NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 8, Closed, Will it Hurt?)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:My ultimate qualm with it comes down to this, and though it seems petty, it's important - the main character.

Sherlock is a stoic. I quite like that.

Edward-or-whatever is an obnoxious brat. Maybe it's supposed to be funny, but I really hate that.

You just saw Edward in merely the first four episodes. He's a young kid (16 or so), yes, but he's also frankly a soldier and a fighter, and he can get extremely dark and stoic.

And let's not even get into the Roy Mustang-ness of Roy Mustang.

I'm sure he gets better, but I can't get past the obligatory anime "giant head, angry shouting" scenes. Those are just awful.

And I don't know what a Roy Mustang is. Mustache?

Esternial wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Sherlock is okay?

I don't know who you think you are, Belgian, but let me tell you that you tread on a dangerous line.

I don't like police procedurals. Neither Sherlock Holmes nor Sherlock are, or are meant to be. (One of my main problems with Elementary is that it seems like they dumped Holmes into a standard American cop show, which he can't work in.)

Sherlock is... I don't know what the fuck it is. There's some political thriller, some Shakespearean tragedy, some of the classic Holmes, and just a touch of a fairy tale. It is anything but common or overdone.

I recall an episode with some kind of monster wolf and hallucinogenics. That was fun.

Hound of Baskervilles

It's one of the most famous pieces of literature of all time, damn you!
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You just saw Edward in merely the first four episodes. He's a young kid (16 or so), yes, but he's also frankly a soldier and a fighter, and he can get extremely dark and stoic.

And let's not even get into the Roy Mustang-ness of Roy Mustang.

I'm sure he gets better, but I can't get past the obligatory anime "giant head, angry shouting" scenes. Those are just awful.

And I don't know what a Roy Mustang is. Mustache?

In other words, anyone watching Doctor Who should just stop after fart aliens.

Roy Mustang is the Colonel.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I'm sure he gets better, but I can't get past the obligatory anime "giant head, angry shouting" scenes. Those are just awful.

And I don't know what a Roy Mustang is. Mustache?

In other words, anyone watching Doctor Who should just stop after fart aliens.

Roy Mustang is the Colonel.

I know you've used this argument before, but it's not going to work, because at least Aliens of London had Christopher Eccleston.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:In other words, anyone watching Doctor Who should just stop after fart aliens.

Roy Mustang is the Colonel.

I know you've used this argument before, but it's not going to work, because at least Aliens of London had Christopher Eccleston.

And you'd never really know how good Eccleston can get if you hadn't finished that first series.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:59 pm

A good exercise is to read Inferno by Dante while watching FMA Brotherhood.

The author did her research.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I know you've used this argument before, but it's not going to work, because at least Aliens of London had Christopher Eccleston.

And you'd never really know how good Eccleston can get if you hadn't finished that first series.

He was still Christopher Eccleston for the first episodes.

There's nothing particularly redeeming to latch onto in the early episodes of FMA. Sure, some of it is cool, but not exactly revolutionary.

It has thus far portrayed itself as your typical action anime show. Is it more than that? I believe you when you say it is, but I don't like action anime.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:And you'd never really know how good Eccleston can get if you hadn't finished that first series.

He was still Christopher Eccleston for the first episodes.

There's nothing particularly redeeming to latch onto in the early episodes of FMA. Sure, some of it is cool, but not exactly revolutionary.

It has thus far portrayed itself as your typical action anime show. Is it more than that? I believe you when you say it is, but I don't like action anime.

Part of the reason the early episodes are rushed is because they were trying to cover all the events of the manga covered in the 2003 anime to catch new viewers up to speed, without staying on them long enough to bore people who saw the first anime.

The series then evolves into a sort of political drama, with conspiracy elements, chemistry magic, religious undertones and a lot of subtext about morality, human nature and sacrifice.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:05 pm

NEI, if your schoolwork is done, explain to Nat why FMA is awesome while I do my own work.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Lazarian
Diplomat
 
Posts: 551
Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Lazarian » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:11 pm

yeet
Last edited by Lazarian on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:12 pm

http://www.anime-evo.net/2012/01/28/ful ... od-review/

A review of it.

Lazarian wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:He was still Christopher Eccleston for the first episodes.

There's nothing particularly redeeming to latch onto in the early episodes of FMA. Sure, some of it is cool, but not exactly revolutionary.

It has thus far portrayed itself as your typical action anime show. Is it more than that? I believe you when you say it is, but I don't like action anime.

It gets really good.

You just have to kind of slog your way through the first couple of episodes.

Who the fuck are you?
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Lazarian wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:He was still Christopher Eccleston for the first episodes.

There's nothing particularly redeeming to latch onto in the early episodes of FMA. Sure, some of it is cool, but not exactly revolutionary.

It has thus far portrayed itself as your typical action anime show. Is it more than that? I believe you when you say it is, but I don't like action anime.

It gets really good.

You just have to kind of slog your way through the first couple of episodes.

How the hell are you still alive?
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17308
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:NEI, if your schoolwork is done, explain to Nat why FMA is awesome while I do my own work.

It's exactly how Krish describes it.

Now stop bitching and actually make an effort to watch the show. Sometimes it's good to try new things; Doctor Who will get boring eventually.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:http://www.anime-evo.net/2012/01/28/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-review/

A review of it.

In terms of the plot the series also delivered. I never would have guessed half the things that the series revealed to us. The very heritage of the main characters, the conspiracy behind the very formation of Amestris and how unbelievably badass King Bradley is. I mean seriously, people should watch the series just to see what that guy can do with a weapon. This series was epic without overstating how huge the plot was. Everything just builds up to the major battles at the end and you just get drawn right into it. It’s not like the journey there was boring either since you get to see characters figuring out the truth, dealing with painful experiences, and really growing as people. The potential of humans is easily shown here both in terms of terrible acts and also great strength. There was a lot of thought put into the story of this series. They really gave some focus to how Amestris had been a country of conquest and thus had different races. Race tension and the Ishbalan Conflict that followed is a key part of the plot for many of the characters. But this series wasn’t just about that one country and made note that Amestris was part of a larger world. The Xing characters played a huge part in the story after all. The series had plenty of serious moments and character deaths. Likable characters died and that helped keep emotions honest since besides the Elric brothers it was impossible to tell who might not make it.


Just watch the fucking show.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Doctor Who will get boring eventually.

...

...

...Get out.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:http://www.anime-evo.net/2012/01/28/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-review/

A review of it.

In terms of the plot the series also delivered. I never would have guessed half the things that the series revealed to us. The very heritage of the main characters, the conspiracy behind the very formation of Amestris and how unbelievably badass King Bradley is. I mean seriously, people should watch the series just to see what that guy can do with a weapon. This series was epic without overstating how huge the plot was. Everything just builds up to the major battles at the end and you just get drawn right into it. It’s not like the journey there was boring either since you get to see characters figuring out the truth, dealing with painful experiences, and really growing as people. The potential of humans is easily shown here both in terms of terrible acts and also great strength. There was a lot of thought put into the story of this series. They really gave some focus to how Amestris had been a country of conquest and thus had different races. Race tension and the Ishbalan Conflict that followed is a key part of the plot for many of the characters. But this series wasn’t just about that one country and made note that Amestris was part of a larger world. The Xing characters played a huge part in the story after all. The series had plenty of serious moments and character deaths. Likable characters died and that helped keep emotions honest since besides the Elric brothers it was impossible to tell who might not make it.


Just watch the fucking show.

I am a lot more likely to if we don't go through this every time I mention a television.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:Doctor Who will get boring eventually.

...

...

...Get out.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

Just watch the fucking show.

I am a lot more likely to if we don't go through this every time I mention a television.

Actually, you brought this up first. :p

The reason we go through this constantly is because everyone agrees it's a good show, you have never disliked anything I have recommended, we share similar tastes with you, and you just flat out refuse to give it a chance.

If you agree to watch the next few episodes, we'll completely drop the entire subject.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:...

...

...Get out.


I am a lot more likely to if we don't go through this every time I mention a television.

Actually, you brought this up first. :p

The reason we go through this constantly is because everyone agrees it's a good show, you have never disliked anything I have recommended, we share similar tastes with you, and you just flat out refuse to give it a chance.

If you agree to watch the next few episodes, we'll completely drop the entire subject.

It's not that I refuse, it's that there's a lot more stuff I'd rather do.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Actually, you brought this up first. :p

The reason we go through this constantly is because everyone agrees it's a good show, you have never disliked anything I have recommended, we share similar tastes with you, and you just flat out refuse to give it a chance.

If you agree to watch the next few episodes, we'll completely drop the entire subject.

It's not that I refuse, it's that there's a lot more stuff I'd rather do.

Because you simply have not given this a chance. I will flat out tell you right now you will utterly love this show if you do give it a chance, and you know this same debate will rise again and again if you don't.



Now, on a more cheerful note, abortion.

How would that and the laws regarding it work in the EH world? I previously mentioned and made canon that aborted fetuses do in fact, go straight to Hell in their fetus forms where demons view them as a delicacy (they usually die again within seconds after arriving in Hell because they're fucking fetuses).
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Though there is one FMA thing I wanted to ask NEI.

NEI, what's your favourite of the FMA theme songs?
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:It's not that I refuse, it's that there's a lot more stuff I'd rather do.

Because you simply have not given this a chance. I will flat out tell you right now you will utterly love this show if you do give it a chance, and you know this same debate will rise again and again if you don't.

I will flat out tell you that my chances of actually watching it decrease every time you bitch.

I am not particularly busy as is, and still don't get to see half the shit I want to. It's just not feasible to watch that and everything else I already know I like and very much want to see.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Because you simply have not given this a chance. I will flat out tell you right now you will utterly love this show if you do give it a chance, and you know this same debate will rise again and again if you don't.

I will flat out tell you that my chances of actually watching it decrease every time you bitch.

I am not particularly busy as is, and still don't get to see half the shit I want to. It's just not feasible to watch that and everything else I already know I like and very much want to see.

Very well, I'll just hold you to your earlier set date then and start bitching shortly before that.

Or whenever Esty, NEI or I casually mention that show and become rabid fans, similar to how we all tend to get around Doctor Who.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I will flat out tell you that my chances of actually watching it decrease every time you bitch.

I am not particularly busy as is, and still don't get to see half the shit I want to. It's just not feasible to watch that and everything else I already know I like and very much want to see.

Very well, I'll just hold you to your earlier set date then and start bitching shortly before that.

Or whenever Esty, NEI or I casually mention that show and become rabid fans, similar to how we all tend to get around Doctor Who.

On a somewhat related note; the other day, an acquiantance in my Spanish class started to sing the Doctor Who theme.

After I practically pounced on him, he told me he was midway through Series 1 and was really enjoying the First Doctor.

I cried tears of mixed emotion.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Very well, I'll just hold you to your earlier set date then and start bitching shortly before that.

Or whenever Esty, NEI or I casually mention that show and become rabid fans, similar to how we all tend to get around Doctor Who.

On a somewhat related note; the other day, an acquiantance in my Spanish class started to sing the Doctor Who theme.

After I practically pounced on him, he told me he was midway through Series 1 and was really enjoying the First Doctor.

I cried tears of mixed emotion.

Mainly sadness, I bet.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:34 pm

My own entertainment list right now includes many things, but two of them are House of Cards, Supernatural, House (I need to wrap up some episodes I have not seen), Cowboy Bebop and Attack on Titan.

That's the English-language stuff and the anime. The rest is a bunch of Indian things.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:My own entertainment list right now includes many things, but two of them are House of Cards, Supernatural, House (I need to wrap up some episodes I have not seen), Cowboy Bebop and Attack on Titan.

That's the English-language stuff and the anime. The rest is a bunch of Indian things.

Can't you just get an iPod, go into the streets, and drop some LSD to get the Indian stuff?
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17308
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Though there is one FMA thing I wanted to ask NEI.

NEI, what's your favourite of the FMA theme songs?

The first one.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Harkback Union, New Udonia

Advertisement

Remove ads