NATION

PASSWORD

The Hunger Games (IC/Closed.)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Ravenflight
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Hunger Games (IC/Closed.)

Postby Ravenflight » Mon May 13, 2013 10:15 am

Reaping day was over. The tributes where on the trains going at hundreds of miles per hour. Soon they would be at the capitol and the hunger games would begin. Panem would watch as their children fight to surive the arena

Emily sat on the train. She was crying quite clearly as she sat on her bed on the train. She knew there was almost no chance of her getting home. She wiped her tears then went back into the carriage
OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=240955
Last edited by Ravenflight on Wed May 15, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm PANGENDER
ONE NATION TORIES ARE 1% SUPPORTERS
By our Ancestors, For our Children. Join the Viking Party
My Political Beliefs
Senator Daniel Björn

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am

When Ted went out of his room (is that right?) he heard some sobbing, but just as he tries to locate where the sobbing person is he/she suddenly stopped. "They might have realized that we are all sentenced to death here." He thought to himself, but even though his minds were cluttered he went to a dining hall themed carriage and stayed there thinking that he could see some of the other tributes.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon May 13, 2013 10:39 am

Cassus leaned back in his seat, staring at the ceiling with his usual 'fuck-it-all' stare, not caring about that he was probabaly going to die in the next few days.

To be honest, he didn't really care. As long as he took down as many of the others as possible before he went down, he was fine with the concept of death. After all, death was a release from the eternal misery of the Districts, and if he won he'd escape that as well.

It was win-win, in his opinion.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Mon May 13, 2013 11:17 am

Eva was busy in her room brushing her hair long black with a special brush that her mother gave her it was handcrafted by her grandmother who died some years back just before the death of her father. That day...that distant memory many years old felt like it just happened yesterday "I miss you father...I really do." She whispered hoping he might hear her but he was dead and never hear her. Eva sighed as she looked in the mirror, reflecting back at her with gray eyes filled with sorrow "I guess this is the end? Either I win today or die...but I will win for the Lionheart name."

She said with confidence as she put the brush down and headed out the door toward the carriage. As she walked pass the hallway Eva moved some hair away from her face and kept on walking toward her destination. Once she got there she noticed a empty seat,she took off her jacket and sat, looked out the window in a calm matter.Her grey eyes watched the sky it was blue yet grey with clouds.Eva looked down and whispered "For Lionheart."
Last edited by Jerusalemian on Mon May 13, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
True teaching is not an accumulation of knowledge; it is an awaking of consciousness which goes through successive stages.

The best and shortest road towards knowledge of truth is Nature.

Social good is what brings peace to family and society.

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Mon May 13, 2013 11:22 am

OOC: Each district has their own tribute train, correct? That's what I recall from the books. If so, only same-district tributes will be able to interact with each other.

Stephen sat in his room, alone, dazed. and somewhat teary-eyed. Reaping day was always a nightmare, and nothing could save you from it. He thought back to his life, perhaps to ensure he had lived what.

He was an only child, born to what could be called a middle class household. His mother was a homemaker, and his father was a medium-high ranking engineer in the nuclear power plants back in his district. He always had a large circle of friends and family that he loved, and who loved him back. He would always try to make time for his family, and in his spare time he'd sneak off to the school library and just lose himself in a pile of books.

Going over his life, he felt satisfied on his decisions. For a moment, he was confused about why he was remembering his life. Was he accepting his fate, thinking he was going to die, and was thus assuring himself that he lived a full life? Yes, but heck no! He would survive, and would plan accordingly. And if he did die, he would be content with himself. He shifted his mind, trying to suppress the depression attempting to overpower his mind and thoughts. He fished around in his coat pocket - District 5 was unusually cold this year, even at this time - and pulled out a little prayerbook, constructed and made with some sort of radiation-resistant material. It was a gift from his father, who gave it to him in the Justice Building right after the reaping. It was simple, containing various prayers for various things, and simple good thoughts and sayings. He would take some time to find peace with this, and then prepare for the matter at hand. He opened it, read some of the listed prayers, and then prepared for his plan. First of all, he needed allies, people he could trust. Right now, he'd try his district partner - sharing a home district often builds deep loyalties between tributes. He'd look at the other reapings later on, and work from there.

Nu Sparta
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nu Sparta » Mon May 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Aurelia was sitting in the dinning carriage at the table waiting to be served, it was after all almost dinner time. She was wearing a slim shimmering green dress down to her ankles, accented with by golden hoop earrings with multiple emerald colored stones hanging from them. Her hair was up with two buns on each side and then curls hanging down from them. She had been told by her mother it was a style all the rage in the capital right now. At the moment she wasn't wearing shoes as the large heels hurt her feet, but she wouldn't be caught without them once they reached the city.

Ted, the male tribute from her district walked in just as the large assortment of food was being served. It somewhat amazed her, the large amounts being brought to them. Living in district one and her family being somewhat rich compared to district standards food was never absent in their home, but even still she'd never seen so much at one time or prepared in such a manner. It was as if the food had been decorated just to be eaten.

Slowly picking through the food she filled her plate and spoke softly.

"It seems your just on time to eat. Of course you know that while we are in the capital that we must keep up appearances Ted. Being on time... No, being early where ever we must be will help give that appearance."

She looked up at him, examining him with her hazel-golden eyes.

"I do hope you have something in fashion to wear for when we get there."

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon May 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Cassus leaned back in his seat, staring at the ceiling with his usual 'fuck-it-all' stare, not caring about that he was probabaly going to die in the next few days.

To be honest, he didn't really care. As long as he took down as many of the others as possible before he went down, he was fine with the concept of death. After all, death was a release from the eternal misery of the Districts, and if he won he'd escape that as well.

Felicia had volunteered her own death. It was natural, of course, most did it in District One and Two, and she wasn't about to start shaming her own family name for not volunteering. She had put as much tesserae in as possible, as well, but the volunteering had been her own engineering, and, now looking back on it, was stupid. She had thought about it the entire time. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Was all she could think. Of course, she didn't show any of these emotions. She was reclining in one of the comfortable seats, hands locked together behind her hair, which was done up in a bun.

Looking over to the other boy who was with her, a boy she didn't know well. Cassus, was his name. "Hey, Cassus right?" She asked, blinking her pretty blue eyes twice, being as charming as possible.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon May 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Cassus leaned back in his seat, staring at the ceiling with his usual 'fuck-it-all' stare, not caring about that he was probabaly going to die in the next few days.

Felicia had volunteered her own death. It was natural, of course, most did it in District One and Two, and she wasn't about to start shaming her own family name for not volunteering. She had put as much tesserae in as possible, as well, but the volunteering had been her own engineering, and, now looking back on it, was stupid. She had thought about it the entire time. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Was all she could think. Of course, she didn't show any of these emotions. She was reclining in one of the comfortable seats, hands locked together behind her hair, which was done up in a bun.

Looking over to the other boy who was with her, a boy she didn't know well. Cassus, was his name. "Hey, Cassus right?" She asked, blinking her pretty blue eyes twice, being as charming as possible.

"What? There's no point in talking, we're both going to die in there." Cassus replied as he continued to stare at the featureless ceiling.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Mon May 13, 2013 1:00 pm

"My sincerest apologies, madam" Ted said as he sat down next to Aurelia "I didn't know that you would be dressed just for dinner, and may I ask on why you don't have foot wear?" He continued. Ted filled his plate slowly and stares at Ayrelia's hazel coloured eyes as if admiring them.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:

"What? There's no point in talking, we're both going to die in there." Cassus replied as he continued to stare at the featureless ceiling.

"Ugh, God, be that way." She said, slightly frustrated. She left her seat, looking for a pad of paper and a pencil. Finding them on a desk not too far away, she sat back down, this time across from Cassus, and simply wrote down "Number one: Cassus"
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Communist republic of altorus
Minister

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist republic of altorus » Mon May 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Stephen was in his usually calm, friendly state as he sat alone in his white robes which had a speck of blood on the collar. Eventually he decided with a heavy heart, to go to the dining cart and get a meal. He kept his machete immaculate in the worn surroundings. Stephen was the son of a poor electronics worker and a mother who worked as a shoemaker. He knew he needed friends if he was to survive the battles.
Last edited by Communist republic of altorus on Mon May 13, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am autistic.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

If life gives you lemons, sell them

BlackSylvania
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby BlackSylvania » Mon May 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Jordyn sat at the window of the train watching the terrain and towns go unemotionally as she thought about how her dad would do if she would die. She guessed that he would most likely commit suicide. Which she knew she had very high chance of. After some thought Jordyn decided she had to somehow work with the other tributes in order for her to have a chance at saving both her and her fathers life.
Last edited by BlackSylvania on Mon May 13, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nu Sparta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nu Sparta » Mon May 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:"My sincerest apologies, madam" Ted said as he sat down next to Aurelia "I didn't know that you would be dressed just for dinner, and may I ask on why you don't have foot wear?" He continued. Ted filled his plate slowly and stares at Ayrelia's hazel coloured eyes as if admiring them.

"The damn things hurt. Your a boy you don't understand what pains we women go through for fashion. The heels are what six inches tall plus their platforms. They aren't great in the way of support."

Aurelia leaned forward sipped a bit of soup of the spoon before continuing.

"While I'm not a big supporter of fashion, I... Excuse me. WE must look good while in attendance in the capital. Only one of use will be returning home, but until the end of the games we are still partners in this Ted. If one of us looks bad, then we both look bad. And looking back won't get us sponsors."

Aurelia was cutting up a piece of boar.

"I suggest after we eat we look at the reaping tapes for others. Figure out who we should join up with at the begin. Then we can discuss strategy together."

Ravenflight
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravenflight » Mon May 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Emily sighed and walked down to the cart where she had eaten last night. She bite her lip remembering the boy, Alex who she had tried to avoid talking to. She sat and looked out the window at the crowds of the capitol. "Happy hunger games." She whispered.
I'm PANGENDER
ONE NATION TORIES ARE 1% SUPPORTERS
By our Ancestors, For our Children. Join the Viking Party
My Political Beliefs
Senator Daniel Björn

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Mon May 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Nu Sparta wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:"My sincerest apologies, madam" Ted said as he sat down next to Aurelia "I didn't know that you would be dressed just for dinner, and may I ask on why you don't have foot wear?" He continued. Ted filled his plate slowly and stares at Ayrelia's hazel coloured eyes as if admiring them.

"The damn things hurt. Your a boy you don't understand what pains we women go through for fashion. The heels are what six inches tall plus their platforms. They aren't great in the way of support."

"While I'm not a big supporter of fashion, I... Excuse me. WE must look good while in attendance in the capital. Only one of use will be returning home, but until the end of the games we are still partners in this Ted. If one of us looks bad, then we both look bad. And looking back won't get us sponsors."

"I suggest after we eat we look at the reaping tapes for others. Figure out who we should join up with at the begin. Then we can discuss strategy together."

"Do I look too tall for you that you need six foot, excuse me, inches tall of heels? And while we're on the topic of fashion, should a three price suit suffice, Aurelia?" Ted still gazing at Aurelia's eyes. After a while he took a bite of the boar.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

"Ugh, God, be that way." She said, slightly frustrated. She left her seat, looking for a pad of paper and a pencil. Finding them on a desk not too far away, she sat back down, this time across from Cassus, and simply wrote down "Number one: Cassus"

"Just because you have a decent outlook on life.." Cassus said, irritated by his fellow tribute's initial optimism. "We're all going to die, might as well make the misery end with a bang. Or if I do win...?"

"I'm committing suicide. Let's see how the Capitol like their prized victor dying in them."

Nu Sparta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nu Sparta » Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Nu Sparta wrote:

"Do I look too tall for you that you need six foot, excuse me, inches tall of heels? And while we're on the topic of fashion, should a three price suit suffice, Aurelia?" Ted still gazing at Aurelia's eyes. After a while he took a bite of the boar.

"No you don't look to tall, its just the style. They will probably make me a little bit taller then you actually while I'm wearing them. Fashion is the capital is ridiculous if you ask me. The discoloring of skin and the pounds of makeup they use.

So long as the suit is shade of red or green then I'm sure it will be ok. You should powder your skin though so its a nice white. Pale tone is all the rage for men in the capital. Is there a stylist on board? We will need your facial hair trimmed and designed too."

After finishing her food she wiped her mouth and then proceed to apply a glittery light green lipstick.

"We should be in the capital by the end of the night so we will need to get you ready quickly. When your done I'll be waiting for you back here so we can go through the videos."

She stood up slowly, holding the bottom lining of her dress in her left hand.

"If you'll excuse me I must put on the rest of my makeup so that I might look ridiculous enough to please the important people."

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Nu Sparta wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:"Do I look too tall for you that you need six foot, excuse me, inches tall of heels? And while we're on the topic of fashion, should a three price suit suffice, Aurelia?" Ted still gazing at Aurelia's eyes. After a while he took a bite of the boar.

"No you don't look to tall, its just the style. They will probably make me a little bit taller then you actually while I'm wearing them. Fashion is the capital is ridiculous if you ask me. The discoloring of skin and the pounds of makeup they use.

So long as the suit is shade of red or green then I'm sure it will be ok. You should powder your skin though so its a nice white. Pale tone is all the rage for men in the capital. Is there a stylist on board? We will need your facial hair trimmed and designed too."

After finishing her food she wiped her mouth and then proceed to apply a glittery light green lipstick.

"We should be in the capital by the end of the night so we will need to get you ready quickly. When your done I'll be waiting for you back here so we can go through the videos."

She stood up slowly, holding the bottom lining of her dress in her left hand.

"If you'll excuse me I must put on the rest of my makeup so that I might look ridiculous enough to please the important people."

Ted suddenly grabs her right hand and says " You do not need to cake yourself with makeup to impress them." After which he said another statement in a joking manner "You are pale enough to be mistaken to have too much makeup." He then let go of her hand and started to finish his plate.

After he finished his plate he went to his quarters and grabbed his slightly red suit and tried it on "I don't really get this fashion stuff, I look ridiculous" he said to himself. "Anyways, I'd might as well show this to her since it's the only thing that is remotely close to what she requested." He kept thinking to himself as he approached Aurelia's quarters. When he was at the door he knocked.
Last edited by Emilio Aguinaldo on Mon May 13, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:

"Just because you have a decent outlook on life.." Cassus said, irritated by his fellow tribute's initial optimism. "We're all going to die, might as well make the misery end with a bang. Or if I do win...?"

"I'm committing suicide. Let's see how the Capitol like their prized victor dying in them."

She smirked, not looking up at him. "You know, we don't really seem like we're from the same district, do we? Stop being so soft, you..." She said playfully. "And you wouldn't commit suicide."

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Mon May 13, 2013 2:54 pm

OOC: Since there's no one else form District 8, I'm just gonna RP the character. She's gonna die quite soon, but still. Also, I love the movie Princess Bride, so I'll make a fair amount of references to it.

Temirath gets on the train, looking down at his ridiculously small feet. He hears someone saying, "Have fun storming the castle!", but even a funny Princess Bride quote can't lighten his mood. He is so sad he has to join the Hunger Games. He is rather peace-loving, and doesn't want to kill nor be killed. He then tells his friend, Kantkiss Neverclean who "happens" to be a girl about his troubles and his utter lack of a killing spirit, who replies, "Oh well. That's one less person I have to kill!"
Okay, maybe "friend" is stretching the title. More of a mortal foe. "But what if it hurts when someone kills me?"
"Life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something." she replied.
"Okay... I'll just try to take at least one person down with me."
"Hopefully that person isn't me!"
"I don't know... You are the closest to me at the beginning..." he told her.
"Oh well..."
Even though he would most likely die if he didn't have a friend to help him, he would still try to take that jerk, Kantkiss, down with him!
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Economic: -5.25
Social: -2.21
Join Oceanside!
Me: ODsT?
Sauritican: Orbital Drop shock Troopers from Halo?
Me: What does a ring around an angel's head have to do with anything?
Sauritican: dat video game foo :p
Me: I guess you are also gonna tell me how "Call of Duty- Wet Wipes Revenge" is educational, too?

If I am not on, it is likely because I am doing RL stuff. Sorry!

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Mon May 13, 2013 2:56 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:OOC: Since there's no one else form District 8, I'm just gonna RP the character. She's gonna die quite soon, but still. Also, I love the movie Princess Bride, so I'll make a fair amount of references to it.

Temirath gets on the train, looking down at his ridiculously small feet. He hears someone saying, "Have fun storming the castle!", but even a funny Princess Bride quote can't lighten his mood. He is so sad he has to join the Hunger Games. He is rather peace-loving, and doesn't want to kill nor be killed. He then tells his friend, Kantkiss Neverclean who "happens" to be a girl about his troubles and his utter lack of a killing spirit, who replies, "Oh well. That's one less person I have to kill!"
Okay, maybe "friend" is stretching the title. More of a mortal foe. "But what if it hurts when someone kills me?"
"Oh well..."
Even though he would most likely die if he didn't have a friend to help him, he would still try to take that jerk, Kantkiss, down with him!

OOC: Someone's been reading The Hunger Pains.....

OrigamiMaster
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby OrigamiMaster » Mon May 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Riysa wrote:
OrigamiMaster wrote:OOC: Since there's no one else form District 8, I'm just gonna RP the character. She's gonna die quite soon, but still. Also, I love the movie Princess Bride, so I'll make a fair amount of references to it.

"Oh well..."

OOC: I know. It's funny!
당신은 당신의 시간이 번역을 낭비!
Economic: -5.25
Social: -2.21
Join Oceanside!
Me: ODsT?
Sauritican: Orbital Drop shock Troopers from Halo?
Me: What does a ring around an angel's head have to do with anything?
Sauritican: dat video game foo :p
Me: I guess you are also gonna tell me how "Call of Duty- Wet Wipes Revenge" is educational, too?

If I am not on, it is likely because I am doing RL stuff. Sorry!

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 pm

OrigamiMaster wrote:
Riysa wrote:

OOC: I know. It's funny!

OOC: May Da Odds Eva Be In Ya Fava, Mon

The Plagued Lands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Plagued Lands » Mon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Billy sat on the train incredibly calm, or at least as calm as someone can be when they're about to die in a few days time. He watched the other districts fly by him as he made his way to the Capitol, where he would be fighting to the death with a bunch of other children. He had two goals: Survive as long as possible and kill as many other people as he could. The others would most likely underestimate him because he was from district 12 and didn't train his entire life like the snots from 1, 2 and 4. However... he could make an alliance with the others. They most likely wouldn't think much of him considering how quiet he was. Although he could start by befriending the other tribute from 12, Jordyn.

He never really knew her that well, he went to school with her his entire life but never really talked to her. He smiled to himself, remembering back a year or two ago his brother Joey was like in love with her, but never got the guts to talk to her. He started to feel sad when he thought about his brother. He never really had many friends, his other siblings were always either too old or two young for him to relate with and his mom was constantly working. So Joey was really his only friend growing up, being only a year older than Billy. He tried not to show it but Joey was devastated when Billy was reaped. He even cried for the first time since he was a baby.

Joey was the one who first showed Billy how to get into the woods. He would always go hunting, which Billy was never interested in. Billy cared about the plants, the poisons, the medicinal herbs and even just regular weeds. He would always just go out into nature and see what he could find and figure out what certain plants do what.

Billy looked over at Jordyn who was blankly staring out the window. He remembered his mentor, Haymitch, telling them that the best way to win was to make friends and to get sponsors. Well, thought Billy, this is probably a good time to start making friends.

He walked over to Jordyn smiled and said, "Hi."

Fowlick
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Mon May 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Rosalinda was beginning to make her rounds. She walked into the area where the Tributes were and she looked around."Hello? Does anyone need a nurse or a Psychologist? This is the first of many offers."She said looking at the boys especially, but also at the girls.
I thought I could do this again, but I have too much on my plate. I have to actually give up on this. Sorry everyone.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse