NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 5, Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:30 am

Olthar wrote:
Ende wrote:With an ultimatum like that, why are you still here?

I would not be spending time online when your life is falling apart.
The Inritus Extraho wrote:I have to agree with Ende on this... Honestly, I would be taking a break from the Internet if something like that happened, or something of equal importance happened (as I recently did, heh...), but... Damn, I have no idea.

Sidenote: In my opinion, that's really, uh, immature (? can't think of the right word) of your mother. Depression isn't just a 'oh think you're happy and you are' thing...

Edit: Oh... uh... this seems in bad taste now, butshamelessly advertises.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote: :hug:

Secondly, you really should not be on the Internet right now.

And what the fuck else should I be doing!?

Speaking out of experience? Not this. This is a temporary clutch. Ultimately the real problems are in real life, not here.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Olthar wrote:And what the fuck else should I be doing!?

Speaking out of experience? Not this. This is a temporary clutch. Ultimately the real problems are in real life, not here.

And? Focusing on real problems is for people who can actually solve them. There is absolutely nothing I can do in two months that will satisfy her. Nothing. So, I'd rather just not think about it.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:37 am

Olthar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Speaking out of experience? Not this. This is a temporary clutch. Ultimately the real problems are in real life, not here.

And? Focusing on real problems is for people who can actually solve them. There is absolutely nothing I can do in two months that will satisfy her. Nothing. So, I'd rather just not think about it.

See, this is exactly why you are depressed.

Because you don't hate yourself because you have low self-esteem, or because other people were mean to you. You hate yourself because you don't do anything. It's harsh, but it's a frank truth and one I had to come to grips with as well. When you have the attitude that you can't do anything, you won't do anything and that leads into a deeper hole. I know, I've been there and I'm still crawling out of it every damn day.

I sound like a pretentious prick and you'll end up focusing on the tone of what I'm saying rather than the content of it. Humans don't like to change or try to change. But I promise you this: If you try to focus on your real problems, there is a very good chance you can solve them and give the world hell. If you don't, the world will give you hell. It is that simple. It sucks, but it is simple.
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 am

Olthar wrote:And? Focusing on real problems is for people who can actually solve them. There is absolutely nothing I can do in two months that will satisfy her. Nothing. So, I'd rather just not think about it.

See, this is exactly why you are depressed.

Because you don't hate yourself because you have low self-esteem, or because other people were mean to you. You hate yourself because you don't do anything. It's harsh, but it's a frank truth and one I had to come to grips with as well. When you have the attitude that you can't do anything, you won't do anything and that leads into a deeper hole. I know, I've been there and I'm still crawling out of it every damn day.

I sound like a pretentious prick and you'll end up focusing on the tone of what I'm saying rather than the content of it. Humans don't like to change or try to change. But I promise you this: If you try to focus on your real problems, there is a very good chance you can solve them and give the world hell. If you don't, the world will give you hell. It is that simple. It sucks, but it is simple.

Well, good for you. I'm glad you were strong enough to get out on your own. Me? If I had that kid of ability, I'd have fixed everything four years ago. I need people. I need support, and when my own mother says that even she thinks I'm so hopeless and worthless that she's giving up on me, then there's really absolutely nothing I can do on my own.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:45 am

Olthar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:See, this is exactly why you are depressed.

Well, good for you. I'm glad you were strong enough to get out on your own. Me? If I had that kid of ability, I'd have fixed everything four years ago. I need people. I need support, and when my own mother says that even she thinks I'm so hopeless and worthless that she's giving up on me, then there's really absolutely nothing I can do on my own.

Yes, you need support. There is not a single human being alive who is a completely self-made man. People have helped me on every step of the way, as they have helped virtually every other human being in the world. But the thing is that other people can't entirely do it for you. You need to give a little to get a little.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:47 am

Olthar wrote:Well, good for you. I'm glad you were strong enough to get out on your own. Me? If I had that kid of ability, I'd have fixed everything four years ago. I need people. I need support, and when my own mother says that even she thinks I'm so hopeless and worthless that she's giving up on me, then there's really absolutely nothing I can do on my own.

Yes, you need support. There is not a single human being alive who is a completely self-made man. People have helped me on every step of the way, as they have helped virtually every other human being in the world. But the thing is that other people can't entirely do it for you. You need to give a little to get a little.

I have. I've given so much over the past four years, yet no one else has stepped forward to help. By now, I'm at the end of my rope. I have nothing else to give. I'm using all my energy just living day-to-day. Yet still, no one helps me. I am completely alone and unloved here. Not a single damn person even cares.

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 am

Olthar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Yes, you need support. There is not a single human being alive who is a completely self-made man. People have helped me on every step of the way, as they have helped virtually every other human being in the world. But the thing is that other people can't entirely do it for you. You need to give a little to get a little.

I have. I've given so much over the past four years, yet no one else has stepped forward to help. By now, I'm at the end of my rope. I have nothing else to give. I'm using all my energy just living day-to-day. Yet still, no one helps me. I am completely alone and unloved here. Not a single damn person even cares.

Olthar, take Night's advice. It helps.

There is help out there, and it's the only way you can fix things.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 am

Olthar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Yes, you need support. There is not a single human being alive who is a completely self-made man. People have helped me on every step of the way, as they have helped virtually every other human being in the world. But the thing is that other people can't entirely do it for you. You need to give a little to get a little.

Did I say it would be easy? No. You'll likely still have some depression for decades after. Nobody ever gets fully cured, there is no Disney happy ending. If you expect a magical horse and prince to fly in and save you, it will not happen.

Will you stop being depressed in two months? Most likely not, but it is certainly possible. And what your mother more likely wants to see some kind of a change, some kind of difference- not spending your entire time on the Internet, but genuinely trying to get back into life once more. And if you say "There's nothing for me out there", then you have to look. If you've already looked, look more. It's a big world, even in Wisconsin.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 am

Ende wrote:
Olthar wrote:I have. I've given so much over the past four years, yet no one else has stepped forward to help. By now, I'm at the end of my rope. I have nothing else to give. I'm using all my energy just living day-to-day. Yet still, no one helps me. I am completely alone and unloved here. Not a single damn person even cares.

Olthar, take Night's advice. It helps.

Yes. I can just magically fix everything if I try harder. Obviously, the only reason my life is like this is because I just don't care enough. It doesn't matter if my family has abandoned me and I completely lack any friends. I'm sure if I just upturn the nearest rock, I'll find plenty of people willing to help me. That's how the world works, isn't it? If I just wish for it really hard, then all my problems will be magically solved.

Olthar wrote:I have. I've given so much over the past four years, yet no one else has stepped forward to help. By now, I'm at the end of my rope. I have nothing else to give. I'm using all my energy just living day-to-day. Yet still, no one helps me. I am completely alone and unloved here. Not a single damn person even cares.

Did I say it would be easy? No. You'll likely still have some depression for decades after. Nobody ever gets fully cured, there is no Disney happy ending. If you expect a magical horse and prince to fly in and save you, it will not happen.

Will you stop being depressed in two months? Most likely not, but it is certainly possible. And what your mother more likely wants to see some kind of a change, some kind of difference- not spending your entire time on the Internet, but genuinely trying to get back into life once more. And if you say "There's nothing for me out there", then you have to look. If you've already looked, look more. It's a big world, even in Wisconsin.

Victim blaming. That's all you're doing. You're victim blaming. You're just assuming that I haven't been trying, that I don't care. You're assuming that this is all my fault simply because that's easier, simply because you can't lecture someone who's not here. I'll tell you now that this isn't my fault. I've told my mom numerous times that I am depressed, suicidally so, and I have done as much as I can to make her happy. She has consistently ignored me. Then, she gets annoyed with me because apparently, the real tragedy in all this is the fact that my depression inconveniences her, so she yells at me about it.

I have tried. I already told you that, yet you keep banging on this drum about how I'm not giving it enough effort. It's insulting, and you're just making things worse.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:12 am

Olthar wrote:
Ende wrote:Olthar, take Night's advice. It helps.

Yes. I can just magically fix everything if I try harder. Obviously, the only reason my life is like this is because I just don't care enough. It doesn't matter if my family has abandoned me and I completely lack any friends. I'm sure if I just upturn the nearest rock, I'll find plenty of people willing to help me. That's how the world works, isn't it? If I just wish for it really hard, then all my problems will be magically solved.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Did I say it would be easy? No. You'll likely still have some depression for decades after. Nobody ever gets fully cured, there is no Disney happy ending. If you expect a magical horse and prince to fly in and save you, it will not happen.

Victim blaming. That's all you're doing. You're victim blaming. You're just assuming that I haven't been trying, that I don't care. You're assuming that this is all my fault simply because that's easier, simply because you can't lecture someone who's not here. I'll tell you now that this isn't my fault. I've told my mom numerous times that I am depressed, suicidally so, and I have done as much as I can to make her happy. She has consistently ignored me. Then, she gets annoyed with me because apparently, the real tragedy in all this is the fact that my depression inconveniences her, so she yells at me about it.

I have tried. I already told you that, yet you keep banging on this drum about how I'm not giving it enough effort. It's insulting, and you're just making things worse.

No, it's not victim-blaming. It's a statement of fact. It's completely possible you've been trying- I'll believe you on that. And it's possible that you may not find people to help you. But you need to try every day, even when there's no hope. And I'm not stating it's your fault- completely possible your mom is just a completely unreasonable person.

But what I am saying is that you should certainly leave the Internet for a while, even if you do not want to. I will not force you to, but I will give you that advice.

In any case, this should now go for TGs. But the final statement is this- you have my support, and the support and care of others in this thread. And we want you to remain safe and sound and well.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:30 am

The textbook definition of irony: Your parent claiming you are too immature...then almost killing the entire family while throwing a silent tantrum on the car because your brother was too shy to ask a waiter whether there were any tables available.

Sometimes, I wish I had the balls to scold my parents. :palm:

Also, I agree with Nightkill...you have all my love and support, Olthar. :hug:
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:34 am

But the final statement is this- you have my support, and the support and care of others in this thread. And we want you to remain safe and sound and well.

Seconded.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:35 am

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:If you can find out, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

Look, I appreciate the offer, Hard, but I'm not going to spontaneously move in with you in Canada. I'd just be a burden on you, and I don't want to do that to you.

It wouldn't be a burden, Olthar. Helping a friend never is.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 am

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Olthar wrote:Look, I appreciate the offer, Hard, but I'm not going to spontaneously move in with you in Canada. I'd just be a burden on you, and I don't want to do that to you.

It wouldn't be a burden, Olthar. Helping a friend never is.

I meant a financial burden. That's all I am anymore. I'm just an albatross that people have to deal with.

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:39 am

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:It wouldn't be a burden, Olthar. Helping a friend never is.

I meant a financial burden. That's all I am anymore. I'm just an albatross that people have to deal with.

I know that feeling all too well, Olthar. It's horrible, but it is not permanent. :hug:
Last edited by Liriena on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:40 am

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:It wouldn't be a burden, Olthar. Helping a friend never is.

You think I'd care? If I gave more of a damn about money than my friends I wouldn't have extended the offer in the first place.

If there is even a chance I can help you out I will, to do less would make your friendship and the friendship of everyone else here worthless.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Olthar wrote:I meant a financial burden. That's all I am anymore. I'm just an albatross that people have to deal with.

You think I'd care? If I gave more of a damn about money than my friends I wouldn't have extended the offer in the first place.

If there is even a chance I can help you out I will, to do less would make your friendship and the friendship of everyone else here worthless.

Thanks for the offer, but this isn't your responsibility to deal with, and I'd rather not force my problems onto you.

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:You think I'd care? If I gave more of a damn about money than my friends I wouldn't have extended the offer in the first place.

Thanks for the offer, but this isn't your responsibility to deal with, and I'd rather not force my problems onto you.

Look. People trying to help.

If you look hard enough, you'll find people.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Ende wrote:
Olthar wrote:Thanks for the offer, but this isn't your responsibility to deal with, and I'd rather not force my problems onto you.

Look. People trying to help.

Yes. People online. People whom it wouldn't be fair to place burden upon. It's up to those in my real life to pick up the slack, not someone from a few hundred miles away in a different country. Though, I appreciate the gesture.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Name: Mr. Ulysses Utterson
Military or Science: Military
Rank (military, use rank plus this for comparison purposes)/Field (scientists): Major General
Age (Actual): 35
Age (Appears): 35
Race: Human
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Appearance (Picture or good description): Image.
Uniform (for military)/Protective Equipment (for scientists): Because this uniform is awesome.
Powergrid/Powers:
INT - 2
STR - 10
DUR - 10
SPD - 1
FS - 7
Weaknesses (Optional, but you could get more points if you do this): Not very bright
Personality: Very strong and brash - arrogant in every way.
History: Mr. Ulysses Utterson comes from a long line of Uttersons - all capable and skilled fighters. When he was only eight, Mr. Utterson lifted a tanker above his head and used it to destroy a nearby building. Said building was where the Queen was living at the time. She took Utterson and had him placed into a special military training program, called the Longbow Initiative. The Initiative was aimed at creating military super soldiers. Mr. Utterson outclassed his fellow soldiers, moving up the ranks rather quickly.

In 2022, a botched assignment led to Mr. Utterson leaving the commando team - the reason it was 'botched' was because Mr. Utterson - after using his full-loaded rifle as a club to beat hostiles to death - accidentally set off an explosive, destroying half of Vienna in the process. Luckily, he survived, but was later caught by the ISSR while in exile in Hell. Since he was too strong to hold in prison, the ISSR officers decided to make him a member of the organization, putting him to use rebuilding areas of Hell.

Mr. Utterson currently heads an ISSR development project aimed at supplying beer to demonic orphans.
Equipment (include weapons and any personal items. The more detail, the better): MY FISTS!
Last edited by Nude East Ireland on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Nightkill, my app is acceptable, right?
password scrambled

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Condunum wrote:Nightkill, my app is acceptable, right?

The Carl Sagan one?

I'm on the fence on it, since RU is supposed to be more serious, but I suppose he will do.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Condunum wrote:Nightkill, my app is acceptable, right?

The Carl Sagan one?

I'm on the fence on it, since RU is supposed to be more serious, but I suppose he will do.

I can make him serious. Just very long winded. Although I think I'll try to make another character, and save him for a less serious RP.
Last edited by Condunum on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
password scrambled

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Olthar wrote:
Ende wrote:Look. People trying to help.

Yes. People online. People whom it wouldn't be fair to place burden upon. It's up to those in my real life to pick up the slack, not someone from a few hundred miles away in a different country. Though, I appreciate the gesture.

Hard's real. There's no difference between friends you met here or out there when they're true friends. And when someone offers help they expect the burden.

Regardless, I'm sorry about your situation. I sincerely hope things don't take a turn for the worst and if I believed in a god I would pray for you. There's really nothing else I can say. :hug:

@Night: Should I post in RU?
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Olthar wrote:Yes. People online. People whom it wouldn't be fair to place burden upon. It's up to those in my real life to pick up the slack, not someone from a few hundred miles away in a different country. Though, I appreciate the gesture.

Hard's real. There's no difference between friends you met here or out there when they're true friends. And when someone offers help they expect the burden.

Regardless, I'm sorry about your situation. I sincerely hope things don't take a turn for the worst and if I believed in a god I would pray for you. There's really nothing else I can say. :hug:

@Night: Should I post in RU?

I suppose you may as well.

I'll post in the main thread soon, I'm chatting with my brother-in-law, who has now made it here.

So, I'm trying to minimise the damage. :p
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse