NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:College education?

The Academy only offers a few classes that would be considered college-level. Its main purpose is to teach the young superhumans how to deal with their powers, so all other education is basically supplementary.

He could use it to create better gadgets for himself. right now I only have a grappling hook for him that was made by his dad. Or, I could make him a teacher if that would be better.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Thu May 08, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:He could use it to create better gadgets for himself. right now I only have a grappling hook for him that was made by his dad. Or, I could make him a teacher if that would be better.

There is no reason why he couldn't be a student really, I was just suggesting that you should consider why he would want to go to the Academy. The character is accepted.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 1:12 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:He could use it to create better gadgets for himself. right now I only have a grappling hook for him that was made by his dad. Or, I could make him a teacher if that would be better.

There is no reason why he couldn't be a student really, I was just suggesting that you should consider why he would want to go to the Academy. The character is accepted.

Engineering classes. Something he didn't have access to.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 1:18 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Engineering classes. Something he didn't have access to.

That works.

A couple more things to keep in mind: There's currently a bit of a situation going on and arriving at the station isn't really possible right now, so it might work best if you have it as part of his story that he arrived along with some of the other new students earlier in the day. That way he can get involved in the current event. Also, he won't be allowed access to his weapons outside of classes where he'd need them to practice.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Engineering classes. Something he didn't have access to.

That works.

A couple more things to keep in mind: There's currently a bit of a situation going on and arriving at the station isn't really possible right now, so it might work best if you have it as part of his story that he arrived along with some of the other new students earlier in the day. That way he can get involved in the current event. Also, he won't be allowed access to his weapons outside of classes where he'd need them to practice.

Okay. Thanks. Mind giving me a quick Sit-rep so I can get onto it?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Okay. Thanks. Mind giving me a quick Sit-rep so I can get onto it?

Well, the Academy is currently being attacked by a mysterious evil force, which is why it would be rather problematic to try to arrive at the present time. That is why I suggested that he'd already arrived earlier in the day, so you could have him get involved right away.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Okay. Thanks. Mind giving me a quick Sit-rep so I can get onto it?

Well, the Academy is currently being attacked by a mysterious evil force, which is why it would be rather problematic to try to arrive at the present time. That is why I suggested that he'd already arrived earlier in the day, so you could have him get involved right away.

Would he have his weapons during said evil force? I would imagine so.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 1:48 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Would he have his weapons during said evil force? I would imagine so.

His weapons would be locked up in the armory when he passed through the security checkpoint on arrival, and even during a potentially dangerous situation like that he wouldn't get them back. The current administration at the school doesn't want students to have access to weapons unless it's necessary for their training.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Would he have his weapons during said evil force? I would imagine so.

His weapons would be locked up in the armory when he passed through the security checkpoint on arrival, and even during a potentially dangerous situation like that he wouldn't get them back. The current administration at the school doesn't want students to have access to weapons unless it's necessary for their training.

Alright. Thanks for the info.

Edit: First post is up!
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Thu May 08, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 2:06 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Alright. Thanks for the info.

All the students have been confined to the dormitory floors for the duration of the crisis. I really need to get better at giving all the relevant information beforehand I think, sorry about that.

Edit: Also, the dormitory floors are being attacked by strange monsters composed of darkness, with the guards and students desperately fighting to keep them at bay.
Last edited by Mighty Asgard on Thu May 08, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Alright. Thanks for the info.

All the students have been confined to the dormitory floors for the duration of the crisis. I really need to get better at giving all the relevant information beforehand I think, sorry about that.

No problem.

Edit: There. He's in his dorm. Please tell me he's allowed to wear his outfit.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Thu May 08, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 2:16 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Edit: There. He's in his dorm. Please tell me he's allowed to wear his outfit.

Yes. As long as it isn't a weapon it is allowed. For example another students has used his powers to build a powered suit of battle armor with lots of weapons and whatnot attached, that is restricted. Any sort of outfit that is just clothes or kevlar or anything similar, not dangerous in other words, would be allowed.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Edit: There. He's in his dorm. Please tell me he's allowed to wear his outfit.

Yes. As long as it isn't a weapon it is allowed. For example another students has used his powers to build a powered suit of battle armor with lots of weapons and whatnot attached, that is restricted. Any sort of outfit that is just clothes or kevlar or anything similar, not dangerous in other words, would be allowed.

It's not. Just a very hi-quality Kevlar vest and armor for his arms and legs and a ballistic mask.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Thu May 08, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:It's not. Just a very hi-quality Kevlar vest and armor for his arms and legs and a ballistic mask.

That is allowed. Though some people might mock him if he wears it all the time because constantly wearing your outfit is considered being 'preppy' at the Academy.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 2:24 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:It's not. Just a very hi-quality Kevlar vest and armor for his arms and legs and a ballistic mask.

That is allowed. Though some people might mock him if he wears it all the time because constantly wearing your outfit is considered being 'preppy' at the Academy.

He doesn't know that. He's new.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 08, 2014 2:28 pm

And only 1 of my 6 characters even has a costume...
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 2:32 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:He doesn't know that. He's new.

That will surely be a great source of entertainment for everyone involved. And he can't even punch people for mocking him because he's an adult and most others are technically kids and that would make him seem like a kid-puncher.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:He doesn't know that. He's new.

That will surely be a great source of entertainment for everyone involved. And he can't even punch people for mocking him because he's an adult and most others are technically kids and that would make him seem like a kid-puncher.

Gotta break in the new guy. And I'm sure starting a fight in a school where super powered teenagers go is an... Unhealthy idea. Even for someone with a healing factor.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 08, 2014 2:38 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Gotta break in the new guy. And I'm sure starting a fight in a school where super powered teenagers go is an... Unhealthy idea. Even for someone with a healing factor.

The guards keep a close eye on everyone and there are power suppressors installed throughout the station that can be activated to quickly put the lid on any situation before it literally erupts into flames, so the real worry would be getting detention for starting trouble.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:before it literally erupts into flames

:rofl:

Ah, the life of living in a super powered school...
My Last.FM and RYM

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Corrian wrote:And only 1 of my 6 characters even has a costume...

If you're gonna be a superhero/villain/vigilante you gotta have a costume! That's like half the fun and practically a rule!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 08, 2014 3:35 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:If you're gonna be a superhero/villain/vigilante you gotta have a costume! That's like half the fun and practically a rule!

The thing is...Most of my characters don't care about that aspect.

Let's see:
You got Caitlin, who is the one who actually is into the whole thing. Her favorite superhero and big influence is Batman, after all. Before she even had powers he was an influence on her wanting to be a Vigilante of sorts. Then developing powers? Heck yeah she's going to actually add a costume on there. Though I bet you anything she would still get a costume without having powers, and then suddenly she turns into like the Kick-Ass movie. She's all into becoming this bad ass phaser. I ended up making her kind of have boring powers, but I have an idea for normal things to actually make her power useful, where she's going to learn how to be really good at sword fighting and whatnot. Maybe some karate, too. And there's ideas we've discussed for how phasing could develop in the future.

Cassie:
Cassie is a traumatized 15-year old teenage girl with Post-traumatic stress disorder and major depressive disorder. She always acts really nervous, like she's having some sort of mental issues, and gets scared really easily. And the smallest thing can make her have other issues, as well. She has practically no interest in learning anything combat related, and except a particular event in her past, probably would never even hurt a fly. And besides, the thing that did happen in her past hasn't helped with her mental issues whatsoever, and she feels sick inside for what she did. So I doubt she would do very well with any actual hero work, and in fact, she attempted that once and had serious emotional issues from it. All of this makes her not feel all that excited about the concept of wearing a costume and fightin' crime or something.

Cassandra:
Cassandra is a rebellious teenager (Weren't all of us kind of at one point?) that had major substance abuse issues, though now she was sorta forced off everything because of the school not allowing any of that kind of stuff on the station (understandably). Which probably won't really help with her rebellious attitude, seeing as she's going to have major withdrawal issues from it. In general she has quite the attitude, and in about an hour of being at the school, she called a teacher an asshole to his face. While she's going to learn how to sword fight, as well, that sort of development being her main focus of powers, I doubt she'd care about the whole "Costumed vigilante" crap.

Kira:
Kira's just all around really happy, really nice, really quite weird, tries to help everyone that she can, has a Russian accent, and so on. I could actually see her getting a costume later. Though, I guess in a way you could consider the fact she walks around the school with a masquerade mask on all the time as sort of her costume. One of my only 2 heroes out of my characters.

Jodelle:
Is tied to an entity of sorts (RP'd by my sister), and has had a bit of a rough life, with no real comfortable home for a long time (Due to her entity), until now. She seems to kinda keep to herself and her entity most of the time, and I really can't see her caring about that whole costumed vigilante thing, either.

Andrew:
Exists to be an asshole. Decided the school needed a bully, because my thought process is lovely like that, so I made him. Though I never found that I play the bully types very well, so he's pretty much ignored most of the time until I come up with the best times for him to actually be, I dunno, a somewhat intelligent bully, if you could call him intelligent. Just...better than my other bully characters. Who all were really dumb and not very well thought out at all. He pretty much exists to cause problems here and there, and I doubt he'd care about being a costumed anything, either.
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Thu May 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Remember, somewhere on the station Alexi is having a cagematch with these things.

The station has burst into flames. :D
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Corrian wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:If you're gonna be a superhero/villain/vigilante you gotta have a costume! That's like half the fun and practically a rule!

The thing is...Most of my characters don't care about that aspect.

Let's see:
You got Caitlin, who is the one who actually is into the whole thing. Her favorite superhero and big influence is Batman, after all. Before she even had powers he was an influence on her wanting to be a Vigilante of sorts. Then developing powers? Heck yeah she's going to actually add a costume on there. Though I bet you anything she would still get a costume without having powers, and then suddenly she turns into like the Kick-Ass movie. She's all into becoming this bad ass phaser. I ended up making her kind of have boring powers, but I have an idea for normal things to actually make her power useful, where she's going to learn how to be really good at sword fighting and whatnot. Maybe some karate, too. And there's ideas we've discussed for how phasing could develop in the future.

Cassie:
Cassie is a traumatized 15-year old teenage girl with Post-traumatic stress disorder and major depressive disorder. She always acts really nervous, like she's having some sort of mental issues, and gets scared really easily. And the smallest thing can make her have other issues, as well. She has practically no interest in learning anything combat related, and except a particular event in her past, probably would never even hurt a fly. And besides, the thing that did happen in her past hasn't helped with her mental issues whatsoever, and she feels sick inside for what she did. So I doubt she would do very well with any actual hero work, and in fact, she attempted that once and had serious emotional issues from it. All of this makes her not feel all that excited about the concept of wearing a costume and fightin' crime or something.

Cassandra:
Cassandra is a rebellious teenager (Weren't all of us kind of at one point?) that had major substance abuse issues, though now she was sorta forced off everything because of the school not allowing any of that kind of stuff on the station (understandably). Which probably won't really help with her rebellious attitude, seeing as she's going to have major withdrawal issues from it. In general she has quite the attitude, and in about an hour of being at the school, she called a teacher an asshole to his face. While she's going to learn how to sword fight, as well, that sort of development being her main focus of powers, I doubt she'd care about the whole "Costumed vigilante" crap.

Kira:
Kira's just all around really happy, really nice, really quite weird, tries to help everyone that she can, has a Russian accent, and so on. I could actually see her getting a costume later. Though, I guess in a way you could consider the fact she walks around the school with a masquerade mask on all the time as sort of her costume. One of my only 2 heroes out of my characters.

Jodelle:
Is tied to an entity of sorts (RP'd by my sister), and has had a bit of a rough life, with no real comfortable home for a long time (Due to her entity), until now. She seems to kinda keep to herself and her entity most of the time, and I really can't see her caring about that whole costumed vigilante thing, either.

Andrew:
Exists to be an asshole. Decided the school needed a bully, because my thought process is lovely like that, so I made him. Though I never found that I play the bully types very well, so he's pretty much ignored most of the time until I come up with the best times for him to actually be, I dunno, a somewhat intelligent bully, if you could call him intelligent. Just...better than my other bully characters. Who all were really dumb and not very well thought out at all. He pretty much exists to cause problems here and there, and I doubt he'd care about being a costumed anything, either.

Dude. Relax. I was kidding around. Personally if superheroes were real and I happened to be one of them I wouldn't wear a costume.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu May 08, 2014 3:44 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Corrian wrote:The thing is...Most of my characters don't care about that aspect.

Let's see:

Cassie:

Cassandra:

Kira:

Jodelle:

Andrew:

Dude. Relax. I was kidding around. Personally if superheroes were real and I happened to be one of them I wouldn't wear a costume.

I don't thing Corrian took your post all that seriously. He makes those kinds of posts sometimes for the hell of it.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse