NATION

PASSWORD

The Great Literary War (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:27 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Eat it you did not." Yoda told him. "Your name what is?" Yoda asked, not wanting his omniscient overlord to have to type out 'the man' all the time.

"I did not." Geralt confirms with a nod, "I prefer not to put filth into my mouth." He finally told the creature, blunt as he could. "Geralt of Rivia. Most people call me Geralt, or the butcher, or pale freak." The words were spoken in a mere informative tone. "And what might your name be?"

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Eat it you did not." Yoda told him. "Your name what is?" Yoda asked, not wanting his omniscient overlord to have to type out 'the man' all the time.

"I did not." Geralt confirms with a nod, "I prefer not to put filth into my mouth." He finally told the creature, blunt as he could. "Geralt of Rivia. Most people call me Geralt, or the butcher, or pale freak." The words were spoken in a mere informative tone. "And what might your name be?"

"Yoda." Yoda told Geralt. "Jedi I am. Read Star Wars, you should." Yoda told him.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Economic: -5.25
Social: -2.21
Join Oceanside!
Me: ODsT?
Sauritican: Orbital Drop shock Troopers from Halo?
Me: What does a ring around an angel's head have to do with anything?
Sauritican: dat video game foo :p
Me: I guess you are also gonna tell me how "Call of Duty- Wet Wipes Revenge" is educational, too?

If I am not on, it is likely because I am doing RL stuff. Sorry!

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:32 pm

The Order of Chaos Chao wrote:Realizing that that wasn't Sauron, but Arthur, V corrected himself and simply stated "Oh, Arthur, it's you. Sorry about that. The Lee Wing is getting to me."

Tobias shook his head and looked down from his perch. <I think that guy has a few screws loose> he commented to V. The hawk nothlit was still bored. The encounter with Arthur had really done nothing for him, and to be honest, it just made him think the king was either crazy, or just plain stupid.

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:35 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Yoda." Yoda told Geralt. "Jedi I am. Read Star Wars, you should." Yoda told him.

"I know that name." Geralt told Yoda, looking rather bitter now, "I doubt you know any of my stories though." A sigh crept past his lips, "Never did gather many followers. Certainly not of my books." There was a mixture of contempt, sadness, and bitterness in his voice, but none were particularly prominent.

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Yoda." Yoda told Geralt. "Jedi I am. Read Star Wars, you should." Yoda told him.

"I know that name." Geralt told Yoda, looking rather bitter now, "I doubt you know any of my stories though." A sigh crept past his lips, "Never did gather many followers. Certainly not of my books." There was a mixture of contempt, sadness, and bitterness in his voice, but none were particularly prominent.

"Read half of the books in the library in my spare time, I did." Yoda told him. "Book you were in what was?" Yoda asked.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!
Me: I guess you are also gonna tell me how "Call of Duty- Wet Wipes Revenge" is educational, too?

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Read half of the books in the library in my spare time, I did." Yoda told him. "Book you were in what was?" Yoda asked.

"Several." Geralt answered, still sounding peeved, "Most of them written in Polish. You might have read The Last Wish, if any at all. He did not expect Yoda to have read his book at all. Of the two halves of the library, his books were likely to land in the unread half for this jedi.

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Read half of the books in the library in my spare time, I did." Yoda told him. "Book you were in what was?" Yoda asked.

"Several." Geralt answered, still sounding peeved, "Most of them written in Polish. You might have read The Last Wish, if any at all. He did not expect Yoda to have read his book at all. Of the two halves of the library, his books were likely to land in the unread half for this jedi.

"Reading that book right now I am. Okay it is, so far." Yoda told him, showing Geralt how far he was in the book. He was about one-third down with it.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:10 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Reading that book right now I am. Okay it is, so far." Yoda told him, showing Geralt how far he was in the book. He was about one-third down with it.

"Then you're in the middle of my encounter with Nivellan, I suppose. "A Grain of Truth," as the author called it. Fitting name." Now, his experience involving Nivellan was one that he could smile about, "Good man, he was. I enjoyed my time in his house. Strange as it could be at times." He frowned still, thinking about the end of the story, "I almost felt pity for him."

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Reading that book right now I am. Okay it is, so far." Yoda told him, showing Geralt how far he was in the book. He was about one-third down with it.

"Then you're in the middle of my encounter with Nivellan, I suppose. "A Grain of Truth," as the author called it. Fitting name." Now, his experience involving Nivellan was one that he could smile about, "Good man, he was. I enjoyed my time in his house. Strange as it could be at times." He frowned still, thinking about the end of the story, "I almost felt pity for him."

"SPOIL MUST YOU NOT!" Yoda warned him, putting a hand on his lightsaber. He wanted to read the book, and not have a summary.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!

The Order of Chaos Chao
Envoy

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of Chaos Chao » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
The Order of Chaos Chao wrote:Realizing that that wasn't Sauron, but Arthur, V corrected himself and simply stated "Oh, Arthur, it's you. Sorry about that. The Lee Wing is getting to me."

Tobias shook his head and looked down from his perch. <I think that guy has a few screws loose> he commented to V. The hawk nothlit was still bored. The encounter with Arthur had really done nothing for him, and to be honest, it just made him think the king was either crazy, or just plain stupid.

V remained (as always) remained expressionless. "And why would that be?"
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.21

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:26 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"SPOIL MUST YOU NOT!" Yoda warned him, putting a hand on his lightsaber. He wanted to read the book, and not have a summary.

"That's my life you're reading." Geralt pointed out, unfazed by the outburst. It seemed irrational to him that anyone could worry about spoilers in a library of book characters. After all, every book's story was someone's memory here, "It's a bit difficult not to recount when those memories are planted in your head."

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"SPOIL MUST YOU NOT!" Yoda warned him, putting a hand on his lightsaber. He wanted to read the book, and not have a summary.

"That's my life you're reading." Geralt pointed out, unfazed by the outburst. It seemed irrational to him that anyone could worry about spoilers in a library of book characters. After all, every book's story was someone's memory here, "It's a bit difficult not to recount when those memories are planted in your head."

"Spoil must you not nonetheless." Yoda told him. "Your favorite character, who was?" Yoda asked.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:32 pm

The Order of Chaos Chao wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:Tobias shook his head and looked down from his perch. <I think that guy has a few screws loose> he commented to V. The hawk nothlit was still bored. The encounter with Arthur had really done nothing for him, and to be honest, it just made him think the king was either crazy, or just plain stupid.

V remained (as always) remained expressionless. "And why would that be?"

<Well, for one thing, he didn't even realize we were in the cross-sections of three different wings of the library> he said, <Plus, you'd think since he's probably a couple hundred years old or so that he'd be talking with "Ye" or "Thou" or some other old English crap.>

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:37 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Spoil must you not nonetheless." Yoda told him. "Your favorite character, who was?" Yoda asked.

"In my own books you mean?" Geralt pondered this odd question. He did not have "favorites," he had friends. The characters on those pages were very real in his mind, and certainly existed within the library. Still he answers as truthfully as he can. "Dandelion, Yennefer, and Ciri." He told the jedi, "They've all been very good to me in my time. Dandelion can make poor decisions though. He doesn't touch things I tell him not to anymore though."

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Spoil must you not nonetheless." Yoda told him. "Your favorite character, who was?" Yoda asked.

"In my own books you mean?" Geralt pondered this odd question. He did not have "favorites," he had friends. The characters on those pages were very real in his mind, and certainly existed within the library. Still he answers as truthfully as he can. "Dandelion, Yennefer, and Ciri." He told the jedi, "They've all been very good to me in my time. Dandelion can make poor decisions though. He doesn't touch things I tell him not to anymore though."

"Ah." Yoda told him. "Your favorite star wars character if you read it, who is?" Yoda asked. He always liked Wicket, and Ewok in the battle of Endor the best.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:47 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Ah." Yoda told him. "Your favorite star wars character if you read it, who is?" Yoda asked. He always liked Wicket, and Ewok in the battle of Endor the best.

There was something very detached about this hermit. Moreso than himself. He did not know very much about Star Wars, so instead he asked his own question, "Did you have any friends in your stories? Anyone you cared for?" He asked Yoda.

The Order of Chaos Chao
Envoy

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of Chaos Chao » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
The Order of Chaos Chao wrote:V remained (as always) remained expressionless. "And why would that be?"

<Well, for one thing, he didn't even realize we were in the cross-sections of three different wings of the library> he said, <Plus, you'd think since he's probably a couple hundred years old or so that he'd be talking with "Ye" or "Thou" or some other old English crap.>

"Ah. So thou art angry with King Arthur for the fact that he chose not to speak to thee in King's English?"
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.21

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Ah." Yoda told him. "Your favorite star wars character if you read it, who is?" Yoda asked. He always liked Wicket, and Ewok in the battle of Endor the best.

There was something very detached about this hermit. Moreso than himself. He did not know very much about Star Wars, so instead he asked his own question, "Did you have any friends in your stories? Anyone you cared for?" He asked Yoda.

"Many friends I had. Killed by an apprentice gone rouge they were." Yoda told him solemnly. He didn't like telling people about this, but he felt he had the obligation to.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:01 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Many friends I had. Killed by an apprentice gone rouge they were." Yoda told him solemnly. He didn't like telling people about this, but he felt he had the obligation to.

"I'm sorry." Geralt says with sympathy in his voice. The story would explain the detachment emitting from Yoda, and his clear lack of knowledge of how to talk to people. "That must have been difficult."

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Many friends I had. Killed by an apprentice gone rouge they were." Yoda told him solemnly. He didn't like telling people about this, but he felt he had the obligation to.

"I'm sorry." Geralt says with sympathy in his voice. The story would explain the detachment emitting from Yoda, and his clear lack of knowledge of how to talk to people. "That must have been difficult."

"Talk about it I don't like to." Yoda told him. "Happy ending there was in the end. Another jedi there was, and saved saved the apprentice of the dark side." Yoda told him. "Died I did before that happened, but read about it I did." Yoda responded.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:08 pm

The Order of Chaos Chao wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:<Well, for one thing, he didn't even realize we were in the cross-sections of three different wings of the library> he said, <Plus, you'd think since he's probably a couple hundred years old or so that he'd be talking with "Ye" or "Thou" or some other old English crap.>

"Ah. So thou art angry with King Arthur for the fact that he chose not to speak to thee in King's English?"

<Not really, I just thought it was weird> Tobias said. The bird-boy lowered himself down into a lower shelf and looked at V for a minute. <Just curious, aside from the political statement, what's with the mask> He had seen The man wondering around the library several times, but never bothered to start a conversation until now.

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:12 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Talk about it I don't like to." Yoda told him. "Happy ending there was in the end. Another jedi there was, and saved saved the apprentice of the dark side." Yoda told him. "Died I did before that happened, but read about it I did." Yoda responded.

"And you're chiding me for spoilers?" Geralt chastised the old hermit, half-jesting, "Where I come from we call that hypocrisy. You should be ashamed. You can't expect me to read about the adventures in your world now."

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Talk about it I don't like to." Yoda told him. "Happy ending there was in the end. Another jedi there was, and saved saved the apprentice of the dark side." Yoda told him. "Died I did before that happened, but read about it I did." Yoda responded.

"And you're chiding me for spoilers?" Geralt chastised the old hermit, half-jesting, "Where I come from we call that hypocrisy. You should be ashamed. You can't expect me to read about the adventures in your world now."

"Told me you didn't read it you should have. Much more there is to read after and before that." Yoda told him.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!

Cryptonius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptonius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:"Told me you didn't read it you should have. Much more there is to read after and before that." Yoda told him.

"You're still a hypocrite." Geralt continued to insist, clearly not about to be convinced otherwise. He sighed, "You're lucky though." He told Yoda with melancholy in his voice, "You'll probably be remembered a lot longer than I will."

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Cryptonius wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:"Told me you didn't read it you should have. Much more there is to read after and before that." Yoda told him.

"You're still a hypocrite." Geralt continued to insist, clearly not about to be convinced otherwise. He sighed, "You're lucky though." He told Yoda with melancholy in his voice, "You'll probably be remembered a lot longer than I will."

"Took me 1 year to read the rest of the series, I did. Many, many books there are." Yoda told him. "Remember you I will." Yoda told him sympathetically.
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Join Oceanside!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse