NATION

PASSWORD

Roleplay of the World 1252 (IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mauretania Tingitana
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mauretania Tingitana » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Mauretania Tingitana wrote:100,000 men had been summoned to assist the Ayyubids against the Christians. The men were marching to Cairo, armed to the teeth and pulling with them equipment to storm whatever had been taken by the Crusaders.

However, on the way to the Ayyubid border, squatters were seen in the ruins of the old Christian city. Seeing another opportunity to quell potential Christian insurrection, the Maghrebi army attacked the disgusting Frenchmen.

Elsewhere, the remaining 200,000 troops were being recruited to take back Iberia for the umpteenth time.

OOC: These are crappy conscripts mostly, right?

OOC: No, they are elite mechanized drone ships.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:31 am

Mauretania Tingitana wrote:
Alleniana wrote:OOC: These are crappy conscripts mostly, right?

OOC: No, they are elite mechanized drone ships.

OOC: Thank goodness :p
jk
And better stop OOC in IC before someone tells us off

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Mauretania Tingitana wrote:OOC: No, they are elite mechanized drone ships.

OOC: Thank goodness :p
jk
And better stop OOC in IC before someone tells us off

OOC: OOC in OOC!!!
IC:

Salyan
Azerbaijan

"Open the gates, open them!" Screams started from the Azerbaijani Army as they pounded on the doors. The Pereyaslavlites reponded with a hail of arrows.

"Colonel Stasov is coming with his host soon, right?" Kashkin asked Kovalenko.

"Yes. I hope they arrive in time. I didn't expect the entire Azerbaijani Army to be on our doorstep." Kovalenko said.

"Open the gates!" Kovalenko ordered. The army readied themselves. The gates opened and the Pereyaslavlites charged out, ready to meet the Azerbaijani. Scimitars flashed and halberds cut and stabbed and Kashkin enjoyed every moment of it. He gracefully spun and delicately removed an enemy soldier's head.

"I've sieged plenty of cities before, but never been besieged!" He shouted. He hacked the hand of an enemy off before stabbing him through the face.

"It's not so bad!" The Azerbaijani were poorly equipped and appeared exhausted, and at the end of the day, they threw their weapons down and declared Azerbaijan a territory of Pereyaslavl.

"Wait, where was Stasov's host?" Kashkin asked Kovalenko later.

Southern Azerbaijan
Three hours before Treaty of Salyan

"Let's go." Colonel Stasov and Captain Khamov advanced slowly through the plains, trying to make their way to Salyan.

"There!" They pounced on an Azerbaijani man trying to slink away.

"Kill me! Kill me before they do!" He screamed. Stasov grabbed his knife and was about to do the deed when an arrow punched through his armor and lifted him backwards before he was firmly planted on the ground dead. Khamov scrambled back with the prisoner. A group of horsemen were riding for them.

"RUN!" The Azerbaijani soldier screamed. The two men ran back to the Pereyaslavl host, the riders in hot pursuit. Stasov's host of three hundred soldiers waited for them.

"Unknown enemy contacts! Stasov is dead!" Khamov yelled. A thunder came from outside. The Riders had come.

The Pereyaslavlites bravely donned their armor and readied the halberds, swords and axes as the Riders bore down on them. Khamov gripped a halberd, and swung the ax-spear hybrid. It caught a horse's neck. He tore it out and plunged it into a Rider's breastplate. Across the camp, the Riders were cutting down the Pereyaslavlites who were trying to flee. Khamov bravely swung his halberd and cut a Rider's throat, then he felt a pain from behind and knew an arrow had struck him. He spat blood and used the staff of the halberd as a quarterstaff, striking the shooter. He gripped his weapon and plunged down. He quickly rose his weapon to block a sword, and an arrow struck his chest. He fell, gasping. The arrow had not penetrated his armor but at that range he could feel the impact. A man stood above him with the oddest features Khamov had ever seen. His hair was black and straight and his eyes were tapered. Khamov would have called the man beautiful if he had not carried a sword.

"Ogedei Khan sends his regards." The man whispered in accented Russian and the sword descended on Khamov's neck.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 pm

A rather, large, well-built ship was being loaded. Carts were being pushed onboard full of barrels, then being pushed out again empty. Nobody knew what was in the barrels, except for a few select supervisors and officials, and they wouldn't tell. There were many soldiers and in general, a lot of people there, but the ship was very highly protected, and so nobody but the carters, the sailors, a few soldiers and the officials were allowed aboard, and a constant guard was kept on the quay around it. The vigil was maintained as carts brought more and more barrels to fill up the hold.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:31 pm

"SIR! He's accepted!" Screamed Riley's advisor. "Frisia is our vassal!"

He kept calm but in his head fireworks were going off. "T...That's... amazing!"

You know the drill, he gives a speech to his new subjects, stuff like that. I'll keep it interesting and just say that it happened.
yee haw it's time for mass line

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Sofia, Vlach-Yugoslavian Imperium
After returning from the war,Dux Tiberius had seen that his wonderful son had finished ordering constructions, the Bulgar King Vladimir was pleased with his ambitions. with the returning of the war Tiberius as Martial had noticed the in ethiancy of the Bulgar warriors who were quite well armoured and had potential but lacked organisation and professionalism, so Dux Tiberius decided to form the 1rst Bulgar legion of ten thousand men who would be armed heavily with a large shield, hatchet, sword and spear and would be mounted on horses on the bad days, they were to be trained extensively with harsh physical testing and making them learn to read and write, and making them learn to build roasds from Tiberius' diagrams.

Sofia 2.0 VYI
Tsar Vladimir had settle back into his palace after the war, he had set the ownership of the new Serbian lands to Grand Prince Tiberius or as he liked to call himself Dux whatever that meant, meanwhile Vladimir was thinking of ways to make his people more populous, he had an Idea, and he issued a royal decree
TO THE PEOPLE OF THE TSARDUM
TO ALL THAT MAY CONSERN
on decree of the Great Tsar and his great Advisor
Any good Bulgar or Vlach families that have children shall be paid by the state, the more children you have the more the state will fund you!
to help with this project Several nun birthing Hospitals shall be built!
Deus Victrix Imperium!
Last edited by The imperial canadian dutchy on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:54 am

Hey
Alleniana wrote:Finally, for one of the first time in the history of Pisa, the full might of the Pisan fleet was being marshalled in a single place for a single purpose. And what better place than the city of Pisa, origin of this great nation? Near a thousand ships would eventually be there for some purpose or another, and now, a number were to take the Pope's troops. Meanwhile, the Pisan troops would take a different route...
To the King of France,
Greetings. Surely, you have heard of the great Crusade being called on the heathens to your south of Iberia, so that the loyal Christians may be freed. For this purpose, we ask that you grant us the allowance to march our troops through your land, and cross the Pyrenees to do battle. We would appreciate this, as we are sure all the Crusaders and the Pope would. We will pay for any trouble they cause along the way. Is this acceptable? We hope it is.
From the Council of Pisa

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:44 am

To Pisa:
Yes, we are willing to let you send as many men through our borders as you wish. We just ask that you provide transportation for 72,000 more men to New Paris. Up until now, they have been training in France, and are now drilled and ready to fight.
From King Louis IX
OOC: I don't know how many monarchs named Louis France has had up until this point, so I'm arbitrarily picking IX and will keep score from there. Also, Happy 1253, everyone! No one else noticed that over 12 pages of RP have passed?
Last edited by The Republic of Llamas on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mauretania Tingitana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mauretania Tingitana » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:22 pm

The Republic of Llamas wrote:To Pisa:
Yes, we are willing to let you send as many men through our borders as you wish. We just ask that you provide transportation for 72,000 more men to New Paris. Up until now, they have been training in France, and are now drilled and ready to fight.
From King Louis IX
OOC: I don't know how many monarchs named Louis France has had up until this point, so I'm arbitrarily picking IX and will keep score from there. Also, Happy 1253, everyone! No one else noticed that over 12 pages of RP have passed?

OOC: I'm invading your "city" right now.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:46 pm

The Republic of Llamas wrote:To Pisa:
From King Louis IX

To the King of France,
We shall. However, for us to be able to do so without bankrupting ourselves in this dire time of Crusade, we will still need to charge a barebone fee. Rest assured, however, that this is the lowest fee we can provide, and does not provide profit. We can pick them up in Nice. Also, we thank you for your allowance to pass through your lands. We will begin our troops' movement now.
From the Council of Pisa

As the letter stated, Pisa would transport France's troops to "New Paris". However, the fee WOULD provide a small profit, although one so small it would barely be noticed. Old habits died hard. Meanwhile, the troops assembled in Pisa, now ready to go, began their long march up through Tuscany, round the Ligurian Sea, past Provence, south of the Massif Central in France and finally to the Pyrenees.

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:02 am

Louis saw the Maghrebi army from the ramparts and swore. There was no way that he would be able to win, but...

"To the walls! We shall defend the city, no matter what the cost!" All the men cheered. This was their chance for glory, their chance for honor, and above all, their chance to fight for their god. The men were well drilled and trained. They would not break.

OOC: I calculated that it would take my army about 6 days to reach New Paris. My advance force of 12,000 inside the city is made up of disciplined and motivated troops, so it all comes down to whether I can hold out to repeated assaults. when my army gets here, I will be outnumbered, but my men have been training for about 5 months since I made the post first reforming my army, so I'll have better men that will probably give me an edge.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:38 am

To the Potato, The Mashable One :p
Greetings. We would like to ask about the Crusade. Who is participating? We have already sent a sizeable army, and we know that your troops are en route, but who else is coming? We have heard rumors of Kiev, Great Russia and possibly Pereyaslavl, and we know that France is occupied in "New Paris", as they call it. We have also heard that the Crusader States are participating by harassing them to the east, and rumors of the Kingdom of Prester John. Can you give us any definite information?
From Pisa

Mauretania Tingitana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mauretania Tingitana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:39 am

The Republic of Llamas wrote:Louis saw the Maghrebi army from the ramparts and swore. There was no way that he would be able to win, but...

"To the walls! We shall defend the city, no matter what the cost!" All the men cheered. This was their chance for glory, their chance for honor, and above all, their chance to fight for their god. The men were well drilled and trained. They would not break.

OOC: I calculated that it would take my army about 6 days to reach New Paris. My advance force of 12,000 inside the city is made up of disciplined and motivated troops, so it all comes down to whether I can hold out to repeated assaults. when my army gets here, I will be outnumbered, but my men have been training for about 5 months since I made the post first reforming my army, so I'll have better men that will probably give me an edge.

OOC: What walls?! You're squatting in ruins!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 am

Mauretania Tingitana wrote:
The Republic of Llamas wrote:Louis saw the Maghrebi army from the ramparts and swore. There was no way that he would be able to win, but...

OOC: What walls?! You're squatting in ruins!

NICHT OOC IN DER IC!

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Greetings. We would like to ask about the Crusade. Who is participating? We have already sent a sizeable army, and we know that your troops are en route, but who else is coming? We have heard rumors of Kiev, Great Russia and possibly Pereyaslavl, and we know that France is occupied in "New Paris", as they call it. We have also heard that the Crusader States are participating by harassing them to the east, and rumors of the Kingdom of Prester John. Can you give us any definite information?
From Pisa

POTATO

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 am

The Republic of Llamas wrote:
Alleniana wrote:
From Pisa

POTATO

OOC: That's his official title. The Potato, the Mashable One, He Who May Be Deep Fried, Hot or Cold, Most Edible Foodstuff, etc.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse