NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VI [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you taken the P2TM Survey?

Yes. Thanks Swith!
8%
Yes. Thanks. May I treat you to a romantic dinner?
32%
No. I don't want to improve my gaming experience and thus I'm selecting this option because you've pretty much boxed me in to it. I know I don't actually have to select anything anyway but I'm compelled to cast a vote. I know I can go to viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268404 if I really wanted to voice my opinion.
5%
No. May I treat you to a romantic dinner anyway?
55%

Total votes : 38

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:09 pm

New Aksarben wrote:For LEAST favorite character?

I should clarify. Natiya is least. Bran is first, Kei is second favorite.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:10 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
Bran, I already had Gio talk to them about the visitors.

Well yeah, but I don't want to hold you guys up if I'm asleep. If you guys are willing to pause, then that'd be cool.

We could say that they had to hurry and bring Rachelle to the lesson, then have Bran and Rylli meet them later when you come back?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Character Name: Kei

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like: Here.

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Goddess (Level 3)

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any): Versed in a few different types of magics, mostly transformative magic, able to shapeshift herself and others mostly at will. She also has limited knowledge of trans-dimensional travel, being able to keep a door open from her own apartment to the realm she originally hailed from. She can also use somewhat generic spells, such as a firebolt or so. When unfurled, her wings also grant her flight. Her swords are able to cut through metel, although they are seldom used.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Using her powers tires her out, plain and simple. Too much attacks makes her weak, and hungry, and tired all at the same time. Casting too many spells will cause exhaustion.

Character Background: Kei was originall born a human, a shepardess on her parent's farm. She had a few older brothers, and lived a happy life until it all changed one day. She wandered into a cave and activated some ancient trap, prophecy, or something that well, made her a goddess. She has since long-outlived her family, seeing them all pass on peacefully. After that, she drifted around her home, living in the same abandoned farm for a few hundred years before finally leaving for new places. She experienced quite a lot, and ended up befriending a demon at some point or the other, and eventually followed her to Earth, since then, she has taken up residence with the people of the apartment, but not before (Many thousands of years ago ago), modifying her own variant of humans who eventually formed the nation of the Branriech.

Additional Notes: Kei is somewhat cold, somewhat warm, somewhat hateful, and someone loving. It depends on the first impressions of wohever she meets.

URL to Apartment Picture: Her home, where the door in the hallway leads to, is actually a doorway to her home realm. She keeps the other door locked though, so random yokels can't just go around in her homeworld.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Kei, a goddess now living among the apartment-people, has seen it all, except for the apartment. She's had quite the rocky love-life, with a couple (Alright, more than a few) people. She's good with her powers, although she's nowhere near as powerful as some of the other gods in the building.

Cer, she was a demon back when I still didn't know what I wanted to do with her. I always get the feeling that she's my least favorite character because she's now a goddess.

It looks good.

I think part of the problem was you'd established her as going to school with Lidev and then, out of the blue, she became a god. And then used her powers to harass innocent people. Then took over the BranRiech and established herself as a queen. Then established Bran as her top admiral and for a long while she was an insufferable, money and status-oriented, shallow bitch who'd put even Fram's own narcissistic antics to shame (Fram is purposely played as 2D and cruel). You've toned her down and make her a better rounded creature now. You play her better now.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:13 pm

I've thought to myself what it would be like to play a god-like character a few times over the last few months. Then I think, I feel that I have too many characters...and not enough development.

I think I can ditch the banshee. That was me experimenting with a magic character, but I didn't like her a lot. I still have ideas for the Dunmer squad, but few opportunities... Dimitrus is one of my better characters, but her personality takes away opportunities for certain lines and emotions, so she seems dry...

And The Sisters are my best ones, though I doubt they're so interesting (or powerful :p)

I Kay just write up an app for lulz, and see what people think. It couldn't hurt, right?
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I've thought to myself what it would be like to play a god-like character a few times over the last few months. Then I think, I feel that I have too many characters...and not enough development.

I think I can ditch the banshee. That was me experimenting with a magic character, but I didn't like her a lot. I still have ideas for the Dunmer squad, but few opportunities... Dimitrus is one of my better characters, but her personality takes away opportunities for certain lines and emotions, so she seems dry...

And The Sisters are my best ones, though I doubt they're so interesting (or powerful :p)

I Kay just write up an app for lulz, and see what people think. It couldn't hurt, right?

One does not have to be powerful to be interesting. :hug:
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Low BP? o_o

Very Very Bad Things, even over and above low blood sugar. Usually these Very Very Bad Things will be Very Very Visible Bad Things, but if they're not, they can safely be reclassified as Very Very Very Bad No Good Horrible Things.

Her blood pressure was fine. I think Eru confused the two. She had low blood sugar earlier.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I've thought to myself what it would be like to play a god-like character a few times over the last few months. Then I think, I feel that I have too many characters...and not enough development.

Of course not! *grins*

Yeah, I felt that way as well, earlier. It's why I depowered Dora and Tasia, and why Luce almost never uses his powers.

Cerillium wrote:Her blood pressure was fine. I think Eru confused the two. She had low blood sugar earlier.

Phew. :meh:
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Low BP? o_o

Very Very Bad Things, even over and above low blood sugar. Usually these Very Very Bad Things will be Very Very Visible Bad Things, but if they're not, they can safely be reclassified as Very Very Very Bad No Good Horrible Things.

Her blood pressure was fine. I think Eru confused the two. She had low blood sugar earlier.

Ewps....Um, I did. This is why I'm not a medical professional.

"Doctor, her blood pressure has dropped to extreme levels!"

"Oh, she's fine. It's not too high, and I doubt she'll fall over and go comatose."
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Giovenith wrote:

One does not have to be powerful to be interesting. :hug:

D'aw :hug:

Well...maybe not "not interesting", but maybe...

A being who was different from all my other characters, with powers or whatever, and had a planned-out back story and personality.

And damn it, that cursed typo!
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Hey guys hows it going?
Is their anything my character can get in on?
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Primster! *waves*

How's things with you?
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Hey guys hows it going?

It's a new day. People are waking up. Two new characters have arrived (Gio and NA's ponies) but not much else is going on.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:Hey guys hows it going?

It's a new day. People are waking up. Two new characters have arrived (Gio and NA's ponies) but not much else is going on.

PONIES!!!
:lol:

@tilt
*waves*
Good, been bored but good.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Ponies, the only creatures who will attempt to gang up on a manticore one minute, and then have a near heart-attack over spooky trees two minutes later.

We should probably get them to the building soon, so no one gets to held up.
she/her

Fennec
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fennec » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Giovenith wrote:Ponies, the only creatures who will attempt to gang up on a manticore one minute, and then have a near heart-attack over spooky trees two minutes later.

It's a fun thing to read in the IC.

Goodnight Peeps!
The Black Hawks
I'm just here for the roleplay.
Honest!
adhouse

Join us in mayhem
´*•.¸´*•.¸♥¸.•*´¸.•*´­
Swithy's Gameplay Account ❧ Vulpes Zerda Dostoyevskii
Fractal Hacker, Vent Fennec and (veloci)Raptor Queen.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Fennec wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Ponies, the only creatures who will attempt to gang up on a manticore one minute, and then have a near heart-attack over spooky trees two minutes later.

It's a fun thing to read in the IC.

Goodnight Peeps!

It is!

Goodnight, fennec-y one.
mumblemumblemumble

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:54 pm

God it never seems like anything is happening for me to do any more
:unsure:

Oh well see yall tomorrow.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:God it never seems like anything is happening for me to do any more

I know that feeling,

Goodnight everyone!

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:PONIES!!!
:lol:

@tilt
*waves*
Good, been bored but good.

Nice!

Primordial Luxa wrote:God it never seems like anything is happening for me to do any more

Where are all your chars?

Later Prim.

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:I know that feeling,

Goodnight everyone!

Later NVE.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Were you waiting on Bran? I have have Rudolf go back to the shadows. I work tomorrow. Don't want to hold all of you up.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Cerillium wrote:

Were you waiting on Bran? I have have Rudolf go back to the shadows. I work tomorrow. Don't want to hold all of you up.

He said we could move on without him if need be. Like they'd need to hurry along with Rachelle or something.
she/her

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm actually going to bed here...

Just have Sterling tag along with Willow, please!
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Night NA.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:10 pm

No prob, NA! Sweet dreams!
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Okay, here an app (not a real/intended one) that I thought up over thirty minutes. It's probably bad, but I just wanted to see what ya think. I just wanna try it.

Character Name (can be different than nation name): Æδer Dæuς [Aether Deus, Sky God]

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like:http://s18.postimg.org/rmr9kjo61/futrediary_JPG_650x10000_q85.jpg
http://s18.postimg.org/s0x6xvxnd/gotwoo ... v_snap.jpg

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Humanoid deity.

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any): Possesses knowledge of all time and space. Can influence the mortal plane on a limited scale. Can mess with the Akashic Records, and time, in weird ways.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Can't leave his realm. Doesn't possess knowledge of other universes or timelines.

Character Background: Named Aether Deus as a sort of corruption in the Greek language, the original name of the Sky God is long lost.

Deus was a prominent deity in ancient Torsiedellie religion. He was said to reside in his realm, the Æther, as the recorder and master of all time and knowledge, the librarian and keeper of the Akashic Records. He influenced the mortal realm where he was worshipped, and passed down the records of mighty kings and brave heroes. He helped some move through time, and banished others within a timeless void.

The facts: Deus does live in his own realm. He does hold the knowledge of time and space, and keeps the Akashic Records. However, he is not an all-powerful being. He can not leave his realm, though he can bring mortals in, and make some his friends and champions. He can influence the mortal plane on a limited scale, but has used this to make great changes once or twice. While in his realm, he is truly a god, but not one who determines the fates of the universe.
He amuses himself by watching all history, and digging through his records, and playing with his subjects.

Additional Notes: He is a social being, though strange. He has an affinity for grand battles and showdowns. He doesn't like being worshipped, but respected. He especially loves children and rebellious young adults.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Ancient Torsiedellie deity who resides in his own realm. He keeps the Akashic Records, the entire knowledge of all happenings since the beginning of time. He gets his kicks off of screwing with the mortal plane in strange ways. He also enjoys making friends with certain mortals. He has no knowledge of alternate universes or timelines.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse