NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect: Relinquish (OOC/New Players Always Welcome)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Confederated Southern States
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Mass Effect: Relinquish (OOC/New Players Always Welcome)

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:52 am

I'm waking up; I feel it in my bones.
Enough to make my systems blow.
Welcome to the new age, to the new age.
Welcome to the new age, to the new age. - Imagine Dragons, Radioactive

Communist Androids wrote:Man, Rolfe gets all the cool people.

IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=258755&p=16255645

Council Game OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=260504

Council Game IC:

TVTropes, for teh lulz! http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/R ... Relinquish

From humble beginnings: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=256312
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=256403

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I shall introduce myself. I am Confederated Southern States, a somewhat famous (more like infamous) roleplayer around these parts; also known as Quackjack in other corners of the internet. You may or may not know me, but regardless this is my brainchild. After watching multiple Mass Effect roleplays attempt to launch and subsequently fail, I decided to try it myself. Unlike the others, I believe my RP has found an audience. Now, if you're new to this series, I shall leave a brief summary. (Note: If you're not familiar with the Mass Effect series of video games, here is its encyclopedia: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki)

In the year 2186, the great Commander Shepard destroyed the Reapers, the ancient race of sentient machines that threatened all life in the galaxy. However, such a victory did not come without a great cost; most synthetic life was wiped out, the Mass Relays were heavily damaged and the galaxy's militaries were in ruin. The Council lacked the resources to do much beyond protecting their own spaces.

Thirty years have passed since then, and the date is now 2216. Their eyes not on the Terminus Systems, the Council has almost ignored the rapidly expanding Blue Suns, Eclipse and Blood Pack mercenaries. Under the iron fist of the legendary mercenary Teronus, these Merc Bands have united to form an empire rivaling the size of the Alliance. Being a mercenary is an easy job when you're starving, no? Taking advantage of their new-found power, the Merc Bands invaded the system of Hoc, assuming direct control of the booming colony of Virmire. The Council can not afford a full-scale war with Teronus, so only small squadrons have been deployed in Terminus space.

While this goes on, most people are simply trying to survive, especially in places such as the Attican Traverse and the Terminus Systems. Each species is trying to cover its own hide and deal with the problems springing up in the galaxy. Becoming a mercenary is more popular than ever, and freelancers are as common as military soldiers.

So, for the most part, this RP is a sandbox. Your character(s), outside of basic plot points, may do as they please and interact with whatever other players you desire. Now, time for some stuff y'all should take account of.

Humans, hailing from the planet of Earth, have quickly become one of, if not the most important species in the galaxy. After Commander Shepard (a Human) exterminated the Reaper threat, the Citadel, capital of the galaxy, was trapped in orbit above Earth. Due to this, Humanity (along with the Turians) have basically become the galaxy's police. While Humans are doing their best dealing with the mercenary problem, the Systems Alliance is too busy rebuilding their former bulk to effectively deal with the problem.

The Turian people, who come from Palavan, retain their position as the "meat" of the Council, sharing this duty with Humanity. A highly militaristic race, they are the ones most observant of Teronus' expansion.

Asari, whose homeworld is Thessia, have kept their status as mediators and politicians, despite some controversy of hidden Prothean technology. While the Humans and Turians their best patrolling Council space, the Asari are working with the Volus to jump start the galactic economy.

The Salarians evolved on the garden world of Sur'Kesh, and are known as the scientists of the galaxy. The Salarians are the most logical of species, and have mostly been on the down-low since the Reaper War.

Since the Reaper War, the Krogan, have been rebuilding and populating peacefully on their homeworld of Tuchanka, and to their former colonies, with the Council's blessings.

During the Reaper War, Commander Shepard brokered a peace between these two species, both returning to their homeworld of Rannoch. Thirty years later, the two species live in harmony, the Geth's population being reduced to the size of the Quarian's due to Shepard destroying most synthetic life in the galaxy. Quarians no longer require their suits (most still wear them anyways) and Geth are each an individual A.I.

The Batarians are a complete fucking mess, their government long dissolved. Kar'shan, their homeworld, is basically a free for all.

United under the ruthless and efficient Teronus Nerro, The Blue Suns, Eclipse and Blood Pack have expanded to a size rivaling that of the Council races. His ambitions set on the Attican Traverse currently, Teronus firmly has nearly the entire Terminus Band under his thumb.

Attempts to revive Cerberus have been divided. Those who wish to protect humanity more peacefully call themselves Neo-Cerberus, while the more racist, violent reformists call themselves Hades' Dogs. Neo Cerberus are considered maverick vigilantes, but Hades' Dogs are straight up xenophobic terrorists.

The rest of the galaxy (Rachni, Elcor, Hanar, Drell, ect.) are in roughly the same positions as before the Reaper War. The Raloi remain in contact with the Council, and are trying to integrate with the rest of the galaxy. The Yahg, well no one knows about them...

Now, for the rules. Read them, learn them, love them.

1. No Godmodding!!! If you aren't sure about something, ask me or my Co-OPs, lest we will come down on you like the fist of Dredd. I despise godmodding. First offense results in a stern warning, the second in a one day ban, the third in a week ban, the fourth in a perma-ban.

2. Please, be original with your apps. If I wanted to see your Shepard rip-off, I'd just pick up a copy of ME3. I reserve all rights to reject your app if I feel it's a Mary Sue. Speaking of which, NO MARY SUES. AT ALL. NO EXCEPTIONS.

3. Don't spam the IC. Try to make your posts actually move things forward, and try to make them, if nothing else, two or three lines.

4. Try to keep OOC stuff in the OOC, I don't care what happens on the OOC generally, but I like my ICs all nice and presentable.

5. Fill out an app before playing! I will accept if you do it right and I feel like you're capable.

6. Have fun! It's a game, don't be so serious! Well, be serious in character.

7. I place no character limit, but only have as many characters as you feel you can handle. If I feel you're overburdened, I will speak up.

8. Me and other mods will advance the plot when needed. Remember, the main plot trumps everything. For the most part, however, I offer a lot of free reign.

9. I am a hard OP, but a fair one, stay on my good side and good times will be had by all.

10. NO METAGAMING! You may know certain plot points, but your fictional character doesn't. Try to think like your character.

11. You may roleplay NPCs, no need to app them; just don't abuse them for your own whims unless they're underlings or something.

12. Disobeying these rules may result in a ban of varying length. The Co-OPs words are second only to mine, and mine are only second to the forum moderators.

13. FIVE SENTENCES A POST, MINIMUM.

The app! Fill it out, fill it good, fill it like I knew you would just fill it! As a rule of thumb, if your character is more powerful than a Specter I will not accept him/her/it.

The Character
Characters are pretty important. They’re the writer’s personal playthings, allowing a whole variety of roads to walk down. Romance, glory, certain death, etc.

Your character determined by its opinions, which you have to define. While you create a character, you’ll invest time into carving out a whole three-dimensional sculpture from an otherwise bland marble block.

Who is your character? What does he/she look like? Where does he/she come from? Things like origin greatly determine a person’s characters. Here are a few things you might want to keep in mind:

Detail. Be specific and don’t be afraid to elaborate. Tiny details like your character’s view on the world, his personal ideals, quality of life and even his favourite food; all add detail and colour to your character and make him or her more human-like and less bland. Don’t be afraid to use symbolism here either. For example, a grey and sick king sitting on the throne of a corrupt and dying kingdom.

Character. Both behaviour and speech determine this aspect. The way he talks (rather shy, composed, very bold, etc.) and the way he acts towards other people depending on their own origins. A poor peasant possible lacks the vocabulary of a Lord.

Motivation. As mentioned in “The Plot”, each character has a personal agenda, with his own motivation for his actions. It’s unique to him, and one should especially remember that it is subjected to change from events that take part during the story. Perhaps a bold and daring man suddenly turns humble when he meets the love of his life? Some factors carry a heavier influence than others, but the influence is still there.
A few questions you might ask yourself about your character are:

What is his/her origin/background? (Ethnic background, social class, parents’ occupation, civil status, intelligence/education, etc.)
What does he look like? (Appearance, but also health and possible disabilities)
What does he do? (Skills, occupation, hobbies, etc.)
What are his values and beliefs? (Religion, politics, views on life/death, etc.)
What are his personal qualities and preferences? (Taste in …, sexual orientation, sense of humour, ambitions, fears/anxieties, etc.)
Are there any important events that define him? (both positive and negative)

Note: Avoid stereotypes and clichés, unless they fit into the situation or RP. Try giving a female character some decent clothes for a change, instead of pencil skirts or school girl outfits. With this I mean that you should give you characters the clothes that fit their personality, some actually do fit pencil skirts, but would they wear them themselves in reality?

Code: Select all
Nickname/Codename/Alias:
Species (No hybrids):
Allegiance (Alliance, Neo Cerberus, STG, Specters, Blue Suns, Independent, ect.):
Appearance (In and out of armor, pictures or paragraph):
Personality:
Personal History:
Powers, Weapons, Armor (Be reasonable):
Ship Details (If applicable):
Weaknesses (REQUIRED):
Any additional information we should know:
RP sample (If this is your first, let us know):
Did you thoroughly read the original post?:

Accepted characters:
James Clark
Varian Mortius
Kyri'Rael vas Kail
Mei Zhao (Athena)
Teronus Nerro
Captain Hashim Assad

Edwin von Braun (Doc)
Captain Johnathan Nelson

Rolfe Deloray
Toreg
Grore
Rakil Talyeem
Cerridelephor
Ravanor Garz
Logan Bishop

Randall Edison (Berg)
Likolo Tor Shuul (Blizzard)
Vasya'Tok vas Dontz
Rael'Reegar vas Serenity
Sgt. AJ Maxwell (Eagle-One)
Ayrx (Trojan)
Seleu'Zorasthras vas Trucylius
Commodore Sicinia Vica

Kiara Selura
Carolus (Black Phoenix)
Krahnos (Tweety)
Jacob Grayson
Yuri Kadrovski
Leonidas Grant

My Co-OPs: Old Vester, Cryptonius.

I think that about does it folks! Let the games begin.
Last edited by Confederated Southern States on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Leftish-Libertarianish something.
Pro: Gun rights, gay rights, Atheism, moderate positions, Pittsburgh Steelers, hard rock/metal.
Anti: Homophobia/racism, intrusive gun control, most radical positions, extreme capitalism/communism/anything, Baltimore Ravens.
I have an RP set 30 years after the Destroy ending. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=260750
http://godisimaginary.com/
http://www.assaultweapon.info/
The Serbian Empire wrote:
Confederated Southern States wrote:NSG is slowly becoming /b/

It's /b/ with a monocle trying hard to look like a million dollar trooper.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 am

Reserved for my apps.

Nickname/Codename/Alias: Lemon (He has a reputation for snark and sourness)
Species (No hybrids): Human
Allegiance (Alliance, Neo Cerberus, STG, Specters, Blue Suns, Independent, ect.): Formerly Cerberus, now Rolfe's crew.
Appearance (In and out of armor, pictures or paragraph): http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lil0jjLmTh1qecfy1.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdt2w ... 1_1280.jpg
Personality: James is usually the quietest among his group, letting Varian and Kyri do most of the talking. When he does talk, it's usually either professional or sarcasm. Despite this, James clings to a vigilante ideal, helping innocents whenever he can, especially his fellow Humans.
Personal History: Let him tell you: viewtopic.php?p=16200706#p16200706
Powers, Weapons, Armor (Be reasonable): Cerberus Ajax Armor, grenades, Cerberus Harrier, M-11 Eviscerator
Ship Details (If applicable): The Kail Ragtag
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): His armor is not protective against biotics, and his weapons have small clips.
Any additional information we should know: Nope
RP sample (If this is your first, let us know): lul

Nickname/Codename/Alias: The Iron Turian
Species (No hybrids): Turian
Allegiance (Alliance, Neo Cerberus, STG, Specters, Blue Suns, Independent, ect.): Rolfe's Crew, Freelancer
Appearance (In and out of armor, pictures or paragraph): Varian utilizes black and red Colossus armor, complete with a helmet. His body color is a brownish green, and his facial markings are the Union Jack on the top half and his home nation's on the bottom (Atorus). It flows well, believe me. Oh, and the left half of his face is artificially repaired.
Personality: Varian is an old soldier, one who cares about getting the job done quick and efficiently. Being stranded in England aloud him to become more personally driven, rather than the old Turian way of near communism. One thing everyone notices about Varian is his indomitable will to live. Varian is rather raunchy though, having little manners and he holds nothing sacred. Deep down, he is rather selfless, but he is unliked by many due to his snarking and immature nature. Either you love him or hate him.
Personal History: Varian was born on Palavan, and like all Turians boys he enlisted at the age of 15. The one thing his instructors noted was his unusual will to live. This is not to say he was selfish, but he did everything in his power to survive. When the Reaper War happened, Varian's proficiency in combat enabled him to escape Palavan and join the N7 squads that went on missions throughout the galaxy. After the war ended, he was stranded in London when the relays blew, forcing him to live in England for quite a while. During this time, he become a notorious mercenary. When he got back home, Varian found out that his entire family had been killed and he was honorably discharged from the military. Deciding to continue his mercenary work, he eventually was hired by Rolfe. He's done a lot of crazy shit, believe me.
Powers, Weapons, Armor (Be reasonable): He uses a Phaeston assault rifle and a Krysae sniper rifle, along with grenades.
Ship Details (If applicable): Kail Ragtag
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): He is rather slow and not as agile as a Human or an Asari. Large and physically strong, but big target.
Any additional information we should know: My most powerful character, he has over thirty years of experience. Oh, and he likes to tell interesting stories.
RP sample (If this is your first, let us know): HUE HUE HUE

Nickname/Codename/Alias: Just call her Kyri.
Species (No hybrids): Quarian
Allegiance (Alliance, Neo Cerberus, STG, Specters, Blue Suns, Independent, ect.): Rolfe's Crew
Appearance (In and out of armor, pictures or paragraph): Kyri wears a black and green environmental suit that doubles as body armor. Most of the tubing is covered with green cloth or black armor plating. Oh, and she probably needs a haircut, but she can get away with it.
Personality: Unlike many of the others aboard the Ragtag, Kyri is generally extroverted and positive-minded. She is usually the one to raise everyone's spirits, though she can be quite raunchy (she picked it up from you know who). She also is very curious and likes to build and tinker with things, and almost always is asking the most questions. Oh, and she has a slight alcohol problem.
Personal History: Among the first Quarians to be born on Rannoch in centuries, Kyri always liked to explore and try new things. Often times she would get herself into dangerous situations, but she didn't really care. When she came of age, she decided to take the now purely optional pilgrimage simply to see other parts of the galaxy. Too bad she almost got herself killed. Guess who saved her ass from Batarian gangsters on Omega? That's right, Varian. In repayment (and to quench her thirst for adventure) she joined the Ragtag.
Powers, Weapons, Armor (Be reasonable): Black Widow, M-8 Avenger, Sticky Grenades, Invisibility Cloak.
Ship Details (If applicable): The Ragtag.
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): She's not as strong as James or Varian, and is rather lightly built compared to most species. She is only 5'3", so that should give you some clue. Can easily disable tech enemies, but rather helpless against biotics.
Any additional information we should know: The only person that talks as much as her is Varian.
RP sample (If this is your first, let us know): Kiss my shiny metal ass!

Nickname/Codename: Athena
Allegiance: Neo-Cerberus
Appearance (In and out of armor): She's middle aged Chinese woman with no particular features. Really, just use your imaginations here :P
Personality: Mei is a stern yet compassionate leader to her men, and rarely sends her troops to do dangerous work without calculating the risks. However, she cracks down hard on traitors and rule breakers, and if you're talking to her face to face either she's pleased or pissed.
History: Mei joined Cerberus in 2171, after resigning from the Alliance due to her displeasure of it's style of operations. She quickly rose through the ranks of Cerberus, becoming leader of its Special Response Team that was in charge of responding to threats on Human colonies. James was a part of this team from 2176-2186. After being betrayed by the Illusive Man during the Reaper War, she and her squad were forced into cryogenic stasis. The entire team sans James were thawed out only a year later. The next twenty eight years of her life are mostly a secret, but two years ago she founded Neo-Cerberus, an attempt to appease her vision of an organization to help humanity not bound by politics while redeeming Cerberus' past sins. They are currently disavowing Hades' Dogs, the far more radical and racist group.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: She doesn't need guns, she has a (small) army.
Ship Details (If applicable): The Neo-Cerberus fleet, which is about a fifth the size of the original Cerberus fleet.
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): She rarely shows up in person, for her own safety.
Any additional information: James' old Captain.
RP sample (If this is your first, say so): HUE HUE HUE

Nickname/Codename: The Scourge
Allegiance: Blue Suns/Eclipse/Blood Pack
Appearance (In and out of armor):

Personality: Teronus has a very cold personality; he has no drive to make friends, and he is incredibly selfish. All his goals and operations are for his benefit, and his strong charisma is able to persuade people into working for him. If someone benefits from working for him, it's simply a coincidence. He is a very good liar, and you most likely won't know he's going to backstab you until it's too late.
History: Teronus was born on Palavan, like most Turians, and also joined the Military when he turned 15. He was, much like Varian, at the top of his class, and by the time the First Contact War broke out he was leading his own unit at the age of 18. He ruthlessly fought against Humanity, unlike the others who simply were doing their jobs. This is because Teronus was raised by an abusive father and had no mother, and as such was taught being ruthless was the only was to survive. After the war he continued to serve in the Turian military, becoming infamous for his brutality and hardship. Eventually, when the Reaper Wars broke out, he was already a Colonel and stayed on Palavan until the attack on Earth. There, like the other alien survivors, he was stranded. Knowing he wouldn't get back home for years, he too became a mercenary, doing whatever was needed to get paid. When the Charon Relay was eventually fixed, he decided to establish himself in the Terminus system. For thirty years he exterminated the competition and manuevered his way to seize control of the Blue Suns mercenary band, setting up deals and bribes to also have his hand in the Eclipse and Blood Pack. His true goals are unknown.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: He has top of the line black/silver/white armor when needed, and he uses an M-99 Saber and a Revenant Machine Gun. He is also a biotic, so watch out >:D
Ship Details (If applicable): The whole damn Merc fleet.
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): As he is in older age, he is not as physically strong as he once was. If you are able to see through his bullshit, his words hold no meaning. Often has others do his dirty work for him.
Any additional information: He's a mean one, Mr. Nerro. He's as mean, as mean, can beeeee!
RP sample (If this is your first, say so): HUE HUE HUE

Nickname/Codename: N/A
Allegiance: Virmire Resistance
Appearance (In and out of armor):

Personality: I'll show it IC
History: I'll drop bits and pieces of it...
Powers, Weapons, Armor: Woodland Camo Serrice Council armor, N7 Valkyrie.
Ship Details (If applicable): N/A
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): He does not have access to the best men or equipment.
Any additional information: Nope
RP sample (If this is your first, say so): LOL
Last edited by Confederated Southern States on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pro: Gun rights, gay rights, Atheism, moderate positions, Pittsburgh Steelers, hard rock/metal.
Anti: Homophobia/racism, intrusive gun control, most radical positions, extreme capitalism/communism/anything, Baltimore Ravens.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:03 am

1st Character App:

Nickname: Doc
Species: Human
Allegiance: Alliance
Appearance: Caucasian of German descent, tall and thin with blonde hair and blue eyes, usually dresses in an Alliance officer uniform or a lab coat (like Dr. Chakwas').
Personality: Intelligent, reserved, terse, but maintains a good bedside manner, and is capable of being a good leader, when the situation calls for it.
History: Von Braun was born on Terra Nova a few years before the Reaper invasion began. His father, an Alliance Marine, fought in the Reaper Wars, and started training him in the ways of warfare from a young age. He proved to be a talented tactician and strategist (and an excellent shot) and planned on enlisting as an Alliance infantry officer after college. It wasn't until college that he discovered he had a talent for Medicine and changed his plans from becoming an infantry officer, to becoming a medical officer. After graduating from Medical School and completing Alliance officer training, he was made the Chief Medical Officer onboard a small frigate, where his exceptional medical skill was soon noticed. He quickly rose up through the ranks, and after a few short years, he found himself the Chief Medical Officer and Second-in-Command of one the most advanced Cruisers in the Alliance Navy.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: M-99 Saber, M-3 Predator, Medical Omni-Tool, Standard issue medium Alliance armor
Ship Details: Heavy Cruiser SSV Dallas, Crew Number: 200, Ship Armament: Multiple Mass Accelerator Cannons, GARDIAN batteries, and Disruptor torpedo tubes. Other Notable Ship Features: Cyclonic Barrier Technology, also has the standard number of Alliance shuttles, one Hammerhead tank, standard Kinetic Barriers, and 1 fighter squadron. In addition to the standard crew complement and VI, the ship has onboard a Quarian engineer on his pilgrimage, and a small squad of N7 marines.
Weaknesses: Doc is by no means a super-soldier. On the battlefield, his tactical knowledge and medical abilities are far more valuable than his combat skills. He is a good shot, and at medium to long range he can be quite deadly with his M-99 Saber, but against all but the weakest enemies, short range or melee combat is little better than a death sentence.
Any additional information: Not that I can think of.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=256403

2nd Character App:

Nickname/Codename: The Captain
Appearance (In and out of armor): Normal build and height, brown eyes and black hair, which is visibly starting to turn grey, always wears an Alliance officer uniform
Personality: Upright and strict, but friendly, and cares deeply for the people under his command
History: Nelson was a junior officer onboard an Alliance frigate during the Reaper Wars, and fought alongside other ships of the Alliance Fifth Fleet during the Battle for Earth. He spent much of the last 30 years assisting rebuilding projects and patrolling systems, but has seen little action since the end of the War. Still, he always performed his duties well, and in the action he had seen, he proved to be an excellent strategist. The Alliance brass soon came to see him as a very competent officer, and when construction was completed on the SSV Dallas, he was chosen to be her commanding officer.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: M-6 Carnifex (only worn when the crew is at Battle Stations)
Ship Details (If applicable): SSV Dallas
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): No personal combat ability whatsoever, tends to be too trusting, often puts the welfare of his crew above the success of the mission.
Any additional information: Don't think so
RP sample (If this is your first, say so): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=254281

3rd Character App:

Nickname/Codename: Triarius 1
Appearance (In and out of armor): Tall with an otherwise normal build, brown eyes, and red hair.
Personality: Cold, rational, calculating, and pragmatic, but maintains a strict personal moral code.
History: A recent graduate of the Alliance officer training program, Bauer is the youngest officer on the Dallas. Though he has no actual combat experience, he showed himself to be a talented officer candidate, and received high combat scores during training. He was assigned to the Dallas as Chief of Security (upon the former Chief's retirement) almost immediately after graduating.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: Standard-issue Alliance medium armor, M-8 Avenger, M-6 Carnifex
Ship Details (If applicable): SSV Dallas
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): Inexperienced, his "mission first" policy and cold demeanor do little to inspire the men serving under him (though that may change, should they learn he'd sacrifice himself to save anyone serving under him without hesitation).
Any additional information: Don't think so
RP sample (If this is your first, say so): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=254281
Last edited by Brusia on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:05 am

Nickname/Codename/Alias: Rolfe
Allegiance: Independent
Appearance: In-armor: His armor is of the same appearance of Predator VIII armor.
Out-of-armor: Light build, bright green eyes, and rather subtle, angular features. Muted black hair reaching just above his shoulders that Rolfe only rarely grooms properly.
Personality: On the surface, Rolfe appears to be a well-adjusted individual. He is courteous to those around him, quite sociable, and generally quite kind. However, beneath the surface Rolfe is driven by his desire for subtle thrills, often acquired by causing suffering in those he is not familiar with. Though he appreciates the profit he turns from selling illicit substances, he enjoys the idea of his drugs eventually causing decay in their users. Lying, some theft, and general dishonesty give him a similar sensation of thrill, though not as strong.
Personal History: Rolfe was born to a large family in one of the many colonies of New Canton. Old enough to be assumed responsible on his own, and young enough to not be expected to take care of his younger siblings, Rolfe was often left to his own devices as a child. In this time, he found enjoyment in three things: petty theft, lying, and tinkering with broken devices that he took from dumpsters. As soon as he could, Rolfe bought a ticket and headed to Illium, hoping to find work at a shop specializing in small appliances. He was eventually employed by a fair, though ornery turian, and worked at his shop for several years. Over these years, he would sometimes slightly modify certain items so that they might break down in a heated gunfight, or even overheat to the point of combustion while in the user's hands. These modifications were just infrequent enough that the connection between those flawed products and Rolfe was not made.

After years of working at the shop though, Rolfe told his employer that he was done there, and promptly left. He had been approached by a human calling himself Alfred offering to supply him with drugs in exchange for a substantial cut of the profits. Rolfe might not have accepted the offer as it was, but the deal also included a (painfully outdated) Alliance frigate which Alfred claimed that he would be able to acquire from certain sources. The only condition was that Rolfe pay for a third of the ship. With money that he had inadvertently been saving, Rolfe was able to pay this sum, and has been selling various illegal substances for several years now. Rolfe currently has hopes to begin buying supplies independently, but has so far been unable to as a result of Alfred demanding compensation for his services.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: Rolfe is an infiltrator making use of a M-92 Mantis, and a M-6 Carnifex. He will generally use Predator VIII armor in combat.
Ship Details: Rolfe is the captain of a ship called the Kail Ragtag, which he uses to transport drugs. The ship itself is an outdated Alliance frigate, but is modified to the point of being nearly unrecognizable as an Alliance vessel.

The ship's crew includes five humans, two salarians, and one asari doing a variety of relatively small, but necessary jobs around the ship, two turians and one salarian who mainly work in engineering, a batarian pilot called Rakil, whom also serves as a back-up gunman as well as Rolfe's closest confidant, and Rolfe himself.
Weaknesses: Extremely poor in combat on his own, necessitating the hiring of mercenaries for protection.
Any additional information we should know: None
RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=244199

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 am

I'm half tempted to reject Rolfe, just to be a prick.

Accepted.

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 am

Nickname/Codename/Alias: None
Species: Krogan
Allegiance: Rolfe's crew
Appearance: In-armor: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100209105913/masseffect/images/f/fe/Heavy-krogan-Titan.png
Out-of-armor: Toreg is a relatively small krogan, standing at about 6'1, and weighing in at only about 1800 pounds including his natural armor. The same armor is in very good condition relative to other krogan, with only a few scars earned in combat. His irises have a light blue pigment. His head crest is of a rounded pentagonal shape, and is a rusty orange color.
Personality: Toreg does not at all behave like a krogan should at his age. He is extremely slow to understand all but the most basic of concepts and commands. His level of naivete is about the same as an average human child, and he has trouble grasping the idea of being lied to. All but the most ludicrous of concepts are completely feasible in his mind, making him fairly optimistic, but also easy prey for those who would take advantage of him.
Personal History: Toreg was one of the rare krogan to be born during the genophage years. His mother laid a clutch of about one hundred eggs over several months, and he was the only one of them to hatch. At the time, his hatching was considered to be something of a miracle among the group of females that he was born into. Unfortunately, word of his birth spread to more of the wrong people than the right people. A pirate group caught wind of the rare young krogan around the time that Toreg was fifteen, an age that a krogan would still naturally be mentally pliable. The leader of this particular group was an asari called Thelon with a pipe dream of raising a krogan as her own, and she jumped on the chance to make this aspiration a reality. The female camp was raided by the pirates, but were met with very little resistance. In the raid, no one was killed, and the only one who was at all injured was Toreg's mother after she, at the last minute, attempted to keep her son from being taken away. In the end though, Toreg was kidnapped and taken from Tuchanka.

At first, Toreg was absolutely terrified while aboard the cruiser that would become his home for the next forty or so years. Though still physically lacking in development at this point in his life, he managed to tear up the room he was kept in with little effort. Despite his initial fear though, he was able warm to the asari matron who would become something of a surrogate mother to him after only a few months. Soon after, he was allowed to wander the ship freely. Thelon would not allow him to be trained in proper combat until she deemed him ready, so he spent much of his time simply mingling with the other pirates on the ship when they were not away on jobs. It was at this time that his naivete should have been becoming less and less apparent, but Toreg only continued to believe many of the things that any of the pirates might have told him. Thelon had thought that by the time Toreg was physically ready for weapons and armor training, he would also be mentally ready as well, yet by the time the young krogan was twenty seven, he remained trusting and easily tricked.

Despite his clearly underdeveloped mental state, Thelon decided to go ahead and officially make Toreg a part of her crew by personally training him. This process was a slow one, and took several long years to complete. Even with the training though, Toreg was still heavily reliant on direction from Thelon, and only really understood the bare minimum of how to properly defend himself using a gun. Still, he was deemed battle-ready at the age of thirty one, and from then on was frequently taken out on raids. However, instead of raising his level of independence, these missions only made him more reliant on Thelon for direction. She gave him orders so often that he might have simple stood and done nothing during combat if she was not there.

Around the time Toreg was 55, Thelon decided that it would be best to take him raiding a facility on the planet Nodacrux. The endeavor went exactly as planned, ending in the death and injury of the majority of the facility's population, but the real problem came when the transport shuttle attempting to get off of the planet. The shuttle was caught in a particularly brutal lightning storm, wound up catching on fire, and crashing down back down near the facility. Only two of the five people on board the shuttle died, but this included the pilot, a human, and Thelon who did not die immediately. After a painful few moments of trying to revive the only parent he knew, Toreg turned on his only two living allies and ripped them apart out of grief. For a week after that, one could have heard a krogan wailing like his heart was broken for miles around.

Not too long after the crash though, Rolfe and his crew was hired to look into the recent silence from the research facility. Coming down to the facility, the crashed shuttle quickly became apparent, and Rolfe and a small squad headed down to investigate. They found Toreg milling about the area, and as they approached he asked them meekly to take him away from the planet. Rolfe obliged and returned to the Ragtag with Toreg. He then reported back to his employer that they had found a shuttle that probably held raiders, but no survivors. For a few months, Rolfe simply allowed Toreg to wander the ship. Slowly, the krogan began to forget his grief, and started to speak to the others on the ship. Eventually, Rolfe began to give him a salary, as well as taking Toreg with him while dealing.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: Toreg is fairly hardy mercenary even without his body armor, as is typical to his species. He has training in pretty much every type of weapon, but generally favors shotguns and heavy pistols. Rolfe provides him with an M-11 Wraith as well as armor similar to heavy Titan armor.
Ship Details: See Rolfe's application
Weaknesses: Toreg suffers from defects which hinder his mental development which cause his already slow period of growth from a young krogan to a mature krogan to be even more extended than normal. The lack of exposure to other krogan for most of his life makes these defects' effects even more apparent.
Any additional information we should know: I really like the bio I wrote here.
RP sample: See Rolfe's application

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:29 am

All accepted, of course.

Callumackbar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Callumackbar » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:35 am

No Vorcha, this discrimination needs to stop.

Nicknames/Codenames/Aliases: None.

Allegiance: Freelance Mercenary.

Race: Vorcha.

Appearance (In and out of armour): He always wear his armour. http://gfx.gexe.pl/upl/125/2010/2/27105657.jpg

Personality: Shockingly, Grore is not as... 'Primitive' as your average Vorcha, and is instead quite intelligent. He dislikes his intelligence, treating it as a curse which differentiates him from other Vorcha. He hates how aware it has made him of the Vorcha's plight in the galaxy, and how far they are behind the other species. All these thoughts in a mind which struggles with this knowledge leaves him depressed and he curses his own existence. He hopes to die soon, but unfortunately for him he seems to have out-lived many of his kind. He still has an anger which can cause him to be rash and violent like his fellow Vorcha, but tries to suppress it. His intelligence changed his morals greatly, and while he still kills due to his Mercenary work, he would avoid killing anyone he thinks is a good person.

History: A few years ago he was offered a large sum of credits to be a guinea-pig for a group of Salarian Scientists, not specifying what Grore didn't care. He apparently could be tested on as apparently he 'Was not capable of calculus, but we plan to change that'. The experimentation resulted in Grore's IQ skyrocketing, setting him out of his primitive ways and into a new way of life. Grore's difference now to other Vorcha resulted in him being exiled from his clan when he suggested less violent ways for the Vorcha. He left off world to become a mercenary, earning funds how he could, which he set aside, later he hoped he could use it to fund a something which could somehow help the Vorcha advance, dreaming of the Vorcha uniting like the Krogan (He still pools all his money as somewhere inside he still hangs on to that dream, making quite rich). The further time went on though, the more he struggled with his intelligence. He realised how the public opinion of Vorcha was that they are more like animals and started to truly comprehend just how far behind the Vorcha really were. Slowly the dream of a united Vorcha plagued his mind and caused him to become depressed when he comprehended it was not possible. He now lives every day doing mercenary work, hoping each day will be his last.

Powers, Weapons and Armour: He has an M-76 Revenant called 'Skull' and an Executioner Pistol. Oh, and he might try and rip your eyes out with his claws if he doesn't have a gun.

Ship Details: Doesn't have one.

Weaknesses:
-While seeming calm and collected, if angered he will lose his focus and end up acting like a regular Vorcha.

-His intelligence exceeds that of which a normal Vorcha mind should be able to handle. he gets irregular pains in his head which leave him weak and sometimes unable to fight.

-His craving to fight strong enemies often gets him in danger.

-He has depression. He hides it well, but it affects him greatly while alone.

-He wishes to die. Though his inability to do it himself means he wants to in battle.
Last edited by Callumackbar on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:37 am

Poor Grore. Hey, I offered to let Kyri kill him.

Accepted.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:54 am

Tag, will copy-paste apps soon.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:56 am

Species: Batarian
Appearance: In-armor: Just ignore the face, if you would.

Out-of-armor: He has a fairly monochrome coloration. His complexion is a mixture between a light yellow and teal.
Personality: Rakil would best be described as an ornery sort of batarian. He is almost always blunt and direct with anyone who attempts to speak with him, and generally displays no need or will to speak to others. Though Rolfe tends to be a bit protective of Rakil from any verbal or physical attacks, Rakil has told him off multiple times for this, and prefers to simply not make any response if bothered.
Personal History: Rakil was born on Khar'shan, and raised in a fairly low class family. Because of his class, Rakil became used to being complacent and subservient to others at a young age. He also began working very young age, mainly by running errands and doing various jobs for a butcher shop of sorts. His workplace though was located very near to a space port, and any chance he got, Rakil would steal over to the port to get a better look at the ships. After a while, he was noticed by one of the pilots working at the port at the time, a salarian fellow, and invited to look around one of the ships. Needless to say, he knew what he wanted to do with his life after seeing that salarian's frigate: he wanted to fly space ships. As soon as he could, he got a job working at that space port, and slowly began working his way up.

Around the time he turned 19, the Reapers had already begun their attack on his planet. The moment news reached his family, they got him on a ship to Illium, and ordered him to stay there until the Reapers were dealt with. Though he was reluctant, Rakil did just that. While on Illium he took what work he could, and made some credits. Still, as soon as he could, he dropped the job he had at the time, and got on a ship back to Khar'shan. Sadly, much like most of the population of Khar'shan, his parents were killed by the Reapers. In fact, most of the city he had lived in for most of his life was completely leveled.

Rakil made his way back to Illium from there, but the journey this time seemed to take much longer. Once he was there, he continued the trend of taking up whatever jobs he could. Eventually, he even got his own apartment, and for the longest time, that was where he lived. It was a quiet existence, filled with mostly contemplation, and minimal communication with other people. One night though, while he was drinking at one of the many bars on Illium, a human decided to sit down next to him, and even acknowledged his existence with a brief greeting. Realizing that the human was not completely ignoring him as he so often was, Rakil slowly but surely began pouring out his life's story, and as he did the human just sat and listened intently. Once he was finished though, the human introduced himself as being called Rolfe, and asked Rakil if he wanted to take a position piloting a ship called the Kail Ragtag. Rakil had to pause to take in this information, but ultimately accepted.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: Generally, Rakil neither displays any powers nor does he wield weapons or wear armor. If he is forced into action though, he does have the ability to use simple Engineer-typical powers such Incinerate and Overload, and will make use of a M-9 Tempest.
Ship Details: See Rolfe's application
Weaknesses: Rakil is very quick to push away anyone who attempts to get close to him. He also is not much of a force in combat, mainly as a result of a lack of any will to fight, and can only hold his own in a fight very briefly.
RP sample: See Rolfe's application

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:58 am

Wolfmanne wrote:Tag, will copy-paste apps soon.

So, want to timeskip past the talks or do you wanna continue that?

Rakil accepted.

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Nickname/Codename/Alias: Cerri
Species: Asari
Appearance: In-armor: Just ignore everything that isn't the armor in this picture.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/285/7/f/asari_huntress_infiltrator_by_rome123-d5hlvk3.png
Out-of-armor: Cerri's skin tone is a fairly dark blue that becomes lighter down her scalp crests. Marks that appear like small white rings are present high on the sides of her face and forehead, and create a bridge across her brow that does not quite connect at the middle.
Personality: Cerri is generally looked at as a fairly uptight woman, and this is mainly reflected by her mannerisms and speech. She carries herself with an air of great importance, though she treats those around her fairly. Though she works for a drug dealer, Cerri does feel some amount of moral responsibility and will try to do what she sees as right in most situations, so long as it does not interfere with Rolfe's business. Despite her age, Cerri is also still trying to form a solid identity for herself.
Personal History: From an early age, Cerri knew that she wanted to develop her biotic abilities. To her, being able to move objects and even other people with her mind seemed like the most wondrous thing in the galaxy. She sought training as soon as possible, and after displaying both potential and enthusiasm was recommended for military training, a recommendation that she took full advantage of. Over several years, Cerri was given training with both her biotics as well as a comparably limited arsenal of weapons. For a while, she was just fine serving in Thessia's military as a commando.

Around the time she turned one hundred though, Cerri was bored and miserable with her life. She no longer wanted to be surrounded by almost exclusively members of her own species, as she saw them as mainly being self-absorbed and even egotistical at times. Her interests turned to seeing the rest of the galaxy. As soon as she could, Cerri resigned from Thessia's military, and took a job as a mercenary on a trading ship. Ever since then she has been leaving from old jobs and taking new ones every ten or so years. Most recently, she has come to work for Rolfe on the Kail Ragtag. So far, she has enjoyed the constant changing of scenery as well as most of the company on the ship.
Powers, Weapons, Armor: Cerri has well-developed and well-trained biotics, and is able to use almost all of an Adept's possible powers. Besides that, she makes use of a simple M-4 Shuriken.
Ship Details: See Rolfe's Application
Weaknesses: Cerri is still getting over a traumatic experience in which she was captured by a group of turians and held for ransom. She came out of the situation with a severe phobia of turians which has since lessened, but is still present. Other than that, she is physically fairly fragile, and if her biotics are somehow disabled, she is pretty helpless.
RP sample: See Rolfe's Application

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Cerri accepted.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Confederated Southern States wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:Tag, will copy-paste apps soon.

Rakil accepted.

May as well timeskip. All that happened was that they all had a few drinks and that's it.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:

Rakil accepted.

May as well timeskip. All that happened was that they all had a few drinks and that's it.

So I guess it's up to Crypt where Rolfe and gang are.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:24 pm

8)

So, where shall the Ragtag be, Crpyt?

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Confederated Southern States wrote:8)

Really, they could be anywhere. Why don't we start them off somewhere like Boro or Omega?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
Confederated Southern States wrote:8)

Really, they could be anywhere. Why don't we start them off somewhere like Boro or Omega?

Oh, Omega! That'd be interesting...

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Cryptonius wrote:Really, they could be anywhere. Why don't we start them off somewhere like Boro or Omega?

Then let's go with it.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Cryptonius wrote:

Then let's go with it.

How long until James shoots a Batarian?

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Confederated Southern States wrote:How long until James shoots a Batarian?

My bet's on ten minutes.
Last edited by Cryptonius on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
Confederated Southern States wrote:How long until James shoots a Batarian?

My bet's on ten minutes.

You must be feeling generous. My bet's on two.

Communist Androids
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Oh hey, I have a quote in the OP! Cool!

Species (No hybrids): Krogan
Allegiance: Rolfe's crew.

Personality: In short, he's 50% killing shit and 50% sarcasm
Personal History: So, Garz was born on Tuchanka long after the Genophage had taken effect. So, the fact that he was even born was a bit of a miracle, so when it was discovered that he was also a biotic, well he was a bit of an oddity, to say the least. Like most of the rare Krogan biotics, he became a Krogan Battlemaster, training to get in close and blow shit up. As he got older though, he found out two things. 1.Killing things is fun. 2.There are people who will pay you to kill people. Having discovered this, Garz then went on to lead a long and profitable career as a freelance merc.
-Armor: Well it looks like the one in the picture. It is classified as medium armor, lighter than normal Krogan gear but it lets him use his biotics more.
-Weapons: A hammer, because every Krogan needs a hammer. Also, a M-300 Claymore.
-Powers: Biotic Charge, Stasis, and pull
Ship Details (If applicable): Nope
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): Your typical Krogan weaknesses. His speed and agility leave something to be desired and his combat style is less based on intelligence and strategy and more on 'fuck up everything ever'. It also usually makes him very vulnerable if he can't 'Fuck up everything ever' pretty quickly.
Any additional information we should know: No.
RP sample (If this is your first, let us know): No.

Nickname/Codename/Alias:
Species (No hybrids): Human
Allegiance (Alliance, Neo Cerberus, STG, Specters, Blue Suns, Independent, ect.): Alliance

Personality: Outside of combat he's a pretty cool guy, but the moment people start shooting he's all business.
Personal History: So Logan was born on a random human colony. He was always an athletic person, and dreamed of joining the Alliance one day. Eventually, he did, and he had no problem getting into the military. Since then he has been serving and has even been promoted to the rank of Gunnery Chief.
-Powers: N/A
-Weapons: M-27 Scimitar, M-6 Carnifex, and an omnitool weapon in the form of the enforcement gauntlet
-Armor:...the armor in the picture?
Ship Details (If applicable): Nope
Weaknesses (REQUIRED): Well he doesn't have any powers, not even a concussive shot or grenades. Also, he basically is a Vanguard minus the biotic charge that makes being a close range destroyer really possible.
Any additional information we should know: Ignore all of the similarities between him and Garz. Ignore them. They don't exist.
Also, I'd like him to be serving on the SSV Dallas if Brusia doesn't mind.
RP sample (If this is your first, let us know): Nope.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederated Southern States » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Garz accepted. He needs a few steps to be taken, but he's getting there.

Logan, while kinda bland, I can't reject. So, accepted. I'm sure Brusia won't mind.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse