unhealthy ones like the drink. "You guys can do what you want, but I really don't like being around drunk people. So if you do, I'll have to respectfully leave." She smiled at that Yuna wouldn't be doing it. "A name, yeah!"
she/her

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:
"Nah it is good, with the Dr. on the way, I think I could get same story... Maybe. And I wonder.... Well I really don't know, funny isn't it?"

--

"Yes he is dead. Assassinated from what I was told. To be fair, and I mean no disrespect to my old friend, he was a bit reckless and stubborn at times.. Maybe that caught up with him. Ah, but I cannot judge someone. Come now though we must go see Datus."

Wren remained confused by the topic of his wonderment, chiefly that she didn't know the topic at all. Was it Datus or was it something to do with their company? She couldn't say.

The news of Thriller's assassination spread like wildfire amongst the tech priests the moment Marcus reported it through their shared link. It fluttered around the monastery and spiraled outwards until it reached the old cyborg's ears.

He still sat in the Communal Dining Room, ignored by the residents. In turn, he dipped into the collective conscious tethering Perfection's cultists and daemons. The response ranged from utter shock to anger. Soon the news spilled over to the other factions. Some of War's apathetically shrugged. Others, those who had witnessed Thriller's battle during the Drone Invasion, flamed in rage; warriors didn't deserve cheap deaths. The news did not, however, fall upon any of Atosh's men nor that failed Avatar himself.

Ceril told Minerva directly. Let her be the messenger to Swith. He wasn't up for the god's rage and despair.

Marcus drove in silence. He was shocked to the core. Emperors were prime for assassinating. Thriller seemed difficult to kill though. He held his thoughts and the SUV pulled into the hospital parking lot.

Wren lifted her head at the footsteps coming down the hall. Her eyes fastened upon Marcus and the strange being walking beside him. Marcus' hair received a tender ruffling and then she turned to greet the visitors.

"Dr. Smith, I presume?"

"The one and only." He replied as he offered a light bow. "Tell me, I caught word about Datus and that thing in his brain. Would there happen to be any records on hand, any images I could see so I can get an idea of what it looks like?"

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:21 pm

Torii felt a little bad for being the only one who wanted to sneak a drink. She grunted in her disapproval, but respected her friend's stances, and decided not to pursue it further. She still had her suspicions of the natives, though.

"Eeeeehhhh, I don't know about natives. Really...last time I ever saw a native,, they all tried to kill us. I killed a few back then too....actually, I'm the only one here who can say I killed someone, eh? Maybe I should be a general? It could be fun, building sandbag forts outside. Nice and cool, out some mesh nets go for shade and camo..."

She trailed off from her rambling, thinking about such things. Her eyes got that glazed-over look for a moment before she snapped back into reality. Maybe she shouldn't...
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:"The one and only." He replied as he offered a light bow. "Tell me, I caught word about Datus and that thing in his brain. Would there happen to be any records on hand, any images I could see so I can get an idea of what it looks like?"

"Sure," Wren chimed, "Everything's accessible through the computer in the nurses' station. I can take you there while Barox is dressing."

She lifted Datus off the bed and set him on her hip again. "Follow me."

Barox's robes and other items were set in the little closet in his room. He'd find that nothing had been tampered with or disturbed.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 pm

"Well we don't let in people who want to kill us, I highly doubt every native is a murderer," said Giovenith, blinking. "I remember the Easter Bunny Killer from back home in the Empire. Just because he had killed five families on Easter Day, left behind plastic eggs and grass, and painted the walls with pictures of bunnies, eggs, and duckies in the victims' blood before mommy's human detective persona put him in prison didn't mean that girl, Kalia, from a few blocks away is also a killer. You know?"

She said all of that so casually, as if it were just some odd fiasco in the neighborhood.

"And killing should be done as a necessity, Torii," she continued, setting her drink down after taking a sip. "If they were trying to hurt you, then it's understandable, and I'm sure reasonable people understand that too. People of a select population are not a hive mind, I am sure they'll understand what you had to do out of self-defense, but what they will not understand is a bunch of strangers punishing them for other people's crimes. That simply wouldn't be fair, it'd be downright cruel-spirited."
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Seeing that the conversation just took a really, really dark turn, Yuna quieted downa bit more, pushing her glasses up a bit more, getting rid of the weird blur in the top of her vision that was making it really annoying to see.

"Well, names, how about them?" She suggested, smiling weakly, trying desperately to change the topic.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:"The one and only." He replied as he offered a light bow. "Tell me, I caught word about Datus and that thing in his brain. Would there happen to be any records on hand, any images I could see so I can get an idea of what it looks like?"

"Sure," Wren chimed, "Everything's accessible through the computer in the nurses' station. I can take you there while Barox is dressing."

She lifted Datus off the bed and set him on her hip again. "Follow me."

Barox's robes and other items were set in the little closet in his room. He'd find that nothing had been tampered with or disturbed.

Dr. Smith nodded and followed her. Barox, in the meantime, would start a slow climb off his bed and an even slower movement towards the closet. It wasn't so much the drugs, it was also a bit of him being a bit tired, which might also be the drugs too. He opened the closet and quickly got dressed back into his casual clothing.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:45 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Seeing that the conversation just took a really, really dark turn, Yuna quieted downa bit more, pushing her glasses up a bit more, getting rid of the weird blur in the top of her vision that was making it really annoying to see.

"Well, names, how about them?" She suggested, smiling weakly, trying desperately to change the topic.

"Hmm..." Giovenith tapped her chin thoughtfully, but her train of thought was derailed by another wave of fatigue shown off by a yawn. "Well, we do need a name, but I can't really think right now... too tired." She rubbed an eye and stood up, bringing the plate of vegetables with her. "I'll just take this and hit the sack then. We'll think about the club more once we actually get there. Good night guys! Happy Thanksgiving!"

With that, Giovenith took her plate and her Spectrum 489, and left for her room. Willow was luckily still awake so he could eat the dinner she'd rustled up for him, and, due to drained energy, crawled onto bed without changing into her PJ's or covering up. After finishing the vegetables, Willow carefully flew over to Giovenith, poked her (dead asleep), carefully spread the blanket onto her, then turned in himself.
Last edited by Giovenith on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:49 pm

"Well..."

Geeze, it seemed like whatever Torii said inevitably led to a serious discussion. She grabbed a small cup of water and sipped real quick before speaking again.

"I still don't like them.", She said. Then, suddenly, she nodded to Yuna and smiled. "Names, right. I don't really know, I was never good on names. Maybe the Seaside Swashbuckling Sisterhood of Kickassness? Well, actually, scratch that; too damn long, wouldn't quite fit, and what's with the semi-alliteration? Well, I'm out of ideas, comrades. What were you going to suggest? I'll follow it if I like it enough, since you and Giov here make better ideas."

Giovenith wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Seeing that the conversation just took a really, really dark turn, Yuna quieted downa bit more, pushing her glasses up a bit more, getting rid of the weird blur in the top of her vision that was making it really annoying to see.

"Hmm..." Giovenith tapped her chin thoughtfully, but her train of thought was derailed by another wave of fatigue shown off by a yawn. "Well, we do need a name, but I can't really think right now... too tired." She rubbed an eye and stood up, bringing the plate of vegetables with her. "I'll just take this and hit the sack then. We'll think about the club more once we actually get there. Good night guys! Happy Thanksgiving!"

With that, Giovenith took her plate and her Spectrum 489, and left for her room. Willow was luckily still awake so he could eat the dinner she'd rustled up for him, and, due to drained energy, crawled onto bed without changing into her PJ's or covering up. After finishing the vegetables, Willow carefully flew over to Giovenith, poked her (dead asleep), carefully spread the blanket onto her, then turned in himself.

"Or not Giov...", Torii trailed off again. "G'night."

She waved goodbye for a minute before turning back to Yuna. She was feeling a bit awkward now, it only being the two of them.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Superbia glanced back a bit behind him and didn't see Blythe. Oh shit, she possibly be teleporting too. He thought to himself. He turned his head back straight and continued navigating his way to the communal dining room.

---

"Are ya sure d'at ya want'a hear? Some of d'e stuff is might'eh bad. Plus, most'a my work was on Jad Ki Kautne, and mebbe a few o'der plan'ets." He replied.

The BranRiech wrote:
For the first few efforts at Myra's translations, Bran just sat there, waiting for her to get to Russian. Once she did though, she recognized the language instantly, even though Ukrainian was quite similar. "Yes, that's good. Very good. Your father is completely right." He smiled, mentally grinning at the fact that probably only a few other people in the room could understand them, and his family was out of earshot. So in essence, they were in their own little world. That was always cool to Bran.

"A few years now, although it's only been a year of me actually living. I had to suffer the first few years to get to this building. I dug a tunnel from where I ended up, to here." He tried to explain to the girl, who's last name, he would have to inquire about.

A goat rocketed past Superbia. Its legs were a blur under its body; the extremities moved so quickly that they didn't appear to be there at all. Blythe sat atop the goat's back. She rode sidesaddle and waved to Superbia as they passed him.

(ooc: just read it as if she had a French/Haitian accent!)

"Of course, cher. Mama Toussaint never hears stories from afar. But it's getting late, no? We should all be packing our bags. We leave tomorrow you know."

The Seer placed her napkin next to her empty plate. "Mama Toussaint promises this though. She'll be on that island and wants to hear these stories. Wouldn't it be nice if you were there to tell them? I hope so." She turned her head to catch the foreign conversation taking place between Bran and Myra.

"Oh, thank you," a blush rose to Myra's cheeks over Bran's compliment. "Did you say you dug a tunnel? That must have taken forever. Did you have tools?"

"Myra Bones! Haven't you things to do before we leave, girl?" Mama Toussaint wagged a finger at the teenager. "Better get going with that."
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:16 pm

"Well, I'd better get going too, Torii. I've got to pack things for the island right now, and I haven't been back to the room in a while." Yuna shrugged, not seeing Will at the moment, she went with her brother back to their room for the first time in a while. They packed their things, including some things for the clubhouse, and then went to bed.

--

Bran nodded before the girl needed to leave, barely meeting her before she was dragged off. He'd need to say hi again, but he assumed she'd be like most of the other people he knew, barely there. In fact, the only people constantly there, was basically the Dimitrovs, and Yoshi. He shrugged, when was the last time he saw Swith, or Naomi?

God, he needed to see them at some point.

With a curt wave, he got up, gathered his family, and they all headed downstairs to pack their things, going to bed after they were ready.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
MB grabbed onto thick pawfuls of Ray's fur and swung down off the top of his head like a stunt double.

I need no reason for anything, heathen! the rabbit signed, waving his ears for emphasis. If he'd been speaking, the tone would have been distinctly screechy and querulous. He let go and bounded off toward the covered stand containing the Mongolian beef.

Luce cleared his throat again, and Dia rolled his eyes as he led Kei and Ray toward the motley assemblage of Conservators and cultists, then towered behind the pair impassively.

"Basically, we've brought you here to join in our quest to find out more about this Allspice company and what they're doing here in Bielefeld. We're told you, Ray, have information; and Kei, you might be interested on a personal level. You see, it seems someone has done something to Tasia. We're not quite sure yet what," said the ancient Roman.

(OOC - That's my last post on this for the time being, to keep the scene from getting too far ahead of Swith.)

"Ow~...Could you not grab my fur like that?", Ray flinched rather annoyed at MB's action. The feeling of his fur being pulled on by MB while he did his rather interesting move was certainly an annoyance, despite any interest in the move that Ray held.

Of course, he felt much better when MB let go, although he also sighed, considering that Ray felt MB really wasn't listening anymore and instead was focused on the Mongolian beef. "Well...I do have some information, not much. I didn't really score over too well with them during my little case with them, and I didn't gather much. But is there any way that this can wait, or perhaps be talked over in more private quarters? I'm rather tired in the realm of doing business for the day, and I do need to get something in my stomach that's food-related.

"Perhaps, if you feel it's entirely necessary right now, I could get something to eat and we could speak of it in my quarters? Otherwise, and I know that this is likely important, I'd like to get some kind of rest."
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
He nodded politely his mass withering slightly as the various organs and unseemly things beneath the yellow tapestry quivered. They made a series of wet sloshing sounds as they did giving the impression he was on the verge of bursting at the seams. “I am pleased to hear that” he replied his glass filling and then suddenly emptying without being touched in the slightest. “Your pantheons forgiveness shall be well noted and not soon forgotten. As for this avatar I confess I had not thought of your company I chose it simply because i knew you would recognize it" He paused for a long time partially because the space around him was beginning to sour and need reconstructing lest it spill open the decay of reality, and partially because he simply wasn’t the most talkative of the Great Old Ones. With no small amount of awkwardness he continued “If I may pry you and your kin seemed a bit on edge, any particular reason?”

Meanwhile the Luxans were still on the floor now visibly panic stricken and rigid their bodies covered in sweat.

"Sorry I'm late," a fourth voice joined their mental chorus. Klaus had vanished from Volturius' shoulder and passed through the kitchen once he heard that Hastur had come to call.

He brushed by the Luxans and found his seat.

"Arrangements have been made for departure tomorrow."

His attention focused on Hastur as he weighed the decision to include the god in their plans. They'd talked about a diversion but he hadn't wanted to risk another pantheon. It would equally unfair to not alert Hastur however.

"This place is too public," he finally ventured, conveying the thought to his siblings and Hastur. "Swith's Lair and shrine are in the lower levels of this building. It would be best to discuss dark matters there, away from prying minds and mortal foolishness."

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:
Superbia glanced back a bit behind him and didn't see Blythe. Oh shit, she possibly be teleporting too. He thought to himself. He turned his head back straight and continued navigating his way to the communal dining room.

---

"Are ya sure d'at ya want'a hear? Some of d'e stuff is might'eh bad. Plus, most'a my work was on Jad Ki Kautne, and mebbe a few o'der plan'ets." He replied.

The BranRiech wrote:
For the first few efforts at Myra's translations, Bran just sat there, waiting for her to get to Russian. Once she did though, she recognized the language instantly, even though Ukrainian was quite similar. "Yes, that's good. Very good. Your father is completely right." He smiled, mentally grinning at the fact that probably only a few other people in the room could understand them, and his family was out of earshot. So in essence, they were in their own little world. That was always cool to Bran.

"A few years now, although it's only been a year of me actually living. I had to suffer the first few years to get to this building. I dug a tunnel from where I ended up, to here." He tried to explain to the girl, who's last name, he would have to inquire about.

A goat rocketed past Superbia. Its legs were a blur under its body; the extremities moved so quickly that they didn't appear to be there at all. Blythe sat atop the goat's back. She rode sidesaddle and waved to Superbia as they passed him.

(ooc: just read it as if she had a French/Haitian accent!)

"Of course, cher. Mama Toussaint never hears stories from afar. But it's getting late, no? We should all be packing our bags. We leave tomorrow you know."

The Seer placed her napkin next to her empty plate. "Mama Toussaint promises this though. She'll be on that island and wants to hear these stories. Wouldn't it be nice if you were there to tell them? I hope so." She turned her head to catch the foreign conversation taking place between Bran and Myra.

"Oh, thank you," a blush rose to Myra's cheeks over Bran's compliment. "Did you say you dug a tunnel? That must have taken forever. Did you have tools?"

"Myra Bones! Haven't you things to do before we leave, girl?" Mama Toussaint wagged a finger at the teenager. "Better get going with that."

Letting out a small roar, he picked up speed as he alternated between flying and running. He was slowly catching up to her.

"Ah, pack'n d'e bags mi'te work, but I have no bags." J'aluk replied. "D'en again," He added. "Mebbe hav'n no bags is a good t'ing. Anyway, I guess I take me leave d'en." He offered a light bow before heading off.

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:46 pm

The Damnatius wrote:
Calvin came upon the darkened site deep within the nearby forests. Now cold and distant, Calvin was almost unable to find the broken remains of his vehicle. Little had changed since he'd last seen it, with exception to the fires being long extinguished. His visuals switched to something more fitting for the pitch dark, as the world was bathed in strange light that illuminated the area quite well. Calvin approached the wreck, it's front end buried. He kicked it, annoyed that he'd need to do actual work to get it out. Reluctantly, he was guided to the ruined engine of the car, where the assistant directed him to place his forearm.

Wires, thin and snake like, slithered outwards towards the bent and disfigured links. The moment they touched both parts, Calvin felt a distinguished pain that surged through his body in stages, but in turn, power struck through the wires, and into the car. It roared to life, briefly, as the wires detached and temporarily kept the flow going, while they could. Calvin hastily got in, setting the vehicle in reverse, as it pulled out of it's rut with painful whirrs and groans. In one final jerk, it died once more, but of course now in a more useful position.

Exhausted but still mobile, he paced around to the front, where the bonnet was crumpled and crushed, but still firmly closed. Perhaps too much so, it took him a number of kicks and pulls to get it open, but he was thankful when he did. Many of the belongings inside were damaged in some way, but others were somehow still in tact. He grabbed everything he could carry, including the masks. He received brief gratification from the assistant on his endeavors, before he was directed along back to his new home with his small number of belongings to put to use as a means of adapting his current life with his past.

Calvin would find a notice on his door. The building was being fumigated the next day. The residents, according to the note, were all going to be taken to the airport and put on a plane for an island trip courtesy of the landlord, O.C. Demens. All expenses paid. This was, of course, the easiest way for the OP to convey an eminent change of venue regarding the game setting. Forgive the OP. He's exhausted.

A different note was slipped under Katya's door although it was identical to the one slipped under Yoshi's door. Their notes read: ISLAND TIME! Grab your violins and sunscreen because we leave tomorrow courtesy of Torsiedelle! Everyone's meeting in the lobby after breakfast. PS. Watch out for the piano!

Notes were slipped under all other doors as well. Old islanders were informed of the return; new tenants were told that the building was being fumigated.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
His 'job' (as far as he saw it) done, MB hopped from Luce's head to Misaki's shoulder and used her as a springboard to jump toward the buffet table, where he tried to attack the bowl of fruit salad.

Luce cleared his throat to cover his embarrassment at MB's haring off. Not seeing Ray or Jacob or Albert close by, either, he nodded in agreement. "That would be much appreciated, yes."

It was clear he didn't like making the request, but saw no way around it since the cultists were every bit as skilled and considerably more numerous and subtle than himself, Chrys, and Dia. It helped, too, that he found Misaki easy to work alongside.

Elsewhere, Chrys stood up and followed Hans, hand-in-hand, after uttering a polite "See you soon" to Neil and Gretta. She huffed a sigh as she watched the raptors get back to work with the metal sample. It was, as Hans said, out of their hands now, but she couldn't help but trust anyone who could cause so much havoc and get away with it. It spoke to her own sense of mischief on a deeper level.

"Thank you for helping, Hans," she murmured, her volume low but the tone back to the familiar chime. "What do you make of this business so far? I'm interested to hear your thoughts." A wan smile. "I've had enough surprises for today."

"You're welcome," Hans stroked her thumb with his own, a simple gesture meant to reassure.

"My thoughts are dark, Chrys. Allspice has managed to dispense with one of your own people and implant that thing in her place. This doesn't sit easy with me. Why would they do it? They'd have to have knowledge of your people in order to pull that off and we have no idea how they came by it. How long has that Tasia replicant been here? How much information has it gained? We have to assume they now know how your organization works. Then again, they always seem to know exactly what gifts to give to people. It's likely they have working knowledge of most groups here. I wouldn't go so far as to say they'd understand my own faction or any of Chaos' forces. They lack a daemon therefore they're cut off from our communication sources. They can only guess. This whole thing troubles me. I want to know what they've done with your sister Conservator."

He opened the Building door for her and they passed through. The celebration was in full swing when they arrived in the dining room. He took note of the Cthulhu god and of seldom seen faces before locating Luce.

Hans immediately found himself plunged into an awkward situation. Dia was there. Hans immediately sized him up and recognized their differences. Dia was loud and jovial. He was so diametrically opposite. Hans couldn't place his finger on it and was merely speculating, of course. Chrys' mate would be entertaining to ride with into battle but seemed a loose cannon who used his gregarious nature to his advantage. He sincerely hoped the man wouldn't attempt to touch him. Hosts (and their daemons) preferred physical contact be made on their terms.

The cultist leader lurked on the fringe of the conversation. He stood silently as people were introduced and thoughts bantered. He wanted nothing more than to escape but his face and body language remained passive. Thankfully, he wasn't still holding Chrys' hand.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:Letting out a small roar, he picked up speed as he alternated between flying and running. He was slowly catching up to her.

"Ah, pack'n d'e bags mi'te work, but I have no bags." J'aluk replied. "D'en again," He added. "Mebbe hav'n no bags is a good t'ing. Anyway, I guess I take me leave d'en." He offered a light bow before heading off.

Blythe turned so she was riding the goat backwards. She placed her hands on its rump and playfully stuck her tongue out. Unfortunately, you can't see what's in front of you if you're busy flirting with your boyfriend running behind you. The goat slammed into upright piano's back. It launched forward into Xanthe and continued to move at spectacular speeds. Naomi squealed and jumped into the doorway as the massive instrument and angel were launched down the hall and thus down the stairs into the lobby. An object in motion stays in motion and Blythe was not exception. The goat had crumpled like an accordion upon impact and Blythe's body only added more momentum to the piano's speed.

The noise was deafening as piano, angel, daemonette and crumpled goat bounced down the stairs.

Ceril drifted beside Naomi. "This is the part where we leave. I have something to tell you as well." He passed a sleepy Eva to her and they navigated the stairs, stepped over the broken piano and hastily retreated to the Chaos Quarters.

Blythe and Xanthe, I'll point out, are damn near indestructible. Only their pride was wounded.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:Dan shook his head, mouth half filled with turkey and butternut squash. The combo added with cranberry was unlike anything he ever had. Considering it was his first time at a meal that wasn't for decorum's sake, it was completely addictive and Dan found himself unable to stop while listening to Thomas' recounting of Guy Fawkes. When a new person come into the conversation, Dan hid a laugh at the light smack over Thomas' head, wiping his mouth and hoped he didn't look like some starved pixie. Shaking Pete's hand, "I'm Dan, sorry," he said immediately after, realizing his mouth still half full. Gesturing for Pete to take a seat and join them, Dan took that moment to finish chewing and chugged a mouthful of tea he had taken as his drink when setting his plate of food. "And yes I'm new here arrived only a day or so ago, and don't worry about Thomas'; the counting on English history is quite intriguing since we don't normally hear of the outside world. I'm," he hesitated then, the fork spinning about on his plate while thoughts clearly showed flying across his eyes as he decided what to say. Deciding for honesty and sincerity, as Thomas didn't seem to be anything but, he continued, "I'm from the Summer Court of Faerie."

Both Englishmen's eyes widened. A faerie. An honest to gods faerie, there, in front of them, eating a meal with them! A silent conversation spanning a single heartbeat fluttered between them through their tether.

"Don't piss him off," Thomas warned. "They play pranks on you when you do that. Sometimes nasty pranks, too."

"Eh, we do the same. What's to fear. All's respected here, Thomas."

"Wot's he doing here?"

"Eating, Thomas. Just look. 'E's cleaned 'is plate."

"Yeah, but don't piss him off, just the same."

They hadn't dealings with the Courts, Winter or Summer. They hadn't seen the Fae before and were on unfamiliar grounds.

"Summer Court, you say? Well then, Dan, I think you'll enjoy tomorrow. The whole lot of us is moving to the Island for the month." Pete's smile spoke of fresh merriment to be had.

Thomas scratched his head. "Are you Seelie, then?"

"Aw, Thomas, don't ask 'im that. Don't be a busybody."

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:Letting out a small roar, he picked up speed as he alternated between flying and running. He was slowly catching up to her.

Blythe turned so she was riding the goat backwards. She placed her hands on its rump and playfully stuck her tongue out. Unfortunately, you can't see what's in front of you if you're busy flirting with your boyfriend running behind you. The goat slammed into upright piano's back. It launched forward into Xanthe and continued to move at spectacular speeds. Naomi squealed and jumped into the doorway as the massive instrument and angel were launched down the hall and thus down the stairs into the lobby. An object in motion stays in motion and Blythe was not exception. The goat had crumpled like an accordion upon impact and Blythe's body only added more momentum to the piano's speed.

The noise was deafening as piano, angel, daemonette and crumpled goat bounced down the stairs.

Ceril drifted beside Naomi. "This is the part where we leave. I have something to tell you as well." He passed a sleepy Eva to her and they navigated the stairs, stepped over the broken piano and hastily retreated to the Chaos Quarters.

Blythe and Xanthe, I'll point out, are damn near indestructible. Only their pride was wounded.

By the time he caught up to Blythe, he was already walking, observing as he got closer. Having a keen sense of knowing she was okay. He gave out a laugh as he helped up Blythe before going to help up Xanthe.

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:33 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:"It was a courier, Arthur sent us something. Dave is driving it to us from the factory now." Jonathan explained. thankful that he wasn't in the middle of something important when he was pulled in. "I really need to get rid of some failsafes that can cause problems like this." he added addressing Caroline's concern.

"Let's go enjoy the feast while we can." he suggested and smoothed out his clothing and hair.

"Don't worry, you look fine," Caroline said as she smoothed his suit's lapels.

The holiday feast was winding down by the time they arrived. The food was still plentiful but most people had finished and were engaged in quiet conversations. Conservators and cultists stood in a group speaking with Ray. The Chaos heads seemed to be deep in conversation with an Eldritch abomination that could only belong to the Cthulhu pantheon given the way the three Luxans were supplicating it from their lowly position on the floor.

Caroline fixed two plates for them and sat. Someone passed by and handed a flyer to them. It read: ISLAND TIME! Warm up your bus and pack your bags because we leave tomorrow courtesy of Torsiedelle! Everyone's meeting in the lobby after breakfast. PS. Watch out for the piano!

Blythe looked at the state of the piano and at all the loose feathers fluttered to the floor. A giggle erupted from her and quickly turned into a playful laugh.

"Oops," she gasped and broke into laughter once more.

Xanthe accepted Superbia's support as he extracted her from the piano's harp. "Oh dear, we've killed it," she bemoaned. The catastrophe had driven away her sad state and taken her mind off of Lucius.

Germanic Templars wrote:Dr. Smith nodded and followed her. Barox, in the meantime, would start a slow climb off his bed and an even slower movement towards the closet. It wasn't so much the drugs, it was also a bit of him being a bit tired, which might also be the drugs too. He opened the closet and quickly got dressed back into his casual clothing.

The computer allowed Dr. Smith to access the scans and other findings. It was possible for him to zoom in on the digital images. The chip could clearly be seen.

Wren nervously stood off to the side and allowed him to review everything.

"Will he be able to travel?" she asked after a while.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse