NATION

PASSWORD

Blood and Sand (Crime RP; OOC; OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zombie Survival Event for Halloween?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Yes.
59%
No.
27%
I don't care.
14%

Total votes : 22

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:50 am

(I will finish this a tad later, before the Halloween thingy)
Name: Anna Brand
Appearance:

Skills (Give a brief overview of what your character is skilled in. With military characters, it would be wise to include the various kinds of training that they have received): She is a good medic and is very intelligent.
Voice (This is for immersion purposes; basically, tell us who your character sounds like. Be sure to give us a URL format): I don't know how to get a voice sample.
Personality: Anna is cheerful, friendly, nice, independent
Nationality: British-Australian-Swedish
Birthplace: Norwich, Britain
Military Background (If any): none
Education: Royal College of Physicians
Residence: She doesn't have one as her 'visit' was unplanned.
Anything Else: Can I skip this?
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:(I will finish this a tad later, before the Halloween thingy)
Appearance:
Skills (Give a brief overview of what your character is skilled in. With military characters, it would be wise to include the various kinds of training that they have received):
Voice (This is for immersion purposes; basically, tell us who your character sounds like. Be sure to give us a URL format): I don't know how to get a voice sample
Anything Else:

Approved.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:53 am

Cylarn wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:(I will finish this a tad later, before the Halloween thingy)
Appearance:
Skills (Give a brief overview of what your character is skilled in. With military characters, it would be wise to include the various kinds of training that they have received):
Voice (This is for immersion purposes; basically, tell us who your character sounds like. Be sure to give us a URL format): I don't know how to get a voice sample
Anything Else:

Approved.

But I didn't finish it yet. :p
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 am

Finished. Me thinks.
Political Graph

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Cylarn wrote:
Approved.

But I didn't finish it yet. :p

Already approved.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am

Question: what kinda zombies are we looking at? slow easy targets? freakishly fast aggressive types? zombies-a-la-Walking-Dead that are neither slow or fast but a good mix?

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:46 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:Question: what kinda zombies are we looking at? slow easy targets? freakishly fast aggressive types? zombies-a-la-Walking-Dead that are neither slow or fast but a good mix?

Read the OP.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:46 am

Good night since I'm going to sleep my first post will probably be when the Halloween thingy starts(I really hate my timezone :p )
Political Graph

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:51 am

Cylarn wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:Question: what kinda zombies are we looking at? slow easy targets? freakishly fast aggressive types? zombies-a-la-Walking-Dead that are neither slow or fast but a good mix?

Read the OP.

Got it, for some reason I thought you were codenaming them instead of referencing it :palm:

thanks!

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Regarding the OPORD, I probably will not be awake on midnight as I need to be alive in the morning for school. Also, wouldn't there be a small DEA element in an immiadtely position to assist? :p
Last edited by Hornesia on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Hornesia wrote:Regarding the OPORD, I probably will not be awake on midnight as I need to be alive in the morning for school. Also, wouldn't there be a small DEA element in an immiadtely position to assist? :p

Nope.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Hornesia wrote:Regarding the OPORD, I probably will not be awake on midnight as I need to be alive in the morning for school. Also, wouldn't there be a small DEA element in an immiadtely position to assist? :p

Nope.

I was referring to myself. Then again, I'm probably gonna assume they're on bath salts and be the first infected.
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Coreyea wrote:Sounds like a reference to the 50 Cent game.

Nice flag :lol:
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Ugh........... does it have to be at 12?
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Wait, I just realized 1200 is noon and not midnight. I'm an idiot. :palm:

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Hornesia wrote:Wait, I just realized 1200 is noon and not midnight. I'm an idiot. :palm:

2400 = midnight. And then the cycle repeats.
Greetings, If you're reading this, YOU ARE A STALKER!
Now, in all seriousness, I am an American Male.
Greater Mackonia wrote:"A car carrying a Communist a Capitalist and a Fascist breaks down, the Communist implores for the three to unite and push the car forward, though it may take significant time and misery. The Capitalist declares that the three should hire a taxi, though it will be costly and the taxi only has room for two. The Fascist gets in the car, sounds the horn and pretends the car is still moving."

-A Mack Saying.

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Vaxon wrote:
Hornesia wrote:Wait, I just realized 1200 is noon and not midnight. I'm an idiot. :palm:

2400 = midnight. And then the cycle repeats.

I know. I was thinking in the 12 hour system for some reason.

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Name: Lance Velum
Appearance: Blackburn from BF3: Image
Skills (Give a brief overview of what your character is skilled in. With military characters, it would be wise to include the various kinds of training that they have received): Extremely skilled with weapons and marksmanship, most notably the rifle. He was the top shooter in his class. He is also a skilled driver, adept mechanic, leader, tactician
Voice (This is for immersion purposes; basically, tell us who your character sounds like. Be sure to give us a URL format): The guy in the camo, if you don't know
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TsIP6Yq2BEg
Personality: Quite serious during work and straightforward, no nonsense. In personal life, he can be quite laid back.
Nationality: American
Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts
Military Background (If any): Achieved the rank of Warrant Officer just months before his 4th service term ended, ending his military career. He served in the Gulf War, and extensively in the War On Terror. He recieved a Silver Star, Purple Heart, and a Distinguished Service Medal. He was a grenadier in the First Marines.
Education: Full school with B's, C's, the occasional A. Got a scholarship to a state college and used his military credits to get a bachelor's in law enforcement.
Residence: A medium sized house in the city, middle class.
Anything Else:

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Legatia wrote:Name: Lance Velum
Appearance: Blackburn from BF3: (Image)
Skills (Give a brief overview of what your character is skilled in. With military characters, it would be wise to include the various kinds of training that they have received): Extremely skilled with weapons and marksmanship, most notably the rifle. He was the top shooter in his class. He is also a skilled driver, adept mechanic, leader, tactician
Voice (This is for immersion purposes; basically, tell us who your character sounds like. Be sure to give us a URL format): The guy in the camo, if you don't know
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TsIP6Yq2BEg
Personality: Quite serious during work and straightforward, no nonsense. In personal life, he can be quite laid back.
Nationality: American
Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts
Military Background (If any): Achieved the rank of Warrant Officer just months before his 4th service term ended, ending his military career. He served in the Gulf War, and extensively in the War On Terror. He recieved a Silver Star, Purple Heart, and a Distinguished Service Medal. He was a grenadier in the First Marines.
Education: Full school with B's, C's, the occasional A. Got a scholarship to a state college and used his military credits to get a bachelor's in law enforcement.
Residence: A medium sized house in the city, middle class.
Anything Else:

Denied for not following the rule of the app.

Note: There is no swat, the police force in Oro is small and corrupt. You'll need a better reason for a char like this.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Can I scratch out the SWAT, then? And be a newer transfer?

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Legatia wrote:Can I scratch out the SWAT, then? And be a newer transfer?

He's pretty... uber, I mean, I don't get how a decorated person such as him ends up in Oro filled with criminals, delinquents and all manner of not-so-nice people. We'd need a reason/short bio on why he's here at least, to give us an idea. And also a certain blurb that is in the OP that goes to this app.

And yes, scratch out SWAT, as there is none to start with.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:19 pm

The reason he's in Oro was because of a misinformation of his station when he signed for Texas State Police. He was put into a larger town with not enough resources to handle him, so that transferred him to Oro.

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Legatia wrote:The reason he's in Oro was because of a misinformation of his station when he signed for Texas State Police. He was put into a larger town with not enough resources to handle him, so that transferred him to Oro.

Just for the record, I'm pretty sure there's no "Grenadier" MOS in the USMC. On top of that, I don't know why an Anti-Tank Rocket Man [Literally the title for the closest MOS to what you're thinking of] would be such a skilled shooter. I'm positive the brass would want somebody like that as a rifleman, DMR, licensed vehicle operator/mechanic or trick him into going for an open contract.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:33 pm

I know its not a MOS, its just a classification. Remember Marines are excellent marksmen, and Lance was no exception.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Legatia wrote:The reason he's in Oro was because of a misinformation of his station when he signed for Texas State Police. He was put into a larger town with not enough resources to handle him, so that transferred him to Oro.

1) Add this with a bit more detail to your app...

Legatia wrote:I know its not a MOS, its just a classification. Remember Marines are excellent marksmen, and Lance was no exception.

2) Clarify/detail it a bit better than this on your app as well.

3) Take out SWAT entirely.
4) The principal rule that you need in your app is missing, put it in.
5) Wait for Cylarn's decision.

Note: If Cylarn sees and comments on this before you can edit, well then, listen to what Cy says :3

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse