NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 7, Closed, Humans Not Allowed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 am

I loved The World's End as well.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 am

Name: The Federal Republic of Germany
Leader: Some guy from the CDU party.
Flag:

Composed of: The same territory of our universe's Germany, along with a quite sizable region of Hell occupied in conjunction with other EU countries.
Language(s): Standard German (official language, spoken by over 95% of the country's population). Sorbian, Romani, Danish and North Frisian are recognized minority languages, spoken by a negligible percentage of the population. Turkish, Russian and Polish are amongst the languages most spoken by immigrants. Some Hellish dialects and tongues have also started to diffuse themselves, thanks to the EU Occupation Zone in Hell.
Description: Even before magic was revealed, Germany was pretty much the de facto Head Honcho of the EU (though often challenged by France and the UK) economically and politically wise, other than possessing one of the biggest and most well armed militaries on the continent. Did I mention that their sausages are the most delightful ones in the world?

After the economic and military federalization of the European Union, Germany ended up becoming even more influential in EU policy. It helped that the Abrahamic War had rendered the UK quite a shitty place, and that the French continued to be cheese-eating surrender pussies. Germany pretty much fuels the entire economy of the European Union, other than powering the unified military and having the last say on every issue brought up in the European Parliament.

The country continues to be one of the world leaders in industry and research, is an active participant of the ISSR project and holds a monopoly on wurstel export sales.
Characters from here: Hildegard von Wulfbern (Agritum)
Changes since magic was revealed: After magic was first revealed in 2012, Chancellor Merkel's government swiftly passed legislation to regulate its use and users, other than tasking the civilian and military research agencies with performing studies on magic and developing new technologies with its aid.

The mages and supernatural creatures already living in Germany were gradually incorporated into society at citizens, requiring special state-issued permits to make use of their abilities for self-defense, recreational activity or work needs. Meanwhile, the Bundeswehr started to field magitech-wielding troops, other than recruiting magical users into its ranks.

As a result, the magically-boosted German industry propelled the economy of the country into the sky, while the magitech troops used by the armed forces further boosted its military power. The latter was proven to be especially valuable when the Abrahamic War broke out and Azrael's demonic troops attacked Berlin, slaughtering most of the population and dealing heavy damage to the city:

The timely intervention of the magically empowered military stopped the demonic invasion from causing more casualties and destruction on German soil, albeit at the cost of the lives of hundreds of German soldiers, in what was maybe the the most heated battle that had ever graced the country since the days of World War Two.

While Germany and the EU eventually managed to counter-attack and eventually carve a big piece of Hell all for themselves, the CDU-led government suffered an heavy hit on popularity, due to not managing to curtail the losses in Berlin, while a wave of xenophobic hate for non-human beings swept through the country, fueled by the aforementioned tragedy.

In this socio-political climate, the National Human Freedom Party of Germany (Nationalmensliche Freiheit Partei Deutschlands) founded by the Bavarian alchemist and noblewoman Hildegard von Wulfbern quickly affirmed itself with their populist, pro-human platform, which heavily cashed in on the rising zenophobia. Amongst other things, the party advocated a militaristic foreign policy with the objective of expanding the EU's occupation zone in Hell, other than pushing forward the so-called "Last Step for an United Human Europe", a plan of EU-wide reforms that would unify all its member countries into a single political entity

The now risingly unpopular CDU eventually found itself forced to form a coalition with Hildegarde's party, their only mean of surviving the incoming election without being thrown out of the government seat. The leftist opposition parties, suffering from in-fighting between the moderates of the SPD and the radicals of Die Linke, found themselves utterly crushed by the CDU/CSU and NFPD coalition.

While the CDU retained the head of government seats and part of the ministerial cabinet, the NFPD managed to acquire important positions in the cabinet, other than a quite high number of seats in the Bundestag. With new elections coming soon, and the NFPD still rising in popularity, the CDU is increasingly becoming wary of their fellow coalition members, finding itself threatened by their growing power...
Last edited by Agritum on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:55 am

Damn iOS problems. I ended up updating my software, and the entire system went kaput.

It's fixed for the most part now, but for some reason the iTunes Store doesn't trust my identification. (I knew I should have stuck with my Windows 8 instead.)

Phew. 5 second rant over now.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:29 am

Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

Lol.

Also, what about my country app?

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:45 am

Agritum wrote:

Lol.

Also, what about my country app?

Reading it.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:51 am

Agritum wrote:
Flag:
Composed of: The same territory of our universe's Germany, along with a quite sizable region of Hell occupied in conjunction with other EU countries.
Language(s): Standard German (official language, spoken by over 95% of the country's population). Sorbian, Romani, Danish and North Frisian are recognized minority languages, spoken by a negligible percentage of the population. Turkish, Russian and Polish are amongst the languages most spoken by immigrants. Some Hellish dialects and tongues have also started to diffuse themselves, thanks to the EU Occupation Zone in Hell.
Description: Even before magic was revealed, Germany was pretty much the de facto Head Honcho of the EU (though often challenged by France and the UK) economically and politically wise, other than possessing one of the biggest and most well armed militaries on the continent. Did I mention that their sausages are the most delightful ones in the world?

After the economic and military federalization of the European Union, Germany ended up becoming even more influential in EU policy. It helped that the Abrahamic War had rendered the UK quite a shitty place, and that the French continued to be cheese-eating surrender pussies. Germany pretty much fuels the entire economy of the European Union, other than powering the unified military and having the last say on every issue brought up in the European Parliament.

The country continues to be one of the world leaders in industry and research, is an active participant of the ISSR project and holds a monopoly on wurstel export sales.
Changes since magic was revealed: After magic was first revealed in 2012, Chancellor Merkel's government swiftly passed legislation to regulate its use and users, other than tasking the civilian and military research agencies with performing studies on magic and developing new technologies with its aid.

The mages and supernatural creatures already living in Germany were gradually incorporated into society at citizens, requiring special state-issued permits to make use of their abilities for self-defense, recreational activity or work needs. Meanwhile, the Bundeswehr started to field magitech-wielding troops, other than recruiting magical users into its ranks.

As a result, the magically-boosted German industry propelled the economy of the country into the sky, while the magitech troops used by the armed forces further boosted its military power. The latter was proven to be especially valuable when the Abrahamic War broke out and Azrael's demonic troops attacked Berlin, slaughtering most of the population and dealing heavy damage to the city:

The timely intervention of the magically empowered military stopped the demonic invasion from causing more casualties and destruction on German soil, albeit at the cost of the lives of hundreds of German soldiers, in what was maybe the the most heated battle that had ever graced the country since the days of World War Two.

While Germany and the EU eventually managed to counter-attack and eventually carve a big piece of Hell all for themselves, the CDU-led government suffered an heavy hit on popularity, due to not managing to curtail the losses in Berlin, while a wave of xenophobic hate for non-human beings swept through the country, fueled by the aforementioned tragedy.

In this socio-political climate, the National Human Freedom Party of Germany (Nationalmensliche Freiheit Partei Deutschlands) founded by the Bavarian alchemist and noblewoman Hildegard von Wulfbern quickly affirmed itself with their populist, pro-human platform, which heavily cashed in on the rising zenophobia. Amongst other things, the party advocated a militaristic foreign policy with the objective of expanding the EU's occupation zone in Hell, other than pushing forward the so-called "Last Step for an United Human Europe", a plan of EU-wide reforms that would unify all its member countries into a single political entity

The now risingly unpopular CDU eventually found itself forced to form a coalition with Hildegarde's party, their only mean of surviving the incoming election without being thrown out of the government seat. The leftist opposition parties, suffering from in-fighting between the moderates of the SPD and the radicals of Die Linke, found themselves utterly crushed by the CDU/CSU and NFPD coalition.

While the CDU retained the head of government seats and part of the ministerial cabinet, the NFPD managed to acquire important positions in the cabinet, other than a quite high number of seats in the Bundestag. With new elections coming soon, and the NFPD still rising in popularity, the CDU is increasingly becoming wary of their fellow coalition members, finding itself threatened by their growing power...

Though Germany is undoubtedly a major power in the EU and quite possibly the most important one, I somewhat feel you've made them a bit too controlling of the organisation.

I'll probably make an app for France to act a sort of counter against German power in the EU.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 am

Agritum wrote:
Flag:

Though Germany is undoubtedly a major power in the EU and quite possibly the most important one, I somewhat feel you've made them a bit too controlling of the organisation.

I'll probably make an app for France to act a sort of counter against German power in the EU.

I can understand, and I'd be okay with that.

Also, am I clear for RPing now?

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:54 am

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Though Germany is undoubtedly a major power in the EU and quite possibly the most important one, I somewhat feel you've made them a bit too controlling of the organisation.

I can understand, and I'd be okay with that.

Oh yeah, certainly.

I just need to figure out how to add you back into the plot and get you up to speed on what's going on.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:57 am

Agritum wrote:I can understand, and I'd be okay with that.

Oh yeah, certainly.

I just need to figure out how to add you back into the plot and get you up to speed on what's going on.

I'm all ears.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Oh yeah, certainly.

I'm all ears.

Here's what I recommend- perhaps you make an introduction post as Hilde in Germany, enjoying her everyday life and stuff, then I suddenly make plot happen.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:00 am

Agritum wrote:I'm all ears.

Here's what I recommend- perhaps you make an introduction post as Hilde in Germany, enjoying her everyday life and stuff, then I suddenly make plot happen.

Perfect. I'll work on it.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 am

We've been using the same OOC all summer.

I'm actually astonished.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:05 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:We've been using the same OOC all summer.

I'm actually astonished.

The RP kinda slowed down.

Also, Night, remember to add Germany and Hilde in the OP.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:07 am

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:We've been using the same OOC all summer.

I'm actually astonished.

The RP kinda slowed down.

Also, Night, remember to add Germany and Hilde in the OP.

Hilde is there- I was just adding Germany.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:08 am

I'm finally back and ready to post.

Also...I actually managed to cook something delicious. This is highly unusual.
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 am

Here's a thought- city apps. or province/state apps.

Because though you can make apps for your country, you can micromanage and start showing how individual cities and states are affected in said countries. Which can also be quite fun.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:37 am

I'm back.

What have I missed?
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:37 am

Name:
Leader:
Flag (If applicable):
What is it? City? Province? State?:
Language(s) spoken:
Description:
Demographics:

This is the working app I've come up with for a city/province. Let's put it into play with this.

Name: Scotland
Leader: John Ramsey Swinney
Flag (If applicable): http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... otland.svg
What is it? City? Province? State?: Country within the United Kingdom
Language(s) spoken: English, Scots. Punjabi is a highly spoken minority language.
Population size: 13 million
Demographics: White Scottish- 50 %
Other White British - 25%
British South Asian- 6 %
Black - 1 %
Other Asian - 3 %
Mixed - 11 %
Non-humans - 4 %
Description: Scotland has become much richer and much more populated ever since the Fall of London. Edinburgh became the new capital of the United Kingdom, and immigration to Scotland increased massively. The Scots complain of being a minority within their own nation, and they're not that wrong. Nevertheless, Scotland retains a fierce independent nature- though they rarely discuss actual independence anymore, as they are much more equal within the United Kingdom than they were before, and because England lacks the power it once held.

Basically, what do you guys think of this?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Seriously, people should post.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:12 pm

Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:35 pm

You know, I still don't see 'A Vague Pottering' on the One-Shot list. My heart is sad.

For the record, I'm working on another one. That one might take a bit longer, though.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Ranbo wrote:You know, I still don't see 'A Vague Pottering' on the One-Shot list. My heart is sad.

For the record, I'm working on another one. That one might take a bit longer, though.

Link me and I'll add it.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Good post, Agri.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Good post, Agri.

The Social Darwinist Hunting Trip is a perfect trope.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse