NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VI [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you taken the P2TM Survey?

Yes. Thanks Swith!
8%
Yes. Thanks. May I treat you to a romantic dinner?
32%
No. I don't want to improve my gaming experience and thus I'm selecting this option because you've pretty much boxed me in to it. I know I don't actually have to select anything anyway but I'm compelled to cast a vote. I know I can go to viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268404 if I really wanted to voice my opinion.
5%
No. May I treat you to a romantic dinner anyway?
55%

Total votes : 38

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Giovenith wrote:This whole pony thing reminds me of Philip Pullman's concept of Dust in the "His Dark Materials" trilogy. You know, the whole concept of what does and doesn't define what makes a person, where it comes from.

Good analogy. Expand upon it?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Possibly. Fairly big concept though, it would certainly add onto the existing canon.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 pm

I need to figure out how to bring my pony in....
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Urran, villains get happy endings. Look at Klaus and Swith. Ogoti, too. Even Kei. She was villainous when she first arrived. Changed people into objects and took over the BranRiech. Now she's more tempered and in love. Dani as well.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Urran wrote:I need to figure out how to bring my pony in....

Start by posting an app. We can work from there. Maybe NVE or Swith try to open a dimensional gate and suck another pony in.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Urran wrote:I need to figure out how to bring my pony in....

Start by posting an app. We can work from there. Maybe NVE or Swith try to open a dimensional gate and suck another pony in.

I was going to suggest having Kei become somewhat bored, and bringing him in maybe, if Urran'd give me permission.

Fennec
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fennec » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:24 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Start by posting an app. We can work from there. Maybe NVE or Swith try to open a dimensional gate and suck another pony in.

I was going to suggest having Kei become somewhat bored, and bringing him in maybe, if Urran'd give me permission.

When did Kei master dimensional travel? It's an okay idea but it would make better sense to have Swith and NVE screw up a gate.

I'm having a hard time staying awake. I might log off soon.
The Black Hawks
I'm just here for the roleplay.
Honest!
adhouse

Join us in mayhem
´*•.¸´*•.¸♥¸.•*´¸.•*´­
Swithy's Gameplay Account ❧ Vulpes Zerda Dostoyevskii
Fractal Hacker, Vent Fennec and (veloci)Raptor Queen.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Fennec wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:I was going to suggest having Kei become somewhat bored, and bringing him in maybe, if Urran'd give me permission.

When did Kei master dimensional travel? It's an okay idea but it would make better sense to have Swith and NVE screw up a gate.

Hiya!

If you're going to log off, just wanted to pop in and say hello. No fun when someone's low on their blood pressure. I hope you feel better soon.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Well, nevermind then. She was able to open a gate to her home dimension.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Goodnight Swith, I suggest you do it since If I write it, the chicks will be the one that caused it and they will try to ride Urran's pony (with lassos and claws).

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Fennec wrote:When did Kei master dimensional travel? It's an okay idea but it would make better sense to have Swith and NVE screw up a gate.

What's your sugar level?

Fennec
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fennec » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Erucia wrote:Hiya!

If you're going to log off, just wanted to pop in and say hello. No fun when someone's low on their blood pressure. I hope you feel better soon.

Hiya Eru!

NVE, or he'd get shot by a girl scout or dropped on Eru's new body? :lol2:

Bran, we need to figure out what Kei can and can't do. It'll help round her out better.

Cer, 92. I'm good.
The Black Hawks
I'm just here for the roleplay.
Honest!
adhouse

Join us in mayhem
´*•.¸´*•.¸♥¸.•*´¸.•*´­
Swithy's Gameplay Account ❧ Vulpes Zerda Dostoyevskii
Fractal Hacker, Vent Fennec and (veloci)Raptor Queen.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Fennec wrote:

Hiya Eru!

Bran, we need to figure out what Kei can and can't do. It'll help round her out better.

Cer, 92. I'm good.

:rofl: No, but anything involving raptor tech may cause a little mass destruction.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Fennec wrote:

Hiya Eru!

Cer, 92. I'm good.

Please don't suggest that Ray gets killed again. While I enjoyed RP'ing it, it might be annoying for him to take trips to Heaven every weekend. Although it is much nicer than the Hamptons.

But glad to hear your sugar's good!
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm still working on an app for her.

Even if I make an updated app for her, will she ever get to do anything?

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:40 pm

I think it would be cool to have Kei bring him in. Or maybe Kei and Ti are experimenting with was to fuse magic and technology and accidentally bring him there.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Urran wrote:I think it would be cool to have Kei bring him in. Or maybe Kei and Ti are experimenting with was to fuse magic and technology and accidentally bring him there.

If Kei can't do it, then I won't have her bring your character in.

I'm working on an app right now.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:56 pm

The BranRiech wrote:I'm still working on an app for her.

Even if I make an updated app for her, will she ever get to do anything?

It's best to define what she can do first.

For example: my characters are powerful but they can't alter time or open dimensional gates on their own. Ogoti uses a device Charumati gave him eons ago. Klaus uses a device he stole from Charumati.

Swith can heal but it taxes her. She rebuilds molecules and cells. Her specialty is the fabric of the universe itself. She's not meant to be a healer. Ogoti can heal with no effort. Don't ever ask Klaus to heal you. You'll have a second head on your shoulders and no dick. Fram's powers are for his own entertainment. He couldn't use them to fight his way out of a paper bag.

Figure out what she can do and look for powers that tie into it. Ogoti is master of diseases and plagues (and healing and creation is part of that sphere) so having an off-path, unrelated power (mind control, thought influence) would be odd for him. If in doubt, use a point system.

Kei started off as a demon. Then she was a mortal suddenly turned "god" with powers granted when she wandered into a cave.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Character Name: Kei

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like: Here.

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Goddess (Level 3)

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any): Versed in a few different types of magics, mostly transformative magic, able to shapeshift herself and others mostly at will. She also has limited knowledge of trans-dimensional travel, being able to keep a door open from her own apartment to the realm she originally hailed from. She can also use somewhat generic spells, such as a firebolt or so. When unfurled, her wings also grant her flight. Her swords are able to cut through metel, although they are seldom used.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Using her powers tires her out, plain and simple. Too much attacks makes her weak, and hungry, and tired all at the same time. Casting too many spells will cause exhaustion.

Character Background: Kei was originall born a human, a shepardess on her parent's farm. She had a few older brothers, and lived a happy life until it all changed one day. She wandered into a cave and activated some ancient trap, prophecy, or something that well, made her a goddess. She has since long-outlived her family, seeing them all pass on peacefully. After that, she drifted around her home, living in the same abandoned farm for a few hundred years before finally leaving for new places. She experienced quite a lot, and ended up befriending a demon at some point or the other, and eventually followed her to Earth, since then, she has taken up residence with the people of the apartment, but not before (Many thousands of years ago ago), modifying her own variant of humans who eventually formed the nation of the Branriech.

Additional Notes: Kei is somewhat cold, somewhat warm, somewhat hateful, and someone loving. It depends on the first impressions of wohever she meets.

URL to Apartment Picture: Her home, where the door in the hallway leads to, is actually a doorway to her home realm. She keeps the other door locked though, so random yokels can't just go around in her homeworld.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Kei, a goddess now living among the apartment-people, has seen it all, except for the apartment. She's had quite the rocky love-life, with a couple (Alright, more than a few) people. She's good with her powers, although she's nowhere near as powerful as some of the other gods in the building.

Cer, she was a demon back when I still didn't know what I wanted to do with her. I always get the feeling that she's my least favorite character because she's now a goddess.
Last edited by The BranRiech on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:00 pm

The BranRiech wrote:

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Goddess (Level 3)

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any): Versed in a few different types of magics, mostly transformative magic, able to shapeshift herself and others mostly at will. She also has limited knowledge of trans-dimensional travel, being able to keep a door open from her own apartment to the realm she originally hailed from. She can also use somewhat generic spells, such as a firebolt or so. When unfurled, her wings also grant her flight. Her swords are able to cut through metel, although they are seldom used.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Using her powers tires her out, plain and simple. Too much attacks makes her weak, and hungry, and tired all at the same time. Casting too many spells will cause exhaustion.

Character Background: Kei was originall born a human, a shepardess on her parent's farm. She had a few older brothers, and lived a happy life until it all changed one day. She wandered into a cave and activated some ancient trap, prophecy, or something that well, made her a goddess. She has since long-outlived her family, seeing them all pass on peacefully. After that, she drifted around her home, living in the same abandoned farm for a few hundred years before finally leaving for new places. She experienced quite a lot, and ended up befriending a demon at some point or the other, and eventually followed her to Earth, since then, she has taken up residence with the people of the apartment, but not before (Many thousands of years ago ago), modifying her own variant of humans who eventually formed the nation of the Branriech.

Additional Notes: Kei is somewhat cold, somewhat warm, somewhat hateful, and someone loving. It depends on the first impressions of wohever she meets.

URL to Apartment Picture: Her home, where the door in the hallway leads to, is actually a doorway to her home realm. She keeps the other door locked though, so random yokels can't just go around in her homeworld.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Kei, a goddess now living among the apartment-people, has seen it all, except for the apartment. She's had quite the rocky love-life, with a couple (Alright, more than a few) people. She's good with her powers, although she's nowhere near as powerful as some of the other gods in the building.

Cer, she was a demon back when I still didn't know what I wanted to do with her. I always get the feeling that she's my least favorite character because she's now a goddess.

For me, Natiya holds that position. Kei is like number two, right behind Bran and followed closely by Rylli.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Going to bed, feel free to leave Bran and Rachelle behind if you guys want. I don't want to hold you guys up. I'll post tomorrow or something.

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Urran wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:

IMPORTANT:

For me, Natiya holds that position. Kei is like number two, right behind Bran and followed closely by Rylli.

For LEAST favorite character?
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Low BP? o_o

Very Very Bad Things, even over and above low blood sugar. Usually these Very Very Bad Things will be Very Very Visible Bad Things, but if they're not, they can safely be reclassified as Very Very Very Bad No Good Horrible Things.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:05 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Going to bed, feel free to leave Bran and Rachelle behind if you guys want. I don't want to hold you guys up. I'll post tomorrow or something.

Bran, I already had Gio talk to them about the visitors.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Giovenith wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Going to bed, feel free to leave Bran and Rachelle behind if you guys want. I don't want to hold you guys up. I'll post tomorrow or something.

Bran, I already had Gio talk to them about the visitors.

Well yeah, but I don't want to hold you guys up if I'm asleep. If you guys are willing to pause, then that'd be cool.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse