NATION

PASSWORD

The Camp (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Camp (OOC)

Postby Lancearc » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 pm

The traditional carry something heavy/hard working music, especially appropriate in this instance.

December 3rd, 1950
Somewhere in the Siberian Taiga
Russia

A train sped down the railway that cut deep into the heart if the almost constantly frozen, consistently unforgiving, and harsh conditions of Siberia. Behind it, many cars trail behind, including two guard cars and more than ten prisoner cars. The conditions within is cramped, dirty, and hellish. Little food, water, and sunlight mixed with the lack of proper bathrooms created a horrid ride. Even this, however, would be preferable to what awaited them.

The men and women on this train were the political prisoners of Stalin and the Soviet Union. Those who dared speak out against his regime--and even perhaps Nazi German soldiers never released after the Second World War. Rather than having these enemies of his dictatorship executed, they were given a fate worse than death. They were given the punishment of being sent to a work camp, laying railroad, logging, and slaving away in some of the coldest conditions on earth, not to mention the bare bones rations handed out by the camp's warden.

You, are one of these unlucky prisoners. I, too, will be controlling one of these men, but eill also be taking the role of the warden and guards within the camp. The life isn't easy, and it won't be long before the newly arrived prisoners brcome a thorn in the side of the guards, with plans of escape and resisting them every chance they get...

Or, perhaps, you will serve peacefully? Out of fear of execution? Resignation to your fate? Or maybe you even believe that what you did was truly wrong? And even still, perhaps you've just given up hope. The choice is yours, all your own.

RULES
1. OP's word is law, no exceptions.
2. All major guard activities are controlled by moi.
3. Standard RP etiquette.
4. Co-OPs make rulings under my whim in my absence.

And, last but not least:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Offense(s):
Short Bio:

The Accepted
Lancearc - Warden Krishnokev, Nikolai Brusknov
Whittington - Elena Dorokhin
Aeken - Konrad Dudek
The Confederate States 0f America - Alexander Yeager
the balkens - Michael Hermuth
Last edited by Lancearc on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 pm

This is extremely tempting.

"I won the Nobel Prize for literature...what was your crime?"
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

Whittington
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 pm

Name: Elena Dorokhin
Appearance: Image
Personality: Elena is passionate, driven, brave, outspoken and is fiercely loyal.
Offense(s): Elena's husband, Ivan ran an underground newspaper that openly spoke out against Stalin and his regime. Elena is a casualty of her husband's actions. She is suspected to have written some of the articles in the paper.
Short Bio: Elena's husband, Ivan owned a newspaper that printed propaganda for Stalin, but was able to run an underground paper that frowned upon the regime. Elena never know of her husband's rebellious activities as she was busy running a popular bakery. Elena was born in the country side and met Ivan during a trip to Moscow. They two hit it off and began their life together shortly after meeting. Elena stood by her husband through everything, even when news broke out about his disapproval of Stalin. Though she had no part in the underground newspaper, she never denied, or confessed to the accusations. Her husband, Ivan was killed for his action, while Elena was put on a train to the work camp. Though she has her life, she would have rather died than live without him.
Last edited by Whittington on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:05 am

Accepted.

Name: Mikhail Krishnokev
Appearance: Standing at 5'10 and 210 pounds, he is certainly an intimidating man from appearance alone. An ethnic Russian, brown hair with eyes to match. He has a scar down his cheek, earned in the Second World War.
Personality: Krishnokev is a loyal man, done could consider him a lapdog of the higher ups. He is harsh, but will rarely kill his prisoners--mostly because he takes a perverse pleasure in watching them slave their lives away under his boot.
Short Bio: Mikhail's parents were fierce supporters of communism, and this rubbed off on him from his parents and his years in school, were it was rare to enter a classroom without a portrait of Lenin. In his school years he was an avid member if many youth groups associated with communism, and used his membership in these groups to get into the Red Army. During his years in service during World War Two, he rose through the ranks, but never hit Commissar, perhaps fortunate. Still, he'd proven himself enough in cruelness and leadership qualities to be given a post at the camp as warden.
Last edited by Lancearc on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 am

Yee buddy...this is going to be awesome !!
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 am

Had to accept Aeken via TG due to technical difficulties.

Name: Nikolai Brusknov
Appearance: Standing at 5'7, 185 pounds. He is ethnically a German, as evidenced by his blonde hair and blue eyes, though he was born in Russia and given a Russian name
Personality: Nikolai is ever defiant, and wants the best for anyone he can assist. He is a hopeful character, and will not break easily.
Offense(s): Nikolai was caught while sneaking citizens that were duspected of speaking against Stalin out of country before they were arrested. He is also an artist, having painted many anti-government works against Stalin's Regine.
Short Bio: Nikolai, while born in East Germany, was the child if a very Russian father a d a German mother. He was given a Russian name, after his father, but the similatities to other native Russiabs ends there. His father was a communist and a drinker, while his mother was far from supporting the communist government. His father would beat his mother because if this, and she became very quiet and afraid, and in his teenage years Nikolai ran fron home. He going his way to Leningrad, where he began painting for money--not too publicly, as his paintings could have been considered speaking out against the regime. He also took sympathy for suspected enemies of the state, and snuck several families to safety for years before he was finally captured.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:18 am

So, any suggestions as to the name of our camp?

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 am

Name: Michael hermuth
Appearance: short brown hair, stands at 6 ft tall. blue eyes. several small scars across face.
Personality: strong willed. helpful. suffers from PTSD.
Offense(s): accused of war crimes committed in Stalingrad.
Short Bio: born in hamburg to a wealthy family, michael joined the german army in 1940.
during the war, he served with distinction on the eastern front. however, in the final days of the battle of stalingrad; he along with several of his comrades were captured.
over the next few years, he was transfered from camp to camp before finally arriving at this hole.
Last edited by The balkens on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:47 am

Ooh, count me in! Even if I do mostly RP in apocalyptic, catastrophic and horror rps.
But this sounds interesting. Will make an app later. :lol:
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Confederate States 0f America
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Confederate States 0f America » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:22 am

Name: Alexander Yeager
Nationality: American
Appearance:Image
[b]Personality:
Fiercely loyal to the United States and to his friends. Being an American in the CCCP Yeager was always suspicious of those around him. It took a lot of trust before Yeager would let someone into his life.
Offense(s): Being a capitalist American. Accused of anti-soviet propaganda and attempting to undermine the working class.
Short Bio: Alex was a assembly line manager at Ford plant in Detroit and was one of the people who helped develop the modern assembly line. In 1942 an agreement was struck between the USSR and the USA to send factory managers to the USSR in an effort to improve Soviet wartime production Alex was one of the "lucky few" who were sent to Russia. There he worked in numerous factories to improve the production. He viewed the Soviet ideals as flawed and inefficient, though he always kept those opinions to himself. Yeager was always in fear for his life, both from the attacking Germans and the Soviet Government. He saw many of his coworkers were suddenly disappearing. When the war was over Alex was expecting to return home, but that time never came. What Alex didn't know was the Soviets had no intention of returning him back to America. The Soviet government claimed he was killed during the war. In 1945 he was arrested and was forced to help rebuild war-torn countries, in fact he worked with German POWs. In 1950 he was deemed a security risk and sentenced to life in a Soviet Gulag for attempting to undermine the Soviet Government, all the offenses against Alex were falsified.
Last edited by Confederate States 0f America on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slavery was officially abolished in the Confederates States in 1881
My nation does not represent my real life beliefs.

Factbook and Weebly
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=confederate_states_0f_america/detail=factbook/dcategory=1
http://confederatestatesofamerica.weebly.com/
Weebly is mostly deadlinks. Slowly working on it.

Factbook is still under construction and is incomplete. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to TG me

WHAT WAS SHALL BE WHAT SHALL BE WAS

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 am

Accepted. Interesting, to have an American.

The warden will take special delight in tormenting you :twisted:
Last edited by Lancearc on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Confederate States 0f America
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Confederate States 0f America » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:28 am

Lancearc wrote:Accepted. Interesting, to have an American.

The warden will take special delight in tormenting you :twisted:

That's the idea...what's worse than being in a Soviet Gulag? Being an American in a Soviet Gulag. Alex will definitely have a target on his back.
Slavery was officially abolished in the Confederates States in 1881
My nation does not represent my real life beliefs.

Factbook and Weebly
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=confederate_states_0f_america/detail=factbook/dcategory=1
http://confederatestatesofamerica.weebly.com/
Weebly is mostly deadlinks. Slowly working on it.

Factbook is still under construction and is incomplete. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to TG me

WHAT WAS SHALL BE WHAT SHALL BE WAS

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 am

Michael is accepted.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 pm

I'll give this a try.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Galdius wrote:I'll give this a try.

YAY !!

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Name:Irena Jowita Chlebek
Appearance:Image
Personality: Brave,Chatty
Offense(s): Speaking out against stalin.(I really don't know what would get you throw in a gulag)
Short Bio:Born is Stalingrad, Irena was born to a patriotic mother and father. She was an only child of a peasant family. When the cowardly fascist invaded the motherland, and when the red army began to accept female soldiers, she ran to the nearest recruitment office and joined the glorious Red army. Of course the Greaat patriotic war changed her view on Stilan and the Goverment, and she became a oritior(How ever you spell that) preaching against the government, of course Irena isnt that smartest branch under the tree and was caught and sent the gulag.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Accepted.

Things that could get you thrown into a Gulag, for future reference:

Speaking out against the government, Anti-government art, literature, music, etc., supporting capitalists and capitalism, being a spy (Obviously. That is, if you weren't executed), helping capitalist sympathizers escape the city/country...

Basically, anything that isn't in support of the regime and is above your typical crimes like theivery and murder would get one sent to a labor camp.
Last edited by Lancearc on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Lancearc wrote:So, any suggestions as to the name of our camp?

I got a bad one
Frozen hell or Замороженный ад
Last edited by Zeinbrad on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Fred Rogers

Lewina
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Name: Burlin Koch
Appearance: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/19653 ... storyx.jpg
Personality: He's a young obedient man that focuses on getting out of the gulag.
Offense(s): He was a guard at a Nazi concentration camp, he was captured by the Red Army when they took over eastern Germany.
Short Bio: Burlin grew up to a wealthy German family. He grew up learning three languages; Russian, French, and English. He did good in school and was one of the best students in his class. When he finished school he was forced into the German army, he couldn't go off to college. He served from 1940 to 1945 in the German army. When the soviets took control of eastern Germany he was captured from a concentration camp he was stationed at and was sent to the gulag. He has been there for five long years, and he's still trying to find a way out of there and into freedom.
Last edited by Lewina on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being NJ since '96

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Lewina wrote:Name: Burlin Koch
Personality: He's a young obedient man that focuses on getting out of the gulag.
Offense(s): He was a guard at a Nazi concentration camp, he was captured by the Red Army when they took over western Germany.
Short Bio: Burlin grew up to a wealthy German family. He grew up learning three languages; Russian, French, and English. He did good in school and was one of the best students in his class. When he finished school he was forced into the German army, he couldn't go off to college. He served from 1940 to 1945 in the German army. When the soviets took control of western Germany he was captured from a concentration camp he was stationed at and was sent to the gulag. He has been there for five long years, and he's still trying to find a way out of there and into freedom.

I think you mean eastern Germany.
― Fred Rogers

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Galdius wrote:I'll give this a try.

Hey gald, long time no see.
:)

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 pm

The Reds never touched Western Germany, but accepted

Lewina
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Lewina wrote:Name: Burlin Koch
Offense(s): He was a guard at a Nazi concentration camp, he was captured by the Red Army when they took over western Germany.
Short Bio: Burlin grew up to a wealthy German family. He grew up learning three languages; Russian, French, and English. He did good in school and was one of the best students in his class. When he finished school he was forced into the German army, he couldn't go off to college. He served from 1940 to 1945 in the German army. When the soviets took control of western Germany he was captured from a concentration camp he was stationed at and was sent to the gulag. He has been there for five long years, and he's still trying to find a way out of there and into freedom.

I think you mean eastern Germany.

I think I did.
Being NJ since '96

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Bump

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse