NATION

PASSWORD

(Open) IC 1870 REAL-WORLD RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How would you rate this RP?

The best ever, 10/10, five stars, two thumbs up, 100%, etc.
38%
Definitely in my top ten.
16%
One of the betters one's I've played.
8%
Meh...
16%
Not really that good.
8%
This is definitely one of the worst ones I've played.
No votes
Wait, this is totally the worst one I've played.
12%

Total votes : 73

Dangelia
Senator

Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 pm

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
Alexandria, Egypt
7 September 8:00 AM

The royal family walked up to the carriage. Behind them, where two men, mounted on a horse following them. They would follow the carriage during the entire ride, strictly for the safety of the King. The royal family had entered the carriage in the following order: H.H. Princess Elisaveta Danga, H.H. Queen Mitri Danga, H.H. King Olga Danga, and H.H. High Prince Lazo Danga. When the King sat down, he let out a sigh and closed his eyes for a second. After opening them again, he observed and felt the plush red seating and interior of the carriage. He then turned to the Sultan, "It is finally great to be here. I have always wanted to see Alexandria and Cairo. Know that I am here, might I ask, where we are going and first of all," he said, now addressing all of them, "how are all of you?"

Gold state
Minister

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gold state » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Beirut Vilayet

The Governor of the territory, sat at a polished wooden desk. On it stood a fresh pot of black ink and next to that a sharp goose feather quilt pen. Scratching his head, the Governor began to think about how the British would react to the telegram. Would they laugh it off, as a stupid message from a weak and poverty stricken 3rd world nation? Gulping hard, the Governor put pen to paper.

Dear, Ewart Gladstone.

Sir, I commend you on the progress the mighty British nation has made. Your empire, stretches from Canada to Calcutta and is a proud example of civilisation. Now I must make a request, told of me by Almighty God himself. Will you train the Lebanese Militia? They currently are weak and have few rifles for 11,000 men.

Signed, A humble Lebanese Governor

The message was signed and sealed, and sent.
Support Palestine, against the Israeli terrorism.
RIP, the Palestinians and Jews murdered by the IDF and Hamas.
14, Years old, British and Awesome
I like pokemon, so what?
I am Autistic

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:00 am

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

ALI PASHA SHERIF

Beirut, Sanjak of Beirut
7 September 1870

By Ottoman law, only non-Lebanese Christians were permitted to govern over the Vilayet of Beirut, as per the Padishah's royal firman of yesteryear. But Egypt was not the Sublime Porte, and would not be held under their laws and rules. With the cession of Lebanon, amongst others, to the newly-formed Sultanate, royal power had to be exerted swiftly before the natives would think of the nonsense of independence and autonomy.

A new governor had to be installed, and more often than not where it involved Khedivial Egypt, it meant family. Such a task then fell to Ali Pasha Sherif, conqueror of France, nephew of Mehmet Ali.

By late afternoon, a detachment of 7,000 men marched through the streets of Beirut, wending its way this way and that through wide streets and narrow alleys to the main plaza below the Governor's quarters.

Accompanied by trumpets, Ali Sherif strode out from the ranks and addressed the gathering crowd.

"People of Beirut! People of Mount Lebanon! The tyranny of Istanbul has ended, and justice and freedom shall be dispensed! Under the Sultan of Cairo, Lebanon shall be known for opulence and prestige! Lebanon shall be a force to be reckoned with!"

"Under the stasis and mismanagement of Turkey your fortune was squandered, and your streets clogged with rubbish. But no more! Egypt shall restore all rights and usher forth a golden age for Beirut!"

He turned to the Governor's Quarters. "Loyal servant of the Porte, your time has ended, and a new order has been declared! Come now, be at peace! Take off the trappings of slovenly governance, and come out where you shall be given an estate and a stipend!

"You shall retire under the warm sun of the Mediterranean, and sup wild oryx of the Sahel and the finest vines of the Levant, should you choose to!

"Ottoman power over Beirut is no more! Long live Sultan Isma'il!"

His army echoed. "Long live Cairo!"

SULTAN ISMA'IL PASHA

Iking Maryut, Western Desert
7 September 1870

Isma'il smiled, exuding warmth. "To the Citadel in Cairo, of course, where we shall commence the nuptial arrangements. May our children bring forth strong and healthy heirs, if God wills it!

"And as for Us, We are overjoyed at Our newfound independence from the Sublime Porte, and wish for this freedom to last forevermore. As a former dominion of the Sick Man of Europe, you must surely understand. It is prudent that we band together in defense of our liberties."

His eldest, Tewfk, remained agitated, feeling the stumps where his fingers ended, remembering the ordeal he had been through in Ethiopia. Isma'il hoped that all of the blasted mountains may see itself torn apart in this damned civil war and be engulfed in the fires of hell. He remained perturbed at the brazen gall Kassai had shown in betraying his liegelord, and wondered if he would then turn upon the lands of the Nile.

His trusted advisor, Nubar, had also gleaned that the Emir of Jabal Shammar had struck oil in the desert. There was also research carried out in the court of the Turks of using kerosene in the place of steam in machines. Regardless of whether this effort would come to fruition, this petroleum would be most useful. Perhaps it was a hint of things to come...

Hussein remained content at stroking his whiskers, hatching some sort of plan on top of his others. Presumably to disrupt the balance of powers that made the Concert of Europe. He had already achieved much, and more would be wrought in the conference to come.
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:34 am

A Diplomatic Communique of the United States of America

To: The Government of Chile
From: President John P. MacArthur, the United States of America
Classification: None
Encryption: None

We would like to notify you that my Vice President, Mr. Anthony Hughes, will be attending the conference personally, along with several personnel of the Springfield Armory, Colt Arms, and developers of the Gatling Gun, who will be accompanying him.

Thank you for your time, and we hope that the conference will go well.

Sincerely,
President John P. MacArthur
Commander-in-chief of the United States of America
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

The Norrland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norrland » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:34 am

20th November 1870

New Stockholm

The first few houses had been constructed, and Claes and Henrika Gustafsson were moving their belongings into their new home from the crates next to their tent. Claes was building the main furniture, like the bed, the table and chairs so they could live in the house. The rest of the men were building the second house, while their wives and the women were preparing lunch. It was midday, and the Swedish people had learnt from their 3 days of being in Africa, that this was the hottest part of the day, especially since it was summer here. But, thankfully there was a merciful sea breeze, strong enough to cool the men building. This sort of breeze was constant, due to these houses being less than 100m from the ocean. The men decided to take a break from the work, and sat down on makeshift benches that they had erected around a fire pit. The boat had set off a while ago to return to Sweden for supplies and report the arrival and setting up of the colony. There were several of these fire pits across the area the settlers had claimed as Swedish land. This colony was relatively close to British South Africa, so the colonists could go to a British town nearby to purchase supplies if their supplies failed to arrive from Sweden. It would probably take about a day's ride to get to the nearest British town. The men sat down, and begun to talk to each other about their lives back in Sweden, those which they gave up to come here. They sat and talked for about half an hour, then the women presented them with their meals. They weren't exactly high quality, but it was the best they could do with the limited food they had. After their meals, they talked about how they might be able to set up a trade link with British South Africa.

To: Governor of British South Africa
Greetings,
We have set up our colony north of your lands, and we hope that our two nations will be able to cooperate and live in peace together. We hope we can set up some kind of regular convoy of food and other essentials to be sent from your lands to ours. We shall be able to pay you, of course, with money or something else perhaps.
Signed,
Felix Svensson
Governor of New Stockholm

Gold state
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold state » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:04 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
(Image)

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

ALI PASHA SHERIF

Beirut, Sanjak of Beirut
7 September 1870

By Ottoman law, only non-Lebanese Christians were permitted to govern over the Vilayet of Beirut, as per the Padishah's royal firman of yesteryear. But Egypt was not the Sublime Porte, and would not be held under their laws and rules. With the cession of Lebanon, amongst others, to the newly-formed Sultanate, royal power had to be exerted swiftly before the natives would think of the nonsense of independence and autonomy.

A new governor had to be installed, and more often than not where it involved Khedivial Egypt, it meant family. Such a task then fell to Ali Pasha Sherif, conqueror of France, nephew of Mehmet Ali.

By late afternoon, a detachment of 7,000 men marched through the streets of Beirut, wending its way this way and that through wide streets and narrow alleys to the main plaza below the Governor's quarters.

Accompanied by trumpets, Ali Sherif strode out from the ranks and addressed the gathering crowd.

"People of Beirut! People of Mount Lebanon! The tyranny of Istanbul has ended, and justice and freedom shall be dispensed! Under the Sultan of Cairo, Lebanon shall be known for opulence and prestige! Lebanon shall be a force to be reckoned with!"

"Under the stasis and mismanagement of Turkey your fortune was squandered, and your streets clogged with rubbish. But no more! Egypt shall restore all rights and usher forth a golden age for Beirut!"

He turned to the Governor's Quarters. "Loyal servant of the Porte, your time has ended, and a new order has been declared! Come now, be at peace! Take off the trappings of slovenly governance, and come out where you shall be given an estate and a stipend!

"You shall retire under the warm sun of the Mediterranean, and sup wild oryx of the Sahel and the finest vines of the Levant, should you choose to!

"Ottoman power over Beirut is no more! Long live Sultan Isma'il!"

His army echoed. "Long live Cairo!"

SULTAN ISMA'IL PASHA

Iking Maryut, Western Desert
7 September 1870

Isma'il smiled, exuding warmth. "To the Citadel in Cairo, of course, where we shall commence the nuptial arrangements. May our children bring forth strong and healthy heirs, if God wills it!

"And as for Us, We are overjoyed at Our newfound independence from the Sublime Porte, and wish for this freedom to last forevermore. As a former dominion of the Sick Man of Europe, you must surely understand. It is prudent that we band together in defense of our liberties."

His eldest, Tewfk, remained agitated, feeling the stumps where his fingers ended, remembering the ordeal he had been through in Ethiopia. Isma'il hoped that all of the blasted mountains may see itself torn apart in this damned civil war and be engulfed in the fires of hell. He remained perturbed at the brazen gall Kassai had shown in betraying his liegelord, and wondered if he would then turn upon the lands of the Nile.

His trusted advisor, Nubar, had also gleaned that the Emir of Jabal Shammar had struck oil in the desert. There was also research carried out in the court of the Turks of using kerosene in the place of steam in machines. Regardless of whether this effort would come to fruition, this petroleum would be most useful. Perhaps it was a hint of things to come...

Hussein remained content at stroking his whiskers, hatching some sort of plan on top of his others. Presumably to disrupt the balance of powers that made the Concert of Europe. He had already achieved much, and more would be wrought in the conference to come.

The former Lebanese Governor remarked "I shall make haste to my home in Southern Beirut at once, just give me a few minutes to collect some things"

The Governor soon returned with a few Maronite troops who acted as Guards, they saluted the New Egyptian Governor before the Former Lebanese Governor asked...

"May, I purchase around 20 Acres of land outside of Beirut, I wish to help train a Militia to stop Ottoman attempts to reconquer the Region" The Governor said this while stroking his black beard.
I like pokemon, so what?
I am Autistic

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:17 am

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

ALI PASHA SHERIF

Beirut, Sanjak of Beirut
7 September 1870

"All that shall be dealt with shortly. But for now, the Sultan in Cairo has demanded your presence before him in the Citadel. As a citizen within Egyptian borders, you are obliged to follow his commands." Ali ordered his officers to stand down. The guards would not dare open fire upon a whole army.

"As you are no longer a governor of these territories, your bodyguards shall be free from your command and shall resume their duties as citizens. Stand down peacefully, and all shall be resolved shortly."

The 7,000 men assembled in the city square eyed the governor with blank stares of confusion. Surely he would not...

Gold state
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold state » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:40 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
(Image)

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

ALI PASHA SHERIF

Beirut, Sanjak of Beirut
7 September 1870

"All that shall be dealt with shortly. But for now, the Sultan in Cairo has demanded your presence before him in the Citadel. As a citizen within Egyptian borders, you are obliged to follow his commands." Ali ordered his officers to stand down. The guards would not dare open fire upon a whole army.

"As you are no longer a governor of these territories, your bodyguards shall be free from your command and shall resume their duties as citizens. Stand down peacefully, and all shall be resolved shortly."

The 7,000 men assembled in the city square eyed the governor with blank stares of confusion. Surely he would not...

It looked as if a very bloody confrontation would break out, but it didn't. Instead the former Governor got on a horse, with a few of his guards and rode off in the direction of Cairo. Dust clouds were being kicked up as they rode.

Maronite Barracks

A young soldier heard of the annexation of Beirut with growing disgust upon his face, the soldier was a sergeant and his name was David Eimarsch. He was a Lebanese Christian of German descent, and hated the Egyptians. He began to pass around a notice the the Lebanese militia, some 11,000 strong which detailed a meeting at the sergeant's home. The soldiers begin to leave the Barracks, rifles in arm down to the Sergeant's home.
I like pokemon, so what?
I am Autistic

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:03 am

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

ALI PASHA SHERIF

Beirut, Sanjak of Beirut
7 September 1870

The Governor's quarters were searched. What they found was most intriguing. Lebanese cooperation with the West? My, this would set a clear example!

Code: Select all
TO: HOME OFFICE, CITADEL OF CAIRO, SULTANATE OF EGYPT
ENCRYPTION: HIGH

Incumbent governor of Beirut consorting with West STOP Expressing interest of training army STOP Aligning with Great Powers STOP May have severe ramifications in regards to Egyptian control STOP Requesting one division as reinforcement STOP

Ali Pasha Sherif

Meanwhile patrols would be conducted at night time. All suspicious individuals would be apprehended and brought to the prisons where they might be interrogated. What more men walking around with rifles at night.

How do 11,000 soldiers fit in one house? Not to mention if there are at least 11,000 soldiers in Beirut alone — such a staggering absence would be noted.
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gold state
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold state » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:30 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
(Image)

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

ALI PASHA SHERIF

Beirut, Sanjak of Beirut
7 September 1870

The Governor's quarters were searched. What they found was most intriguing. Lebanese cooperation with the West? My, this would set a clear example!

Code: Select all
TO: HOME OFFICE, CITADEL OF CAIRO, SULTANATE OF EGYPT
ENCRYPTION: HIGH

Incumbent governor of Beirut consorting with West STOP Expressing interest of training army STOP Aligning with Great Powers STOP May have severe ramifications in regards to Egyptian control STOP Requesting one division as reinforcement STOP

Ali Pasha Sherif

Meanwhile patrols would be conducted at night time. All suspicious individuals would be apprehended and brought to the prisons where they might be interrogated. What more men walking around with rifles at night.

How do 11,000 soldiers fit in one house? Not to mention if there are at least 11,000 soldiers in Beirut alone — such a staggering absence would be noted.

Militia...

And besides, I really should have thought it through.

I'll just have them going to a barren area for a meeting.
I like pokemon, so what?
I am Autistic

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:34 am

*deleted*
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gold state
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold state » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Gold state wrote:
Militia...

And besides, I really should have thought it through.

I'll just have them going to a barren area for a meeting.

This shall be the last out of character correspondence. Co-OP reminder. This is an IC thread. Please keep OOC in OOC thread, or, alternatively, in a spoiler provided you have an IC post here as well.

IC plox.

The soldiers, reach a barren area which has makeshift targets. All of them soon, begin to aim their Snider Enfield rifles at the target and begin to fire them multiple times. Spent bullet casings begin to gather around the soldier's feet as they fire one after another. Meanwhile officers, begin to practice with swords on dead goats which had been donated by unsuspecting shepherds.
I like pokemon, so what?
I am Autistic

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:13 am

The City of Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg Governorate
The Russian Empire

Count Dmitry Alekseyevich Milyutin, Minister of War of Russia

Late September, 1870

Steam from the train awaiting Milyutin covered the platform of the Saint Petersburg Railway station. The minister was in a hurry. The Grand Duke had already arrived and Milyutin was not one to delay royalty, especially not a blunt man like Konstantin who apart from never shying away from giving his opinion was also the most staunch supporter of the liberal reforms that Milyutin too believed in, that counseled the Emperor. Jogging towards the train Milyutin was however disrupted by someone shouting his name.

Coming to a quick halt Milyutin turned from the train noticing a rapidly approaching diplomat. "Minister, a message from the archimandrite of Beirut." The diplomat shouted as he approached Milyutin. "The archimandrite of …" Milyutin spoke confused. The diplomat, having now reached the minister, nodded. "Beirut, sir. Apparently some sort of reform program may have been intended by the Vali of Beirut Vilayet but he appears to be deposed by the Egyptians." The diplomat declared.

Milyutin raised an eyebrow before receiving the message. He quickly skimmed it before shrugging. Yet he did not completely discard the content of the message. "Russia doesn't conduct policy on the basis of hearsay. I will ask the Egyptians when I reach Cairo" He declared with a grunt. Then he paused for a moment. "But send a message asking for an explanation. If nothing else we may be able to use this incident as a bargaining chip. And if there is something to these rumors … Well maybe we ought to take some sort of action." The minister ordered before turning to his train, eager to get to Cairo as soon as possible.

To: Hussein Kamel Pasha, Foreign Secretary of State of the Sultanate of Egypt
From: Count Dmitry Milyutin, Minister of War and acting Foreign Minister of the Russian Empire

Your Excellency,

The government of His Imperial Majesty Alexander II the Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias has recently heard rumors of a most tragic occurrence in your young country pertaining to the handling of the acquisition of territory in the Syrian region, most notably in the former Beirut Vilayet. As a region inhabited principally by Christians the Russian Empire has long viewed Ottoman and Muslim overlordship over Beirut Vilayet with great skepticism especially in regards to to the Orthodox communities of the region with whom the Russian Empire has a special relationship and certain obligations. His Imperial Majesty's government therefore requests that the Sultanate of Egypt explains its actions in the Beirut Vilayet that the Russian Empire may ascertain if it finds such actions objectionable. In light of recent events involving the excesses of Egyptian soldiers towards Christian civilians elsewhere in the world the Russian Empire wishes to make it very clear that any suppression or persecution against Christians will not be well received by His Imperial Majesty's government regardless of reasons.

In the Name of Alexander II the Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias,
Count Dmitry Milyutin, Minister of War of the Russian Empire

International Waters
The Strait of Gibraltar
Of the Coast of Spain

Admiral Vladimir Dmitrivech Medvedev

Date unknown, 1870

The Russian fleet reached the Medditerranean without incident or delay. A fine weather and an unproblematic voyage had allowed Medvedev to reach Gibraltar where he intended to refuel if the British permitted it in record time. A good thing for the Medditerranean region was at war, a war in which Russia would intervene, and time was of the essence.

Standing on the deck of the Sevastopol Medvedev's gaze was fixed on the horizon to the east where his goal awaited him. Soon, very soon, the foes of the friends of Russia would rue their aggression as the numerous and deadly cargo of Medvedev's fleet was unloaded on the coasts of allied lands, ready for war and bloodshed.

Commander: Admiral Vladirmi Dmitrivech Medvedev

1 x Sevastopol-class Armoured Frigate
1 x Borodino-class Ship of the Line
2 x Khrabryi-class Ships of the Line

18 x noncombatant steam transport and logistic vessels
23 x noncombatant wind powered vessels

The City of Tashkent
The Syrdarija Oblast
The Russian Empire

Adjutant General Konstantin Petrovich von Kaufmann, Governor-General of Turkestan

November 29th, 1870

The winter weather of Tashkent, the capital city of Turkestan, was mild and warm compared to what von Kaufman knew from Saint Petersburg why had had begun a habit of riding through the city escorted by a hundred cossacks to let himself be seen by the people of his capital and to escape the palace for a while for some quiet contemplation.

The Governor-General had a lot on his mind. Come summer he would order two thousand Russian troops, Russian not Turcomen tribal levies, to enter the Qing Dynasty and seize the Ili basin for the Empire. It was no grand military mission yet it required meticulous planning and no small amount of cunning to pull it of. Though the basin was no Afghanistan, Kaufman's ultimate goal, it would make a fine addition to the Russian Empire, and bring it closer to East Turkestan and Tibet.

Yet the troubles between the acting governor of newly acquired Mongolia, Wojtyła, a young man of grand ideas, and Colonel Skobelev, quite possibly von Kaufman's finest officer, threatened to ruin everything. Leading his horse out of the city the adjutant general grunted dissatisfied. He had too much trouble keeping the khans and the natives controlled yet happy to deal with infighting among Russians. Skobelev had sent a letter outright accusing Wojtyła of treason, while Wojtyła had diplomatically requested that colonel Skobelev be kept under control.

Though von Kaufman was inclined to back Skobelev he was not about to order the acting governor of Mongolia to war. Holding Mongolia was no easy feat and thus far Wojtyła seemed to be doing well at keeping the Mongols docile. No need to rock that boat. But if the detestable Yaqub Beg was throwing overboard all his support from the Dungans and Han peoples of his "kingdom" something would have to be done. Unlike Saint Petersburg von Kaufman was unwavering in his support for the Dungan revolt as long as it served Russia's purpose and kept China down.

Halting his horse for a moment von Kaufman pondered Skobelev's report. If Yaqub Beg was loosing support the Qing was not likely to fail to capitalize on it. Russia could loose its influence in East Turkestan and any hope von Kaufman had that one day the whole of Turkestan could be united under Russian rule would be dashed. An intolerable outcome. "Manchuria." Von Kaufman mumbled to himself, a bold plan forming. "Manchuria for East Turkestan." He spoke. A good bargain for the Manchu Empire. So all von Kaufman needed was ownership of Manchuria.

The Governor-General turned his horse back towards Tashkent. "We return." Von Kaufman shouted at his cossack retainers. "I have a message for Saint Petersburg that need to be written." He declared kicking his horse into a canter, confident that he had found a solution. If only Saint Petersburg would back it.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:26 am

THE KINGDOM OF EGYPT
AL-MAMLAKAH AL-MISRIYYAH

To:
Acting Foreign Minister of the Russian Empire,
Count Dmitry Milyutin

Date: ?? September 1870

Official Communique of the Citadel of Cairo

Peace be upon you,

The King in Cairo prays for your strong and unfailing health, and may prosperity and wealth continue to come your way.

We are increasingly perplexed as to what exactly you are suggesting. There has not been a tragic occurrence in the Vilayet of Beirut under the care of the Kingdom of Egypt, much less any occurrence of import. Nonetheless, we fear the course of events regarding the cession of the vilayet from Ottoman hands must be clarified lest it develop into an unfortunate misunderstanding.

On the 7th of September, the Ottoman-appointed Governor acknowledged Egyptian guardianship of the lands of Mount Lebanon, thereupon relinquishing his power and authority, handing it over to a temporary Egyptian representative before a suitable successor could, and was, chosen from the ranks of the local Lebanese Christian population, in contrast to Ottoman policy wherein the native, especially Christian, population were prohibited from holding any position of power.

As for the Governor, he was summoned to the court of His Majesty Isma'il Pasha to be offered a position as the Governor of Equatoria, as such talents should not go wasted. Should he decline, he will be offered a retirement in Jaffa with a handsome pension and benefits besides.

The Foreign Office, however, is not certain what is meant by 'excesses towards Christian civilians' in your previous correspondence. Egypt, in its short lifespan, has never pursued a policy of harming its Christian population, nor any other population besides. It is not known where this fear of suppression or persecution is coming from, and no such policy shall be pursued in any case, but by the Nile, His Majesty the King swears that no such action shall be undertaken by him or his descendants.

It is hoped that both our nations may come to an understanding.

Signed,

Hussein Kamel Pasha
Foreign Secretary of State
Kingdom of Egypt

TEWFIK PASHA, PRINCE OF THE SA'ID

Cairo, Cairo Governate
7 September 1870

In striking contrast with the somber halls of the stony edifice of the Citadel, the merriment and mirth within their great chambers was a like that had not been seen for quite some time. Guests supped in the most decadent displays of cattle, — rare in the deserts of the Nile — oryx, antelope, fish, ostrich and much more unnamed meats from the farthest regions of the Kingdom. There was even enough to be shared with the hosts of fellahin encamped outside that partook in the celebrations. For marriage was something that had to be celebrated. It was sacred, it was holy.

The Nile receded, anticipating.

The drinks flowed, and the songs poured through every crevice, echoing over every nook and cranny. The scents of every salivating scent there was wafted through the air, and the stuffy air boomed with cheers and laughter. But business had to come. His lord father bade him forth to entreat a representative of the Albanians to discuss this union more closely.

Striding forth, greeting the noble King in however it was custom, Tewfik requested to converse with him alone in private, if he was willing, or, if not, with a representative of his.

Skipping any formalities, he began. "The King is in favour of pursuing a short betrothal and an earlier marriage, and prays that this desire too is shared with His Royal Majesty.

"Moving on, His Highness, a proud son of Albania as I too am, wishes to see the Kingdom of Albania rise from the ashes and blossom into the great nation it should be. His Highness requests mining rights and permission to set up factories, most notably those of arms manufacturing, within your borders which shall serve to catapult Albania into industrialisation."

Tewfik touched his beard. "Finally, I personally am intrigued as to the possibility wherein Egypt and Albania are closer than what we are now. I would like to know your opinion, and whether you could add on to this thought."
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dangelia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:02 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
(Image)

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

Cairo, Cairo Governate
7 September 1870

In striking contrast with the somber halls of the stony edifice of the Citadel, the merriment and mirth within their great chambers was a like that had not been seen for quite some time. Guests supped in the most decadent displays of cattle, — rare in the deserts of the Nile — oryx, antelope, fish, ostrich and much more unnamed meats from the farthest regions of the Sultanate. There was even enough to be shared with the hosts of fellahin encamped outside that partook in the celebrations. For marriage was something that had to be celebrated. It was sacred, it was holy.

The Nile receded, anticipating.

The drinks flowed, and the songs poured through every crevice, echoing over every nook and cranny. The scents of every salivating scent there was wafted through the air, and the stuffy air boomed with cheers and laughter. But business had to come. His lord father bade him forth to entreat a representative of the Albanians to discuss this union more closely.

Striding forth, greeting the noble King in however it was custom, Tewfik requested to converse with him alone in private, if he was willing, or, if not, with a representative of his.

Skipping any formalities, he began. "The Sultan is in favour of pursuing a short betrothal and an earlier marriage, and prays that this desire too is shared with His Royal Majesty.

"Moving on, His Highness, a proud son of Albania as I too am, wishes to see the Kingdom of Albania rise from the ashes and blossom into the great nation it should be. His Highness requests mining rights and permission to set up factories, most notably those of arms manufacturing, within your borders which shall serve to catapult Albania into industrialisation."

Tewfik touched his beard. "Finally, I personally am intrigued as to the possibility wherein Egypt and Albania are closer than what we are now. I would like to know your opinion, and whether you could add on to this thought."

The King responded to Tewfik, "I agree, let's have a short betrothal. Any time before December should be good as the Orthodox Church does not permit marriage during fasts. I would also wish to discuss with the Sultan on how the wedding is to occurr, as I wish for both couples to be wed in the Orthodox Church.

"On to the next topic, I give the Sultan permission to set up factories and mining rights within Albania. It will surely benefit us.

"And know, on our last topic, I agree with you. I wish for a complete economic integration between Egypt and Albania, a military union, and a full sharing of resources. However, I still wish for both nations to be sovereign."
Last edited by Dangelia on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:26 am

THE KINGDOM OF EGYPT
AL-MAMLAKAH AL-MISRIYYAH

Cairo, Cairo Governate
7 September 1870

"His Majesty the King shall enjoy his coronation upon the 20th, and I believe it would be most auspicious to have both these events commence at once. Else, a wedding in November sounds lovely.

"The King wishes for His Highness' royal scions to be wed in the Muslim tradition first. I hope this should be acceptable, for afterwards they shall be wed in the Orthodox manner by the Patriarch of Alexandria himself.

"In the Islamic tradition, the groom must pay a sort of dowry to his bride; His Highness the Prince Hasan Ismail Pasha offers a sum of £70,000 and ten of his finest steeds of Nejdi breed, as well as fine samples of ivory. What sort of dowry might Her Highness Princess Fatima Khanum Effendi expect, if you do not mind me asking?

"That is most satisfactory indeed, most satisfactory. With all our might together, we will be able to seize the highest of heights and challenge the Sublime Porte. The rivers of Albania shall flow with gold, I promise you this.

"A military union, you say? Wherein all our soldiers shall be shared? That is most brilliant indeed, Your Royal Majesty, I had not thought of that! Turkey shall tremble before our assembled might! Indeed, my royal father will be most overjoyed to hear of this. But what of the chain of command? Who shall be in charge of the army?
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dangelia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
(Image)

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

Cairo, Cairo Governate
7 September 1870

"His Highness the Sultan shall enjoy his coronation upon the 20th, and I believe it would be most auspicious to have both these events commence at once. Else, a wedding in November sounds lovely.

"The Sultan wishes for His Highness' royal scions to be wed in the Muslim tradition first. I hope this should be acceptable, for afterwards they shall be wed in the Orthodox manner by the Patriarch of Alexandria himself.

"In the Islamic tradition, the groom must pay a sort of dowry to his bride; His Highness the Prince Hasan Ismail Pasha offers a sum of £70,000 and ten of his finest steeds of Nejdi breed, as well as fine samples of ivory. What sort of dowry might Her Highness Princess Fatima Khanum Effendi expect, if you do not mind me asking?

"That is most satisfactory indeed, most satisfactory. With all our might together, we will be able to seize the highest of heights and challenge the Sublime Porte. The rivers of Albania shall flow with gold, I promise you this.

"A military union, you say? Wherein all our soldiers shall be shared? That is most brilliant indeed, Your Royal Majesty, I had not thought of that! Turkey shall tremble before our assembled might! Indeed, my royal father will be most overjoyed to hear of this. But what of the chain of command? Who shall be in charge of the army?

The dowry that will be given to H.H. Princess Fatima Khanum Effemdi will be £90,000 and 10 of my finest steeds.

When it comes to the chain of command. We will need to further discuss this, but I have an idea. Albania's army will double with currently Egyptian troops. They shall be under my command, both the Albanians and Egyptians in Albania. And the Egyptian troops in Egypt will be under the command of the Sultan. You may take troops from Albania and move them to Egypt to fight under your command. But once they're done with their mission, you must return them to Albania. Albania will do likewise. And if the entire army needs to be used, both the Sultan and I will convene to decide what the troops will do.

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:31 am

THE KINGDOM OF EGYPT
AL-MAMLAKAH AL-MISRIYYAH

Cairo, Cairo Governate
7 September 1870

"That is most fair indeed. A perfect solution. I will see if His Highness agrees to this suggestion, but I think he will be thrilled.

"Now, you mentioned a union of our resources. Does that include finances too, or shall that be separate?

"If yes, I propose a committee that shall oversee our spending and monitor our checks and balances. Otherwise, bilateral trading ties might be in order."

AHMAD ORABI PASHA

Hargeisa, Somaliland
11 August 1870

Saylac had been taken on the seventh. Laasqoray yesterday. Reports were streaming in that Borama had surrendered in the morning. Today would prove to be a good day, then. The annexation of the string of city-states that made up Somali lands had gone on uninterrupted, with only medium casualties. Orabi's vanguard sunk deeper inland, while the main force of 20,000 were marching south along the road. Soon they would capture Gebilay, and then converge at Hargeisa, from whence they would steamroll into the territories along the way to Ceerigabo.

As for Hargeisa, it gave a strong resistance, but it could not hold in the end. Nonetheless, Orabi had lost a great deal of his men, and needed the 20,000 that would be his reinforcements. So much loss, for so little gain. He hoped the fat cats in Cairo would be happy with their gains here.

Soon, all of Somaliland would be within their grasp.
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dangelia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:33 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
(Image)

THE SULTANATE OF EGYPT
AS-SALTANAH AL-MISRIYYAH

Cairo, Cairo Governate
7 September 1870

"That is most fair indeed. A perfect solution. I will see if His Highness agrees to this suggestion, but I think he will be thrilled.

"Now, you mentioned a union of our resources. Does that include finances too, or shall that be separate?

"If yes, I propose a committee that shall oversee our spending and monitor our checks and balances. Otherwise, bilateral trading ties might be in order."

Meanwhile, the Egyptian army had finally demobilised, and the conscripts were permitted to return to their homes, while the standing army carried out their vigils stationed throughout the Sultanate.

AHMAD ORABI PASHA

Hargeisa, Somaliland
9 September 1870

Saylac had been taken on the seventh. Laasqoray yesterday. Reports were streaming in that Borama had surrendered in the morning. Today would prove to be a good day, then. The annexation of the string of city-states that made up Somali lands had gone on uninterrupted, with only medium casualties. Orabi's vanguard sunk deeper inland, while the main force of 20,000 were marching south along the road. Soon they would capture Gebilay, and then converge at Hargeisa, from whence they would steamroll into the territories along the way to Ceerigabo.

As for Hargeisa, it gave a strong resistance, but it could not hold in the end. Nonetheless, Orabi had lost a great deal of his men, and needed the 20,000 that would be his reinforcements. So much loss, for so little gain. He hoped the fat cats in Cairo would be happy with their gains here.

Soon, all of Somaliland would be within their grasp.

It will include finances, too. The commitee will be used. Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to come with you, there are some things which I must discuss with the Sultan for a short amount of time. Soon, we will be envy of Europe, the envy if Africa, the envy of Asia, and the envy of the world.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Phoenix2012 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Ottoman Empire
دولت عليهٔ عثمانیه
Devlet-i Âliyye-i Osmâniyye

Colombia
The Ottoman officials were quite pleased with the way the negations were taking place
He waited for the response from the Colombian government, which would seal the deal.

THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE

As promised, Colombian troops were now training alongside ottoman troops and local militia. There were several large training centers and a mass of smaller ones throughout the empire, including the army training centers in several remote locations. There was one located 8 miles from the Armenian border, another in the deserts of Libya, and several in the Balkans. In addition to infantry training, the Colombians were also instructed in Calvary and artillery training, and the ottomans were learning the finer arts of skirmishing from the Colombians. Three fleets were also being trained, one in the Black Sea, one in the Mediterranean, and one on its way into the Atlantic. The training was going well, indeed.

Unfinished

Ottoman Empire

دولت عليهٔ عثمانیه
To :
[img]http://upload.Wikipedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/Osmanli-nisani.svg/202px-Osmanli-nisani.svg.[align=Center]Ottoman Empire
دولت عليهٔ عثمانیه

Colombia
The Ottoman Commanding officer listened to the Colombian Admiral, and replied,
"No, sir, it is not a matter of trust, but one of mutual security. I personally would trust you with my fleet, but my orders are to confirm the fact that your navy did not, in fact, attack the Americans.

To Perez, he replied,
"We shall complete the deal as soon as you are ready..."

[box]Ottoman Empire

دولت عليهٔ عثمانیه
To Santiago Gomez
Minister of Foreign Affairs:

We will be more than happy to meet your needs in military training, and we look forward to learning the tactics you have mentioned. Our fleet shall sail the day the perchase of naval vessels is completed, and you are most certainly invited to visit the Ottoman Empire. However, I would like to point out that my Empire encompasses many terrain and geographical conditions, and I would like to invite more of your fine soldiers and officers to experience training in different terrains.
Sultan Abdülaziz of the Ottoman Empire

Ottoman Empire

دولت عليهٔ عثمانیه
To Ahmed Muhtar Pasha, General of the Ottoman Army:

As you know, tentions are brewing both in South America and within Europe. You are ordered to withdraw troops into the cities and into military fortifications where possible, so that transportation in aid of our allies can be simplified. We are expecting Colombian officers arriving for training in different terrains and other combat skills. Prepare where possible.

Ottoman Empire

دولت عليهٔ عثمانیه
To Admiral Hasan Rami Pasha of the Ottoman Navy :

Admiral, the time has come that our navy be reformed to European standards. I am aware that we are, indeed, building modern ships, but I am also concerned that our navy also employs warships from the previous century. I hereby order that any active warship without sufficient armor and weaponry by modern standards to be re-listed as supply ships or patrolling vessels. Any vessel older than 40 years of age shall be de-commissioned, and sailing training be kept to an minimum, the focus, instead, on steam vessels and gunnery.
png[/img][/align]

We will be more than happy to meet your needs in military training, and we look forward to learning the tactics you have mentioned. Our fleet shall sail the day the perchase of naval vessels is completed, and you are most certainly invited to visit the Ottoman Empire. However, I would like to point out that my Empire encompasses many terrain and geographical conditions, and I would like to invite more of your fine soldiers and officers to experience training in different terrains.
[/box]

Ottoman Empire

دولت عليهٔ عثمانیه
To Ahmed Muhtar Pasha, General of the Ottoman Army:

As you know, tentions are brewing both in South America and within Europe. You are ordered to withdraw troops into the cities and into military fortifications where possible, so that transportation in aid of our allies can be simplified. We are expecting Colombian officers arriving for training in different terrains and other combat skills. Prepare where possible.

Ottoman Empire

دولت عليهٔ عثمانیه
To Admiral Hasan Rami Pasha of the Ottoman Navy :

Admiral, the time has come that our navy be reformed to European standards. I am aware that we are, indeed, building modern ships, but I am also concerned that our navy also employs warships from the previous century. I hereby order that any active warship without sufficient armor and weaponry by modern standards to be re-listed as supply ships or patrolling vessels. Any vessel older than 40 years of age shall be de-commissioned, and sailing training be kept to an minimum, the focus, instead, on steam vessels and gunnery.

Dangelia wrote:
(Image)

[align=right]To:

Date: 4 September 1870

Official Communique of the Palace of Korçë

Peace be unto you,

Our nations have recently been in conflict, but I say to you, let this conflict end. I therefore propose that our two great nations create an alliance between us. Here are the terms to be set forth in this alliance:

The Ottomans will:
  • Recognize that the territories of Epirus, Toskeria, Ghegeria, Western Macedonia, Kosova, and Ulcinj as part of Albania.
  • Defend Albania against any attacking nation.
  • Represent Albania diplomatically.

The Albanians will:
  • Aid the Ottoman Empire in their conflicts.
  • Trade the following materials with the Ottoman Empire:
    • Minerals
    • Steel
    • Gold
    • Silver
    • Wool
  • Represent the Ottoman Empire diplomatically.

I pray to hear back soon fom you and that you accept the alliance.

Signed,

Gole Kozma Danga
King of Korçë and All Albania

The Ottoman Empire agrees to the above terms, but requested that the markets and ports also be open for free trade.

I will put in a proper post later.
Last edited by Phoenix2012 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Buenos Aries diplomatic Office
The Diplomat read over the Letters. The first was from Portugal asking Argentina for the Territories of Paraguay and Uruguay. Uruguay was giving Argentina way too much trouble. Too many riots and rebellions were coming from it. The best possible choice was to let it go. Paraguay on the Other hand was too Important strategically to let go of. The Diplomat wrote the letter.
To: Portugal

We will agree to your price for Uruguay and will give you it for half of what you were originally going to give us; however we will be keeping Paraguay as it is too valuable for us too lose. We thank you for your time. The Military Alliance however we would like to keep on the Table. We need European Allies and you will need a South American Ally. I think we can work together on that.

To: America

We will attend the National conference. We will send our diplomat Riet Peraz to attend. We can only sincerely hope that America will not hold ANY hatred for our past war and hope that this is in no way set up to make Argentina look bad.

Russian Fleet
The Argentinean Captain and First-Mate boarded the Russian Ship escorted by the Russian’s as they made their way into the Captains Chamber of the Russian ship. The Captain and First mate were worried about the fact that there was indeed a large Russian Fleet only a few Nautical miles off the shores of their homeland Argentina.
The Captain spoke up. “So. Mr.Whatever your name is. Please explain to me why your Russian Fleet is violating Argentina’s waters?”

Patagonia
After a few more weeks the conquest of Patagonia had been achieved. After the first battles it became increasingly easier to conquer the land as most of the settlers they saw from there on out were from Argentina. Now Argentina was one of the biggest nation’s in South America.

Dangelia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Phoenix2012 wrote:
Dangelia wrote:
(Image)

THE KINGDOM OF EGYPT
MBRETËRIA E SHQIPËRISË

Gole Kozma Danga

Korçë, Albania

4 September 1870

To:
His Highness the Sultan
Hussein Kamel Pasha of Egypt

Telegram from the Palace of Korçë

Peace be unto you,

It brings me and Albania great joy to hear from you. I fully agree to what you stated before and will gladly have the marraiges in Cairo take place. I shall give my eldest daughter, H.H. Princess Elisaveta Gole Danga to be wed to H.H. Prince Hasan Ismail Pasha and your daughter, H.H. Princess Fatima Khanum Effendi shall be wed to my eldest son H.H. High Prince Lazo Kozma Danga. As I am certain beyond doubt that this marriage will be blessed by you, I shall also give my blessing to our children's marriages, to our families' health and longevity, and to our nations' prosperity. However, I have but one major condition. I am a God-fearing man and therefore, I have raised my children in the Orthodox Church. You're children need not convert to the Orthodox Church, but they must be wed by the Greek Patriarch of Alexandria.

Signed,

Gole Kozma Danga

To:

Official Communique of the Palace of Korçë

Peace be unto you,

Our nations have recently been in conflict, but I say to you, let this conflict end. I therefore propose that our two great nations create an alliance between us. Here are the terms to be set forth in this alliance:

The Ottomans will:
  • Recognize that the territories of Epirus, Toskeria, Ghegeria, Western Macedonia, Kosova, and Ulcinj as part of Albania.
  • Defend Albania against any attacking nation.
  • Represent Albania diplomatically.

The Albanians will:
  • Aid the Ottoman Empire in their conflicts.
  • Trade the following materials with the Ottoman Empire:
    • Minerals
    • Steel
    • Gold
    • Silver
    • Wool
  • Represent the Ottoman Empire diplomatically.

I pray to hear back soon fom you and that you accept the alliance.

Signed,

Gole Kozma Danga

The Ottoman Empire agrees to the above terms, but requested that the markets and ports also be open for free trade.

The Ottoman Empire agrees to the above terms, but requested that the markets and ports also be open for free trade. [/quote]
The markets and ports will be open for free trade as you have said. I wish you good luck on your endeavors.
Last edited by Dangelia on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:26 am

International waters
The Atlantic Ocean
Of the coast of Buenos Aires

Admiral Pavel Vladimirovich Putin

November 13th, 1870

Dressed in the parade uniform of a Russian admiral Putin received the Argentinian captain and another man in his cabin once they had boarded the Petropavlovsk. The two men, it seemed, had decided to antagonize Putin and the Russian chancellor who sat in on the meeting with crude and unrefined manners. Without introduction, without saluting a superior officer and with a deliberately insulting failure to inquire about Putin's name the pair had the audacity to accuse the Empire of violating Argentina's waters. Feeling his anger rise Putin, always a temperamental man, had to restrain himself from throwing the pair of Argentinian savages in the brig.

Instead he turned to Prince Gorchakov, who had dressed in a formal frock coat but otherwise bore no attributes or vestiges signifying his high office. "They are savage men, chancellor." Putin complained his voice trembling with anger. "They shame us and have the nerve to insinuate that they and their country is the aggrieved party, we ought …" Putin spoke and even if his words was intelligible to the two Argentinians the tone should leave no uncertainty about the anger of the admiral-

The chancellor thought differently. "Then deal with them, admiral." Gorchakov spoke politely, quietly and calmly. "I did not cross the Atlantic to treat with the captain of some schooner. Demand the surrender of these men and their ship that we may continue our journey." The chancellor insisted. Putin grunted. The chancellor was a suave man not to be deterred by sailors, but Putin was a navy man and having colleagues, even if from a backwater navy like the Argentinian, shame the Russian honor onboard his ship was hard to swallow.

For a moment Putin hesitated but then a sigh from the chancellor brought him into action. The admiral rose slowly from his seat. He was a big burly man who looked very much like one thought a Russian peasant would look like. His hair was black and he had a full beard to accompany it, his features where common with some scarring marring them. His eyes where dark brown and gazed at the Argentinians with ill will. He however saluted them politely, to show them how proper naval officers of proper countries behaved. "Gentlemen." Putin spoke in a heavily accented French. "Welcome aboard the Petropavlovsk."

The admiral paused for a moment before deciding that he owed no further courtesies or niceties to the two men. "By its refusal to honor past agreements made with the Russian Empire the Republic of Argentina has incurred the wrath of His Imperial Majesty's government why it is my duty to inform you gentlemen that a state of war shall from this moment and until the Argentine government sues for peace exist between the Russian Empire and the Republic of Argentina." Putin declared coldly. "Therefore I demand that the pair of you surrender the ship under your command to me immediately. Provided that you do so a large lifeboat will be made available for a group of sailors to sail to Buenos Aires and inform the Argentinian government of the war its actions has provoked. The rest of your sailors will be taken as prisoners of war and will be treated fairly and in accordance with international rules and norms." The admiral continued. "If you refuse you will be escorted back to your vessel which will then at once be engaged by the entirety of my fleet in battle until you are willing to comply with these terms I have here presented to you." Putin said before sitting down again.

Gazing at the two men, the man that had spoken his haughty words first and then the other who Putin surmised to be a deputy of sorts. "Please confirm that you have understood these terms as I have given them to you." Putin then added, pondering if lowly Argentinian sailors even understood French. "Then give me your answer."

Commander: Admiral Pavel Vladimirovich Putin

1 x Petropavlovsk-class Armoured Frigate
1 x Kniaz Pozharsky-class Armoured Frigate
2 x Admiral Spiridov-class Monitors
2 x Admiral Lazarev-class Armoured Frigates
3 x Pervenets-class Armoured Frigates
2 x Charodeika-class Monitors
8 x Uragan-class Monitors

23 x noncombatant steam transport and logistic vessels
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Bogota, Colombia
September 7, 1870

The Colombian government continued exerting pressure on Venezuela. This time, the government ordered that every person coming from Venezuela must be inspected thoroughly- including any cargo that the person brings. The Ministry of War and Defense dispatched 2,500 additional troops to the City of Cucuta. The troops that were already stationed in the city were continuing training as usual, however artillery units were being stationed near the border with Venezuela.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs read the letter sent by the Prussian government. He was delighted by their response. The Minister drafted a letter and sent it to the Prussian government. A Colombian delegate was sent to Berlin to discuss the possible signing of mining rights, military training, and trade agreements.

Republic of Colombia
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

To whom it may concern,

We are truly honored to know that our letter was well received by the German government. We will send a delegate to Berlin in order to negotiate a number of agreements with the hope of creating friendly relations between both nations. Meanwhile, we would like to propose a temporal pact that reduces both countries' tariffs to 2.5%. We hope that this is seen in good eyes by the German government.

Thank you for answering our letter.

Your humble friend,

Santiago Gomez
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Garcia Delegation (Colombia-Austria) - Palace of Nariño:

Mr. Garcia responded enthusiastically, "Of course, sir. We took the liberty to draft one as we were negotiating, just to keep on record every single condition agreed on." The secretaries of Mr. Garcia were making the last few additions. After a few minutes, the secretaries gave the treaty to Mr. Garcia. He read it closely and after he was done, said to the Austrian delegate, "Good, here it is. I hope you think everything is fine." Mr. Garcia had a smile on his face. As he gave the treaty to the Austrian delegate, his happiness grew.

Treaty of Bogota

Preamble

In hopes of forging a more harmonious and long-lasting relationship, the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the Republic of Colombia agree to the following terms.

Article I

A. Mining rights will be given to Austria-Hungary to set up and operate mines in the following states: Antioquia, Bolivar, and Santander.
    I. The net profits of these activities shall be split between both entities (one being the Colombian government and the other being the Austrian government and/or corporation) in two equal halves.
    II. Any miners and/or staff working on these Austrian-operated mines shall be paid a wage of at least 10% above of the minimum salary.
    III. Any sale of the resources exploited in these territories, to foreign entities, shall not be taxed. However, any sale of these resources within Colombian territories shall be taxed 5% (additionally to any tax rate already in place for the sale of these resources).

B. Austro-Hungarian companies shall be allowed to operate in all territories of Colombia.
    I. These companies shall be taxed 15% on their yearly net income, generated within Colombian territories.
    II. These companies shall be taxed on the sale of their products within Colombian territories. The tax shall be the same as the one taxed for other companies.
      - An additional tax of 2.5% shall be taxed to companies dedicated to the food and staples industry.
      - Any company that dedicates itself to the cash crop industry shall be taxed (additionally to the respective tax rate) 5% on any sale within Colombian territories.
    III. Any exportation that is not considered as part of Clause A is hereby prohibited.
    IV. Austrian banking organizations that operate within Colombia shall give 15% of their total net profits (generated within Colombian territories) to the Colombian government.
      - Any Austrian banking organization that operates within Colombia, shall reserved 15% of its total net worth of the regional branch in the country, to Colombian private/public individuals/organizations.
    V. Any Colombian worker employed in Austrian businesses shall receive a wage that a 10% above the minimum wage of the country.
    VI. Any Colombian laws that do not conflict with these terms shall be enforced on their full power to Austrian organizations operating in Colombia.
    VII. Austrian corporations shall not be allowed to control more than 40% of the sector in which they focus.
      - Austrian Corporations shall not be allowed to buy more than 1/3 (in the case of Banking, 1/4) of a Colombian company.
      - Austrian corporations shall not be allowed to expand its activities to more than 3 sectors in the Colombian economy.
    VIII. Austrian corporations funded within Colombia shall also follow these parameters.

B. No mining rights will be given to any Austro-Hungarian corporation and/or public entity.

Article II

A. The Austrian-Hungarian government is hereby allowed to maintain and/or move 5,000 troops, during peacetime, within Colombian territories.
    I. If more than 5,000 Austrian troops are present within Colombian territories, the entire Austrian force shall be deported to the nearest Austrian territory.
      -The Austrian government shall be demanded an explanation the incident if it occurs.
    II. These Austrian troops are obligated to follow each law/rule established within Colombia.
      - If any of Austrian soldier brakes any Colombian law/rule, he/she shall be sent to court immediately for Judgement.
      - The Austrian soldier, in case of braking any Colombian law/rule, is entitled to an expert in laws and to a counselor appointed by the Austro-Hungarian government.
      - The Austrian government shall be provided the evidence that provoke the detention of the Austrian soldier, however any additional evidence found afterwards shall be kept in secrecy in order to ensure a fair trial, and will be given to the Austrian government after a verdict has been given.
      - Any sentence that does not exceed 5 years in prison shall be paid in a Colombian prison, after the sentence is finished, the Austrian soldier shall be deported to the nearest Austrian territory. Any sentence exceeding 5 years in prison shall be paid in an Austrian prison with the Austrian soldier being deported immediately. In this case, the Colombian government will demand proofs that the Austrian soldier is paying his/her sentence. Additionally, the Austrian soldier shall not be permitted to enter Colombian territories again.
      - Any court and prison expenses generated by an Austrian soldier shall be completely paid by the Austrian government.
    II. No Austrian soldier shall be allowed to enter Bogota or any territory adjacent to the city within a radius of 15 miles.
    III. The Colombian government shall be informed of any movement of troops 5 hours before the action is supposed to take place.

B. The Austro-Hungarian government pledges to protect Colombian sovereignty against any threat that presents in the future.
    I. The Colombian government can opt-out of any help under any threat if it sees necessary. The decision shall be informed to the Austrian government in an official letter drafted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
    II. During wartime, additional Austrian troops, to the 5,000 accounted in Clause A, must be approved by the Colombian government first, through an Official letter sent by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Article III

A. The Austrian government will be allowed to build railroads and telegram lines in Colombian territories.
    I. In the case of railroads, the Austrian entity (be it a company or a governmental organization) shall be allowed to hold ownership of these lines.
      - The net profits (generated within Colombian territories) shall be divided between the Colombian government and the Austrian private/public organization in two equal halves.
    II. In the case of telegrams, the Austrian entity (be it a company or a governmental organization) shall be allowed to hold ownership of 60% of shares of the telegram lines built within Colombia. The other 40% of shares shall be reserved to be purchased by Colombian public/private organizations.
    III. Both, the railroads and the telegram lines, shall be regulated and under the jurisdiction of their respective regulating entities within the Colombian Ministry of Transportation and Communication.
    IV. Employees of both, railroads and the telegram lines, shall be paid wages 10% above the minimum wage.

Article IV

A. The Austrian government shall be allowed to open private schools and universities within Colombian territories.
    I. The directives of these schools shall be free to accept any student they want.
    II. These schools shall be allowed to charge whatever tuition they deem necessary. Only monetary amounts will be allowed.
    III. These schools and universities shall be regulated by the Ministry of Education.
    IV. Free thinking shall allowed in the premises of these schools and universities. However, any sort of propaganda and campaign against the Colombian government with the purpose of overthrowing it and installing an Austrian-influenced government, shall be banned. The full force of law shall apply to anyone involved.

B. The Austrian government gives permission to the Colombian government to hire Austrian teachers and professors, independent to Austrian schools and universities, with a fair wage and treatment.

Article V

A. The Colombian government gives permission to the Austrian government to build and operate shipyards and factories focused on producing military materials and vehicles.
    I. The locations shall be choose by the Austrian government with approval of the Colombian government.
    II. Any materials/vehicles produced in these premises can be sold to any governmental/private entity.
      - Exceptions apply to nations at war with either Colombia or Austria.
      - Both nations have the right to blacklist any entity seeking to purchase materials/vehicles from these premises.
    III. Workers in these premises shall be paid a wage of 10% above of the minimum wage.
    IV. Both, Austria and Colombia, shall receive a discount when purchasing any materials/weapons. The rate shall be set by both countries in each purchase.

Article VI

A. The Austro-Hungarian government will provide the Colombian government with military (both terrestrial and maritime) training for Colombian armed forces.
    I. The Colombian government shall pay 10,000 francs for each military trainer.

Article VII

A. Any Colombian law/rule that isn't in conflict with this treaty shall be enforced on its totality.
B. Both, the Austrian government and the Colombian government, shall preserve their full authority, independence, and liberty to draft and execute the internal and international policies as they see fit.
C. No nation that is at war with Colombia and/or Austria shall benefit directly from any Article of this treaty.

Signed in the -- day of September in the year 1870 of the Grace of Our Lord.

Name
Title
Name
Title
Last edited by The Grand Republic of Hannover on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse