NATION

PASSWORD

What lies in the Dark (RP/OOC/OPEN/horror)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

What lies in the Dark (RP/OOC/OPEN/horror)

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 am

[IC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=247135&p=15080346#p15080346]

Theme Song

Providence County, Rhode Island.
22:34, 1999

"Carol? Carol where are you?" The worried mother wandered around the mansion searching for her daughter. It was night, but lights were out because of heavy lightning and rain outside. The family of four moved into the house only a week ago, only for their children to experience strange happenings in the house. They imagined some sort of rat-like creatures scuttling on the floor. Michael and Doreen Sears disregarded this as the rich imagination of children. But right now, Doreen was not sure what to believe. The mansion was awfully silent, even though besides the family there was at least four servants. "Carol?! Danny!" She continued as she walked down the stairs. "Where is everyone..." Doreen muttered to herself quietly.

She's coming down! Coming down...

She better watch her step! *snicker*

Doreen thought she heard whispers, but she disregarded them, thinking her mind was toying with her. Unknown to her, a trip line was set up by someone...or something three steps ahead.

"Aargh!" The scream echoed through the mansion, gaining the attention of Doreen and whoever else was still alive.
Doreen recognised this as Carol's voice. "Oh my god! Carol!" She screamed, hurrying down the stairs as fast as fast as her dress let her. Her foot was met with the trip line in mere seconds. Doreen started falling, screaming. She tumbled down the stairs, her body getting more bruised and painful with every hit. Finally, her head hit the floor, effectively snapping her neck with a sickening crack. The house fell silent.

As a minute went by, loud whispers and something that sounded like small creatures moving around could be heard. Something slowly dragged Doreen's body to the mansion's basement. That same something opened the basement's door and threw Doreen's lifeless body tumbling down the stairs, eventually hitting the cold, hard basement floor. Near Doreen's body, four other bodies were piled up. Her husband, son, cook and gardener.

After some more time, an unconscious housekeeper was dropped into the basement as well as the creatures continued searching for the remaining two people.

Carol cowered in her closet, quietly sobbing. The little girl knew what had happened to her mother, especially after the scream. She quickly covered her mouth with her hand to prevent making sounds when she heard whispers.

She's here somewhere! Have you checked everything?!

I haven't checked in the closet. She must be there...

Hearing what the creatures were planning, Carol decided that action would be the best thing she could do. Carol slammed the closet's door open, shining her flashlight at the creatures and running out of the room. "Somebody! Help! It's me, Carol!" The girl shouted, as she ran down the stairs, followed by multiple creatures. Awaiting below, were even more creatures. As Carol reached the floor and attempted to reach the door, some of the creatures jumped at her, pulling her hair and cutting her with various sharp objects. Carol fell back, only to get impaled on a knife, killing her. She was dragged into the basement. the creatures started removing the teeth of their victims, except the unconscious housekeeper. Soon after, they dragged the dead bodies into a hole in the basement floor.
At this point, the other housekeeper, who was outside for some reason, came back. Not finding anŷone home and finding blood on the floor, she called the police. After a year of investigation and searching, the case was left unsolved and forgotten. The house was put on sale, but no one would buy it because of the disappearances that happened.

In 2008, a new project was underway. It included a new drive by with 10 houses. Understanding no one would buy the house because of its history, the mansion was demolished to make way for the 'Sears drive', named in honour of the disappeared family. The project was completed in 2013 and is now waiting for people to buy or rent the houses.

Read this
This is a horror RP heavily based on the 2011 movie 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark'. Except the creatures will become much more violent and aggressive. There will be a different plot line the set up will be completely different.
The characters you will be makings will be either in upper middle class or middle class, depending on the house. If you want to make rich characters, then provide a good explanation why they are rich and a better bio. It would be better if people co operate and make joint characters or if they don't want to, make multiple characters especially if the house is a large one(most of them are). Do not be afraid to make servants. We need them. I will also need some character variety, children and teenagers are definitely needed. Or else, who will interact with dem scary rat peoplez?
By 'joint characters' i mean different RPers in the same house or family. For example, the wife of an RPers character is the character of another RPer. This and the servant characters also helps conserve 'space' once all houses have homeowners.

Co-OPs: Mincaldenteans, Lancearc

Rules:
No god modding.
No metagaming.
No one liners.
Good grammar.
Three strike rule.
Other general rules apply. Just follow them and don't be a dick.

Homeowner app:
Name:
Personality:
Appearance(picture preferred):
House:
Family(if any):
Appearances for family(pictures preferred):
Bio(can be basic):

Servant app:
Name:
Personality:
House:
Task(butler, maid, housekeeper, gardener, etc.):
Homeowner(s)/family serving:
Bio(can be basic):

Law enforcement app:
Name:
Appearance(picture most preferable):
Personality:
RIBI(Rhode island bureau of investigation) or police?:
Basic Bio:
RP example:

Sears drive:
http://i.imgur.com/8hjxVPl.jpg
House 1: Homeowners: Robert, Alix and Jennifer Clarence- Altito Asmoro; Servants: _
House 2: Homeowners: Abel Lee Jaebom, Ryan Tan, Pauline Goha, Ashton Light- The Abel Rex Regime; Servants: Drake Richardson- Inyourfaceistan, Asuka Angel- Dragonic Outland.
House 3: Homeowners: Sydny, Able and Nathan Baasch- Sedikal; Servants: Dajana Kanaj- Leposaviq
House 4: Homeowners: Luke Schofield; Servants:_
House 5: Homeowners: William, Vanessa and Luce Ryder- Lancearc and Jessjohnesik; Servants: Albert Barkley- St Lucoa.
House 6: NPCs- Shelly, Craig, Sissy and Randy Carolile; Anita Berrfasten, Dan Parren, Angus Warren.
House 7: Homeowners: Tyler Jones, Carlos Gonzales, Josh McLean- Joshulia; Servants:_
House 8: Homeowner: Connor, Jason and Stiles Shimbrodus- Mincaldenteans; Servants: Rosario- Mincaldenteans.
House 9: Homeowners: Vera Evans and Kristen Kallaway- Whittington.
House 10: Homeowners: Hector Vaughn- Verkaria, Nexeria- Charles Vaughn; Servants: _

CHAT

http://us12.chatzy.com/54863448115879
Password is Creature

Accepted RPers and their characters:
Jessjohnesik: Vanessa Ryder, Lucy Ryder, Teresa Lisbon, Grace Van Pelt.
Altito Asmoro: Robert, Alix and Jennifer Clarence. (NPC since AA dropped out)
The Abel Rex Regime: Abel Lee Jaebom, Ryan Tan, Pauline Goha, Ashton Light.
Lancearc: William Ryder, Lucy Ryder.
St Lucoa: Albert Barkley.
Sedikal: Sydny Baasch, Able and Nathan.
Reddokgeno101: Luke Schofield (NPC since Red dropped out)
Inyourfaceistan: Drake Richardson
Joshulia: Tyler Jones, Carlos Gonzales, Josh McLean
Mincaldenteans: Connor, Jason and Stiles Shimbrodus; Rosario
Verkaria: Hector Vaughn
Nexeria: Charles Vaughn
Dragonic Outland: Asuka Angel
Whittington: Vera Evans, Kristen Callaway
Inquilibastan: Salim Hussein
Leposaviq: Dajana Kanaj
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:23 am, edited 30 times in total.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 am

Name: Robert Clarence
Personality: Old, kind-hearted old man. An old man with nice and a little bit of serious.
Appearance: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 2012_g.jpg
House: House 1
Family(if any): Alix Clarence, age 20, and Jennifer Clarence, age 57.
Bio(can be basic): Born in Birmingham from the Clarence family, a long-line generations of military family, Robert was one of the brightest son. Graduated from college. Joined the military on age 24 and then went on and on with promotions until General. A decorated war hero in Kosovo, Iraq, Kuwait, and many other battles. After his retirement, he will be granted with the title Sir about 3 more years from now, so he went to USA for his retirement alongside his wife Jennifer and his daughter Alix who still in university in USA.

His sons are all in UK now. Howard is a Scotland Yard officer, Edward is a somewhat cocky but nice and serious RAF Lieutenant, and the oldest, William is a SAS Officer in the Airborne Corps.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:40 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Name: Robert Clarence
Personality: Old, kind-hearted old man. An old man with nice and a little bit of serious.
Bio(can be basic): Born in Birmingham from the Clarence family, a long-line generations of military family, Robert was one of the brightest son. Joined the military on age 24 and then went on and on with promotions until General. A decorated war hero in Kosovo, Iraq, Kuwait, and many other battles. After his retirement, he will be granted with the title Sir about 3 more years from now, so he went to USA for his retirement alongside his wife Jennifer and his daughter Alix who still in university in USA.

Clearly there's more bio than that. Basic bios are quite long, you see.
Accepted after you buff up your bio. I'll put you in the OP post though.
Also, try your best to have good grammar. Because, quite frankly, this line made me laugh: "...decorated war hero..." :p
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:43 am

Bio(can be basic): Born in Birmingham from the Clarence family, a long-line generations of military family, Robert was one of the brightest son. Graduated from college. Joined the military on age 24 and then went on and on with promotions until General. A decorated war hero in Kosovo, Iraq, Kuwait, and many other battles. After his retirement, he will be granted with the title Sir about 3 more years from now, so he went to USA for his retirement alongside his wife Jennifer and his daughter Alix who still in university in USA.

His sons are all in UK now. Howard is a Scotland Yard officer, Edward is a somewhat cocky but nice and serious RAF Lieutenant, and the oldest, William is a SAS Officer in the Airborne Corps.

"...decorated war hero..." :p

A decoration from the war of the hero.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:45 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

"...decorated war hero..." :p

Accepted. Oh and add his appearance, I forgot about it. :p
EDIT: and his family's appearances. Pictures preferred.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Graph

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Accepted. Oh and add his appearance, I forgot about it. :p

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 2012_g.jpg
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Abel Rex Regime
Senator

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Rex Regime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:53 am

Hey this looks awesome.... 8) ....another app coming right up
Wassup yo....you can call me Abe whenever you see me RPing.

- BE MY FRIEND!.......^^

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:05 am

The Abel Rex Regime wrote:Hey this looks awesome.... 8) ....another app coming right up

Good.
Political Graph

The Abel Rex Regime
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Rex Regime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:07 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:
The Abel Rex Regime wrote:Hey this looks awesome.... 8) ....another app coming right up

Good.

Btw....this would be my first Horror RP as well...huihuihui...*nice :p

- BE MY FRIEND!.......^^

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:09 am

The Abel Rex Regime wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:Good.

Ok. I hope you're a good RPer. The last time I encountered a new RPer, he turned out to be very good. And it was his first RP. Hope this is the case with you as well. :p
Political Graph

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:11 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:

Ok. I hope you're a good RPer. The last time I encountered a new RPer, he turned out to be very good. And it was his first RP. Hope this is the case with you as well. :p

Oh, I am flattered with this. :p
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:14 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:Ok. I hope you're a good RPer. The last time I encountered a new RPer, he turned out to be very good. And it was his first RP. Hope this is the case with you as well. :p

I meant NSAddicts. :p
You're a good RPer. Good-medium.
Short posts and bad grammar get you down.
Political Graph

The Abel Rex Regime
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Rex Regime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:17 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:

Don't worry....I always get an A+ in most of my English tests 8) ....and if you want a sample of how good my grammer is I can post a few RP links to you to prove it :p

- BE MY FRIEND!.......^^

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:19 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

I meant NSAddicts. :p

:eyebrow:
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:20 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:I meant NSAddicts. :p

What? Good is good, you know. ;)
Political Graph

The Abel Rex Regime
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Rex Regime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:22 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

:lol:

- BE MY FRIEND!.......^^

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:23 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Right

Jessjohnesik wrote:What? Good is good, you know. ;)

>:(
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:24 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:What? Good is good, you know. ;)

Just make your app already. :p
Political Graph

The Abel Rex Regime
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Rex Regime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:

Just make your app already. :p

Hai Hai.....I understand :)

- BE MY FRIEND!.......^^

The Abel Rex Regime
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Rex Regime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:57 am

Okies....my app is up....feel free to correct me if anything is out of place ;)

[box]Name: Abel Lee Jae-bom
Personality: quiet, immature, dreamy, understanding & blur
House: House 2
Occupation: Foreign exchange student but a novelist & a part-time Private Detective
Family(if any):
Ryan Tan (age: 19)

Pauline Goha (age:19)

Ashton Light (18)

Bio(can be basic): Born in Korea, Seoul, Abel is the only boy in a family of 5 who was born with Asthma and a weak heart. His father, a rich and important Korean official, deemed him as the weakling of the family and decided to send Abel overseas to a prestigious private academy in Providence County, Rhode Island. Over there he met and became really close friends with Ryan, Pauline & Ashton who all came from other rich families such as his.

Even in the academy grounds, Abel was still being constantly bullied and teased by his other schoolmates for having such a frail health, so much so that his 3 best friends decided to move out with him and share a house together for his sake. Pauline, the main person who thought of the idea, managed to find a suitable place to live in within walking distance from their school. Pooling the large monthly allowances, given to them by their rich relatives, the 4 best friends bought a house in the Sears Drive district and are now in the process of moving in and searching for part-time work to support their new lifestyle. Abel is naturally intelligent, but because of his current experiences he deasn't bother using his intellect to concentrate in his studies and would more often daydream in class or writing short stories for his own pleasure. He loves playing video games (especially those form the Horror genre) and is famously known online as the pro-gamer called Zero Origin. Instead of going out and looking for a suitable part-time job like his bffs....he would usually decide or find ways to stay at home and play his favorite Xbox all day long.
Last edited by The Abel Rex Regime on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

- BE MY FRIEND!.......^^

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:59 am

The Abel Rex Regime wrote:Okies....my app is up....feel free to correct me if anything is out of place ;)

Name: Abel Lee Jaebom
Appearance(picture preferred): House: House 2
Occupation: Foreign exchange student but a novelist & a part-time Private Detective
Family(if any):

Ashton Light (18)

Bio(can be basic): Born in Korea, Seoul, Abel is the only boy in a family of 5 who was born with Asthma and a weak heart. Deemed as the weakling of the family and constantly bullied in school by his classmates, his family decided to send Abel overseas to a prestigious private academy in Providence County, Rhode Island. Over there he met and became really close friends with Ryan, Pauline & Ashton who all came from other rich families such as his.

Even in the academy grounds, Abel was still being bullied and teased by his other schoolmates for having such a frail health, so much so that his 3 best friends decided to move out with him and share a house together for his sake. Pauline, the main person who thought of the idea, managed to find a suitable place to live in within walking distance from their school. Pooling the large monthly allowances, given to them by their rich relatives, the 4 best friends bought a house in the Sears Drive district and are now in the process of moving in and searching for part-time work to support their new lifestyle. Abel is naturally intelligent, but because of his current experiences he deasn't bother using them to do well in his studies and would more often daydream in class or writing short stories for his own pleasure. He loves reading fictional books & playing video games (most of them from the Horror genre) and instead of going out and looking for a suitable part-time job like his bffs....he decided to just advertise himself on the internet (via Facebook, Twitter etc, etc) as a private detective consultant.

Accepted.
Even though I hate anime like hell.
Political Graph

The Abel Rex Regime
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Rex Regime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:
The Abel Rex Regime wrote:Okies....my app is up....feel free to correct me if anything is out of place ;)

Name: Abel Lee Jaebom
Appearance(picture preferred): House: House 2
Family(if any):

Ashton Light (18)

Bio(can be basic): Born in Korea, Seoul, Abel is the only boy in a family of 5 who was born with Asthma and a weak heart. Deemed as the weakling of the family and constantly bullied in school by his classmates, his family decided to send Abel overseas to a prestigious private academy in Providence County, Rhode Island. Over there he met and became really close friends with Ryan, Pauline & Ashton who all came from other rich families such as his.

Even in the academy grounds, Abel was still being bullied and teased by his other schoolmates for having such a frail health, so much so that his 3 best friends decided to move out with him and share a house together for his sake. Pauline, the main person who thought of the idea, managed to find a suitable place to live in within walking distance from their school. Pooling the large monthly allowances, given to them by their rich relatives, the 4 best friends bought a house in the Sears Drive district and are now in the process of moving in and searching for part-time work to support their new lifestyle. Abel is naturally intelligent, but because of his current experiences he deasn't bother using them to do well in his studies and would more often daydream in class or writing short stories for his own pleasure. He loves reading fictional books & playing video games (most of them from the Horror genre) and instead of going out and looking for a suitable part-time job like his bffs....he decided to just advertise himself on the internet (via Facebook, Twitter etc, etc) as a private detective consultant.

Accepted.

Awwww.....why?... :( ...some of the anime is quite good you know

- BE MY FRIEND!.......^^

Dragonic Outland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonic Outland » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:03 am

The Abel Rex Regime wrote:Family(if any):

Ashton Light (18)

Great, now I can't be a maid working at your house. Due to the fact that it is filled with teenagers. :(
Last edited by Dragonic Outland on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
-Albert Einstein

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:04 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:Accepted.

Awwww.....why?... :( ...some of the anime is quite good you know

it's shit, that's what it is.
Anyway, were not here to discuss anime. :p
Political Graph

The Abel Rex Regime
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Rex Regime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:06 am

Dragonic Outland wrote:
The Abel Rex Regime wrote:Family(if any):

Ashton Light (18)

Great, now I can't be a maid working at your house. Due to the fact that it is filled with teenagers. :(

lol...why not?....Pauline especially wouldn't mind another person doing the house-work other than her :p

- BE MY FRIEND!.......^^

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse