NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: The Wild, Wild Midwest (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stovilium
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Landenburg wrote:
Stovilium wrote:Immediately please by this Rachel began to smile. "Liberty eh? Sounds like a nice place, if you have what's on this list we need it. I can bring some people back so I can leave." This sounded far top good to be true but it had to be worth a shot, besides it seemed that Talon knew what they were doing. "Give a moment to grab my stuff." She said before radioing in for everyone outside not on duty to come back. Some regular soliders responded, so she grabbed her Sniper rifle, .44 magnum, combat knife and said, "Ready when you are."

A brief moment later Gerald and Frank returned from their scouting trip, with information on the area, including enemy activity, possible hunting grounds, a key points for further scoutings.

"Right quick ready, you are. Lets go." the recruiter said, paving the way to Liberty.

(I'm not RPing the arrival, I'll leave that to you.)

The journey north to Liberty was a relativity peaceful one, during the journey Rachel explained what the NCR is, who the rangers are and what they were doing here. She explained the war in the Mohave and how their defeat at Hoover dam lead them to Kansas city, away from NCR help. She then explained what the legion was and how big a problem it was that they has set up shop nearby. On occasion she would hunt any creature coming within range that might have attacked until they made it to Liberty. While making it into Talon company, at the gate she noted a man having a conversation with what she guessed to be another Talon company member, but in a slight rush she kept moving. "Right." She said, "who do I speak to about our list?"
Last edited by Stovilium on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:16 am

Cylarn wrote:
Landenburg wrote:"We got what you're lookin' for, but LEGION!? Shit, I haven't seen them since my trip ta Arizona! Me and some fellers stirred up a rebellion right good there! Too bad it didn't work so well..."

(Yes, implying Jace was with you at your Arizona rebellion, it'll help you get a promotion and such easier.)

"Arizona was a debacle," Jed said. "The Legion was too entrenched in the startin' area, and we took the wrong approach. We had no event for them to rally behind, only their tribal causes. Now, we have free territory and the means to defend it. Will you help me?"

"Sure fella. What'dya lookin' for? Caps? Your long lost lover?" Jace asked?
He turned and eyed his son, Janos, a Talon Company recruiter under him. The boy passed him with some strangers.
No doubt looking for something. he thought to himself.
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 am

Stovilium wrote:
Landenburg wrote:"Right quick ready, you are. Lets go." the recruiter said, paving the way to Liberty.

(I'm not RPing the arrival, I'll leave that to you.)

The journey north to Liberty was a relativity peaceful one, during the journey Rachel explained what the NCR is, who the rangers are and what they were doing here. She explained the war in the Mohave and how their defeat at Hoover dam lead them to Kansas city, away from NCR help. She then explained what the legion was and how big a problem it was that they has set up shop nearby. On occasion she would hunt any creature coming within range that might have attacked until they made it to Liberty. While making it into Talon company, at the gate she noted a man having a conversation with what she guessed to be another Talon company member, but in a slight rush she kept moving. "Right." She said, "who do I speak to about our list?"

"Well Missy, we just passed boss out there. Passed my father right good we did." The Talon Company Merc said, looking back.
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
get some

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 am

Landenburg wrote:
Stovilium wrote:

"Well Missy, we just passed boss out there. Passed my father right good we did." The Talon Company Merc said, looking back.

"Oh," She replied, now wondering what to say. "I suppose he is a little preoccupied right now, is there someone else I can talk to about what I need to purchase?" She said, wondering about Talon Company had their boss on the wall, instead of inside the base. Best not to ask she concluded.
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 am

Stovilium wrote:
Landenburg wrote:"Well Missy, we just passed boss out there. Passed my father right good we did." The Talon Company Merc said, looking back.

"Oh," She replied, now wondering what to say. "I suppose he is a little preoccupied right now, is there someone else I can talk to about what I need to purchase?" She said, wondering about Talon Company had their boss on the wall, instead of inside the base. Best not to ask she concluded.

"Well, I guess I can sell you the items you need. We can't get you them solar panels, but we can get just 'bout everything else. Allow me to go get that Water Purifier." the boy said, going to the town's little courthouse. He was back out in moments, with the spare purifier.
"How much you willin' to pay for this ma'am?" he asked.
get some

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 am

"Hell, we're gonna need y'all, the Brotherhood, the Enclave, and any other group here to help hold back the Legion," Jed said. "Right now though, I'm gonna need your cooperation in my plan, 'cause there are various strategic assets 'round the wastes that the Legion can't get a hold of. Factories, aquifers, farms, and other resources will strengthen 'em, but if we can somehow broker an alliance between the major groups here, we can fight off the Legion. What I need y'all to do is to help train the various settlements 'round here and offer support, but first, I need your promise that you'll help me."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 am

Cylarn wrote:"Hell, we're gonna need y'all, the Brotherhood, the Enclave, and any other group here to help hold back the Legion," Jed said. "Right now though, I'm gonna need your cooperation in my plan, 'cause there are various strategic assets 'round the wastes that the Legion can't get a hold of. Factories, aquifers, farms, and other resources will strengthen 'em, but if we can somehow broker an alliance between the major groups here, we can fight off the Legion. What I need y'all to do is to help train the various settlements 'round here and offer support, but first, I need your promise that you'll help me."

"While we'd love to help ya, as the legion ain't good for nobody, but I need proof. I can't just jump on the slightest rumor." Jace said, a bit sadly.
get some

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:18 am

Landenburg wrote:
Stovilium wrote:

"Well, I guess I can sell you the items you need. We can't get you them solar panels, but we can get just 'bout everything else. Allow me to go get that Water Purifier." the boy said, going to the town's little courthouse. He was back out in moments, with the spare purifier.

She thought for a moment, the rangers did have the caps, but they also had the abilities to get what they wanted. "The purifier? Im thinking within the region of 2000 caps, not exactly a load but it's what We could get it for back at the Mohave with a bit of luck. The weapons, items like Rockets, minguns, sniper rifles and the suiting ammunition is also on our list. However we do have a second Idea in terms of payment. Around these areas here I couldn't help but spot possible areas of dangerous creatures, not to mention the other factions around here. We would gladly trade the items in question for our services around here, and we would give you what we killed, whether it be geckos or deathclaws. It wouldn't be too much but thinking in the long term it could come in handy if more rangers were to pop up. Of course we would need a ranger station, so if there was a building around here we could use as that we could easily set up shop. If you want caps or other kinds of trade we can still organize for the caps to be sent your way."
Last edited by Stovilium on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 am

Stovilium wrote:
Landenburg wrote:"Well, I guess I can sell you the items you need. We can't get you them solar panels, but we can get just 'bout everything else. Allow me to go get that Water Purifier." the boy said, going to the town's little courthouse. He was back out in moments, with the spare purifier.

She thought for a moment, the rangers did have the caps, but they also had the abilities to get what they wanted. "The purifier? Im thinking within the region of 2000 caps, not exactly a load but it's what We could get it for back at the Mohave with a bit of luck. The weapons, items like Rockets, minguns, sniper rifles and the suiting ammunition is also on our list. However we do have a second Idea in terms of payment. Around these areas here I couldn't help but spot possible areas of dangerous creatures, not to mention the other factions around here. We would gladly trade the items in question for our services around here, and we would give you what we killed, whether it be geckos or deathclaws. It wouldn't be too much but thinking in the long term it could come in handy if more rangers were to pop up. Of course we would need a ranger station, so if there was a building around here we could use as that we could easily set up shop. If you want caps or other kinds of trade we can still organize for the caps to be sent your way."

"Yeah, you could. In the Mojave. But this here ain't the Mojave. I'm thinkin' round 2500 caps. But yeah, we could supply you guns an' a ranger base if you'd do what ya say." the boy said, smiling.
get some

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 am

Landenburg wrote:
Cylarn wrote:"Hell, we're gonna need y'all, the Brotherhood, the Enclave, and any other group here to help hold back the Legion," Jed said. "Right now though, I'm gonna need your cooperation in my plan, 'cause there are various strategic assets 'round the wastes that the Legion can't get a hold of. Factories, aquifers, farms, and other resources will strengthen 'em, but if we can somehow broker an alliance between the major groups here, we can fight off the Legion. What I need y'all to do is to help train the various settlements 'round here and offer support, but first, I need your promise that you'll help me."

"While we'd love to help ya, as the legion ain't good for nobody, but I need proof. I can't just jump on the slightest rumor." Jace said, a bit sadly.

"So you're just gonna sit 'round and let 'em move in?" Jed asked. "I've been doin' recon for the past couple of weeks, and they're movin' into the KC Wasteland. They're not gonna stop until every tribe or community in the area is under their control, and Talon Co will only be a bump in the road, unless you act now."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:00 am

Landenburg wrote:
Stovilium wrote:

"Yeah, you could. In the Mojave. But this here ain't the Mojave. I'm thinkin' round 2500 caps. But yeah, we could supply you guns an' a ranger base if you'd do what ya say." the boy said, smiling.

Rachel considered the options; Sierra squad didn't have caps to throw away but a water purifier was one of the most important things they could get their hands on, and the weapons would be supplied to us if we set up a ranger station north. "You got yourself a deal, I've got most of them here, but you can just get the rest off us when we send people up to the station, saves on unnecessary trips." She said, handing him just over 2,000 caps. "Any idea on a place for us to set up?" She said, wondering on how she hadn't spotted any other guards than those at the gates. Probably far away, snipers I guess she concluded and thought about the ones watching her now, so this is what it's like she thought to herself, laughing slightly
Last edited by Stovilium on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Modioperandi
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Modioperandi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:05 am

Looking down the sights of his Trail carbine, Davos watched the plight of the NCR Ranger, laughing to himself. His days in the Brotherhood made him cynical toward these kind of situations. With Talon company, he can just shoot and scoot. Supporting Jace may be boring, but at least he gets out of Liberty for a bit.
Davos: Hmm, poor little ranger. Your a long ways from home.
Last edited by Modioperandi on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Je suis un TETeur! Ich bin ein TETeur! I am a TETeur!
Horror anime lover, coffee aficionado, certified badass
Benshir's roommate.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on-Robert Frost

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Enclave Command

"Thanks for the chat." Blake spoke to the leader of the Enclave, "I hope I expressed our intentions clearly, now I really must get back, I need to see what has been going on back there as I didn't bring my radio." he respectfully bowed his head before exiting the building, "I'l walk back," he said, before turning to his friends, "Rangers, move out." James and Jane both followed suit, retrieving their weapons in the process.
"Just your luck not to get shot by the Enclave after getting arrested on purpose." Jame laughed as they made their way back to Ranger station Sierra.

The Dusty Wrangler

Sgt. Daniel Kirkman listened carefully to his radio, Already got the purifier? Guess this was a pointless trip. he thought, before ordering another beer, receiving it and leaving. He thought who could have gotten the purifier, or who had one to sell. Nevertheless he made his way back to the ranger station, before taking his place back on the reinforced wall.

Near Raytown

On the top floor of a semi collapsed civilian building Two rangers, one Frank, a regular looking over the situation of the room, the other Stephen, a veteran peering down his scope at Raytown. "Reminds me of McCarren," Stephen called out to his friend, "Decent pre war airport, most of the buildings still intact. Fairly good radio tower but what I'm really interested in are all those aircraft. I can spot some Vertibirds and some bombers by the looks of it. Real aircraft goldmine down there, not to mention the trucks and... what the hell is that?" As he peered down his scope he saw what resembled a vertibird, but this one seemed to be a mix of something else, whatever the second vehicle was it was definitely pre-war and filled with guns. "Miniguns on the side, guns on the front, guns everywhere. Damn. I think people can actually those things." he was right, vertibrids were flying around the base and the strange machine was swarmed with people, what they were wearing was hard to spot. "I'm radioing this in." Frank said, before moving to another room and calling Ranger Station Sierra about Raytown. I have to see this Stephen thought, before picking up his sniper rifle and suggesting, "How about we make ourselves known?" Frank looked quizzically at Stephen before grinning, and picking up both his revolvers, his marksman carbine and the gear around the room. The two then walked towards the airport, weapons away so that they do not mistake them for attackers.
Last edited by Stovilium on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:24 pm

As the two men approached the gate to the airport several armed men cocked their assault rifles and aimed them at the rangers, before being quickly interrupted by a loud booming voice.
"Weapons down!" The men immediately lowered their weapons. "Atte-ention!" The men stood with their arms by their sides, rifles in hand, "About turn" The soldiers all quickly turned 180 degrees, "To the front salute!" The men all saluted obediently. "Sharp about turn, Black Hawks, weapons ready!" The men all turned back to face the rangers and drew their rifles back up.
There is a large metal grinding as the front gate is pulled open to reveal a man standing with a large weapon on his back, along with two large devices which are sparking with electricity, the armour resembles enclave power armour but seems more streamlined.
"Ah, Rangers, what a pleasant surprise. Let me show you around..."

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Engortia wrote:As the two men approached the gate to the airport several armed men cocked their assault rifles and aimed them at the rangers, before being quickly interrupted by a loud booming voice.
"Weapons down!" The men immediately lowered their weapons. "Atte-ention!" The men stood with their arms by their sides, rifles in hand, "About turn" The soldiers all quickly turned 180 degrees, "To the front salute!" The men all saluted obediently. "Sharp about turn, Black Hawks, weapons ready!" The men all turned back to face the rangers and drew their rifles back up.
There is a large metal grinding as the front gate is pulled open to reveal a man standing with a large weapon on his back, along with two large devices which are sparking with electricity, the armour resembles enclave power armour but seems more streamlined.
"Ah, Rangers, what a pleasant surprise. Let me show you around..."

"I guess they like us." Frank whispered to Stephen, still having their hands up. The two thought about who would like the NCR, or the Rangers, in the wastleand, their luck seemed to have gone up for once, and the two men walked past the gates they finally saw a man, who they presumed to be in charge of the others. The two saw a man who seemed to spew out electricity, until they noticed the Enclave resemblance. "Erm... You wouldn't happen to be Enclave would you?" Frank asked, suddenly doubting his luck.

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:26 pm

The man stopped. He clenched his fist and a spark was released from his armour.
"Not anymore. I'm not associating myself with their kind anymore. We didn't see eye to eye on a few things. But please, you're our guests, have some food and something to drink you must be parched from your trek through the wasteland." As he said this several people fetched steaming plates of food and glasses of... slightly clean water and placed them in front of where the men were, semi-forcibly sat down. "I'm Hawke, at least that's what this lot call me, and it's what you'll call me too. Now what can I do for you fine rangers?"

Athenian France
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Athenian France » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Aeken wrote:
Athenian France wrote:
Klaire is falling in and out of consciousness aboard the vertibird she says with a struggle from under the respirator "Whats going on, where am I?"

"Don't fear, Ms. Andersotter. All is fine. We are just coming back to base." The lead Squadmember assured, putting his hand on her as a kind gesture. The woman would undoubted be invaluable to the Enclave's distribution of propaganda.

Klaire is impressed by the shear size of the Enclave base she then asks one of the officers "Hey do you know where im supposed to go?"
Generation 30 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Athenian France wrote:
Aeken wrote:"Don't fear, Ms. Andersotter. All is fine. We are just coming back to base." The lead Squadmember assured, putting his hand on her as a kind gesture. The woman would undoubted be invaluable to the Enclave's distribution of propaganda.

Klaire is impressed by the shear size of the Enclave base she then asks one of the officers "Hey do you know where im supposed to go?"

"Ma'am, we have a Vertibird on standby for your departure to the Radio Station #6. We leave in five minutes."

Klaire was left to do what she pleased in the small amount of time left, but would be assumed to follow the crew to Radio Station #6. Jenkins had departed on another Vertibird, heading towards the rumored Talon Company presence detected earlier. He was not sure if there truly was any Talon Company in the Kansas City Wasteland, but no one could be too careful.

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Blake's Shack, Somewhere Outside of Kansas City

*Clink*
Blake pulled the piece of armor plating off of the T-45d Power Armor to reveal the complex electric components beneath. Though it was manufactured more than two hundred years ago, this piece was in prime condition. At least it was before the asshole who used to wear it went and got killed. The Breast plate was blackened with plasma burns, and the wires below were singed. Blake frowned, disgusted, before he threw the armor to the side. "Useless Junk!" he yelled. "Why Can't Some Fucker Die in a T-51b once in a while?" Blake threw the crowbar he had been using across the workshop.

Wilfred hovered into the room. "Sir," he said in his proper English accent. "Were you just screaming?" Blake had found this particular model of Mister Handy damaged in the city. He managed to repair him with various spare parts he had received from his scavenging.

"No," Blake said to Wilfred sarcastically. "You were hearing the other human being who has knowledge of Power Armor Specifics in this particular Scrap Hut." He walked over to other side of the room where his well maintained Shotgun was sitting on a table. He picked it up, and loaded it with shells. He then grabbed his satchel pack and headed for the door. "I'm headed out to look for more scrap. Lock door and try not to die while i'm out. Have fun." Blake told Wilfred as he left the the house. "Of course Sir," the robotic voice sounded behind him, "I will do my very best sir."
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Athenian France
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Athenian France » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Aeken wrote:
Athenian France wrote:Klaire is impressed by the shear size of the Enclave base she then asks one of the officers "Hey do you know where im supposed to go?"

"Ma'am, we have a Vertibird on standby for your departure to the Radio Station #6. We leave in five minutes."

Klaire was left to do what she pleased in the small amount of time left, but would be assumed to follow the crew to Radio Station #6. Jenkins had departed on another Vertibird, heading towards the rumored Talon Company presence detected earlier. He was not sure if there truly was any Talon Company in the Kansas City Wasteland, but no one could be too careful.

The ride on the Vertibird was boring, Klaire was never one for flashy techie stuff she just cant wait to get her feet wet with the Enclave if they will give her an assignment she can get started.
Generation 30 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Athenian France wrote:
Aeken wrote: "Ma'am, we have a Vertibird on standby for your departure to the Radio Station #6. We leave in five minutes."

The ride on the Vertibird was boring, Klaire was never one for flashy techie stuff she just cant wait to get her feet wet with the Enclave if they will give her an assignment she can get started.

The Vertibird landed silently, the gusts of air blowing back the loose rubble laid out on the ground. A large, pod-like building was embedded in the ruins of an old apartment complex, the metal door's panel flashing in different colors. Klaire was brought back out from the Vertibird. An officer pressed the panel's buttons with a swift touch, unlocking the large compartment to the group. The internal section was covered in mechanical divisions of all sorts, such as Eyebot cameras and radio sensors across the map. Enginners were busy at work as the officer led Klaire into a medium sized quarters.

"Ms. Andersotter, this is your quarters. Feel free to do whatever you like to it. Talk with the requisition officer down the corridor. The assignment to investigate the Rangers in uptown is on your desk over there. Good hunting."

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 pm

The Treorai wrote:Blake's Shack, Somewhere Outside of Kansas City

*Clink*
Blake pulled the piece of armor plating off of the T-45d Power Armor to reveal the complex electric components beneath. Though it was manufactured more than two hundred years ago, this piece was in prime condition. At least it was before the asshole who used to wear it went and got killed. The Breast plate was blackened with plasma burns, and the wires below were singed. Blake frowned, disgusted, before he threw the armor to the side. "Useless Junk!" he yelled. "Why Can't Some Fucker Die in a T-51b once in a while?" Blake threw the crowbar he had been using across the workshop.

Wilfred hovered into the room. "Sir," he said in his proper English accent. "Were you just screaming?" Blake had found this particular model of Mister Handy damaged in the city. He managed to repair him with various spare parts he had received from his scavenging.

"No," Blake said to Wilfred sarcastically. "You were hearing the other human being who has knowledge of Power Armor Specifics in this particular Scrap Hut." He walked over to other side of the room where his well maintained Shotgun was sitting on a table. He picked it up, and loaded it with shells. He then grabbed his satchel pack and headed for the door. "I'm headed out to look for more scrap. Lock door and try not to die while i'm out. Have fun." Blake told Wilfred as he left the the house. "Of course Sir," the robotic voice sounded behind him, "I will do my very best sir."

After the stuff that went on in the bar, who's name Jake could no longer remember, He had headed in a southern direction more or less, continuing to loot and scavenge from interesting ruins then selling it at settlements he ran across. After quite a while (a few days or so), he ended up in the general region of Blake's home. Jake obviously didn't know that, and kept exploring. This area seemed really rich scrap metal and parts, and Jake had amassed quite a bit over the few days he had been in the area. Scrap sold pretty well as people enjoyed having something to build out of. The parts were likely going to be sold at either a larger settlement or the BoS. He hadn't met them yet, but from what he had heard, they used quite a bit of parts and scrap to maintain equipment. So did the Enclave, though. Jake didn't know where either faction was though.

Jake was humming an old song he had heard at the bar. He couldn't remember any lyrics though, so he wasn't singing. With the mostly empty cityscape he was wandering through, the sound carried surprisingly well. Jake carried his rifle, prepared to fire if any hostiles appeared. He had seen quite a few Mole Rats and Radroaches in this area so far, but none had attacked him yet. Never could be too careful though.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm

New Aksarben wrote:
The Treorai wrote:Blake's Shack, Somewhere Outside of Kansas City

*Clink*

After the stuff that went on in the bar, who's name Jake could no longer remember, He had headed in a southern direction more or less, continuing to loot and scavenge from interesting ruins then selling it at settlements he ran across. After quite a while (a few days or so), he ended up in the general region of Blake's home. Jake obviously didn't know that, and kept exploring. This area seemed really rich scrap metal and parts, and Jake had amassed quite a bit over the few days he had been in the area. Scrap sold pretty well as people enjoyed having something to build out of. The parts were likely going to be sold at either a larger settlement or the BoS. He hadn't met them yet, but from what he had heard, they used quite a bit of parts and scrap to maintain equipment. So did the Enclave, though. Jake didn't know where either faction was though.

Jake was humming an old song he had heard at the bar. He couldn't remember any lyrics though, so he wasn't singing. With the mostly empty cityscape he was wandering through, the sound carried surprisingly well. Jake carried his rifle, prepared to fire if any hostiles appeared. He had seen quite a few Mole Rats and Radroaches in this area so far, but none had attacked him yet. Never could be too careful though.

After hours of searching, Blake had not found another power armor clad corpse. He came across the severed head of a Protectron, and gave it a kick. He then yelled at the top of his lungs "Fuck This, Fuck You, and Fuck Me!" He pulled what scrap he could get from the body and placed it in his pack. "I Fucking hate this shit. Why can't more assholes die?" Blake asked the air, and continued walking looking for worth while scrap. "I mean honestly," he began a while later. "If this is a real war they got going on here, shouldn't there be more pieces of Power Armor just laying around? I know they take good care to protect that shit from us, but surely they can't keep it all safe." he kicked a rock. "I haven't picked up a radio signal in weeks." he complained, looking down at his Lil'-Pip 3000.

Blake walked for hours without finding anything besides a severely damaged Brotherhood helmet. "I hate my life. Why did I ever leave McCarren? I was earning good caps, I had access to the Strip whenever I wanted... why in the hell did I leave McCarren?" he muttered. Then he stopped in his tracks. I hear music. The sound was strange. It had been months since he had heard the sound of another person's voice. "Might be Enclave." he whispered. "Shut Up" he whispered back to himself. Blake pulled the shotgun from the holster on his back, and aimed it. "Who the hell are you?" he asked when he saw the other man.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Engortia wrote:The man stopped. He clenched his fist and a spark was released from his armour.
"Not anymore. I'm not associating myself with their kind anymore. We didn't see eye to eye on a few things. But please, you're our guests, have some food and something to drink you must be parched from your trek through the wasteland." As he said this several people fetched steaming plates of food and glasses of... slightly clean water and placed them in front of where the men were, semi-forcibly sat down. "I'm Hawke, at least that's what this lot call me, and it's what you'll call me too. Now what can I do for you fine rangers?"

As they thanked Hawke for the meal he had ordered for them, Stephen and Frank were not too sure what to make of the situation, mainly due to the initial confusion mixed with the generosity of the people. These guys are the nicest group we've met Stephen thought to himself, Organised and has a lot of technology, smart place to settle. "I couldn't help notice the vertibirds and bombers while we were scouting. We also spotted some kind of hybrid between a vertibird and something we couldn't distinguish, what exactly was that thing?"

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:34 pm

The Treorai wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:After the stuff that went on in the bar, who's name Jake could no longer remember, He had headed in a southern direction more or less, continuing to loot and scavenge from interesting ruins then selling it at settlements he ran across. After quite a while (a few days or so), he ended up in the general region of Blake's home. Jake obviously didn't know that, and kept exploring. This area seemed really rich scrap metal and parts, and Jake had amassed quite a bit over the few days he had been in the area. Scrap sold pretty well as people enjoyed having something to build out of. The parts were likely going to be sold at either a larger settlement or the BoS. He hadn't met them yet, but from what he had heard, they used quite a bit of parts and scrap to maintain equipment. So did the Enclave, though. Jake didn't know where either faction was though.

After hours of searching, Blake had not found another power armor clad corpse. He came across the severed head of a Protectron, and gave it a kick. He then yelled at the top of his lungs "Fuck This, Fuck You, and Fuck Me!" He pulled what scrap he could get from the body and placed it in his pack. "I Fucking hate this shit. Why can't more assholes die?" Blake asked the air, and continued walking looking for worth while scrap. "I mean honestly," he began a while later. "If this is a real war they got going on here, shouldn't there be more pieces of Power Armor just laying around? I know they take good care to protect that shit from us, but surely they can't keep it all safe." he kicked a rock. "I haven't picked up a radio signal in weeks." he complained, looking down at his Lil'-Pip 3000.

Blake walked for hours without finding anything besides a severely damaged Brotherhood helmet. "I hate my life. Why did I ever leave McCarren? I was earning good caps, I had access to the Strip whenever I wanted... why in the hell did I leave McCarren?" he muttered. Then he stopped in his tracks. I hear music. The sound was strange. It had been months since he had heard the sound of another person's voice. "Might be Enclave." he whispered. "Shut Up" he whispered back to himself. Blake pulled the shotgun from the holster on his back, and aimed it. "Who the hell are you?" he asked when he saw the other man.

Jake certainly was surprised by the shotgun in his face. He tightened his grip on his rile, but didn't move. He looked at the strange guy who was threatening him and said, "I am Jake Humfre." He said simply, very worried about what this man was thinking. A little twitch, and he was as good as dead. And it would be somewhat bad for business to be sans a head.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!