NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 8, Closed, Will it Hurt?)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Nat, how is the oneshot progressing?
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 pm

Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Nat, how is the oneshot progressing?

I'll work on it tomorrow.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Nat, how is the oneshot progressing?

I'll work on it tomorrow.

Very well.

Do any of your characters need replies or do you want them in any subplot?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm

A discussion on another site got me wondering what the overarching "theme" of Elfen High would be, if analysed in a literary way.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:A discussion on another site got me wondering what the overarching "theme" of Elfen High would be, if analysed in a literary way.

You should hire someone to plough through all ICs, get them to turn it into a book and find out.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Esternial wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:A discussion on another site got me wondering what the overarching "theme" of Elfen High would be, if analysed in a literary way.

You should hire someone to plough through all ICs, get them to turn it into a book and find out.

I don't need to stand before The Hague again.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:39 pm

"Who can forget when Yahweh spoketh onto the Israelites "Fuck it, we'll do it live!""

"O'Reilly is filled with the spirit of Christianity! First rule? No forgiveness, motherfucker. Like Jesus said, if you cross me, I'll cut a bitch."

Colbert's great.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:"Merde." Richard muttered again. "Alright then. I don't have too much of a choice. I assume we'll be going to wherever Crowley is by way of teleporter?" he sighed. "My name is Richard Michaelson, by the way. Son of Ivy Green and Calliel Michaelson. A human-angel hybrid, first in...a long time. Nobody really told me the specifics." he admitted. "Who would you be?"

Jade might remember Ivy Green as one of the students who had been killed when demons invaded Elfen High all the way back in 2018, when she had been a mere student. Ivy had also had a small crush on John Calhoun back then, when he was less of a dickhead.

TIE/Ves.

A response of sorts to this would actually be very, very nice.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm

I need a recap of what's happening.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Hedonism?
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:I need a recap of what's happening.

Henry the British demon, Hilde, Hilde's bitch/Con's character whose name I cannot recollect yet, Fen, Emi and Divia are on a magical train to Heavensgate.

In Heavensgate, Daniel Andreas (Norv's badass priest character) and Zoryana (a Ukrainian sorcerer chick) are exploring the city and will later be going to a pub.

In Leicester, Jade, Lana and Scotty Calhoun have found Richard Michaelson.

In Paisley, Crowley will soon be performing surgery on Calliel and Aziraphale and he didn't bother washing his hands.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:48 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:

Hedonism?

Well, no. That's a motif and a recurring element (mostly as a joke), but the real theme would likely be somewhere along the lines of "free will vs lack of it" or "innocence vs cynicism" or something.

Probably something.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:I need a recap of what's happening.

Henry the British demon, Hilde, Hilde's bitch/Con's character whose name I cannot recollect yet, Fen, Emi and Divia are on a magical train to Heavensgate.

In Heavensgate, Daniel Andreas (Norv's badass priest character) and Zoryana (a Ukrainian sorcerer chick) are exploring the city and will later be going to a pub.

In Leicester, Jade, Lana and Scotty Calhoun have found Richard Michaelson.

In Paisley, Crowley will soon be performing surgery on Calliel and Aziraphale and he didn't bother washing his hands.

Cool shit.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Vesperis
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:TIE/Ves.

A response of sorts to this would actually be very, very nice.

I'm not entirely what to say here, I'm still waiting on TIE, really
Hi I'm Ves and I'm always a slut for Aona roleplays

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Female
I live in a hovel in P2TM and I don't leave
I RP girls because no one else will
Pacific Standard Time UTC - 8
Have an RP you think I'd like? TG me

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I'll work on it tomorrow.

Very well.

D.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Vesperis wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:A response of sorts to this would actually be very, very nice.

I'm not entirely what to say here, I'm still waiting on TIE, really

You can inquire as to an angel-human hybrid or perhaps your character may have remembered hearing the parent names in a history book somewhere but not know what they are exactly, or even ask why the hell Richard swears in French.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Very well.

D.

Link me.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:15 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Hedonism?

Well, no. That's a motif and a recurring element (mostly as a joke), but the real theme would likely be somewhere along the lines of "free will vs lack of it" or "innocence vs cynicism" or something.

Probably something.

An argument for free will.

The Crowleys and Damiens, they overshadow everyone else who would use free will correctly; they make you think that it needs to be limited, and maybe it does. Then you have Heaven, which is exactly that - it's an idyllic wonderland, because free will has been removed. Look at Hell; it's free will gone rampant, and it's a complete shithole.

Except not. As we now know quite well, by stripping away free will, Heaven has been destroyed. The angels suffer all their lives without knowing anything is wrong, humans are enslaved and beaten, the world is intellectually sterile. There is nothing but the unending propagation of Uriel's will, because his is the only will.

And Hell is not a shithole because of free will - it went, appropriately enough, to Hell because "visionaries" like Lucifer and Azazel (themselves similar to Uriel) tried to sculpt it in their image. They tried to destroy a world of beauty, a world of freedom, to make their world, their will. No free will but their own - and so the demons suffered. Sanchez, under the mask of liberation, he continues this trend. You can't bring happiness by replacing one will with another - only free will can do that.

Then there's Loki, the agent of pure chaos, free will incarnate. He's a dick, right? He tried to destroy the school. But as time goes on, we see that, though he isn't always perfect, he is, at heart, a good guy. He is evil sometimes, but most of the time, he is neutral - or even good. And neutral chaos is always better than benign order.

You have the Fae - the Fae aren't really characters, they're symbols. They're decay, entropy - they want to destroy everything. Anyone who is associated with the Fae is evil. When we first met Loki, he was a Fae agent - free will is evil. But as time goes on, we've come to see it's more complex than that. And, ultimately, though Uriel has fought against them, the two have become more and more conflated as their plot threads intertwined. No matter how much order struggles, if it goes too far, it will collapse into chaos; not free will, not the free exchange of ideas and emotions, but complete and utter madness. Free will isn't anarchy, it's utilitarianism through the natural desire to improve.

Now we look back at the destructive forces of Damien and Crowley. Damien is a reckless agent of destruction - he starts as an indicator of free will's negatives, but then he joins the Fae, and is revealed as entropy. He ends up destroying himself, as those who abuse free will and turn into a corrosive element are bound to do. Crowley, hedonist though he is, flawed he may be, but he wants to help, and he does. He may be imperfect, but he is ultimately a force of good.

Lewis Jameson began as an agent of entropy - he did nothing but cause wanton destruction. But when he saw what he caused, he turned his back on his past. He improved. Free will can cause damage, but it will always fix itself. When he saw his mistakes, Lewis became constructive - he built a family and saved the world.

Order, or at least not totalitarianism, is not the answer to the world's ills; even if it does work for a little bit, it will either destroy the world's value with its vice, or collapse into fire and insanity. The only answer is the slow, hard path - the path of the world fixing itself. The path of free will. It doesn't always look pretty, but it is ultimately the purest and only choice.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:D.

Link me.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Crowley sighed. "I need you for that, as a matter of fact." he explained. "Human blood, D. Fresh human blood. I need that stuff. But it needs to be very carefully mixed with that of angel blood. Now, I could find and use Richard, but Calliel has strictly told me he wants his son out of trouble and pain. But...there's your sister. She has Lilith inside her." Now Crowley's voice was a whisper. "Your mother is outside, the door is sealed. But one of the few ways I can save these kids is if I can get someone who has that sort of angel-human mix. Rosalind is one. Richard is another. And I would wish there was a third, but there unfortunately isn't. There will be some consequences though. The angel side of the donater's persona would grow stronger...but the android bugs would grow much weaker."

There was a long pause.

"Aleister," D said, "you will not touch my sister. Do you understand me? Because you may be a god amongst men, but you know better than any other that no god is immortal."

D licked his lips. There were four solutions to this; Rosalind could not be risked, and even if she could, D had no idea where she was. The angel could be left to die, but Crowley would never allow that - the stubborn ass had long since taken a liking to the angel, and would never let it die. Even if he did, what that could do to Crowley made D shutter. The third solution was unthinkable, far too risky to even contemplate.

That only left one.

"You have to use Richard," D resolved, "Even if I wanted to risk Rosalind, I can't find her and you know she can't be found when she doesn't want to be. Not by any but you, and you can't leave right now. I'm sorry, but Richard is the only way."
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:17 pm

You should be a literary professor, Nat. That was some excellent analysis of bullshit, which is really what the whole point of a literary professor is.

I'm tempted to put a link to it in the OP.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You should be a literary professor, Nat. That was some excellent analysis of bullshit, which is really what the whole point of a literary professor is.

I turned Salman Rushdie's Haroun and the Sea of Stories - a children's story about the Indian equivalent of Oz, bear in mind - into an allegory about the creative process.

For fun.

I'm a strange person.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You should be a literary professor, Nat. That was some excellent analysis of bullshit, which is really what the whole point of a literary professor is.

I turned Salman Rushdie's Haroun and the Sea of Stories - a children's story about the Indian equivalent of Oz, bear in mind - into an allegory about the creative process.

For fun.

I'm a strange person.

I did that stuff on occasion at your age (you're either 16 or 17 and I can't recall) when I had free time. Sadly, I didn't have too much and most of it remained in my head rather than being written down.

Not typed. I wouldn't have touched a typewriter unless I had to.

Fuck typewriters.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I turned Salman Rushdie's Haroun and the Sea of Stories - a children's story about the Indian equivalent of Oz, bear in mind - into an allegory about the creative process.

For fun.

I'm a strange person.

I did that stuff on occasion at your age (you're either 16 or 17 and I can't recall) when I had free time. Sadly, I didn't have too much and most of it remained in my head rather than being written down.

Fuck typewriters.

I don't write things down unless I actually plan to do something with it.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I did that stuff on occasion at your age (you're either 16 or 17 and I can't recall) when I had free time. Sadly, I didn't have too much and most of it remained in my head rather than being written down.

Fuck typewriters.

Plan?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:16.

Plan?

(hisses)

Goodbye.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse