NATION

PASSWORD

Operation: Downfall (Alternate WW2/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Operation: Downfall (Alternate WW2/IC)

Postby Lancearc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:36 pm

October 25th, 1945
Off the coast of Kyushu, southern Japanese island

The American fleet loomed off the coast of the land of the rising sun like a massive dragon, a gigantic beast waiting to strike at an equally gargantuan opponent. It was indeed perhaps the largest gathering of naval force within such a close proximity that history had seen and would ever see. There were unprecedented numbers of Marine Corps and Army troops aboard the boats, all loading into the Higgins boats that would help them storm the beaches of Japan.

General Douglas McArthur had been promoted to the 'super-rank' of General of the Armies just for this purpose, to command the massive expedition onto mainland Japan. He was amongst the fleet, but his vessel was never stated for security reasons.

Naval and Marine aviation pilots had been strafing and bombing the immensely defended beaches relentlessly for the past week, with almost no affect on the concrete bunkers and trench systems that had been constructed on the beaches of the Japanese island.

In only an hour, the invasion would begin.

On the shores of Kyushu

Yuuji Tsuchiya sat with crossed legs, his sword and rifle on the ground before him as he inhaled and exhaled slowly and deeply. He rose from his state of meditation as he picked up his katana and rifle, slinging the rifle over his shoulder and sheathing the katana with the familiar, satisfying sound of honed steel sliding into its sheath.

He and his men had been assigned to the trenches down on the beaches. They were to stand and fight for as long as possible, and they would do exactly that. Not just for themselves, but for the empire and their god-emperor.

Just down the trenches, a larger group of young volunteers were tying the traditional hachimaki rising sun headbands around their foreheads, gripping their katanas with killer intent, and downing their sake just before the battle. They were the kamikaze brigade, a group of approximately one hundred young volunteers who would charge forward once the American troops hit the beach.

Yuuji sighed, glad this was not him, but disappointed he would not perish in such a glorious charge.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Lewina
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Derek:
Derek stood by the edge of the railing of the ship smoking a cigarette. He stared off at the place they would be fighting in. It looked the same as other islands, although it had bigger mountains. Derek then pulled out some binoculars and stared at the island with them. The island was beautiful as we're most of them in the pacific, the only thing that decreased it's beauty was the craters made by bombs there, and signs of enemy presence. Derek waited for another man in his squad to get up and come over to where he was.

Hanada:
Hanada watched the still lines. The men seemed tense, they were thinking of home, of friends, and of family. Hanada was doing the same thing. But he knew it was pointless, what was the point of thinking about absolutely nothing? But he didn't have the nerve to talk to anyone, so he stood there waiting for the Americans to come.
Being NJ since '96

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:19 am

Mason sat below deck, his boots tied and his magnum on the table. He worked a clip Into his rifle, and holstered it. He got his magnum and loaded rounds into each chamber, and then kneeled in prayer for what would come In just an hour...
Last edited by Legatia on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Mason heads over to Derek, his rifle slung and his magnum holstered. "Hey, spare a cig?"

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Derek turned around and pulled out a cigarette and handed it to Mason. "I didn't know you were an early riser," Derek stated offering a match to Mason. "Why are you up so early? Are you afraid of what's ahead of us?" He asked. "If you are I don't blame you, even I get scarred doing things like this, the Japs over there may look like they don't give a shit about what's about to happen but they're shitting their pants right now, like us."
Being NJ since '96

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Mason shook his head. "The Corp got me up early, there is no questions. Besides, the Tojos got another thing coming. If I have to my body will be used as a ruler for the territory of the Allies." He grins, looking out to the island.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:01 pm

"One of the best jobs in our empire." Yuuji said quietly, nodding over towards the kamikaze brigade briefly. He'd stepped over to one of the men on his squad, Hanada, not someone he's worked with before. "They honor their ancestors, the emperor, and the heavens, all because they were the first to volunteer their very lived to defend from the Americans. We'll still get at them though, even if we don't get such a high honor, hm?" Yuuji said, shifting his gaze to the massive fleet in the distance.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Hanada felt his feet become a little weaker. "We will, and when we do we'll beat them right back to America," Hanada assured Yuuji shifting his attention from his thoughts to him. Although he was a sergeant it was an honor to speak with a colonel, especially when the colonel approached him and started a conversation with him.
Being NJ since '96

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Mason lights up the cigarette as he watches a private with a BAR rake the relative shoreline. "Woah, woah, save it for the Tojos!"

Confederate States 0f America
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 14, 2013

Postby Confederate States 0f America » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Corporal Isamu stood in line, waiting to receive his rifle and equipment. There were three of his comrades in front of him. He followed the line, taking what was handed to him. He was handed four grenades. Isamu attached them to his uniform and patted them gently. Soon...he thought, soon. The next piece of equipment was his sidearm. It was the standard issue Type 14 Nambu. He took it from the quartermaster and cocked the pistol and pulled the trigger, the pistol gave a satisfying click.. He then loaded a clip into the pistol and slide it into its holster.

Next was rifle issuing. Isamu stood, as straight as an arrow, while he waited for his turn. An older soldier was handing out rifles. He was an older gentlemen, his hair was gray which indicated his age and wisdom. Next to him was a young kodomo, he handed out ammunition packs to the solders.
Isamu followed the man in front of him. Isamu stood at attention as the Furui kenja gave the man a rifle. Now it was Isamu's turn to get his instrument of war. He approached the man and bowed. The older man returned the bow before digging through the weapon's crate. He came back up empty handed and shaking his head. He held up his hand indicating that there were no more rifles.
Isamu stood there showing no emotion. Inside was different, he was worried. Was he not going to get a rifle? Was he expected to fight the enemy with just a pistol and knife? He knew full well about the volunteer kamikaze squad. While it would be an honor to die for Japan in such a glorified way, he felt he could serve the Emperor better if he had a rifle. His concern was extinguished when two young solders brought up another crate of rifles. This one had different markings than the last. The writing spelt 四式自動小銃 or Yon-shiki jidousyoujyuu. The solder opened the crate for the man and exchanged bows before leaving with the empty crate. The man lifted the rifle out of the crate and Isamu took it as he bowed. Without looking at the rifle he slung it over his back and took the ammo pouch. He walked over to a truck and hopped on the back.

The truck drove out to the first line of defenses. Isamu got out of the truck and took his place among the defenders. He unslung his rifle and finally got a good look at his instrument of war. This was not his usual Type 99 rifle, this was was strange...foreign. He inspected the rifle farther, Isamu noticed a lack of bolt-action pull. His rifle looked foriegn, almost American. His beloved japanese rifle looked like one of those fast repeating rifles the Yankee Scum used, M1 Garand is what they call it. Isamu inspected it farther and noticed the familiar and warm imperial chrysanthemum symbol. The symbol represented the Emperor's ownership of the rifle, that it is considered an honor to use one of the Emperor's rifles. He pulled out a strip of bullets. It was a 10 round strip. He fed the strip into the chamber and cocked the rifle. He attached his bayonet. Isamu sat the rifle down before kneeling. He leaned down and began to pray.
Slavery was officially abolished in the Confederates States in 1881
My nation does not represent my real life beliefs.

Factbook and Weebly
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=confederate_states_0f_america/detail=factbook/dcategory=1
http://confederatestatesofamerica.weebly.com/
Weebly is mostly deadlinks. Slowly working on it.

Factbook is still under construction and is incomplete. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to TG me

WHAT WAS SHALL BE WHAT SHALL BE WAS

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:17 pm

"Good...good." the aging Japanese soldier said, nodding slightly as his cold black eyes and generally peaceful expression continued to take the horizon upon which the dark silhouettes of battleships and carriers sat.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Mason comes back from below deck a little bit later, carrying an American flag. He waves it in the air defiantly at the Japanese, and plants it on the bow for all to see.

New Chucklaslovokia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Chucklaslovokia » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:09 am

Jay got up, got dressed, checked his ammo. Just another mission he reassured himself. After checking his ammo once again he walked up on deck and saw Mason planting the American flag on deck, he said jokingly "Hey save that energy for the Japanese"
Last edited by New Chucklaslovokia on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAN G THIS S I G N A T U R E IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:41 am

Mason turned about. "This is for the Tojos. They're about to see some American pride, and it starts here."

New Chucklaslovokia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Chucklaslovokia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:31 am

"You want a cig" Jay asked "I've got about 3 packs.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAN G THIS S I G N A T U R E IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse