NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: The Wild, Wild Midwest (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:47 am

Hawke laughed "That thing? We call it the Vertihawk, the combination of an old pre war Black Hawk attack helicopter and vertibird parts, you see vertibirds don't have guns on them, they're transport vehicles, so they don't require guns, but that beast we have out there? She's equipped with dual missile launchers and pilot controlled miniguns, effectively making it a flying tank, it's the prize of our settlement and the pride of our people."

Stovilium
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:52 am

Engortia wrote:Hawke laughed "That thing? We call it the Vertihawk, the combination of an old pre war Black Hawk attack helicopter and vertibird parts, you see vertibirds don't have guns on them, they're transport vehicles, so they don't require guns, but that beast we have out there? She's equipped with dual missile launchers and pilot controlled miniguns, effectively making it a flying tank, it's the prize of our settlement and the pride of our people."

Surprised by their ingenuity and abilities with pre war tech, Stephen continued to ask questions. "Are you aware of the legion, Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave forces in and around Kansas city? It looks like this whole area is turning south, there are even some Chinese forces, according to one of our troopers." He said, wondering that because he hadn't heard of this place back in KC, they would have little knowledge of the outside world. Then again, Stephen thought, they knew who we were, and Hawke is an ex Enclave.
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:35 am

"Well obviously I know of the enclave being here, and henceforth the Brotherhood of steel, I don't care for either of them. But Legion you say...? I hadn't heard yet, we have kept to ourselves for quite some time so they have had the opportunity to advance on us, I guess the vertihawk might see some action soon. If you want we'll help you take back some Legion locations and decrease the Legion influence in the region, if you help us to move some gear, and work that damn radio up in the radio tower of the aribase, we're all pretty good techies but none of us know how to work a radio, with some of the buttons missing."

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 am

Engortia wrote:"Well obviously I know of the enclave being here, and henceforth the Brotherhood of steel, I don't care for either of them. But Legion you say...? I hadn't heard yet, we have kept to ourselves for quite some time so they have had the opportunity to advance on us, I guess the vertihawk might see some action soon. If you want we'll help you take back some Legion locations and decrease the Legion influence in the region, if you help us to move some gear, and work that damn radio up in the radio tower of the aribase, we're all pretty good techies but none of us know how to work a radio, with some of the buttons missing."

This talk had progressed rather rapidly, to the pleasure of the rangers. "Although there are only 16 of us," Stephen began, "We do have a comms. officer who should be fully capable of repairing your radio tower, and probably showing you how to use it yourselves. I think she spent some time in a radio tower back in the Mohave, McCarren I believe. Concerning the Legion I wouldn't go up against them just yet, there is word of small villages rallying for a stand against them, and besides we don't want to go against them too early. But just between us the NCR is not liked by any one of these factions; Legion, BoS, Enclave or the Chinese, and it's a safe bet that sooner or later at least one of them will come for us."
Frank then spoke. "However we do think that something has to be done, the two of us have been discussing it for a while since getting here and we concluded that if we can't go up against their numbers we can use our skills to go after just the right people at the right time, if you know what I mean." He received some odd glances from the other men. "For example, A trooper reported that three men entered a bar on the west side of Kansas city, Chinese forces. From what our man heard and saw they could be some important people looking for something important. If you want to take advantage of that, you could easily do so with your vertihawk. The NCR, although we support the local community, do not think that Chinese in the area will be a good idea, but it would be your call. We also have some form of plan in case the Enclave or Brotherhood go after us too, but we haven't quite worked out all the kinks to it yet."

Stephen took out a crumpled note in his pocket, uncrumpled it and looked it over. "We were ordered by our leader back at Kansas city to look out for certain items and also for future ranger stations. We believe that one has been secured north and a second is being debated east, we would be honored if you would allow us to set up a ranger station in or around your area, so that scouting rangers will have a secure place to stay and defend the locals from attacks with more efficiency. We also do need some items, such as solar pannels, or parts of it, and rather large weapons or their corresponding parts. We know that this is asking a lot and you might not have any of what we are looking for, but for what we ask we would also ask that aside from fixing your radio tower and move some of your gear, is there anything else you could use from us?"
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 am

Leaving his offer for Talon, Jed decided to ride away. He was not one who was prone to waiting around for an answer, and the Talon Company grunts didn't seem too bright, but that didn't mean he wasn't interested in their support. He continued riding on his horse, towards the area known as Merriam, intent on offering to train their tribal force in order to resist the Legion. As he approached the entrance to Merriam, he slowed down and held up his hands, showing that he wasn't a threat.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:17 am

Stovilium wrote:Rachel considered the options; Sierra squad didn't have caps to throw away but a water purifier was one of the most important things they could get their hands on, and the weapons would be supplied to us if we set up a ranger station north. "You got yourself a deal, I've got most of them here, but you can just get the rest off us when we send people up to the station, saves on unnecessary trips." She said, handing him just over 2,000 caps. "Any idea on a place for us to set up?" She said, wondering on how she hadn't spotted any other guards than those at the gates. Probably far away, snipers I guess she concluded and thought about the ones watching her now, so this is what it's like she thought to herself, laughing slightly

"Find an empty shack or a n open hill 'round here. Shouldn't have too many geckos." The boy said laughing, walking away.

Jace decided that he had to do something, so he sent 20 of his mercenaries to Merriam. They would train the locals and defend the settlement should it come under attck.
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 am

Landenburg wrote:
Stovilium wrote:Rachel considered the options; Sierra squad didn't have caps to throw away but a water purifier was one of the most important things they could get their hands on, and the weapons would be supplied to us if we set up a ranger station north. "You got yourself a deal, I've got most of them here, but you can just get the rest off us when we send people up to the station, saves on unnecessary trips." She said, handing him just over 2,000 caps. "Any idea on a place for us to set up?" She said, wondering on how she hadn't spotted any other guards than those at the gates. Probably far away, snipers I guess she concluded and thought about the ones watching her now, so this is what it's like she thought to herself, laughing slightly

"Find an empty shack or a n open hill 'round here. Shouldn't have too many geckos." The boy said laughing, walking away.

Empty shack?, she thought, not likely, where's the nearest building? she said before walking off.
It was only a few minutes before on the top of a hill overlooking the wasteland, a little bit further away from Talon than she liked but from the roof of the building she guessed she could see , she found a small-medium sized building in relativity good condition. Pistol drawn, she crept her way in, peering through the holes in both the doors and the walls at some points. After quickly killing a radscorpion or two she intended to find out what building she had found. A few inspections later and she had found some pocketfuls of ammunition and the odd handgun, and some magazines on guns and explosives. The computer terminal took a few minutes to restart but the interface read:

Welcome to I-152 police station public terminal

It hadn't been too long before Blake and his group returned to Ranger Station Sierra. Blake wondered where his 2nd in command was, Better not be at the Dusty wrangler he thought before Don had informed him of Merriam. He then explained the results of the rangers scoutings, including the legion, Merriam and Raytown. "Good job guys." He called out to those around him, most of which were still reinforcing the wall, which had changed from a basic wire fence to sections having corrugated steel propped up eight feet high with slots made for weaponry. he was then told of the trade they had made, including the acquisition of the water purifier, or to be, and the ranger station, newly designated Ranger Station Lima, they had began to set up north. "Make sure to check for a weapons locker or room, it might be locked so either bring some bobby pins or find the keys." He told those who were planning on traveling later on in the day. Shouldn't take long for us to secure ourselves some vehicles next he thought, looking at the deserted car park inside the perimeter of the motel.
Last edited by Stovilium on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Forum Lulii

With the Lexana now converted into the Legions political system, aswell as the population generaly accepting the new society, awell as the rules, the town is turning much more stable. The Governor of the town have started construction of a few civic buildings sharing the ancient roman design with the help of the workers, aswell as imposing a ban on the tribal superstitions, replacing the previous altars to the false god, in exchange for some of the Roman mythologies, such as Mars, the god of war. Due to this recent progress, and the stablity in the region, a trading rute have been etabalished from the Legionary Colarado, to the new colonies, and areas within Kansas, letting extra supplies, and logistical equipment start to appear at the doorsteps at the town. The Centurion recived word that Ceasar was pleased with the results of this new expansion, and had good expectations for the future strikes against the wastrels in the area, hoping to reclaim Kansas within a mere few months, letting the Legion have a foothold to fight off the Brotherhood Of Steel.

With the order of the Explorers deciding to strike the Shawnee town, a Battalion consiting mainly of Sociis, fresh conscripts, aswell as a few regular train units to help the new unit. With the Decanus being a former tribal warrior, he decided the name should strike fear in the people in the area, taking the name of 23st Uitiosos Lupos Phalanx, The vicious wolves. With the conscripts taking up formation, they marched out of the town gates, being saluted by the previous garrison units, aswell as being cheerd on by the citizens of Forum Lulii, awaiting the news of their victory of conquest of the other uncivilized beasts.

Shawnee

As the town inhabitants worked without any clue what would await them, they wandered their town with little worries, not expecting the Legion to strike them as they would be too distract of the time being, or simply the foolish tribesman was simply being too naive with the Legion's mighty force. However as the town started hearing faint sounds of drumbeats, and the march of boots walking in accordance, they quickly ran to see what was outside the town. Upon the horrizon they saw men walking in a large formation, being guided by the former tribesman they knew before, now under the armour of a Legionary steel, and blade. With the sightings of this, the people terrified, many of them ran to the other side, seeing it also being confronted by the Explorers, firing warning shots to strike fear to make them stay within the town.

The few stubborn, and foolish men that wanted to resist their ulimate destiny that awaited them started to take their guns, and started to fire. With the small group standing on their shaking legs, they started to take weakly aimed shot at the the marching horde of the Legionaries. Most of the shots were being peeled off by the scrap shields holded by the frontline, however a few fell down, however none of the soldiers seemed to be effected by it, keeping marching forwards. As these men were clearly intimidated by this mentality the soldiers had, they droped their guns, starting to flee away. Soon the legionaries would then enter the town, rounding up the population once again as they did before, however this time with the startegy of '' Total war '' using fear, and infamy for their advantage.

As the inhabitants looked in the young mens eyes, clearly seeing how they could not recall the persons they once knew before, they clearly shocked up, as the former tribal, now decanus Jarnus walked up in the row of the inhabitants, letting his eyes inspect the row of the tribals, and collective of primal societies. Using the same tactis the Centurion used on his people, he divided the strong men, and youth in one group, the women in another, aswell as the elderly, and physicaly disabled to be dismissed, letting them be free for their own will. Those who remained were the ones who tried to resist, unwanted people, aswell as Profiligates, and any sympathizers, such as a few missionaries from the NCR. Those people were forced in a line outside the city, being forced to dig a large grave, then shot, letting their corpses fill up the hole. There was no space for obstacles, and the Legion did not hesitate to forfill the change of the wasteland.

Soon the town would be insituted with a temporaly martial-law until a collabration system could be etablished, however right now they were starting to keep the city under control, aswell as divert a labour force, and make a collectivized system of production, removing the inefficent system that once were in this small city. The pioners also started the construction of the expansion of walls in the town, starting a attempt to make a border reaching all the way from Shawnee, to reaching the already constructed walls in Forum Lulii, however this would no doubt take awhile, and take up a large amount of resources before being completed. None the less, it kept the people preoccupied, and focused away from being free to their own will.

Merriam - Outskirts

As the small group of the Frumentarii approached the strange sighting of the deceased apperance of what looked to be a ex-caravan, it looked too strange for them to feel safe about it. Seeing the corpses around them seeimly fresh, aswell as the signs of the footsteps leading behind some rocks nearby, they had a bad feeling about the situation. However soon as they reached this conclusion, and was about to move away form the area, a piecing 308. round hit one of the cogs on the bicycles of the operators, letting him being knocked off it. Soon as they got to their awarness of this situation, pulling their pistols, a unit of ghouls ran down from the cliff, firing their guns all over the place. As the ghouls, aswell as the less civiliazed feral ghouls appeared to be effected enough by the radiation to make their perception, aswell as their aim less effective, the frumentarri ducked behind the deceased pack brahmin as cover, and took out the faster feral ghouls, one by one. However as the unfortunate struck, one of the bullets pieced through the neck of the opearators in the group, leaving him falling down in the sand, bleeding out quickly. After this the adrealine pumped like drumbeats, letting the operators groaning in wrath, as finished up the last ghouls with the 10 milimeters, however not killing them off.

After walking over to the ghouls, they saw the two groaning in pain, begging for mercy. However as they walked over, they reached for their machetes, cutting open their stomachs, as they reached for the organs inside, then stomping it inside the mouths of the dieing ghouls. The sights were disquisting, a mixture of puke, blood, and organic fluqids rushed out their mouths, before they bleed out. However this were a sign for these raiders not to mess with the Legion. After this the Operators walked back to the wounded frumenatrri unit, seeing he already died. They wrapped up his corpse in some robes, after carrying him outside to a nearby clearing. Afterwards they poured the robes in a small dose of alcohol, before lighting it up. As they stod around seeing the flames consume the once mighty, and experinced warrior, they showed him one last salute, as they stod up til the last sparks ran dry. After this they mounted on the bikes again, heading for Merriam once more.

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:13 pm

New Aksarben wrote:
The Treorai wrote:
After hours of searching, Blake had not found another power armor clad corpse. He came across the severed head of a Protectron, and gave it a kick. He then yelled at the top of his lungs "Fuck This, Fuck You, and Fuck Me!" He pulled what scrap he could get from the body and placed it in his pack. "I Fucking hate this shit. Why can't more assholes die?" Blake asked the air, and continued walking looking for worth while scrap. "I mean honestly," he began a while later. "If this is a real war they got going on here, shouldn't there be more pieces of Power Armor just laying around? I know they take good care to protect that shit from us, but surely they can't keep it all safe." he kicked a rock. "I haven't picked up a radio signal in weeks." he complained, looking down at his Lil'-Pip 3000.

Blake walked for hours without finding anything besides a severely damaged Brotherhood helmet. "I hate my life. Why did I ever leave McCarren? I was earning good caps, I had access to the Strip whenever I wanted... why in the hell did I leave McCarren?" he muttered. Then he stopped in his tracks. I hear music. The sound was strange. It had been months since he had heard the sound of another person's voice. "Might be Enclave." he whispered. "Shut Up" he whispered back to himself. Blake pulled the shotgun from the holster on his back, and aimed it. "Who the hell are you?" he asked when he saw the other man.

Jake certainly was surprised by the shotgun in his face. He tightened his grip on his rile, but didn't move. He looked at the strange guy who was threatening him and said, "I am Jake Humfre." He said simply, very worried about what this man was thinking. A little twitch, and he was as good as dead. And it would be somewhat bad for business to be sans a head.

Blake swallowed hard. "What's a fuck face like you doing in these parts? You with the Brotherhood? Enclave? NCR? Legion?" he shot the questions out in rapid succession. If he's with the Legion... Blake had been wanted back in Colorado for insulting a Legion Officer, and killing a few recruits before narrowly escaping becoming a slave. There was a pause in the conversation. "Go on, speak up. If your answer doesn't sound to stupid I might consider leaving you with a head."
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:22 pm

The Treorai wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:Jake certainly was surprised by the shotgun in his face. He tightened his grip on his rile, but didn't move. He looked at the strange guy who was threatening him and said, "I am Jake Humfre." He said simply, very worried about what this man was thinking. A little twitch, and he was as good as dead. And it would be somewhat bad for business to be sans a head.

Blake swallowed hard. "What's a fuck face like you doing in these parts? You with the Brotherhood? Enclave? NCR? Legion?" he shot the questions out in rapid succession. If he's with the Legion... Blake had been wanted back in Colorado for insulting a Legion Officer, and killing a few recruits before narrowly escaping becoming a slave. There was a pause in the conversation. "Go on, speak up. If your answer doesn't sound to stupid I might consider leaving you with a head."

"I'm not with any of them." Jake said. Apparently this guy hadn't noticed Jake was still holding his gun. "I'm just a wanderer, and scavenger. I only deal with those guys if I'm selling stuff to them. 'cept the Legion. I'm pretty sure they would rather kill me for no real reason. I've heard some bad things about them and am trying to avoid them the best I can...."
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!