NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 8, Closed, Will it Hurt?)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/benedict-cumberbatch-confessions-fifth-estate-625408

The worst experience of Cumberbatch's life was in Durban.

"The worst experience of my life was in South Africa."
Said everyone who has ever been to SA.

Unless they've been to Baltimore.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Taking notice of a relatively sharp decline in active players (which, let me tell you, does make my job harder than I'd like for it to be.), I'm debating whether I should take this arc to a safe-ish place to conclude at week's end and then just start off the next arc at a dinner party, as is traditional in EH when starting new arcs.

I'd allow new characters to be created and something a bit more drastic- I'd create a different thread, saying OPEN, where I'd allow in some more new and active (but high quality) players, to put some fresh blood back in here and make up for the high number of rpers here who no longer post/won't be posting much for a while. (Example: Astro said he won't be back until winter, Ende is Ende, etc. etc.)
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Taking notice of a relatively sharp decline in active players (which, let me tell you, does make my job harder than I'd like for it to be.), I'm debating whether I should take this arc to a safe-ish place to conclude at week's end and then just start off the next arc at a dinner party, as is traditional in EH when starting new arcs.

OK.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'd allow new characters to be created and something a bit more drastic- I'd create a different thread, saying OPEN, where I'd allow in some more new and active (but high quality) players, to put some fresh blood back in here and make up for the high number of rpers here who no longer post/won't be posting much for a while. (Example: Astro said he won't be back until winter, Ende is Ende, etc. etc.)

Eh. Maybe.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Taking notice of a relatively sharp decline in active players (which, let me tell you, does make my job harder than I'd like for it to be.), I'm debating whether I should take this arc to a safe-ish place to conclude at week's end and then just start off the next arc at a dinner party, as is traditional in EH when starting new arcs.

OK.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'd allow new characters to be created and something a bit more drastic- I'd create a different thread, saying OPEN, where I'd allow in some more new and active (but high quality) players, to put some fresh blood back in here and make up for the high number of rpers here who no longer post/won't be posting much for a while. (Example: Astro said he won't be back until winter, Ende is Ende, etc. etc.)

Eh. Maybe.

Thank you, Mr. House, for your insightful response. :p
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Go for it.
Honestly, the roleplay could use more fresh meat.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Let's just keep the RP in its roots; crazy drunken fun time with some plot things sometimes.

Because fuck planning.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Let's just keep the RP in its roots; crazy drunken fun time with some plot things sometimes.

Because fuck planning.

Somewhat what we're trying to do. It was easier when I had more active people I could rely upon to swap around and have stuff happen, but then the house of cards somewhat fell apart as people began leaving or decreasing activity.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:27 pm

If I do throw in fresh blood, I'll probably do a basic "get to know you" survey which will basically consist of

Do you like Doctor Who?:
What is your favourite genre?:
Country of origin:
Religion and level of devoutness:
How are you with dark humour?:

Considering EH's reputation, I think people will happily fill that out.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:Let's just keep the RP in its roots; crazy drunken fun time with some plot things sometimes.

Because fuck planning.

Somewhat what we're trying to do. It was easier when I had more active people I could rely upon to swap around and have stuff happen, but then the house of cards somewhat fell apart as people began leaving or decreasing activity.

I can do things still.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Somewhat what we're trying to do. It was easier when I had more active people I could rely upon to swap around and have stuff happen, but then the house of cards somewhat fell apart as people began leaving or decreasing activity.

I can do things still.

No - you should work on studying in school and raising your GPA. :p
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm also debating on making a rule keeping people not participating in the IC from being around in the OOC (Erin is immune to said rule).

But I'm more hesitant on that.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I utterly adore reading reactions to the Indian Miss America.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:05 pm

I'd allow new characters to be created and something a bit more drastic- I'd create a different thread, saying OPEN, where I'd allow in some more new and active (but high quality) players, to put some fresh blood back in here and make up for the high number of rpers here who no longer post/won't be posting much for a while. (Example: Astro said he won't be back until winter, Ende is Ende, etc. etc.)

Please don't.

I don't have anything against other people, but I want an ending, not a beginning.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I don't have anything against other people, but I want an ending, not a beginning.

I second this.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:

Please don't.

I don't have anything against other people, but I want an ending, not a beginning.

As do I - but I frankly admit that our original plans of hoping to get this done by the end of the year are going to end up being unrealistic.

Basically I don't want it to end up like AWB where the entire original cast was shrunk down to five people and slowed activity and so on helped kill it. I mean, I'm aware the issues were more complex than that, but I'm using a board stroke reference.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Please don't.

As do I - but I frankly admit that our original plans of hoping to get this done by the end of the year are going to end up being unrealistic.

Basically I don't want it to end up like AWB where the entire original cast was shrunk down to five people and slowed activity and so on helped kill it. I mean, I'm aware the issues were more complex than that, but I'm using a board stroke reference.

This is Elfen High.

Everyone who you care to have is still here. We're just busy. It happens.

This is the same schedule that it survived last year.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:As do I - but I frankly admit that our original plans of hoping to get this done by the end of the year are going to end up being unrealistic.

This is Elfen High.

Aye, but we had a tad more people last year.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:This is Elfen High.

Aye, but we had a tad more people last year.

Aye, but we don't need those people.

We average about five posts a day. APS averaged two posts a month and we finished it, because I'm a stubborn bastard.

Things will lighten up soon enough, as people figure out how to manage their new schedules better and Christmas approaches.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Aye, but we had a tad more people last year.

Aye, but we don't need those people.

We average about five posts a day. APS averaged two posts a month and we finished it, because I'm a stubborn bastard.

Things will lighten up soon enough, as people figure out how to manage their new schedules better and Christmas approaches.

Alrighty then, I'll refrain from adding in fresh blood right away.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Aye, but we don't need those people.

Alrighty then, I'll refrain from adding in fresh blood right away.

I may be an idiot - well, I say "may" - but I'd honestly rather see this die than see it become something completely different when it should be reaching its zenith.

I say that now, of course.

Goodbye.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:If I do throw in fresh blood, I'll probably do a basic "get to know you" survey which will basically consist of

Do you like Doctor Who?:
What is your favourite genre?:
Country of origin:
Religion and level of devoutness:
How are you with dark humour?:

Considering EH's reputation, I think people will happily fill that out.

i'm not fresh blood
you could ask me
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Over the course of the school day, I've switched from writing my division symbols as this, to a "/".

I think I may be going insane.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Over the course of the school day, I've switched from writing my division symbols as this, to a "/".

I always do that.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 pm

I will not be happy unless the ending to post-apocalyptic Macbeth is a dance party.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Over the course of the school day, I've switched from writing my division symbols as this, to a "/".

You don't already do that? What's wrong with you? :P
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse