NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:37 pm

Retro Frost wrote:Can anyone possibly point me to post that is the list or copy paste it because I can't seem to find it anywhere?

Huh?
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Corrian wrote:
Retro Frost wrote:Can anyone possibly point me to post that is the list or copy paste it because I can't seem to find it anywhere?

Huh?

Moon list, I think I remember signing up, but that might have been something else. I just want to confirm if Wilson is signed up.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Retro Frost wrote:
Corrian wrote:Huh?

Moon list, I think I remember signing up, but that might have been something else. I just want to confirm if Wilson is signed up.

Uh..Hmm, I have no idea where that is anymore :P

Knowing Altruistic Paladin's, they probably have it somewhere.
My Last.FM and RYM

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:45 pm

Corrian wrote:
Retro Frost wrote:Moon list, I think I remember signing up, but that might have been something else. I just want to confirm if Wilson is signed up.

Uh..Hmm, I have no idea where that is anymore :P

Knowing Altruistic Paladin's, they probably have it somewhere.

So now we wait. Thanks anyway.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:51 am

I honestly thought that the sub-plot was forgotten or dropped entirely since the last mentions of it were two years ago.

Anyway, here is how it went. People had to apply, and then the announcements came for who made it, though the post didn't actually follow Burton's recommendations list and was basically open to anybody who had a character at the time and had character sign-up and just say "accepted". With that in mind, the confirmed list for the first mission (possibly including some of Orinon's characters, I'm just not quite sure):

Cassie
Caitlin
Tyler
Makoto
Bramwell
Sakura
Sarah
Jay
Wilson

I specified "first" mission because :

"Now, as you all know there is a moon mission coming up. Some of you may be disappointed, thinking that you won't get to go, but that isn't true. Only a few people will be allowed to go during the first flight but our plan is for everyone to get a chance to go before the end of the school year."

Considering the date, preparations are apparently reaching the point where the mission would be done in a few days.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
For evidence, Bramwell's telepathy is mainly helpful in kidnappings, which predominately are perpetrated by family members and so the majority could be solved by looking-up the family members' names and addresses, finding the one who did it (more specifically, thinks so), and then basically finding things in their memory that could be useful for the investigation (I.E. the location of the victim in kidnapping cases, the locations of disposed evidence in murder cases). It is just that Bramwell's mother is an FBI special agent in the CID and thus taught him to never use the station's own phones so as to prevent unnecessary identification. My plan was that Bramwell would get a teleporter who is not Sakura to bring him down to pay phones in the local area to make the anonymous call and pose as just assume the identity of person who stumbled upon the evidence. Having put more thought into it, I think there is a work-around in that, in the first instance, Bramwell could just give the relative of the kidnapped person some "suspicions" that would direct the investigators in the right direction. After that, Bramwell would probably just pay Thompson to teleport down to Earth to buy a bunch of disposable cell phones in cash at multiple gas stations (posing as a person on a road trip who had car problems and a dead cell phone and so needs a disposable cell phone to make arrangements for the car and himself, repeating the process ad nausea at multiple gas stations in different areas so as to avoid arousing suspicion of buying a bunch of disposable cell phones at once). This could get the teleportation business out-of-the way at the start.

The alternative is, with Zhenya's stupid attempt at smuggling-out having been retconned away due to pointlessness, that he either came-up with the trick to get past security independently of Tyler's source or was the source of Tyler's trick to get past security in the first place, with the result either way being that he basically gets paid by Bramwell to use the same trick to smuggle disposable cell phones for him past security (not that there should not be anything wrong with disposable cell-phones, just the scale begging questions).

As to the idea of Bramwell working with Tyler's vigilantes, the fact that Bramwell's experience of almost getting innocent person killed and almost letting a murderer get away gets taken as a major warning that vigilantism is of questionable quality would probably inspire his switch from a vague "Neutral Good" to "Lawful Good" (re contextualizing the "With great power comes great responsibility" line from its traditional "You're luckily powerful, so act on it to help others," to "You have power, so show some restraint and keep that power accountable lest to ensure you don't get drunk-off it and do something reckless or evil."), and his penance for nearly letting an innocent person die would, if Tyler counted him among the vigilantes, reveal to security the hole in their security (since that could very well kill that thread, let's not have Bramwell learn about it unless the posters want that to happen or the students are just so bad at hiding what they are doing that even Bramwell notices).

BTW, would you mind if Augustus was a late arrival and noticed what they were doing, but just winked at them and went on his way so as to justify his presence in their future incursions?

Isn't it one of Thompson's major things that he wants to keep his teleportation a secret? Getting a telephone or ten to the station wouldn't really be the problem either, it would be getting Bramwell down to the planet to investigate that would be tricky. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in the past but I really feel that any telepath able to look into people's minds from high orbit would be somewhat overpowered since it would be entirely impossible to hide anything from him. He would be able to reach anyone on planet Earth at any time with that kind of range.

Dominic would help Bramwell out if he came to him though, I feel like that would be in line with his character as long as Bramwell explains that he doesn't want to put himself in physical danger.

Bramwell would have to be believable in order to ruin any secrets, and as you usually portray him I don't think anyone would really take him seriously if he started talking about secret plots for students to sneak off the station and play hero. In any case I could find a way to make it work if you actually want him to take part in the other thread.

Do you mean that Augustus would have noticed what Tyler's group were up to? We could make that work.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Bleh, I'll get up a post before bed, hopefully.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:Isn't it one of Thompson's major things that he wants to keep his teleportation a secret?

Yeah, that suggestion was a mistake.

Mighty Asgard wrote:Getting a telephone or ten to the station wouldn't really be the problem either, it would be getting Bramwell down to the planet to investigate that would be tricky.

Let me try to explain this. Bramwell doesn't see any need. Bramwell's "investigations" would purely be using telepathy to check relatives and known suspects to see if any of them have any memories of responsibility for the kidnapping/murder. Kidnappings are, for the most part, committed by relatives. Due to this, Bramwell would see no point in going down to the planet when he could just check a list of relatives and, by sheer probability, find a person complicit in the kidnapping. It's not that Bramwell wants a payphone so much as Bramwell wants to keep the fact that he is actively investigating a secret outside the station and thus not arouse any suspicions. He uses burn phone to pose as anonymous residents of the area who witnessed the kidnapping victim being brought to the location where said victim is and are simply scared, or stumbled upon major evidence in a murder case. If the "perpetrator" is not a relative or known suspect, Bramwell simply focuses on a different case, no going to Earth.

Mighty Asgard wrote:I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in the past but I really feel that any telepath able to look into people's minds from high orbit would be somewhat overpowered since it would be entirely impossible to hide anything from him. He would be able to reach anyone on planet Earth at any time with that kind of range.

Dominic would help Bramwell out if he came to him though, I feel like that would be in line with his character as long as Bramwell explains that he doesn't want to put himself in physical danger.

I recognize that, which is part of what this plot is meant to rectify. My idea is that he has the "With great power comes great responsibility," quote in mind and is interpreting it to mean "You have powers, so you have an obligation to use them," and thus is quick to use them with the only restriction being an informal system where Makoto has final word on Bramwell's usage of telepathy in espionage or offensive purposes. This breaks down when Makoto is inaccessible at the time due to some circumstance, and the fact that somebody has approached him to save somebody's life means that Bramwell gets broken of this already weak restraint.

The way this situation resolves the problem of "Bramwell's powers are too strong" is to basically have a near-miss where his vigilantism nearly gets two people killed, a major problem since the two people were an apprehending police officer and a panicked person who he'd realise wasn't the actual perpetrator. The fact is that this is going to shake his faith in the idea of "Christian Bale Batman"-style superheroes (this will be compounded by my planning to talk with Corrian about getting glimpses of the future courtesy Cassie, as I imagine that Makoto's idea of power usage currently is on the route of taking influence from Nolan's Batman movies for good and ill).

This problem is also resolved by the simple problem of practicality of long-range telepathy due to two problems. The first is the "search bubble problem" where Bramwell's ability to search for minds is limited in unfamiliar environments (the station has become familiar enough to him that Bramwell has a telepathic shortcut for it). He is limited to his regular senses and the "search bubble" for detecting people, which isn't particularly big and, as such, actually finding the specific people he wants to look into over a distance is difficult. The other is the simple problem of geography that ties into the small bubble problem that could be poorly explained as the most insane road-trip ever:

Imagine taking road-trip from Madrid to Rome first by planning your route using just Google Street View, driving the route purely-off memory since you are wearing equipment to make you blind and deaf and the only chance you have to take-them off is if you accidentally knock-them off when you run into someone who conveniently drops a small map for you and, when you finally stop do get close to your destination, you try to figure out where you are relative to your destination, but the locals insist that you must play a game of Marco Polo first before they actually tell you. Of course, you can take an alternative route of basically jumping into a cannon ball with calculations made in your head and then launching yourself to the location right through the Earth, only to jump-out of the cannon ball and hoping that you didn't just exit into magma or a few hundred feet above ground or in the middle of nowhere, and, if those mistakes don't happen again, playing Marco Polo to figure-out where you are and where you need to go again. The final alternative is to basically take that one mechanic from "Driver: San Francisco" where you can jump between basically any person and then using their perspective to find someone else to jump-to and basically leap-frog your way to the destination.

The only reason why the first one is going to be easy is that he has the benefit of being able to use other people's familiarity, which makes it so much easier when he can just use other people's geographic familiarity to navigate his telepathic senses.

Sure, Bramwell's going to get better at these things over time due to practice, but its reasonably restrained (it's not exactly the skill of a person whose had decades of practice). A big-part of why he basically gives-up on socializing is because it is such a time-consuming process currently in absence of necessary familiarity.

Mighty Asgard wrote:Bramwell would have to be believable in order to ruin any secrets, and as you usually portray him I don't think anyone would really take him seriously if he started talking about secret plots for students to sneak off the station and play hero. In any case I could find a way to make it work if you actually want him to take part in the other thread.

If he is going to participate on their impromptu missions, then one is going to have to write around the fact that Bramwell's adoption of accountability as a virtue could very well change circumstances. Bramwell is socially incompetent, not an idiot, and so would know the value of keeping doubts of the mission secret (Makoto, as the most competent of the bunch, has warned Bramwell and Sakura that Tyler is to be avoided when "absent of pro-social influence from the staff, friends, and Sarah" and treated as one would a person who "looks just like that recent police sketch of a serial stabber"). My idea is that the rest of the members' intentions and actions on Earth are going to fundamentally determine whether Bramwell tries to shut-down the missions and basically outs all of the participants to the school administration or puts in the effort to get the unofficial missions to become obsolete due to school-sanctioned missions picking-up what they were doing or perhaps getting secret sanction from Fredric Anderson (the last two being done while he tries to keep their identities secret).

Mighty Asgard wrote:Do you mean that Augustus would have noticed what Tyler's group were up to? We could make that work.

Yeah, I imagine that he enters the he was assigned and is shocked into socking Tyler in the face on accident due to the whole "appeared appeared-out of nowhere right in front of him" business shortly after his late-night arrival. After the split-second of surprised shock, he realizes that he just socked his room-mate in the face and is busy trying to help before it clicks with him that Tyler was up to something, then promises to not let anyone know so long as he gets to be involved in his future excursions.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 pm

I was gonna post but all I'm doing is staring at it. Will have to wait until tomorrow when I'm like, actually awake.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:Isn't it one of Thompson's major things that he wants to keep his teleportation a secret?

Yeah, that suggestion was a mistake.

Mighty Asgard wrote:Getting a telephone or ten to the station wouldn't really be the problem either, it would be getting Bramwell down to the planet to investigate that would be tricky.

Let me try to explain this. Bramwell doesn't see any need. Bramwell's "investigations" would purely be using telepathy to check relatives and known suspects to see if any of them have any memories of responsibility for the kidnapping/murder. Kidnappings are, for the most part, committed by relatives. Due to this, Bramwell would see no point in going down to the planet when he could just check a list of relatives and, by sheer probability, find a person complicit in the kidnapping. It's not that Bramwell wants a payphone so much as Bramwell wants to keep the fact that he is actively investigating a secret outside the station and thus not arouse any suspicions. He uses burn phone to pose as anonymous residents of the area who witnessed the kidnapping victim being brought to the location where said victim is and are simply scared, or stumbled upon major evidence in a murder case. If the "perpetrator" is not a relative or known suspect, Bramwell simply focuses on a different case, no going to Earth.

Mighty Asgard wrote:I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in the past but I really feel that any telepath able to look into people's minds from high orbit would be somewhat overpowered since it would be entirely impossible to hide anything from him. He would be able to reach anyone on planet Earth at any time with that kind of range.

I recognize that, which is part of what this plot is meant to rectify. My idea is that he has the "With great power comes great responsibility," quote in mind and is interpreting it to mean "You have powers, so you have an obligation to use them," and thus is quick to use them with the only restriction being an informal system where Makoto has final word on Bramwell's usage of telepathy in espionage or offensive purposes. This breaks down when Makoto is inaccessible at the time due to some circumstance, and the fact that somebody has approached him to save somebody's life means that Bramwell gets broken of this already weak restraint.

The way this situation resolves the problem of "Bramwell's powers are too strong" is to basically have a near-miss where his vigilantism nearly gets two people killed, a major problem since the two people were an apprehending police officer and a panicked person who he'd realise wasn't the actual perpetrator. The fact is that this is going to shake his faith in the idea of "Christian Bale Batman"-style superheroes (this will be compounded by my planning to talk with Corrian about getting glimpses of the future courtesy Cassie, as I imagine that Makoto's idea of power usage currently is on the route of taking influence from Nolan's Batman movies for good and ill).

This problem is also resolved by the simple problem of practicality of long-range telepathy due to two problems. The first is the "search bubble problem" where Bramwell's ability to search for minds is limited in unfamiliar environments (the station has become familiar enough to him that Bramwell has a telepathic shortcut for it). He is limited to his regular senses and the "search bubble" for detecting people, which isn't particularly big and, as such, actually finding the specific people he wants to look into over a distance is difficult. The other is the simple problem of geography that ties into the small bubble problem that could be poorly explained as the most insane road-trip ever:

Imagine taking road-trip from Madrid to Rome first by planning your route using just Google Street View, driving the route purely-off memory since you are wearing equipment to make you blind and deaf and the only chance you have to take-them off is if you accidentally knock-them off when you run into someone who conveniently drops a small map for you and, when you finally stop do get close to your destination, you try to figure out where you are relative to your destination, but the locals insist that you must play a game of Marco Polo first before they actually tell you. Of course, you can take an alternative route of basically jumping into a cannon ball with calculations made in your head and then launching yourself to the location right through the Earth, only to jump-out of the cannon ball and hoping that you didn't just exit into magma or a few hundred feet above ground or in the middle of nowhere, and, if those mistakes don't happen again, playing Marco Polo to figure-out where you are and where you need to go again. The final alternative is to basically take that one mechanic from "Driver: San Francisco" where you can jump between basically any person and then using their perspective to find someone else to jump-to and basically leap-frog your way to the destination.

The only reason why the first one is going to be easy is that he has the benefit of being able to use other people's familiarity, which makes it so much easier when he can just use other people's geographic familiarity to navigate his telepathic senses.

Sure, Bramwell's going to get better at these things over time due to practice, but its reasonably restrained (it's not exactly the skill of a person whose had decades of practice). A big-part of why he basically gives-up on socializing is because it is such a time-consuming process currently in absence of necessary familiarity.

Mighty Asgard wrote:Bramwell would have to be believable in order to ruin any secrets, and as you usually portray him I don't think anyone would really take him seriously if he started talking about secret plots for students to sneak off the station and play hero. In any case I could find a way to make it work if you actually want him to take part in the other thread.

If he is going to participate on their impromptu missions, then one is going to have to write around the fact that Bramwell's adoption of accountability as a virtue could very well change circumstances. Bramwell is socially incompetent, not an idiot, and so would know the value of keeping doubts of the mission secret (Makoto, as the most competent of the bunch, has warned Bramwell and Sakura that Tyler is to be avoided when "absent of pro-social influence from the staff, friends, and Sarah" and treated as one would a person who "looks just like that recent police sketch of a serial stabber"). My idea is that the rest of the members' intentions and actions on Earth are going to fundamentally determine whether Bramwell tries to shut-down the missions and basically outs all of the participants to the school administration or puts in the effort to get the unofficial missions to become obsolete due to school-sanctioned missions picking-up what they were doing or perhaps getting secret sanction from Fredric Anderson (the last two being done while he tries to keep their identities secret).

Mighty Asgard wrote:Do you mean that Augustus would have noticed what Tyler's group were up to? We could make that work.

Yeah, I imagine that he enters the he was assigned and is shocked into socking Tyler in the face on accident due to the whole "appeared appeared-out of nowhere right in front of him" business shortly after his late-night arrival. After the split-second of surprised shock, he realizes that he just socked his room-mate in the face and is busy trying to help before it clicks with him that Tyler was up to something, then promises to not let anyone know so long as he gets to be involved in his future excursions.

Those limitations seem reasonable, so I'll allow it. That settles the problem of Bramwell's investigations then?

And whether he gets involved in the vigilante activity is up to you, as I said I can make it work.

Augustus is in the hero dorms so I suppose he could be Tyler's roommate, so that would also work.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:53 pm

I apologize for my inactivity. I am having writers block. That and I have no idea what's going on.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:55 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:I apologize for my inactivity. I am having writers block. That and I have no idea what's going on.

Well, we just timeskipped to Christmas.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:I apologize for my inactivity. I am having writers block. That and I have no idea what's going on.

It's the lack of things to do. I have very little idea what can/can't be done.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:01 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

Ah. That's a trickier matter. Your best bet would be to try to interact with someone, in that case, but not a ton of people have posted and some aren't free.

You could always have your character train their power or something, or maybe ask the staff about that chemical suit thingy. -Shrug-
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

Ah. That's a trickier matter. Your best bet would be to try to interact with someone, in that case, but not a ton of people have posted and some aren't free.

You could always have your character train their power or something, or maybe ask the staff about that chemical suit thingy. -Shrug-

Well, if anyone does want to interact, I'm open! Till then I guess I will take your suggestion about training.

Brechalht
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:52 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Holy crap! We can reenact this scene! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sevErtC9X8g

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:57 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Brechalht wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Holy crap! We can reenact this scene! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sevErtC9X8g

That would be very interesting!
Though in his current form, Harrison is not that powerful.
If it fits the RP, I could increase his how powerful he is though. :D

You can incrementally over time. Like my guy just learned he can run on walls.

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:35 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

I'm a staff. More like teacher, with Engineering and Communication background and affiliated with United Nations.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:14 am

Ugh, it has almost been a month since Orinon was last on. I want to do Christmas stuff with him and Cassie.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:01 pm

Brechalht wrote:
Directed here by Corrian. Thank you, friend. :D

Name: Harrison Connors
Appearance:
Nationality: Canadian
Powers/Abilities:
  • The ability to temporarily clone himself. Please note, these are exact copies to begin with, down to the clothing. However they may change attire through normal clothes changes, but the new clothing will remain after he cancels the clone.
  • The clones are able to work independently, but are joined to his actual body via the same consciousness. As such, Harry (Harrison) has very strong memory and multitasking capabilities.
  • Weakness: The abilities and cohesiveness of himself and his clones are limited by his mental capability. For example, 20 clones may clean windows, 7 may read books, 5 may carry on conversations, and 2-3 may play chess and the likes. The ability and cohesiveness of the clones behavior is inversely proportional to their numbers.
  • Note: He is susceptible to suggestion when competing taxing tasks.
Personality: Harrison is a very quiet, introspective person. He struggles with talking to others, unless they approach him first and in a friendly manner. As a result of his mental abilities, he is an excellent learner, and a library is a much better friend to him than any boy- or girl- in his life.
Bio: Born to a poor Canadian family, Harison grew up alone, while his parents worked in a factory. He was teased at school, and did not make any friends. He first discovered his incredible memory after several years of schooling, when he memorized several textbooks. (He has since forgotten them, realizing the knowledge was both pointless and strange to others around him.) he always had the ability to multitask, sitting alone in his house, he would entertain himself by playing brain games. After his mother died when he was 10, he felt so alone, he began to talk to himself. One day, while talking alone in his room, He answered himself. Quite literally, the clone appeared sitting opposite of him on the bed, and played brain games with him. Rather than being diagnosed with schizophrenia, government workers took him to the the school.
Quirks: He loves to read, still has a habit of talking to himself, and will pretend to sleep in class while controlling a clone that is at a cafe or arcade. He doesn't have a problem with this- he usually already knows the information in class anyway.
Alignment: Vigilante?

Accepted.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Hopefully Orinon comes back...Though I think they've been known to disappear for a while. But that would be frustrating if Cassie lost both her best friend AND her likely to-be-boyfriend to players disappearing...And probably really not good for her mental state.
My Last.FM and RYM

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:12 pm

Corrian wrote:Hopefully Orinon comes back...Though I think they've been known to disappear for a while. But that would be frustrating if Cassie lost both her best friend AND her likely to-be-boyfriend to players disappearing...And probably really not good for her mental state.

Yeah, they have a thing for disappearing suddenly, IIRC (I was in the first and second incarnations of this thing), and retconing their characters too, though then, I doubt they'll do that this time.

If you don't want to deal with psychological issues, just lampshade their absence. -Shrug-

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse