NATION

PASSWORD

Gama (IC) (CLOSED!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elipida
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Elipida » Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Jason walked out of the small cramped room back into the long winding hallways. "Looks like I have some time to kill, some time to-"
he noticed there was now a new announcement on the bulletin board. "...partake in some new missions right off the bat. I guess no rest for the weary then"

He read through the short notice. "Guess details would be provided once we pick one. Warsaw is closer to home, but if the situation demands it, there's no clear retreat but up. Singapore has water on three of their sides, so we can retreat where they can't reach us. Singapore has more strategic value too, but the heavy urbanization will make the support role much harder. And since it's a higher priority target, it should also have the most resistance and thus be much more risky than Warsaw.

Argh it's hard to choose between the two without details!"
Just a heads up; the demonym is "Elipian", not "Elipidian"
Wiki Page PMT/EFT Factbook
High Quality Weapons and Technologies
Bosiso wrote:A global, yet peaceful empire that maintains its peace by strength.
Drakeland wrote:The force necessary to keep the world united.
Grellania wrote:What in the hell is going on in Elipida? Every man has guns for arms and legs?
Frisivisia wrote:
Elipida wrote:what's wrong with homosexuality? What have homosexuals ever do to you?

They leave behind a trail of fabulousness. You know how hard fabulousness is to clean up?
"Whoever Wishes for Peace, Let Him Prepare for War"

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Wed May 29, 2013 9:46 pm

Gilbert walked out of the med bay to get a jump start on practicing with the Guardian, but before that he would need to make a quick stop at his room to change into his flight uniform. As he walked by the bulletin board he saw Jason, who's attention seemed to be focused on a new notice. Gilbert stopped and glanced over Jason's shoulder to read what it was. "So I'm team leader for the Singapore mission." Gilbert said sounding a bit annoyed. "Fantastic." He headed back to his room to change, and decided he would take his portable email with him and look at it later.

Dr. Jarnefeldt looked at her clipboard and checked off Allison from the list of pilots still in need of a physical. Looking up from it she saw Anna sitting patiently. "Well Miss Davenport, you seem ready to go. Why don't we have you go next?"
Last edited by Xing on Fri May 31, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu May 30, 2013 4:27 am

Snapping back into reality after a rather pleasant daydream, one with her kid brother years back, she looked around and nodded to the doctor. "Yeah, let's do this. So can I say with confidence that this isn't a regular medical exam?" She asked.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Thu May 30, 2013 10:21 am

"Well the physical is pretty much your ordinary examination." Dr. Jarnefeldt told Anna while guiding her into the room. "It's to test whether your body can handle the injection. And the injection is a variant of the solution you saw Yuri make and use last night." After she had told the young pilot this she closed the door and flipped through the medical forms on her clipboard until she found Anna's
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 pm

"Alright, so basically you see how healthy I am so you can stick me with another needle to see if I'm healthy enough for a drug? I'm in." Anna giggled lightly. She was using humor to keep her spirits up, she always hated doctors offices, and by extension, needles.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Fri May 31, 2013 10:12 pm

Dr. Jarnefeldt chuckled. "Well I guess that's one way to put it." Dr. Jarnefeldt took out her stethoscope and listened to Anna's heartbeat, it seemed to check out fine. Her breathing seemed steady as well. After going through so many physicals in a row, Dr. Jarnefeldt was looking for a way to break up the monotony. She figured she'd try some idle conversation while she worked. "So you and Jason seem to be getting along well, how'd this adventure you two had last night go?"

Gilbert left his room and headed for the hangar. After arriving he found the Guardian sitting there off on its own in the hangar. One of the mechanics stepped up to the release controls and he got ready to link up to the valk. The hub on the back of his neck met up with the connection point of the valk control system and it interfaced with his nervous system. He closed his eyes and when he reopened them his vision became that of outside the valk. "It may be the second time I've done that, but it still amazes me when it does." He said to himself. "Alright, I'm ready to go."

When he said this the mechanic punched in the command for the release and Gilbert walked the valk out of the hangar before taking to the skies. He noticed a blip show up on the radar showing a friendly unit in the distance. As he approached it didn't look like any of the valks he had seen around before.
Last edited by Xing on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri May 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Allison looked at the second drawing. It wasn't identical to the first, but it was very similar. She sighed and put her head down. "When will this end..." She thought to herself. She got up and went to the closet to find the photos still in their same position. She didn't open the box, but instead she stared at it before closing the door. "I'm hungry..." She said as she walked out into the halls and headed out to the rest of the town on foot. She eyed the training area to see a new VALK running target practice. "Another Nugget. At least this one practices." She said to herself.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:26 am

Anna kept up on the listening part of the exam, but froze as soon as she was asked about Jason, whom she hadn't seen since they parted ways on that street.

"Oh, heh, it's all going fine. He took me to this wonderful restaurant, although I would have preferred Culvers or something simple, the staff there were really nasty about me."

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:48 pm

"Yeah, that's the stigma of being a Gama operative. Everyone in town knows who you are." Dr. Jarnefeldt said having finished checking Anna's heart and moved to the next part of her examination. "One would think they would be a bit nicer considering what we are doing, but my guess would be they don't like the constant noise and fly overs from being so close."

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 pm

"Sooner or later, we're going to have training shells falling on their doghouses or something of the sort, they always find something to complain about about us. But I guess we're good scapegoats." Anna shrugged. "Let them, it's a free country, somehow still."

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Anako popped up behind allison."looks like were going on other mission together!"
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Elipida
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Elipida » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 pm

"Guess I'm going to China" Jason sighed, clearly not knowing where Singapore was located. He remembered his posh education with a private tutor in the left wing of his mansion. He was told of Singapore's towering skyscrapers and how it had the third highest per capita income in the world. He was told if he was to be successful in the business world, he would need to learn mandarin, the fastest growing language at the time.

However at no point was he told where the city was located.

Not like any of this messy collection of information would be useful to him now, a VALK pilot fighting against humanity's extinction. "To the briefing room... or the hangar? It doesn't state where to go here, does it?"

After a brief pause arguing with himself where to go, he decided it would be best to find Gilbert.
Just a heads up; the demonym is "Elipian", not "Elipidian"
Wiki Page PMT/EFT Factbook
High Quality Weapons and Technologies
Bosiso wrote:A global, yet peaceful empire that maintains its peace by strength.
Drakeland wrote:The force necessary to keep the world united.
Grellania wrote:What in the hell is going on in Elipida? Every man has guns for arms and legs?
Frisivisia wrote:
Elipida wrote:what's wrong with homosexuality? What have homosexuals ever do to you?

They leave behind a trail of fabulousness. You know how hard fabulousness is to clean up?
"Whoever Wishes for Peace, Let Him Prepare for War"

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Allison internally screamed a little when Anako told her she was going with her on a mission. "I see...so you'd rather go with me to Warsaw than with Gilbert to Singapore. Well then, I suggest you start practicing combat maneuvers with your VALK. I'm going to get something to eat." She said to the girl as she walked off into the downtown area.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm

"yes ma'am!" Anako ran off to the hanager and climb into angeloid and began practicing,Angeloid begin a arty-type VALk wasn't to nimble on it's feet,but was still faster enough to out run it's enemies when needed
XA-1MVGLHS
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 am

"It's the nature of the beast I suppose. Everyone needs something to complain about." Dr. Jarnefeldt said. "The best thing you can do to help is to make yourself look the least like a Gama member that you can."

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 am

Allison had returned to the barracks after her rather uneventful trip to the city. a quick bite and she was back in time for some other things. She passed by a woman who was wearing the Gama uniform. "Excuse me, ma'am. I don't think I've seen you around here; are you new?" Allison asked. The woman smiled. "Yes, I'm the replacement for Mashimoto as Head of the Gama Communications Sector. My name is Alexandra. And you are, Miss Fisher?" The woman said with a small smile. Allison nodded affirmatively. "Excellent. I've heard good things about our Valkyrie pilots." "I'm sure you have." "The team briefings will start this afternoon. In about an hour, to be exact. Everyone will be notified accordingly. I hope to see you there, especially, Miss Fisher." "Yes ma'am." And with that, Alexandra walked down the halls and disappeared around the corner.

Achievement

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Jack was jotting down notes about the condition of the rats when he noticed something odd. The rats had human faces. There was one with Anna's face, one with Jason's face, one with Allison's face. He squinted, and he saw one with his face. Suddenly, the rats seemed very far away. But they were connected to his face with glowing blue lines. Jack heard a noise, like static on a TV but a thousand times worse. He turned around, and behind him was Yuri. Yuri's skin melted. Under his skin there was a zombie with a television screen crudely stitched to its face. The TV switched on, and he saw the three Proteus operatives who had infected Samoa. A fire started from the Proteus operative's mouth's and escaped from the TV, quickly engulfing the room. Jack thought of possible ways he could get out of the situation, when he noticed that the fire didn't go anywhere near the human/rat creatures or the glowing blue energy. Logic and common sense had obviously been rendered obsolete a long time ago, so Jack decided to do what made sense. He threw the rats into the fire. The first one he threw exploded into blue energy, destroying the fire near it. Jack threw all of them into the fire, slowly pushing it back until the room was completely fine. He noticed that the television-zombie thing had disappeared, and that he was sitting in the chair where he was working, face down in paper looking at a very much non-human rat.

Jack had fallen asleep while working on his nanobots, which was of course a bad idea when testing otherwise untested creations. Fortunately, nothing had gone wrong. He woke up to find the rats he had reprogrammed, immediately identifiable by their glowing blue veins, desperately knawing on the last bits of food. That was normal, though Jack regretted that he fad fallen asleep before he had refilled the rodent's food. The nanobots increased their host's metabolism, to gather material for their conversions and to generate power for the bots. Jack scribbled down a few more notes and refilled the rat's food, giving the reprogrammed rats much more to sustain their nanobots. He walked into another room in the lab and noticed Dr. Jarnefeldt and Anna. Rubbing his eyes and yawning, Jack tried to get their attention. "Anna, nice to see you. You two, Doctor." he said, his exhaustion obvious. "I can tell I've been asleep for a while, I was up late making things blue and glow-y. What have I missed?"
Signatures are so 2014.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:55 am

"Jack? What are you doing in here?" Dr. Jarnefeldt asked demandingly. While there wasn't really anything for him to see, Dr. Jarnefeldt stepped between him and Anna anyways attempting to maintain her privacy. "This is a private physical. I'm going to have to ask you to wait in the lobby and I'll explain when I'm done here."u
Last edited by Xing on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Anako set in her room playing with toy versions of a baneblade from war hammer and a metal gear Rex from solid snake,she made noises and even played music in the background
XA-1MVGLHS

I don't use NS stats.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:23 pm

"Oh?" Anna looked suddenly surprised. She blushed and stepped up and backed up, blushing suddenly at the intrusion. She then decided to lighten the mood. "Well, if you really wanted to hang out, you could have called me first!" She spat, laughing.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Xing wrote:"Jack? What are you doing in here?" Dr. Jarnefeldt asked demandingly. While there wasn't really anything for him to see, Dr. Jarnefeldt stepped between him and Anna anyways attempting to maintain her privacy. "This is a private physical. I'm going to have to ask you to wait in the lobby and I'll explain when I'm done here."u

The BranRiech wrote:"Oh?" Anna looked suddenly surprised. She blushed and stepped up and backed up, blushing suddenly at the intrusion. She then decided to lighten the mood. "Well, if you really wanted to hang out, you could have called me first!" She spat, laughing.

Jack's face went red. "I- uh... Sorry... uh... I'll leave now, I guess..." Jack left in a hurry, but he noticed that there was a syringe containing the solution Yuri had created last night. If Yuri had perfected it, he wanted the injection. For the moment, he stood and waited outside the room, waiting for Anna to leave so that he could go in and request an injection. A voice in the back of his mind told him that he had been stupid. He shouldn't have walked in like that, he had thought of his intrusion as funny if awkward at first but now he felt like he needed to beat himself up about it. It was stupid. He was stupid, and sorry. But he tried to distract himself from that thought by thinking about the reprogrammed nanobot project, and Yuri's solution, and all of the amazing ideas the Gama operatives seemed to be coming up with. Hopefully Anna would like his ideas.
Signatures are so 2014.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:29 pm

"Is there no privacy anymore? I mean really." Dr. Jarnefeldt said after Jack had left the room. She was relieved that he had walked in when they had for the most part finished up and not during a time when Anna was exposed. "Well now that our little scare is over, I'd like to let you know that you've passed with a clean bill of health Anna. From here its up to you as to whether you want to receive the injection, it functions much like the one you saw Yuri take last night however I have modified it to be a bit safer."
Last edited by Xing on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Unites State-Of-Minds
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Utceforp wrote:Jack's face went red. "I- uh... Sorry... uh... I'll leave now, I guess..." Jack left in a hurry, but he noticed that there was a syringe containing the solution Yuri had created last night. If Yuri had perfected it, he wanted the injection. For the moment, he stood and waited outside the room, waiting for Anna to leave so that he could go in and request an injection. A voice in the back of his mind told him that he had been stupid. He shouldn't have walked in like that, he had thought of his intrusion as funny if awkward at first but now he felt like he needed to beat himself up about it. It was stupid. He was stupid, and sorry. But he tried to distract himself from that thought by thinking about the reprogrammed nanobot project, and Yuri's solution, and all of the amazing ideas the Gama operatives seemed to be coming up with. Hopefully Anna would like his ideas.

His arms crossed and his head tilted back, Yuri stared vacantly at the waiting room ceiling. His hollow, plastic like, smiling expression would have been off putting to passerby, had there been any. It felt as though it had been an eternity since he sat down in that twice damned room, and having never been the most patient of individuals certainly was of no help. It was at this time, through the haze of his collective thoughts, he noticed the nervous looking visage of the pilot fidgeting by the doorway to the examination room. His joints creaking in opposition, he sat up and corrected his posture, forcing a more sincere looking smile upon his face.

"Looking rather nervous are we Mr. Moore? I assure you there is nothing to fear in a routine physical."
Last edited by The Unites State-Of-Minds on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Allison put another drawing aside. This was her second one, and looked to be in the same fashion as the other. She stared blankly at the two illustrations. "Why do I keep doing this to myself..." She asked no one. "Is it because there is no other way to express my emotions outside my own mind and body?" She sighed. "There's no easy explanation, and there never will be. It's something I must live with." She put them inside a drawer in her desk. "It's just like Gil said: Everyone has their own burden to bear." She stopped and looked to her box in the closet and sighed. "But some are heavier than others..."

Achievement

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:His arms crossed and his head tilted back, Yuri stared vacantly at the waiting room ceiling. His hollow, plastic like, smiling expression would have been off putting to passerby, had there been any. It felt as though it had been an eternity since he sat down in that twice damned room, and having never been the most patient of individuals certainly was of no help. It was at this time, through the haze of his collective thoughts, he noticed the nervous looking visage of the pilot fidgeting by the doorway to the examination room. His joints creaking in opposition, he sat up and corrected his posture, forcing a more sincere looking smile upon his face.

"Looking rather nervous are we Mr. Moore? I assure you there is nothing to fear in a routine physical."

Jack noticed Yuri in the room, he could tell he was either very bored or lost in thought. One of the two. Jack could tell from Yuri's face, despite his smile seeming very sincere his forehead and eyes looked like someone who needed a break. Jack immediately changed his posture and face, looking more like his usual, grumpy and emotionless self. "I must admit, I am slightly nervous about getting an injection that was only created half a day ago, though I think I am mostly tired. I was working on a project involving repurposing Gama's nanobots for more peaceful means, but I won't go on about it. You seem bored, I just woke up recently so I wouldn't know, but have you been waiting here long?"
Signatures are so 2014.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse