NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life - IC Part VIII [open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:28 am

"Ooh, classy.", Katya chuckled. She reached out and took his hand. "You may take this dance."

Suddenly, her phone started ringing. She blushed. "Um....just a second?"
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:31 am

Torsiedelle wrote:"Ooh, classy.", Katya chuckled. She reached out and took his hand. "You may take this dance."

Yoshi kicked the ground. "Sure, no problem."
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:33 am

Urran wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:"Ooh, classy.", Katya chuckled. She reached out and took his hand. "You may take this dance."

"M'kay, thanks."

She answered her phone. "Alo'? This is Miss Dimitrova speaking."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:34 am

Torsiedelle wrote:
Urran wrote:

"M'kay, thanks."

"Hi, good-lookin'. Not interrupting anything, I hope," Dora drawled, making a mental note of Katya's introduction.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:36 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:
"M'kay, thanks."

"Hi, good-lookin'. Not interrupting anything, I hope," Dora drawled, making a mental note of Katya's introduction.

"Oh, hello, Dora.", Katya said. "Well, me and Yoshi are spending some time together right now. Why?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:38 am

Torsiedelle wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

"Oh, hello, Dora.", Katya said. "Well, me and Yoshi are spending some time together right now. Why?"

There was a pause.

"I was hoping to talk to him for a bit. Some business to clear up, in person. Do you mind if I borrow him for a bit, or should I wait until you're done?"
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:40 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

There was a pause.

"I was hoping to talk to him for a bit. Some business to clear up, in person. Do you mind if I borrow him for a bit, or should I wait until you're done?"

"Um, let me ask him real quick."

She looked at Yoshi. "Dora wants to speak with you in person real quick. Do you wanna do it now, or later?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:44 am

Yoshi gave her a surprised look. He wondered what she wanted with him and assumed the worst. "N-now. I-i-if you don't mind."
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:45 am

Urran wrote:Yoshi gave her a surprised look. He wondered what she wanted with him and assumed the worst. "N-now. I-i-if you don't mind."

Katya smiled and nodded. "M'kay! I'll be waiting here."

She lifted up the phone. "Yoshi will speak now."
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:47 am

Torsiedelle wrote:
Urran wrote:Yoshi gave her a surprised look. He wondered what she wanted with him and assumed the worst. "N-now. I-i-if you don't mind."

"I-I think she meant face to face Katya." he said.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:48 am

Urran wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

"I-I think she meant face to face Katya." he said.

"I know. Oh, I forgot."

She spoke to Dora again. "He's with me, out back."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:50 am

Torsiedelle wrote:"I know. Oh, I forgot."

"Right. Tell him to meet me in the communal dining room, would you? I'll be there in a sec. Going to grab a few things first."

Dora hung up, and began strolling back to her apartment.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:53 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:"I know. Oh, I forgot."

"Right. Tell him to meet me in the communal dining room, would you? I'll be there in a sec. Going to grab a few things first."

Dora hung up, and began strolling back to her apartment.

"M'kay! Later!"

Katya hung up and turned back to Yoshi. "She said to meet her in the communal dining room, okay? I'll wait here."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:55 am

Yoshi smiled and stole a quick kiss with a blush and retreated to the communal dining room where he sat down. he didn't see Dora yet, so he started writing a journal about his feelings.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:00 am

Urran wrote:Yoshi smiled and stole a quick kiss with a blush and retreated to the communal dining room where he sat down. he didn't see Dora yet, so he started writing a journal about his feelings.

(Joint post - Urran/Tilt)

It was late afternoon, and the sunlight was transitioning gradually from pale yellow to vivid orange. The aura of the communal dining room was, on the whole, extremely quiet. A rare occurrence, to be sure, given the nature of the building's residents. Perhaps it was a lucky guess on her part; this kind of talk needed privacy.

"Hey, how're you doing?" came a familiar voice. Dora had strolled up from behind, then turned to face him. She was dressed in her usual informal style - cargo pants and T-shirt, with the barest outline of a tank top printed underneath the fabric of her shirt. The two bottles in her hands meant she had socializing in mind, as was habit with most Conservators or ex-Conservators. The subject and style of the socializing could be anything, but since she and Yoshi had little in common other than Katya, there was no doubt about what she was going to bring up.

"Drink?" she offered. "Hard lemonade for me, apple cider for you?"

She extended the golden bottle in her right hand, the beaded condensation clearly visible on it soaking into the fingerless leather glove.

The young Urranese man looked up from a small notebook partially covered in writing, partially in sheet music notation, and smiled gently at the woman. He already knew, of course, what she wanted and extended his hand to grab the cider. He then smoothed out a few wrinkles in his kimono to make himself more presentable. "Thank you," he said shyly, hoping that things would go well.

"'Course. I suppose you know why I'm here, so how about getting down to business?"

She sat down next to him and glanced sideways. "Think it's better to clear up this business about Katya that's getting us at odds, what? Far as I can see, neither of us is going to budge on that. Instead of sniping at each other like schoolkids, I figured we should talk it out like adults."

Yoshi sighed and braced himself for whatever needed to be said. His heart fluttered a bit in his chest. "O-okay," he replied in his soft little voice. "What did you have in mind? I-I think we need to compromise," he said, as much as he hated to.

Dora gave him a sharp look.

"Bit of a mind-reader, aren't you? Or are you just jumping to conclusions and managed to get lucky?" She slid the top of the bottle along the edge of the table and slapped down on it, dislodging the cap. After a healthy swig, she set the bottle down.

"You're right, though. We should be trying to work something out." Despite her recent show of force, she was going to make a major concession, and she didn't like it. Not to someone so restrictive. She hoped Katya would appreciate what she about to do, once she found out. If she found out.

"I'm not budging. You're not budging. So, here's what I suggest. You and I share Katya...and you share Katya and myself."

He nodded. "I-I will not share you because I don't have you to begin with," he softly explained. He seriously hoped that Dora would not snap at him when he said what he thought was necessary. He hid behind his hair so that she could not properly see his face. "N-no um...sex," he said, his face burning red-hot. "Th-that's my only rule...I-I cannot restrict you any further," he continued, his voice barely loader than a whisper and somewhat shaking. He took the cider and popped the top, taking a few dainty sips. "Y-you had her first..."

Her gray eyes scrutinized him. He puzzled her a bit, with his contradictory beliefs. It piqued her interest, and she decided to take a more indirect approach. She folded her arms.

"No, actually, you did. Leaving that point aside for a moment - how much do you know about my Siblings and myself, as a group? I know Luce explained a little after I died the second time and you and Katya had just found each other."

She leaned back in her chair, balancing on the back two legs, and wondered if the journalist would ask the right questions.

"N-no, I meant you loved her first...." He thought for a moment; what did he know about Conservators? Almost nothing. They had the power to freeze time and they were a sort of police force. Other than that, he didn't know much of anything. He continued to stare at the floor, making it impossible for her to see his face.

"Y-you are like a police force, yes?" he asked, wondering if he had gotten it right. He didn't remember much.

"Right. So, basically, just the bare bones," Dora said to herself, sitting up straighter. Another quick chug, and then she began to explain.

"Yes and no. We're a police force, but because we're separate from humans, we have our own culture, and other differences. Even after we've quit, we still have those differences. Following?" She paused a bit before continuing.

"You've run into the most significant one of those as far as you're concerned - the polyamory that some of us practice. Yours truly, included. But there's a lot of things you don't know, because we traditionally don't share that kind of information with outsiders - so I'd better not find you trying to get a Pulitzer with this." She gave him a mock glare.

"Second most significant. Every single person who ever puts on tan and gray? We get a ton of things. Immortality. Eternal youth. Time and entropic powers. We also get the joy of watching friends and family zero, and the experience of sterility. Luce? He could sleep with every single woman in Bielefeld and not get any of them pregnant. Chrys and myself? No chance. Ever. That's another reason we consider each other family, because we can't make our own. Not even now, after I've quit.

How does that concern you? Long story short, we can't reproduce. The first Conservators had to give it some kind of a reason to keep doing it. Otherwise, it's just like eating one food every day for the rest of your life. No matter how good it is, you'll get sick of it eventually. And that reason was to fuse sex and love. Can't have one without the other, and that's what I meant when I said you had her first. It's kind of like a spiritual thing, if you think about it. Don't tell anyone though - we've a reputation as libertines to keep." Another pause.

"In other words, you're basically telling me the same thing. 'No sharing Katya.' That's not going to work."

"P-polygamy is not accepted in my culture," Yoshi began. "N-neither is homo or bisexuality." He still had not looked up. "I g-guess that it's that and the fact that I am afraid. K-k-katya loved you first, you died and she attached herself to me. I-I felt wanted, needed, appreciated. I feared that when we spoke you would forbid me from seeing her again. W-when you stayed, that you would snatch her from my arms. I fear you will be better than me in her eyes...I-I j-just c-can't take losing her...I-I can't lose her." he sniffled, trying not to cry. He felt scared. Scared of what Dora might say.

"Polygamy? No no no. You've got that all wrong - I've no interest in getting married. As for bisexuality, I'd suggest you talk to Katya about that one," Dora said dryly, raising an eyebrow. "Since you've turned down my concession, there's no need to approve or disapprove of me. Not that I'd care either way."

The PI paused, showing professional courtesy from one dealer in questions and answers to another.

"She moved on fairly quick, didn't she? I didn't mind that. I don't mind that. But your perception of this as a competition has got to go, if you want it to work out. My offering myself to you is not what a control freak would do. I hate the thought of it, to be completely honest, because of what you are. I think it'll only encourage you to keep the attitudes you have now." Her gaze raked him again, before she remembered something.
"How old are you?"

"Uh? Twenty-three...why?" he asked, giving her a side glance. Both of his eyes were visible and shimmering and glittering in the light. A rare sight to say the least. He wondered what was going on in that head of hers. In all honesty, she scared him. Of course, he did not want her to know about that.

"Right. I forget, sometimes, I'm older than I look. And most of the people I deal with - well, nevermind. Point being, I'm from a different time, and a couple of different cultures as you said. I've explained why I'm acting the way I am, with the additional information that I told Katya that time to make sure it was fine with you first. She said it was. So even though you're afraid, your fears aren't grounded. The sun and the moon can both exist in the same sky."

She crossed her arms. Condensation from her bottle began dampening her skin, but she ignored the cold. "If you're still not convinced, let me give you a few more pieces of information. Remember that we're sterile. No new life from sex, so we tie it strongly to love. Katya, on the other hand, is not and was never a Sister of mine. Any children you two have, also count in our eyes as mine. I'm even willing to give that up, and just be tough Cousin Dora. Or Aunt Dora. Whatever."

Dora left unsaid the fact that she was scarcely the ideal choice for a mother anyway. "So that's my list of concessions. Sharing myself with you. Not involving myself with any of your kids unless you say it's fine. There's not much you're giving me, other than that I can continue seeing Katya, which is actually more likely to lead her astray than my sleeping with her every now and then. Which, in case it's escaped your notice, I am not so inclined."

Yoshi sighed with defeat. He sat back up and looked Dora in the eye. His shimmering green orb seemed to be glowing, piercing, like he was trying to peer into Dora's very soul. But it was not out of hate. It told the story of betrayal, sadness, heartache, depression, fear, and now, love, happiness, acceptance. The corners of his mouth turned up into his soft little smile.

"D-Dora? I-I change my mind..you and I can share Katya..b-but our children, if we have any, will still call you Aunt Dora. I-I expect you to be there with us along the way..i-i-if you don't mind of course."

He left out the part about not knowing whether or not he and Katya could even have children. It was not uncommon for an Urranese and Human to marry, but he did not know whether they would have to adopt or if their children would come out okay and not a bundle of mismatched organs.
"Kn-knowing what I do now," he continued after a short pause, now looking ahead of him. "I c-could not deny you that, it would be cruel."

Dora nodded crisply. "I will be right there with you two, count on it. And myself?" she continued, emotionlessly. "Anything else that you think needs to be covered?"

He shook his head. "No." he said softly. Yoshi shrugged. "N-n-no. I'm not interested in you, b-but I'm flattered by the offer. You pretty much covered everything."

"Right, then," Dora said, a bit less stressed. She unfolded her arms and appeared to be considering for a moment.

"Just for good measure, and curiosity's sake," she said, leaning in and giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

Yoshi blushed a bright red and felt his face where she had kissed him."I-I'm glad we understand each other," he said softly, he was confused by her action, but certainly less stressed.

"Tops. Me too," she said, settling back. "Having done that, I know what Katya feels...And now that business is done and dusted, you want to go for a drink? Or have you had enough of me for now?"

"I-if you don't mind. I-I need to get back to my writing. It is my livelihood after all. And then back to Katya," he said, giving Dora a small smile. He was finally okay with her.

Her eyes lightened, as if flecks of silver were reflecting the sun's rays. "Of course. Well, perhaps we'll catch that drink later, then. All three of us." She rose smoothly, patted his shoulder, and headed out. Casting one last look behind her, she saw that the sun had shifted, leaving his section of the room in relative darkness. Next to him, a stray sunbeam lit up dust tumbling off the blinds as they rattled. A stray thought made her furrow her brow, but she decided not to give voice to it as she left him in peace.
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:02 am

Katya smiled and waved to Yoshi as he left. She laid down in the grass and started thinking. How was she going to tell Torii about Yoshi? She figured it would be best to keep it a secret. She's tell her little sister that he was going somewhere for his novel.

Torii looked at MB. "It's about a big city where everyone is an Esper, with different abilities, and they're the science side. Then there are different churches and magicians on the other side, and here's all these plots and stuff. It kinda reminds me if the X-Men in a way."

She shrugged. "Esper...we call'em Phsycokinetics. We got a place like that in Yüktograd, for science.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:15 am

Yoshi jotted down his thoughts and returned to Katya. He would leave his journal for her to find later. If anything happened to him, she would have a small view inside his head. "Hello again." he said as he walked up to Katya.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:17 am

Urran wrote:Yoshi jotted down his thoughts and returned to Katya. He would leave his journal for her to find later. If anything happened to him, she would have a small view inside his head. "Hello again." he said as he walked up to Katya.

"Hmm? Hiya, Yoshi.", She replied. "How were things? I assume they went well, whatever you were talking about?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:19 am

He nodded. "Yes..w-we're okay with each other now." he said happily. He took her hand. "W-where were we?"
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:20 am

Urran wrote:He nodded. "Yes..w-we're okay with each other now." he said happily. He took her hand. "W-where were we?"

"Glad to here that. You two could be good friends. Anyway, I believe you were about to take a dance?", She said. Katya stood up and took his hand.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:22 am

Torsiedelle wrote:
Urran wrote:He nodded. "Yes..w-we're okay with each other now." he said happily. He took her hand. "W-where were we?"

"Glad to here that. You two could be good friends. Anyway, I believe you were about to take a dance?", She said. Katya stood up and took his hand.

He assumed position but didn't attempt to lead. "Y-you lead" he said, content to follow her. He honestly didn't care where she took him, as long as she loved him he was okay.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:31 am

Urran wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

He assumed position but didn't attempt to lead. "Y-you lead" he said, content to follow her. He honestly didn't care where she took him, as long as she loved him he was okay.

"Um...okay."

Katya led him along, really just making a wide circle around the back area. "Say, about Tora....", She said, "I think she'll react badly when she hears the news about....you know. I was thinking, maybe we should tell her that you're just going home to work on a part of your novel, okay?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:35 am

Yoshi allowed her to lead him. His hair swayed with every motion. "Okay, I don't want her being upset. Try not to worry please." he said softly, his eyes were pleading that she would at least humor him and tell him she wouldn't.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:48 am

Urran wrote:Yoshi allowed her to lead him. His hair swayed with every motion. "Okay, I don't want her being upset. Try not to worry please." he said softly, his eyes were pleading that she would at least humor him and tell him she wouldn't.

"Don't worry. I won't worry...I have to have faith in you, after all!", She said. "And Tora will be excitedly awaiting you, and looking forward to that novel. It'll be fabulous!"

Torii yawned and hugged MB. "Well, the shows over. I guess I'm gonna sleep....and watch TV...."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:50 am

"I hope so" He said, still being lead despite the fact that there was no music, it was perfectly romantic in his eyes.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse