NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 5, Closed)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42215
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Olthar wrote:I can get Lena out of boss battles by having Jojo simply not want risking his sister getting killed again, but there's really no way I'll be able to stop Optimus. He's going to go straight into every battle he sees.

Of course, he's also likely to perform a Heroic Sacrifice long before then because he's kind of Robot Jesus like that. :P

Any fight Sisitu gets in, she'll either summon a meat shield or summon something to get her out of there. Just because she can't be permanently killed, doesn't make her a risk-taker. :p


I don't even know for sure who I'll use next arc, :lol:

Except for Voltaire. -Nods-
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25049
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Constaniana wrote:I don't like that idea, since someone could make a character with really high charisma and just make everyone do exactly what he wants. Having an absurdly powerful fighter like Lewis is alright if written well; An irresistible mind-controller, not so much.


I don't think they'd be irresistible mind-controllers even with full Charisma.

I guess so, but someone just hard to resist then. And with full charisma, I believe they'd get a +5 bonus, which makes all their actions pretty much successful unless they have a major penalty on them.
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42215
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Constaniana wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
I don't think they'd be irresistible mind-controllers even with full Charisma.

I guess so, but someone just hard to resist then. And with full charisma, I believe they'd get a +5 bonus, which makes all their actions pretty much successful unless they have a major penalty on them.


This is a D20 we're talking about. It's a significant bonus, yes, but not a game-breaking one. Or at least, so I think.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Olthar
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59474
Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Olthar wrote:viewtopic.php?p=13264375#p13264375

Last app in the list.

My god...

Don't expect him to show up very often, though. I'm pretty much planning for him to show up out of nowhere at the midway point, fight and defeat the mid-boss and then die from a Heroic Sacrifice during said mid-boss.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25049
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Constaniana wrote:I guess so, but someone just hard to resist then. And with full charisma, I believe they'd get a +5 bonus, which makes all their actions pretty much successful unless they have a major penalty on them.


This is a D20 we're talking about. It's a significant bonus, yes, but not a game-breaking one. Or at least, so I think.

So it wouldn't be on the same scale Olthar uses? I guess that certainly changes it.
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42215
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Constaniana wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
This is a D20 we're talking about. It's a significant bonus, yes, but not a game-breaking one. Or at least, so I think.

So it wouldn't be on the same scale Olthar uses? I guess that certainly changes it.


Olthar uses a D6.

Any +5 bonus on a D6 would be an utterly bullshit gamebreaker bonus. :P.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17308
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Christ, Olthar. 6 characters?
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

User avatar
Olthar
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59474
Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Constaniana wrote:So it wouldn't be on the same scale Olthar uses? I guess that certainly changes it.


Olthar uses a D6.

Any +5 bonus on a D6 would be an utterly bullshit gamebreaker bonus. :P.

Not necessarily. Later, you're going to be fighting enemies with attack and defense bonuses higher than that.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42215
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Olthar wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Olthar uses a D6.

Any +5 bonus on a D6 would be an utterly bullshit gamebreaker bonus. :P.

Not necessarily. Later, you're going to be fighting enemies with attack and defense bonuses higher than that.


Meh.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Olthar
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59474
Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Christ, Olthar. 6 characters?

I'm mainly only going to be using two of them, and two more are only occasionally going to pop up. So, it's really more like two and two-halves characters.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

User avatar
Olthar
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59474
Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Olthar wrote:Not necessarily. Later, you're going to be fighting enemies with attack and defense bonuses higher than that.


Meh.

I tell you that you'll be fighting enemies that could utterly destroy you right now without even trying, and you just go "meh?" :p
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

User avatar
Individuality-ness
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37712
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Constaniana wrote:So it wouldn't be on the same scale Olthar uses? I guess that certainly changes it.

Olthar uses a D6.

Any +5 bonus on a D6 would be an utterly bullshit gamebreaker bonus. :P.

Well duh, although that would be funny. :P
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42215
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Olthar wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Meh.

I tell you that you'll be fighting enemies that could utterly destroy you right now without even trying, and you just go "meh?" :p


Well, it's not exactly something unique...

Besides I assume there'll be lots of penalties as well, so wouldn't it all boil down to the same as if you had small bonuses?
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Olthar
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59474
Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Olthar wrote:I tell you that you'll be fighting enemies that could utterly destroy you right now without even trying, and you just go "meh?" :p


Well, it's not exactly something unique...

Besides I assume there'll be lots of penalties as well, so wouldn't it all boil down to the same as if you had small bonuses?

You will get better armor and equipment, but the enemies will ramp up in difficulty faster. ;)
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

User avatar
Erinkita
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14478
Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Erinkita wrote:Any fight Sisitu gets in, she'll either summon a meat shield or summon something to get her out of there. Just because she can't be permanently killed, doesn't make her a risk-taker. :p


I don't even know for sure who I'll use next arc, :lol:

Except for Voltaire. -Nods-

Everybody loves Voltaire. Both the philosopher and the music group.

Olthar wrote:
Erinkita wrote:My god...

Don't expect him to show up very often, though. I'm pretty much planning for him to show up out of nowhere at the midway point, fight and defeat the mid-boss and then die from a Heroic Sacrifice during said mid-boss.

He's Optimus Prime. That's what he's good at. He's almost as eager to sacrifice himself as Bella Swann. :p
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

User avatar
AETEN II
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12949
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:50 pm

I like the system. Maybe like in some RPG's, speed modifies your melee combat attack speed, possibly creating criticals?
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.


Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

User avatar
Erinkita
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14478
Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Christ, Olthar. 6 characters?

I can barely handle one.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42215
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
I don't even know for sure who I'll use next arc, :lol:

Except for Voltaire. -Nods-

Everybody loves Voltaire. Both the philosopher and the music group.

Olthar wrote:Don't expect him to show up very often, though. I'm pretty much planning for him to show up out of nowhere at the midway point, fight and defeat the mid-boss and then die from a Heroic Sacrifice during said mid-boss.

He's Optimus Prime. That's what he's good at. He's almost as eager to sacrifice himself as Bella Swann. :p


Who I'm talking about is neither. :P.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:Christ, Olthar. 6 characters?

I can barely handle one.

That Nightkill guy handles dozens.

But he's so lazy he doesn't apply for half of them. You have to wonder just who he thinks he is. :p
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7839
Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Forewarning: I'll be having James give a big long speech explaining... Basically everything from the end of Arc 1 up until now in the epilogue. Up to you guys if you want to post IC reactions to it then or wait for the Arc 3 prologues.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.


Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.


New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.


greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.


Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

User avatar
Erinkita
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14478
Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Erinkita wrote:Everybody loves Voltaire. Both the philosopher and the music group.


He's Optimus Prime. That's what he's good at. He's almost as eager to sacrifice himself as Bella Swann. :p


Who I'm talking about is neither. :P.

I an desperately curious to find out what is up with this character.
A pink trenchcoat and a fake moustache over a plague doctor mask? Why? :lol:
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42215
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Forewarning: I'll be having James give a big long speech explaining... Basically everything from the end of Arc 1 up until now in the epilogue. Up to you guys if you want to post IC reactions to it then or wait for the Arc 3 prologues.


I don't think anyone's there to react but Crowley.

Unless you mean later in the aftermath.

@Erin: Spur of the moment, mainly. :lol:
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7839
Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Forewarning: I'll be having James give a big long speech explaining... Basically everything from the end of Arc 1 up until now in the epilogue. Up to you guys if you want to post IC reactions to it then or wait for the Arc 3 prologues.


I don't think anyone's there to react but Crowley.

Unless you mean later in the aftermath.

@Erin: Spur of the moment, mainly. :lol:

Epilogue. As in after the main plot is done.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.


Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.


New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.


greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.


Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42215
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
I don't think anyone's there to react but Crowley.

Unless you mean later in the aftermath.

@Erin: Spur of the moment, mainly. :lol:

Epilogue. As in after the main plot is done.


Ah.

Sadly, none of my characters really have much to do with James. I don't think I'll be able to make too much of a reaction.

Just speaking for myself here though. :)
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Erinkita
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14478
Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Poetry tip: for extra fanciness, replace random letters with apostrophes.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arvenia, G-Tech Corporation, Great Harthund, Utceforp, Uttland

Advertisement

Remove ads