NATION

PASSWORD

World of Conquest (Alt Hist, OOC CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Wed May 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Acroticus wrote:
Dires wrote:Also if its 50 years later, do we have rail?

Well the Steam Engine was invented in Andorra in 1703.... :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Some very basic rail I suppose. Most nations would have either none, or very few connecting only major cities and not moving through difficult terrain ie mountains.

RAIL FOR CHINA!

Dires
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Wed May 29, 2013 10:43 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:
Acroticus wrote:
Well the Steam Engine was invented in Andorra in 1703.... :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Some very basic rail I suppose. Most nations would have either none, or very few connecting only major cities and not moving through difficult terrain ie mountains.

RAIL FOR CHINA!

Yeah lol, I was wondering about a rail for the Silk Road
Role-Plays:

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/400019/

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Wed May 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Dires wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:RAIL FOR CHINA!

Schmeh. Not really worth the expense, IMHO.

Dires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Wed May 29, 2013 11:38 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:
Dires wrote:

Schmeh. Not really worth the expense, IMHO.

Totally would be, it would be faster and safer than trade by sea. if a direct rail could be built. I control a huge portion of that land anyway.
Role-Plays:

Political Compass

Acroticus
Senator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Acroticus » Thu May 30, 2013 7:32 am

Mishmahig wrote:
Acroticus wrote:
Well, I'd assume that Nova got there first is the only thing (as he would have had a resupplying area (Sinai)), so I can't just give you the best land lickity split, else it would be unfair.... what do you think of the foothold I gave you on that last map?

Eh, strategic vulnerability, but I'd set it up as a puppet state with sweeping freedoms, etc, etc, then promptly unleash it on Anhk's colonies.

Good enough for me.

I am going to give you a little more as well, since Nova did get some of the best deals in this new map.

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 am

Ublia
Senator

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ublia » Thu May 30, 2013 8:43 am

Acroticus wrote:(Image)

Hmmm that looks fun.
A Canadian Green Tory and Nationalist, who loves History, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and is always down to RP

"'Whither is God?' He cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him- you and I.'"- F. Neitzsche, The Gay Science
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51
Canada, Green and or Red Toryism, Environmentalism, Canadian Nationalism, Neo-Classical Realism
Neutral: Eggplants and Switzerland
Against: Communism, Separatism in Canada, Social Conservatism, Critical Theory (the last few years have been harsh), DESCARTES (don't blame me blame the Meditations)

Dires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Thu May 30, 2013 9:13 am

Why does Japan have no N.A. colonies? Not even Alaska or Canada.

We also need to recruit one or two more people to play Middle-Eastern or Indian nations.
Last edited by Dires on Thu May 30, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Role-Plays:

Political Compass

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Thu May 30, 2013 9:50 am

Dires wrote:

We also need to recruit one or two more people to play Middle-Eastern or Indian nations.

Well, as I said before, there's not going to be an Indian nation for some time; it will remain colonizeable for a while.

As far as the middle east, it is all already owned! :p

Ralnis never told me he wanted a New World colony, and I was unsure that the Japanese would want one.

Ublia wrote:

Hmmm that looks fun.

So you are happy with your holdings?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 am

Ralnis wrote:
Acroticus wrote:Like this? (Image)

I would like to have some of Panama or Alaska, but my claims looks good for me.

I did ask for either Panama or Alaska though, and this was on the last page.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Dires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Thu May 30, 2013 10:35 am

Acroticus wrote:
Dires wrote:

Well, as I said before, there's not going to be an Indian nation for some time; it will remain colonizeable for a while.

Ralnis never told me he wanted a New World colony, and I was unsure that the Japanese would want one.

Ublia wrote:
Hmmm that looks fun.

The Middle East shouldn't be one block. Even under the Ottoman Empire, it was never even close. Especially the farther East you went, their were always a ton of pissant khanate/sultanates
Role-Plays:

Political Compass

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Thu May 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Dires wrote:
Acroticus wrote:

The Middle East shouldn't be one block. Even under the Ottoman Empire, it was never even close. Especially the farther East you went, their were always a ton of pissant khanate/sultanates

*sigh* this is alternate history. So the Persian Empire could still be in power (Which did own basically the entire middle east :p )

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Thu May 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I would like to have some of Panama or Alaska, but my claims looks good for me.

I did ask for either Panama or Alaska though, and this was on the last page.

It is done!

Halleon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:18 pm

In regards to the Middle East if the Great Schism never happened then most of Islam even today would most likely still be united, however in this version of history the Levatine Empire is more Jewish I think then it is Muslim. It wouldn't be impossible to conquer and unite the Middle East several leaders did it even if they just ruled with puppet states.

Side Note: I'm gonna ask around for some players to join as the new nations we have.
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."
―Varys to Tyrion Lannister

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Thu May 30, 2013 3:21 pm

OH GAWD!
Hal don't kill me ;-;
True teaching is not an accumulation of knowledge; it is an awaking of consciousness which goes through successive stages.

The best and shortest road towards knowledge of truth is Nature.

Social good is what brings peace to family and society.

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Jerusalemian wrote:OH GAWD!
Hal don't kill me ;-;

Lol why would I try to kill you, did I miss something or did you do something Jer? :p
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Thu May 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Halleon wrote:
Jerusalemian wrote:OH GAWD!
Hal don't kill me ;-;

Lol why would I try to kill you, did I miss something or did you do something Jer? :p

We share a border near Somalia.
So you might try and take my fertile lands.
True teaching is not an accumulation of knowledge; it is an awaking of consciousness which goes through successive stages.

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Jerusalemian wrote:
Halleon wrote:

We share a border near Somalia.

Fertile Lands? No offense but I already have fertile farm land so invading somewhere for more farm land is kinda pointless, plus if you look at the map you are blocking a few people from expansion. Your in the way of Mish's North American Colonies, kinda in the way of Ubilia, and I'm guessing at some point you clashed with the Mayans or something since you got a foot hold there. I'm gonna be focusing on the Americas or mainly development. Pretty much your on the hit list for a few players but I'm not gonna invade and try to take Somalia unless you start a war with me so your safe for now. 8)

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Thu May 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Halleon wrote:
Jerusalemian wrote:We share a border near Somalia.

Fertile Lands? No offense but I already have fertile farm land so invading somewhere for more farm land is kinda pointless, plus if you look at the map you are blocking a few people from expansion. Your in the way of Mish's North American Colonies, kinda in the way of Ubilia, and I'm guessing at some point you clashed with the Mayans or something since you got a foot hold there. I'm gonna be focusing on the Americas or mainly development. Pretty much your on the hit list for a few players but I'm not gonna invade and try to take Somalia unless you start a war with me so your safe for now. 8)

:/
Well that reassures my friendly relations with your nation.

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm

I want to establish a few more colonies in the Americas mainly South America and they will be small or medium sized colonies nothing grand.

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Halleon wrote:I want to establish a few more colonies in the Americas mainly South America and they will be small or medium sized colonies nothing grand.

Nothing Grand eh?
You say that then in 50 years you hold the entire continent.

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Jerusalemian wrote:
Halleon wrote:I want to establish a few more colonies in the Americas mainly South America and they will be small or medium sized colonies nothing grand.

Nothing Grand eh?

In 50 years I hold a big part of a continent but there's no way I could pull that off in South America. I could try and might succeed the only problem is being spread out all over the globe isn't always the best ideal. Plus I'm sure the race for colonies will be going at a faster rate now.

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Thu May 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Halleon wrote:
Jerusalemian wrote:Nothing Grand eh?

In 50 years I hold a big part of a continent but there's no way I could pull that off in South America. I could try and might succeed the only problem is being spread out all over the globe isn't always the best ideal. Plus I'm sure the race for colonies will be going at a faster rate now.

So.....*Declares war on Hal*
Lets have some suicidal fun with the Hellenic empire >:L

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:45 pm

I would love to goose step my way into Constantinople. :lol:

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Thu May 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Halleon wrote:I would love to goose step my way into Constantinople. :lol:

And I would love to march into Rome in the name of the Spaghetti monster :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse