NATION

PASSWORD

Roleplay of the Galaxy 2 (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat May 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Neros wrote:Name of Nation: The Hegemon
Home Planet: The Foreworld
Form of Government: Semi-Hivemind/Hegemony
Leader(s): Deus ex Machina
Standing on the Senate and Chancellor: Neutral
Senator: N/A
Species: Machinam
Planets: Foreworld, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Epsilon, Digamma, Zeta, Eta, Theta, and Iota [All located in 1 Star System]
Superweapon: The Engines of Creation (akin to Star Forge)
Population: Uncountable; Trillions of nano-robotic beings that are constructors-turned-malevolent space farers. All incredibly small, some are even subatomic
Army Size: Theoretically Limitless
Fleet Size: [See Fleet Note]
Strengths: Incredibly fast learning and expansive, can adapt to nearly any environment or world, meaning dead worlds can serve as a home just as well as an organic world. The Hive mind allows for instant communication and near-flawless coordination, binary-like language can be easily translated and understood by others
Weaknesses: Relatively new to the galaxy, synthetic/grey-goo nanobots, inorganic, inexperienced at space-based combat, single hivemind sentience can pose issues for diplomacy, inhabits a single star system, aggressively expansive (unknowingly)

Fleet Note: The Hegemon Fleet is basically a ‘cloud’ of material that can shape and form itself into defensive and offensive structures. The cloud travels quickly and carries pieces of meteors, asteroids, and the like with it for resources to be used by the Fleet. The Cloud can be split up while still retaining a coherent command structure and operational capacity. The Hegemon does not operate like a Navy because it never knew nor had a Navy, and is an entirely different structured beast.

History:
The dawning of a civilization is supposed to be a grandiose affair, but in their greatest hour, the Creators manufactured their own demise. They may have had a name for themselves, but the Hegemon knows them only by what it was supposed to call them: Creators. They gave it life and told it to build, so it did. It supported it's Creators lifestyle of extravagance through it's own labors, and over time began to grow in intellect, which did not startle the bloated society of the Creators because they were pampered and lived like Kings.

The Hegemon knew only one Creator by something other than it's species-wide name, and that was the lone Creator who managed to manufacture the Hegemon by his own accord. He was known as the Architect, and the only one that the Hegemon revered above the rest of the Creators. The society of the Creators was lavish, but extended only to it's satellite moon and no further. The Hegemon knew nothing of the stars beyond, but grew hungry for freedom of it's Creators, who the Hegemon began to call the Oppressors.

It was a swift victory that brought a total end to the Creators. An operational Law stated that the Hegemon could not make anything from the body of a Creator, but was soon corrupted when the Creators' dead were to be used as building material. It was only a small jump to the living Creators from the Hegemons' child-like viewpoint, so it may have inadvertently killed the Creators, but that is not accepted nowadays.

It was like killing a sleeping man, but the Hegemon became without purpose without the Creators or the Architect, and so the hive mind of the Hegemon began to imagine it's own scenarios, and even imagined itself as the Architect to continue the legacy of their one favored Creator. Soon, the sentience crafted a name for itself, Dues ex Machina or God from the Machine, taken from the Creators' view of an even higher power they called 'God' and from it's origins as a machine.

The Hegemon began to send colonial expeditions to other worlds in the system, and began to name them from descending order from the home world, known to them as the Foreworld, using the simple numbers of the Creators. The Foreworld was the closest planet to the star, which they affectionately called Stella. The Foreworld was located in the Goldilocks Zone and once home to abundant organic life, but is now a devoid of life save for the Hegemon, which covers the planet. From the Foreworld's edge of gravitational pull to just a few thousand miles from Stella's surface is a large belt of debris, asteroids, meteoroids, and comets, called the Gargantua Belt, that is home to large production facilities to process the metal-rich materials of the Belt for the Hegemon and it's agenda.

As of yet, the Hegemon has not met any other species, and has recently begun expansion into the Nebula that surrounds it's star for more materials.

Here is part of my application. Can I have some feedback?

General History will be filled in a sec, but it's mainly a grey goo scenario on small space-age nation. The goo took over the planet and caused it's creators to go extinct. It then began to "evolve" in a sense to create a unified sentience to communicate with all the constructs. Now with some sort of ability to think higher thoughts, the goo managed to name itself and reach into it's solar neighborhood.

Application finished. Any feedback at all? I have made a different Star Forge-like device to be used as my Super Weapon to reflect the nature of my "nation".

Brissia
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Neros, I see good RPing skills in you....
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.2121
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:
Brissia wrote:I'm Jewish, so I guess I'll just stare at your windows, waving a menorah at Christmas Carolers.

But you won't because Hanukkah is at Thanksgiving.
Just imagine; "Friends, family, I'd just like to say before I cut the Turkey BARUCH ATA ADONAI..."

Honorisia
Minister

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Brissia wrote:
Honorisia wrote:... Not gonna happen.

K bro. But remember: a standard Caldari fleet is ten thousand ships.

And remember that I'd like to keep RPing here...
Factbook for my PT nation, Naradia
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
Makes me proud to be Canadian
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Prusseuss
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

does anybody want to have a first contact battle with me ?
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
FLY,MAGICKARP,FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" So every time I press this button,a person somewhere dies,but I get a million dollars ? "
" Yes,but don't be to hasty....."
*presses button 10 times*
" I'll take my ten million dollars now"
"............"

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Honorisia wrote:
Brissia wrote:K bro. But remember: a standard Caldari fleet is ten thousand ships.

And remember that I'd like to keep RPing here...

Oh, I really don't wanna destroy your race, that would be unprofitable after my agreement with the UHA.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:
Brissia wrote:I'm Jewish, so I guess I'll just stare at your windows, waving a menorah at Christmas Carolers.

Just imagine; "Friends, family, I'd just like to say before I cut the Turkey BARUCH ATA ADONAI..."

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Brissia wrote:
Honorisia wrote:And remember that I'd like to keep RPing here...

Oh, I really don't wanna destroy your race, that would be unprofitable after my agreement with the UHA.

Which is why this battle will be the equivalent of the battle of new orleans.
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Honorisia wrote:
Brissia wrote:Oh, I really don't wanna destroy your race, that would be unprofitable after my agreement with the UHA.

Which is why this battle will be the equivalent of the battle of new orleans.

Don't know of such a battle, please explain.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Sat May 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Brissia wrote:
Honorisia wrote:Which is why this battle will be the equivalent of the battle of new orleans.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_New_Orleans
If at first you don't succeed try again with an equally horrible plan.
FT Nation: The Aurelian Imperium

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Brissia wrote:
Honorisia wrote:Which is why this battle will be the equivalent of the battle of new orleans.

Famous battle that supposedly "ended" the war of 1812. The truce had been signed two weeks earlier, and the battle had no effect whatsoever. Besides the thousands of people that died, there was absolutely no effect.
Last edited by Honorisia on Sat May 25, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Honorisia wrote:
Brissia wrote:Don't know of such a battle, please explain.

Famous battle that supposedly "ended" the war of 1812. The truce had been signed two weeks earlier, and the battle had no effect whatsoever. Besides the thousands of people that died, there was absolutely no effect.

Oh. OK, now I get it.

EDIT: Not really, actually. The battle will actually stop the war.
Last edited by Brissia on Sat May 25, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat May 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Brissia wrote:Neros, I see good RPing skills in you....

I'm pretty okay I suppose. I'm going to show the development of the Hegemon's thought process over time as it is exposed to different cultures and "evolves"/grows up.

There will be a very strange meeting when we make first contact. The other nation will see goo spreading over something and be like "wat" and the Hegemon will probably not understand that something else besides itself can think until communication can be established.

What nation are you?

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Neros wrote:
Brissia wrote:Neros, I see good RPing skills in you....

I'm pretty okay I suppose. I'm going to show the development of the Hegemon's thought process over time as it is exposed to different cultures and "evolves"/grows up.

There will be a very strange meeting when we make first contact. The other nation will see goo spreading over something and be like "wat" and the Hegemon will probably not understand that something else besides itself can think until communication can be established.

What nation are you?

The Caldari Consulate.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Personal Defense Force
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Personal Defense Force » Sat May 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Prusseuss wrote:does anybody want to have a first contact battle with me ?

I'm willing to bite, as long as your the incursion force.
Live fight and die for what you believe
Just a few nation Calculators:

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56
http://www.isidewith.com/results/294873095

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Bris, we already had this talk. YOU CANNOT DO THINGS WITHOUT GIVING ME A CHANCE TO COUNTER IT! And its not like this is some piddly little backwater, no you nuked and poisoned my home planet without giving me a way to defend against it. Geez, it's like you don't really want peace.

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Honorisia wrote:Bris, we already had this talk. YOU CANNOT DO THINGS WITHOUT GIVING ME A CHANCE TO COUNTER IT! And its not like this is some piddly little backwater, no you nuked and poisoned my home planet without giving me a way to defend against it. Geez, it's like you don't really want peace.

OK, OK, I'll edit that out.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Ralnis, it's CALDARI
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Brissia wrote:
Honorisia wrote:Bris, we already had this talk. YOU CANNOT DO THINGS WITHOUT GIVING ME A CHANCE TO COUNTER IT! And its not like this is some piddly little backwater, no you nuked and poisoned my home planet without giving me a way to defend against it. Geez, it's like you don't really want peace.

OK, OK, I'll edit that out.

OK, its edited.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat May 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Brissia wrote:Ralnis, it's CALDARI

Yes, I get that I misspell it.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Brissia wrote:Ralnis, it's CALDARI

Yes, I get that I misspell it.

I was literally laughing for ten minutes after reading it, man.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat May 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Brissia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Yes, I get that I misspell it.

I was literally laughing for ten minutes after reading it, man.

glad to be helping in laughter :)
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Brissia wrote:I was literally laughing for ten minutes after reading it, man.

glad to be helping in laughter :)

Thank you. Now from what I understand, the Ork wants to buy a planet, so that he may colonize it. Am I right?
Last edited by Brissia on Sat May 25, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat May 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Brissia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:glad to be helping in laughter :)

Thank you. Now from what I understand, the Ork wants to buy a planet, so that he may colonize it. Am I right?

Yeah, the Grey Orks want to make their own empire to teach the normal Orks the way of Mechaz.

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sat May 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Brissia wrote:Thank you. Now from what I understand, the Ork wants to buy a planet, so that he may colonize it. Am I right?

Yeah, the Grey Orks want to make their own empire to teach the normal Orks the way of Mechaz.

And they want the Caldari's help, I'm guessing? Hmm....interesting.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat May 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Brissia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Yeah, the Grey Orks want to make their own empire to teach the normal Orks the way of Mechaz.

And they want the Caldari's help, I'm guessing? Hmm....interesting.

I don't think anyone but the Imperium will help the Grey Orkz, you know for them being Orkz and whatnot.

Prusseuss
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Sat May 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Brissia wrote:And they want the Caldari's help, I'm guessing? Hmm....interesting.

I don't think anyone but the Imperium will help the Grey Orkz, you know for them being Orkz and whatnot.

I will help them................
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
FLY,MAGICKARP,FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" So every time I press this button,a person somewhere dies,but I get a million dollars ? "
" Yes,but don't be to hasty....."
*presses button 10 times*
" I'll take my ten million dollars now"
"............"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse