NATION

PASSWORD

Last Hopes (OOC/Sign-Up/Zombie Survival)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
New Armarzia
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Last Hopes (OOC/Sign-Up/Zombie Survival)

Postby New Armarzia » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Last Hopes

IC:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=254624
Red is walled settlement, purple are possible outposts

It has been twelve years since the first reported case of infected were shown on TV, ten years since the last broadcast on a TV around here. It is two thousand twenty-five, already. You know, I can remember like it was yesterday, when the old world died. It was right before you were born, seemed like everyone was going to die. But we were lucky, the government thought we were important enough to protect. They protected us and provided for us for nearly ten years now. But the world isn't the same anymore, people have adapted and have survived.

Now son, I know this is all you have known for your life, but we can't stay here anymore. I want to give you the life I had, I want you to live without fear, without frequent loss, without having to go hungry or having to hide. Now if there is any truth to what those travelers said than we have to go. Your mother would want this for you, Boston is our last hope.

-Father to his son in Little Rock, Arkansas

This is another Zombie RP, however I hope I can persuade you take a look at this RP as I believe I have made it unique to most others on here. This RP, like The Last of Us which I am getting inspiration from, primarily focuses on survival and interactions between survivors rather than fighting hordes of zombies. I will try to focus on what I consider to be realistic situations in a post-apocalyptic scenario. Where supplies and finding some shelter are just a important as avoiding zombies on your travels. The RP will focus on a group and possibly a few individual stories as people travel across the United States in search of what they think is their last chance at a life without the constant threat of hunger and zombies.

Players will start in or around the city of Des moines, Iowa. A friendly, but dangerous place. The Iowa National Guard secured a section of the city early on in the infection and walled it off so some may live on in the city. The quarantined zone is friendly to outsiders, but they are few and dare not travel through the unsafe parts of the city as Des Moines in no haven from danger itself. Plagued by frequent zombie attacks and infrequent rations, the city sees few and support few. But that is not the case for you. You will play a survivor of this land who either heard the rumors of safe passage to zombie-free lands in Boston or simply survivors looking for a group to work with as you travel the lands in hope of some kind of easier life.

As the RP focuses on survival, death of players is entirely possible, I will be lenient at first and forgiving. But as the RP goes on foolish decisions will have consequences and eventually death. The group will have to make tough decisions as supplies run low and make greater risks than they would normally care to. I will try to provide scenarios to test the skills of the group, see if survival trumps compassion and even try to make the group turn on one another as they journey. Players can join whenever they so choose as the group can find survivors in their travels.

Rules
1. No Godmodding or metagaming
2. Only I and G-Tech have the ability to declare when zombies appear
3. Post must be at least four sentences though preferably more
4. Work together to make the RP work, though you don't have to work together in the RP
5. Report any expected inactivity before hand or I will kill your character
6. My word along with any Co-OPs is law
7. State your location in IC Posts
8. Use Google maps or similar source for references, no making places up
9. I will state loot that you receive while scavenging

Current Co-OPs: Aona

Applications

Application Notes
-Pictures are always preferred for appearance
-Be very specific with all forms of items, I would like to know every item you have
-This is twelve years into the outbreak, much of your supplies will have been used by now
-Please specify if you would like to have your own personal adventure and meet the group later...this is ONLY for people who will be very infrequent in activity and won't be able to keep up with group events
-No military grade equipment, try to be as realistic with weapons as possible
-Bios must be at least two paragraphs, if you do not have an RP sample this is what I will base it off of and if I have to base RP skill off of a bio alone I will be a tough judge so probably best to write more.
-TG me if you have specific questions pertaining to the app, will be quicker for me to respond and notice
-Specific Skills is not a limitation, just a spot for you to put unique things you think you can provide that others may not

Code: Select all
[b][u]Application[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Clothing:[/b]
[b]Weapons and Ammo:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Specific skills:[/b]
[b]Previous RP Samples:[/b]
[b]Other Notes:[/b]

Accepted Characters
Application
Name: Samuel Vernon
Appearance:

Clothing: Shirt:

Pants: Casual washed-out jeans
Sneakers
Fabric belt
Leather aviation jacket
Weapons and Ammo: Kukri Machete

3 .45 caliber bullets (no gun)
Equipment:Standard Hiking backpack, water bottle, pen and paper, a small roll of band-aids, 2 batteries, a small flashlight
Biography: Samuel was born in Denver, Colorado. He was 11 years old when the infection began to spread. His father, an armyman, left for Omaha along with his mother and uncle (a former general) at age 12. There, Samuel and his family were highly respected, his uncle the head of there military forces, with his father in 2nd command. Samuel was popular among the other survivors for his charismatic leadership, and was expected to become the fort's leader once he got older.

Up until two months ago, the fort lived relatively unexposed to the outside world. After an assault on their base by a local gang ensued, Samuel and his uncle attempted to flank the attackers, and he became the only survivor of the car wreck that ensued, as well as the fort. Samuel, devastated by this loss, cosidered suicide for days, before deciding to survive as long as possible in his family's name. Determined to be rid of the memories of his past and escape the infected hordes, Samuel set off for Boston, hoping beyond hope that something was there.
Specific skills: Small, quiet, thin. Able to scout locations very well, is an excellent negotiator. Fast runner. Has good moral and intentions, and excellent judge of character (Being a diplomat, he is also very skilled with women)
Previous RP Samples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=235711 , http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=240045 , http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=233174
Other Notes: I would like to be Co-OP, As discussed earlier :D

Application
Name: Seth Wilks
Appearance:

Clothing: Ragged, scavenged clothing
Weapons and Ammo:

Equipment: Blanket, Stale bread,
Biography: Seth was only eight when the world went mad. First the infected swarmed over the countryside. Then came the looters, they broke into every house, taking anything they could get their hands on. A group broke into Seth's house. His mother carried the frightened child upstairs and set him within the closet. Seth watched as his family was killed by the looters. Seth ran hard and fast, using his smaller frame as an advantage to escape the looters.

Years passed and Seth has been surviving ever since. A few people have seen him and dubbed him "The Ghost Child" because by the time they arrived to see if he needed help he had vanished. Over time Seth began to move faster and much softer than many others in this new world, he fed himself by slipping in and out of camps, stealing what he could. Recently Seth acquired a new knife, his last having broke in an infected's skull. However as Seth watched people he began to feel curious at how these "loud ones" survived. He followed the scouting party back towards the city of Des moines.

Specific skills: Stealth, good hand to hand, (especially knives)
Previous RP Samples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=244199
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223474
Other Notes: Seth has had no experience handling guns or other projectile weapons.

Application
Name: Doctor Allan Grimmsön
Appearance:

Clothing:4 pairs of green scrubs, running shoes, winter fur coat,ushanka
Weapons and Ammo: Serrated knife, scalpel, Lee Enfield Rifle 7.62mm 2A1, 14 bullets
Equipment: Tent, flashlight, Large doctors bag (2x bottle Hydrocodone, 2x bottle Pentazocine, 2x bottle Methadone, 1x bottle Azithromycin, 1x bottle Furazolidone, 1x bottle Bacitracin, 1x bottle Trovafloxacin,
Graspers, such as forceps
Clamps and occluders for blood vessels and other organs
Retractors, used to spread open skin, ribs and other tissue
Distractors, positioners and stereotactic devices
Mechanical cutters (scalpels, lancets, drill bits, rasps, trocars, Ligasure, Harmonic scalpel etc.)
Dilators and specula, for access to narrow passages or incisions
Suction tips and tubes, for removal of bodily fluids
Sealing devices, such as surgical staplers
Irrigation and injection needles, tips and tubes, for introducing fluid
Tyndallers, to help "wedge" open damaged tissues in the brain.
Scopes and probes
Measurement devices, such as rulers and calipers),
Plastic Water Bottle (Full)
3 weeks dried food

Biography:
Brief bio: Allan Grimmsön was born to Danish emigrants in Bloomington, Indiana. His father found work as a software engineer working for a Pharmaceutical company. From a young age he was facinated by the sciences and spent most of his childhood playing "battle field medic" with his friends. His grades were exceptional throughout high school and college thereby earning him a solid scholarship fund, and a place at the prestigious George Washington University. Upon graduation he received letters of interest from several hospitals, but he finally decided on "Our Lady of Mercy" in Des moines, Iowa. For a long time Allan didn't really have a reason for choosing Des moines. It always just felt like something he needed to do. Like a natural decision, and to think otherwise was ludicrous.

Doctor Grimmsön worked for many years in the hospital. He was there until it was overrun by the undead, only escaping by locking himself in the operating room and escaping through the ventilation system. Allan's parents were dead when he reached their home. The infected had broken in and consumed both of them. But when Allan was almost all the way out the door he heard a noise from the back of the house. Curious, he investigated. He found his young sister hiding in the attic as a zombie below was trying to figure out the easiest way to get up there. Without hesitation Allan took one of the large meat cleavers from the kitchen and slashed the zombies throat. His sister and him have been on the road ever since.

Specific skills: Surgery, medical care, extremely intelligent
Previous RP Samples:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=15423449#p15423449
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=15473488#p15473488
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=15582256#p15582256

Other Notes:

Application
Name:8
Appearance:

Clothing:heavy coat, hoody, undershirt, shoes, jeans
Weapons and Ammo: .22 Ruger 5 bullets (In case of emergencies)
Equipment:sleeping bag, small pouch of nick knack type things
Biography: (coming later)
Specific skills:intelligent, athletic, can cook, fish, small repairs
Other Notes:

Name: Max Goodwill
Appearance:dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, medium size(I'll leave the rest so people can be creative here)
Clothing: 2 pairs of green shirts, 1 pair of jeans, a baseball hat, jacket made out of furs
Weapons and Ammo: makeshift bow with no arrows,dull machete, and a very large homemade knife
Equipment: a wolf named Ted(long story with that), herbal meds, and a small backpack. Have some rabbit meat, 8 canned food items, 3 canteens of water and some flint.
Biography: Max was in the marines when the outbreak happened. His team was deployed to Indiana to help with quarantine efforts and eradication of the undead. Everything was good until one day a alarm went off in his base and he woke up alone to hear gunshots. The base was overrun with the undead and his best friends were dead or undead. The last of his team were holed up in a market near the base and they needed him. He picked up a LMG and ran to the market guns blazing ,but when he got there they were dead. Max knew that he should run ,but he stood there and he readied his mind to be torn apart. He then felt his hand grabbed by someone and soon he found himself running besides a hooded figure. When they got to a safe area, the hooded figure removed the hood to reveal a young female girl with golden hair and eyes. After explaining how she remembered nothing from her past and haven't encountering a living creature such she woke up in hospital. Max also explained what happened such the outbreak and they both agreed to be partners.

Ten years later have shown that the infection has grown out of control with stories of strange creatures, none of switch turned out to be true. They lived in the woods near the ruins of Fort Wayne, many zombies there were inside the former quarantine and couldn't get out because most paths were blocked making the surrounding area safe for the most part. One day Max and the hooded figure, now named Kat, were hunting for game when they heard a howl and they both went to it to find out what happen. When they got there a wolf pack was engaged with a horde of undead, the pair decided to move on ,but somehow a pup managed to get through the fighting and it followed them. In an unspoken agreement they kept it with them.

Two years later a drought and a harsh winter left the woods in disarray and the many animals were either dead or undead. Hearing stories about a quarantine zone in Des Moines still intact, Max, Kat, and Ted(the pup) traveled to Des Moines. They are outside Des Moines and this is where their story begins.
Specific skills: Smart, good with hand to hand combat, good with firearms, has experience in gardening ,he's also a spider money(pig!) as in he can climb good
Previous RP Samples:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=247027&p=15138218&sid=981d416f4a9aade888e04a0ad3cbb46a#p15138218(Two are on here) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=247027&p=15198084&sid=e24c26771a8c59d958d6475da10c18d6#p15198084(Same forum)
Other Notes: Want to go solo until my little group gets near the walls. I'll also make Kats app later on.
Weaknesses: He's loyal to his group to the end, he would rather avoid people than find out if they're hostile, he tends to snooze off when on guard duty

Name: Kat(Given name)Her full name is known due to memory lost.
Appearance:Gold hair and eyes, small, long hair kept in makeshift braids
Clothing:Black hoodie, two black shirts, pair of black gloves, bandana, two pairs of black jeans.
Weapons and Ammo: makeshift crossbow(fast reloading speed for reduced damage and range), crafted machete, a small crafted knife, (a makeshift hidden blade?) 8 makeshift arrows.
Equipment:Wolf name Ted(explained in Max's app), binoculars(Taken from dead body), parts to make arrows, 2 canteens of water, and a makeshift lock pick.
Biography: She has no memory of her past before she woke up in a hospital with a needle in her arm. After removing it and gaining her bearings, she wandered around the room trying to find a way out ,but all the exits and windows were locked. Kat heard moaning behind one of the doors and she asked if the person was ok. The person started to bang on the door and Kat knew something wasn't right so she got ready to fight with a chair. After some moments the door was busted open and the person attacked ,but got a chair instead of some tasty flash. Kat then ran the hell out of the hospital. A week later she met up with Max, a marine deployed to help with quarantine efforts, and they both agreed to be 'partners'. Kat was sixteen at the time and view Max as a father figure because he had helped her a lot and had taught her well in combat, hunting, and traps.

In the woods near a city once called Fort Wayne, she had a makeshift fort with Max, later on Ted, and enjoyed hunting and setting up traps for game, zombies, and people. She learned many things in the woods and because of hunting she learned to be quiet and being well hidden, especially zombies. During the early days of the infection people needed things and with that Kat learned how to trade. Now the woods have been devastated by drought and a harsh winter ,and they are now on the move to a quarantine zone. They have arrived at the ruins of Des Moines and this is where their story begins.
Specific skills: Good at trades, good with many melee and ranged weapons, good in hunting and traps, good at stealth and hiding, she is also a free runner(good at climbing and parkour)
Previous RP Samples: In Max's app
Other Notes: She's quiet, but can be very talkative when it come to conservations. I'll also explain how she lost her memory in the RP.

Application
Name: Jason Woods
Appearance:

Clothing: 1 pair of black-waterproof hiking boots, 3 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of cargo trousers(one black, one grey), 4 t-shirts(2 black, 2 white), 1 grey heavy sweater, a light waterproof jacket
Weapons and Ammo:
-10 FCM Scout (14 rounds of ammo)
-12" crowbar
-5 rounds of .22 rimfire ammo
-Serrated Knife
Equipment:
-8ft length of rope
-Roll of insulated black tape
-1 liter sports bottle - empty
-3kg bag of 'quick oats'
-Small aluminium dish (like a mess kit)
-Razor blade
-Toothbrush
-Large SwissGear Backpack
Biography:
Jason was ten when the outbreak happened so he hasn't got many memories of life in the old world. From what he can gather, he lived in a quiet suburban neighbourhood like any middle-class family. His father was a State Trooper and as such he got him heavily involved with sports from a young age. His mother kept her own little floral shop.

When the outbreak struck, Jason's father was called in as the majority of police were. He gave clear instructions before he left for Jason and his mother. They took his gun and headed to the safe zone where he reassured them he would meet up with them, but he never did. Jason's mother took her own life several months after entering the camp after developing severe depression.

From then on Jason became a bit hostile, he liked the company of a select few people. He often got heavily involved in any work projects going on in the zone in an attempt to distract himself from everything - the years of manual labour have payed off however as it has left him quite toned and built. After turning 22 a number of weeks ago he realised he hasn't experienced the outside world much and made the decision to leave the Quarantine Zone.

Specific skills: No real 'skills' in particular but he is quite strong and quite fit stamina-wise. His work in the camp has left him with a knowledge in construction also.
Previous RP Samples: World Conflict, Remnants of an Age (Both on account of my other nation, Aera)
Other Notes: Jason, as said, can be quite hostile and he enjoys the company of any a select few people - which he usually decides based on how well they can help him survive. Despite this he is known to be generous for doing favours, a habit he developed in order to get more work to distract himself from general life.

Name: Lucina Kooly
Appearance:

Clothing: 2 white tank tops, 1 white fleece hoodie, 1 pair black denim jeans, insulated steel-toe leather boots, white fleece gloves

Weapons and Ammo: Winchester .22 rifle-20 rounds, S&W .357 Magnum-2 rounds, 1 aluminum softball bat.
Equipment: Stainless steel mag-light, 2 sets of batteries, tent, 10ft rope, sleeping bag, purple jansport bookbag, 2 gallon canteen(half full), 2 days worth of food

Biography: Lucina had never known her mother, she was killed in a break in while she was very young, and while her father was at work. Other than that shelived the normal life before the zombie apocalypse happened. She attended grade school, sang in choir, played softball on the little league team,and went to the range with her father; you know typical girl things. She was highly intelligent for he age, and spent most of her time outdoors, either camping with friends, or partaking on a hunting trip with her father. She learned to be silent and agile while stalking game, and on her 11th birthday she was given her very own .22 rifle. It was a pink camo Winchester hunting rifle, and she would use it in ways she never thought she would very soon.

Roughly two weeks after her birthday the Zombie Epidemic hit, and Lucina found herself running home to try and find her father, and she found him. She found him in the house she grew up in, the yard was strewn with the bodies of the undead, the house had broken glass windows everywhere, and the door was busted in. She found him in the living room, freshly turned; her father was gone, replaced by the thing she now hated most in the world, and she ended it; it was no longer her father.

Lucina was one of the very few travelers to make it to Des Moine three years into the Epidemic, alone. She established herself there as a good scavenger, and a deadly markswomen. She garnished respect and fear for her attitude, and abilities to hunt and survive. She would be the first one to volunteer for a mission, would always be the last one back in the safety of the "Green Zone", and eventually began leading her own squad. Her squad continually pushes on the boundary of the established "Yellow Zone", ever so slowly dipping into the "Red Zone", and bringing back greater amounts of supplies.

Specific skills:Markswomen, good scavenger for food and supplies

Previous RP Samples:
Just Started
Never finished (OP left)

Other Notes: Lucina is cold and calculating; she has no problems with killing someone to protect herself, and in rare cases others. Known as the "Red Devil" by the National Guard, goes by "Little Red" when around children and simply ""Red" around people she doesn't know/trust.

Note:

1. Still fits in (I want her to for now)
2.Took out throwing knives, and tomahawk
3.Canteen half full
4. Bio is longer
5.Rp samples in place

Application
Name: Sam Mitschke

Clothing: Ragged pair of Levi's Jeans, Double Extra Large Thermal Shirt, Black Leather Belt, Old Combat Boots.
Weapons and Ammo: Bow, 15 Arrows, Aluminum Baseball Bat, Machete.
Equipment: Small Hatchet, Flashlight, Two (2) AA Batteries, One Flare, One smashed iTouch (doesn't work), Sleeping Bag, One week of food and water.
Biography: Sam was sixteen when the initial outbreak occurred, of course, back then he was living in Kansas City. The initial outbreak wasn't too bad in KC, just some quarantining and what not...but then the zombies started to multiply. The Police and local National Guard units couldn't properly contain the outbreak. One by one, the people died around him. First his mother, then his father...soon, people stopped going to school and eventually school just ended. Done. After the first three or four months, he began to look for anyone he knew that was still alive. Some were. Most weren't. He found friends dead, committed suicide, starvation, thirst, others...others...He found people he knew, some he loved dearly, eaten by their family members. He realized that he was truly alone.

For the first couple years of the outbreak, he lived in Kansas City. Hunting, killing zombies, trying to live or at least survive in the ruins of his old life. Every month or so he would change houses, living in one for a short time until the zombie activity started to heat up in that particular area, then it would be another journey to a different section of the city. Sometimes he would find other survivors, individuals mostly but sometimes there was the quirky small band of four or five survivors. He would never stick around with anyone for long, if at all. It was almost always just him, traveling the ruins alone.

After the second year, he began his trek through Missouri, moving through small towns and what not on his way to St. Louis. He had heard rumors of a safe zone there, but he was once again out of luck. There was no safe zone. Only more death and infection wherever he traversed. He was losing weight like crazy thanks to the slow drain of resources in the population centers he passed through. Eventually, he began to hunt animals, learning how to clean them properly and what not, sometimes even using simple traps. After the fourth year, he left St. Louis. At least, to see if he had any family left in Kansas.

He didn't really think he had any family left. He did find out that his cousin and her husband were alive, and they were even thriving, but he decided to not burden them even further. They were already living with three others in one house. He decided that traveling north to Nebraska, perhaps even going as far as South Dakota. Omaha wasn't much better, though, he could at least find abundant food. For the next several years he kept hearing mention of a safe zone in Des Moines, Iowa. Eventually, in Year Twelve of this New World, he decided that it was finally time. He traveled to Des Moines. He was finally here. Hopefully, he could have a new life.
Specific skills:
  • Skilled Hunter
  • Skilled in the art of Stealth and Concealment
  • Skilled Scavenger
  • Adept Marksman with a Bow
  • Adept Hand-to-Hand fighter
Previous RP Samples: There we are
Other Notes: Sam is a little bit...mentally unstable. After seeing most, if not all, of his friends dead or dying he has little left in the way of sanity. He hasn't been attached to anyone for the past twelve years, mostly living in his self-imposed isolation. When he does become attached, however, he latches on and doesn't want to let go. A new friend or loved one's death would surely break his sanity.

Application
Name: Julietta Urmanton
Appearance:

Clothing:
ImageImageImage
Its ofcourse in a worse quality then shown.

Weapons and Ammo: A sword

Equipment: Wok, matche box, Bottle with Carbon filter, Blanket, a backpack, Cigaretts, 6 cans of dry food
Biography: She was born in Paris, but her parents moved to America when she was three. She went to school in Washington D.C. and grew up in the city. Her parents belonged to the upper class and where well known around the D.C. area for their skills as diplomats. Julietta was 9 when the outbreak happend. It was 1 week before her Birthday. Her mother and father where diplomats, so they took the girl with them to the French embassy.

Three weeks later, the embassy was stormed and her parents where killed and she was then put in the care of the French ambassador. The Ambassador had arranged for him to be picked up by helicopter and the group departed for Annapolis. When they arrived at the pick up site, the helicopter got damaged when a American soldier accidentally fired upon it. The Helicopter crashed violently and a part of its window hit Julietta in the leg, rendering her unable to walk without support since. Since then they have live in America and survived.

Julietta traveld with the Ambassador for the next seven years before he died of old age. She gave him as proper a burial as she could and has since been surviving on her own and has made it to Des Moines. She is known among the survivors for being quite friendly, despite her experiences.
Specific skills: Swordfighting, Cooking
Previous RP Samples:Those Left Behind
Other Notes: Julietta smokes andd does have adequate experience with firearms

Finally! AFter six crashes. Is it ok now?

Application
Name: Travis Winter
Appearance: Here
Clothing: Dark blue jeans, worn out leather boots, black shirt and sweater, dark gray heavy stained corduroy jacket.
Weapons and Ammo: Compound bow with a quiver of ten arrows. A woodcutter's ax, two daggers, and a mostly empty Taurus .357 Magnum Model 605 with a single round in it. Just in case.
Equipment: Straight razor, small first aid kit with most of it missing except for some bandages, needle and thread, a broken watch, shoe strings, an almost empty bottle of rubbing alcohol, a heavy flask of water, five dented cans of processed food, a small pack of jerky. All in a ragged backpack with a broken strap tied in a knot.
Biography: Travis was a college student when the zombies took everything away from him. He was going to be a student councilor, help kids adjust as they went through life. He had a fiancee, a pretty girl with her own bright plans for the future. He was going to build a life with her, maybe have some kids, a suburb home. A dog. That all ended like a dream, a puff of smoke and it was gone. The next thing he remembered was on a refugee train from Nashville heading into the Midwest, surrounded by hundreds of other shell shock survivors, some moaning quietly as they grieved in agony and loss. Some were as numb as he.

He still can't remember her name.

Travis, after getting off the train at Memphis, bounced from one place to the next, learning the hard way to survive in a world where everything had gone mad. He stole and murdered his way into the wilderness, resolving he would remain from people as much as possible. There were times, especially the first winters after the Event, that he felt he was on the edge of taking his own life, but he never built up the courage to do it, and somehow he survived. He adapted. He became leaner, tougher, stronger.

Eventually, he found himself outside of Des Moines making his way towards the safe zone. Out of some necessary equipment, he hopes to barter his skills for what he needs.
Specific skills: Being from Tennessee, Travis was raised hunting and fishing, and is good at both. He is a good archer, and even better with the ax he keeps in case he runs into the occasional undead. A skilled tracker, he also knows how to survive in the deep wilderness where a man must live on only his wits.
Previous RP Samples: Your World, Your World II, 2103 Remnant of an Age.
Other Notes: He speaks with a somewhat muted Southern accent.

Group Statistics

Genders
Male:
Female:

Food and Water
Lowest Amount:
Highest Amount:
Average Amount:

Weapons and Ammo:
Ranged:
Melee:
Highest Ammo:
Lowest Ammo:
Average Ammo:
Last edited by New Armarzia on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

The United Soviet Socialist Republic
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Soviet Socialist Republic » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:40 pm

I shall make an APP later. I am very busy at the moment.
Gay and Proudand also a brony
Political Compass:Left: 7.76, Authoritarian: 5.6
I am: Fascist/Corporatist on economy,
Conservative on social issues(Support same sex marriage),
Anti secularist on religion,
Anti-Republican on government,
Interventionist/Imperialist on international issues

Tsium Tau
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsium Tau » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Application
Appearance:

Clothing:4 pairs of green scrubs, running shoes, winter fur coat,ushanka
Weapons and Ammo: Serrated knife, scalpel, Lee Enfield Rifle 7.62mm 2A1, 14 bullets
Equipment: Tent, flashlight, Large doctors bag (2x bottle Hydrocodone, 2x bottle Pentazocine, 2x bottle Methadone, 1x bottle Azithromycin, 1x bottle Furazolidone, 1x bottle Bacitracin, 1x bottle Trovafloxacin,
Graspers, such as forceps
Clamps and occluders for blood vessels and other organs
Retractors, used to spread open skin, ribs and other tissue
Distractors, positioners and stereotactic devices
Mechanical cutters (scalpels, lancets, drill bits, rasps, trocars, Ligasure, Harmonic scalpel etc.)
Dilators and specula, for access to narrow passages or incisions
Suction tips and tubes, for removal of bodily fluids
Sealing devices, such as surgical staplers
Irrigation and injection needles, tips and tubes, for introducing fluid
Tyndallers, to help "wedge" open damaged tissues in the brain.
Scopes and probes
Measurement devices, such as rulers and calipers),
3 weeks dried food

Biography:
Brief bio: Allan Grimmsön was born to Danish emigrants in Bloomington, Indiana. His father found work as a software engineer working for a Pharmaceutical company. From a young age he was facinated by the sciences and spent most of his childhood playing "battle field medic" with his friends. His grades were exceptional throughout high school and college thereby earning him a solid scholarship fund, and a place at the prestigious George Washington University. Upon graduation he received letters of interest from several hospitals, but he finally decided on "Our Lady of Mercy" in Des moines, Iowa. For a long time Allan didn't really have a reason for choosing Des moines. It always just felt like something he needed to do. Like a natural decision, and to think otherwise was ludicrous.

Doctor Grimmsön worked for many years in the hospital. He was there until it was overrun by the undead, only escaping by locking himself in the operating room and escaping through the ventilation system. Allan's parents were dead when he reached their home. The infected had broken in and consumed both of them. But when Allan was almost all the way out the door he heard a noise from the back of the house. Curious, he investigated. He found his young sister hiding in the attic as a zombie below was trying to figure out the easiest way to get up there. Without hesitation Allan took one of the large meat cleavers from the kitchen and slashed the zombies throat. His sister and him have been on the road ever since.

Previous RP Samples:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=15423449#p15423449

Other Notes:
Last edited by Tsium Tau on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Got an app in the works, I'll probably post it later tonight.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Tsium Tau wrote:Application
Appearance:
Clothing:4 pairs of green scrubs, running shoes
Weapons and Ammo: Serrated knife, scalpel,hunting rifle
Equipment: Tent, flashlight, Large doctors bag (Full of pain killers, anti biotics, and misc surgery equipment), 3 weeks dried food
Biography:

Other Notes:

Pretty much accepted, just three things, maybe four. The first thing is you may want to get yourself a coat or heavy clothes os some kind as it can snow pretty hard in Des Moines from time to time. Your weapons, I am going to need a model of rifle or at least let me know what kind of bullet it uses and i need to know how much bullets you have so I can track it in the RP. That way I can know when you need to scavenge for ammo. As for the doctors bag, I am fine with you not being specific about it...I am not medical wiz, but do know after you use it so often I will eventually declare it empty.

Everything looks fine, I just need a lot of specifics, also go ahead and make an app for your character's sister if you want have her around so I know all her stuff. You can RP her or I can RP her if you want, but i just need to know what she looks like and what she uses.

So you're in, just make the edits so I can I know what you got...and before editing double check your equipment to see if you forgot anything, I don't think you did, but everything you say you have is all you have at the start.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

Nu Sparta
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nu Sparta » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Tagging for App

If anything I may make the choice for solo adventure due to the fact that I have my two weeks for the guard coming up at the end of next week. I don't know if I'll have internet aces while I'm there so if I'm solo it'll be easier to kill off my character without effecting the main group.

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Application
Appearance:

Sneakers
Fabric belt
Leather aviation jacket

Equipment:Standard Hiking backpack, water bottle, pen and paper, a small roll of band-aids, 2 batteries, a small flashlight
Biography: Samuel was born in Denver, Colorado. He was 11 years old when the infection began to spread. His father, an armyman, left for Omaha along with his mother and uncle (a former general) at age 12. There, Samuel and his family were highly respected, his uncle the head of there military forces, with his father in 2nd command. Samuel was popular among the other survivors for his charismatic leadership, and was expected to become the fort's leader once he got older.

Up until two months ago, the fort lived relatively unexposed to the outside world. After an assault on their base by a local gang ensued, Samuel and his uncle attempted to flank the attackers, and he became the only survivor of the car wreck that ensued, as well as the fort. Samuel, devastated by this loss, cosidered suicide for days, before deciding to survive as long as possible in his family's name. Determined to be rid of the memories of his past and escape the infected hordes, Samuel set off for Boston, hoping beyond hope that something was there.
Specific skills: Small, quiet, thin. Able to scout locations very well, is an excellent negotiator. Fast runner. Has good moral and intentions, and excellent judge of character (Being a diplomat, he is also very skilled with women)
Previous RP Samples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=235711 , http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=240045 , http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=233174
Last edited by Aona on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:^)

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Nu Sparta wrote:Tagging for App

If anything I may make the choice for solo adventure due to the fact that I have my two weeks for the guard coming up at the end of next week. I don't know if I'll have internet aces while I'm there so if I'm solo it'll be easier to kill off my character without effecting the main group.

I'm fine with negatively effecting the group :P

Especially since I think we may have quite a bit signing up...if we don't get much I will put you on solo, if we have more than ten I am fine with you going with the group than splitting off if you go inactive and possibly death if you have to stop. Just try to let me know before hand when things happen.

Aona wrote:Application
Appearance:
Sneakers
Fabric belt
Leather aviation jacket
Biography: Samuel was born in Denver, Colorado. He was 11 years old when the infection began to spread. His father, an armyman, left for Omaha along with his mother and uncle (a former general) at age 12. Up until two months ago, the Vernons lived relatively unexposed to the outside world. After an assault on their base, however, Samuel and his uncle attempted to flank the attackers, and he became the only survivor of the car wreck that ensued, as well as the fort. Determined to be rid of the memories of his past and escape the infected hordes, Samuel set off for Boston, hoping beyond hope that something was there.
Specific skills: Small, quiet, thin. Able to scout locations very well, is an excellent negotiator. Fast runner. (Being a diplomat, he is also very skilled with women)

Almost accepted, you need two paragraphs for the bio :P everything is fine, but I made it a requirement so just to be fair :P

once you add that you are good, really like the ammo with no gun, am looking for stuff like that in apps. but you are good for Co-OP,

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:28 pm

edited :)
:^)

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Aona wrote:edited :)

Alright, it all checked out and put you in the accepted list, currently it is a lonely list.

Tsium Tau
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsium Tau » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:50 pm

edited. Hope I fixed your concerns.

New Cinoth
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cinoth » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Application
Appearance:

Weapons and Ammo:

Biography: Seth was only eight when the world went mad. First the infected swarmed over the countryside. Then came the looters, they broke into every house, taking anything they could get their hands on. A group broke into Seth's house. His mother carried the frightened child upstairs and set him within the closet. Seth watched as his family was killed by the looters. Seth ran hard and fast, using his smaller frame as an advantage to escape the looters.

Years passed and Seth has been surviving ever since. A few people have seen him and dubbed him "The Ghost Child" because by the time they arrived to see if he needed help he had vanished. Over time Seth began to move faster and much softer than many others in this new world, he fed himself by slipping in and out of camps, stealing what he could. Recently Seth acquired a new knife, his last having broke in an infected's skull. However as Seth watched people he began to feel curious at how these "loud ones" survived. He followed the scouting party back towards the city of Des moines.

Other Notes: Seth has had no experience handling guns or other projectile weapons.
I am the insane goddess of Pseudo-Reality! My power is beyond logic.
This nation does represent my views on politics.
I run on pure 100% Nightmare Fuel!
The Cuil Theory
Elipida wrote:All Hail The Great Tofu King

BettaMin wrote:Cinoth is above grammar. And spelling. Don't question her power.

Solmakia wrote:
New Cinoth wrote:With the correct sauces anything tastes good! So go on ahead.... I'm just warming up my giant grill.

I declare war on you for your capitalist urges to eat children!

Senkaku wrote:Cinoth, unstable? I'd never have guessed... :p

Wyztrkstan wrote:First rule: Never trust NC. :p

Inquilabstan: A mix of brutal and kawaii. Like an uber metal kitten.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Tsium Tau wrote:edited. Hope I fixed your concerns.

Just need an amount of bullets, don't be too crazy with it. Preferably for everyone starting ammo must be below 30 in total...but I would prefer much less to show use over twelve years.

New Cinoth wrote:Application
Appearance:
Weapons and Ammo:

Accepted, however my zombies don't tire from running and have great hearing so they will probably catch you if your plan is to outrun them, hiding or out smarting is the best options. However, against human groups your skills will be very useful.

New Cinoth
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cinoth » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Yeah, he's meant to survive by hiding and staying out of the way, not running.
I am the insane goddess of Pseudo-Reality! My power is beyond logic.
This nation does represent my views on politics.
I run on pure 100% Nightmare Fuel!
The Cuil Theory
Elipida wrote:All Hail The Great Tofu King

BettaMin wrote:Cinoth is above grammar. And spelling. Don't question her power.

Solmakia wrote:
New Cinoth wrote:With the correct sauces anything tastes good! So go on ahead.... I'm just warming up my giant grill.

I declare war on you for your capitalist urges to eat children!

Senkaku wrote:Cinoth, unstable? I'd never have guessed... :p

Wyztrkstan wrote:First rule: Never trust NC. :p

Inquilabstan: A mix of brutal and kawaii. Like an uber metal kitten.

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Application
Name: Benjamin Coolage
Appearance:

Clothing: old denim jacket, a pair of sweatpants and a rope belt, and a pair of beat-up old hiking boots. Everything is duly reinforced with duct tape.
Weapons and Ammo: A ninjato(ad whetting stone), a homemade crossbow(homemade quills, as well), and a desert eagle(x25 ammo, at the moment)
Equipment: bowie knife, firestarter, tent, wok, radio, 20m rope, a few rolls of duct tape, mosquito netting, and a heavy-duty water filtration system
Biography: Ben was an only child, born to a middle-class couple who both worked all day, so he tended to play outside as a small child in his hometown near Des Moines. When the zombie apocalypse struck Des Moines, he bought some of the essentials(he was one of those people who has a zombie survival plan) and hiked far out of town, making a small hidden shelter free from zombies. He has gone back into town periodically to get more supplies, but for the most part is living alone in the wilderness.
Specific skills: Nothing in particular. He's just very adaptable.
Previous RP Samples: I'll fetch 'em later, sir.
Other Notes: This guy might be the first to die, since he's really not made for long-distance travel.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Untied Rements of the Alphas
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untied Rements of the Alphas » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Shnercropolis wrote:Application
Name: Benjamin Coolage
Appearance:
Clothing: old denim jacket, a pair of sweatpants and a rope belt, and a pair of beat-up old hiking boots. Everything is duly reinforced with duct tape.
Weapons and Ammo: A ninjato(ad whetting stone), a homemade crossbow(homemade quills, as well), and a desert eagle(x25 ammo, at the moment)
Equipment: bowie knife, firestarter, tent, wok, radio, 20m rope, a few rolls of duct tape, mosquito netting, and a heavy-duty water filtration system
Biography: Ben was an only child, born to a middle-class couple who both worked all day, so he tended to play outside as a small child in his hometown near Des Moines. When the zombie apocalypse struck Des Moines, he bought some of the essentials(he was one of those people who has a zombie survival plan) and hiked far out of town, making a small hidden shelter free from zombies. He has gone back into town periodically to get more supplies, but for the most part is living alone in the wilderness.
Specific skills: Nothing in particular. He's just very adaptable.
Previous RP Samples: I'll fetch 'em later, sir.
Other Notes: This guy might be the first to die, since he's really not made for long-distance travel.

Just to let you know you need at least two paragraphs.

Untied Rements of the Alphas
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untied Rements of the Alphas » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Name: Max Goodwill
Appearance:dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, medium size(I'll leave the rest so people can be creative here)
Clothing: 2 pairs of green shirts, 1 pair of jeans, a baseball hat, jacket made out of furs
Weapons and Ammo: makeshift bow with no arrows,dull machete, and a very large homemade knife
Equipment: a wolf named Ted(long story with that), herbal meds, and a small backpack. Have some rabbit meat, 8 canned food items, 3 canteens of water and some flint.
Biography: Max was in the marines when the outbreak happened. His team was deployed to Indiana to help with quarantine efforts and eradication of the undead. Everything was good until one day a alarm went off in his base and he woke up alone to hear gunshots. The base was overrun with the undead and his best friends were dead or undead. The last of his team were holed up in a market near the base and they needed him. He picked up a LMG and ran to the market guns blazing ,but when he got there they were dead. Max knew that he should run ,but he stood there and he readied his mind to be torn apart. He then felt his hand grabbed by someone and soon he found himself running besides a hooded figure. When they got to a safe area, the hooded figure removed the hood to reveal a young female girl with golden hair and eyes. After explaining how she remembered nothing from her past and haven't encountering a living creature such she woke up in hospital. Max also explained what happened such the outbreak and they both agreed to be partners.

Ten years later have shown that the infection has grown out of control with stories of strange creatures, none of switch turned out to be true. They lived in the woods near the ruins of Fort Wayne, many zombies there were inside the former quarantine and couldn't get out because most paths were blocked making the surrounding area safe for the most part. One day Max and the hooded figure, now named Kat, were hunting for game when they heard a howl and they both went to it to find out what happen. When they got there a wolf pack was engaged with a horde of undead, the pair decided to move on ,but somehow a pup managed to get through the fighting and it followed them. In an unspoken agreement they kept it with them.

Two years later a drought and a harsh winter left the woods in disarray and the many animals were either dead or undead. Hearing stories about a quarantine zone in Des Moines still intact, Max, Kat, and Ted(the pup) traveled to Des Moines. They are outside Des Moines and this is where their story begins.
Specific skills: Smart, good with hand to hand combat, good with firearms, has experience in gardening ,he's also a spider money(pig!) as in he can climb good
Previous RP Samples:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=247027&p=15138218&sid=981d416f4a9aade888e04a0ad3cbb46a#p15138218(Two are on here) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=247027&p=15198084&sid=e24c26771a8c59d958d6475da10c18d6#p15198084(Same forum)
Other Notes: Want to go solo until my little group gets near the walls. I'll also make Kats app later on.
Weaknesses: He's loyal to his group to the end, he would rather avoid people than find out if they're hostile, he tends to snooze off when on guard duty.
Last edited by Untied Rements of the Alphas on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Armarzia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:41 pm

I will check through the apps tomorrow and want to give y'all a chance to edit. Under equipment include how much food and water you have, you don't have to be overly detailed but include how long it will last. If you don't put it down I will assume you have none and than you will have to scavenge...or die. I will kill players if Ibfeel it is themost realistic outcome.

Also, any human companions such as friends or relatives need apps to so iI know their equipment and appearance...'prettier' people may cause more wilder groups to target you.

Principality of Gheb
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of Gheb » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Application
Name: Lucina Kooly
Appearance:

Clothing: 2 white tank tops, 1 white fleece hoodie, 1 pair black denim jeans, insulated steel-toe leather boots, white fleece gloves

Weapons and Ammo: Winchester .22 rifle-20 rounds, S&W .357 Magnum-2 rounds, 8 6in throwing knives, 1 tomahawk, 1 aluminum softball bat.
Equipment: Stainless steel mag-light, 2 sets of batteries, tent, 10ft rope, sleeping bag, purple jansport bookbag, 2 gallon canteen(full), 2 days worth of food

Biography: Lucina lived the normal life before the zombie apocalypse happened. She attended grade school, sang in choir, and went to the range with her father; you know typical girl things. Her father had bought a pink camo .22 rifle for her 11th birthday, the perfect present for an up-and-coming markswomen, as the zombie epidemic broke out just two weeks later. She had rushed home from school to find her zombiefied parents. Sadly enough, Lucina had killed what had used to be her parents that day.

Lucina worked her way up the ranks of the survivors, often times volunteering to go on scavenging missions for food and supplies for the Quarantine Zone. She has spent time training newly of age adults how to properly shoot, and scavenge outside the Safe Zone. Most recently she has been named a Scavenger Leader, and commands her own 4 man squad.

Specific skills:Markswomen, good scavenger for food and materials

Previous RP Samples: I'll post them soon

Other Notes: Lucina is cold and calculating; she has no problems with killing someone to protect herself, and in rare cases others. Known as the "Red Devil" by the National Guard, and goes by "Red" when around children or people she doesn't know/trust.
Last edited by Principality of Gheb on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Fedora-
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby -Fedora- » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:01 am

Application
Name: Mason Brown
Appearance: He is quite broad and short but bears it well due to his ever advancing years and he suffers from an atrocious case of 5 o'clock shadow and unkempt hair due to unreliable grooming tools
Clothing: As he was naked when he realised that the dead roamed the land, he has fashioned himself a robe from whatever he was able to scavenge
Weapons and Ammo: A crafted bow and several arrows alongside a similarly crafted stone knife with a roughly carved wooden handle
Equipment: Three canteens fashioned of various animal hides and the occasional leaf filled with water and he a satchel of similar materials filled with whatever food he has been able to find on his travels
Biography: Mason grew up in rural Maine where his father taught him the basics of wilderness survival yet as he grew older his interest in such pursuits waned and when he came of age he left his families homestead and travelled to Portland to work as a teacher at Lincoln Middle School. His daily life rapidly became quite monotonous and he found himself seeking the thrill of the outdoors as he had once done when he was a child, that was until he met his soul mate. Married life for Mason did not last long as the outbreak that devastated the world did not take long to reach Portland, Maine. Forced to watch, helpless, as his wife was torn apart his mind reversed to it's childhood state in an attempt to escape the horrors before him yet this worked to his advantage as he quickly recalled everything his father had taught him. He used these skills to escape the city and head for his family home.
Specific skills: He was a teacher so should be a competent leader but due to his fragile mentality this is not the case however he does have quite good grasp of wilderness survival
Previous RP Samples:
Other Notes: None
-'Dora-, -Fuck- Yeah-!!!

Ravenflight
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravenflight » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:21 am

Tag
I'm PANGENDER
ONE NATION TORIES ARE 1% SUPPORTERS
By our Ancestors, For our Children. Join the Viking Party
My Political Beliefs
Senator Daniel Björn

Danvark
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Danvark » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:03 am

Application
Name: Jason Woods
Appearance:

Clothing: 1 pair of black-waterproof hiking boots, 3 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of cargo trousers(one black, one grey), 4 t-shirts(2 black, 2 white), 1 grey heavy sweater, a light waterproof jacket
Weapons and Ammo:
-10 FCM Scout (14 rounds of ammo)
-12" crowbar
-32 rounds of 9mm ammo
-12 shotgun shells
-Serrated Knife
Equipment:
-Box of 12 AA batteries
-8ft length of rope
-2 rolls of duct tape
-Bottled Water
-3kg bag of 'quick oats'
-Small aluminium dish (like a mess kit)
-Razor with 5 spare heads
-Shaving cream
-Toothbrush
-Scissors
-Large SwissGear Backpack
Biography:
Jason was ten when the outbreak happened so he hasn't got many memories of life in the old world. From what he can gather, he lived in a quiet suburban neighbourhood like any middle-class family. His father was a State Trooper and as such he got him heavily involved with sports from a young age. His mother kept her own little floral shop.

When the outbreak struck, Jason's father was called in as the majority of police were. He gave clear instructions before he left for Jason and his mother. They took his gun and headed to the safe zone where he reassured them he would meet up with them, but he never did. Jason's mother took her own life several months after entering the camp after developing severe depression.

From then on Jason became a bit hostile, he liked the company of a select few people. He often got heavily involved in any work projects going on in the zone in an attempt to distract himself from everything - the years of manual labour have payed off however as it has left him quite toned and built. After turning 22 a number of weeks ago he realised he hasn't experienced the outside world much and made the decision to leave the Quarantine Zone.

Specific skills: No real 'skills' in particular but he is quite strong and quite fit stamina-wise. His work in the camp has left him with a knowledge in construction also.
Previous RP Samples: World Conflict, Remnants of an Age (Both on account my other nation, Aera)
Other Notes: Jason, as said, can be quite hostile and he enjoys the company of any a select few people - which he usually decides based on how well they can help him survive. Despite this he is known to be generous for doing favours, a habit he developed in order to get more work to distract himself from general life.
Last edited by Danvark on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Max Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:32 am

Application
Name: Julietta Urmanton
Appearance:

Clothing:
Its ofcourse in a worse quality then shown.

Weapons and Ammo: A rapier

Equipment: Wok, matche box, Bottle with Carbon filter, Blanket, a backpack
Biography: She was born in Paris, but her parents moved to America when she was three. She went to school in Washington D.C. and grew up in the city. Her parents belonged to the upper class and where well known around the D.C. area for their skills as diplomats. Julietta was 9 when the outbreak happend. It was 1 week before her Birthday. Her mother and father where diplomats, so they took the girl with them to the French embassy.

Three weeks later, the embassy was stormed and her parents where killed and she was then put in the care of the French ambassador. The Ambassador had arranged for him to be picked up by helicopter and the group departed for Annapolis. When they arrived at the pick up site, the helicopter got damaged when a American soldier accidentally fired upon it. The Helicopter crashed violently and a part of its window hit Julietta in the leg, rendering her unable to walk without support since. Since then they have live in America and survived.

Julietta traveld with the Ambassador for the next seven years before he died of old age. She gave him as proper a burial as she could and has since been surviving on her own and has made it to Des Moines. She is known among the survivors for being quite friendly, despite her experiences.
Specific skills: Swordfighting, Cooking
Previous RP Samples:Those Left Behind
Other Notes: Julietta smokes andd does have adequate experience with firearms
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44
23 year old Pansexual Swiss Male from Switzerland, loves history, economics and politics

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:28 am

As I said, I'd be happy to RP some of the zombies. Where are you drawing the inspiration for them from, offhand?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:48 am

Application
Name: Travis Winter
Appearance: Here
Clothing: Dark blue jeans, worn out leather boots, black shirt and sweater, dark gray heavy stained corduroy jacket.
Weapons and Ammo: Compound bow with a quiver of twenty arrows. A woodcutter's ax, two daggers, and an empty revolver with a single round in it. Just in case.
Equipment: Straight razor, small first aid kit with most of it missing, needle and thread, a broken watch, shoe strings, an almost empty bottle of rubbing alcohol, a heavy flask of water, five dented cans of processed food, a small pack of jerky.
Biography: Travis was a college student when the zombies took everything away from him. He was going to be a student councilor, help kids adjust as they went through life. He had a fiancee, a pretty girl with her own bright plans for the future. He was going to build a life with her, maybe have some kids, a suburb home. A dog. That all ended like a dream, a puff of smoke and it was gone. The next thing he remembered was on a refugee train from Nashville heading into the Midwest, surrounded by hundreds of other shell shock survivors, some moaning quietly as they grieved in agony and loss. Some were as numb as he.

He still can't remember her name.

Travis, after getting off the train at Memphis, bounced from one place to the next, learning the hard way to survive in a world where everything had gone mad. He stole and murdered his way into the wilderness, resolving he would remain from people as much as possible. There were times, especially the first winters after the Event, that he felt he was on the edge of taking his own life, but he never built up the courage to do it, and somehow he survived. He adapted. He became leaner, tougher, stronger.
Specific skills: Being from Tennessee, Travis was raised hunting and fishing, and is good at both. He is a good archer, and even better with the ax he keeps in case he runs into the occasional undead. A skilled tracker, he also knows how to survive in the deep wilderness where a man must live on only his wits.
Previous RP Samples: Your World, Your World II, 2103 Remnant of an Age.
Other Notes:
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse