NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 7, Closed, Humans Not Allowed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:17 am

Individuality-ness wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'll take a reply from Indi and Nat and send everyone out of Paris and back to school.

I'll also throw in a response to Norv.

This was, overall, a rather poor time for Astro's university business to start up, since it'd be nice if the Pele thing ended soon-ish.

I'll work on the app for Syria first, then the OOC post, then I'm going to force myself to apply for jobs. So that might be a while.

That's alright then.

Your IC post isn't exactly required to end Paris- I can do that with Nat's.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:18 am

Also, Nat, did Roots die?
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:20 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Also, Nat, did Roots die?

Agadar wrote:Real life is getting the absolute better of me. Would anyone be interested in taking over this roleplay?
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:20 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Also, Nat, did Roots die?

Agadar wrote:Real life is getting the absolute better of me. Would anyone be interested in taking over this roleplay?

So it's dead then. Ah well.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 am

Name: Syria
Leader: Sarieha Al Khatib [Mujahideen]
Flag:

Composed of: Syria in our present day.
Language(s): Official language is Arabic, although many people here also speak English.
Description:

The Syrian uprising ended in 2017 with millions dead, the government finally overthrown, and a new intern government instilled. However, to the horror of the many human rights groups and political activists in Syria, the new government became repressive and increasingly totalitarian, as militant Islamic sects gained power in the region through political activism in Mujahideen, the state-sanctioned political party.

The first to go was freedom of the press, as the media was gradually censored until the only news source available was the state sanctioned media. The BBC, Al Jazeera, and other news sites were blocked by filters suspected to be coded by a Chinese corporation, which is known for coding what is known as their Great Firewall in the 2000s. Political dissidents in Syria (including numerous bloggers) were summarily rounded up, arrested, and executed, often with only a show trial to determine their guilt.

Rumors came to light that the government had implanted moles in the numerous political parties in Syria in order to keep them in check and keep them from rebelling, but this has never been confirmed, and the government suppresses all such rumors with great aplomb.

By 2020, Syria was, effectively, a one-party state. Although numerous political parties exist within Syria and there are elections once every five years to elect a new president, there are no term limits and the populace already knows which party is going to win the election ahead of time. It is suspected that the government stuffs the ballot box and/or throws out ballots for any opposition party that is not the main party in Syria.

Syria is currently a haven for numerous Islamic terrorist groups, and it is suspected that it is a manufacturer of chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction.

Characters from here: n/a
Changes since magic was revealed:

Magic was revealed to government officials in 2020, after the destruction of Cairo.

The government quickly sent out an official statement that the destruction of Cairo was due to nuclear warfare by the United States and other Western countries, suppressing any report that would suggest that magic had anything to do with its destruction and executing those who dared to toe the official party line in regards to Cairo.

Behind the backs of the public, however, the government approved of various studies to study the effects of magic and possible military use. Investigators were chosen for their adherence to the party line and their loyalty to the party in power, and at the first sign of potential dissent, they were arrested and executed.

Magitech is currently used to further secure Mujahideen’s hold of governmental power, and use of magic by the civilian populace is suppressed out of fears that magic would give the people weapons needed to instigate a second uprising.

It is possible that the government turns a blind eye to terrorists using magitech to effect their Islamic agenda, but this has not been confirmed by any outside source.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:09 am

Individuality-ness wrote:Name: Syria
Flag:
Language(s): Official language is Arabic, although many people here also speak English.
Description:

The Syrian uprising ended in 2017 with millions dead, the government finally overthrown, and a new intern government instilled. However, to the horror of the many human rights groups and political activists in Syria, the new government became repressive and increasingly totalitarian, as militant Islamic sects gained power in the region through political activism in Mujahideen, the state-sanctioned political party.

The first to go was freedom of the press, as the media was gradually censored until the only news source available was the state sanctioned media. The BBC, Al Jazeera, and other news sites were blocked by filters suspected to be coded by a Chinese corporation, which is known for coding what is known as their Great Firewall in the 2000s. Political dissidents in Syria (including numerous bloggers) were summarily rounded up, arrested, and executed, often with only a show trial to determine their guilt.

Rumors came to light that the government had implanted moles in the numerous political parties in Syria in order to keep them in check and keep them from rebelling, but this has never been confirmed, and the government suppresses all such rumors with great aplomb.

By 2020, Syria was, effectively, a one-party state. Although numerous political parties exist within Syria and there are elections once every five years to elect a new president, there are no term limits and the populace already knows which party is going to win the election ahead of time. It is suspected that the government stuffs the ballot box and/or throws out ballots for any opposition party that is not the main party in Syria.

Syria is currently a haven for numerous Islamic terrorist groups, and it is suspected that it is a manufacturer of chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction.

Magic was revealed to government officials in 2020, after the destruction of Cairo.

The government quickly sent out an official statement that the destruction of Cairo was due to nuclear warfare by the United States and other Western countries, suppressing any report that would suggest that magic had anything to do with its destruction and executing those who dared to toe the official party line in regards to Cairo.

Behind the backs of the public, however, the government approved of various studies to study the effects of magic and possible military use. Investigators were chosen for their adherence to the party line and their loyalty to the party in power, and at the first sign of potential dissent, they were arrested and executed.

Magitech is currently used to further secure Mujahideen’s hold of governmental power, and use of magic by the civilian populace is suppressed out of fears that magic would give the people weapons needed to instigate a second uprising.

It is possible that the government turns a blind eye to terrorists using magitech to effect their Islamic agenda, but this has not been confirmed by any outside source.

You forgot to mention the very, very likely Alawite genocide.

But obviously approved- it's brilliant.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:09 am

Individuality-ness wrote:Magic was revealed to government officials in 2020, after the destruction of Cairo.

The supernatural has been public knowledge since 2012.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am

Individuality-ness wrote:Magic was revealed to government officials in 2020, after the destruction of Cairo.

The supernatural has been public knowledge since 2012.

Though you should fix this.
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am

Individuality-ness wrote:Name: Syria
Flag:
Description:

...that's Assad's flag, not the old one used by the FSA.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:11 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:The supernatural has been public knowledge since 2012.

The death of "millions" annoys me too, but that is, theoretically, possible.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Though you should fix this.

The death toll is already 100,000 with over 5,000 dying per month.

And it appears to be accelerating.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:The death of "millions" annoys me too, but that is, theoretically, possible.

The death toll is already 100,000 with over 5,000 dying per month.

Yes, but with millions dead, there wouldn't be a government.

You can't lob off (at least) 2 million of 22 without there being significant hell.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:The death toll is already 100,000 with over 5,000 dying per month.

Yes, but with millions dead, there wouldn't be a government.

You can't lob off (at least) 2 million of 22 without there being significant hell.

True enough- I'd assume the causalities after the rebels rose to power were mostly among the Christians and the Alawites.

Though that would still cause insane hell, as those are the richest and most influential groups in the country.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 am

Agritum wrote:...that's Assad's flag, not the old one used by the FSA.

I'm a fucking lazy asshole. :P

Nationstatelandsville wrote:The supernatural has been public knowledge since 2012.

This is what happens when you don't remember shit and focused on writing the story starting from the present day. I'll put up some bullshit explanation up then.

It's fucking Syria, Nat.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Yes, but with millions dead, there wouldn't be a government.

True enough- I'd assume the causalities after the rebels rose to power were mostly among the Christians and the Alawites.

Though that would still cause insane hell, as those are the richest and most influential groups in the country.

I can fix that, if it's really that big of a deal then.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:18 am

This is what happens when you don't remember shit and focused on writing the story starting from the present day. I'll put up some bullshit explanation up then.

I have made you one of us! :lol:
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:18 am

Agritum wrote:...that's Assad's flag, not the old one used by the FSA.

I'm a fucking lazy asshole. :P

Nationstatelandsville wrote:The death of "millions" annoys me too, but that is, theoretically, possible.

It's fucking Syria, Nat.

Syria still adheres to the basics of economics.

God. If you can't do everything as I like, what's the point of having you?

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 am

You know what this RP needs? Pirates.

Krish, we need to get on this.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am

Nude East Ireland wrote:You know what this RP needs? Pirates.

Polarbeard.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am

I can work this into the brief fun arc we've have between Astro's subplot and then proceeding to invade Heaven.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:26 am

Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 am

I can work this into the brief fun arc we've have between Astro's subplot and then proceeding to invade Heaven.

You know, "invading Heaven" was supposed to be a big damn surprise.

Asshole.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:28 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I can work this into the brief fun arc we've have between Astro's subplot and then proceeding to invade Heaven.

Asshole.

Nobody told me this.

In any case, the characters should be terrified. Crowley certainly will be.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:28 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I can work this into the brief fun arc we've have between Astro's subplot and then proceeding to invade Heaven.

Asshole.

Wait, you mean this wasn't known already? I thought it was a given.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:29 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Redoubt

This amuses me.

I love this man.

Mavorpen wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:You know, "invading Heaven" was supposed to be a big damn surprise.

Asshole.

Wait, you mean this wasn't known already? I thought it was a given.

Well, yeah, but it's a given that the good guy wins at the end of most every story. You still don't run around screaming "HE'S GONNA' WIN, IT'S OK!"

Goodbye.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse