NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 8, Closed, Will it Hurt?)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:My own entertainment list right now includes many things, but two of them are House of Cards, Supernatural, House (I need to wrap up some episodes I have not seen), Cowboy Bebop and Attack on Titan.

That's the English-language stuff and the anime. The rest is a bunch of Indian things.

Can't you just get an iPod, go into the streets, and drop some LSD to get the Indian stuff?

It wouldn't be crazy enough.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Can't you just get an iPod, go into the streets, and drop some LSD to get the Indian stuff?

It wouldn't be crazy enough.

The streets of Mumbai, mind you.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Though there is one FMA thing I wanted to ask NEI.

NEI, what's your favourite of the FMA theme songs?

The first one.

Good man.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Cowboy Bebop and Attack on Titan.

Good boy.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:It wouldn't be crazy enough.

The streets of Mumbai, mind you.

I might be fairly familiar with the streets of my home, yes.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Cowboy Bebop and Attack on Titan.

Good boy.

I acknowledge that I have absolutely no idea what either of these things are about, but I'll trust your judgement here.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Good boy.

I acknowledge that I have absolutely no idea what either of these things are about, but I'll trust your judgement here.

Cowboy Bebop is a space Western.

See? I know things.

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Good boy.

Cowboy Bebop is about bounty hunters in space, some number of years after Earth became subject to frequent bombardment from remnants of the exploded Moon.

Attack on Titan is set 100 years after Titans - massive super-predators that vaguely resemble humans - appeared and began devouring humans. The majority of the population is dead; the survivors live within a series of three 50-meter walls, under a single monarchy.

Both deal with different elements of human emotions and philosophies.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I acknowledge that I have absolutely no idea what either of these things are about, but I'll trust your judgement here.

Cowboy Bebop is about bounty hunters in space, some number of years after Earth became subject to frequent bombardment from remnants of the exploded Moon.

Attack on Titan is set 100 years after Titans - massive super-predators that vaguely resemble humans - appeared and began devouring humans. The majority of the population is dead; the survivors live within a series of three 50-meter walls, under a single monarchy.

Both deal with different elements of human emotions and philosophies.

I'll give them a watch after the other items on my list wrap up.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:05 pm

There's a certain type of liberal Westerner (the atheist, condescending, holier than thou, white man's burden sort- basically most of NSG), who are absolutely amazed that India's first PM was an atheist.

I find it somewhat interesting how they've already formulated this image of India in their minds as a backwards, religiously trapped place and some get downright aggressive when it's questioned.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:There's a certain type of liberal Westerner (the atheist, condescending, holier than thou, white man's burden sort- basically most of NSG), who are absolutely amazed that India's first PM was an atheist.

I find it somewhat interesting how they've already formulated this image of India in their minds as a backwards, religiously trapped place and some get downright aggressive when it's questioned.

I read "white man" as "whiteman", which is a much cooler racial epithet.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:There's a certain type of liberal Westerner (the atheist, condescending, holier than thou, white man's burden sort- basically most of NSG), who are absolutely amazed that India's first PM was an atheist.

I read "white man" as "whiteman", which is a much cooler racial epithet.

Indeed.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I read "white man" as "whiteman", which is a much cooler racial epithet.

Indeed.

Pink man is cooler.

Unfortunately there's only one of him (as far as I know), and Santa Cruz owns him.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:36 pm

As I am a man with strange ambitions, I want to write a textbook.

There's a lot of potential comedic material there.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:As I am a man with strange ambitions, I want to write a textbook.

I once started a sarcastic version of my own after seeing the history textbooks of some of my taekwondo students in America and seeing how biased those things were (I flipped to the India section as well and realised how it did the Indian Independence movement incorrectly and never mentioned India again).

It'd be interesting to start it up again.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:As I am a man with strange ambitions, I want to write a textbook.

I once started a sarcastic version of my own after seeing the history textbooks of some of my taekwondo students in America and seeing how biased those things were (I flipped to the India section as well and realised how it did the Indian Independence movement incorrectly and never mentioned India again).

My friends in AP US History showed me some stuff from The American Pageant, a textbook written by a single man in his basement.

It is the single most glorious thing I have ever seen.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I once started a sarcastic version of my own after seeing the history textbooks of some of my taekwondo students in America and seeing how biased those things were (I flipped to the India section as well and realised how it did the Indian Independence movement incorrectly and never mentioned India again).

My friends in AP US History showed me some stuff from The American Pageant, a textbook written by a single man in his basement.

Explain.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:My friends in AP US History showed me some stuff from The American Pageant, a textbook written by a single man in his basement.

Explain.

It's like Douglas Adams wrote a history book.

It is so entirely laden with innuendo, wordplay, and general idiosyncrasies that one friend of mine collected his favorite material from the first three chapters on a Word doc, and he came up with 20 pages.

I'll ask him to send me a copy so I can show some of it to you. (And for my own personal amusement, admittedly.)

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Explain.

It's like Douglas Adams wrote a history book.

It is so entirely laden with innuendo, wordplay, and general idiosyncrasies that one friend of mine collected his favorite material from the first three chapters on a Word doc, and he came up with 20 pages.

I'll ask him to send me a copy so I can show some of it to you. (And for my own personal amusement, admittedly.)

Now that looks like a good book to learn from.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:It's like Douglas Adams wrote a history book.

Now that looks like a good book to learn from.

It generally lambasts the idea of history as stalwart stoics standing before dramatic backdrops while an eagle cries.

In fact, it generally lambasts everything.

Of course, I'm not actually in AP, so I don't own a copy myself.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Now that looks like a good book to learn from.

It generally lambasts the idea of history as stalwart stoics standing before dramatic backdrops while an eagle cries.

In fact, it generally lambasts everything.

Of course, I'm not actually in AP, so I don't own a copy myself.

It sounds like Colbert wrote a textbook.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Alright, now that I'm giving increasingly less fucks about the semiology workshop and psychology is too much of a hazzle, I suppose it's only fitting I come back here and ask... what sort of delightful insanity have I missed, and what new stuff can any of my characters (provided you wouldn't rather I killed them all off and started from scratch) take part in?
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I'm apparently supposed to be Pennsylvanian.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I almost ended up living in Pennsylvania.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Constaniana wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:I'm apparently supposed to be Pennsylvanian.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I almost ended up living in Pennsylvania.

Oh?
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Liriena wrote:Alright, now that I'm giving increasingly less fucks about the semiology workshop and psychology is too much of a hazzle, I suppose it's only fitting I come back here and ask... what sort of delightful insanity have I missed, and what new stuff can any of my characters (provided you wouldn't rather I killed them all off and started from scratch) take part in?

Might be good to kill them all off and create a character who is not even remotely a hash of your normal, transgender/genderqueer/whatever they are character. Hell, just make a very ordinary character, if you can.

Largely because your usual type gets very tiring.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse