NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 5, Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Olthar wrote:
Erinkita wrote:First language doesn't count. I checked all the boxes for Sisitu because she would have had to learn way more than eight just to live as long as she has.

I know. That's why I only checked one box. ;)

Gluh. Sorry. I idiot.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Ende wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:That just reminded me why I like Laz, not make me feel sympathy for Pierre.

You were never supposed to feel sorry for him! <shakes fist>

I really just did that because Laz.

I feel sorry for Pierre. :unsure:
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:DH Anton.

Oh, Keith David. Let me make love to your voice.
Justice for Jane Doe

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:24 pm

I hated that movie but I loved that guy.

Olthar wrote:
Ende wrote:You were never supposed to feel sorry for him! <shakes fist>

I really just did that because Laz.

I feel sorry for Pierre. :unsure:

Pierre's an utter douche.

He killed a nicer version of himself because fuck you, joined the Fae because he was a pussy (despite having a second life), and taunted Lewis for losing Rosalind.

He also absolutely refused to change, despite being provided concrete evidence that he sucked, and rationalized that everyone was just stupid or jealous.

Fuck that guy so much.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Oh, Nightkill, submitted for your approval. If there are any further issues, let me know.
Justice for Jane Doe

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:

I hated that movie but I loved that guy.

The movie was... well, it was shitty.

He was entertaining, and I wanted him to win and become a magical dictator of New Orleans.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Erinkita wrote:Name: Sisitu
Age (Actual): 5,151
Age (Appears): 15
Race: Human
Appearance: Sisitu has a slight build, thin-limbed and narrow-hipped. She stands 4'8" which was a respectable height 5000 years ago. Her skin is a dark beige, almost teak-brown with sharp semitic features and large brown eyes. She currently wears her black hair in a short bob style. She doesn't wear make up or jewellery and her clothing tends towards the eclectic, often from multiple different eras.
Powergrid/Powers: Intelligence: 6
Strength: 1
Durability: 2
Speed: 3
Charisma: 8
Magic: Summoning 10. Sisitu can bring forth supernatural creatures and bind them to her will. Usually she needs to be in the target's habitat or a place special to it, or have some sort of portal to such a place, or have an object of significance to that particular being. Bringing forth entities against their will is harder and can be resisted. The more powerful a being, the harder it is to control.
Immortality 4. Every dawn, Sisitu reverts to the same physical condition she was in the moment she was cursed. This includes her pregnancy, but the shock of her body suddenly reconsitituing itself always causes her to miscarry.
Personality: Sisitu can come across as cold and jaded, and her long life has given her a cynical attitude. She may often be callous, but she isn't actively malicious. At times, she can be genuinely altruistic, but these moods are rare. She isn't much of a talker, having long ago lost her patience for social mores, but what she says, she means. She doesn't form sentimental bonds easily, but those she has run deep. Her greatest affection is for her "baby", which she dotes on like a child despite it being a vicious half-mad semi-human ghost. She is generally bitter and distrustful towards gods and has a tendency to see other supernatural creatures as no more than tools.
History: Sisitu was born in 3107 BC in the Sumerian city of Eridu. Her parents were both lost to a plague in her infancy and she was raised by the temple, growing up to be a priestess. At the age of 15, she broke her vow of chastity and became pregnant. She was offered redemption through suicide, but refused for the sake of her unborn child. For her insolence, the gods cursed her to live forever. The next 4,159 years are a bit of a mystery, but she eventually found became an apprentice of Valorean Fixban, who taught her the magic of summoning. When he could teach her no more, she continued her studies elsewhere. Eventually she returned to Eridu and summoned her gods, trying to force them to lift the curse. The gods admitted they no longer had the power to do so. Enraged, Sisitu summoned the spirit of her baby, which proceeded to destroy the gods. Having failed in regaining her mortality, Sisitu instead found a reason to live, namely her monstrous ghost-foetus. This is a very cut-down version of the story told in the on-shot. More backstory will be revealed when I think of it.
RP Sample: One-shot

EDIT: Reshuffled some stats.

Approved.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Olthar wrote:I feel sorry for Pierre. :unsure:

Pierre's an utter douche.

He killed a nicer version of himself because fuck you, joined the Fae because he was a pussy (despite having a second life), and taunted Lewis for losing Rosalind.

He also absolutely refused to change, despite being provided concrete evidence that he sucked, and rationalized that everyone was just stupid or jealous.

Fuck that guy so much.

Yeah, he's a terrible person, but I still feel sorry for him. Everything could have been different. :(

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I hated that movie but I loved that guy.

The movie was... well, it was shitty.

He was entertaining, and I wanted him to win and become a magical dictator of New Orleans.

I liked the movie. Some of the side characters were annoying and the plot was overly complicated, but I thought it was worthy of standing beside the movies of the Disney renaissance.
Justice for Jane Doe

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Ende totally dropped the ball with Pierre. I even gave him tips on how to make him likeable in his final moments by making him not a pussy, but he ignored them because he's ignoring me.

That said, I'm still having James react to losing his cousin and only remaining family.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Olthar wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Pierre's an utter douche.

Fuck that guy so much.

Yeah, he's a terrible person, but I still feel sorry for him. Everything could have been different. :(

Yeah, it could have - but he was a dick because he let himself be.

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Ende totally dropped the ball with Pierre. I even gave him tips on how to make him likeable in his final moments by making him not a pussy, but he ignored them because he's ignoring me.

That said, I'm still having James react to losing his cousin and only remaining family.

Did James even know?

They never discussed it and Pierre didn't leave Detroit until he went to EH.

Goodbye.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Olthar wrote:Yeah, he's a terrible person, but I still feel sorry for him. Everything could have been different. :(

Yeah, it could have - but he was a dick because he let himself be.

It's so tragic. :(

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Name: Septimus
Age (Actual): Old
Age (Appears): Varies.
Appearance: Currently appears to be a normal, young human male (in reality he's, far, far older) with black hair, black eyebrows, and blue eyes (that light up when using his electric magic), high cheekbones, and pale, pasty skin. He also typically can be seen with stubble, even a beard, because sorcerers are lazy. Can typically be seen wearing robes similar to these (minus the gold star), but despite looking light, they're extremely heavy, as the inside of them are lined with hundreds of various metal, stone, and wooden amulets, wards, religious symbols, enchanted items, and all things magical to provide additional magical resistance, and hopefully ward off undesirable creatures. Under the robes, he's clothed in numerous rags, more robes, and cloths all of some sort of major religious or historic background, as again, to give him additional resistance. Can't hurt, can it?

Powergrid: 22

Intelligence: 8
Strength: 3
Durability: 5
Speed: 4
Charisma: 2

Magic: 10
Arcane Electricity Manipulation: 10
Septemus can create, control, or absorb electricity, channeling it into bolts, 'charging' metal weapons with it, or in the case with his magically augmented spine, constantly zap metal implants in his spinal cord to sustain his brain's existence. While he can do it with his bare hands, this is risky as the bolts, even when controlled, can randomly jump to the nearest object and electrocute somebody (he's lost a couple followers during the Crusades due to this and had an awkward time covering up their deaths). To prevent this, he utilizes metal objects, especially his metal staff that he hand-forged years ago, and has used since. When he does not have any metal objects to control his power, he is hesitant to use them, as vaporizing friendlies can backfire, and being a sorcerer, he's not supposed to charge into a battle without support. Part of the reason why he hunts down amulets is to better control his power, as he dislikes the random deaths of others.
Due to the constant arcing bolts between the spikes of his back, as stated below, he smells of burnt toast. Quite a few organs have also been turned to dust. But kidneys are for pussies. Real men purge their blood of grime with electricity!

Weaknesses: Large golden spikes are shoved through his spine, with small ones starting at his tailbone, and increasing in size until they reach the middle of his back, then start decreasing again and finally stop halfway up his neck. Large electric bolts jump from these spikes and into his brain, sustaining life. Removing one induces temporary paralysis. Removing two induces a coma. Removing a third kills him. Think Frankenstein's monster. They also make his back look weird in robes. That and he smells like burnt toast (don't worry, you're not going to suffer a stroke, you just seriously smell burnt toast [and flesh].)

Personality: Studious, observant, and paranoid are the best words to describe Septemus, who, like all magical creatures, fears death and death only. This drive to survive has led to him constantly scouring all corners of the Earth in search of more forbidden knowledge to sustain him by just another day, as so he can live longer and learn more. This thirst for knowledge causes him to tackle and virtually absorb any sort of information he comes across, be it books, scrolls, or that new thingy called the 'internets' (he's one of those die-hard Wikipedia editor types). If a person, creature, or well, anything has a shred of knowledge that he finds interesting, he will do anything to make it talk, be it quests, study, jobs, or anything else besides self-harm.

History: Septimus is old. Not as old as some other creatures, but batting around two-thousand years qualifies for being old. Citizen of the fallen Roman Empire, he had a successful, notable career as a Legionnaire before returning home, marrying, and his wife promptly dying from causes that at the time were unknown to him. In his grief, he accidentally resurrected his spouse due to an intense electrical current. Due to shear amount of electricity that ran through her brain, she suffered extreme trauma, and thus what Septimus 'saw' was an 'abomination'. Believing that this was dangerous blasphemy and necromancy, he killed her.

Since then, with knowledge of modern medicine, his grief has increased, as he has now realized that the 'abomination' he resurrected was actually 'her', and not some demonic creature that his primitive mind at the time believed. Thus his former promiscuity has dropped off and guilt filled up. While not horribly depressed, he simply finds himself to be pathetic in the whole scenario, as there was no way to know at the time, but could have played it safe and simply waited and observed. However, time has helped numb the distance, as memories continues to fade, not to mention he's taken far better spouses. He simply loathes his failure in the scenario and his pathetic, knowledgeable mind at the time.

But that is the uninteresting drive behind his prizing of logical, analytical thought. After leaving his first 'life', Septimus has since led a myriad of lives, faking his death or simply leaving families he had created, never to return again*.
RP Sample: Tasty D'ohnuts

*Authors way of saying 'Fuck it I don't want to re-write the bio today, he'll just tell parts of his past ICly when asked.'

Also, reposting with updated stats and bio.
Last edited by AETEN II on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Olthar wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Yeah, it could have - but he was a dick because he let himself be.

It's so tragic. :(

I fail to see anything tragic about it.

Tragedy is when a good wo/man fucks up. Pierre was not, and never was, a good man.

Goodbye.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Erinkita wrote:Name: Sisitu
Age (Actual): 5,151
Age (Appears): 15
Appearance: Sisitu has a slight build, thin-limbed and narrow-hipped. She stands 4'8" which was a respectable height 5000 years ago. Her skin is a dark beige, almost teak-brown with sharp semitic features and large brown eyes. She currently wears her black hair in a short bob style. She doesn't wear make up or jewellery and her clothing tends towards the eclectic, often from multiple different eras.
Powergrid/Powers: Intelligence: 6
Strength: 1
Durability: 2
Speed: 3
Charisma: 8
Magic: Summoning 10. Sisitu can bring forth supernatural creatures and bind them to her will. Usually she needs to be in the target's habitat or a place special to it, or have some sort of portal to such a place, or have an object of significance to that particular being. Bringing forth entities against their will is harder and can be resisted. The more powerful a being, the harder it is to control.
Immortality 4. Every dawn, Sisitu reverts to the same physical condition she was in the moment she was cursed. This includes her pregnancy, but the shock of her body suddenly reconsitituing itself always causes her to miscarry.
Personality: Sisitu can come across as cold and jaded, and her long life has given her a cynical attitude. She may often be callous, but she isn't actively malicious. At times, she can be genuinely altruistic, but these moods are rare. She isn't much of a talker, having long ago lost her patience for social mores, but what she says, she means. She doesn't form sentimental bonds easily, but those she has run deep. Her greatest affection is for her "baby", which she dotes on like a child despite it being a vicious half-mad semi-human ghost. She is generally bitter and distrustful towards gods and has a tendency to see other supernatural creatures as no more than tools.
History: Sisitu was born in 3107 BC in the Sumerian city of Eridu. Her parents were both lost to a plague in her infancy and she was raised by the temple, growing up to be a priestess. At the age of 15, she broke her vow of chastity and became pregnant. She was offered redemption through suicide, but refused for the sake of her unborn child. For her insolence, the gods cursed her to live forever. The next 4,159 years are a bit of a mystery, but she eventually found became an apprentice of Valorean Fixban, who taught her the magic of summoning. When he could teach her no more, she continued her studies elsewhere. Eventually she returned to Eridu and summoned her gods, trying to force them to lift the curse. The gods admitted they no longer had the power to do so. Enraged, Sisitu summoned the spirit of her baby, which proceeded to destroy the gods. Having failed in regaining her mortality, Sisitu instead found a reason to live, namely her monstrous ghost-foetus. This is a very cut-down version of the story told in the on-shot. More backstory will be revealed when I think of it.
RP Sample: One-shot

EDIT: Reshuffled some stats.

Approved.

Thank you very much. :hug:
Justice for Jane Doe

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Ende totally dropped the ball with Pierre. I even gave him tips on how to make him likeable in his final moments by making him not a pussy, but he ignored them because he's ignoring me.

Did James even know?

My personal canon is that James and Pierre met each other often (Detroit and Windsor are pretty much next door to each other, so family get-togethers would be easy) and hung out occassionally off-screen during Arc 1.

I also always believed that Pierre used to be a good dude until he went to Elfen High.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Olthar wrote:It's so tragic. :(

I fail to see anything tragic about it.

Tragedy is when a good wo/man fucks up. Pierre was not, and never was, a good man.

*Shrug* I still feel sorry for him.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Did James even know?

My personal canon is that James and Pierre met each other often (Detroit and Windsor are pretty much next door to each other, so family get-togethers would be easy) and hung out occassionally off-screen during Arc 1.

I also always believed that Pierre used to be a good dude until he went to Elfen High.

His bio indicates that he was already sort of a cowardly dick, but in an understandable way.

At the start of Arc, he got Flanderized to the point where I cannot stand him at all.

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:I also always believed that Pierre used to be a good dude until he went to Elfen High.

Sadly, sometimes personal canon isn't true.

For example, I believe Richard is/was/will forever be the most evil of them all.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:I also always believed that Pierre used to be a good dude until he went to Elfen High.

Sadly, sometimes personal canon isn't true.

For example, I believe Richard is/was/will forever be the most evil of them all.

Richard was a tremendously irresponsible and haughty bastard, but he was never evil and he tried to repent.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Upon checking Wikipedia, 157,649 candidates applied for 434 vacancies in the Indian Engineering Services.

Holy fuck.

Now I'm even more annoyed for myself for having fucked up that interview.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Sadly, sometimes personal canon isn't true.

Richard was a tremendously irresponsible and haughty bastard, but he was never evil and he tried to repent.

He kept clean floors, for a start.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Richard was a tremendously irresponsible and haughty bastard, but he was never evil and he tried to repent.

I've successfully explained his evil actions, though. That means it's either true, or my imagination is amazing.

I'll go with the former.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse